Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #219 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:23 am

Post by Klick »

Mastina, I take it you don't consider RC to be a particularly strong Mafia player?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #221 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:35 am

Post by Klick »

I'm looking after a baby and skimming this and have no thoughts from my team yet, but I'm pretty happy with Bitmap so far. I feel like huto has given enough to get a read on him but I'm gonna need to focus more before I feel confident there. First impulse is that he's trying too hard too soon, but I don't necessarily think that's a tell.

VOTE: Shadow
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #222 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:39 am

Post by Klick »

Oh and Mastina was town too until she said I was a weak link.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #225 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Klick »

Yes
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #227 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Klick »

At the very least it's a pressure vote to some degree.
I definitely want to get her in here and start talking to her.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #230 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Klick »

Good to see you here again, it's been ages :D I think I quit playing Mafia right around the time you stopped being around here?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #234 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Klick »

So mastina, who is the scum,
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #238 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:16 am

Post by Klick »

In post 193, mastina wrote:
In post 190, Menalque wrote:Can we win
Easy win: don't fucking lynch one of the best damn players in the game who is one of your key power roles. :P
I'm just confused about this being something you consider posting while also making this push, considering your respect for RC's play:
In post 165, mastina wrote:AlsoVOTE: Bitmap.
This is rc coaching a scumbuddy on how to play scum. :]
In post 191, mastina wrote:
In post 170, Bitmap wrote:mastina, trying to lynch my hydra out of the game on D1 is very pro-scum.
Sorry but fearmongering off of RC's scumhunting prowess in a game that is this stacked with talented players isn't something which will keep me from pursuing scumreads.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #248 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Klick »

Shadow come solve this game with your favorite kawaii pink blob <(^-^)>
Right now I think you could pretty easily be scum but I'd totally be willing to ignore that if you went scumhunting with me!

How much have you read?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #258 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Klick »

In post 252, mastina wrote:Because both you and hito are missing context; Menalque understands what I was referring to and given that I was speaking to Mena, I had no need to clarify because the intended recipient of my message understands without such a need.
I don't see how this addresses the apparent inconsistency? Maybe it wasn't clear enough.

Mastina: 'Don't vote out one of the best players in this game'
Also Mastina: 'I have a ton of respect for RC as a player'
Also Mastina: 'We should vote RC's teammate Day 1'
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #263 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Klick »

In post 251, Shadoweh wrote:No you don't Klick, I've hardly posted enough to be anything. ヾ(=^・ェ・^)ヾ(^^ ) Stop being a dorky baka, I'm fairly confident you're town. I generally read the thread before posting but it didn't seem important enough to go back.

You know, my style has never been to pick people and hard attack them, I prefer finding townies and voting people that aren't as high on the list. Maybe that kind of thing's gone out of style but if you're looking for me to hard scum read someone I don't really do that unless I'm really sure about it. My question to Kerset is serious tbh because its one of the weirdest feelings I've ever had after someone posted at me.
To be specific, I feel like there's a decent chance your teammates told you to come post last night so that you'd have some content out there and look good (as opposed to going and finding the scums). That's what's pinged me early about you.

Sorry, by 'scumhunting' I just meant solving in general. My style is usually townhunting too tbf. I just want to see some Shadow thoughts because you're someone I'd feel comfortable and confident chatting things out with.
So I also want to see your townreads! But like, yours specifically, your team is nice and all but I want to know what you think. You're reading me as town - who else?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #398 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:30 am

Post by Klick »

In post 312, hitogoroshi wrote:mastina 239 seems like a pretty genuine reads list, don't think scum makes a point out of doing a big reads list this early when half the entries are gonna be "I got nothin' chief'.
This is a weird take. I can't see it, and I can't see how someone else would genuinely see it.
This game has had plenty of content - there's enough out there for some sort of read on most of this cast. And Mastina doesn't strike me as someone who would avoid content as scum, or someone who would give off that impression.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #406 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:28 am

Post by Klick »

In post 342, Alisae wrote:I don't think those posts are town indicative.
In fact, I feel like thats the sort of pressure thats applied by scum with the mindset of "how can I make this person look like an idiot as much as possible."
Why would there be any need to make mastina look bad? The general opinion of her in this thread is already negative. That wouldn't serve any purpose.

