Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Jingle »

Everyone target SGBA tonight and claim your results FIRST THING tomorrow.

NO ONE UPDATE THE GRAPH UNTIL ALL RESULTS ARE IN. DECIDE HOW TO SPLIT INVESTIGATES TOMORROW BASED ON WHICH OF INNO's and GUILTIES GET MORE RESULTS. YOU'RE LOOKING TO NARROW DOWN RANDOM/NOT RANDOM. PARANOID/SANE/INSANE/NAIVE WILL TAKE MULTIPLE DAYS.
This is a Parachute.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 10:50 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1198, Stop Getting Banned Again wrote:
In post 1196, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 1195, Stop Getting Banned Again wrote:
In post 1192, Nosferatu wrote:wait i actually did not know he was in hammer range i thought everyone jumped ship to penguin
Distancing already, I see. ~tn5421
don't be a headass

ive actually never even hammered before
"Oh, woe is me, I didn't
mean it
"

Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

~tn5421
yeah fuck you too asshole
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 10:51 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1182, Jingle wrote:"I think Porkens is being too survivalistic, let me hammer him before people can discuss whether I'm a viable wagon in a plurality setup."
it had already been discussed

there are like 4 people openly scumreading me and I've had like 2 wagons today
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 10:53 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.Final
PenguinPower (1)
Porkens (7)

Titus (3)
, , ,
Nosferatu (2)
, ,

Day one deadline is Wednesday May 9, 6 PM PST. (expired on 2018-05-09 18:00:00)

With 13 alive it takes 7to lynch!
[/size]

Mod Note: This looks correct but I haven't validated. I will do so within the next couple hours and either post flip or unlock thread.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Porkens was lynched. He was

Spoiler:
Town Cop

Night one deadline is Thursday May 10, 6 PM PST. (expired on 2018-05-10 18:00:00). Please PM me your intended night actions.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Ginngie was killed. She was

Spoiler:
Town Cop

Day two deadline is Thursday May 24, 6 PM PST. (expired on 2018-05-24 18:00:00). With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch!
Show
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

i got scum on sgba.
Art is cool.
eddie
eddie
Goon
eddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by eddie »

town sgba
eddie cane & schadd
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Punreader »

Scum result SGBA.
Let me give an Alternative perspective.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by Punreader »

If this breaks the plan, apologies.
VOTE: Titus.
I'm keeping commentary back as a precaution.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Town result on SGBA
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1209, Punreader wrote:If this breaks the plan, apologies.
VOTE: Titus.
I'm keeping commentary back as a precaution.
Maybe just don't do anything for now...
<(") | (")>
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Gorkington »

scum on sgba
trash
Stop Getting Banned Again
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by Stop Getting Banned Again »

We couldn't investigate ourselves, so we targetted Jingle.

Report said scum.

~tn5421
The instructions were very clear, rb.
Hydra of vonflare, GuyInFreezer, Annadog40, xyzzy, mcmenno, korina, randomidget, Who, ausuka, creature, the worst, tn5421, greenliquid, not_mafia, TheGoldenParadox, CooLDoG, AnonymousGhost, srceenplay, ConManMick, RedFlavor, and aristophanes.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Also, I said I was gonna untangle and post this, so here it is.

Spoiler: Nosferatu's Wallpost, post 669
I'm not going to say I've made every single read as clear as day or whatever, but a lot of them are kind of implied... If I criticize a post and then I later say that I think the slot that made the post is scum, I would think it's pretty obvious how I got there.

I'm not really the type to systematically pump out reads with supporting evidence like I'm writing a middle-school essay, so this comes up pretty often and I feel like I have to read this post every game I play (oddly enough never in a scum game despite the fact that I'm fairly sure that I've actually gotten so shitty at town that they're basically identical) so I suppose I'll just make a slightly longer post than usual since I'm kinda tired, both in the physical sense and tired of endlessly having to respond to this.

