Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Hi everyone! Um, what does RVS stand for?

VOTE: Secret Agent Jin
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Thank you!! I figured the "v" stood for vote but I couldn't piece together the other words
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:55 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

So while we're asking questions, I'd like to know why formerfish is going after jin so much still after he explained he wasn't going to be around much until the 17th. I still think jin is being suspicious, but is it worth it to continue to question someone who isn't going to be around for a little while? Wouldn't it make more sense to also question other people rather than stick to one person in this phase?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:18 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I don't think it necessarily implies he's scum either. I guess I'm trying to make conversation about people other than jin since jin won't be on much until the 17th. Maybe jin is scum and it's fine to go after him so much, but he won't be the only scum in the game. I also want to see how people respond to claims being made against them.

Are you saying I'm diverting attention away from jin or formerfish?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

I mean I get it, but I also haven't stated that I think jin is innocent so I don't know if it would fall under white knighting? My main reason for trying to bring anyone else up was to get an actual discussion going since all that was happening was formerfish asking questions and those questions going unanswered. How much discussion typically happens in each day phase? At the moment it seems far and few between. Is that mainly because there are 2 people who haven't posted at all and a few others who haven't posted much?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 59, Formerfish wrote:Moo, yeah pretty much. Also, newbie games tend to start a lot slower because of apprehension towards posting.
What's usually the apprehension to posting? Just because people don't know what to post? I feel like I'm the question queen over here haha
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:50 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Ok, so looking back here are things that I think are worth making note of:

Myself voting for jin, and I'm bringing it up now since I'm sure someone else will. I didn't know what rvs was at the time but I voted based on what fish was asking jin (why aren't you participating in rvs are you scum). I'm now realizing he was probably half joking with those questions...

Fykus giving a reason for voting for tiershift. No one else was giving reasons at this point and it was also his second post in the forum. It seemed like he was on the defense (which I guess most people would be if they're being voted for). Tiershift and fykus had a quick discussion about the exchange of votes and fykus decided to change his vote (but didnt yet) while tiershift changed his vote to jin. After that, fykus still brought up that there wasn't much going on the first day other than tiershift being somewhat aggressive about being voted for. It's interesting to me that fykus continues to be on the defense about tiershift despite the fact that tiershift changed his vote.

Tiershift changing his vote to jin and jack also voting for jin afterwards. Tiershift's vote came after formerfish explained why he was voting for jin and why it was good to question him, and jack specifically gave the reason that formerfish's "attack" seemed solid.

Have you played a game with pep before?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:51 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Also VOTE: fykus
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:55 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I was really confused for a second with your post because all of the pronouns were he and I'm a she haha, just for clarification
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:18 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I don't really care about that, I was just confused and it took a second to realize I was being talked about haha
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:25 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Also, this is my first time playing so in regards to "this is how townies think" and "this is how scum thinks" there's not really a point of reference for me. I'm sure that sounds like a BS excuse. I just want to try to see anything that could be suspicious even if it's not and I'm overanalyzing. As I stated in my long rant, I realized that the initial questions were probably just joking around and I was definitely reading way too much into it. Therefore, I changed my vote to fykus (even though I'm probably overanalyzing that as well...)
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:53 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

The questions being asked and his general avoidance of questions at first, it seemed weird. It's easier to just say "I'm going to be gone for a bit and I don't want to vote right away" rather than shitposting immediately then disappearing. Also a general suspicion of all people playing as well. I'll work on making my statements more coherent, I tend to ramble and make the same useless point 3 times and miss the point I'm trying to make
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:54 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 101, nydushermain wrote:
That's a little bit more in line with what you said. Why does the question being asked make him potential scum though? If I asked you a question, does it make you more likely to be scum?
That's a good point. I guess asking a person questions doesn't make them scum, and it's more about the response to the questions. In SAJ's case, they avoided answering seriously for a while.