For what it's worth, I don't think mastina is scum
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #407 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Klick »

In post 357, Menalque wrote:I think I'm fairly strong on Ali!town bc I feel the same way about klick atm,
I don't think my content has been different from the two games we've played together, so I'm confused by this take.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #409 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:07 am

Post by Klick »

In post 320, Shadoweh wrote:I think mastina is jakkan obsessed with catching scum you more then actually seeing scum you,
I've come around to this, yeah. :P

UNVOTE:
Bella still thinks you're scummy but I like your posts from last night. Ceph seems fine with you too.

TOWN
Bitmap
Shadow
Chemist
mastina
ofrhz

NOT WORRYING ABOUT YOU RIGHT NOW BECAUSE MY TEAM SAYS TO WAIT UNTIL LATER
Jingle
jjh

NULL
Alisae (Bella and I lean town a bit, Ceph thinks you might be scum, none of us seem that confident)
Gamma
Menalque
Kerset

SCUM
hito (consensus on our team in varying degrees of confidence)

VOTE: hito

PEdit: I mean I'm consistently seeing negative posts about mastina in this thread? I can dig them up if you really want but that's the vibe I've been getting the whole time I've been reading.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #411 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Klick »

In post 408, jjh927 wrote:and why are 90% if your posts focused on Mastina
because I've had game-related dialogues with two people so far and mastina was one of them
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #415 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Klick »

In post 203, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 199, Bitmap wrote: This read was made by the team as a collective. We think you have >rand chance of being scum based on your posts.
my first reaction was to say that this doesn't square up with you using "apparently" and "he thinks" in . But ehh you seem to actually give a shit which is a bigger towntell than this is a scumtell
I don't like this. I'm thinking about why this is here, and it feels like it's meant to show that hito is having dissonance in his head about Bitmap that looks nuanced and genuine, rather than actually sorting Bitmap. It's also a pretty nice fencesit.
In post 312, hitogoroshi wrote:mastina 239 seems like a pretty genuine reads list, don't think scum makes a point out of doing a big reads list this early when half the entries are gonna be "I got nothin' chief'.
I've already talked about my problem with this. There are legit reasons to townread mastina, but I don't think this is one of them.

I also think my wagon is insanely weak for the amount of people on it and has at least one scum on it, and hito's vote was the worst.
In post 381, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 372, Alisae wrote:Hito are you willing to join us? If not I would be interested as to why
I don't have strong feelings on klick either way but that's a fucking aces way to start a wagon and you dragged a great town reaction out of menal so sure I'm down. Though I still think the biggest skeleton key for Klick is understanding Klick -> Shadoweh which I think probably needs to finish revealing itself

VOTE: Klick
This vote does nothing. He's said he doesn't have strong feelings on me, so this vote loses any impact it might have had. It seems pointless.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #419 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Klick »

Bella said you'd be easy to read later, and Ceph said it was too early to read Jingle.

I liked how ofrhz approached RVS - there's a way to do it that dooms us to off-topic conversation for a long time, but ofrhz specifically made a comment early on about wanting to get a wagon on Jingle that I liked.
In post 136, ofrhz wrote:
In post 135, hitogoroshi wrote:Your vote is still on Jingle and this very isn't the defense you think it is
I don't have any scumreads, so there's no reason for me to move my vote atm
This post felt really good too. I buy it.

My team seems to think ofrhz is town as well
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #457 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 426, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 398, Klick wrote:This is a weird take. I can't see it, and I can't see how someone else would genuinely see it.
This game has had plenty of content - there's enough out there for some sort of read on most of this cast. And Mastina doesn't strike me as someone who would avoid content as scum, or someone who would give off that impression.
It's not about creating or avoiding content. It's that I imagine a scum player who tried to do a early read list and then realizes that a bunch of their answers are "I'm not reading this person" is a lot more likely to just not post it. So I think the fact it was posted the way it was reflects well on her.

