Micro 808: Kids With Guns - ROLL CREDITS (FIN)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by vulcan logician »

VOTE: 1234567890

For
1) having no clear nickname (123?)
2) softclaiming page 1--follow fire's example and hard fakeclaim
3) being scum (maybe?) (hopefully?)
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:19 pm

PSA: I'm playing from a tablet. I hate this thing with a passion.

I haven't the foggiest who you are, 123, but I actually buy your hardclaim. Unless anyone cares to CC that is.
UNVOTE: 123456789

So who are you? Or are you just gonna toy with me?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:03 am

For real. It seems like the role could have been put to wise use.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:07 am

If your assessment is correct, Rampage, then the actual IC should activate right now and give us 100% certainty fire is fakeclaiming. Then we lynch him. One scum down on page 2.

As it stands, though, it seems quite implausible that scum would have fakeclaiming IC in mind as a strat because of ^^^.

Rampage, even if such a gambit worked as advertised, it would be a shit move for scum.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:50 am

In post 41, TheRampage wrote:Here is my thing Vulcan, we have 2 hard claims and if they are actual hard claims, that is the dumbest thing ever because it will cause the scum to kill right away the 2 townies we might need. I can almost understand Vig hard claiming if he was a threat, but remember that scum can get a day kill as well by killing themselves and another player at any time. So right now, if the IC claims, the scum can insta kill the vig and then be at 5 to 1, we mislynch today, they kill the IC and then we are at 4 to 1, if we mislynch again, then we are at 3 to 1 going into night 2, then day 3 we go to 2 to 1. and if we mislynch we lose. So yeah, it is stupid for the IC to out. And honestly Vulcan, I feel it scummy that you even suggested the IC should out this early cause he would be insta killed for sure. In fact, I just had an idea. I think you are scum cause it would be awesome to know one of the power roles for sure. Cause while it may be true that it was an RVS claim, what is true is that you are willing to see the IC, which is only strong in a 2 - 1 lylo situation, to out day one to get himself killed. Bad form Vulcan, but thanks for stepping in that trap.

VOTE: Vulcan
Yeah man... if we mislynch 4 times we lose. Lol. I think that happens with or without the lousy gambit you think scum is employing.

Keep in mind, I'm not refuting your claims. I played a game with Firebringer where he made a ballsy and ill-conceived fake claim gambit as scum. So it's certainly possible. I'm just pointing out that (while possible) such a scheme is rather unlikely because it costs scum so much while hardly giving them an advantage. All I was doing was giving some analysis. Hold your horses.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:35 am

I don't like that the wagon on Firebringer dissolved. I'm leaning scum on him.
VOTE: firebringer
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:39 am

In post 96, 123456789 wrote:Vulcan is town; I've recently played a game with him, and he kinda registers as the kind of person with more surface-level reads. Like, I think he has potential, but I also think there is somewhat an element of lynchbait to him.
I wonder if this assessment would change if you did some meta research. I guess we'll never know.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:25 am

In post 148, Firebringer wrote:
In post 146, vulcan logician wrote:I don't like that the wagon on Firebringer dissolved. I'm leaning scum on him.
Go on...
Well, if you're fakeclaiming scum, I wanna lynch you. What exactly do you want me to elaborate on?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:54 pm

In post 150, Firebringer wrote:
In post 149, vulcan logician wrote:
In post 148, Firebringer wrote:
In post 146, vulcan logician wrote:I don't like that the wagon on Firebringer dissolved. I'm leaning scum on him.
Go on...
Well, if you're fakeclaiming scum, I wanna lynch you. What exactly do you want me to elaborate on?
I rescinded my claim.....
Why do you think I am fakeclaiming scum versus town?
Yeah... I meant
formerly
fakeclaiming scum. Sorry about that. I see all that page 1 claiming bullshit as fog and diffusion. Some people might call it "too scummy to be scum." I call it "probably scum." Some people say "any mislynch is bad." I say, "If we're gonna mislynch somebody, there are worse candidates than Firebringer."
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:56 pm

UNVOTE: Firebringer

(You're still one of my strongest scumleans, Fire, but...)