Side completely unrelated to this game note, I had a ton of coffee this morning and am still so jittery and it's terrible
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Formerfish I think it's odd that you've aligned yourself serveral times now as town. I feel like it's suspicious to say that you're town especially when no one else has said it so openly. Do you feel like you need to make that clarification?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

I'll do it one by one as I'm on my phone, one moment please!
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 16, Formerfish wrote:RVS is what we call the random voting stage (a subvariety of this is RQS which is the random question stage).

RVS occurs at the beginning of games and is meant to be like an ice breaker of sorts.
It's what helps us gain info as town
to make beneficial moves in lynching scum.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 126, Formerfish wrote:
In post 75, Pepchoninga wrote:Hello all ^^ will be reading the pages and comming up with some content ^^
Its weird that you call it content here.
I don't feel like as town I produce content
, that seems like something I would want to do as scum.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 136, Formerfish wrote:See, I thought that you might have been talking about that stuff. I don't really know how to answer you here. As an SE I'm here to teach as well as play. Pointing out the proper play as town is part of what I do here. Also, I don't know how to play town any other way that working off the knowledge that I am town and playing accordingly.
That makes sense, but I also haven't seen anyone else mention that they're town. Most of the people have jyst mentioned that other people might be scum/talking about scummy actions.

I do appreciate that you admitted that you didn't know how to answer and seem cool and collected rather than immediately going on the defense. You are an experienced player as well, so that might be playing a factor in the tone of your response.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 137, Fykus wrote:I'd like to hear some more from Toto. Hes been very quiet for the last couple days and that seems suspicious to me. In a game like this it seems as if scum would like to coast along staying out of the limelight and he seems like hes been doing that. Does anyone else agree with that sentiment?
I agree, and I think someone else agrees as well (don't remember the name, I just remember someone posted question marks after toto voted for you). I haven't seen much else from Toto other than random votes.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:07 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I think it's scummy to call yourself (a broad you, not specifically you tiershift) town especially in a game of newbies because it's an easy way to get people to believe you're town. If you keep saying it enough and are the first person to say it, then true town will be naturally drawn to you. If the real town members trust you, then you can slide under the radar
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:43 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Toto, it's going to be difficult for people to follow you and vote for someone if you don't say your suspicions amd theories. Why are you so convinced formerfish is scum? What sort of behaviors would make someone formerfish's "partner"?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:37 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I haven't forgotten about fykus, and was curious about why fykus responded to Toto voting for them but not me voting for them. Either he's trying not to act suspicious like he did with you, he didn't notice, or he was more interested in Toto voting for him.

I figured there would be a huge wall of text between fish and Toto so I wanted to hold off for a little bit and see what was said. However it seems to me they're both just going back and forth and there's not too much substance there. I think Toto is super suspicious with how aggressive and "know it all" (as I believe you put it) he's being, but it might just be he's super convinced that fish is scum.

I don't know how aggressive I'm supposed to go after someone, especially if they don't respond. So I guess I'll try being more aggressive?

Fykus. What do you think of the claims I made against you and my vote against you?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

what does PR mean?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #23) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Wait. Why does Toto think you've basically revealed that you're a PR? That doesn't make any sense. And the fact that he's trying to get you to reveal that you have one of these roles doesn't make sense either...

What roles are considered to be power roles?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Also why are they considered to be power roles?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Ohhhh ok, I misunderstood that part of the rules. I've got it now!

Doing any sort of role claim right now really seems like it would only help the mafia take that PR out in the night. Why do you think formerfish has a PR in the first place and why would you want him to reveal that role if you weren't scum?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

But if he claimed a PR then there would be a target on his back for the night, wouldn't there?? So he'd be dead either way, by lynching today or being killed in the night by the mafia...or if he wasn't a PR then it would be easy for him to just say he was a vanilla townie. Again, I don't really see a point in that? Maybe I'm missing something here
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Unless Toto is trying to say he's also PR and wants you to make it public in order to see if you claimed the role he has or not. Does that happen ever? Also I never saw where fish explicitly claims PR, he only says it would be really bad for the town if he was lynched and if he claimed it would likely result in Toto being lynched today and fish being killed in the night
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:43 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Na, it was a different thing when I voted for you fykus. I looked at what you were saying and noticed that you wouldn't let tiershift go and continually called him suspicious even though your vote wasn't on him anymore. Obviously you can be suspicious of everyone but continuing to stick on one person is odd.