Klick, how much faith do you put in Shadoweh's reads?
Why? I'm still not seeing it. She strikes me as trying to look transparent about what she's thinking as a predetermined approach to the game.

I don't think I've seen Shadow play Mafia, but we're good friends from LSGs. She's a reasonable person, and if she's town I trust her enough to work with her towards solving this.
I know that's not really a straight answer to your question, but I don't know how to answer it as it's stated. I don't know how good her reads are, but I think we should be able to have good conversations about our reads as the game goes on.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #461 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Klick »

That's fair. I'm still working out how the Team Mafia setup differs from regular Mafia. And the thread already had like 9 or so pages to react to before I woke up for D1, so I had a lot to react to. Meanwhile I think I was around pretty early on in our last game?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #462 (isolation #21) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Klick »

I'm also not used to basically playing four games at once
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #472 (isolation #22) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Klick »

A Kerset wagon is going to be really boring though? They've got six posts and none of them say anything.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #492 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 483, Kerset wrote:
In post 406, Klick wrote:
In fact, I feel like thats the sort of pressure thats applied by scum with the mindset of "how can I make this person look like an idiot as much as possible."
Why would there be any need to make mastina look bad? The general opinion of her in this thread is already negative. That wouldn't serve any purpose.

So is it AI or not?
I'm not sure what you're asking here, sorry. Could you rephrase?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #530 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 498, Kerset wrote:
In post 492, Klick wrote:
In post 483, Kerset wrote:
In post 406, Klick wrote:

So is it AI or not?
I'm not sure what you're asking here, sorry. Could you rephrase?
Do you make nonscum read based on this or outside of it? You suggest that this thing is nonaligment indicative.
'This thing' being a bunch of people's negativity towards mastina? No, I don't think that has anything to do with her alignment.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #531 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:37 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 525, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 457, Klick wrote: I don't think I've seen Shadow play Mafia, but we're good friends from LSGs. She's a reasonable person, and if she's town I trust her enough to work with her towards solving this.
I know that's not really a straight answer to your question, but I don't know how to answer it as it's stated. I don't know how good her reads are, but I think we should be able to have good conversations about our reads as the game goes on.
So what I'm getting at with the question is: you had this really weird approach to Shadoweh where you voted her but mostly just to get her to notice you. You liked her responses. And her vote target was the only person in your teams top scum tier! It seems pretty inconsistent that you care
so much
about Shadoweh's opinion you're openly begging her to engage with you multiple times, but now when you're switching from voting her to voting her top suspect you don't say a word about her vote influencing your priors or seeing if she agrees with the same bad parts your team doesn't like or anything. Reading you in ISO, it sure feels like I would have heard about it if the player you voted for was Shadoweh-approved.
1. I've already said I had a reason to think Shadow was scummy when I pressured her.
2. My vote on you had little to do with Shadow's vote on you, with independent reasons given. I didn't consciously realise Shadow was voting you when I voted you - I knew you had something resembling a wagon but couldn't recall who all was on it.

I had this question for you in my head as I was going to sleep last night - as a general rule, do you tend to scumhunt as though everyone thinks and plays the same way? A lot of your thoughts stem from a place of 'oh, a town player would be playing in this specific way' or 'a scum player wouldn't bother with that' without ascribing things to the person posting them. Is that typical of how you play/are you conscious of it? Do you assume others also play this way?
right now I got Alisae/Menal as near locktown (start from and read to end of page, making sure to see the timestamps). Bitmap up there but a distinct tier below because it's mostly just effortell right now. My teammates tell me that the town points I gave to mastina for spewing are closer to null with her specific meta so adjusting the dial to just slight town. gets pretty undifferentiated from there, no super solid scum reads but Klick, Shadoweh, chemist all have stuff that seems a little off to me. I feel like there's a bit of a language barrier with Kerset where I just flat out don't understand how they're getting some of the interpretations they're getting, so that read might take a while to move.
I would really hesitate to have Menalque as strongly town at this stage. He's not scummy, but nothing he's done comes close to being outside of his scum range.