I am suspicious of the Jumble/Smart slot now, mainly because I've played a game with Jumble, and he has kept his coll in similar situations. This time, he acted a bit differently. It makes me think he's scum. The problem is that it's just a hunch at this point, it's not that much more conclusive than the statistical analysis going on in this thread.

While there is still momentum of sorts on the smart wagon I say we hold Smart's feet to the fire (take him to L-1) and gauge his reaction.

VOTE: something smart
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:02 pm

In post 159, Firebringer wrote:
In post 158, vulcan logician wrote:Yeah... I meant formerly fakeclaiming scum. Sorry about that. I see all that page 1 claiming bullshit as fog and diffusion. Some people might call it "too scummy to be scum." I call it "probably scum." Some people say "any mislynch is bad." I say, "If we're gonna mislynch somebody, there are worse candidates than Firebringer."
Why do you think its probably scum?
Like you pointed out the first thing you said about the possibility of a fake claim as innocent child that its unlikely to be done by scum and now it is PROBABLY SCUM.

And the whole if we mislynch me its okay cause it isn't as bad as others. What? Go into this, why are you fine with mislynching me over say mislynching NotaJumbleNumbers
Yeah, point taken on my pivot from unlikely to probably. I did a lot of thinking (and remembering my one game with you) and came to the conclusion that if any scum is ballsy enough to fakeclaim IC on page 1, it's you. Also, I said "unlikely" before you redacted your IC claim... so there are more moving parts than you let on; I didn't just change my mind for no reason.

Regardless, I've chosen to focus my attention elsewhere for now. Perhaps you are a good D2 project, Firebringer.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:34 am

In post 239, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 237, vulcan logician wrote:While there is still momentum of sorts on the smart wagon I say we hold Smart's feet to the fire (take him to L-1) and gauge his reaction.
This is a bad idea.

"All people are easier to read under pressure" is a myth.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I wasn't saying anything about "all people." And as you pointed out in your other post, it's an opportunity to learn all kinds of things. Glad you're on board with the plan to take you to L-1.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:34 pm

:lol:
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:43 pm

UNVOTE:
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:16 pm

In post 279, Firebringer wrote:
LYNCH VULCAN
Um...errr.... for why?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:24 pm

Well now that we know 123 was scum, we can probably look at interactions to see that I'm not scum. I'm town. If your gonna accuse me at least give me reasoning/something to answer. Plus, I'm here rn. If someone wants to fire questions at me, I'll answer in real time.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:38 pm

In post 284, Something_Smart wrote:VOTE: no lynch
What do you think a no lynch will accomplish, Smart?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:15 am

In post 293, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 288, vulcan logician wrote:
If we want to get to 3p LYLO, which has the fewest scum possibilities, we need to NL at some point. Better to do it now so that scum have the least information about who the IC is (and about people's reads) when they make their free kill.
I agree with with Smart's assessment here. Look at the gamestate. There is no clear obv-town at the moment. We
no lynch
today and then scum take a shot in the dark. As the game progresses, scum will have a better idea who poses the greatest threat to their aims. Choosing a NK will be a simple formality "such-and-such has gained obv-town status. I NK him." Right now that's not so clear. Put yourself in scum's shoes right now. If you were scum, who would you NK?

Not only that, but after scum get a NK tonight, our D2 lynch will be better informed. The pool will be narrowed by one. The scummy will be slightly easier to find.

Logic dictates that we 'no lynch' at a certain point to get a 3 person lylo. The best logic dictates we do it today.

(Does anyone need convincing that a 3p lylo is best for town? That's a no brainer.)
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:23 am

In post 275, BlackStar wrote:It feels good to know that I was right about 123 being scum lol
But you townread him all day. Awfully convenient that you change your tune right before boom-boom time. Plus, this post raises an eyebrow. For real. It's awkward. Whether it's awkward town or awkward scum, I can't really say right now.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:25 am

VOTE: no lynch
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:32 am

In post 281, TheRampage wrote:Yeah, I can go with Vulcan. I thought I had a scum read on him earlier but backed off. Before we lynch though, I think we need to discuss why the suicide bombing this early in the game. It seems to be a premature move, especially since no one suspected 123 enough to lynch him. I know if I was bomber, I would have held out til I was L1. So there has to be some reason as to why the mafia decided to do it early. I feel we need to discuss this in the case we are wrong about Vulcan.

