Newbie 1713 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Sat May 28, 2016 5:36 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Ok hi guys im the new ashley, it seems
So, rqs: did you guys play a lot of games as scum already?
Oh and ofc a nice vote Uhhh
Aint no foxbirds exist
VOTE: foxbird
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Sat May 28, 2016 6:11 am

Post by inspectorscout »

What i think is that arak is def on my nullscum list for that reaction, but not more than that. Flailing isnt necessarily a scum thing; dont forget this is a newbie game, we (yes im a newb too) tend to stress a lot when they are suspected, regardless of alignment.
Im keeping my rvs vote tho, ill let huntress continue their discussion, id love to see what foxbird has to say
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Sat May 28, 2016 7:11 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Ok crap i expected something to start a discussion on like 'pls rvs over dafuk u doin' but since that didnt work xd
UNVOTE: furrybird
Uhhh...ill put a real vote later on, i guess we'll have to wait for those other replacements to drop in
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Sat May 28, 2016 11:27 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

SirCakez wrote:Hello folks
In post 9, arak-and-skhug wrote:shalom yall

this is my second game and I lost my first one so I really want us to win this one to make up for it.

yo maybe I'm crazy but I don't think anyone should be at L-2 before they've even made their first post. there's two mafia and if they aren't already on this wagon, they could lynch Alex before he even gets to say hello. Not ideal.

Anyway.

One time when I was in middle school a girl named Ashley stole my gummi worms and I never really got over it.
So
VOTE: ashley
As several other have noted, the third paragraph here is very bizarrely paranoid. And the follow-up to being questioned by Huntress also looked very defensive to me. A good vote to get me into the game.

VOTE: arak
Wait what. Am i the only one that thinks this is an extremely convenient hop on?

And arak saying that he didnt really flail is a rather town move; if he was scum he wouldve most likely tried to avoid discussion about that
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Sun May 29, 2016 2:40 am

Post by inspectorscout »

@foxbird
Im not voting yet, but i do agree with arak. You are following instead of having your own opinion (lol bad example cuz im following arak too now)
His points are pretty valid, and your reply with the newbie card feels pretty meh to me. Never say you dont know what to do because you are new, because thats just lynch bait. It doesnt mean you are scum, but it does mean that we can kill without losing much and thus gather more time to find real scum. It might be scary, but you need to stand up for what you think. It will benefit you if you are town, and it makes u credible as scum.

Votehopping isnt necessarily a bad thing, but mostly its a sign that you just want someone as a target to look like you are participating. Vote for someone and push until you are sure of that person's alignment, or until you are sure no real useful discussion will follow. U unvoted arak, but you couldve pushed. Hes nulltown in my eyes so far, but didnt completely convince me yet. If he had my vote, he'd still have it. Dont be scared of voting town until you are sure that the person you voted for is town.

I hope this helps a bit. Now, what do you think about alex?
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Sun May 29, 2016 3:23 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Ok thanks, now you gave us YOUR opinion, and that is what we need in this game ;) we cannot discuss facts, but we can discuss opinions, and those discussions bring more facts to form opinions on. Thats basically how this game works.

Yes, so far alex is null to me, but he is slightly leaning to town.
Uhh yeah ill wait for huntress and the others cuz there isnt much to discuss so far (i cant wait for the other replacements to drop in)
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #60 (isolation #6) » Sun May 29, 2016 4:00 am

Post by inspectorscout »

They wouldnt refuse to discuss it, but if they at least think a little, they also wont mention it until needed
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Mon May 30, 2016 6:52 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 62, SirCakez wrote: The questions do carry weight though, I'm awaiting a response from foxbird and am discussing with inspector.
I do not have any strong stances currently yes, but it is the third page. I'm still waiting to engage with most of the playerlist.
Discussing with me? well, I pretty much said what I wanted to say about that flail thing. I was slightly wrong though. I said it was a town move, but actually, considering he is a new player, he probably doesn't like to leave arguements unfinished because loose end could be dangerous. It's not really a town move; but I don't see the scumminess(is that even a word lol) in it either.
In post 68, arak-and-skhug wrote:If on the off chance that Inspector & Foxbird are the scumteam, that was a MAJESTIC bailout by the Inspector himself.
Wait is this like a compliment or... i dont get this lol

Yeah i dont have stuff to contribute on so i wont, but if you have any questions about my reads on ppl or smth make me do it xd
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #83 (isolation #8) » Tue May 31, 2016 12:01 am

Post by inspectorscout »

arak-and-skhug wrote:
In post 74, inspectorscout wrote:
In post 62, SirCakez wrote: The questions do carry weight though, I'm awaiting a response from foxbird and am discussing with inspector.
I do not have any strong stances currently yes, but it is the third page. I'm still waiting to engage with most of the playerlist.
Discussing with me? well, I pretty much said what I wanted to say about that flail thing. I was slightly wrong though. I said it was a town move, but actually, considering he is a new player, he probably doesn't like to leave arguements unfinished because loose end could be dangerous. It's not really a town move; but I don't see the scumminess(is that even a word lol) in it either.
In post 68, arak-and-skhug wrote:If on the off chance that Inspector & Foxbird are the scumteam, that was a MAJESTIC bailout by the Inspector himself.
Wait is this like a compliment or... i dont get this lol

Yeah i dont have stuff to contribute on so i wont, but if you have any questions about my reads on ppl or smth make me do it xd
All I'm saying is that your post really threw Foxbird a bone. You explained to her why she was being scumread, and guided her in a new direction. And now by following your advice she looks to me (and I believe to others) a lot more towny. For me it's too early to try to pick out an intact scumteam but this could have easily been scum coaching a partner. And if it was, you did a very good job because I seem to be the only one who picked up on it.
LOL if she was my scum partner i wouldve told her what to do in the scum chat, not here
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #84 (isolation #9) » Tue May 31, 2016 12:02 am

Post by inspectorscout »

fuk nvm i forgot scum chat is only at night here, where i learned the game scum could chat whenever they wanted
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #86 (isolation #10) » Tue May 31, 2016 12:58 am

Post by inspectorscout »