Also worth noting that the mastina thing you got from your team is the same as what I said about her. Is there any reason you didn't comment on that?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #544 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Klick »

Explain the Bitmap bit a bit more, jjh?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #551 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Klick »

In post 422, Chemist1422 wrote:Klick have you and your team read my ofrhz case?
Sorry Chemist just realised that I hadn't responded to this.
By case, did you mean this post?
In post 405, Chemist1422 wrote:VOTE: ofrhz

I think I wanna go here right now

I didn’t like 134 trying to sort of push aside his previous interaction and his Kerset vote felt weak at best
I think i'm fine with 134? My read was that ofrhz realised the conversation with Jingle stopped being productive or helpful to town (something that I'm really bad at regulating for myself, when to stop pointless conversations).
The Kerset vote isn't that strong, but I dunno that it needs to be? It seems like an honest representation of her early thoughts - in contrast to what a bunch of people do, which is go hard with little substance. It weirdly reminds me of Bella's early play.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #555 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Klick »

In post 547, jjh927 wrote:
In post 544, Klick wrote:Explain the Bitmap bit a bit more, jjh?
You're one of the likely lynches and Bitmap has quite a developed read on you and now he's going off on a vanity wagon
I don't think I'm close to a 'likely lynch' at this point. Half the wagon has no strong feelings about me.

We agree on hito being the most likely potential scum on my wagon.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #557 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Klick »

In post 549, Bitmap wrote:jj's read list is really bad.

Scum is pushing Klick because they think he's a weak slot.
Who specifically is doing this?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #563 (isolation #30) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Klick »

In post 561, Bitmap wrote:
In post 557, Klick wrote:
In post 549, Bitmap wrote:jj's read list is really bad.

Scum is pushing Klick because they think he's a weak slot.
Who specifically is doing this?
I originally thought it could be Alisae but I'm unsure what I think of Alisae atm.
Ughhh this is giving me heebie jeebies.

You think 'scum' is trying to get an easy wagon on me
But you have no concrete thoughts on who that is, and you're not that invested in finding out
And your vote is on Jingle.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #569 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Klick »

Bitmap, if you're town, don't let them get to you - there was always going to be an elitist or two in any given game that had no intention of listening to anyone but the couple of people they considered best, but Mafia is a team game and trying your best anyway is absolutely going to help.
For example, most of your original content thus far has given me a pretty strong townread on you.

PEdit: hito has the worst vote on my wagon by far. I'm null on Menalque so far, and I have a townlean on Alisae while my team isn't thrilled with her. Mastina strikes me as probably town.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #672 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Klick »

Chemist let's solve this shit

I'm not sold on ofrhz-scum. I don't think the reasons for scumreading her are convincing and I'd lean town on the slot overall, as does the rest of my team. We can DMZ that slot though, I don't think it's a bad thing that the wagon exists, you do you etc.

