texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:37 am

Post by texcat »

In post 1399, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1384, Taly wrote:you keep going VLA so much after making very little impassioned pushes/votes, and it feels like you wait until someone's going to be wagoned/potentially-lynched before you throw a vote down...
Also this just caught my eye. None of this is alignment indicative.
Being V/LA may not be AI, but I think waiting to vote/give reads until you see which way the wind is blowing is definitely a scum trait.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Do you scumread me then?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:20 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1397, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1395, Taly wrote:Give me a line of questions, that is easier for me to compile a list of thoughts and give you my thinking better.
Okay.
What are some quotes from Kopherald that make you think they are likely scum?
Why are those quotes more likely to come from scum?
I'll ISO
Kopherald
; and expand on why I don't like their posting today.

Spoiler: Quotes From Kopherald That I Think Could Be From Scum
In post 56, Kopherald wrote:
In post 47, Aneninen wrote:
In post 43, Shadpearl wrote: I'm actually appreciating Doomfeathers getting the game started and everyone talking. :] If we kill him, couldn't we wait for later?
If Doomfeathers is scum, Shadpearl is scum too, I guess.
Let's not forget that there is a SK in this game, so in reality, they both could be scum, but not on the same team.

So if your saying both are scum, I'm assuming your thinking along the lines of, possible team mates, one mafia, and one SK?

- Kop
What was the need in pointing this out?
In post 68, Kopherald wrote:
In post 67, Lalendra wrote:
In post 63, Kopherald wrote:Is vote parking on what is likely scum a superior strategy to actually scum hunting, though?

Its early and if this keeps up, Creature is obvscum but it's clear that pressure votes don't make him post as scum.

-Brass
Honestly it's less a pressure vote and more of a "this is the most likely scum for me as of right now" vote. Obviously I am still looking for scum, as it's
possible
Creature is town and there's another explanation - it's not likely though, based on my previous games with him. But I'm keeping my options open, which was the reason for the disclaimer with my vote. I don't want to speedlynch because if we do, we'll have less information to go off of (which is another likely reason he's not participating); I would have been more cautious with my vote if he was close to hammer but he's not.
This is good posting.
JaydragonKing wrote:Hey, I brought up the urge for someone to make an Avatar reference. You can atleast credit me for that.
This isn't great posting, but I did jump on the chance to make the Avatar joke. By the way, new theory maybe we are the air nomads? That being said, lots of people in this game are not doing anything yet.

-Brass
1)
States that
Lalendra
is making good posts, but doesn't elaborate why.
2)
States
JayDragonKing's
post is not good, with no reason, and with nothing but useless fluff.

Their thought process and views of the game are vague here.
In post 80, Kopherald wrote:
In post 79, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 77, Kopherald wrote:
In post 75, doomfeathers wrote:Ugh. I hate all four wagons.
You hate all four wagons, but you don't comment on Anienen (Pigeonman). Please explain.

-Brass
I don't think there's any good reason to wagon him; he hasn't looked particularly scummy that I remember, and his votes were just leftover RVS. I can examine him if you wish.
No need. I just found that odd.

-Brass
Finds something
doomfeathers
said as odd, after possibly townreading them? - He fence-sits about thinking of the realities of
doomfeathers
being town or scum, but makes little conclusion or stance after questioning him and talking to him here.
In post 222, Kopherald wrote:@profii, I wasn't saying we were going to find associatives with Creature if he was scum. I was saying that there are 3 other scum in the game that we need to find, and can lynch creature if he's going to be obvious based on his meta but still wait long enough to develop reads on other people.

I am also of the opinion that Creature is not Obvscum here. I have been told by several people with far more experience than I that this is his established meta on Mafiascum.

Also, I am also suspicious of Lalendra and have been since I realized she misrepped Creature.

I'm still on TGP though, I think now he's just upset probably because he'll insist I caught him "for the wrong reasons" or whatever scum caught early say.

FOS Lalendra

-Brass
1)
Isn't stating or referencing where
Lalendra
misrepped
Creature
2)
Despite saying
Lalendra
was making good posts, he FOS' her when her wagon was becoming prevalent.
3)
No vote? What is the purpose of this post? Just to point out a reason to suspect
Lalendra
?
In post 254, Kopherald wrote:I didn't realise A50 was so far in the voting counter. :yawn:

I haven't ISO'd everybody since I last said I would, I've got a free weekend coming up, so hopefully I can go through them.

- Kop
This is bothersome; this sounds like an apathetic approach toward a discussion-driving wagon on
Almost50
. Also, there's no follow up on any ISOs here.
In post 357, Kopherald wrote:
In post 195, TheGoldenParadox wrote:Here what I'm getting is a lot of people jumping on me at once, which seems extremely opportunistic.
Since this post, you've stated you hate this game, so I'm not really expecting a response. However, you've seen your wagon, and you think there is opportunism based on your wagon.

It would be nice for you to answer to the wagon, and actually pick apart your wagon, who do you feel is the opportunistic person on the wagon, and give us some thoughts, who do you think is possibly scum.

