Micro 959 - Greater Idea Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:08 am

Post by Raya36 »

Hectic discarded vanilla townie?? That's the best role possible!

VOTE: Hectic
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 16, Glitch wrote:Pooky chose not to be a doctor which unless choosing a stronger town PR, is anti town. Without telling about the role you chose, is there any reason why you decided to ditch the doc? Do you not like playing doc for some reason or another?
Same thing can be said about starbuck and bg
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Raya36 »

I'm on Pooky's side of this. This seems more like you're putting info more useful for scum than for town.... PR hunting or anything that could lead to that is not good. Also I don't understand why you went after Pooky and not starbuck when bg is also a protective role

VOTE: glitch
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 30, Starbuck wrote:VOTE: Raya

Hai!
Hey!
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 34, Glitch wrote:
In post 25, Raya36 wrote:I'm on Pooky's side of this. This seems more like you're putting info more useful for scum than for town.... PR hunting or anything that could lead to that is not good. Also I don't understand why you went after Pooky and not starbuck when bg is also a protective role

What makes you think I was PR fishing?
Because what info do you expect to get out of asking if they like playing doc or not. That's not going to help you figure out they're alignment. If they say they don't than that tells us nothing about their alignment or role. They they say they do then that means they chose either a stronger PR or they preferred a not-town role. It gives no AI info and just potenntially outs info about their chosen role.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Raya36 »

Also there is a huge difference in asking someone why they discarded an anti-town role vs why they discarded a town PR. One helps determine alignment (ie you said you didnt want the stress of playing scum) and the other rolefishes for the reasons I gave above
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #44 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Raya36 »

I still don't get why nobody is suspecting starbuck for discarding bg on the same logic
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #47 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 43, Fidget wrote:I don't like this Glitch wagon one bit! My mind immediately went to suspecting Pooky for discarding doctor. I do not think he was PR fishing, the question does not surprise me since the cards are potentially useful for determining alignment

VOTE: Raya

is invalid because it ignores what Glitches intentions were. Even if the question could aid scum, I do not believe that is what he wanted it to do!
Maybe his intentions were good but I can't see how asking that question could ever benefit town. It's good to keep in mind that he discarded doc but the question really only allows for the answer of disliking the role of doc. Any other answer suggests a stronger PR.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #49 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 45, Fidget wrote:
In post 36, Starbuck wrote:
In post 6, Ydrasse wrote:were you a cluster of starbucks i could spare you
Glitch's quick hop onto Pooky is suspect given the way obvious rolefishing and the overdefensiveness throughout 19 because he felt like Pooky dodged his over-the-top aggressiveness.

I feel like Glitch is trying to lure Pooky into saying something that he can twist for his own benefit. Pooky is holding his own, but I don't like Glitch here at all.
I dont think Glitch would try to do that even as scum. That's a crazy plan! If glitch were scum with Pooky not on his team, he would naturally assume he's a strong PR or another scumteam. No fishing necessary.
Actually this is a good point.

UNVOTE:
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #50 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:45 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 46, Glitch wrote:I'm playing from my phone right now so it is really hard for me to go back and quote things properly. However, Raya, it is important to note that not everyone wants to play certain power roles the same. I would not want to choose doctor as a role because it is too much stress on me and the challenge of targeting the right night kill is too much. It also presents an additional challenge of trying to stay alive as a necessary asset to the town whereas a simple vanilla Town role can recklessly scum hunt . I would prefer to play vanilla Townie over a doctor any day. However, others enjoy playing doctor and would jump at that role. By me asking for reasoning behind discarding the doctor role I was seeking to understand why the role was discarded and how, under normal circumstances, should the player be dealt the doctor as a role, they would react to their role. Would they enjoy it? Would they resent it? It spurs productive conversation and I very very specifically said not to reveal anything about the role that was chosen. It seems like multiple people are targeting me because I am role fishing even though I specifically said not to reveal anything about the role of that was chosen. Why are you disregarding this?
You're right. I still stand by that question being rolefishy and I still don't think much good for town could come out of it but I think your intentions were good. Especially after what fidget said about it making no sense for you to rolefish as scum in this particular situation.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #69 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 66, Hectic wrote:Scum very rarely come out rolefishing. 90% of scum are just trying to look towny and any rolefishing is usually accidental. Glitch wasn't rolefishing and he specifically asked questions which allowed Pooky to answer without talking about the role he picked over doctor.
This is true as well. I know as scum I'd be too conscious to try that
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #70 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Raya36 »