Could you do me a couple favors?

1) Consider a "no lynch" for today and then I can be at the top of your list for lynching tomorrow.

2) If you absolutely
must
lynch me, don't take me past L-2 until I can come back and say a few things. (No, I'm not IC or anything, but I have some parting advice for town that I'd rather give on D2 if at all possible).
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:44 am

In post 290, BlackStar wrote:It's more likely that Vulcan is his partner though because they never really made any efforts to sort each other and their interactions don't feel right. Plus Vulcan really wanted Firebringer dead and voted with 123 on the SS wagon
So, I was wrong about Firebringer. So the fuck what! Dude, Firebringer was scum in a game that I recently played with him. He fakeclaimed cop. Me and another player bought it hook, line, and sinker, but due to some unlucky PoE flips, it was revealed that his claim was bogus. It took some cajones to do what Firebringer did that game, and if it weren't for the flip, none of us would have known. It was a brilliant scum move that was so ballsy it almost put him above suspicion. Being endowed with the special knowledge that Fire is capable of such gambits, I saw it as my towny obligation to be vigilant about Fire's possible fakeclaim to ensure that town wasn't duped in this game.

I had my doubts about Fire. He was by no means conf-scum to me at any point this game, but it was risky to let him pass without keeping an eye on him from my POV.

I wasn't the only one Firebringer thought might be scum, BlackStar. You were his other suspect. All we can confidently say at this point is, he was wrong about one of us.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #22) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:07 am

No, I'm not desperate to cast shade. And with this amount of heat, I wouldn't even be breaking a sweat as scum. Besides, as of now, I am a proponent of the "no lynch" plan. Of course, someone else being lynched is a better choice than me, because I know I'm town. But if it came down to you or no lynch at EOD and I was holding the hammer, I would choose "no lynch."

We need others to join the conversation about that. Opinions anyone?

Blackstar? What say you about a no lynch?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #23) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:07 am

Nm... I see how you feel.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #24) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:52 am

In post 304, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 296, vulcan logician wrote:VOTE: no lynch
VOTE: Vulcan Logician
Any reason why a player voting "no lynch" prompts you to vote for that player? I spelled out why I think it's a good idea in #294.

Any reason you think it's a bad idea?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #25) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:31 am

The last game was boring me to tears. This one's fun.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #26) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:43 am

D1 in that game needed to end, BADLY (and I said as much in the game). It's not like I volunteered to be sacrificial lamb or anything, I was just content to be whoever it was who got mislynched--the gamestate just wasn't conducive to good play in my estimation. I was roused to duty again at EOD, if you remember.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #27) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:16 am

In post 309, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 297, vulcan logician wrote:2) If you absolutely must lynch me, don't take me past L-2 until I can come back and say a few things. (No, I'm not IC or anything, but I have some parting advice for town that I'd rather give on D2 if at all possible).
Anything else you want to say a part from everything else you said after this?
Yes there is. And, if given the chance, I'll say it when I'm at L-2 or L-1.

But shouldn't we at least discuss the merits or non-merits of voting "no lynch" today?

Or hell, if I'm going to be today's lynch, perhaps you should discuss the merits of
that
... if not with me, at least among yourselves.

But if you
do
have any questions for me, fire away.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #28) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:47 pm

Lol! Fair enough... I'm at L-2.

As to the interactions with 123, I actually assumed they would make me look townie... on further inspection, meh. Not really. But they hardly indicate partnership (in the sense that there is something weird about them). If there is a particular interaction that anyone finds fishy, bring it to my attention, and I'll let you know what I was thinking at the time.

@Rampage I fail to see how no lynching tomorrow would help anything. Look man, I'm not trying to save my own skin here. If you want to lynch me, there's nothing stopping that from happening the next day cycle.

If I am scum, I am LONE scum. Think about that for a minute. You have the whole game to lynch me. I'm not going anywhere.

But now consider the possibility that I'm town. That means that D-1 definitely will be a mislynch. Right now in the lynch pool, there are 5 townies, 1 scum. At random, that's a 1/6 chance of hitting scum. Let's wait a day. Then it becomes a 1/5 chance. And we only improve from there.