Because the more you leave it, the more I'm going to think this is caught scum and can't answer to it. The Brass head put the vote on you, from his previous experience with you, so I'm going off what he knows about you, but you aren't really convincing me that he (Brass) is wrong on this one. So up to now, I'm happy to keep the vote where it is.

- Kop
While it's good to sync with your hydra;
Kop
expresses no specific read on
TGP
himself, and he voteparks without looking at anyone else.
In post 363, Kopherald wrote:Right now, my lynchpool would be: TGP, Shad, Jay, Fitz, and Anen.

- Kop
This post is what makes seem bad alongside it.

There are only 4 potential scum within this setup, and here Kop creates a lynchpool of 5 people WITHOUT any questions, discussion points, votes, or anything beyond the fact that he's satsfied with voting and lynching TGP.

I feel like Kopherald, early-game, was literally sitting around while finding reasons to suspect people. There's really no post up to this point that suggests he has a townread or reasoning behind one beyond the lynchpool.
In post 549, Kopherald wrote:Hi, it's me, Brass, and I am here to share my infinite wisdom with you.
In post 548, Shadpearl wrote:There are so many replacements. Is this normal for big games?

I'm on my phone so no walls from me.

I like the idea of keeping pressure, but is it really going to do anything? It seems like vote pushing just isn't working. There are too many divided players and too many people throwing away their votes. Idk quite what to do about this. Never had this problem before.

I think Almost50 is crazy, lol. Although, from the outside looking in, his posts are perfect because I can't make up my mind if he's terrible scum or the ballsiest townie I've ever seen

Sando, I'm just new and town. Sorry. Not more exciting. You are welcome to wagon me. If it gets the game moving, it's all good I suppose. I'd like to be town together though.

In my opinion, Sando is basically the only person I currently DON'T think is a possible killer. And profii, on the outside.
2 semi-discovered!
13 to go!

Last Note, continuously hopping from one vote to another is tiresome.
I don't like this post.

Infinite Wisdom has been expended. I'll be back eventually.

-Brass
:igmeou: Very flippant way of discrediting
Shadpearl
here; he shows no reasoning and deems that his post is one that holds insight but the only motive for this post was to paint
Shadpearl
in a anti-town light without logical thinking.
In post 565, Kopherald wrote:
In post 564, JaydragonKing wrote:Jumped the gun there, Anen. Voting me for the joke vote on Almost seems like the weirdest reason to vote me.
He seems a bit weird in general.

Pigeonman would be an acceptable lynch from my viewpoint.

-Brass
1)
Notice how, despite his vote remaining on
TheGoldenParadox
;
Brass/Kop
are both pretty content with lynching 1/3rd of the playerlist?
2)
If
Kopherald
, or anyone, truly scumreads someone -
((I'm assuming
Kopherald
scumreads
JayDragonKing
here, because he's in the lynchpool))
- why is
Kopherald
not questioing
JayDragonKing's
sentiment on
Aneninen
?
3)
No notable stated stance on his reads or mentality.
In post 582, Kopherald wrote:And it seems that your also setting A50 up for the lynch too.

- Kop
In the ISO,
Kop
had a less memorable post directed to
profii
prior to this; and I don't quite know why
Kopherald
would make this statement?
In post 627, Kopherald wrote:Lynching one of the slots that left is the optimal play, both were being scum read pretty universally.

I still think TGP who asked to be replaced out 4 days ago, should be the lynch. For good measure, because I'm not positive we are voting.
VOTE: Paradox slot

-Brass
...This wasn't a new vote, but a revote.

Literally nothing has seemed to change about Kopherald's minimally-known read progression and discussion throughout D1, mostly reasoned out of activity, from what I've understood here.
In post 749, Kopherald wrote:
In post 746, Taly wrote:Happy that
Jay's
gone, he didn't truly contribute to the game and it's funny to think that the SK took him out.
You're only happy to see Jay gone because of no contribution to the game? That's just strange, Taly. Strange indeed.

But, seeing as how my read of TGP was so damn bad yesterday, I am reevaluating all reads based on content throughout day 2, and hopefully Kop-head can overcome me-head's tendency to lead to mislynches.

-Brass
-_-...

Apparently, when I push/vote someone due to no contribution in the game, it's straight.
((Which isn't my whole reasoning, because
Kopherald's
minimizing my thought on
JayDragonKing
here))

But when
Kopherald
wants to lynch an inactive slot, it's not odd to him.
In post 864, Kopherald wrote:VOTE: Havingfitz

I just don't like this slot, I know he's been V/LA a lot on day one, but since he's come back, he's done very little.

His vote on Jimmy is based on that hammer, and very little else. He hasn't taken a much of a stance in the time he's been here, and it's giving me a gut feeling that he isn't town.

I played with him in another game when he was the SK, and he offered a lot more.