VOTE: Pooky

Maybe he did choose scum over a town role..
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #72 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Raya36 »

@Pooky
Do you prefer playing as scum or as town and why?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #88 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 78, Fidget wrote:Oh, working solely on vibes then. At least it was a good effort.
To be fair I get the same vibes from pookie. His play comes off as semi-aggressive which makes him seem like someone who would enjoy playing scum. Also I find his typical town play is a bit scummy. So maybe easier to lay low meta-wise?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #89 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 80, DoubleDare wrote:My gut says pooky town, fidget scum
Any explanation for this? Particularly fidget
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #90 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 84, Hectic wrote: Pedit: What about you? DO you prefer town or scum? Everyone should probably answer this question actually.
I prefer town. I don't like the pressure as scum and I find town all around more enjoyable
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #91 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 85, Fidget wrote:
In post 82, Hectic wrote:Not_Mafia is bottom because he picks scum over town 90% of the time here. Unless the town role is really fun.
If he's scum, that'd mean he had two scum cards anyway. So this doesn't really matter.
Cards are completely random to my understanding so he could have had 2 scum cards
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #93 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Raya36 »

I'm thinking Pooky is town?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #95 (isolation #18) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 94, DoubleDare wrote:@Reya: What I noticed was that interaction with you over pooky/starbuck. It looked like you caught her being hypocritical and she tried to cover herself.
That could potentially imply Starbuck is they're partner as well.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #126 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:45 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 103, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 51, Fidget wrote:VOTE: Starbuck

And you there, bodyguard-discarder-glitch-wagoner. What have you got to say? About my comment. On the glitch wagon. That you're on
ngl this feels a bit like trying to piggyback on the posts against glitch after glitch explained their relationship to the role.

like i get that we're all here trying to figure out Who Did What With What Role but this feels like the laziest sort of execution of it. or maybe i just don't like the tone of it.
This is part of what links up with being hypocritical. It was glitch who was being hypocritical as well.

Fidget, you said that your mind immediately went to suspecting Pooky for discarding doctor but there was 0 mention of starbuck discarding bg until I brought it up. My concern is that either you or glitch decided to use this as an attack on town!Pooky but left scumbuddy starbuck out of it even though the situation was nearly identical.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #127 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:48 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 108, Ydrasse wrote:admittedly i'm not using the entirety of my brain cells right now but i kind of understand why bodyguard was brushed over as opposed to doctor. i feel in general doctor is a more universal/utilized role and people are more prone to associating THAT with towniness and helpfulness. it's the first thing recognized and thus you're more likely to go ??? over it than bodyguard.
But in the end they're both protective roles and both pro-town. There really isn't a huge difference between the two. I don't find either role fun to be fair but they're still necessary in a game like this.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #128 (isolation #21) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:51 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 113, DoubleDare wrote:This is the first time I've ever played this setup. I'm starting to understand the point of looking at the discards, but I don't think I'm all the way there yet. I'm just going to throw out some ideas and you all can talk about them / ignore them as appropriate.

Starbuck
-
bodyguard

I come from epicmafia also where bodyguard is more like ambusher. This version just takes the bullet for the target. I'm guessing from this discard that Starbuck wants to live as long as she can through the game. I could see this either way

Glitch
-
Mafia Strongman

This is a pretty decent mafia pick if you are forced to play as mafia, so I'm assuming Glitch didn't want to play as mafia.