Talk to me about your Mena read. I'm at a loss for how to read him if I'm being honest - after our last game with him I feel as though he has a pretty massive scum range so I've got a paranoid bias there. What makes you think he's town?
I'd also be interested in your hito townlean/if you had any thoughts on either my reasons for voting him or Shadow's.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #691 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 571, hitogoroshi wrote:But that's exactly what I'm getting at. How on earth do you post shit like this:
In post 248, Klick wrote:Shadow come solve this game with your favorite kawaii pink blob <(^-^)>
Right now I think you could pretty easily be scum but I'd totally be willing to ignore that if you went scumhunting with me!
In post 263, Klick wrote: Sorry, by 'scumhunting' I just meant solving in general. My style is usually townhunting too tbf. I just want to see some Shadow thoughts because you're someone I'd feel comfortable and confident chatting things out with.
So I also want to see your townreads! But like, yours specifically, your team is nice and all but I want to know what you think. You're reading me as town - who else?
And then not even notice that you're voting the same person as she is? If you care so much about Shadoweh's read contingent on her being town, wouldn't you at least remember her biggest scum read?
When I tried to engage with Shadow she didn't seem to have had a read on you. In fact, she personally didn't seem to have any reads.
I have a bit of a one-track mind/executive functioning struggle. It's hard for me to keep a ton of info in my head at one time without referring back to notes, and that applies to Mafia as well as other things. With the exception of people who have been pushing particularly hard/the people voting me, it's hard for me to remember who anyone's voting in a game without going and checking.
I did my own read of the game and independently found that you were scummy. I wasn't focused on Shadow's opinion when I did that, so her vote on you didn't cross my mind.
I had this question for you in my head as I was going to sleep last night - as a general rule, do you tend to scumhunt as though everyone thinks and plays the same way? A lot of your thoughts stem from a place of 'oh, a town player would be playing in this specific way' or 'a scum player wouldn't bother with that' without ascribing things to the person posting them. Is that typical of how you play/are you conscious of it? Do you assume others also play this way?
Kind of. I assume a base state that people act consistent with their role motivations, and I wait for meta/someone's explanation to tell me if they don't. You get some false positives with this approach but you throw an awful lot of baby out with the bathwater if you assume that people's behavior is individual and there isn't an inherent tendency for townies to want credit for their pushes, scum to want to proxy responsibility, etc.
I feel as though there's a reasonable middle ground there. I'm probably too much on the individual motivation side of the scale, but I don't think either extreme is the optimal way to play.
Sorry, this got off-topic! I understand your way of playing a bit better now though.
Also worth noting that the mastina thing you got from your team is the same as what I said about her. Is there any reason you didn't comment on that?
Because I disagreed with your first sentence "This game has had plenty of content - there's enough out there for some sort of read on most of this cast"; I think that the actual point of the tell is that scum in low-pressures situation don't usually want to spend a bunch of words just to emphasize they aren't having reads. But then KittyMo and Gamma both brought up, unprompted, that they
do
jive with the tell generally but for
specifically
mastina they don't think it's applicable. Which yeah is close to what your second sentence was, but it means a lot more from people who I know understand the usual theory behind it being a town tell + I know they are not lying to me whereas you might be.
The point I'm getting at here is, I had the same thought as your teammates - and therefore had an approach to this situation that was the same as town's, from your perspective. I was curious if that made me more likely to be town in your eyes at all. But now that I'm typing that out it sounds a bit convoluted. *shrug*
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #695 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 676, Chemist1422 wrote:My Mena read is because I think he’s approaching me with just a little paranoia in a genuine way
I read through his ISO and couldn't tell exactly what you meant here. Could you expand/quote what you mean?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #719 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Klick »

Several external people have acknowledged that Bitmap has reason to feel upset by how he's been pushed around in the thread, independent of his reaction. That should at least make his reaction here a plausible town reaction.

I think the idea that Bitmap isn't actually feeling the 'persecution complex' and it's all just a scum ploy is a bit silly.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #726 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Klick »

I think I'm developing a townread on Jingle? Or at least, the last few posts of his I've read have felt insightful and heading in a good direction.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #762 (isolation #37) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Klick »

Jingle

Gamma Emerald

Alisae

Chemist1422

Shadoweh

hitogoroshi

Klick

mastina

Bitmap

ofrhz

Menalque

jjh927

Kerset
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #763 (isolation #38) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 758, mastina wrote:
In post 755, Jingle wrote:protecting obvtown Klick is 100% not a scum move here.
It absolutely is when Klick was mislynch bait with a notable wagon and a very real chance of having a lynch go through.
How do we have such different interpretations of this? Half the people on my wagon blatantly said they didn't have any strong feelings about me.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #842 (isolation #39) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by Klick »

Worth noting that Ceph now thinks no one is scummy and would be voting Gamma by default.

I wouldn't hate that? I'm skeptical of the 'no active scum' bit, but I'm happy with enough townreads that I think Gamma is a decent lynch today.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #843 (isolation #40) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:36 pm

Post by Klick »

Actually I could see mastina stirring shit here to guard her inactive/'weak' buddy(ies) pretty easily. Try to get Bitmap mislynched, then pivot to finding people scummy in the interactions when her buddies were nowhere near them.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #845 (isolation #41) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:38 pm

Post by Klick »