- Kop
Kopherald's
stating what most of the playerlist already thinking of
JimmyUrineShot
, and places a potential SK or scumread on him? I don't get the meta thinking here.
In post 982, Kopherald wrote:So, I'm looking and I know lurking is scum!Creature's meta for Day 1. Is anyone familiar with Creature meta well enough to know what Day 2 lurking means because I am not?

Tonight was date night for me and the fiance but I don't want to be prodded, so thoughts on recent activity without going too in depth because I want to go to bed soon.

I get the profii push, I could get behind it. I feel like the voting Texcat for being on wagons yesterday is out of character for him as well.

I still want to leave a full read of havingfitz for Kop to do when he returns, but, I definitely agree with LUV's and I don't have much experience here, but fitz is really just being a non factor in this game. I don't see him making any real reads, I don't see much activity from him. Also, is super weird, like fitz is casing himself.

JimmyDisgustingName is absent, and I still do not see anything even resembling scum hunting from the slot, though, that seems to be because he hasn't posted in over 5 days. I don't know that this is AI, exactly, but this is not great.

I'm liking LUV, he has insight, he's pushing people, engaging in the limited discussions of the game.

The rest of you are still pretty cool. That being said, since I am the one here, and Kop is not.

VOTE: Profii since he pretty much says he'll only be useful if we vote him, I'd like him to put up or shut up.

-Brass
1)
Earlier in
Kopherald's
ISO, he states that
Creature
was most likely scum if he has little activity, but now, he's questioning
Creature's
D2 meta? Again, no clarity with the reads.

2)
Talks about
JimmyUrineShot
being anti-town, but doesn't vote there or say anything to gauge for discussion revolving around that...

3)
Why is this one of the first semi-explained townreads coming from this slot? This is almost 1000 posts in.

4)
Votes
profii
... to push him? I don't get what
"put up or shut up"
means, and I feel like this is a very mechanical response, I think
Kopherald's
wanting a wagon but he's not willing to hear
profii
out? I don't get the purpose of this vote or his read here.
In post 988, Kopherald wrote:
In post 984, profii wrote:Where did I say I’d be useful if you vote for me?
In post 979, profii wrote: 3 - will re read tomorrow, not really bothered right now - I know I’m play a weird game and it rubs people up the wrong way so Dunno - I generally only start caring about people voting me when it is game losing
I now realize I misread the second quote here. My apologies for that.

VOTE: Jimmy

He needs to be hanged or replaced, if the mod checks the thread again.

-Brass
:facepalm: What? Literally, the next post is a vote-hop toward
Jimmy
just because
Kopherald
misread something on
profii
? There were tons of reasons to suspect
profii
at this point, and
Kopherald
jumps off his wagon the moment it seems like he could.
In post 1037, Kopherald wrote:#55 pretty much sheeped my vote on Shad. Never got into further detail beyond that.

#57 Tried to look busy by picking up on my misworded post

#82 He claims to be taking stances and making observations, before that post, I see very little observations or stances taken.

#499 A complete overreaction to my post towards Creature, and voted me without a valid reason for a vote.

#587 V/LA Over, catching up on ongoing games. #589 a question mark towards A50, but nothing more for almost nearly 200 posts.

#775 A vote on Jimmy for that hammer, town lean on Shad. That's it. Promised a read from the beginning, again nothing more for nearly 200 posts.

#948 He claims my read on him is based on previous meta. It's not just down to that.

#950 Yet another promise, nothing backed up.

#970 A empty question.

#976 If it's low, why aren't you prodding questions, engaging in the game, instead of sitting on the fence.

That is pretty much what I see from his ISO. Empty promises, lack of content, no stances, no engaging, no observations.

VOTE: Havingfitz

I am aware that he has been V/LA for quite some time, but in the times he has been on, and posting in here, he hasn't done a great deal.
Again,
Kopherald's
inconsistent on his views toward voting inactive players; other people voting based on lack of contribution is odd, but a lot of his reason for voting
TheGoldenParadox
, and now
havingfitz
is activity... followed by saying
havingfitz
has taken no stances, and saying that havingfitz was overreacting to a post.

Does productive town EVER look at a post and think:
"This person's overreacting."
based on a vote?
In post 1087, Kopherald wrote:So, again another push of us from Ausuka without an actual case.

You are all objectively playing poorly today. You're listening to this "gut case" from someone who has not created a single actual case, but does do a really dumb read list once in a while without any reasoning. Taly asked us to respond to this case, which is just absurd. And a case has been posted about Havingfitz and you all decide to ignore it and say "No, it's because he's been inactive." So, I beg of you, if the town still wants to win, stop being idiots and actually look and think. Yes, hold us responsible for what we have done during the game, but don't just go on gut reads on day fucking 3! Day 3 where we have not lynched a single scum. Try to think logically with your head for a few minutes. Most of all, try to make a goddamned case against someone ANYONE even us. Otherwise, this game is as lost for us as I think it is.