Not_Mafia
-
Werewolf Miller

This is such a bad discard that I would believe someone takes mafia over it.

NDMath
-
One-shot Gladiator

This is a strong role for someone who is confident they will be townread. maybe NDMath didn't want to have that burden, maybe they aren't confident in their political abilities or ability to town tell, or maybe the other role took less effort? Math has been effecting though, so I doubt that's the case. Not sure on this one.

DoubleDare
-
Tracker

I hate trackers because 1) It's hard for me to nail scum day 1 and 2) it's too much WIFOM even from the tracer's point of view.

Raya36
-
Mafia Goon

This one is pretty easy to understand. I'd take almost anything over goon. So bad the other card could be any other mafia and Raya would probably take it.

Hectic
-
Vanilla Townie

This is a bit bold. I think many players would like to be VT. This discard really says something. I'm not sure what, but it does.

Fidget
-
Alien Silencer

This is a hero discard because silencer is so unfun to be targeted by. Still, I think most people pick it over scum.

PookyTheMagicalBear
-
Doctor

A little different from bodyguard not that I think about it. Imagine your picks are "doctor" or "some mafia card". That's kind of a two-fer if the mafia role is any good- because you are denying the town a doctor. Some people would pick a different town PR over doctor, but that strategy element can't be overlooked.

Ydrasse
-
Wrong Place At the Wrong Time Townie

Universal Miller - ok. Well that could go either way I suppose. Any Town PR would be preferable, but a fun scum card would be better, too. Who wants to be a miller?

[line][/line]

So my reads based purely off discards are:

Townlean

Null
Starbuck
NDMath
Raya
Hectic
Ydrasse

Maybe Mafia
Not_Mafia
Fidget

Scumlean
Pooky

VOTE: Pooky
You got me and glitch backwards. I had strongman and glitch had goon
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #169 (isolation #22) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:42 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 134, Hectic wrote:
In post 126, Raya36 wrote:Fidget, you said that your mind immediately went to suspecting Pooky for discarding doctor but there was 0 mention of starbuck discarding bg until I brought it up. My concern is that either you or glitch decided to use this as an attack on town!Pooky but left scumbuddy starbuck out of it even though the situation was nearly identical.
I don't think it's close to identical at all. I see a big difference in enjoyment for the user between doctor and bodyguard.

Like, I'm a bodyguard and I have no idea who I want to save. If I save someone, hooray, but I'm out of the game which sucks - also, what if I just took a bullet for scum being shot by other scum? Saving someone as a doc would feel so much more rewarding.
I'll probably guard Ares because I townread her.
Ok so bg is subjectively worse than doctor but in the end they're both town protective roles and they deserved the same amount of attention that Fidget and Glitch were giving doc.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #170 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:51 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 137, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 127, Raya36 wrote:
In post 108, Ydrasse wrote:admittedly i'm not using the entirety of my brain cells right now but i kind of understand why bodyguard was brushed over as opposed to doctor. i feel in general doctor is a more universal/utilized role and people are more prone to associating THAT with towniness and helpfulness. it's the first thing recognized and thus you're more likely to go ??? over it than bodyguard.
But in the end they're both protective roles and both pro-town. There really isn't a huge difference between the two. I don't find either role fun to be fair but they're still necessary in a game like this.
oh, i know that they’re both good, useful protect roles at the end of the day? my point was more about familiarity leading people to get worked up about one over the other first.
That's fair argument when looking at the list at a glance but when you're specifically looking through the list of discarded roles to comment on it I feel like you should also acknowledge the bg discard along with the doc discard since they're very similar.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #171 (isolation #24) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:58 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 140, Fidget wrote:
In post 126, Raya36 wrote:This is part of what links up with being hypocritical. It was glitch who was being hypocritical as well.