From a purely logical perspective we can only gain by doing the no lynch first.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #29) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:02 pm

The bit of info that I was going to give at L-2 is this: I am a mislynch... a fact that may become obvious in a short time. So those who are most resistant to the idea of the no lynch (wifoming aside) deserve a looking over IMO.

Also (although my mind has changed somewhat now) I wanted to say that Blackstar is a scum lean for me because his ISO's tone seems to give away motivations to dissociate himself from 123. I was quiet about my suspicions of him before because I didn't want to be the target of a NK (little threat of that now). Plus, he hopped on the no lynch wagon pretty quick. Could be a calculated move but it's making me second guess my suspicions.

Anyway, that's the bit of info I wanted to drop -- nothing groundbreaking, I admit, but there it is.

If anyone has questions, I'll be happy to answer.

I hope that town resolves to do a no lynch today. But if not, my neck size is fifteen inches, and due to my sensitive skin I'd prefer it if a soft silk rope was used.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #30) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:30 pm

Fair enough. I didn't think about hiding the IC among the crowd. I can die for that purpose. And it makes sense to do that. Plus that, scum will be able to hide in the shadows with everyone's attention directed at me.

Good luck, guys.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #31) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:32 pm

If anything, Firebringer's billboard "Lynch Vulcan" might have enticed scum to go after some low-hanging fruit. Maybe they took the bait.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #32) » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:12 pm

In post 322, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 320, vulcan logician wrote:Fair enough. I didn't think about hiding the IC among the crowd.
wut?
In post 294, vulcan logician wrote:
In post 293, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 288, vulcan logician wrote:
If we want to get to 3p LYLO, which has the fewest scum possibilities, we need to NL at some point. Better to do it now so that scum have the least information about who the IC is (and about people's reads) when they make their free kill.
I agree with with Smart's assessment here. Look at the gamestate. There is no clear obv-town at the moment. We
no lynch
today and then scum take a shot in the dark.
Yeah... when I composed post 320 I hadn't until then considered
postponing
the no lynch to hide the IC. But now that you mention it, Smart's way actually makes some sense. The no lynch will make the IC harder to hit (at least for the N1 NK).

Whatever man. I've said what I wanted to say. I think a "no lynch" is a good idea for today. Rampage doesn't think so. I'm cool either way. Lynching me today isn't really a horrible idea considering how much shade I have on me. Ruling me out will make the scum easier to hunt D2.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #33) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:04 pm

Someone must have thought Blackstar was IC. Hmmmm. He was one of my scumleans. That really helps my PoE.

I think the no lynch has put town in a fine position. Scum killed one of the more dubious townies in an attempt to hit a PR. I feel pretty confident town is gonna win this game.

Who was it that was so opposed to the no lynch that he fussed about its coming to fruition for nearly a page after Smart pointed out it was a hammer?

VOTE: PenguinPower
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #34) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:49 am

Well Rampage, I'm kind of in the same boat. Not Maf is a super null read, and I lean town on Smart. I don't want to start with you, so I'm looking at Penguin.

It's not just the thing about the method of informing a mod. He was against the no lynch, which was a pro town idea. And it wasn't like lynching me was a controversial idea. It almost happened. Look at it this way. I know I'm town, and here is a player pushing my lynch over what is a good idea for town. Does that make him scum? No. But it's worth bitching and moaning about.

What do you make of Blackstar's untimely demise?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #35) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 am

In post 361, PenguinPower wrote:Hi, vulcan.

Why don't you want to start with Rampage. He pushed you (and was actually voting you at eod) over a no lynch. So did N_M. Why me over them?
Gotta start somewhere. Trust me. I'm not tunneling you, but I'd be a fool not to explore the possibility of scum Penguin. Think about it this way, if I'm town, it would seem quite plausible that scum would be pushing my wagon, especially when a wise no lynch is under consideration. I know I'm town, so I'm considering that possibility. Of course, I suppose it's also possible that Smart was just sitting back pushing the no lynch while you and Rampage did the heavy lifting for him. While that
is
possible, I think it's unlikely. So I'm looking at you guys.
I find you trying to push me based on NAI comments to be pretty bad, so it adds to my scum read on you from yesterday. I'll wait til the rest have a chance to weigh in, but consider my vote on you.
Awww, thanks. As I already said, I'm not working with certitudes here, just exploring what I see as likelihoods. So, let me ask you then, when I flip green, where are you gonna look next?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:24 am

In post 363, vulcan logician wrote:
In post 361, PenguinPower wrote:Hi, vulcan.