As for this whole role claim business....there's no benefit right now?? If we get to a point where we have to role claim then that's fine but doing it so early only leads to a target on someone's back I think. Maybe it'll make sense the next day when there's less people but right now I don't see it.

There are a few people who have been very quiet. The new peopls, pep, main, and jack. Jin as well but jin will be returning tomorrow or Wednesday. I would say it's highly probable that one of those people are scum though I'm terrible with statistics.

I'm only bringing them up because we still have a lot of time before the day ends and I want to be sure we're making the right choice.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #29) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:50 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I'm wondering the same thing. I feel like I say a lot of things but don't really have the confidence behind what I'm saying. It might be building as the game continues but I still feel very not confident in most of my comments.

Out of the inactive, I feel most suspicious about Jack. He was here and present for a while then disappeared. I also feel suspicious about main, again present for a while then disappeared. Pep seems to respond more often from what I remember, and is more likely to engage with the group. Does the mafia tend to isolate themselves and make less substantial comments in the games you've played before?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:12 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In regards to SAJ, I think that's been dropped for now.

Again, this is my first game so I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm trying to find things that seem suspicious and if someone points out "that's not actually suspicious" then I think about it again. How is the fact that my vote still stands for fykus scummy? I think there's still a possibility that fykus is scum and I don't want to change my vote just because it's "stale". You had the same vote for a long time until you just changed it to Toto.

I'm trying to question other people as well because there's more than just one mafia member. I'm thinking that's not a good strategy right now as it makes things jumbled and confusing. I didn't say jack was the most scummy overall, just the most scummy of the more inactive players.

I think you're faulting me for saying things are interesting which is just the way I talk? I almost said "I think it's interesting" again but had to stop myself. Me saying something is interesting is basically me asking "is this something worth looking into or am I not making sense".
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #31) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:35 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I would be tied between fykus based on their continuing interactions with tiershift and Toto actually. SAJ is practically nonexistent to me until he comes back and starts talking again. Toto's weird tone and sudden aggressive attitude just seems too weird, and the willingness to vote for fykus after tiershift said to (even though tiershift didn't vote for fykus) screams scum to me. It's like "oh there's already votes for fykus, let's just vote for fykus and be done with that". The nonchalance of tiershift saying "just vote for fykus" seems scummy as well.

I think I vote for someone who is interesting more than scummy because I want to see their response. Fykus didn't respond to me at first and only responded after tiershift asked why I hadn't been questioning them. I consider that tiershift trying to make me a better player by the way. Their response didnt make sense, as I clearly wasn't bandwagoning off TS since TS changed their vote.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:03 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I think it's scummy that fykus didn't respond and still thinks that TS is on his case which, turns out, is still true I guess. Honestly the three of them are all acting super suspicious and scummy (I'll try to use that word more to be clearer) but I feel as though I'm not skilled enough to figure out why I feel that way or put it into words.

I'm also on mobile right now which makes it difficult to find quotes/go back and look at specific things (laundry days are the worst)
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #33) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:48 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Looking through, fykus voted for Toto after toto voted for fykus. This is the second time that fykus has done this. I don't know if it is suspicious, but I have a feeling it is. My vote for fykus stands.

I would find it suspicious because instead of saying why he's not suspicious he immediately goes into reasons why another person is more suspicious. The lack of defense tells me there is no defense, and that he is scum.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:49 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Ok, I'm starting to see where it makes sense. I still am completely missing where fish soft claimed PR. was it in a private message or something? Can you quote it if it's in the public forum?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:49 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 350, nydushermain wrote:I didn't mean to start the battle again -_- ... What are the odds that the scum are just hiding in the fight.
I would not be surprised if that was the case...