because i did my rvs vote away for some reason and im having troubles reading this game
but yah i should use my vote so
VOTE: Sircakez
cuz i still think he hopped on way too easily + his statement on that (ok last time i swear) flailing + gut + everyone else so far seems null or nulltown too (yes, cakez is null too, just a really small scum lean), i havent seen anything yet, no matter how often i read this forum
i know these are bad reasons but yah
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #92 (isolation #11) » Tue May 31, 2016 1:56 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 89, Charloux wrote:
In post 78, Wirt wrote: It does. At least, somewhat. I don't really see the scumread on Charloux as strongly as you do. The main point against him seems to be fluffing, but I argue that both him and Alex have done about as much in terms of effort (disregarding Char's last post). Speaking on quantity alone (and regarding RVS votes as not-content), by the time of your reads, 4 out of 9 of Char's were arguably fluff, while the numbers for Alex were 4 out of 8. In terms of content, I believe they break even more or less. first line and are what I consider Alex's content, with and being Charloux's.
This is new to me. Are you finding clues in fluff to useful posts ratio? It's more indicative personality-wise. I play this for fun and when i see somebody playing 100% Mechanically it just kills my motivation.
In post 83, inspectorscout wrote: LOL if she was my scum partner i wouldve told her what to do in the scum chat, not here
In post 84, inspectorscout wrote:fuk nvm i forgot scum chat is only at night here, where i learned the game scum could chat whenever they wanted
Since you negated your own defense :facepalm: , care to make a new answer?
In post 87, Foxbird wrote: You can treat this however you want. I scumread you for fluffing, not something scummy you said. I liked 's insights, but the questions you're asking do not provide much depth either. You haven't voted yet, so surely you are scumreading someone as well and have some questions for them?
This is interesting. I have finished a couple of games and i don't remember anybody using fluff as a scumtell; But now i see both you and Wirt use it.
@Huntress: Is it common for newbies to use fluff as a scum tell, or do you think i'm on to something?
lol no then i dont have a defense. I was just trying to help her out, but if thats so suspicous, ill ask the IC to do it next time.
arak-and-skhug wrote:Wait, Foxbird, you say Inspector posted while you were writing? It took you an hour and half to write that post?

And I'm sorry but how is Inspector one of the most diligent scum hunters?
Inspector who says he's having trouble reading this game, who admits he doesn't have much to contribute, who adds the disclaimer after his vote "i know these are bad reasons but yah"
All he's done was start that back and forth about flailing. And what's his opinion at the end of it? That's it's not really a town move but he doesn't see the scumminess in it either.

So Foxbird that's who you think is one of the most diligent scum hunters in the game? You, Charloux, and even Cakez have all contributed more then him, in my opinion.
This is now the second funny interaction between the two of you.
yeah you are right, i am not a diligent scum hunter rn lol, i asked some questions at the start and so far thats kinda it. But, dont say this is a funny interaction between us two. she posted it, i didnt say anything about that.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #94 (isolation #12) » Tue May 31, 2016 2:48 am

Post by inspectorscout »

uh yah i have some time so ill do some quick reads (i love to do those randomly because they are like dry wood in the oven of discussion)

arak: yeah since the start i have a slight town lean on him (that pointless flail discussion came after but well i guess we could say its neither scum nor town). His scumhunting on foxbird seems pretty honest (you have to be like genious to get that much out of 4 pages if you have to make that up) the last part of post 52 seems filler but oh well. However, i dont like his try to scumpair already, trust me, if she was my scumpartner i would make sure we wouldnt be seen as a scumpair, that would be just plain stupid. And if i use that logic, wirt would be a scumpartner too, because he mentioned that we 'mindmelded'. gonna say nulltown

foxbird: she doesnt seem to have an opinion herself and arak made some good points about that. However, ill give her a little newbie leniency for now, i remember that i was scared to have an opinion too. null

wirt: althought he came late to the party, he did some pretty nice stuff so far. Nulltown

sircakez: i still think his jump on is way too opportunistic, but seeing hes a SE he wouldnt be that stupid. But, his both scum reads are still arak and fox, which is pretty weird. so far he didnt give any opinion yet, he just quoted stuff and asked questions that seem more about other people's opinions + his stuff is full of 'maybe' 'i have a weak read' 'i highly doubt'. Nullscum

Alex: not enough posts on the more serious subjects so far. null

Charloux: you are SE yet you constantly ask huntress for her opinion. weird. Your earlier stuff is just fillers, too. Later on you kinda quote the whole thread which is totally not needed, seems like filling up. In both walls u wrote down, you still didnt say that much about what you think. nullscum

huntress: yah i dont have shit about her yet
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #104 (isolation #13) » Tue May 31, 2016 3:49 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 97, SirCakez wrote:I've already stated why I didn't specifically mention 52. I looked at it since you requested though and you raise good points on the votehopping. We both agree the hop to Wirt was bad.
I think I'll UNVOTE: you for now, your posting has improved a lot.

I looked at inspectorscout's ISO and I found some concerning stuff.
The progression from 39 to 50 makes little sense. He specifically says he has arak as nullscum in 39, yet in 50 he defends arak and gives a reason to townread him. The only post in between was an unvote of Foxbird. I don't see how he just got from nullscum to defending in 10 posts.
And then I don't like his readslist in 94
There's a lot of vague reasoning.
For example, his nulltownread on Wirt is summarized as "althought he came late to the party, he did some pretty nice stuff so far. Nulltown" which looks like a throwaway townread scum would make.

VOTE: inspectorscout
like, wtf. yes, i saw him as probable scum, hence nullscum. alex and fox both agreed with the fact that flailing isnt necessarily scummy and arak posted 45, which seemed like a pretty okay try to get information and discussion going.......all within those 10 posts. And basically, an unvote doesnt say much to me, thats not at all the reason i changed my opinion about him.
Why do i nulltownread Wirt: exactly that reason. He started off with not playing, which could be an act of lurking, denying early information about him. not using that as a scum/town tell tho, since its pretty likely he was just busy irl. but starting at page 3, he did post quite often and his posts seem to have town motive and enough reasoning behind them.
Now, if my list is so vague, can you please give me yours?
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #105 (isolation #14) » Tue May 31, 2016 3:51 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 100, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 55, inspectorscout wrote:@foxbird
Im not voting yet, but i do agree with arak. You are following instead of having your own opinion (lol bad example cuz im following arak too now)
His points are pretty valid, and your reply with the newbie card feels pretty meh to me. Never say you dont know what to do because you are new, because thats just lynch bait. It doesnt mean you are scum, but it does mean that we can kill without losing much and thus gather more time to find real scum. It might be scary, but you need to stand up for what you think. It will benefit you if you are town, and it makes u credible as scum.

Votehopping isnt necessarily a bad thing, but mostly its a sign that you just want someone as a target to look like you are participating. Vote for someone and push until you are sure of that person's alignment, or until you are sure no real useful discussion will follow. U unvoted arak, but you couldve pushed. Hes nulltown in my eyes so far, but didnt completely convince me yet. If he had my vote, he'd still have it. Dont be scared of voting town until you are sure that the person you voted for is town.

I hope this helps a bit. Now, what do you think about alex?
I'm getting mixed signals from this post. Would you say that you are scum reading Foxbird?
Not really, i think she was just newb so i gave some help
shes null on my list later on, when you get to it
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #113 (isolation #15) » Tue May 31, 2016 4:57 am

Post by inspectorscout »

I was replaced in too, sadly. and still, wirt was way later. you seem the one not paying close attention. and i did not defend a nullscum from being voted; my opinion changed already,a s explained in post 104.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #116 (isolation #16) » Tue May 31, 2016 5:46 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 72, Charloux wrote:In post 54, Huntress wrote:
More later today but for now:

Vote: Foxbird

Not that i oppose, but you might want to get back to this. I'm interested in your insight as a veteran.
And i didnt say your actions were scummy because you are SE, i just find it weird that you ask huntress, who is currently kinda v/la, about opinions, instead of other people
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #123 (isolation #17) » Tue May 31, 2016 6:08 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 119, Huntress wrote:
@ Inspector:
Re: : Were you just looking for that reaction from Foxbird, or from others too?