Fidget, you said that your mind immediately went to suspecting Pooky for discarding doctor but there was 0 mention of starbuck discarding bg until I brought it up. My concern is that either you or glitch decided to use this as an attack on town!Pooky but left scumbuddy starbuck out of it even though the situation was nearly identical.
Doctor is better than BG and Pooky was the one getting pushed. Again, you bringing her up had nothing to do with my switch to Star and I feel it's a tad surface level to read it that way.

Especially when someone tries to draw an associative from me to Starbuck because of it. Cmon, that's a terrible stretch!
In post 128, Raya36 wrote:You got me and glitch backwards. I had strongman and glitch had goon
Whaaat? Oh. I guess I went off of Glitches post rather than the mods. OOPS
The association is not something that I consider likely but still a possibility. There are plenty of other reasons why scum might want to push one player for something but ignore another player for the same thing. I just believe that its disingenuous to push Pooky for discarding doctor but not Starbuck who discarded bg. I agree that they're different roles and that doctor is better but in the end the argument is more or less the same. A pro-town protective role was discarded which denies town that protection
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #172 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:59 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 141, Hectic wrote:
In post 138, Ydrasse wrote:mafia quiver in fear when i am home i shall find you
Only mafia? Does that mean you're a werewolf &_?

But seriously, I think this slip means Ydrasse is town, mafia or 3p, and not werewolf/alien.
I agree. I don't think they're any scum besides mafia or maybe 3p
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #182 (isolation #26) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:08 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 174, Hectic wrote:
In post 169, Raya36 wrote:Ok so bg is subjectively worse than doctor but in the end they're both town protective roles and they deserved the same amount of attention that Fidget and Glitch were giving doc.
But... but... I just explained why despite both being protective, they're not protectives of the same power level or enjoyment, and so don't deserve equal scrutiny.

Maybe you're just a massive fan of bodyguards. Have you worked in security before, Raya?
Maybe this is a point to agree to disagree. I just honestly don't think it makes sense to scrutinize someone for not picking doc but completely ignore the person who discarded bg. And then when I brought it up they said they would discuss bg after the doc conversation, almost like they were caught being hypocritical.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #190 (isolation #27) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 187, Hectic wrote:Glitch, I know Not_Mafia hasn't said much here, but he's provided impressive walls of analysis in the PT. He says he wants to hold onto his reads and reasoning for a bit before outing them. We're already up to page 4 in there, and I've told him to slow down and it's probably kinda unhealthy for him but he's really committed lul

Be patient with him.
So based on the PT you would strongly say NM is town? (Or at least as strong as possible this early in the game?)
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #193 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Raya36 »

That's a good point I forgot about for this game Hectic. There's only so far "good scumhunting" can take a read in a multi faction game
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #203 (isolation #29) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Pretty sure N_M was just saying that?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #209 (isolation #30) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 204, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:He’s just trolling?
Idk I took it that way? Seems very N_M to troll that way
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #212 (isolation #31) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Honestly I have a light town read on ydrasse for the reason above. I believe him about his preference of town and since he discarded a town role that means he had the option if choosing town. So unless he had a really cool scum role then he's probably just town.

Although I do need to look up what exactly his discarded town role was. Sounds a bit to me like it's not something you'd want and one of those town roles used for balance purposes.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #213 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 211, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:well its either NM trolling us about being a miller or hectic is trolling us about being a mason and we should get to the bottom of this no?
Agreed and I'm expecting that when one returns they'll clear this up?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #217 (isolation #33) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 215, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 212, Raya36 wrote:Honestly I have a light town read on ydrasse for the reason above. I believe him about his preference of town and since he discarded a town role that means he had the option if choosing town. So unless he had a really cool scum role then he's probably just town.

