Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 1457, mutantdevle wrote:Because the claims are insignificant until tomorrow. Aka the claims are insignificant.

If I still had my vote I'd vote again right now.
???
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

This is confusing me
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Wait is scum just Mutant lol. Let me check
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1465, mastina wrote:So.

mutant.
You've got some 'splainin' to do.

Because everyone alive is someone you've claimed a hide behind.
Well, I never actually hinted that I hid behind BNL - I hinted that I hid behind pine. But then pine died that night so naturally you’d think I must have hid behind BNL in order to still be alive.

Maybe it has something to do with not actually being a hider ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Which gives us 2 questions. First of all, you’re probably thinking “what the fuck mutant you’ve literally been leaving crumbs all game!”. Secondly, my question to you is, do you think they killed pine because they finally noticed my crumb?

Actually, I have a third question - you mentioned on day 2 you asked the mod a question and if I asked the same question I wouldn’t get the answer I expected. I never figured out what you quite meant by that and I wasn’t sure how to ask questions about a role I don’t actually have anyway.

Oh, and before you accuse me of being scum for pretending to be a hider all game, you should probably realise I’d never pull such a gambit without a strong method of getting out of it. I’m guessing you can probably figure it out since you got my hider crumbs, but I’ll post properly in the morning as it’s 1 AM and I’m in bed on my phone. In the meantime you should start thinking about whether we are lynching the ninja or the owl.
I mostly just lurk now.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

WHAT IS YOUR ROLE MUTANT THANKS?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

ALSO MUTANT STOP BUDDYING MASTINA THANKS!
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

I HAVE TO GO BUT CLAIM MUTANT AND THEN CLAIM MASTINA AND DO NOT VOTE THANKS BYE!
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by Awoo »

mastina do you have some sort of communication with mutant? are you like a neighbor or are you reading the crumbs well?

Are we going to NL today? I think mutant is scum because so far everything he has said is bullshit today
============
Well, I never actually hinted that I hid behind BNL - I hinted that I hid behind pine. But then pine died that night so naturally you’d think I must have hid behind BNL in order to still be alive.

Maybe it has something to do with not actually being a hider ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
fullclaim idiot

Which gives us 2 questions. First of all, you’re probably thinking “what the fuck mutant you’ve literally been leaving crumbs all game!”. Secondly, my question to you is, do you think they killed pine because they finally noticed my crumb?
pine faked an inno on implosion idiot the fact that you even made this about yourself is scummy as hell
Oh, and before you accuse me of being scum for pretending to be a hider all game, you should probably realise I’d never pull such a gambit without a strong method of getting out of it. I’m guessing you can probably figure it out since you got my hider crumbs, but I’ll post properly in the morning as it’s 1 AM and I’m in bed on my phone. In the meantime you should start thinking about whether we are lynching the ninja or the owl.
*gets caught*

hahah guys i would never get caught as scum hahah why would you think that of course im smarter then that hahahaha am i right guys *jabs with elbow* *weak smile*

fullclaim idiot
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Awoo »

mylo is bleeding town ITT

mastina: time to reveal all information please
mutant: why the hell are you being intentionally shady in mylo like "haha i know things you don't" there is literally 0 town motivation for this, this is going to be the last day in the game if your role is like compulsive hider and causes us to potentially die if we NL, if not we can NL and confirm one of me or mylo as town if you want ???
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1467, Myloninja13 wrote:Is he a weak hider? And how do you know this lol
Because mutant claimed from his very first post he was a PR, stating the game was role madness.

As I knew that to not be the case, I fact-checked him. He had a small enough pool of games that I needed to make sure he was actually a town power role since I was going to lynch him on the spot otherwise.