Pretty much only foxbird, but it wouldve been convenient if others did that oo...i shouldve waited before posting my unvote, you are right
Wirt wrote:With this new line of discussion around inspector, I decided to look over his ISO for anything that raised my eyebrows.

and , while perhaps not incredibly damning, bothers me. I also made the same wrongful assumption, but instead of mentioning daychat once Arak brought that coaching possibility up, I actually spent 15 seconds of my time to read the mod posts. And the timespan being so small...it reads to me as scum attempting to fake a townslip, but I can see an argument being made for it implicating townie. I'm bringing it up because I feel it's relevant, seeing as an inspector wagon is forming, maybe the voters (and the voted) could have something to declare as well.
yeah they were posted close after each other because i remembered it when i read my own post
In post 116, inspectorscout wrote:

Not that i oppose, but you might want to get back to this. I'm interested in your insight as a veteran.
And i didnt say your actions were scummy because you are SE, i just find it weird that you ask huntress, who is currently kinda v/la, about opinions, instead of other people
So, to you, weird = scummy? How so? And in that case, what makes questioning Huntress over anyone else present in the thread scummy? What makes it unthinkable to believe he's necessarily prodding Huntress because he's specifically trying to form a read around them, or simply gain advice?
Weird is not scummy. Weird is just weird. Also, I dont believe in people constantly asking others for 'advice'. it could just be trying to pull away attention or trying not to have to give reads

His "I'm lost, I don't know what to do" mindset this game is also upsetting, specially once you consider his post attempting to teach Foxbird how to approach the game.
why? im playing several other games at the moment and im just not feeling this one. That doesnt mean that i cant explain basic rules to someone

Have to go rn
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #131 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:52 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 124, arak-and-skhug wrote:Wirt my first thought was fake townslip too, it just seemed to obvious, but I'm going pretty much purely on gut for that one.

The thing I really don't like is this apathetic self deprication thing going on...it's not consistent, and mostly seems to crop up when Inspector is being criticized. His helping Foxbird wasn't just a throwaway answer about game mechanics, he guided her to improve her entire image. and in he forgets his "image" and calls out and corrects Cakez for not paying attention, Inspector is clearly focused enough on this game that he doesn't need to constantly claim otherwise

I still think Foxbird is scum but I'm going to go ahead and jump over here for now

If you actually are being genuine about half-assing this game maybe now you'll have motivation to play fully.
Actually i was wrong; Wirt posted only 7 hours after me. It seemed longer to me though. Then, since when is trying to help someone paying close attention to a game? And lol, im not that stupid. If i really wanted to make it look like a townslip, i would have not corrected myself at all, but i would have let you guys correct me on it, so thats just bs.
And why would a vote on me give me motivation (which i dont need, ill get to this game at my own pace) to play?

oh and, i assume this is a scumread. So, you scumread me for not paying close attention but still trying to make my points clear? Thats pretty meh, id even like a policy lynch more than that.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #135 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:28 am

Post by inspectorscout »

o wow im at L-2
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #157 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 144, Wirt wrote:See, that really doesn't help to lift my suspicions. "Derpclearing", AKA faking a townslip, is not something uncommon. In fact it's quite regular in other sites (e.g SC2), or at least I've heard elsewhere. What are you trying to say here? That you simply can't think too long over the posts you make? How did you have to post before reading what you typed, when you could've just previewed?
I dont preview stuff lol
In post 144, Wirt wrote:So weird is not scummy, got it. And yet... you consider the act scummy, regardless, despite just saying it is not, and use it to solidify your scumread. Which doesn't make sense- it's not scummy, or is it now?
Further, does this also mean expecting discussion development by asking questions (and thus abstaining from attempting to develop discussion from your own end) is necessarily scummy?
Weird is not scummy until you already think someone is scummy. Then it just makes your scumread stronger. I dont know how i can explain it otherwise.
No, asking questions is fine. Not giving your own opinions and asking others: "what do u think?", however, isnt. As i said, it looks like distraction to me.
In post 144, Wirt wrote:The read itself is kinda questionable as well. The passing comment about filler, I refer back to my comparison of both Alex and Charloux. The quoting part is kind of an stretch-- actually, if this is reason to scumread, Alex should be WORSE, seeing as he makes multiple posts instead of a single one, which you could argue is an attempt to boost ISO count (I'm not arguing this, for the record)-- again, not a lot of sense. The last part is...less questionable, actually. Do you think you can follow up on that and dissect 72?
I think it would be a waste of time, but sure. Ill do that later today
In post 144, Wirt wrote:It's more of like how you've been encouraging Foxbird to engage at their scumreads, but haven't done much of that yourself. The closest to that is 104.
Do note though, the "I'm in a lot of games!" card is about as worth as the "I'm a new player!" card.
Well i have both am i rich now?
seriously, if that bothers you...
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #178 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:32 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 172, arak-and-skhug wrote:Also, I might be stretching here, but Foxbird said something that I think actually might clear Inspector if Foxbird flips scum. I'll give a cookie to anyone else that caught it.
because she'll get SO lynched before me

ok 72 breakdown as asked:
In post 72, Charloux wrote:In post 50, inspectorscout wrote:
Wait what. Am i the only one that thinks this is an extremely convenient hop on?

This can go either way as far as i know; It does seem he is being oportunistic, but he has to have an entrance, no?
basically 'yeah but no'
In post 72, Charloux wrote:In post 50, inspectorscout wrote:
And arak saying that he didnt really flail is a rather town move; if he was scum he wouldve most likely tried to avoid discussion about that

That's NAI, since it isn't that hard to fabricate, but it's harder for those who are less experienced so i'm getting a town vibe from it.
I hate the word 'vibe' because it means absolutely nothing. basically 'yeah but no' too
In post 72, Charloux wrote:In post 51, Foxbird wrote:
I think votes, so early in the game - we're on page 2 after all - are mostly to put on a stick and prod people with to see what their reactions are. I am, for now, content with Arak's defense, so I'm poking my vote stick somewhere else to see what happens. As soon as there is enough info for me to have a more solid scumread, I will of course put my vote on a lynch that I think is promising. But for now, we might as well use all the tools we have available to get information, and I count my vote among those. The alternatives are to either not use it, which contradicts what I just explained, or to leave it on someone on whom I've got some info already, so it's unlikely to do much more than that at this stage.

Well this tactic seems fine to me, but i suggest you stick to people a bit more since we have more than enough time and the longer the questioning lasts, the more likely scum will make slips.
I like 52; I completely missed the synergy of Foxes previous posts. This should be remembered for later when we analyze everything.
advice+lets save this for future reference; no opinion. synergy is also something really empty; you can mean litteraly anything with it
In post 72, Charloux wrote:In post 53, Foxbird wrote:
It's hard not to agree with someone else's point if they are valid. Not much has happened in the game so far, and there has been little room for subtlety or reading between the lines, just by lack of content, so most people will be having the same train of thought. Yes, I am a cautious player, and after seeing someone else with more experience agree with my gut feelings, I found it prudent to point out that I feel the same as them. Reaching a consensus isn't necessarily "empty" or sheeping.