And while I digress, I'm aware that I could just change my playstyle to avoid having to do this, probably better my town game, and such and such, I guess I'm just stubborn and I feel special by doing this, and since I'm a hormonal teenager, being a special snowflake is much better than being an efficient one; although this is a poor analogy because what the fuck does being an efficient snowflake mean?
I talk too much when given the motive and opportunity.
Anyhow back to the point a pretty common way of playing the game would pushing out a readslist something to the effect of the playlist printed vertically, with a short (or long, depends on your definition and the verbosity of the player) paragraph that basically explains not only a general feel they get from a player, but also why said player is where they are in the list, maybe some posts for supplementary evidence, and the occasional reaction image.

I used to do this a lot, and I also criticized players like ranger who literally just posted a page number and an accompanying readslist (with nothing other than stratified brackets mind you); in fact in a game a few years ago I remember writing a somewhat unnecessarily aggressive condemnation of Ranger's playstyle and how difficult it was to read her because of it.
I've since come around to that playstyle and I even have adopted parts of it, including the readslist formatting that I once oh, so despised, and a big reason for that is that since doing so I feel like the style of posting a super bloated readslist with proper explanations and evidence followed by a vote on the scum read with either the biggest wagon or the lowest trustworthiness isn't a particularly townie thing to do and thus loses a bit of the reasoning for why you would do so.

One of the reasons that format has become so widespread on this site and the (dead) one that I came from, is the idea that it is the way to state your reads the clearest, and while it does do that, the nature of the list is such that it's rather hard to replicate several times over the course of a game, and just devolves in quality as time goes on.
I've observed that most people make about one or two large posts like that in a game, usually day one or two, and the rest of the game is spend with much smaller posts in comparison with a lot less detail.

It gives itself to a style of playing where your posts are just devolved into comments and referring to that big wall you made on D1, until you make your next one on D4 or D5, which doesn't really carry the same weight and is often a hyper-focused case on one player in particular.
With the whole list revolving around cramming as much evidence as possible to support as many reads as you can manage, the game doesn't flow as organically to me and I feel like I end up playing where I'm forming reads on a player and then looking for evidence to support that, which became a very unnatural process to me, and I felt like my town game was suffering.
An additional reason as to why I don't do that any more, is that I like to post one or two readslists per day if I'm not too lazy, and simple stratified brackets are the simplest way to do so.

Over the course of the game, posting multiple readslists makes an ISO easier to follow in a read-sense, which is what I feel most people (at least I am) are looking for in the first place; which I suppose makes me somewhat guilty of pushing my preferences onto others.
I suppose I'm just giving my reasoning for doing that anyway. While they do leave out a lot of information, as I said in a post before and what was supposed to be the main idea of this entire rant was that I think that a lot of the information in a lot of readslists are often superfluous and bloating to make the post seem "meaty" enough.
Like how much can you possibly say about one person that you couldn't say by just quoting posts and giving your opinion on those posts directly.

My biggest problem, I've noticed this is both in real life and in this game, is that I have apparently very different ideas of what can and cannot be inferred than other people, and so my train of thought seems to be incomplete to others, and I don't exactly know how to fix this, and so it ends up where I say less than what was expected, but since it was expected the first response isn't to ask me, but rather to assume that the thought itself is incomplete, which I can't fault someone for.

I'm rambling, but back to my initial description of the usual M.O. as a middle-school essay, you can see how well I'm doing with staying on point in this rant.
It's actually kind of presumptuous for me to even call what I've been doing a "style" since it's pretty much me just being lazy.

Another reason that I am reluctant to admit is that I admire people who can speak laconically, since I can't really do that and I'm always just about 3 seconds to launching into a 30 minute tirade in response to a yes-no question, so I try to limit myself to one-liners, but it often functions as a post-restriction in the sense that it just obfuscates what I'm thinking at times, but if I just posted what I was thinking in a stream-of-consciousness way that one would expect to be clearer, I still can't stop myself from making what could only be perceived as incomplete thoughts and random jumps, which would just be subjecting everyone I play with to essentially reading Finnegans Wake every post, which I think would be annoying.