I am but am about to go grocery shopping and will be gone for about half an hour
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #36) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:30 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Ok, so this is what I'm thinking. It would be ridiculous for Toto to continue pushing fish if he was scum because it would make people want to lynch him as we're seeing. Following that line of thinking, it's also ridiculous that Toto announced it to EVERYONE that fish is PR. now there's a target on fish's back for the night. If more people got behind Toto and voted for fish, that would be favorable for mafia (assuming fish is indeed a PR and a town). The mafia can sit back and watch this situation unfold. Then they can vote and help this feud unfold.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:35 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Ugh I said unfold twice this is why I need to go back and reread things. Anyways, I think a person who isn't talking (jack and fykus) could be mafia as well as someone who brought up/participated in the feud again (pep or nydusherman)
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #38) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:55 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Why would someone who is scum be over the top though? That's just drawing attention to themselves. I thought it was suspicious at first as well. The more I thought about it, the more I thought it would be less likely for a scum to be going after someone in the way Toto was. I guess it doesn't really matter anymore since Toto wants to be replaced...
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #39) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:59 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Also fykus when you voted for Toto he had only said a few things at that point, one being a vote for you and one saying that you're probably scum. So your story doesn't add up at all. He only started saying more after you voted for him back. It's fine to keep the vote after he started talking like that but he wasn't talking like crazy when you voted for him.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #40) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:21 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

It doesn't matter if people believe Toto anymore because Toto isn't here and you are. You have a different playstyle and tone from Toto so it'll be a different read.

As for why I wasn't talking much during the arguments, what was I supposed to say? How was I supposed to interject? I didn't feel like I had anything good to say so I didn't.

I don't see how me kind of agreeing with formerfish and then kind of agreeing with Toto makes me scummy. I had an initial reaction and was questioning Toto but then thought about it more and realized it didn't make sense.

Maybe my looking into fykus and hammering on that one point was incorrect. But to me, fykus seems to be the most scummy right now.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #41) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:17 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Yea but even if someone is acting like an idiot they're still the town's idiot. Having the numbers is the most important thing to win, isn't it??
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #42) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:40 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Are you going to keep your vote for radiant now that toto is gone, fykus? Do you have any other suspicions? What you said makes sense, I was prodding you more because you were the only one I had any inkling of scum on. Everyone else is at a neutral point for me with slight town or slight scum leanings.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #43) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:38 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I promise I'm not scum I'm just very very bad at playing this game. (This statement sounds suspicious but it's the truth so I'll go with it since I don't know how else to word it)

Is there anything I can clear up or any questions I can answer that will help?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #44) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:54 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Also what does sheep mean? Just following you in voting for me?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #45) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:46 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

So here's where I'm falling short in your eyes, TS. I'm not assertive when making my claims. I put out my thoughts a lot of the time and don't follow through. This is something I'll work on for this game and other games moving forward. I will say this, AGAIN, I am trying to figure this out but having trouble seeing where people are being scummy. So I've been trying to observe which I already know is scummy based on a statment someone else made but I'm trying to wrap my head around all this.

Is it typical for people to take notes or is that over the top?? (Half joking, half serious)
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #46) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:25 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Oh my god I just made this really good post and DELETED IT so let me try to recreate it here:

In the first few pages, Jack arrives and says he's completely new to this other than playing town of salem a few times. He then says he's afraid that he'll say something to screw up. If you're a town member, you're likely going to say something and screw up, but it'll be easier to get out of it than if you're scum and don't have a good defense. TS tells Jack to determine if someone is being scummy or if their posts seem genuine. I make a post and Jack immediately turns around and votes for me because I'm "playing it cool". As FF keeps going after Jin, Jack decides that FF has a point and votes for Jin. FF takes the vote off Jin as it was at l-1, and Jack asks if it would be bad for a lynch to occur this early on. Of course scum would want an early lynch, it means less talking during the day and therefore less of a chance that they'll screw up somewhere.