In post 53, Foxbird wrote:
How is this any better than my fluff? Neither provides any new content, but my fluff at least brightens the mood a bit.

In post 53, Foxbird wrote:
If I seem flippant, then I suppose I could seem that way. This is my first game, so there's not much certainty for me, and combined with the fact we're so early in the game and know next to nothing, it can lead to some spontaneous decisions. Shots in the dark, and such.

If i got a coin for every time someone played the newbie card... Regrettably it's usually NAI, but can be used for future reference.
Lets save for future reference + fact about the newbie card

why use so many words to ask 'why?'
In post 72, Charloux wrote:It's useless... my concentration can't keep up so i have to do a short version and will come back to something if there are any questions.
57 seems half-assed but i am in no position to complain about that.
58Do you think you could do a short review on Alex?
59The first part might be an indication of him not paying close attention to the game since Fox already explained that part; The second part seems ok.
60Don't be fooled, you can't put people in categories, they are unique. You can only say that scum often or rarely do something.
pretty much some facts here too
In post 72, Charloux wrote:In post 63, Wirt wrote:
Maybe I worded that improperly. The point is those questions don't sound particularly game-solvy, as in, I'm not precisely seeing where you're trying to get at with them. It's relatively easy to not commit yourself too much and coast along as scum by making open-ended questions, or ones that don't really achieve much as far as scumhunting or solidifying reads go. Also, saying "not making strong stances" is likely wrong and unfair from my part to ask from 3 pages; but you haven't made even weak stances insofar towards players other than the read on Arak, which you also haven't commented on since then.

I don't really think a lot of people even post something on page 3 to get a reaction they want, say page 25. It's impossible. Mafia isn't a game that is run by algoritam's; You have to improvise most of the time, no?
basically repeating what wirt said
In post 72, Charloux wrote:64 I am writing as i read through so i didn't see this before i wrote for 63. This is a good point.
'good point'....because that adds so much to the discussion
In post 72, Charloux wrote:In post 65, Foxbird wrote:
I expect Town players to dig for as much information as they can, since every bit can become important later on - worst case scenario for D1 (excluding a No-Lynch) is a mislynch. But even then, with the information gathered from all the interactions and votes and wagons and whatnot beforehand, it allows for a lot of ground to "properly" scumhunt on D2, since then you have a confirmed Town-flipped player to go off of. At least that's how I understand it.

Have you ever found yourself in front of a pile of papers and you don't know where to start from? Information is a good thing. Excess information is deadly. Please don't make this game longer than 50 pages
so isnt this like saying 'i dont want to do too much effort'
In post 72, Charloux wrote:In post 70, Foxbird wrote:
And a vote on my strongest scumread to finish this good morning post.
VOTE: Charloux

Do i treat this like all your other votes and brush it off with some little defending, or do you have some questions to go a bit indepth?
ok i can understand this
In post 72, Charloux wrote:In post 71, arak-and-skhug wrote:
Cakez, if you think Foxbird and I are both scum, why haven't you said one word about our interactions? If we're both scum then I'm blatantly and obviously bussing her and it's weird that you wouldn't mention that at all. Either you're witholding information or this is fabricated and you didn't think about it hard enough.

This will probably become relevant after we get some flips, everybody try to remember it.
'because future reference'

ok i hope thats good enough for you wirt, part 2 of the interview with scout featuring alex coming soon!
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #182 (isolation #22) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:46 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 165, Alexcellent wrote:@Inspector - following on from your reads list in 94, do you still feel that Cakez is scum? Has your nullscum read on Charloux changed? Do you have thoughts on Huntress now that she's had a few more posts?
1: yeah i still scumread cakez because
In post 97, SirCakez wrote:I looked at inspectorscout's ISO and I found some concerning stuff.
The progression from 39 to 50 makes little sense. He specifically says he has arak as nullscum in 39, yet in 50 he defends arak and gives a reason to townread him. The only post in between was an unvote of Foxbird. I don't see how he just got from nullscum to defending in 10 posts.
already explained that it was not a sudden progression

And then I don't like his readslist in 94
wow that reveals a lot

There's a lot of vague reasoning.
this even more

For example, his nulltownread on Wirt is summarized as "althought he came late to the party, he did some pretty nice stuff so far. Nulltown" which looks like a throwaway townread scum would make.
i pretty much explained this already too

arak pretty much fell out of suspicion, and because i posted a reads list that was off he jumped for these vague reasons. actually, i even said the read post was going to be off in the fucking post itself, its my way to see who jumps on easily.
In post 94, inspectorscout wrote:uh yah i have some time so ill do some quick reads (i love to do those randomly because they are like dry wood in the oven of discussion)
In post 112, SirCakez wrote:I'll do a readslist once Huntress and Adam contribute some stuff.
'I dont know shit to say but well i can delay it.' both have posted, so id love to see your reads list now.
In post 146, SirCakez wrote:In post 115, Foxbird wrote:
Perhaps my view on Inspector is biased because he helped me. I just feel like he's genuinely trying to be a good Townie and struggling a bit like I am, I guess? I'm not getting that vibe from Charloux or Cakez, so I suppose we just disagree there, Arak.

I think this could be a scumbuddy defending another. The way Fox describes Inspector sounds like trying to get him out of trouble without any real reason to be townreading him.
yeah bc buddying is really what people do lately. Im not that stupid to try and be best friends with my scumbuddy if i was scum.

2: as mentioned in my previous post, i still scumread charloux
3: slightly town, she asked some pretty good questions already. still waiting for a reads list with explaination
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #249 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:30 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

Ok first dont worry about my meta, you wont find any game where i was scum. I have never been scum. (This might or might not include my ongoing games on the site since im not allowed to talk about them)

Secondly, i have a good reason for not jumping on charloux wagon. An L-2 wagon was currently on me, if i had jumped to charloux it would just seem opportunistic and scummy. Plus, i found her scummy, but i did not hace enough to go and lynch her.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #250 (isolation #24) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

Btw is mod dead? Its been twilight for ages already
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #253 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:18 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

So like, the train was going there anyway, and as i said before, i wasnt aaaaaaaaa sure. If she didnt selfhammer i might have asked for a claim with intent to hammer, but i wouldnt have hammered unless the claim was terrible
Even so, i was leading cakez wagon and it still seems viable to me
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #254 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 251, arak-and-skhug wrote:Fear of looking scummy/opportunistic is only a good reason not to do something if you're scum. town should vote for whoever they want with the purpose to lynch scum. If you think someone is scum and you don't vote them, that's not pro-town. Even if casting that vote will make people suspicious of you, it's scummy not to do it. If you're town, doing something to advance your win condition that still might get you lynched is no big deal. If you're scum, it obviously is.

Inspector is at the top of my scum list going into Day 2.
Oh and you mean, whatever i did, i would be fucked anyway? If ur not 100% sure and someone is at L-2, you are suspected, L-2 too, and you believe someone else is a better lynch than that first person, would you jump on? Instead of just attacking me on why i do, try to figure out why i do so.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #266 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:29 am

Post by inspectorscout »

+ a jailkeeper is pretty much dead if he claims, I dont think thats a wise decision
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #296 (isolation #28) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:55 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 284, arak-and-skhug wrote:Yeah but I've seen Alex online once or twice, he wouldn't miss submitting a nightkill. You're continuing to look at everybody but Inspector and suggest very unlikely theories while avoiding the occam's razor of the simplest solution of what's really going on. Try to be more perceptive
So you are basically requesting tunneling on me.