Since I'm just personally unwilling to even remember how I was going to finish that first point of yours (it's a miracle I even remember that this was in response to something), I still haven't delved into the second point, which I also encounter fairly often, that I don't engage anyone.
I do find this point somewhat untruthful, since I think that I actually have engaged with at least one person this game (I'm not going to lie and say it's more than one), one thing that I never do is engage my scumreads, and this is because most of the time I don't really have anything to say to them.

To be completely sure I'm not even entirely sure why everyone else engages their scumreads.
My initial assumption would be to defeat them in some sort of verbal warfare, but that just devolves into animosity and frustration, and I guess that you could push someone to the breaking point with that, but someone's role pm hardly has anything to do with how well they can deal with or win an argument.
I also can't speak for others, but I know that most of the time I do talk to my scum reads, I rarely find myself trying to prove my read wrong, so I end up just proving myself right in my head and tunneling on one person for something which objectively speaking is completely random or nit-picky.

I've just gotten to the point where I feel like directly engaging your scum read is just reinforcing a confirmation bias and removes a sense of objectivity that I just like to have in general.
Objectivity is something that I really like as a concept, and I always want to try my best to achieve that, although I know that I don't, since I can act rather illogically and hypocritically at times.

But in the spirit of objectivity, I tend to get my reads from reading the interactions between people that do have something to say to each other, rather than just asking pointed or useless questions that don't actually change my read in anyway.
This is something that I'd actually like to get better at, although I make zero effort in doing so because...reasons... So I guess that's just how teenage years go, the desire to improve and be better, while simultaneously too lazy to come around to a different point of view or put in the work to get what you want.
I probably won't change, and I could have just pointed you to another game where someone made this exact post, so I guess this is a good example of a superfluous explanation of something.

TL;DR You've got a point there tbh.

The only modifications I have made are to newline after every period, and start a new paragraph where I think it's thematically appropriate.

Also, have a vote.
VOTE: Nosferatu

~tn5421
Hydra of vonflare, GuyInFreezer, Annadog40, xyzzy, mcmenno, korina, randomidget, Who, ausuka, creature, the worst, tn5421, greenliquid, not_mafia, TheGoldenParadox, CooLDoG, AnonymousGhost, srceenplay, ConManMick, RedFlavor, and aristophanes.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1206, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:i got scum on sgba.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by Almost50 »

My check on SGBA returned Town

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Jingle »

Town result.
In post 1211, PenguinPower wrote:Maybe just don't do anything for now...
We can talk about things that aren't results or plans now, although obv no one should hammer or put anyone in hammer range before I can talk at length.

I can't talk at length until at least Saturday, more likely Sunday.

@smith: V/LA until Saturday.
This is a Parachute.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Stop
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Punreader »

In post 1217, Jingle wrote:We can talk about things that aren't results or plans now, although obv no one should hammer or put anyone in hammer range before I can talk at length.
Well in that case.

The Ginngie kill is strange. If you iso her, there are four possible conclusions to come from it.
  1. I am pun who killed her. (I personally know this to not be the case. Unfortunately since I have no proof, that means I may need to be lynched before lylo.)
  2. Someone who is pun in this game knows I would killer her as pun and decided to frame me for it in spite of me playing on an alt. (I will list the players who could do this in a moment. It is a very short list.)
  3. Someone who is pun in this game has experience with her to know of her skills.
  4. Or someone who is pun off of the content she posted felt threatened.
Let's go off of these in reverse order.

The only player who Ginngie really pushed this game as pun with any strength is Titus; if you look at her iso, it is fairly apparent that she was pushing Titus harder than any other player. This would make Titus pun. I find this the most likely.

The list of players with experience with Ginngie is PenguinPower, Gorkington, Nosferatu, eddie, and Titus. In which case, within those 5 names you have a minimum of 1 scum, potentially up to three. This would give Titus fairly good odds of being pun. This is the second-most-likely.

The list of players with the aptitude to know I would kill Ginngie is limited to eddie and Titus. In which case, within those two names you have a minimum of one scum, possibly two. This would give Titus a 50% chance minimum of being pun. This I admit is quite unlikely, but it is not altogether impossible.