And by the way, if trying to work with the rest of the town to look for lynches is "actively opportunistic" then I'm always fucking "actively opportunistic". That's how you fucking play mafia, you try to develop reads and lynch them, sometimes you're wrong, and that's okay. But, at least we're trying and not just saying that it's a "gut read" and "anyone can see it if they look at the stuff I saw" even though you don't bother actually building a case. That's why I said yesterday that Ausuka was scum, and that's why I still believe it, but we have a case for fitz up and out in the open, so we are pursuing that and that alone today. But, you all follow the one who hasn't actually posted any analysis the whole game.

-Brass (probably for the last time)
The worst post in the game is here.

1)
Shades the playerlist saying we're all playing poorly.
2)
Demeans a case without really stating why they feel that way.
3)
THINKS IT'S ABSURD THAT I ASKED THEM A QUESTION.
Somehow, it's odd that I ask a question while he states we should all be trying to progress it to game solve?
4)
Seriously, this is the first time I heard
Kopherald
discuss
Ausuka
, and he's saying he thought she was scum since yesterday BECAUSE of her push on him? This is blatantly trying to derail a valid argument while feigning emotion.
5)
Refers to
Ausuka
as "the one who hasn't actually posted any analysis the whole game", which is false, because
Ausuka's
had more content in half of her posts than
Kopherald
has had most of the game... and then further iterates his "problem" with the playerlist by saying we're all following her.
In post 1090, Kopherald wrote:
In post 1089, Ausuka wrote:Not to mention, I'm the only one even voting you.
I have no idea how a player who is actually reading the thread posts 1087.
And the rest of the game, you have been voting with zero analysis. Just making your read lists and voting.

I am saying today it's a gut read, but I have seen nothing in terms of actual thoughts coming from your slot. I don't care if today the flavor is gut reading or not, but you have shown no analysis.

If I'm still being unclear, the point is that you have not posted a thought process at any point in the game from what I can tell. I'm not saying you have only been voting your gut reads this whole game, but this is the first time I have seen any reasoning at all for your votes, and it's "gut says so"

-Brass
Honestly, I think
Ausuka's
completely right here.

Anyone who doesn't see what I'm meaning? ISO
Ausuka
, and watch as all of
Kopherald's
accusations and reasons crumble.
In post 1104, Kopherald wrote:
In post 1103, Kop wrote:
In post 1097, havingfitz wrote:VOTE: Profii
WTF is this? A naked vote.
I mean seriously.

- Kop
-_- Naked voted aren't inherently scummy, not without stated reasoning; and there's no assessment being provided here.
In post 1117, Kopherald wrote:Fitz is on 3 votes, Profii is on 3 votes, Fitz votes for the next vanity wagon to over take himself, Almost50 votes for Profii and puts him at L-1.

Why would Fitz vote for the next biggest wagon? Without a valid reason or any reason at all.

It's nothing but a survivalist vote. Scummy.

- Kop
Oh look, a reason 20 posts after.
In post 1309, Kopherald wrote:I've spoke with Brass a little bit over the past few days whilst we were waiting for day to come round. And we both said what was going to happen, and that it has happened. Scum have clearly seen there was suspicion aimed at us before the previous day ended, and have directed there kills to further strengthen that suspicion pointing to us.

We have also discussed a little bit, and both agreed scum is within Fitz/Ausuka and a outside chance of Texcat.

- Kop
Ugh...
1)
There's 2 scum in the game, not 3. No motivation to try and see who could be town in his little pool.
2)
Is this the first time he's ever mentioned
texcat
? Why does he think she's scum?
3)
Ignores my initial posts on him being scum, and states that he's being framed for kills, presumably after seeing my case... and says that scum is doing this... but continues to discuss that scum is within
Fitz/Ausuka
; people he's already scumread, and he's provided no insight into how hydra has agreed on them being scum.
In post 1317, Kopherald wrote:So, on the Taly case, I think lots of confirmation bias is going on. Taly truly believes we are scum, and any explanations we give to anything that is brought up has already been ignored to accentuate the conclusion.

Personally, that's why I'm not chomping at the bit to post here, it feels useless if people are just going to use something I've already spoken about with plenty of detail, like my lack of withdrawing the flavor leaf vote after his claim, to make a case and town's just going to follow the case. I've had my say, and people have shown a remarkable ability to ignore it and forget about it. I'm pretty sure this is an SK win at this point anyway because I think SK knows who the last scum is but scum doesn't know who the SK is.

I'll lay our vote down for Fitz here and move on because no matter how many times we post our case, it bending l becomes that we haven't posted a case on them and I'm tired of putting in efforts that are going to be ignored.

VOTE: Fitz
In post 1346, Kopherald wrote: shows the confirmation bias I was talking about.

I mean, whatever we do just proves to Taly that we are scum. That's why I'm not going to waste my time responding to cases when he's clearly just under extreme confirmation bias. It's a pretty decent case if you only focus on the things he says and nothing else that we have said the entire game. Like, seriously Taly, fuck off. I'm not wasting my time responding to you when you have shown repeatedly that it won't matter. You made your point, you're wrong, I'm done with it. We'vce expanded on the havingfitz case weeks ago, I explained the no unvote for Flavour Leaf weeks ago. That's two points you have ignored, why should I put my time and energy into any other responses when my responses have already gone ignored?