I have been inactive lately, yes, but it was not waiting for someone to defend me. I just know that whatever I say will be used by you to backfire me. Ever since this game started you have been actively adjusting evidence to prove your points. You thought Fox was scum, so me helping her immediately made me her possible scum buddy. A while later, wirt gave her some good advice, and you even suggested her to follow it, but closed the post off with a sarcastic 'or hes ur scum buddy!' That is not proving things, it is adjusting evidence. Since the start you were suspicious, but somehow that wagon completely disappeared, which was already weird. And you may have not noticed it, but look back at your ISO; you've been tunneling me pretty much.

this might be a bit too much tone stuff, but try to read this as being char scumbuddy:
In post 223, arak-and-skhug wrote:Seriously? You're gonna self-hammer?
It makes perfect sense.
In post 223, arak-and-skhug wrote: I have a feeling we're all going to say Inspector, it was the obvious choice. I have a feeling Inspector was the most like candidate to have gotten targetted by a cop or JK and if that's true it basically means if we have a cop he's most likely town and if we have a JK he's most likely scum..
you wat? even IF we have a jailkeeper, and even IF he/she targeted me, why would that make me scum? JK is also used as doctor, and there are few (but there are) some people that do believe that i am town. And tbh, in this game, as a jailkeeper i wouldve targeted alex or fox, since they are both dubious; if they are town they would be the perfect target, if they are scum there wouldnt be a nightkill - like now. (ofc there is BP townie but thats not what this discussion was about soooo)

yes, I am going to vote, too. VOTE: Arak
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #303 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:35 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 301, Foxbird wrote:
In post 296, inspectorscout wrote:And tbh, in this game, as a jailkeeper i wouldve targeted alex or fox, since they are both dubious; if they are town they would be the perfect target, if they are scum there wouldnt be a nightkill - like now.
Why Alex? I just checked over your ISO quick and you barely mention him at all. Are you scumreading him? Since when?
If i do night actions, I never base them off my own reads: i base them off the most common read, which right now is with you and him being both dubious cases.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #305 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:36 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 301, Foxbird wrote:It's just so... non-committal. He quotes the post and most of his comments aren't really comments, they're summaries. The questions he asks aren't very critical and reference things that can be read as rather neutral, like using too many words to say something or not wanting to put in effort to read 50+ pages. After his analysis, he doesn't follow up with how the post influenced his read (he doesn't even go back to his read at all), he just quickly goes on to say he's going to focus on someone/something else now. I don't like it.
I didnt because i didnt even want to breakdown that post. it was useless, and i said before that it was useless, but i was asked to do so, so i did it.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #310 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:48 am

Post by inspectorscout »

:facepalm: it isnt about votes, its about scumreads/townreads, i read through stuff on the previous pages and the only people that arent really seen as scum or town/people that have been changing throughout are you, cakez and alex. for personal motives i would never protect cakez, so that leaves you and alex. everything clear now?
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #313 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:08 am

Post by inspectorscout »

lol i said it was useless because I already said that it had nothing in it before. I said that it was just filler without having any stuff in it, yet you asked me to break it down. What did you expect? Im sorry but i cant write whole pages about a post that already contains nothing.

Oh and foxbird; didnt you say yourself that it looked half-assed BECAUSE of the source material? so why get back to that again now?
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #318 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:14 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 314, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 310, inspectorscout wrote:for personal motives i would never protect cakez, so that leaves you and alex. everything clear now?
Uh, no. What does that mean? ^ What "personal motives"?
I wouldnt use jailkeeper to protect him cuz i still have a nullscum read on him.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #319 (isolation #34) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:15 am

Post by inspectorscout »

but looking at it from the RB side of jailkeeper, yeah hes as much a target at the other two, thats true
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #320 (isolation #35) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:18 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 317, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 313, inspectorscout wrote:lol i said it was useless because I already said that it had nothing in it before. I said that it was just filler without having any stuff in it, yet you asked me to break it down. What did you expect? Im sorry but i cant write whole pages about a post that already contains nothing.
Except that the fact that it contained nothing, if true, is salient in itself. Breaking it down and showing that each section is just fluff isn't "useless", it helps build a case on Charl who, of course, actually was scum.

And it wasn't me who requested the breakdown. It was Cakes, from memory...
ok sorry then it was cakez, but that doesnt change anything. If i say it is full of fluff, you can see that for yourself without making me break it down completely and then say it was half-assed because charloux would be my scumbuddy. thats just bullshit. how would you have broken it down if you were me? at that time i had other stuff to worry about than some breakdown about a wall post that i already disliked because of the emptiness
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #324 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:35 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 322, arak-and-skhug wrote:^what other stuff were you worried about?
I dont know...maybe, JUST MAYBE a wagon on me was forming and i was busy defending myself against those crappy arguments?
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #326 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:52 am

Post by inspectorscout »

WHAT?! ok this is bullshit. i didnt hide anything, i just didnt know (and i still dont) why breaking down that post was useful. I cba to do that because i didnt think it would be valuable to town. it could be valuable to scum since its just asking me to spread mist and it wasted my time.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #335 (isolation #38) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:18 am

Post by inspectorscout »

uhh, arak, you forgot 1 slight detail: if jailkeeper jails the kill target, the target wont be killed either.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #338 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:52 am

Post by inspectorscout »

I agree with huntress, scum gets way too much info when everyone reveals who he would have targeted. I dont know who said that they would have targeted me, though. Arak, could you link those posts?

Sircakez: Im still waiting for your readlist.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #340 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:11 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 339, SirCakez wrote:What are these personal motives?
I already answered that question before. read. thanks.
In post 318, inspectorscout wrote:
In post 314, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 310, inspectorscout wrote:for personal motives i would never protect cakez, so that leaves you and alex. everything clear now?
Uh, no. What does that mean? ^ What "personal motives"?
I wouldnt use jailkeeper to protect him cuz i still have a nullscum read on him.
In post 319, inspectorscout wrote:but looking at it from the RB side of jailkeeper, yeah hes as much a target at the other two, thats true
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #349 (isolation #41) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:53 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Holy shit those walls nice
In post 346, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 337, Huntress wrote:
@ Alex:
What did you dislike about Inspector's ?
I didn't like his "wtf" reaction to being voted and the instant demand for Cakez's reads. Overall though, I just didn't like it more for gut reasons.
That wtf reaction was not about being voted, it was about people complaining that i changed my read in 10 posts, and I already explained why before. If you call my reads list bad, I'll always ask for yours to see why exactly it is off, and to see if you really do have opinions instead of just shitting around. For those gut reasons, I can't do anything about that, I guess.

nice wall, but i dont feel like joining you on that. I agree that his D2 so far is dissapointing, but his D1 play was really strong. It would be a terrible tactic to play weaker after D1, especially if you are pretty much regarded town by everyone at the end of that day. If he really was scum, he couldve easily attacked me or arak in the past few pages and get away with it because people believe in him.