By the nightkill, she would thus be the player most likely to be pun.

Beyond that, she is incredibly likely to be pun thanks to the nature of how late-D1 unfolded, something I will explain at another time.

She should have been the lynch yesterday and she still should be the lynch today.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 7:42 pm

In post 1218, Titus wrote:VOTE: Stop
Can you please actually play the game, Titus?

I wrote a big thing that you still need to respond to. If you continue to ignore it, I will treat it as if you fullclaimed scum.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by Titus »

@Punreader, Well I see someone likes to throw out arbitrary numbers.

@Stop, What post? I am playing the game, just because you are my scumread and lynching you is objectively the correct move does not give you the right to spam that old tired argument.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:02 pm

In post 1056, Stop Getting Banned Again wrote:UNVOTE: Titus

This puts Titus at L-2 rather than L-1. I am currently building a bigger post, which will explain this unvote further. Please trust me on this for now, okay?

~tn5421
In post 1057, Stop Getting Banned Again wrote:
Spoiler: Quotebin that gets referenced as performance art
In post 612, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 610, Punreader wrote:To quote, once more:
... and?

If you have specific questions for me, ask them.
Otherwise, it's mind games, plain and simple. Stop re-quoting yourself as though your post was somehow enlightening or worthy of repeating. It's nothing special, and if I thought you were actually saying anything worth responding to, I'd have done so. I think you're scum, and you're hiding behind a nonsense gimmick. Nothing in that post can be taken honestly, it only serves your agenda. You're deliberately making yourself unclear, and not to mention, annoying. I'm not going to sit here and play guessing games with you. What a waste of time. Either vote me or shut up.
In post 613, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 609, Punreader wrote:You're not immune to making misplays. Just because you draw an alignment doesn't mean you know how to nail the interaction.
This tells me you already know for a fact that Jingle is town, and probably Titus. Trying to make Jingle question his ability to read two people he's pretty damn close to is just nasty scum tactics.
In post 614, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 384, Punreader wrote:It felt like she was telling tall tales.
And this is what you want me to respond to???

What is there to respond to? I haven't lied about a damn thing. I've been nothing but open and transparent in my thought process and ideas the entire time.

You can hang. I see exactly what you're trying to do. If you know me, then you know I'm a threat as town, and you're trying to get rid of me.

Bring it on.
In post 615, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 613, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 609, Punreader wrote:You're not immune to making misplays. Just because you draw an alignment doesn't mean you know how to nail the interaction.
This tells me you already know for a fact that Jingle is town, and probably Titus. Trying to make Jingle question his ability to read two people he's pretty damn close to is just nasty scum tactics.
ACTUALLY....

THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER...

This tells me you know TWO THINGS:

1) Jingle is town and
2) TITUS IS SCUM WITH YOU

That's why you're so confident Jingle is "making misplays". :lol:

Holy shit. What a slip!
In post 616, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
JINGLE. READ THIS DANGIT.

READ IT RIGHT NOW. LOOK WHAT I FOUND.
In post 620, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:And even if he was reading Jingle as town, he himself said there was a large gap between mulch and Jingle, meaning it's not even that strong of a read. But suddenly he knows Jingle is "making misplays" by reading me/Titus as not scum/scum... ???

Right.
In post 633, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 630, Stop Getting Banned Again wrote:
In post 628, Titus wrote:VOTE: Punreader

ETL, I am sheeping you here. The only strong scumread I have is not getting lynched due to sheer nonsense volume. You seem pretty confident in your slip though and I remember how I felt when you TRed me and talked me out of lynching scum that won. So, I'll follow you for now. If the hydra ever becomes a thing though, I am voting it.
didn't etl imply that you were scum by extension because of that slip?

are you just glancing over that
She's trying to distance now. She's never been good at being subtle with that.
In post 723, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 720, Gorkington wrote:i acknowledge that you said words to me that i have no further interest in saying words about
this is how i feel about pun's posts.
In post 732, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 577, eddie wrote:We use a different person, not the hydra as a target. We can read the Creature head and make that slot conf!town (or conf!scum). Creature signs his posts as per town wincon. I can read Creature well enough to know if they fake Creature posts. I get it, they're annoying, but our wincon isn't lynch the annoying slots.