Why don't you want to start with Rampage. He pushed you (and was actually voting you at eod) over a no lynch. So did N_M. Why me over them?
Gotta start somewhere.
Trust me. I'm not tunneling you, but I'd be a fool not to explore the possibility of scum Penguin. Think about it this way, if I'm town, it would seem quite plausible that scum would be pushing my wagon, especially when a wise no lynch is under consideration. I know I'm town, so I'm considering that possibility. Of course, I suppose it's also possible that Smart was just sitting back pushing the no lynch while you and Rampage did the heavy lifting for him. While that
is
possible, I think it's unlikely. So I'm looking at you guys.
I find you trying to push me based on NAI comments to be pretty bad, so it adds to my scum read on you from yesterday. I'll wait til the rest have a chance to weigh in, but consider my vote on you.
Awww, thanks. As I already said, I'm not working with certitudes here, just exploring what I see as likelihoods. So, let me ask you then, when I flip green, where are you gonna look next?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:25 am

No particular reason other than going after two people at a time is rather cumbersome... now, why don't you answer my question?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #38) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:28 am

A few things also struck me now that I think about it. The pressure was already on me, and you joined in last... but you seemed to want my lynch a little more than the other two. Even after the no lynch was put on the table for examination (the brainchild of smart, who iirc suggested it after my wagon formed). Why did you want to lynch me over the no lynch? It doesn't make sense.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #39) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:33 am

In post 368, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 366, vulcan logician wrote:No particular reason other than going after two people at a time is rather cumbersome... now, why don't you answer my question?
Why is N_M super null, and why do you not want to start with Rampage.
IDK, I can't get a solid read on N_M personally. Stuff like his read list seemed to be more goofing around than anything. I don't see scum motivations. I don't feel towniness, hence, null read.

I want to go through Rampage's ISO to find stuff to confront him with... in organized fashion. Being a creature of procrastinatory inclinations, I have yet to do so.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #40) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:35 am

In post 371, PenguinPower wrote:In short: I don't feel anything you say is genuine.
Well, what can I say? Sometimes genuine people aren't perceived as genuine. Happens outside of mafia, too. It's a real bitch.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:43 pm

As it stands now, I am 90% sure scum is either Penguin or Rampage.

That leaves 10% N_M and Smart-- ie. I don't think either are worth looking at today. The way Smart pushed the no lynch... it was incredibly townie of him. If he was scum, one would expect him to to be trying to score town cred from it. There was no LAMISTy tone coming off of Smart.

Not Maf, as I said before is a null read. But a null read is not a scum read, and it's so not scum as to be nearly a town vibe (if that makes sense).
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #42) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:05 am

In post 380, TheRampage wrote:I think we can clear Something_Smart because of his pointing out to the mod that No_Lynch had been reached. I need you guys to follow me on this. If he were scum, that would mean we were at L-1 on Vulcan last night at the time that he pointed it out, effectively saving Vulcan from being lynched. If he were scum, he would have let Vulcan get lynched and increased his ability to hit the IC.
See, this post excites my paranoia a bit. Reading between the lines, it seems as if Rampage is vying for towncred with this post. A we bit of LAMIST vibe coming off this post.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #43) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:10 am

In post 265, TheRampage wrote:I guess we wait to see if the suicide bomb is real
There are two ways to interpret this post:

1) Possible attempt at WIFOM.
2) Genuine shock at a suicide bomb that came out of nowhere.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #44) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:15 am

In post 47, 123456789 wrote:Rampage, please go back to voting Firebringer.

We could also vote Not_Mafia who has yet to do anything useful.
FOLLOWED BY

In post 49, TheRampage wrote:Vulcan, you are playing too controlled for my liking right now. Anyways, I did not say you countered what I said and you did not my finding you scummy for wanting IC to out. Still. I will go back to firebringer and if he is scum, I will be taking a serious look at you.