Although I do need to look up what exactly his discarded town role was. Sounds a bit to me like it's not something you'd want and one of those town roles used for balance purposes.
miller.

but i am taking miller every single time over any non-town role. what i got was just better than it, though that's pretty bare minimum. lmao.
Ah ok so I was pretty much right. I still think you're town
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #227 (isolation #34) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:57 am

Post by Raya36 »

And time to not trust a word N_M says
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #231 (isolation #35) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:24 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 228, Hectic wrote:I'm just waiting for Starbuck to get back to my questions tbh.

Why do you think I'm lying about being masons with Not_Mafia, Fidget? That's incredibly anti-town and would just be a bad waste of discussion, so I'd never do that as town. Are you saying I'm scum with him?
N_M is saying he's tentacled townie which doesn't work with being a mason
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #234 (isolation #36) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:57 am

Post by Raya36 »

Guess I'm still not used to his reaction testing then
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #257 (isolation #37) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 253, Not_Mafia wrote:I've been providing tonnes of content in the Mafia PT
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #259 (isolation #38) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Is that directed at me, Ydrasse?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #364 (isolation #39) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Raya36 »

I quickly read up since it's close to deadline. I'll actually respond when I get a chance next.

VOTE: starbuck
The lie is valid and the interactions with Hectic were bad.

Also I think hectic is town
And I think fidget is a town dayvig
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #378 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:16 am

Post by Raya36 »

I actually want a lynch so VOTE: glitch

That's E-1 if I counted correctly
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #381 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Raya36 »

UNVOTE:
My bad, I missed the extension post and thought we were scrambling for a lynch before the thread got updated.

I need to reread and re-evaluate.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #386 (isolation #42) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Raya36 »

So I reread:

Fidget is town

Hectic is prob town. Good takes and I find I'm agreeing a lot.

I've had a change of heart on the glitch/pooky situation. I think glitch makes a good point and only has good intention with his question about the discard, I think pooky purposefully claimed a PR to then blame glitch for rolefishing, and I don't think it makes sense for scum to rolefish and especially at that point in the game. Pooky scum, glitch null/town.

I think ydrasse is town based on the slip and also his preference of town+his discard. Someone mentioned scum would be more aware of their opposing scum factions and I agree. Also for questioning fidget about when they're shooting, protown to remind the dayvig that they might be killed if they wait until in-game tomorrow.

starbuck as scum still for the lie about alignment preference.
In post 310, Hectic wrote:Hmm, I apologise if it feels that way, Starbuck, but honestly, I think you're just scum trying to argue your way out of a lie.
I agree with this sentiment of the hectic/starbuck interactions

In post 289, Starbuck wrote:
In post 169, Raya36 wrote:Ok so bg is subjectively worse than doctor but in the end they're both town protective roles and they deserved the same amount of attention that Fidget and Glitch were giving doc.
Agreed. I saw you saying as such, but you didn't even make a move to question me. Just questioned them for not questioning me. If you felt this way, why didn't you pressure me?
I considered the hypocrisy to be scummy, not the discard.

In post 182, Raya36 wrote:I just honestly don't think it makes sense to scrutinize someone for not picking doc but completely ignore the person who discarded bg. And then when I brought it up they said they would discuss bg after the doc conversation, almost like they were caught being hypocritical.
Again, you could have started your own conversation questioning me but you didn't either. So why did you feel like you needed to wait for them?
I wasn't attacking you though. I was attacking their hypocrisy.

In post 212, Raya36 wrote:I believe him about his preference of town and since he discarded a town role that means he had the option if choosing town. So unless he had a really cool scum role then he's probably just town.
So why is this okay about Ydrasse and not me or Pooky?
The genuine claim of his preference and because I already have other reasons to townread him.