No matter how many times I hit my head against a goddamned wall, my head is breaking before the wall, and that's what it feels like at this point.

-Brass
In post 1380, Kopherald wrote: is also the first time fitz has really done ANYTHING resembling a read. Check his ISO.

He's now suspecting literally everyone without once making a case or a read before today.

-Brass
I already tore up these 3 posts.

1)
Kopherald
is dismissing me by saying I'm being misled and that I'm now stuck in 'conf-bias' against him.
2)
Kopherald
makes absolutely no attempts to clarify his reads on me, and anyone beyond
Fitz/Ausuka/texcat

3)
Despite me being so terribly wrong, he doesn't fight my case, and he doesn't try to tell me more about his perspective IF he thinks I'm town.
4)
Focusing a lot of his effort in havingfitz now...
5)
Tells me to fuck off; even though I'm actively trying to engage with him. He's just saying I'm wrong and that it's no big deal, but he's not helping anything at all if he's truly town.

:facepalm:... I don't understand how this COULD be town.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:20 am

Post by Taly »

ISO on
havingfitz

Spoiler: How I Think Havingfitz Could Be Scum From These Posts
In post 15, havingfitz wrote:btw
mod...I'm v/LA now until Mar 13th.

I'll be able to keep up via phone, and post somewhat...but will definitely be less active.
1st time VLA.
In post 55, havingfitz wrote:
In post 51, Kopherald wrote:However, Shad has pinged my radar,
His lone post pings me as well. If doomfeather seems town to him why would he suggest saving doom to vote for later?

VOTE: Shadpearl
Seems like an easy vote?... There was more discussion beyond Shadpearl here.

1)
I don't know where he's going with the reply to
Creature
; I just don't see him making any judgments.

2)
Does not explain the
Creature
meta to me, or his thoughts revolving around that.
In post 487, havingfitz wrote:
In post 455, Kopherald wrote:Furthermore, why has the mod not prodded fitz, despite his VLA status? Whether he is scum or town, it is bad for the game if he's going to join and not be able to post at all for 2 weeks.
@Mod looking forward to your response

-Brass
Where are you getting two weeks from?

I'm still v/la...the snowstorm in NE is delaying my return till Thursday morning.

I'll try to catch up on my reading asap.
Till then....
UNVOTE:
2nd time noting his VLA, with not other content here.
In post 499, havingfitz wrote:
In post 496, Kopherald wrote:
In post 429, Creature wrote:VOTE: havingfitz

Would policy lynch someone who gets away five days without being poked.
Might be something or nothing, but posting in a PT would that avoid a poke?

- Kop
Wow... brass I could see asking this question but not Kop.

For someone so concerned with my v/la and whether I should have been prodded during it (WTF!?) you'd think you could answer my question to you above.

VOTE: Kopherald
What question was this again? Why is it so bad for Kop to ask this question?
In post 587, havingfitz wrote:V/la over. Catching up with my ongoing games today.
Another post where he says he'll catch up...
In post 775, havingfitz wrote:VOTE: Jimmy for that hammer.

Lean town on Shad.

I need to reread game from beginning. Too much time away from this game.
...Literally nothing else notable in his ISO from this post to the last post... 200 posts ago.
In post 807, havingfitz wrote:Zzzzzzz. No comment.
I forgot I had this quote until I previewed because of how useless it was.
In post 827, havingfitz wrote:
V/la till Monday morning.
3rd time going VLA.
In post 922, havingfitz wrote:
In post 833, Ausuka wrote:
In post 811, havingfitz wrote:
In post 795, havingfitz wrote:
In post 783, Ausuka wrote:shadpearl is town for this so
how?
In post 782, davesaz wrote:
Replacing Mathdino.
Please do not speculate on the events which led to it.
Sooooo....no town pass for Shad. Got it.
Talks nothing about his own thoughts over
Shadpearl
In post 924, havingfitz wrote:
In post 879, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:What makes you think scum would blatantly contradict themselves like that? Why didn’t you ask him to clarify what he meant?
I don't like contradictions.
For early game non rvs pressure I'm fine using it for a vote.
I didn't ask because I didn't care for a reason.
Weak reason to scumread someone, and he openly admits that he doesn't need a reason or anything to clarify his perceptions prior to a vote.
In post 947, havingfitz wrote:
In post 945, Aneninen wrote:A quick thought.
I found it weird that Havingfits had asked about my V/LA.
He'd hardly done anything. Why was it that important? I'm not an important player here anyway.
Did you have a question for me?

You appear to be rambling on with yourself.
This post just serves to make
Aneninen
seem ineffective, and
havingfitz
isn't even trying to engage with
Aneninen
in conversation.
In post 948, havingfitz wrote:
In post 946, Kopherald wrote:I'm still happy with my vote on Fitz.
Because I'm not playing like I did in a game where I was an sk?