Sircakes...i still see him as a little bit scummy, but hes doing better lately. I actually do understand his scum read on me; I made rather impulsive posts and he noticed that. However, stuff like "he makes fluff posts like 135" is not a valid comment since it was pretty much my only post like that, and it wasnt even fluff. its my way of saying: "ok go ahead if you are so sure of yourself". Defensiveness; yes, I played rather defensive, but that was because 2/3 people were constantly tryin to get me lynched. Meanwhile, i have done some 'offensive' posting too, for the record.

I would still be satisfied with an arak lynch today, though. I still dont get his logic "you must be scum because everyone said they would have targeted you", i looked back and i didnt see anyone say that (correct me if im wrong, but i am pretty sure nobody did)
his jailkeeper stuff is rather weird too, as well as his extreme focus on me. He has been tunneling me ever since this game started, and only mentioned - now- townread people as scum
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #379 (isolation #42) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:09 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Same story, this game is really inactive, and it doesnt seem scum reads are going to change. So lets bring some madness. Some people think arak is scum, some think i am scum (and wagon on chip is starting but i dont think thats a good wagon at all)
There is 7 town left, only 1 scum. This discussion does not seem go anywhere, so i propose the following: we lynch both. Today you lynch one of us, tomorrow the other. The game will be at least a 3/1 game if neither of us is scum (even tho i think arak is scum), and then you can still do ur shit (preferably lynch cakez). Im not afraid of being lynched, we have numbers, so arak, do you feel the same? 1 sacrifice for a town win?
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #381 (isolation #43) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:14 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Wow we finally agree on something
Sure let them decide, gonna be useful info on both of them
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #419 (isolation #44) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:44 am

Post by inspectorscout »

...because i have exams and it hasnt even been a day since my last post? Geez, gimme a sec, ill catch up
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #422 (isolation #45) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:18 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 403, arak-and-skhug wrote:I'm allowed to think multiple people are scum even if there's only one scum left. And I'm allowed to not be sure if lynching the person I want will end the day. I "agreed" to Inspector's plan knowing it would drum up discussion and shoot some energy into this group, which is something the town desperately needs. Of course it would be stupid as town for us to set our next two lynches in stone. Anything can happen and a successful town is a reactive town. Inspector's intentions were to get things moving and he obviously succeeded in that. And suddenly I'm thinking I was maybe mistaken for tunneling him so long.
100% this. This town needed more discussion so i made that 'gladiation' or whatever you like to call it. Arak couldnt refuse without making himself look really scum to everyone, so i was sure of discussion. Note: that doesnt change the fact im still up for that. Its not WIFOM at all, if i try to avoid being lynched if arak gets killed first, i look like scum. IF he gets killed first. And as arak stated, its not some contract. If people react scummy to this, no reason to not delay our honeymoon xd

@foxbird: thefuck? So, you think im either retarded scum or weird town? I never stated that i want to abandon the lynch4lynch, there is only 1 scum left and if that was me charloux would be choking me right now lol. There is no wifom involved in getting yourself lynched at all. You say im most likely town because of that post, but then post me all the way down in your scum reads. What is the reasoning behind that?

Ive been looking at stuff now and arak seems really calm and controlled. That alone could be town, but it could also be scummy because it could stop the lynch thing from happening. NAI, i guess. Still, cakez is exceeding him again, and with foxbirds later posts im not sure either. Basically because agreeing so easily on wifom - lol - and that read thing i mentioned be4. Gonna keep my vote on arak for the sake of our deal for now, but i might as well change to cakez/fox if things stay like this.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #425 (isolation #46) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:40 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Lol rip not that part, the part about me wanting to blow discussion into this previously idle shit. Shouldve made that clear, my apologies
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #430 (isolation #47) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:05 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 427, Foxbird wrote:
In post 422, inspectorscout wrote: @foxbird: thefuck? So, you think im either retarded scum or weird town? I never stated that i want to abandon the lynch4lynch, there is only 1 scum left and if that was me charloux would be choking me right now lol. There is no wifom involved in getting yourself lynched at all. You say im most likely town because of that post, but then post me all the way down in your scum reads. What is the reasoning behind that?

Ive been looking at stuff now and arak seems really calm and controlled. That alone could be town, but it could also be scummy because it could stop the lynch thing from happening. NAI, i guess. Still, cakez is exceeding him again, and with foxbirds later posts im not sure either. Basically because agreeing so easily on wifom - lol - and that read thing i mentioned be4. Gonna keep my vote on arak for the sake of our deal for now, but i might as well change to cakez/fox if things stay like this.
I don't really see a problem with saying "this is a towny move, so it'd be a big scum gamble".
Just because you didn't say outright you wanted to abandon the plan doesn't mean that there wasn't a possibility that,
because
of the implications, it would get dropped again by the rest of the players. In fact, you saying you wanted to get the discussion going again actually plays into that somewhat.

You're at the bottom of the list because one thing you do doesn't change my entire read around right away. I actually considered unvoting, but my vote being there is part of your deal with Arak anyway, isn't it? I specifically listed who I'd agree on lynching, I didn't say those were just scummy players. If it comes down to your deal/gladiation, I'd wanna lynch you first, yes. That's mostly why you're there. And if you're set on your deal, the vote there shouldn't matter in the first place.

And about the "agreeing on WIFOM"... that's kind of what this entire game is built around. If actions could so easily be judged as "100% town" or "100% scum", there wouldn't be much of a point in playing Mafia. There's WIFOM in almost everything,
including
being seemingly okay with being lynched.
Sure, keep your vote, i never said you should unvote. However, there is a post up there that says what i want to say, just worded a lot better. Its not wifom, its completely retarded, mentally challenged scum or reckless townie. Up to you to choose one. If you believe im the first, keep your vote, because thats basically what i asked. If you believe im the other option, you can keep your vote too, because I ASKED for this. I dont see any wifom at all. By saying its wifom, you can as well say ''i dont want to see this, lets keep being idle.'' Last thing: i have no control about what other players do. I thought theyd be up for the plan, tbh. Im not a mind controlling genius that somehow gets everyone to back away from the plan, thats just not within my reach.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #435 (isolation #48) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:45 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Nice, by posting that scum can easily avoid your thinking and not NK anyone, and there is still a chance of the jailkeeper dying, no matter how small. Also, if previous night was a bulletproof, its a 1-shot BP so technically you shouldnt count on him either.

...and thats assuming we have a jailkeeper. If we have a cop, id suggest cakez/arak/fox/(me) as a target. You cant be roleblocked anymore, anyway. Doc should know who to protect, but im not going to say who cuz of the same reason as above.

This stuff is pretty much useless right now, though. Setup spec is pretty much worthless in these setups when there is no claim.
And with that said, ill get some more fire in this game. If we dont get the right person killed today, lets mass claim tomorrow. Scum can fakeclaim PR or VT. If he claims a PR, lynch both and 1 of them is scum. Ez win. If he claims VT (which is most likely) we are at 4 vt claims and 2 pr that are conf town. The pr's can even cross claim to make scum lose yet another day. Or dont. Lets not tell scum. That gives 3 vt 1 pr if we have bad luck. No lynch and then lylo with 1 conf town after is the worst possible scenario, but if the jailkeeper/cop does his stuff right that shouldnt happen.

