Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:50 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Honestly i dunno why i care.
You guys are the ones that are correct and im the one that's wrong after all.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 2693, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2691, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2689, Sando wrote:
In post 2670, Ankamius wrote:That assumption still fails unless you also assume that scum would know D2's powers before the end of D1

But, that possibility I didn't think of. Did you ask the mod about it?
They could redirect onto themselves, it fails at that point, I just checked and it's in the Day1 FAQ.
mm...

That's actually concerning, yeah.

I'm getting a headache trying to parse this into my head. My initial reaction is that pushing for this specifically is a really bizarre gambit that doesn't seem worth the risk this early in the game (even with a dead scum D1), but it's hard to tell without sitting down and mapping it out.
Wait what? Someone summarize this for me. I am lost a bit

Redirector?
So:
FA could be scum and lying about giving Cerb a power choice and killed him instead. This would be instantly outed by a town PR who picked the medium power linking up with Cerb tonight and outing the fact that FA is lying. However scum could have picked redirect last night and redirect the townPR->Cerb to themselves, at which point the medium power fails and we can no longer get the confirmation from Cerb.

Also of note, the medium can only target Cerb tonight, after that, he's not an option.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by Katsuki »

A
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2701, Sando wrote:
In post 2693, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2691, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2689, Sando wrote:
In post 2670, Ankamius wrote:That assumption still fails unless you also assume that scum would know D2's powers before the end of D1

But, that possibility I didn't think of. Did you ask the mod about it?
They could redirect onto themselves, it fails at that point, I just checked and it's in the Day1 FAQ.
mm...

That's actually concerning, yeah.

I'm getting a headache trying to parse this into my head. My initial reaction is that pushing for this specifically is a really bizarre gambit that doesn't seem worth the risk this early in the game (even with a dead scum D1), but it's hard to tell without sitting down and mapping it out.
Wait what? Someone summarize this for me. I am lost a bit

Redirector?
So:
FA could be scum and lying about giving Cerb a power choice and killed him instead. This would be instantly outed by a town PR who picked the medium power linking up with Cerb tonight and outing the fact that FA is lying. However scum could have picked redirect last night and redirect the townPR->Cerb to themselves, at which point the medium power fails and we can no longer get the confirmation from Cerb.

Also of note, the medium can only target Cerb tonight, after that, he's not an option.

So does power distribution come before or after kills? If this game follows NAR is that after or before?

If mod does
Power Submission
NK
Power distribute
That could end up with a fake guilty without the redirector necessary

If it is
Power submission
Power distribute
NK
Then yeah that makes sense

@Sakura
Sorry I haven’t processed everything yet. It’s going hella fast
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:58 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 2704, MathBlade wrote:So does power distribution come before or after kills? If this game follows NAR is that after or before?
I dunno exactly where, but I'm pretty sure somewhere we confirmed you could use powers same night you got them. This seems to confirm that kills come after new-power use, but I can see some wiggle room there.

Also there were 2 deadlines overnight, leader vote and actions, so it seems actions and power-choice is rolled up into one deadline, for whatever that is worth.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 2704, MathBlade wrote:That could end up with a fake guilty without the redirector necessary
We're assuming the redirector will target Cerb tonight, not last night (where they'd redirect the kill onto themselves). Town medium didn't know who was dead, so unless they wanted to strike up a convo with scum they probably didn't use the power if they chose it.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Btw please do remember while choosing teams that a player may only use ONE super power per night.
Also please do remember that you can choose anywhere from 0 to 5 ppl.
Also please do remember to not include me in any super hero team.

Thanks in advance.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 2705, Sando wrote:I dunno exactly where
In post 2, The Dream Weaver wrote:6. A Superpower may be acquired and used in the same Night Phase.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

just read post 2.
You're welcome
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Cool. I am going to bed but FA if you see this please nominate two townreads for leadership this way scum can’t take shit over.

Will brainstorm more tomorrow.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:08 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 2524, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2508, Shiro wrote:
In post 2502, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2420, Shiro wrote:And because it always gives us confscum and conftown tommorow.
WHAT ABOUT VANILLA FLIP JFC
If she flipped vanilla obviously nothing. It changes the whole meaning.
The fact you didn't detail anything tells me you wanted that left open. Sorry, you're caught out.
Because it is Damn open. That's not so hard to see.

None of yiu can find any reason I could be doing this as scum I explained to her that from a town her pov I am suggesting to give town power. To lynch what katsuki? WOAH.

Yea if she flipped just vanilla I woukd have said Welp at least we got rid of a distraction.
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Shiro »

It sucks that when I attempt to get involved people scumread me without even looking at my way of thinking.

Like for real had I done nothing and continue just posting cute stuff I would have no votes on me but for some odd reason I decided to you know just screw myself.
*sigh*

In other news Gamma might actually be scum trying to find an easyish place to park a vote.
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

VOTE: Drix
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 2707, Sakura Hana wrote:Btw please do remember while choosing teams that a player may only use ONE super power per night.
Dis a good point.