And as a general note, I'd be willing to bet that if mastina is scum, at least one of her buddies is someone she considers a weak link.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #848 (isolation #42) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:54 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 846, jjh927 wrote:
In post 845, Klick wrote:And as a general note, I'd be willing to bet that if mastina is scum, at least one of her buddies is someone she considers a weak link.
Those were Mastina's opinions independent of alignment and if there was ulterior motive sneaking in then some of us would have told you about it.
I don't doubt that.
My theory is that mastina!scum is playing in such a way that she feels she needs to be her scumteam's carry.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1043 (isolation #43) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:03 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 951, jjh927 wrote:Menalque went into the town pile for me very early tbh when he started asking me questions

then I think the day after that skitter gave me some reads including a TR on menalque and I just figured I'd leave him in my townpile and expect some good quality townplay laced with a healthy amount of paranoia he is capable of keeping healthy
This doesn't sit right with me. It feels uncharacteristically weak.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1044 (isolation #44) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 987, Bitmap wrote:Look how not toxic this game is when mastina doesn't post. owo
You ruined it though :(
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1048 (isolation #45) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:15 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1012, Alisae wrote:I think
[Menalque
is the most obvtowny towny town to have ever have towned
If you really believe this then I'd love to hear why you think this actually
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1049 (isolation #46) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:19 pm

Post by Klick »

I'm pretty sure the leading wagon right now is hito?

Everyone go watch Humanity Has Declined right now
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1070 (isolation #47) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Klick »

UNVOTE:
It's late here, was busy with a uni assignment today, but I'll have some things to say tomorrow.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1095 (isolation #48) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:06 am

Post by Klick »

@hito: Your latter point about Menalque trying to actively influence the gamestate with his vote/convincing people to join him doesn't do much for me. Probably because in two of the three games I've played semi-recently, Menalque was scum who did this liberally and made it a core part of his strategy. He is acutely aware that playing this way gets him townread.

The first point is interesting. I haven't seen that towntell in action before, so I'm not confident in its strength, but I get it in theory. I'm fine with leaving Menalque for later at least.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1096 (isolation #49) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:23 am

Post by Klick »

In post 729, jjh927 wrote:Also I kinda do feel like this idea that Bitmap has been pushed around is people buying into a bullshit narrative. He's playing the victim but he just isn't here; again- look at that extensive list of discredits against mastina and see how much stacks up the other way
I think I'm confused by how this is persuasive to you. Do you think Bitmap!town would be avoiding antagonising mastina here? I don't.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1097 (isolation #50) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:30 am

Post by Klick »

VOTE: jjh927

There have been enough incidental things that have set off alarms about his posts to me that I think this could just be scum. And it feels like plenty of people have had minor-yet-valid points against him without there being a proper push, which is concerning.
I don't read his solving as genuine, and that's the biggest reason I'd be happy to lynch here today.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1102 (isolation #51) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:41 am

Post by Klick »

@PP I also voted jjh
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1135 (isolation #52) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Klick »

Not really here but

Holy shit hi Soarin! :D
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1156 (isolation #53) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1148, mastina wrote:I wouldn't think I'd be able to catch you, Shadoweh, Jingle, jjh, Alisae, or Menalque if any of you are scum, this early into the game; for me to correctly peg any of you as scum would require flips, night actions, etc. and analysis based off of that.

I said at the beginning of the game pretty much. Statistically speaking, there's a fair chance that at least 1-2 players who're 'strong' are scum this game; I also made it fairly clear that on D1, I wouldn't be able to catch them. One of them is probably scum with Bitmap, with Kerset as the third, but I wouldn't be able to tell you which of them it is until both Bitmap and Kerset have flipped.
I sure do love me some merit-based prejudice :]
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1492 (isolation #54) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Klick »

Mena are you actually just town this time?
I'm stupid paranoid after the other times we've played but your posts today are really good and your tone in general feels a lot different than in the game you were scum with Datisi.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1495 (isolation #55) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1103, hitogoroshi wrote:Would like to read the best example if you have it on hand; it's kinda like mastina in that I have absolutely zero intention of walking back these locktowns today but in case we get to paranoia endtimes and I'm alive and you're not, would be nice to have the chance to break out if I'm getting snowed and being kept alive as scumpet.
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=80974
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1503 (isolation #56) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Klick »