Penguin townie. ETL and Pun probably has a scum. Jingle is townie but I have no clue how to read him. No read on Mulch yet. Why is Titus a wagon exactly?
In post 653, eddie wrote:VOTE: etl
These are all the posts "explaining" your vote.

Liar.
In post 751, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
HEY BUTTHEAD. HOW MANY POSTS TO OTHER PEOPLE IN MY ISO ARE THERE?
In post 332, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 18, schadd_ wrote:back of the napkin if you get two different checks on two different people it's 75% they're different alignments

VOTE: stop getting banned again
oh this is smart.
In post 35, Stop Getting Banned Again wrote:OK I'M ACTUALLY JESTER, IDK ABOUT THOSE FUCKERS, BUT MY HEAD GOT PM'D JESTER CULT LEADER
Seriously though, we're here just to outlive Democracy.
Just... nk us n1, and we'll be happy.
*sigh*

I understand being silly in RVS, but seriously... this isn't even constructive. It's just spam.

6 PAGES OF BULLSHIT LATER....
In post 177, Jingle wrote:Tonight we all target the horrible abomination hydra. Horrible abomination hydra? You get to target whomsoever you choose (/insert shitty who alt joke). Lucky you. If we end up PLing the hydra today, we need to do so after someone has obvtowned, so we can all target them.
hey look! that's the same idea i had!

YAY JINGLE TOWN ILY
In post 196, Jingle wrote:Wrong. Target obvtown, that way scum is disincentivized from shooting them but they can be reasonably be assumed to be town anyway, at least D1. That way scum is forced to help us if they want to get rid of the unlynchable slot. Otherwise, you get to be a good boy.
heee ♥
In post 209, Stop Getting Banned Again wrote:
ok so we will be the obligatory sanity-checking sacrifice

everyone target us tonight and then lynch us D2 to know your sanity
No. Hang.
In post 218, Jingle wrote:I fully expect 3/4 of the hydra to have flaked by the end of the weekend. We don't need to operate on a shrinking tumor.
remission != elimination
So far (page 9) they are STILL an annoying, spam-posting, trolling, horrible THING that needs to be removed completely from every game ever. It's
ruining the game for me

In post 132, Gorkington wrote:i mean, real talk, i dont really understand how a hydra like this can possibly work in the context of mafia.
i cant hold any specific head accountable for any specific post and if i ask a question, someone else is probably just going to answer it.
theres literally no accountability with a hydra this big.
:/
TRUTH

In post 236, Stop Getting Banned Again wrote:anyway we're 10 pages in and we've basically solved this whole game
If by "solved" you mean "shit on everything and drown out everyone else who has a right to contribute and make it difficult for people to enjoy the game", then sure.
In post 238, CheekyTeeky wrote:
@Mod request you force replace hydra please
I second this.
In post 242, Stop Getting Banned Again wrote:
In post 238, CheekyTeeky wrote:
@Mod request you force replace hydra please
There were clearly posted warnings.
That's like saying, "I told you I was an asshole, so you're the one at fault for my shitty behavior."

Nuh uh. Stop being a fucking troll and play the game,
or shut the fuck up
In post 251, CheekyTeeky wrote:
@Mod replace me please.
*sigh* the first casualty of hydra trolling BS...
In post 272, Jingle wrote:VOTE: Gork
No.

D1 lynch is going to be a crapshoot, might as well be the most annoying poster here. I've already got some great town reads. You and gork being the top of the list.

---end of page 11---

ok i have to stop here and get some work done. i'll be back later.