I don't remember
all
of the roles he's been, but when he breadcrumbed hiding behind Awoo at the end of D1, and then breadcrumbed that Awoo was innocent, I picked up on it instantly. To whit,
In post 11, mutantdevle wrote:Also, since this is
probably
a PR heavy game, I'd like to request that
no one crumb their role
, scum will spot it and they WILL kill you for it. Anyone who feels like their role is useless should feel free to drop a fake crumb though if they want to bite a night kill :P. But of course, don't be so obvious about it that it's
too
obvious.
In post 46, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 20, BNL wrote:I disagree with the second paragraph. I agree this is likely to be role madness, but this means crumbs are not as useful for scum as everyone is a role so PR wise it doesn't matter much who they kill.
Yeah, but if you crumb that you're a cop then, unless it's encrypted in such a stupid way, scum are going to kill you. As a cop, you shouldn't be subjecting yourself to a more likely death.
In post 160, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 151, BNL wrote:I agree with the mutantdevle vote. Other than the mentioned awkward 138, many of his comments are related to addressing points at him. He seems more interested in self defense than scum hunting.
"Maybe mutant has a reason to not be scum hunting but instead of asking him that reason I'm just going to opportunistically vote for him and paint him as scum for it."

And ofc I'm going to seem more interested in self-defence than scum hunting when I've done literally no scum hunting at all...
In post 209, mutantdevle wrote:Just to clarify, I'm not refusing to scum hunt. I'm just saying you shouldn't expect it from me. Assuming your definition of scum hunting is asking questions and analysing posts, I do that as and when I see fit and now when pressured to do so.

There are many ways I can contribute to the game without doing the typical boring mainstream stuff. First of all, this is a role madness game, obviously, I have my role to help with. Next is my vote. I will sheep where I see strong cases and pressure as I desire. My reads are not and probably never will be strong, so I've kinda given up on them. You're better rolling a dice on who to lynch than lynch my scum reads. Additionally, whilst this won't be so relevant in the current game state, my main townie skill is mechanical solving and setup spec. It's scum hunting in a different way to reads. I doubt that's going to be too useful given the nature of this game, but not being able to rely on this won't make my traditional scum hunting any stronger.

I'm tired of forcing myself to come up with reads in games. Truth be told, I still null read most people in days 2, 3, etc. I don't like forcing myself to be like "hmm well this is a town lean because they look kinda town but I'm not confident". If I'm not confident in a read, I don't really have it IMO. I'm just along for the ride. I'm cooperative and obedient so my playstyle doesn't harm town in any way. I'm better off this way because I'm the kind of person that gets your strong town PRs lynched if you force me to case people and push my poorly formed reads from poor scum hunting.
(^This is where I first began to suspect it, because this was a red flag to me of mutant being an investigative: "I don't need to scumhunt, because my role will do the scumhunting for me".)
In post 675, mutantdevle wrote:Just doing this before I go to sleep - awoo.

Yes.
And here you have the last post mutant made before nightstart, followed by...
In post 756, mutantdevle wrote:Imo, Awoo is as good as town now.
...One of the first posts in the next day.
In post 763, mutantdevle wrote:Reads wise, Awoo is town. That's all I can say with confidence at the moment. I like and dislike various people but don't wish to elaborate on that. I do like the tension between individuals though. Nice pushes, nice responses, it's healthy I hope.
With reinforcement here.
In post 793, mastina wrote:
In post 716, Wisdom wrote:because awoo is town
This is true!
In post 743, implosion wrote:mastina, do you still think Awoo is scum?
Absolutely not, no, but I'm finding it hard to describe why not without giving it away. (It's not because of my role, it's not because of Awoo's role obv, it's because of someone else's. I wish I could give details, but doing so would out them. But suffice to say: yes, person, I got the message loud and clear; Awoo is town.)
I signal to mutant that I figured his breadcrumbs out here.
In post 797, mastina wrote:Awoo
BulletNLynchproof
mutantdevle
Pine
Errantparabola
Ms Marangal
the worst
implosion
Kokichi Oma
Myloninja13