In post 361, DoubleDare wrote:
In post 25, Raya36 wrote:I'm on Pooky's side of this. This seems more like you're putting info more useful for scum than for town.... PR hunting or anything that could lead to that is not good. Also I don't understand why you went after Pooky and not starbuck when bg is also a protective role

Would this suggest a glitch/Starbucks team?
It could yes, I believe I already mentioned this. But I don't think glitch is scum anymore

I think I'd rather go VOTE: starbuck but I'd be willing to move to Pooky
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #466 (isolation #43) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:57 am

Post by Raya36 »

There goes my biggest town read. And I guess Starbuck is probably town based on being king? Seems like a weird role for scum to have
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #467 (isolation #44) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Raya36 »

I honestly still town read Ydrasse
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #469 (isolation #45) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:00 am

Post by Raya36 »

Ohhh that's my misunderstanding then. I assumed it was a 1-shot king role. Not kingmaker. Guess I should've checked the role list first
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #472 (isolation #46) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Raya36 »

I'll respond to that later when I get a chance. I'm not scum would be the tl/dr though lol
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #481 (isolation #47) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:59 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 474, Fidget wrote:My initial impressions

Fidget
DoubleDare

NDMath

Starbuck

PookyTheMagicalBear

Ydrasse
Raya36

I think, chances are, there's almost certainly scum inside the Starbuck wagon anyway. We may as well look at it like hunting for Glitches' partner, although I'm concerned there may be another faction.
Why is doubledare so high?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #482 (isolation #48) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 475, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I don't think Glitch rolefishes for PRs if he doesn't have a partner because if he's a solo werewolf he should be playing more for survival.
This is a good point and I agree although looking back I'm not entirely sure he was actually intending to rolefish. I think he was just trying to make some content out of the discards.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #483 (isolation #49) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 480, NDMath wrote:
In post 475, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I don't think Glitch rolefishes for PRs if he doesn't have a partner because if he's a solo werewolf he should be playing more for survival.
I was leaning towards solo because of his lack of roleclaim, since I think there's more pressure to last an extra cycle when you have a teammate.

To me it looked like he didn't think he was rolefishing, but that's the immediate reaction is for town, so he was caught out on the perspective slip of thinking what he was doing was a town mindset.
This is also a good point. He did seem to have kinda given up
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #484 (isolation #50) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 426, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:so we basically agreed to evict Glitch - then you said you wanted to dayvig glitch and told us to unvote and get a bandwagon on someone else so we could get 2 elims in today.

So when you ended up shooting NM - it was still assumed we would go ahead and evict Glitch again since that was the default choice previously.

Fidget voted Glitch
NDMath voted Glitch
Doubledare voted Glitch

it's only at this point Raya jumps on Glitch putting at E-1 - she sees the train leaving the station and she doesn't want to miss it.

Then Glitch calls her out on her vote of him and at this point DoubleDare unvotes and says he needs to re-read-

with the momentum basically reversed on the Glitch wagon - Raya then unvotes and claims it was because she missed the extension of the deadline - fidget unvotes and the wagon is completely derailed ast this point in the game.

I'm not sure I buy Raya's deadline shenanigans for her reversal - it feels like a very oppurtunistic jump when it was clear glitch was going to get the lynch - possibly because she wanted credit for evicting her scumbuddy - but as soon as momentum swung the other way she was happy to unvote and come up with a reversal - couple this with the fact that Raya wasn't on the original glitch wagon to begin with - I think we probably have Raya-Glitch being associated scumbuddies.
To clarify what happened; When I come back to a game I had been absent from for several pages I iso myself and choose my latest post then I read up from there. My latest post at that point was . On the next page I saw the next VC . That VC said that the deadline was expired. So I RUSHED through the latest pages and made my vote on who I thought was scum; starbuck (). That was why I missed the deadline extension. I was skimming fast. Also based on the most recent VC starbuck was a viable elimination. So I went to sleep and assumed everyone else would be rushing to choose a wagon before the thread was locked as well. Then I woke up the next morning and checked the thread where Glitch had said he lost track of the deadline time (which supported my assumption that we were rushing since it was already met). At that point it didn't seem like starbuck was happening so I moved to Glitch in a desperate attempt to just get a lynch hence what I said in . I never necessarily scumread Glitch at that point, I just wanted a lynch. When Glitch criticized my vote and DoubleDare unvoted and said he was gonna reread I looked back at the latest VC and saw that we actually had time left. I was confused so I went back and found the extension post. Then I reevaluated to make a better vote than a rushed one thinking we were out of time.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #492 (isolation #51) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 488, Fidget wrote:Well, 0% chance of being scum now. Maybe 1% chance yesterday. Claiming that you have a town power role that is 100% confirmable the next day seems like a gambit that would fall apart quickly for scum.
Went back and found that. Seems I did miss it which is really annoying. It's not proven yet though?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #493 (isolation #52) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:42 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 489, Fidget wrote: I think we should have Raya claim
I will only claim if I'm brought to E-1 with intent
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #494 (isolation #53) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:44 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 491, Ydrasse wrote:i am just a dummy who thought that glitch dug in their heels over that entire role thing. you may clown me as see fit.