If you're going to rely on meta for your gut reads on me you could at least look at gsmes we've played where I was scum (Open 674 & mini 1653). I don't think those games will apply to this one but they'd probably be better than an sk game. You could also peruse the several town games we've been in.
Is this
havingfitz's
only defense for himself?
In post 950, havingfitz wrote:
In post 944, Almost50 wrote:The game has come to a stagnation.. again
Qft.

I haven't got a lot of room to talk but things have ground to a halt it seems.

6 days is still time to lynch elsewhere if a promising wagon develops but that would involve people participating.

I'll try to get refreshed on the game over the next few days and do a few isos...give expanded reads. Etc etc.
We're all still waiting for these expanded reads.
In post 961, havingfitz wrote:
In post 959, Aneninen wrote:HavingFitz, may be scum.
But he isn't.

Why would you think so?
:igmeou: Just like most responses
havingfitz
gives to someone; they're very dodgy, and he asks questions, but doesn't deliver with his own insights or beliefs.

He's playing very quietly, absorbing information, and then searching for fallacies in someone else without letting his thoughts be known.
In post 964, havingfitz wrote:
In post 962, Shadpearl wrote:
In post 961, havingfitz wrote:
In post 959, Aneninen wrote:HavingFitz, may be scum.
But he isn't.

Why would you think so?
I think it's the lack of posting? Or maybe the lack of reads, just judging by what people have been saying.

No one has any commentary on Creature possibly being the SK? x) I thought that was such a great theory, lol.
Hi Shad. Good to see you posting.

The question was for Aneninen...not for you.

Despite being v/LA a good portion of this game I have posted more than a few players...yourself included. texcat. Jimmy. And I've given a few reads out. I've stated at least one town read and indicated a least two players I suspect. So I've given reads on a quarter of the remaining players without really even trying.

A few bonus reads for you...pre-refresh + ISOs....I lean not mafia on Luv and A50. And Creature. As for Creature being an SK....I do not SK hunt until I have to.
1)
Since someone
(Shadpearl)
messaged
havingfitz
and not who
havingfitz
wanted to post to him,
Aneninen
; he doesn't really respond to
Shadpearl's
prompt.

2)
Gives no reasoning for reads. Puts more emphasis that he's given more people to suspect than townread.

3)
Does not care to SK hunt, because...? It's good that town gets 2 people NKed in one night?

4)
Openly admits he's not trying on his reads.

5)
Likes to state how, despite being VLA longer, he's posted MORE than other players... even though 3 of my posts in this game have outweighed his entire ISO in content.
In post 970, havingfitz wrote:
In post 969, Sando wrote:I'd put money on a Profii scumflip meaning a Fitz scumflip too
Where are you dreaming this up from?
Another dodgy, discredit-type response that doesn't serve to give any of his thoughts, or logically debunk another person's.
In post 1076, havingfitz wrote:First check-in since last week (weekend + Easter).

I'm confined to phone use for the immediate future so comments will be short/limited.

I see I'm getting wagoned.... wtf?

Why? Low activity + v/la's?

I'll try to get read up today and post asap.
4th time mentioning he's been VLA and inattentive.
This was when
profii
was soon to be hammered, and there's no reasoning here.
In post 1108, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1103, Kop wrote:
WTF is this? A naked vote.
Yes.
This guy really loves to minimize everything and then not talk about it.
In post 1110, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1107, Kopherald wrote:eats rope
The phrase "eats rope" is a scum slip.

Also...do you have any issues with the others voting profii?
1)
The supposed "scumslip" havingfitz claimed on Kopherald was probably the most reachy argument in this entire game.

2)
Diverting discussion from himself.
In post 1157, havingfitz wrote:UNVOTE: for claim + results.

Would vote Shad but not sure what count is so I'll hold off for now.
Unvotes because of a result+claim, but doesn't vote
Shadpearl,
even though he's not paying attention to the game VC?
In post 1210, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1206, Kopherald wrote:This is also hilarious to me. Two other people have made comprehensive posts about fitz looking like scum, and seemingly, he wants to ignore those two acting like he'll respond to this one.
Actually I'm typing up a response to some of your post right now.

Who was the other "comprehensive" post from?
Where was this response? It never happened.
In post 1316, havingfitz wrote:Post weekend check in. Catching up asap.
Oh look, another point where he states he's had such low activity.
In post 1319, havingfitz wrote:So just some random non read-through based VCA musings from my phone....

I don't think (in order of conviction) that A50, Asuka or texcat are likely to be the last mafia based on their efforts towards profii.
I lean against Shad being the last mafia slightly based on their profii vote but moreso for profii's commitment towards Shad.
I lean least against Taly being the last mafia slightly based on their profii. I do think they are a decent candidate for bussing profii in combination with profii's brief, harmless, Taly vote yesterday.
Most likely to be the last mafia (in order of conviction) would be Kopherald, Something Special or the aforementioned Taly.