Chip: could i kindly ask for a reads list? Not my iso (i didnt expect u to look at every single post kek, but thanks for finally starting it. What is your opinion on me after that analysis?), but on everyone. That might get you out of the shit you are in rn, because i do believe you are town.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #443 (isolation #49) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:27 am

Post by inspectorscout »

DISCLAIMER: This does not have anything to do with this game - just personal talk to fox.

What? Why? You deserve to play, just as much as we do. This is a newbie game after all; most of us are here to learn, and so can you. Anxiety? Im anxious about making moves too. You dont know how much stress i have when playing this game, afraid to make a move that destroys all town credibility i have...but thats what this game is all about! You have been useful most of the time, you really shouldnt worry about that. If you are really anxious, just write down what you really think and tweak afterwards; this is forum based, nobody sees how much time you spend posting something.

I hope this changed your mind but if it didnt; im sure ill meet you in another game someday!

Pedit yay im not the only one saying this
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #446 (isolation #50) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:00 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Guys pshh pshh its sad that fox cecided to leave but that doesnt mean we should just wait

Ehh..yah my lynch4lynch isnt coming along as i wanted, if anyone is still up for that, go for it, but for now imma help wirt with his cakez wagon for previously mentioned reasoning. Hes my scumread alongside arak (no theyre not both scum i know but i have the feeling 1 of them is (or fox but meh for now)) so lets go!

VOTE: Cakez
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #489 (isolation #51) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:20 am

Post by inspectorscout »

ok i have exams ill catch up tomorrow, sorry guys!

ps join me on cakez, hes worth lynching
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #501 (isolation #52) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:37 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

ok ill try
holy shit a lot happened

fox replacement seems town, but it's actually NAI. when you look at statistics, someone in a newbie game is most likely to replace out as scum, but i think i - like everyone does, i dont know why it has to be mentioned again by cakez - she is town anyway

before this discussions keeps going: I made a trap for arak. HE COULD NOT REFUSE. If he said 'no' I could've easily said "you don't want to because you are scum.", if he tried to crawl out the day after he would be regarded as scum, if he said "don't sacrifice yourself" see case 1. I did this because back then, he was my biggest scumread, and yes, this town needed discussion. He is still in my scumreads, but for now Cakez is worse. You can decide if it's town or scum motivation, my proposal is still valid, I still want to kill Cakez or arak.
In post 464, SirCakez wrote:Active and engaged is a towntell though, especially for newer players. It would be much harder to do as scum.
I don't think that's AI of anything.
you what. Active and engaged is also easy for noob scum, and even likely. They are scum and they most likely want to cover up anything, just to get a townread. not that town shouldnt be active, and town can also be active. as huntress said, its NAI.

I dont know what to think about the whole fishing thing. I'd ask 'why not him first' too, tbh.

In post 500, Cariad_Kobold wrote: So far I got this figured out. Ill get the details once I finishing wearing my control key out.

Town to Scum -

Town

Cariad Kobold

inspector- Share some of his views. He seem genuine and all. His post directing the PR to cover him doesn't sit well. However, as a scum I would see that as painting a target on you.
i don't understand this point, tbh. I said that the jailkeeper
should
(or maybe not, thats up to the jailkeeper if we have one) target one of the scumspects (and i was in that group when i posted) to use the roleblocking part of his role, other than his doctor part. If there is no nightkill that night, we have a 1/3 chance his target really was scum, and 33% is always better than 0%, I guess.

I'm still going for cakez, hes been lying pretty low lately, and he isnt really contributing, hes just defending himself.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #502 (isolation #53) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

ok i messed up cariad's quote but i commented on his read on me
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #516 (isolation #54) » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:53 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 513, Alexcellent wrote:I don't follow your scum read on Fox's slot, can you explain it? I might've missed something
It's not a scumread really. A bit before, I said that the odds of newb mafia replacing out are way higher than town replacing out, but I kinda believed her being town, so that's why I said 'meh', meaning I could agree with a lynch on her more than on chip or you.

buuuut that doesn't really matter, I want cariad to do more stuff and I hope I can get a better read on that guy.

my reads are pretty much the same as cakez, except im not on mine (lol), cakez is at the bottom, alex and cariad are switched and wirt is with cariad
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #546 (isolation #55) » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:47 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Meta is shit to me but I don't need that meta to convince me that cakez is scum. Lynch him already and we can go home.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #599 (isolation #56) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:00 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In that case

Arak would be retarded scum if he claimed jk now
Did u really jail me? Wow
VOTE: chip

Lets see your defense. Arak has made a lot of posts that really made me doubt about you lately, but this is convenient i guess.

L-1! WAIT FOR CLAIM!!!
Proceed with caution! But proceed nonetheless.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #602 (isolation #57) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:40 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Okay, but what is your defense against araks points of you attacking him as a JK?

Oh and, if everyone's reads are so extremely dependant on my flip, please, go ahead and lynch me. If it solves a thousand mysteries for you, I have no problems with that. Just saying that you should do that today instead of lynching chip. It might be too late after a possible NK tomorrow
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #642 (isolation #58) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:56 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Arak is left out because, if he was the NK-target, he would have been dead already. That's why.
Huntress said what I wanted to say; why would the roleblocker of the team sacrifice himself?

Also, chip: what's up with all your AtE? Your 'mission' is not to convince us that you are town, that is scum's mission; your mission is to be town. Assuming arak didn't fakeclaim (and I think he isn't) you aren't even a power role. (Because I know that I'm town, so most likely the BP took the hit and is no longer a BP) Why try to get me down anyhow?

Oh and arak, if you jail the right person, we have 2 conf townies, not going to say who since wifom though.

Pedit: dammit huntress
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #643 (isolation #59) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:58 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Uh i mean chip lol
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #649 (isolation #60) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:59 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 644, Huntress wrote:
In post 642, inspectorscout wrote:Oh and arak, if you jail the right person, we have 2 conf townies, not going to say who since wifom though.
No, because we wouldn't know which night the BP was targeted. Unless you mean something else?
Yes, but I'll reveal D3. I cant tell now cuz wifom.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #650 (isolation #61) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:09 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Well, nvm. Arak probably doesn't get what I mean so it's best when he jails me instead of one of the 7 other possibilities.

I wanted to ask cakez ''why wirt'' but hes v/la so lol
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #664 (isolation #62) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

Well wirt, that's all nice and stuff but we have a day left to lynch. Are you going to ITH? (Not saying we should rush but we should get stuff done anyway)
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #691 (isolation #63) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:57 am

Post by inspectorscout »

As if discussing this helps; even if there was a chance of 1/10000 of hitting the bp, it can still happen. I have maths exam tomorrow so spare me, please.