I'm reading through again from where I left off, the last two days have been busy and exhausting so I haven't had my head here much. Aorn my reads are the same as last time I posted them, except you're at the very least in the pile of people I'd rather not lynch today.
It's also worth noting that atm I don't find anyone scummy enough that I would outright like to lynch them over anyone that's not in my PoE pool. jjh is my strongest scumread atm, but even then in my mind his scum equity is only slightly >rand. (did I use that jargon correctly)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1506 (isolation #57) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1224, jjh927 wrote:Like, what did you intend to achieve with 1219?
I read 1219 and think Bitmap is literally posting what RC gave as thoughts for this game without a personal agenda to it
It was literally stated as 'RC thinks this thing'

You not seeing that makes me think you're not getting much of a town perspective from your teammates in this game
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1510 (isolation #58) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1238, Reundo wrote:OK, I finished catching up. Reads:

{Bitmap, Klick} <- TOWN
{Jingle, Mena, Chemist} <- TOWN-LEAN
{hito, Alisae, Shadoweh, Kerset} <- NULL
{ofrhz, jjh} <- SCUM-LEAN
{mastina} <- SCUM

I spent way too long trying to write up an in-depth reads list and only got like halfway-through, then realized it was kind of pointless and a waste of time, which makes me sad. Will probably end up elaborating on these more later, but I'm way too tired as is.

VOTE: mastina
I'd love to catch you online at the same time as me. This isn't doing much to help me sort you unfortunately.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1511 (isolation #59) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1509, Jingle wrote:
In post 1507, Bitmap wrote:
In post 1504, Jingle wrote:RCE says bit discrediting is his scum move, FWIW.
I find it funny he says that since I've never played with him when I was scum. Actually the only game we've played together was magical girls afaik.
Well, he thinks you’re scum. And also said whoever said we needed to solve you/mastina today was probably scum but I don’t even remember that happening so... :shrug:
Hilariously that was RC, through Bitmap
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1514 (isolation #60) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1285, Alisae wrote:
In post 1283, jjh927 wrote:If you mislynch Mastina it's gonna leave a real bad impression on your tiebreak scores
the surveys are a complete joke hello?
QFT
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1587 (isolation #61) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Klick »

Not a fan of a bunch of eLiTe PlAyErS getting together to lynch the new guy's slot with 5 posts tbh :)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1588 (isolation #62) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1571, Menalque wrote:Like I feel that klick paranoia is just excessive and I still think he’s reading as tonally different to TL’s micro
Keep in mind that I was convinced you were playing differently in TL's micro as well.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1888 (isolation #63) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:05 pm

Post by Klick »

^ was about to say that >_<
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1889 (isolation #64) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by Klick »

So I feel like the Reundo wagon is extremely lazy and that there's an unusual amount of reaching to have an excuse to lynch an empty slot.

Why not just lynch the slot because it's empty and you have a lot of townreads?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1960 (isolation #65) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:38 pm

Post by Klick »

V/LA for a couple of days

The Bitmap wagon really strongly looks like a mislynch to me
VOTE: Reundo

I'd switch to Alisae if a wagon built up there and the alternative was Bitmap.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1962 (isolation #66) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:53 pm

Post by Klick »

When push comes to shove I'd probably also be fine with a hito wagon, but let's be honest he was never going to get lynched in the first three days of this game
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2033 (isolation #67) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Klick »

In post 2030, Menalque wrote:Wow what an inspired kill never would have seen that coming
This but not sarcastically
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2040 (isolation #68) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Menalque
Sweet
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2053 (isolation #69) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:11 am

Post by Klick »

I suppose Menalque could have been targeted by jjh?
His claim under pressure makes me doubt that though
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2059 (isolation #70) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Klick »

Jjh was an Alien - you'd have been rolestopped
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2060 (isolation #71) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Klick »

If you were ascetic last night and Mastina had a problem with an action last night, you'd have just claimed that immediately.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2069 (isolation #72) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Klick »

Why do you keep rolling scum with me :(
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2092 (isolation #73) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Klick »