Here, have my readslist without spaces. (I have good reason for not giving spaces; I'm trying to hide one or two things which spaces in my reads would give away.)
This readslist, when you give spaces, would have been:
Awoo
BulletNLynchproof
mutantdevle

Pine
Errantparabola
Ms Marangal
the worst

implosion
Kokichi Oma
Myloninja13

Or thereabouts. But the point is, it was without spaces to hide the fact that mutant was town via claim to me.
In post 856, mastina wrote:
In post 836, implosion wrote:This is already a
lot
of town power claimed between full tracker, 2-shot weak doc, BNL's role and vengeful modified babysitter.
Don't forget I also know there's an investigative with a hard-innocent on Awoo.

Oh and then there's the investigative on top of that, who simply targets a name outside of Kokichi Oma/second-most-widely-scumread-player/the worst/BulletNLynchproof (all of which would be a waste).
In post 859, mastina wrote:Oh, and said roleblocker?

If said roleblocker is on BulletNLynchproof, they are
not
on the investigative out there that inno'd you.
^Small confession, there was a technical inaccuracy in here, but it was deliberate as to hide WHICH investigative role mutant was. I knew that a roleblocker couldn't work on mutant because the hider he was came from a game where the hide made him immune to all night actions, like a commute.
In post 940, mastina wrote:
In post 883, implosion wrote:And we should probably just massclaim, frankly.
Yeah, no. That would be massively, MASSIVELY anti-town at this point given that I know who the fourth investigative claim is and I would prefer it if as few options as possible were outed for it.
In post 950, mastina wrote:
In post 942, implosion wrote:Why would I, as scum with Kokichi, care at all if he's getting lynched today? He's dead tonight anyway.
Because then you have to deal with BulletNLynchproof as conftown, the worst as conftown whose track conftowns players, and an unknown third investigative somewhere in the midst that could guilty you or produce a hard inno on a prime mislynch candidate, e.g. Myloninja.
In post 942, implosion wrote:Okay. So from your point of view with knowledge I don't have, it's anti-town. Great. Why is this a point in favor of calling me scum?
Because scum want to know the roles of players so that they can salvage what is otherwise an unwinnable game for them. Denying them that opportunity is pro-town; trying to give it to them is pro-scum. You advocating for a massclaim is advocating for giving scum a road map to salvation.

Which is exactly what you'd do as scum when given a bad hand.
In post 954, mastina wrote:
In post 951, implosion wrote:I still don't understand why there's this mysterious third investigative. Or why I would know they exist as scum and would therefore be playing around them.
You know they exist because I, a town player, am telling you they exist. And if I am telling you that they exist, that means that they exist because I as a town player have no reason to lie about their existence. And your lack of understanding about this third investigative is
part of what makes it problematic

You DON'T understand how I could know there's an investigative unclaimed with an Awoo innocent yet have it not be me, but that is precisely the case. (I'd tell you how I know, but that'd give away the precise player for those astute and/or thorough enough.)
In post 964, mastina wrote:
In post 957, implosion wrote:and you telling me now that a third investigative exists
does not mean that i knew it existed when i was advocating massclaim
Oh really?
In post 793, mastina wrote:
In post 743, implosion wrote:mastina, do you still think Awoo is scum?
Absolutely not, no, but I'm finding it hard to describe why not without giving it away. (It's not because of my role, it's not because of Awoo's role obv, it's because of someone else's. I wish I could give details, but doing so would out them. But suffice to say: yes, person, I got the message loud and clear; Awoo is town.)
In post 797, mastina wrote:Here, have my readslist without spaces. (I have good reason for not giving spaces; I'm trying to hide one or two things which spaces in my reads would give away.)
In post 856, mastina wrote:
In post 836, implosion wrote:This is already a
lot
of town power claimed between full tracker, 2-shot weak doc, BNL's role and vengeful modified babysitter.
Don't forget I also know there's an investigative with a hard-innocent on Awoo.