@Mod: Is Duplication considered a "night" ability? Ie does the PR use the power at night for the following day, or is it a daytime ability that therefore doesn't count against the single power per night.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

a--a-- ------ ----- -a----a--
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

And they say that A HERO WILL SAVE US
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by Drixx »

Firstly: this push to make me the "compromise" lynch with the deadline rapidly approaching is bullshit. Nobody has put forward any valid reasoning (let alone sound) for supposing I'm scum. What
has
happened is a player list full of people who know how effective Cerberus and I are in how we play the game, as long as we're left alive to do our thing, has managed to have Cerb dead on night one and is somehow setting me up to be lynched on day 2 for literally no reasoning whatsoever.

ANY looking into my recent play history at all is going to show you that I moved ~9 months ago and haven't played much since, and that my play has been lower intensity since I've started up again. That makes the only "argument" I've seen against me a total non starter. Anyone who has watched me at work and seen me at work in large games should know that D2 lynching me for no reason is borderline brain dead.

Anyone who has a vote on me or puts a vote on me this day phase:
I have a small request, which should be no problem for you: Make a post that puts your ego on the line over your belief that I'm scum.
-- If you want to know what I mean, go look at the signature for Reasonably Rational. So far I'm seeing a bunch of horse shit and ya'll deserve to be quote shamed after the game if you keep on with it.

AS A REMINDER:
I am busy on Sundays (it's 2:24am on Sunday right now). I will have a couple of short time windows from my phone to post for the next 24 hours. Please refrain from doing stupid shit and ending the day before I can at least weigh in on whatever responses come to this post and whatever other crap gets posted while I'm busy.

In post 2541, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2540, zMuffinMan wrote:not reading recent pages right now

just did a quick iso of drixx's recent posts

he's still scum

lynch him, thanks
No. Do something other than spam something obviously false.

What are your other reads? Because while I am alive Drixx should never be lynched.
I appreciate the defense, but you should be aware it has gotten to paranoia territory for me. Like ... you actually legitimately surprised me with a couple of your observations and I feel like I need to adjust some things I do as a matter of habit but ... yeah.
In post 2546, zMuffinMan wrote:yeah, this is clearly not one of those mythical good games you apparently have
Are you actually capable of playing without being an asshole to other players? Is that like ... a possible thing? We're all somewhere along the way from "just got introduced to the game" to the eventual "I've learned how to spot the shit nobody can hide and this game has no further challenge", and I'd suggest most of us are closer to the start of that progression than the end. There just ain't no reason for you to be waving your dick around at everyone.
In post 2560, MathBlade wrote:If I am wrong in my assessment of Drixx town I need to learn why. Especially since mafia is an associative game.

So please demonstrate how I fucked up.

It’s a major problem with mafiascum as a whole. Instead of helping we are destructive.
Post of the fucking year here. We have this great community of people who are on the whole quite intelligent and generally fun to play with and hang out with ... and instead of enjoying it we have to attack each other all the time? Like ... who the fuck cares who is the "best" or "better"? It's a game. If you are so invested in your relative standing in this community that you gotta tear into people to make yourself feel good/better/okay/etc., I would suggest you got bigger fish to fry.
In post 2564, zMuffinMan wrote:honestly, i don't really care about showing anyone why drixx is scum if they're unable to read his ISO and see it. maybe if i was invested in this game or cared about the outcome i might try, but i'm not and i don't

if you link me directly to whatever you're talking about, i'll respond to that and tell you why you're wrong, but i'm just not interested in getting into an argument about it atm so if you disagree, i don't care
This is a horse shit post. My ISO simply isn't long enough for you to pull this kind of post. You could literally wall of quotes me and respond to every post I've made and it wouldn't take you more than a half hour, tops. Shit or get off the pot bub.
In post 2571, MathBlade wrote:That alternate theory just doesn’t follow Drixx meta.
Just the obligatory reminder that relying on meta is dangerous, etc...
In post 2574, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2316, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1214, Titus wrote:
In post 1212, Drixx wrote:
In post 1210, Titus wrote:Everytime I try to get engagement on my reads, I get ignored and tell me to plug my nose. What specifically should I do? Ignore charismatic scum possibility is not the answer.
Can you clarify this?
Hi Drixx.

Everytime I tried to engage on numbers in a substantive way, I got attacked.

What I say about Numbers gets ignored except for 1 comment by worst.

Numbers is basically just parroting suspicions and not calling anyone town.

Got any thoughts please? Like I miss you. NAI miss you.
Drixx is like obvTown from this post alone

When I was being stupid/unclear in the hydra that was like his phrase.