*sigh*
In post 356, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 335, Titus wrote:I concur with your plan ETL. However, I am a selfish woman. I'd like to skip the paranoid of each other phase and use you as the check tonight and just lynch the annoying as fuck hydra. Spam and using horrible language.
Yeah sure but you're not going to get anything useful unless you lynch me tomorrow, right? You don't know what sanity you are. And if you're doing it for "paranoia" reasons, that's just a shitty hole I don't want to get into because even though I know my alignment, you're not going to take my word for it to check against your result. The only way to check your sanity, and even then only probable sanity until you get multiple checks against multiple flips, is by investigating then lynching the same target. If you plan on pushing for my lynch tomorrow already, that's a different story. I hope that's not the case because then this becomes less paranoia and more scum planning.

So if we are all agreed that we lynch the hydra tomorrow, checking them tonight will give us results to compare against the lynch tomorrow and give us a jump start on figuring out sanities.
In post 336, Titus wrote:We don't need sacrifice lynches. Just use the checks as a rotating doctor. :)

If we wanted to push our luck, we could do two groups of 6.
I don’t understand - can you clarify what you mean? What’s your idea?
In post 351, Jingle wrote:We're not lynching the designated "target tonight player" tomorrow.
Wait, what? We're not? I thought that was the plan?

Though I do agree with you the posting got better
after 11 pages...

Reading more.. until lunch is over.
In post 359, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 357, Jingle wrote:You don’t target the designated lynch target with a doctor. You target someone you’re pretty sure is town. Same with the pseudo doc.
Then what is even the point. Our roles are useless.

This is essentially mountainous.

Back to work for me. I couldn't concentrate on what I was reading so I'll have to read it again later.
In post 616, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
JINGLE. READ THIS DANGIT.

READ IT RIGHT NOW. LOOK WHAT I FOUND.
In post 638, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Jingle, I need you to walk me through you hydra read, please. And I don't want any of that "meta, trust me" bs. Give me tangible, reasonable, provable reasons. SHOW me.
In post 779, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Ok. I agree with you on TN. And being that she's the only one I've actually noticed signing the posts, those are the only posts I really care about. Also why I backed off trying to rally their lynch. Plus they're less annoying now, and hopefully they remain that way. I don't know which posts are Who posts, and tbh I don't remember what Who is like.

Fine. Who's scum?

p-edit :giggle: snork is a good one
In post 831, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 823, Punreader wrote:
In post 723, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 720, Gorkington wrote:i acknowledge that you said words to me that i have no further interest in saying words about
this is how i feel about pun's posts.
Oh really?
In post 393, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Talk to me.
Who's refusing to talk,
now
?
In post 404, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:3. Please engage me (but also others) more.
Who's refusing to engage
now
?
In post 612, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
If you have specific questions for me, ask them.
Who's not answering questions
now
?
*sigh*

I haven't refused to do any of these things. I just don't like you or your style and I'm not really interested in picking apart your posts to fabricate some kind of dialog with someone I don't wish to have a dialog with. Like, it's so forced. You want me to come up with some content about your content (how narcississtic really...) but see the thing is that I don't really care what you have to say.

Sorry.
In post 841, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Current reads:

MOST TOWN

Gork - definitely
Punreader - must be
SGBA - ♥ tn

Jingle - ?♥?

Porkens - higher if scumTitus, lower if townTitus
Ginngie - higher if scumTitus, lower if townTitus

-maybe town?-

Mulch/Draynth? Sure -- revise as possible partner if scumTitus. No longer think so.

-nulls-

Penguin - ?????? PoE
schadd_/Eddie - I could see this being scum

Almost50 ?????? PoE

Nos
Titus
MOST SCUM
In post 869, eddie wrote:TN wya boi
In post 884, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:this guessing nonsense isn't relevant.
In post 911, Almost50 wrote:
IMPORTANT:
Scum!Titus defends her scum partners by necessity. Scum!Titus will always find a way to launch a counter wagon to one on herself or on a buddy of hers.