As for SKs...I think they are likely to be aggressive in their hunting for mafia (with town) but also not too bothered at anyone other than themselves being the eventual lynch. So I think there is a decent chance the SK is on both lynches. This filter would (in order of conviction) point to A50, texcat, Asuka and Shad.

To reiterate...

I think the last mafia (in order of conviction) is Kopherald, Something Special or the aforementioned Taly.
I think the sk (in order of conviction) is within A50, texcat, Asuka and Shad.

Further reading, and re-reading, as this day progresses will hopefully result in stronger reads for each scum.
In post 1325, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1321, Almost50 wrote:You want Kop lynched but you don't want to be held responsible just in case he is Town,
What are you talking about? My previous comments are based on what has happened up to this point. Iirc I've had a town lean on Kop till now. A second scum lynch chsnges that read imo. And I expect I'll vote KH shortly...just phone posting and the day just starting has me in no rush to vote.
In post 1373, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1343, Taly wrote:Of course you'd want the day to last as long as possible.

You have no townreads. -_-
The post you quote was one of the first I'd made this gameday...and not being terribly confident about any reads...why rush things.

My reads this game are a sliding scale of suspicion. If you want to know who I think is most likely town invert the reads I provided.

And I'm not trying to ignore anything. If you have something you really wanted a response on repost it....succintly if possible.
In post 1382, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1380, Kopherald wrote:1319 is also the first time fitz has really done ANYTHING resembling a read. Check his ISO
I vote players I suspect. I.e. votes are reads. I give a read on Shad (55) and Jimmy (775). And you (499).
In post 1380, Kopherald wrote:He's now suspecting literally everyone without once making a case or a read before today.
While this is technically true...it's a bit misreppish as the people I have near the end of my lists equate to town reads.

I'm travelling the rest of today so essentially ~v/la soon.

I'm tired of Brass' bravado and the hydra's play in general.

These posts for the day truly do not serve anything but to fill air, for the most part.

YAY! This is like, the 5th or 6th time he brings up going VLA?

Wait, where's his VLA slash thingy? Hmmmm.... Is he TRULY VLA, or is he just avoiding conversation?

I already discussed how bad his other posts today were, his lynchpool is everyone but himself, and that's completely in sync with his entire gameplay.

He's the epitome of playing survivalistically.

In post 1399, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1384, Taly wrote:you keep going VLA so much after making very little impassioned pushes/votes, and it feels like you wait until someone's going to be wagoned/potentially-lynched before you throw a vote down...
Also this just caught my eye. None of this is alignment indicative.
I mean, if
havingfitz
wants to point out how low he's participating by his own standards; then why is he even playing in this game?

He's posting at optimal and convenient times for him to vote someone without much reasoning. Plus, his responses in the game, I've already stated, have been very dodgy. I just don't see how this is coming from town at this point.

Havingfitz
is also mostly available when he's getting scumread.

This can't be just laid-back town, this is an avoidant scum.

It's like
Kopherald
, but less in your face, and tries to avoid things rather than discredit them more.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Taly »

I'll only move my vote if it is to hammer
havingfitz
today.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:22 am

Post by Taly »

But that doesn't change my
Kopherald
scumread.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

FTR, long days with minimal activity tend to bore me to the bone. I'd hammer myself if that's what we need to end the day!

P.S. If I ever get to mod games of my own design the deadlines will be 7 days at max.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Ausuka »

I feel like if we lynch fitz and kopherald the game is just over and we're just wasting our time right now. I'm not going to change my mind unless I see one of them flip town, full stop.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1406, Almost50 wrote:FTR, long days with minimal activity tend to bore me to the bone. I'd hammer myself if that's what we need to end the day!

P.S. If I ever get to mod games of my own design the deadlines will be 7 days at max.
Hammer
Kopherald
if you believe there's validity in the multiple cases I've launched onto him.
In post 1407, Ausuka wrote:I feel like if we lynch fitz and kopherald the game is just over and we're just wasting our time right now. I'm not going to change my mind unless I see one of them flip town, full stop.
Honestly, I have the same thought process here.
Kopherald
Kopherald
Goon
Kopherald
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:50 am

Post by Kopherald »

In post 1407, Ausuka wrote:I feel like if we lynch fitz and kopherald the game is just over and we're just wasting our time right now. I'm not going to change my mind unless I see one of them flip town, full stop.
Fuck this game, change your reads after you read our VT role card.

Or town could just lynch in the actual scum. I'm done, you are all bad at scumhunting.

-Guess who this is.
Hydra of Kop and Brassherald
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:55 am

Post by Taly »

Kopherald
did what I expected him to.