VOTE: Firebringer
Good little goon, there Rampage. SRing me pretty hard, but in the end you gotta do what the boss says. It doesn't make sense that you would just follow orders like that.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:23 am

So, with all this being said, I'm pretty much 50/50 between Rampage and Penguin. That means one of you is town.

@Rampage as much as I can find scumminess in your posts, I can't help but second guessing myself. If you are scum, you've come across as pretty town in a number of your posts. If you really are town, help me do some serious scumhunting this day cycle. So far you've just been lurching as easy targets. Give me something to go on.

@ Penguin I'll admit my case on you is pretty slim, and I'm super paranoid of you. Maybe you're town. Rampage's ISO is a short and sweet read. If possible, I'd like to get your opinion on it.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #46) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:26 am

Another thing is, Rampage and 123's meta of me was a little off. I played a game in which both of them were fellow townies. This was the least fun game of Mafia I've ever played. People were posting wall after wall of useless shit. I happened to be a wagon on D1. I came into defend myself at a couple points to poor reception. I was prodded three times in that game. At a certain point I was like "fuck it."

123 made a comment about me being lynch bait that I found to be quite informative. It's false, of course, as a cursory examination of my meta reveals, but that doesn't really matter here. What matters is that 123 thought I was an easy target due to his previous game experience with me. And if Rampage is 123's scumbuddy, it seems logical that they might share this opinion. Thus, I think that Rampage going after me might have made so much sense to him in the "lynchbait" regard, that he failed to see it as a dumb move overall.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #47) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:16 am

In post 397, Something_Smart wrote:Also, that interaction looks good for Rampage... it's unusual to tie yourself to your partner by obeying them like that.
Well information is information. I wasn't necessarily trying to make Rampage look bad--just posting some things that gave me pause. Now that you mention it, I agree with you. It does make him look good. So I'm going to keep my vote on Penguin.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #48) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:26 am

In post 398, TheRampage wrote:Thank you for the Quotes Vulcan. They have me some clarity. So Day 1 you tried to get the IC to out; scummy. 123 also tried to get my attention from you to firebringer; also scummy. I mean why push firebringer for lunch if you were just gonna bomb him? 123 had already claimed Vig. His fate was sealed. He knew he had to use his ability, leaving only the goon left. If you were town, he wouldn't care; but he wanted to get my attention somewhere else. If we lynched you, then he would have gotten NKed that night by the real vig and game over.

Well, glad to help with the clarity, man. I mean, I'm trying to see if you're scum. I feel a little OMGUS coming off your post there.

I wasn't trying to out the IC. I was trying to nail Firebringer if he was fakeclaiming scum. 123 trying to get your attention from me to Firebringer doesn't mean that I'm scum (think about it). You get really speculative after the why push Firebringer sentence, so I don't quite know how to respond to all that.

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
--Henry David Thoreau
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #49) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:54 am

It would be really stupid of him to do so then suicide bomb someone three pages later.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #50) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:55 am

In post 403, TheRampage wrote:I mean, it was also stupid for him to hard claim vig and firebomb some one without any pressure being put on him. He still did it though.
Read this conversation: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=76448&start=50

Here are some highlights:

In post 55, 123456789 wrote:You're probably scum fakeclaiming try to draw out the vig, so yeah...
In post 58, Firebringer wrote:Ur lying
In post 59, 123456789 wrote:Nope.

If I was, the town vig can shoot me Night 1. But that isn't the case here.
In post 60, Firebringer wrote:Dude u don’t make sense and ur obviously lying
I am 90% sure of it

I am a master fake claimer I am better at sorting claims than alignments
Ur full of shit.
In post 61, 123456789 wrote:If you think I am fakeclaiming, why aren't you voting me?
In post 63, Firebringer wrote:Because I haven’t decided if ur fake claiming town or fake claiming scum..
In post 66, Firebringer wrote:
And I am 95% certain u are lying now.
In post 67, 123456789 wrote:Because you are assuming I'm fakeclaiming; that's why.
In post 70, Firebringer wrote:Why not this:
If you are vig, you shoot me.
If you aren’t vig, vig shoots you
In post 71, 123456789 wrote:@Fire:

I can't shoot you during the day. But fine; who do we lynch in that case? BlackStar? Not_Mafia?
In post 72, Firebringer wrote:Unsure I want to lynch either of those.
In post 73, 123456789 wrote:Hmmm... Then who?