Conclusion: Titus is very likely town here.
In post 918, Titus wrote:
In post 912, Jingle wrote:
In post 881, eddie wrote:i am relying on you and jingle to sort each other, and in the unlikely event you're both scum op team but if i get to that read i'll take it on. i do have a read on you, that isn't overly confident, but i wanna see what jingle says on the matter. i don't know how to read jingle. i will say that i lean,

or the short answer:

town

-

and this game can't progress with so many dead slots
Pun can also read both of us fairly accurately, or at least was able to in the past.
In post 910, Titus wrote:
In post 908, Jingle wrote:I don't want a hammer prior to the last few confirmations of adherence to the plan. I'll be back for real thought in a few hours.
You're more concerned with your plan than anything else.

You'd hammer an IC if we caved to you.

My wagon, the sole wagon all day, is zero accountability nonsense.
Again, provably wrong. SGBA hit L-1. You and pun both had 3 votes concurrently. I have tried to get you to analyze literally anything, to which you replied that there was nothing to analyze or failed to reply at all.

And no shit I want people to commit to following the plan. That's kind of how using a plan to solve a game works.
In post 911, Almost50 wrote:
IMPORTANT:
Scum!Titus defends her scum partners by necessity. Scum!Titus will always find a way to launch a counter wagon to one on herself or on a buddy of hers.

Conclusion: Titus is very likely town here.
Yeah, I'd grok that if she was doing anything at all this game. But she's not. She's trying to policy lynch a player for an activity they're not doing anymore and has been since RVS while actively refusing to scumhunt or comment on wagons. Not to mention she's flat out lying about the gamestate.
THERE IS NOTHING FOR ME TO COMMENT ON OR ANYONE COULD ASK AN INTELLIGENT QUESTION NOT CENTERED ON ME OR THAT GAME WRECKING UNACCOUNTABLE HYDRA. THERE IS NO CONTENT. NO GAME. ASKING ME THE SAME FUCKING QUESTION OVER AND OVER DOESN'T CREATE THINGS FOR ME TO ANALYZE.

MY WAGON IS STILL A ZERO ACCPUNTABILITY WAGON FOR ME NOT CARRYING THIS GAME.
In post 920, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:your conversation is apparently the only one it killed. everyone else has managed more actual thoughts than you. give it up.
In post 940, Titus wrote:
In post 929, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 918, Titus wrote:THERE IS NOTHING FOR ME TO COMMENT ON OR ANYONE COULD ASK AN INTELLIGENT QUESTION NOT CENTERED ON ME OR THAT GAME WRECKING UNACCOUNTABLE HYDRA. THERE IS NO CONTENT. NO GAME. ASKING ME THE SAME FUCKING QUESTION OVER AND OVER DOESN'T CREATE THINGS FOR ME TO ANALYZE.

MY WAGON IS STILL A ZERO ACCPUNTABILITY WAGON FOR ME NOT CARRYING THIS GAME.
being blunt: Titus, why are you still in this game? Obviously the existence of the hydra is too much for you (although tbf I almost forget the hydra exists and 229/21 is a whopping 11 posts per head which is pretty manageable imo) and instead of just spending your time complaining about it and leading transparently fruitless crusades against it, you could just replace out and let someone actually willing to deal with the hydra deal with it. It's like staying in a game with someone you've blacklisted. Seems kinda self-destructive.
I want to play. I want accountability. I wang evidence. I wang logic. If I sub out, you know what happens? Everyone codones the behavior the hydra does. By subbing out, then I let the scum hydra win. You realize anything one head says the others immediately retract? It's impossible to sort.

It's only fruitless because everyone is being stubborn. If someone who I blacklisted joined a game, I'd report to the mods and expect action or I would suck it up. Or third, policy lynch. That's what we need given the lack of scumhunting or cooperation. Reduce the spam.
In post 988, eddie wrote:https://forum.mafia451.com/t/completely ... -town-win/

https://forum.mafia451.com/t/cutie-mafi ... e-phase-2/

My two most recent completed town games. Why don't you show me where I'm an asshole?
In post 997, Punreader wrote:
In post 995, eddie wrote:now, i've completely disproven your meta case, and i'm going to take it as you accept that because you didn't acknowledge me linking two recent games with 0 toxicity.
Okay, fine.

One response.

That's all you're getting.