Oh and then there's the investigative on top of that, who simply targets a name outside of Kokichi Oma/second-most-widely-scumread-player/the worst/BulletNLynchproof (all of which would be a waste).
In post 859, mastina wrote:If said roleblocker is on BulletNLynchproof, they are
not
on the worst, and
not
on the investigative out there that inno'd you.
In post 883, implosion wrote:And we should probably just massclaim, frankly.
So the suggestion to massclaim was made
before
I stated there was another investigative, you say?

Do tell.

Or are you going to claim you never read any of those in spite of literally over half of them directly involving you?
In post 956, implosion wrote:
mastina wrote:You know they exist because I, a town player, am telling you they exist.
You also told me awoo was scum
If anyone had any doubts about implosion, they need only look at this point right here because this is bad on a horrendous level. I forget what the term is. Maybe misrep, maybe strawman, but what it is is that he's comparing a completely different situation to this one as if it were equal.

I said that Awoo was scum on D1, based off of my read there and my understanding of Awoo's meta.

I am saying today that there is an investigative role with a hard innocent on Awoo.

Comparing the two is comparing apples to oranges. Actually, comparing apples and oranges would have more in common with one another than comparing the two situations because the two situations have literally nothing in common.

Stating Awoo was scum was a read.
Stating there is a fucking power role with an innocent on Awoo is not a read.
Plenty on my end, but mutant furthered things on his end, too.
In post 985, mutantdevle wrote:I want to stay hidden. Watching. Waiting. Ready to strike at any moment. And then. When you least to expect. BAM. The game is over. The town has won.
In post 986, mastina wrote:Fuck.
Awoo isn't conftown.
I can't tell you the exact question I asked the mod without giving away both the identity and exact role of the "third investigative", but I can do this:
PLAYER WHO TARGETED AWOO:
Ask what'd happen if you targeted Espeonage.
The answer you get won't be what you thought it'd be, which VASTLY changes optimal usage of your role.
This was after I decided to take another look at mutant's hider role PM from the game in question. Specifically,
Mutant's role from that game wrote:Hide! - During the night you may target another player to hide behind them, making you immune to actions that target you. However, if the target you hide behind is killed, you will be killed as well. Furthermore, if you hide behind a werewolf (including the sleeper agent, if that player is not you) you will be slain instead. Your kill flavor will be Slained.
This role specified HIDING BEHIND
WEREWOLVES

This game featured MAFIA.

So I asked the mod: "This is a role mutantdevle held. If mutantdevle were to hold this role this game, would he die if he hid behind mafia, even though the original role specified werewolves?" KittyMo's response? "If that role were used, the player would not die."

HOWEVER.
In post 2, KittyMo wrote:
  • Each player receives the same Role PM
    (or a slightly modified version of one)
    that they have received in a past game on MafiaScum. This means that only Role PMs that were posted somewhere on the site (the game thread, PTs, quicktopics, etc.) will be used. Sample role PMs posted by the mod may be included if they appear to be identical to what the player received. Marathon Games, games replaced out of, or games that were not played on the account the player signed up under will also not be used. If a Role PM is only accessible by downloadable archive (due to the 2011 crash), it will not be used.
  • Other slight modifications to Role PMs may include: linking to the game the role PM was originally from, removal of fakeclaims, references to mechanics specific to an inapplicable game theme, and edits for clarification.
This made it possible that KittyMo modified the role. Simply make this sort of modification,
Say, like thisHide! - During the night you may target another player to hide behind them, making you immune to actions that target you. However, if the target you hide behind is killed, you will be killed as well. Furthermore, if you hide behind a mafia you will be slain instead. Your kill flavor will be Slained.
A one word modification to the role PM, and suddenly, mutantdevle is again an investigative.