In the low chance that arak flips town:
I have been thinking about arak and who to jailkeep:
Jk's me, he dies, im conf town for a day, i die.
Jk's me, scum doesnt submit, i get lynched, he dies
Jk's nobody, scum thinks he jk'd me and doesnt submit a kill, 2 conf townies, arak dies, i die
Jk's random person, might be scum, no nk, lynch who?, arak dies
Jk's random person, doesnt submit, no nk, lynch who?, arak dies

So, is jk'ing me really the best option? Maybe. I hope this creates enough wifom for scum (if it isnt chip) to get real results out of tonight, must we get there. Arak dont say what you will do, just do whatever feels right. If you survive, you have a lot to tell us.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #741 (isolation #64) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:14 am

Post by inspectorscout »

I hope that still counts, since it was after the deadline(?)
I'm sorry chip, but lately i have been scumreading you. you have been focusing on stuff like odds and other crap like that and i dont blame you; arak and wirt kinda lead you to that, but your replies to it were really scummy.

If chip isnt scum somehow: good luck town tonight, i hope we dont lose arak.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #743 (isolation #65) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:27 am

Post by inspectorscout »

ok then i didnt say anything
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #755 (isolation #66) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:41 am

Post by inspectorscout »

okay that was unexpected

this brings me to cakez and cariad as possible scumspects, maybe someone else but not gonna say it right now

buuuut i dont think i will get away with this that easily... since there isnt a nightkill i have to kindly ask arak to reveal who he jailed

if he understood what i meant he should have jailed nobody because there would be a wannabe smart maf not killing anyone to achieve a free lynch on me and basically town credit for pushing it; that would create me as a conf townie next to arak and huntress which would be really useful
but...i guess he probably did jail me because it seemed the best option lol (and it is, if you look at it from everywhere but my perspective)
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #758 (isolation #67) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:08 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

both of you are slight townreads of me. thats why i said ''this brings ME to ..."

i dunno you guys seemed to like odds and stuff like that.
(this is with me as simple plain townie)

arak jails me, maf doesnt submit nightkill, i get lynched, mafia nightkills arak
arak doesnt jail me, maf doesnt submit nightkill, im more or less confirmed, arak gets nightkilled
arak jails me, maf submits a nightkill, im cleared but arak would have died
arak doesnt jail me, maf submits a nightkill, im lynched, mafia nightkills arak
arak jails someone else for some reason, could be scum, WIFOM

note that the last 3 didnt happen lol. this is what i tried to tell arak the day before and i was pretty obvious if i may say so lol
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #762 (isolation #68) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:11 am

Post by inspectorscout »

well then
if that is what should be done, go for it. its only fair.

meanwhile i want to say: try to get more stuff about cakez, cariad and alex

best of luck town!
VOTE: Inspectorscout
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #763 (isolation #69) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:12 am

Post by inspectorscout »

im at L-1

i claim vanilla townie btw
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #764 (isolation #70) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:13 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 754, SirCakez wrote:That Chip lynch was so stupid
Let's hear from arak
because this is basically saying 'im town and you are stupid lets get to my lynches'
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #766 (isolation #71) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:52 am

Post by inspectorscout »

What do i have to gain as scum by voting myself?
My lynch is inevitable, as town its the only logical option. why wouldnt i then?
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #767 (isolation #72) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:56 am

Post by inspectorscout »

oh and from my perspective, scum DID NOT submit a nightkill because it wins them time
if they dont nightkill i get lynched and arak dies the night after
as opposed to nightkilling arak and having me as conf townie the day after

FoS: Alex
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #770 (isolation #73) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:33 am

Post by inspectorscout »

UNVOTE: inspectorscout

out of all people i dont want you to hammer
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #772 (isolation #74) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:37 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 768, Alexcellent wrote:Arak is already conf town. So you're basically saying that scum would prefer to keep the confirmed town JK around for another day (and thus risk getting jailed), as opposed to a confirmed town VT? I also love the casual FoS on me while you're voting for yourself
yes just

Night: no kill
Day: lynch scout
Night: kill arak

End: 2 town dead, huntress conf town

Night: kill arak
Day: scout and huntress are conf town, hunt goes on with 2 conf out of 6

and if you dont like the casual FoS

VOTE: Alex

i hope you realize i dont care about looking scummy anymore; i got framed by maf and i couldnt do anything against it.

PEDIT oh its not survivalism, i just dont want you to hammer me. everyone but you.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #774 (isolation #75) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:38 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Personal motives. why do you care lmao
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #778 (isolation #76) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:43 am

Post by inspectorscout »

I think the first no kill is because they hit you, and the second is scum trying to be smart. the extra lynch that we get is me, so thats definitely a benefit.

and uh, you can lynch me, from your perspective its the best choice so dw. as long as cakez doesnt hammer.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #784 (isolation #77) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:49 am

Post by inspectorscout »

You can hammer but first

Scum only didnt nightkill tonight. They will kill arak tonight, after my lynch. Net, they gained on this

But w/e it is none of my business
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #791 (isolation #78) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:58 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

It's only logical that you lynch me.

You should however announce who to jail; if you get killed, we need to know who is safe. Scum can hide behind your jailees, but they cant keep hiding. If you keep lynching jailees you should be right before lylo.

I love being able to write what I want without changing any opinions about me because im getting lynched anyway. Why so? I can clearly see who is really scummy and who not. Cakez' push on me is just too extreme and he keeps positioning him for other lynches; ''chip is going to be town you suck'', ''dont lynch cariad hes town go kill scout'', ...
Alex had me in his townreads and suddenly he decided there is no way that i can be town. Well, sadly i am, my flip will prove that. So those other scenarios DID happen, and trying to be blind for them is either newb or scummy; i dont think alex is that noob at all.

Well i dont have anything else to add anymore, i guess

Good luck town!
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #804 (isolation #79) » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

Yes. I do.

Jail alex instead of cakez, will you?
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #808 (isolation #80) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:07 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Lol no, you should scumread me. There is something looking like hard evidence against me so I don't blame you.

I do blame you for suddenly flipping your reads - somehow I can't be town in your eyes anymore, while I've made clear that there is that possibility many times already. You shut out any other options and seemingly go 'ok kek ez game lynch him' and I find that scummy.

Eventually, it's arak's choice. I wanted to see alex' reaction on me asking to jail him but it was nothing bad; I was stupid expecting something else lol

So arak, jail one of those, tell us who.

Good luck town, I'll see ya at the end!
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #933 (isolation #81) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

Well played, everyone!

Once I knew for sure that it was cakez, his strategy of getting me mislynched was pretty good play. Gratz for that.
Secondly, yes, I'd love to see more actual discussion than nightkill/odds/nigh actions analysis. How small the odds might be, they are possible. I think cakez proved that he didn't play suboptimal at all, and that is because odds count random lynches/night actions, which didn't really happen at all.
@Alex: your tunnel on me based on the 'evidence' made you look so scummy imo, especially after I gave a reasonable explaination of why it could be wrong. From your point of view, it was of course a lot harder to see that; you didn't know I had my VT role pm :lol:

Congratz town for winning, congratz cakez for killing so many people without any nightkills, and still surviving until D5, all on your own!
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #934 (isolation #82) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by inspectorscout »

Newbie queue tells me this game ended in a mafia win...might want to request to change that lmao

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”