Ez game ez life
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2102 (isolation #74) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Klick »

Ty for doing our job for us scum

Is there merit to massclaim in this situation?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2175 (isolation #75) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by Klick »

Please stop, Bitmap/RC. You're not having fun and you're not adding anything worthwhile to the thread with your posting.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2176 (isolation #76) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by Klick »

Like there's literally nothing to be pissy about unless you're scum flailing to try and somehow reach LyLo.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2214 (isolation #77) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Klick »

I'm Miyuki Hoshizora, two-shot Doc. I holstered N1 and protected mastina N2 (leaving me with one shot left).
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2225 (isolation #78) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Klick »

My pet theory is that ofrhz is SK here. It would make sense with all the town power. It's not that relevant for now though since sorting a third mafia is much more important.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2226 (isolation #79) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Klick »

I'm also fine with just lynching Bitmap at this point
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2233 (isolation #80) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by Klick »

I was debating soft-claiming yesterday when I saw jjh's role was quite similar to mine. but then mastina had a guilty and I figured it made much more sense to try and save her/prove I had the role. But then Ali died instead and she's protected by some other means so *shrug*

Actually mastina do you know if you still have the talisman/if it was successfully used last night?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2284 (isolation #81) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 2247, Bitmap wrote:
I'm going to repeat this again, I'll deny NSG giving reads and helping find the last deep wolf if there's still insinuation that I'm scum.
LOL fuck that VOTE: Bitmap
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2319 (isolation #82) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Klick »

I'm around for another half hour tops. Would it be more useful to claim what I did now as opposed to much later?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2336 (isolation #83) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:41 am

Post by Klick »

I'm Miyuki Hoshizora, two-shot doc.

N1 I holstered
N2 I protected mastina
N3 I protected Chemist (as per Jingle's post about me protecting Chemist if Kerset didn't have a protect).
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2408 (isolation #84) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:46 am

Post by Klick »

So I'm not going to pretend to have much understanding of the setup/ability to get reads out of it. My instinct is that Kerset/Chem's PRs make little sense as town together, and also that Kerset's abilities in isolation all look super scummy. But I don't put much weight into that personally.

Right now Klick/hito/Chem is my townpool, and I'm looking for one more.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2410 (isolation #85) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:58 am

Post by Klick »

In post 2409, Shadoweh wrote:(I was hinting p heavily that I was suspicious of Klick though, I just didn't want to start a fight about it)
See if you were town I think you actually would have brought it up and tried sorting me instead of hoping I could be mislynched today ;)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2447 (isolation #86) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Klick »

I'm pretty happy with Kerset > Jingle > Shadow as a solve, to be honest.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2491 (isolation #87) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:35 am

Post by Klick »

Fwiw Jingle this is why I want to lynch by order of most-to least-likely scum. I don't trust town to not reevaluate. I also think Shadow has the least potential to swing someone into making a hero call. If we're basically agreed on that three then we should focus on either ending the game before we get cold feet or keeping town on-course.

But also, the more we shout at each other and try to upset each other, the more I just want to end this game/my participation in it ASAP.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2516 (isolation #88) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Klick »

Theory: Kerset is compulsive and chose N2 to use his compulsive commute.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2519 (isolation #89) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Klick »

No I mean that's why he no-killed N2. He had to one night, because he had to commute.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2540 (isolation #90) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:34 am

Post by Klick »

I'm getting drowned in the theory talk >_<

I've just had the thought that in a game with this much town power, Mafia N2 Vig or something similar might not be that unreasonable? I'm questioning the ofrhz clear in general.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2541 (isolation #91) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Klick »

We seem pretty sold as a group on me/hito/Chem just not getting lynched this game, and I think i'm fine with that.
We literally just need to bank on one other person being town, and we're good. We don't even need to do it mechanically (and considering the contention/not-totally-clearness of it all I'm not convinced going at it mechanically is the right way at all tbh).

By play, I think Shadow/Jingle both look significantly more towny than Kerset/ofrhz.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2586 (isolation #92) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:23 am

Post by Klick »

VOTE: ofrhz

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”