Titus reads like gasping scum there

“Give me things so I can say other things that cause people to lose focus”
1212 — Can you clarify this? That is Drixx speak for “what the fuck you’re full of shit please go back and talk about it so I can help you”
In post 2575, zMuffinMan wrote:no, it isn't

you're interpreting that incorrectly
Actually that kind of is me being polite. You only need to read the uncensored logs from Cerb and me in hydra together to see just how much I don't give a shit about being polite when talking with a hydra partner (and QED when thinking). I do try and be polite and civil to people who haven't already shown they aren't capable of it because I do believe that civility is a positive thing. But when I'm reading your posts and making notes ... I'm probably thinking/noting much closer to what Math said than what you see me say.

I just assumed most of us here were like that. The snark is strong among us.
In post 2600, Sando wrote:
In post 2595, MathBlade wrote:Like I don’t understand how this connects with Drixx. I have known Drixx a long while. When Drixx gets fired up you’ll know it and see it. Like I see him scumhunting but that point was underdeveloped and I see him trying to form a town block. So I see your point (a tree) but I don’t see the forest
My point was I wasn't just disagreeing with Titus on setup, I was SRing her due to her follow up to that setup. I don't think it's valid as a defence of Drixx's vote on me, for Drixx and Gamma to agree about Titus' bad setup spec, and thus turn their gaze towards me.

I'm not saying Drixx is scum, I'm saying your reasoning for TRing him is faulty, and thus I also think SRing Drixx's accusers is faulty (for that, SR them for other stuff all you want).
Actually Math has really solid reasons for arriving at the correct conclusion about me. The level of certainty is something to keep in mind but the reasoning is sound.

And yeah ... you got the vote for reasons I thought I developed enough to be obvious. I'm posting more stuff each post and less frequently than before my break, which is mostly a function of the changes in my time at the computer. If you don't think something is clear you can ask.
In post 2639, Ankamius wrote:FA/Toranaga/myself are all confirmed strongly townreading each other

I'd bet money Mathblade is town

I'm not convinced on Drixx myself until I have an opportunity to speak to him myself

The rest of the people I'm most interested in trying to lock are the green question marks
I'll look particularly for anything you direct my way.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

wow, that post was so obvtown, dont see how anyone would want to vote drixx after that
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:48 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 2718, zMuffinMan wrote:wow, that post was so obvtown, dont see how anyone would want to vote drixx after that
Oh hey! Sarcasm!

If you want something more from me, then stop pushing me literally without any reasoning and engage with me. There's a large player list here and the vast majority of them are skating by because you can't be bothered to actually give any reasoning for (or put your ego on the line for that matter) claiming that I'm obvscum. But you keep pushing that idea and saying its self evident.

So far today we've had you and Sando winding up Titus to get a bunch of distraction going and you dropping in (with help from a couple others to a lesser extent) and pushing me to defend myself instead of spend my time on other stuff.

So like I said: shit or get off the pot.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

let me quote the part of that post that was a legitimate attempt at sorting at least one player in the game...

[quote][/quote]
huh? that's strange... what happened to his post...?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 2720, zMuffinMan wrote:let me quote the part of that post that was a legitimate attempt at sorting at least one player in the game...
huh? that's strange... what happened to his post...?
Let's see:

1.) It's actually a little scummy and worth paying further attention to the level to which Math has defended me since replacing in. Scum math can come up with good reasons to explain the alignment that scum math knows I am just as easily as town math could come up with that reasoning. That's a note of suspicion. That's part of the process of sorting players.

2.) Pointing out that your "I don't have time/it would be too much work" bullshit when asked to actually make a case against me is irrational and bullshit is calling you out and suggesting that your behavior is scummy.

Look at that ... sorting two people out without even having to go into implications or tangential thoughts.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

neither of those are conclusions you came to there and if you legitimately thought i was scum youd have voted me by now

PS please stop inundating the thread with so many reads and so much town content, we already see how obvtown you are
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

might it perchance be that youre not voting me because youre worried about how it will make you look if i manage to get lynched or if my lynch doesnt go through? or are you hoping others push it so you dont need to?

nah, couldnt be either of those because youre obvtown
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 2722, zMuffinMan wrote:neither of those are conclusions you came to there and if you legitimately thought i was scum youd have voted me by now

PS please stop inundating the thread with so many reads and so much town content, we already see how obvtown you are
You obviously have forgotten how I use my vote. I'm irritated at your refusal to actually play the game and your insistence upon acting like a spoiled 3 year old, but that hardly merits a vote. I've asked and prodded and pushed you and even called bullshit to your refusal to actually give reasoning for a read on me. At some point, you will actually give some reasons. Or it will get close enough to the end of the day that I will conclude that we're better off without you, even if you are only behaving like a 3 year old and aren't scum, at which point you will get my vote and an actual push from my with why I feel the game is better off without you as you are currently behaving.

Or you could ... you know ... do what several people have asked and produce reasoning. Stand or fall on the merits of what you
claim
should be absurdly obvious.

Who knows ... you might actually have some valid (but unsound) reasoning there. Don't know till you actually stop with the bullshit and produce it, and lynching someone primarily to avoid dealing with the kind of stubborn bullshit you're demonstrating is not a measure of first resort.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”