i'm fine with either raya or ndmath i suppose. pooky, too?

basically looking at the eod wagon right now those are the only three i can feasibly flipping as non-town right now. pooky since that vote was kinda there from beginning of day and i don't put too much weight onto it being a gamesolving vote honestly.
NDMath claimed solo Mason. Do you think that's a lie or he's claiming that as scum?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #499 (isolation #54) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 495, Starbuck wrote:
In post 492, Raya36 wrote:
In post 488, Fidget wrote:Well, 0% chance of being scum now. Maybe 1% chance yesterday. Claiming that you have a town power role that is 100% confirmable the next day seems like a gambit that would fall apart quickly for scum.
Went back and found that. Seems I did miss it which is really annoying. It's not proven yet though?
Ummmmmmmm................what?
Did I miss something else or was it just that he claimed that his role would be confirmable? Because I don't believe it was confirmed yet? Either way I'm quite confident he's town

In post 495, Starbuck wrote:
In post 493, Raya36 wrote:
In post 489, Fidget wrote: I think we should have Raya claim
I will only claim if I'm brought to E-1 with intent
Technically, everyone is at E-1 except for me.
Oh true. Well if you state intent on me I will claim then
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #500 (isolation #55) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 498, Fidget wrote:DD is town

NDMath I think is high likelihood town for the mason claim, but if he's a werewolf mason he can get away with it. His recap of how he felt about the NM/Hectic mason thing was pretty good

Starbuck I am thinking is town for her huge reaction to Hectic catching her inconsistency. I think if she were scum she would be less likely to have gotten so upset over it. Her being a counterwagon to Glitch is somewhat a point in her favor as well but it's less valid if we're dealing with multiball.

Pooky is pretty decent feels especially pending a Raya scumflip. There is still rival scum possibility but I'm leaning against that

Ydrasse I don't think is partnered with Glitch and I do think she prefers playing town to mafia. So that's pretty nice

Raya I haven't gotten any town feels from and has the worst positioning on the Glitch wagon. Her discard is a point in her favor for not being mafia but as a werewolf candidate she is decently likely. She also hasn't been reading the thread terribly closely which may be a sign of disinterest due to rolling scum. I think her evaluation of Star for being scum due to the lie was way too quick.

If I were to assume Raya is town, I'd suspect maybe Pooky, outer chance of Ydrasse and Starbuck. But I don't think these are scum at this point in time

FoS: Raya
I haven't been reading super closely is correct but I have no disinterest in scum. I'd probably be paying closer attention since I feel a lot of pressure as scum. Although I should be paying a lot closer than I am :(
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #501 (isolation #56) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Raya36 »

Actually really annoyed at myself for missing the DD claim thing
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #503 (isolation #57) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Raya36 »