Jack then makes a half-assed post about everyone and doesn't really follow through on any of it, even though there are people that he thinks are scum in it. TS tells him to actually vote for someone instead of just thinking that there might be scum. Jack ignores this and doesn't vote for anyone. Jack makes another post that is unrelated to finding scum and says this game is about paranoia and bad judgement. TS tells him he's wrong and wants Jack to vote for someone, which he doesn't. Jack disappears for a while and returns as the FF/Toto train is dying down. Citing FF in the post before he votes, Jack votes for Toto.

Jack then makes a post stating that he's keeping his vote for the Toto slot, and how easy it is for RC to come in and claim town. Convenient, as FF made a very similar argument. Jack also seems to mimic FF's way of talking and making accusations against RC.

I don't know what this connection to FF is or why Jack feels the need to attach himself to FF, but I am very certain that Jack is scum.

VOTE: JackChaos
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #47) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:34 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Shoot, I thought I did. Ok, so he's scum for it because he's essentially copying a player that is very active and, based on what people have said about FF, seems to be on everyone's radar as town. As a new player, and as a new scum player, it would be the best way to try to blend in if he attached himself to a player that seems like town. Does that make sense?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #48) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:45 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 460, TierShift wrote:Some people do take notes. Do whatever you like.

I don't think you're scummy for observing. Everyone observes. The fact is that I don't get the feeling that you genuinely scumread the people that you are pushing. If you think someone is scum, you attack them. You want them to stay in the spotlight. You analyse their every move. If you don't scumread anyone, you should feel bad and make sure that you are. You are town, after all. You want to figure out the game.

That town thought process is something that you completely lack.
Is this the post? I'll respond to this one and if it's the wrong post then let me know.

I can't disagree with you on this post. I've been partially scum reading people and not following through. I should be doing all of those things and I haven't been. Me saying I'm new can't be an excuse anymore because everyone has been saying it to everyone else. I can't go back and change how I was in the forum before, but I can start going after people now and keeping them in the spotlight.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #49) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:04 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Well jeez I didn't think my post was that bad haha. Can you explain to me why you think it reeked of scum? I thought that the fact that jack was copying everything FF did basically was super scummy.

I'll direct a question to Jack. Why are you following FF in whatever way he votes? Do you have any of your own scum reads that are separate from FF?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #50) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:18 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 420, Formerfish wrote:See here's my theory of what just happened here. I feel like Toto is scum. He attacked me in a very odd manner, coming to form very concrete views based off of "reasons," and he wasn't expecting to run into a PR. He spazed and went completely off the rails. He knew that the only thing he could do was fully commit and scortch earth. That way you, Radiant, could come in all calm and be like "yo, I'm chill, let's not fight, bygones right?"

Nope.

The slot is toxic and needs to hang. The slot will not be a nk target now because of the wifom it creates. I will be cleared eventually, this slot won't until we hang it.
In post 439, JackChaos wrote:This game is really exciting but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. It seems like you guys just make up bullshit then argue about it to see who cracks. I'm sure there's an actual strategy to it but I've never been much of a politician type so forgive me for floundering.

Here, I'll try.

RadiantCowbells what else would you say here? I mean you wouldn't come into the game and be like "oh ya guys woo I'm scum." You popped in and insulted the town and then was adamant about the slot not being scummy at all. Attack the people and make them doubt themselves and they'll never suspect you, right?

Nope.

You're scum. That slot is poison and you know it. You're drenched in it and the way I see it, either that slot drags you down now or it drags one of us down at night.
These posts are just so similar how could this not be scummy
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #51) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:25 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 472, nydushermain wrote:What's your read on tiershift moogin?
I'm with you on TS being very inconsistent. There are a few posts that really stand out to me and you touched upon some of them as well. I'll go and find them.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #52) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:26 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Also how do you feel about Jack's post and FF's post having extreme similarities? Do you think it's a coincidence or do you think there could be something there?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #53) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:05 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 420, Formerfish wrote:See here's my theory of what just happened here. I feel like Toto is scum. He attacked me in a very odd manner, coming to form very concrete views based off of "reasons," and he wasn't expecting to run into a PR. He spazed and went completely off the rails. He knew that the only thing he could do was fully commit and scortch earth. That way you, Radiant, could come in all calm and be like
"yo, I'm chill, let's not fight, bygones right?"