Yeah, self-hammering as town will put us at a 3-1-1 mylo most likely, so I'm sure this is a scumlynch.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:00 am

Post by Ausuka »

No, that makes them very likely to be town and it's likely fitz/tex imo, though I could be wrong.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Taly »

Ausuka wrote:No, that makes them very likely to be town and it's likely fitz/tex imo, though I could be wrong.
If
Kopherald
flips town, then I am completely speechless.

~~~

However, if
Kopherald
flips scum, and assuming a successful NK, there will be 5 town and 1 scum and/or SK left.

So town has bought themselves a day here.

In this reality,
havingfitz
should be near auto-lynch level.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1410, Taly wrote:
Kopherald

Yeah, self-hammering as town will put us at a 3-1-1 mylo most likely, so I'm sure this is a scumlynch.
Why would a lone scumster (be tha a SK or the last Mafioso) self-hammer? That is explicitly playing against one's own wincon.

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:06 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1413, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1410, Taly wrote:
Kopherald

Why would a lone scumster (be tha a SK or the last Mafioso) self-hammer? That is explicitly playing against one's own wincon.
Can't the same thing be said if he were town?

I just don't understand why
town-Kopherald
would never really address my points and have such an apathetic perspective on the game.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:06 am

Post by Ausuka »

That play pretty much only comes from town and I think that's what we've got to prepare for. I agree that fitz is a good lynch but we aren't auto lynching anyone, at least if I live.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:07 am

Post by Taly »

Well yeah, if
Kopherald
flips town, we need to reevaluate our reads, and I'll be far more thoughtful in my reads, but I still think
havingfitz
is likely scum.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:10 am

Post by brassherald »

We're flipping town. No reason for me to lie now, if I just lynched as mafia it would have been against my wincon, also as SK. I won't self lynch as last in a faction, because I play to win.

Maybe you would choose to self hammer as last scum, but I'm not dumb.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:11 am

Post by Taly »

I would never self hammer or self vote, regardless of my alignment.

...Seriously, if you're town then I don't understand what your gameplay and I'm sorry.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1418, Taly wrote:I would never self hammer or self vote, regardless of my alignment.

...Seriously, if you're town then I don't understand what your gameplay and I'm sorry.
I do, and it happens out of frustration. I may self-hammer as scum to prevent further association with teammates, but never as the last/lone scum. However, I'd do that as Town (except if we were already in LyLo/MyLo) out of frustration or to objectively remove myself as a distraction.

@brass: Last reads, please?

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:28 am

Post by Taly »

I'm going to be so upset at a townflip. :/ Genuinely.

I suck at mafia.
There better not be a townflip.
Why didn't anyone elaborate on their thoughts on not wanting to lynch
Kopherald
?
I suck at mafia.
This is another reason why I didn't want to survive this long in the game.
Why didn't a lot of people elaborate on their independent thoughts on
Kopherald, havingfitz, and texcat
?
I suck at mafia.
I'm taking
Almost50's
advice; except I'm taking out all of the obscenities and posting my thoughts.
WHY DID YOU SELF-HAMMER
KOPHERALD
?
I suck at mafia.
I'm going to be so frustrated with myself if I'm wrong.
Why did nobody take more time to look at my cases and respond to them?
I suck at mafia.
All of that hard work, and it most of it will fly out of the window upon a townflip.

I suck at mafia.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 1419, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1418, Taly wrote:I would never self hammer or self vote, regardless of my alignment.

I do, and it happens out of frustration. I may self-hammer as scum to prevent further association with teammates, but never as the last/lone scum. However, I'd do that as Town (except if we were already in LyLo/MyLo) out of frustration or to objectively remove myself as a distraction.

@brass: Last reads, please?
I think the last two are in Fitz/Ausuka/Texcat, still.

I've also had suspicions of you as possible SK, but I don't feel like you have been playing as one, just mechanically based on the claim Day 1, but that's my tinfoil habit.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

:lol:

You don't suck at Mafia. You just made a mistake. However, you are being obv-town (if you are town that' good, and if you are scum that's even better) :P

I made it clear that I didn't trust texcat. PoE lead me to believe one of Kop/fitz might be scum indeed, so I wasn't about to fight against the lynch tooth an nail, but I always kept texcat as an option bc I feel she's been playing withing her scum range.

P-edit: LOL, OK. When you've played more with me you might learn to read me when I'm town (and trying to obv-town) ;)

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:42 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 1422, Almost50 wrote::lol:

You don't suck at Mafia. You just made a mistake. However, you are being obv-town (if you are town that' good, and if you are scum that's even better) :P

I made it clear that I didn't trust texcat. PoE lead me to believe one of Kop/fitz might be scum indeed, so I wasn't about to fight against the lynch tooth an nail, but I always kept texcat as an option bc I feel she's been playing withing her scum range.

P-edit: LOL, OK. When you've played more with me you might learn to read me when I'm town (and trying to obv-town) ;)
By play you are obv town, its a mechanics tin foil.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Taly »

Yeah, I was thinking
texcat
wasn't really town, and I didn't like their vote onto
Kopherald

But there was no way of knowing who was likely what alignment without a flip, and based on previous days, and how I built the reasons in my head; a
Kopherald
lynch seemed to be the most likely to flip scum.

I kind of just want to be NKed though... if nothing else but to avoid another cascade of potential WIFOM around my slot.

But I'm not having high hopes at this point.

I'm sorry again,
Kopherald
! Nothing personal :D

Return to “Completed Open Games”