I have Rampage and Vulcan as town...

123 was not stupid. He did what he set out to do. He ID'd the vig and bombed him.

Also, no mention of Penguin. Make of that what you will. I don't make too awful much of it tbh, but it was a thought that struck me so I figured I'd say it out loud. After all, Jumble/Smart wasn't mentioned either etc. etc. I'll say this though, he had some in-your-face interactions with Firebringer. I can't help but think that the scummy might be someone with whom he had few interactions.

If I survive the day, I will certainly give the thread a reread (it's rather short anyway). I'd suggest both surviving townies do the same.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #51) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:42 am

IDK if that much premeditation went into the comment, but Not Maf makes me uneasy (as null reads usually do when things come down to the wire).

You are looking more town to me, Rampage. If you are town, I wish you would have jumped on the "no lynch" wagon. That would have made me more certain of you.

Part of me wants to recommend just picking someone and lynching (even if I'm the target). Know what I mean?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #52) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 am

Did you? Shit man, I gotta pay more attention. I'm usually more diligent. RL is stretching me on the rack rn.

So I just read Penguin's ISO. It looks pretty town actually. My paranoid mind can sniff out a few (possibly) foul motives here and there in certain posts. His ISO is short, and anyone considering him for a lynch today should breeze over it and give some opinions.

I'm slightly scum reading him viewing my day one resignation as a "tactic"... but it's certainly logical to assume such a thing might be a ruse. IDK, I know I'm being sincere, so Penguin's statements to the contrary rub me the wrong way. But it seems NAI.

The case for Penguin is: his fervor for the lynch + minimal interactions with 123 + PoE. Not an incredibly pusuasive body of evidence, but the best scum case I have for the time being.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #53) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:06 am

"fervor for the lynch" meaning his preference of me over no lynch.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #54) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:10 am

In post 407, TheRampage wrote:I did vote no lynch
No you didn't. You only
recommended
it for the next day. Big difference.

Don't say things like that. It makes you look shady as hell to misrepresent your actions.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #55) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 am

Yeah, Rampage saying he voted "no lynch" really got me considering the possibility that he's scum. A townie is self-aware about their votes in a way scum is not. Granted, a scummy who is not playing sloppily is going to be aware of their own vote. But a townie not being aware of their own vote is unheard of. That's all a townie has--his vote. Lemmie go check the interactions between him and 123.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #56) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:58 am

I'm at L-1, for anyone who cares.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #57) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:09 am

@Rampage- You get town slotted (at least for today) for unvoting me. If you were scum, you could have easily let Penguin come in and hammer me and no one would have suspected anything.

I agree that we have much to discuss. And I'm taking your N_M commentary into consideration.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #58) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:21 am

I wish I was in some other game where Not_Mafia actually shared thoughts concerning the game.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #59) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:21 am

@Penguin- Why are you lurking? Do you have anything to say about the discussion thus far?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #60) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:43 am

In post 435, PenguinPower wrote:...if everyone was townreading you, then I was obviously missing something.
Popular opinion often doesn't amount to shit. If you are obviously missing something, you are obviously missing something. Period. If everyone else is missing something obvious, it doesn't make it excusable for you to miss it too, just because they did. Think with your own head. If you think I'm scum, vote to lynch me.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #61) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:01 pm

In post 436, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 427, vulcan logician wrote:@Rampage- You get town slotted (at least for today) for unvoting me. If you were scum, you could have easily let Penguin come in and hammer me and no one would have suspected anything.
Not so sure about that.

Now is not a good time for scum-Rampage to end the day if he intends to bring me to LYLO.
Smart,

I'm still thinking it could be Penguin. I'm not ruling Rampage out entirely, it's just that I think that if he's scum we could manage him in LYLO.

I'm all for ending this day cycle/entire game promptly. It's beginning to stagnate. If you think it works counter to scum interests, fuck it. Let's lynch somebody.