Nope.

The slot is toxic and needs to hang
. The slot will not be a nk target now because of the wifom it creates. I will be cleared eventually, this slot won't until we hang it.
In post 439, JackChaos wrote:This game is really exciting but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. It seems like you guys just make up bullshit then argue about it to see who cracks. I'm sure there's an actual strategy to it but I've never been much of a politician type so forgive me for floundering.

Here, I'll try.

RadiantCowbells what else would you say here? I mean you wouldn't come into the game and be like
"oh ya guys woo I'm scum."
You popped in and insulted the town and then was adamant about the slot not being scummy at all. Attack the people and make them doubt themselves and they'll never suspect you, right?

Nope.

You're scum.
That slot is poison and you know it.
You're drenched in it and the way I see it, either that slot drags you down now or it drags one of us down at night.

I'll bold and underline the similarities I see. The first similarity is more about putting words into RC's mouth. and just the tone of it, not necessarily the content as the other 2 similarities are.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #54) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:06 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 477, nydushermain wrote:
I'm not actually sure. I didn't really notice the similarities and I wouldn't particularly read into it since jack is giving me the impression that he was somewhat trolling with his post. Either way, it sounded extremely fake to me and I think he's a pretty good lynch target. Not the best one today though.
Who would be a better person to lynch today then? I'm working on that TS post by the way, I'm just at work so it'll be slow moving. What specific inconsistencies do you see in TS?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #55) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:26 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Nydushermain I was going to go through and make a post but it's basically the same thing that you were saying. TS at first saying "I don't want newbies following me" then "we can just lynch fykus" and "please sheep tyvm". I'm guessing it's mainly because TS had better scum reads on fykus and myself, so I don't think it's as scummy as I initially thought. TS (I think) did also say tones shift throughout the game so I think I was reading too much into it.

RC, why would Jack be making joking posts when he hasn't been making many other posts? I think he could've been joking as well, but what would be the purpose in that?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #56) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:32 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 501, JackChaos wrote:
In post 471, MooginSoosy wrote:These posts are just so similar how could this not be scummy
They were similar because in that post above I was talking about trying to learn how to play the game properly.

I was trying to mimic what you all were doing. You can argue that as scum but I'm just trying over here.
Ok, so you wanted to copy what other people were doing. Why did you copy FF the most out of all the other players? a fair amount of us are newbies so I get not wanting to mimic us, but what about TS? Also, why didn't you vote for anyone even if you thought they were scum? I believe you thought pep was scum, do you still believe that?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #57) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:36 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

And as I stated before, I was getting the hang of it before. I didn't know what was scummy and what wasn't. I don't think I have a great handle on it now, but I'm trying different methods. How is what I did more scummy than the other 2 people that haven't played before, fykus and jack? And how is my involvement now more scummy than those two? I'm attempting to make meaningful posts and I feel they're still coasting by, jack moreso than fykus.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #58) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:06 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 516, TierShift wrote:Faceplanted today while riding my bike. 8 stitches and a face covered in blood. Not recommendable.

vla until the concussion clears
Oof. Feel better!!! At least you maybe have a cool scar?? Just tell people you got in a fight with a bear :P
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #59) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Now what I'm confused about is how both fykus and jack are saying "hang me if you want you'll see you're wrong." That seems super suspicious? If you're town I feel like you shouldn't be so ready to hang, you should be fighting and trying to find someone who actually is scum in order to help the town win. If you're town and you just let yourself die, who does that help?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (isolation #60) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Why the votes RC and fykus? I'll have fewer posts tomorrow as well, I've got a lot going on this weekend
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (isolation #61) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:28 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Wait, what does claiming a daycop guilty on fykus mean? Can the cop do that?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (isolation #62) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Let's try it, no mod needed here hahaha.