Flips:
Glitch - Werewolf
Not_Mafia - Town
Hectic - Town

Hard Claims:
NDMath - lone mason (Prob town considering context of the claim)
Fidget - 1-shot dayvig (Prob town, scum would have saved shot)
DoubleDare - 100% confirmable town role (Wasn't confirmed to my understanding but a weird gambit for scum to make)

------------------------------------------------

Glitch - werewolf
-Pooky can't be a ww
-starbuck very likely not a ww
-ydrasse probably not a ww

(Leaning towards Glitch being a solo werewolf)

------------------------------------------------

Town:
Fidget - claim
NDMath - claim
DoubleDare - claim
Ydrasse - slip (less aware of opposing scum factions than I would expect scum to be), preference of town, discard, genuine concern about Fidget shooting before dying

Null:
PookyTheMagicalBear

Scum:
Starbuck - For the interactions with Hectic about role preference
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #504 (isolation #58) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Raya36 »

That's mainly for my reference but shows where I'm at right now. Scum right now is Starbuck but I'm also considering Pooky, not for anything he did, but just based on PoE
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #509 (isolation #59) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:07 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 506, Ydrasse wrote:non-town players can be made king, yeah?
I can't find any info about it but I assume so
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #510 (isolation #60) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:09 am

Post by Raya36 »

Kingmaker is a guaranteed town role right?

Shouldn't the kingmaker claim since that would help with PoE and it wouldn't make them a target since it's 1-shot?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #520 (isolation #61) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 511, Starbuck wrote:If you don't already know who the Kingmaker is without having it spelled out, I can't help with that.
Well I mean, I know, but I don't see why it can't be confirmed since it shouldn't make them a target but we can leave it I guess
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #521 (isolation #62) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 515, Fidget wrote:
In post 505, DoubleDare wrote:Scum are scared to talk.
Very slow game!

Raya's posting hasn't swayed me much. She did list the two individuals I think might be mafia in the event she's town at the bottom, so that is nice but probably only after a green flip from her.

I find it extremely interesting she still doesn't know who the king-maker is. It's also somewhat interesting she put the king at the very bottom of her reads.

Still want a claim
I know who the kingmaker is, I just wasnt making any assumptions since it's not 100% confirmed and something that probably could be claimed without worry of being NKed. But I suppose it kinda already was claimed. (Also I'm still pretty mad at myself and on denial that I missed the claim :/)

I don't really see why being the king gives any credit towards being townread. Outside of the kingmaker obviously town reading them.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #522 (isolation #63) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 516, Starbuck wrote:Me either. I've been holding off on the execute because I wanted to make sure everyone got their chance to speak. Also, her whole "if you ask me for my claim, I'll give it" when I already said who my choices are and her general lack of reading comprehension is suspect.
I don't want to claim without actual intent to eliminate me. That's normal. And all I can say for reading comprehension is I've been tired and doing my best which isn't that great right now
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #535 (isolation #64) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:57 pm

Post by Raya36 »

State intent on one of us. If you're scum you could be trying to fish two claims. I'm not claiming until intent to eliminate is on just me. And Ydrasse shouldn't claim unless intent is on just her.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #538 (isolation #65) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Raya36 »

Alright. If your intent is on only me I'll claim. But reevaluate based on my claim before making someone else claim. If you are scum I don't want you forcing claims out of all the town
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #540 (isolation #66) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Raya36 »

Alright. I'm a cop. I get a guilty if the player is aligned with mafia and not guilty otherwise. I checked DoubleDare since he was my most uncertain read and got not guilty of course. (Which is why I was saying I was super annoyed that I missed the claim). That's also why I focused a lot on who would be aligned with the WWs and decided it's unlikely there are any more. That way I can check someone who I don't think is a ww and get a "false inno".
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #547 (isolation #67) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Raya36 »

I wasn't lying. I am a cop. Good luck guys. Be very careful of starbuck. Wish I played my role better
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #606 (isolation #68) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:30 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Good game everyone! This was a fun setup and thanks to Nexus for modding it!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”