@Not Maf & Penguin- I'm getting bored as fuck. If you guys want to lynch me make your push. There are worse mislynches than me, and for that fact alone, you may be able to convince one of the others to join you. If not, I implore you to consider an alternative lynch.

If you've figured out that I'm town, let's just skip directly to the latter option.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #62) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:49 pm

In post 449, TheRampage wrote:That isn't the only reason I read him as town, but it is what it is. Vulcan, before anything goes down, I want to get a set of final reads from you before this gets hammered. I think we should all do that so we know what everyone thinks and sees before we come back
Smart is my strongest townread atm. But he isn't beyond consideration as scum in LYLO.

Penguin is strongest scum read... I can't help thinking the scum is within (Penguin, N_M).

You and N_M exist in nullscum territory. I don't really want to to go after N_M, but if it's between me and him, I'd hammer him.

I want this day cycle to end soon, regardless. It's just more opportunities for scum to figure out who the IC is.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #63) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Smart,

Who are you willing to lynch today?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #64) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:22 am

Nice job lynching the IC.

One of you is scum and one of you is town. But I'll say this: you work very well together as a team.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #65) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:47 am

I'll confess that I'm not quite sure which one of you is scum.

But if I had to pick a lynch right now, it'd probably be you, N_M. I'll wait for Penguin to make an appearance before I go into reasons why.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #66) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:52 am

@ N_M: Who do you think is scum?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #67) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:16 am

In post 486, Not_Mafia wrote:U bruh
Noted.

Why did you hammer Rampage before he had a chance to activate IC?

You must admit, it looks a little opportunistic.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #68) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:18 am

In post 489, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 478, vulcan logician wrote:Nice job lynching the IC.
Comments like these really make me think you are scum.
Really? Think about how frustrating it was for me to log on and find what went down EOD. The IC was quickhammered. It never should have happened. It was the worst possible lynch.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (isolation #69) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:43 am

Reasons why N_M seems like a good lynch:

1) Smart was the NK... Smart claimed he was interested in lynching N_M
2) He was against the "no lynch" on D1
3) He's the one who hammered Rampage
4) His ISO doesn't doesn't give off any town vibes.

That's not to say that my mind is made up. Penguin, your ISO does seem towny, but it's nothing that talented scum couldn't fake. You also have been a bit lurky. You didn't participate much in yesterday's conversations. Like N_M, you also opposed the no lynch and supported lynching Rampage. Not only that, you blamed HIM for saying things that would indicate that he is not the IC-- something any good player with the role OUGHT to do. Also, last night I figured that (if you were scum) you would kill either me or Smart. Me because I suspected you and townread smart... or Smart because he townread me.

If you are scum, Penguin, good news. N_M doesn't really seem motivated to do any rigorous investigation. And his vote is on me right now. This is the worst endgame scenario for town.

I'm just generally annoyed with the attitude I've been getting the past few days. In a way, I hope you are scum, Penguin. Then I'd be cool with it. I'm gonna come back to this tomorrow morning with a fresh perspective. Right now, I could give a shit about this game, and that's not the right attitude. If I have been behaving like an ass, I'd like to extend my apologies. That's not usually how I roll.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (isolation #70) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:18 am

You can pretty much conf town me now because if I was scum I'd have hammered N_M and won.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #71) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:32 am

Yeah, not gonna get any more information than what I have already. If you're scum, Penguin, well played.

VOTE: N_M
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #72) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:03 am

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #73) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:03 am

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #74) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:04 am

Don't know why that double posted, but meh... I'm pretty happy about winning so it works.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #75) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Hey Rampage, I never voted to lynch you. Where did that come from?
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #76) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:23 pm

@GG all.

Thanks to Korina for running da game.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (isolation #77) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:17 pm

In post 537, chitownmvp01 wrote:
You should have claimed IC when you were about to get lynched, lol. Do you know how IC works?

It's kinda sad that town still won despite lynching an easily confirmable member.
It happened while he was away. None of your criticism is informed, chitown.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #78) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:40 am

On a side note, has anyone ever noticed that the Cubs suck so bad that they measure their World Series victories per century? How sad.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”