Also holy cow these votes are ALL OVER and there's about 2 days left. I feel pretty good about keeping my vote on Jack though
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (isolation #63) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:12 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

TS what do you think of Jack? I don't think mimicking people is very town like even if it is the first game a person has played and that's what he's been doing a lot.

Sorry if you mentioned how you feel before, a lot of things happened in the thread and it's hard to sift through
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (isolation #64) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Holy crap a lot happened. I'm here, I just need to read this mess again.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (isolation #65) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

I don't think RC is scum so I wouldn't vote for them.

I still think Jack is scum and it doesn't seem like he's coming back anyways. He's been prodded but still hasn't responded despite saying he has his phone now and he'll be on more. So do we lynch the slot that's going to be replaced most likely or wait until someone takes the slot?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (isolation #66) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Yes. I still don't know what to think of it really. I think you didn't react well to the fakehammer, but I don't understand why RC would do that in the first place. I started to think Toto was town towards the end so I still don't think RC is. Why would it make RC Jack's buddy if RC did the fakehammer? Because it's drawing attention away from Jack and towards a town? Despite the poor reaction to RC voting Jack, you're still not on my top scum list, more of a null at this point
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (isolation #67) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 886, -Grey- wrote:
In post 885, MooginSoosy wrote:Why would it make RC Jack's buddy if RC did the fakehammer?
If Jack flips scum, RC was probably drawing attention off him with the fakehammer.

It's an elegant way to redirect a wagon on the eleventh hour because everybody scrambles for an alternative lynch.
That's what I thought.

Nydushermain, I'm confused about how you said jack was scummy after the fakehammer and that it would be a good lynch, but you want to vote for pep fykus or grey?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (isolation #68) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 888, Fykus wrote:Im beginning to suspect a moogs/rc scumship. Ill post properly in an hour when i get home from work.
Um. Interested to see what that theory is. It's wrong, but I'd like to see the reasoning behind it
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (isolation #69) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:56 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I agree with putting pressure on pep. I plan on going back and looking through all of pep's posts when I get home from work. If I were to vote now that would put pep at L-1 so I won't do that yet.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (isolation #70) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:40 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Well I'm definitely not scum, I'm the one who brought up jack in the first place and just kept my vote. I thought he was scum so why would I change that vote to someone I'm fairly certain is town (nydushermain)
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (isolation #71) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:42 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Also sorry I haven't been super active in this day yet I was waiting for pep to come back and say something
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (isolation #72) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:44 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 1048, -Grey- wrote:
In post 481, MooginSoosy wrote:I'm working on that TS post by the way, I'm just at work so it'll be slow moving.
Did you ever get around to this?
I was going to but realized the points I had were already covered by nydushermain.

Basically, TS was going back and forth between not wanting to be influential and wanting people to vote for fykus or myself blindly (telling Toto let's just vote for fykus, everyone sheep and vote for moogin)
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (isolation #73) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:49 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

VOTE: ville

Because you can't be the tracker. It sucks that it came down to having to role reveal but I'm not letting that slide and I don't have another way to sneakily suggest that you're scum
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1096 (isolation #74) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:58 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Is there a way in the future to just...not cc? It seems so lazy to do that but I didn't want Ville to get away with the fake claim.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (isolation #75) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:36 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Oh, I didn't make that clear. I'm not the tracker, I'm the jailer. Given my role it would be impossible for ville to be tracker. The other scum is someone who is the roleblocker (or someone who knows the other scum is roleblocket). A possible town slot in that case would be cop. I believe it was you, fykus, who was fairly certain there was a cop in the mix.

I jailed nydushermain the first night
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (isolation #76) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 1123, Fykus wrote:Unfortunately im just a vanilla townie. Had i been cop i would have tracked grey. So if you jailed nydus that means hes either scum or a target of scum or maybe mafia had a roleblocker that used their action and maybe pep never sent in a kill?
I never said YOU were cop, I said you thought there was a cop in the mix. The only way you would think there was a town in the mix was that if you or your partner were the roleblocket. The only reason I jailed nydushermain was because I was fairly certain they were town and figured the mafia would either go for FF or someone random.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”