Observation:
Those games are on another site.
Question #1:
Was the game run identically styled to a mafiascum game? That being, two week deadlines or something to that effect, majority lynch, etc.?
Question #2:
Was the game balanced/designed to the standards of a mafiascum game? Other sites e.g. Mafia Universe tend to run games which are by mafiascum standards hilariously scumsided.
Question #3:
Was the game entirely comprised of mafiascum players?

If the answer to ANY of these is "no", the meta presented isn't comparable.

The reason why it isn't comparable is that the points I am raising are points
specific to mafiascum meta
Other sites work on different meta standards.

So unless the game was literally a mafiascum game hosted off-site, the meta isn't comparable to mafiascum meta.

: I massively favor ETL over Punreader's stupid gimmick here.

, , , , : I agree with your interpretation for the most part, detatched as I am from the exchange.
This is enough to put him in the probscum pile, for sure, but I have my doubts about this being a scum slip.

: I remember. I have hydra'd with Titus before.

: *chimes in his agreement*

: I have eddie cane as town as of my last post, & , but this is still points against him IMO.

: I know you didn't do this on purpose, but I identify as Male, not Female. :hug:
I did my part in order to contribute to a more orderly town game by taking some time off from the game.

: I empathize. I also don't really appreciate having to read Punreader's posts, as hypocritical as that is considering the hydra I'm in.

: I don't agree with your punreader townread here, assuming that it wasn't a joke.
Do you have any advice for reading Porkens?
I don't really have any other objections, Nos is also a problem for me to read without additional information, but I otherwise agree with your reads here.

: I hiatus'd in order to lower the postrate in this game.

: This really didn't need to be brought up today, in my opinion.

, : Actually, I disagree, Titus. Unfortunately I think you're too far down the deathtunnel to really escape it now.
With that said, I still think you have something like a 15-20% chance to be town, but this puts you in my 'strongest scumread' category, unfortunately.
Clear a good two to three hours to do nothing but read the following players: Gorkington, ETL, Nosferatu, SGBA posts tagged with ~tn5421, and Eddie Cane's hydra.

You are a good person, Titus, don't let this get you down. If at all possible, try to let go of your frustration at how the early game went.
I personally know how hard that can be. Have you seen my recently completed game, Gunner Mafia?
=26839&user_select[]=23826&hilit=tn5421+The+Observer]My posting was pretty toxic because of Day 1 shenanigans, and we didn't even have a 20 head hydra to blame.

If you are town, you can absolutely come back from this situation to make a positive game impact.

: Eddie, both of those games were shitshows, even if they were run to mafiascum standard.

I know my game (Completely Unoriginal) wasn't exactly bog standard Mafiascum, roles wise, but as a person who's largest experience with mafia by far is mafiascum-centric, it was relatively normal for mafiascum standards.

And the other setup was Kids with Guns, with cute flavoring, since I know someone is going to ask. @, this is for you. Cutie Mafia was run 100% compliant with Mafiascum standards, and other than the setup specifically, so was Completely Unoriginal.

I'm a little offended you would suggest otherwise, @punreader. But to answer your questions anyways:

#1: 5day/2day deadlines, majority lynch, Natural Action Resolution.

#2: Cutie Mafia was literally Kids with Guns from the wiki. Completely Unoriginal featured Empowered Neighborhoods as an alternative to PRs.
tl;dr a neighborhood had a power and required majority vote to use said power, with the caveat that scum might be in your hood.
Completely Unoriginal was a town rofflestomp, and Cutie Mafia was a perfect mafia win.

#3: Both almost entirely, aside from 1 player either way.

I'm sure there are other things I need to reply to, but I really don't want to re-read for a third time.

tl;dr There is a nonzero chance Titus is frustrated!town rather than scum, and I feel she deserves a chance to get back into the game rather than being lolpolicy'd.

~tn5421, as if you couldn't figure that out

No more excuses, Titus.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:03 pm

You went well out of your way to ignore this post, Titus, now you have no choice but to respond, because otherwise you are our lynch today.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Post by Draynth »

Town result on sgba
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”