This is what I was asking him. I was asking him to ask the mod if he would die when hiding behind Espeonage--aka, if he had the to-the-letter literal role from the original game unmodified (and thus, is a non-weak hider this game), or if the spirit behind the role meant he was a weak hider in this game.
In post 997, mastina wrote:Aside from the investigative-which-doesn't-actually-have-the-innocent-on-Awoo-they-thought-they-did, literally everyone in the game who is going to claim a PR, has claimed a PR. So by then, you would have known that your breadcrumbed role was safe to claim.
In post 1089, mastina wrote:This game has, basically-confirmed, the existence of a fourth hidden role. (Admittedly though the player
isn't
hiding
their role nearly as well as I'd prefer
but OH WELL.)
Hard to get more explicit than that.
In post 1118, mutantdevle wrote:I think Mastina was wrong about not lynching kokichi. What she said blatantly ignores how 1 scum left neutralises the scum PRs regardless (if they want to perform the night kill) and I don't understand why she would miss that. I might have to go to her house and talk to her about it over a cup of tea and a biscuit >:)
Here mutant 'crumbed his N2 target of me.
In post 1152, mastina wrote:
In post 1125, implosion wrote:surely, this MUST be massclaim day.
Absolutely not, no.

Two scum dead, all investigatives (minus Wisdom) alive, scum having no idea who the fourth PR is (and maybe even having shot someone immune to death as a result), massclaiming is absolutely not the play here.
In post 1142, BNL wrote:
In post 1138, the worst wrote:not doing anything til Awoo explains dat vote
Pretty sure he thinks that scum forgot to submit an action, and Mara fits that bill.
There are only two options for the night as far as I'm concerned.
One, the scum used their role instead of the nightkill. In which case, town is likely in for a nasty surprise at some point.
Or two, the scum attempted a kill on a player that could not be nightkilled. In which case, the scum utterly failed to correctly identify the fourth PR.

There's no other option.
In post 1164, mutantdevle wrote:Though there is a good chance I won't claim at all this game.
"I won't need to claim because my death due to hide will do the claiming for me".
In post 1179, mastina wrote:
In post 1156, implosion wrote:1) This is the biggest reason, and isn't purely mechanical, it's more pragmatic: with all of the setup info on the table for everyone to look at, we can collectively decide whether or not we think all PR claims are truthful based on balance, and narrow the lynchpool.
Yeah the thing is there's only one PR left unclaimed; we can instead not massclaim and agree we lynch any PR claim save for the one person who has a clear record demonstrating precisely what they are.
(I've known it since D1 since they accidentally gave it away VERY early on. To prove I know it--this player with the unclaimed PR had that PR in a game modded by a current-or-former skittle. Which I realize doesn't narrow it down that much; I can tell you type of skittle OR former/current if need be.)
In post 1156, implosion wrote:We can avoid mislynches that might have occurred based on unclaimed information.
This will not happen. The player with the last role has been very overt with their breadcrumbs and upon their death it will be impossible to miss their night actions.

On that note, said player has a chance of dieing during the night, soooooooooooooooo.
In post 1156, implosion wrote:3) We can audit everyone's completed games to ensure that claims aren't similar to scum roles they've had; in most cases here, confirmable role = confirmable alignment.
I already did this for the player in question. If they have any scumgame with this role or a role similar, I missed it.

Thus, this is worthless.
In post 1156, implosion wrote:4) I've said this before, but I'll reiterate, because it's critically important to understand: we are ahead. Really, really ahead. In games, when you are ahead, you want to reduce the potential variance in the game so as to avoid as many unlikely loss situations as possible.
The thing about massclaim--and this is the biggest flaw with your argument:

Massclaim works on a principle which is almost identical to risk-reward.
It is gain, versus loss.

The time to massclaim is the time where the most is gained and the least is lost.

Right now, if we massclaimed, information which the scum desperately need would be given to them--meaning we lose a lot.
Yet that information gives the town nothing of actual use--meaning we gain nothing.

This is all you need in order to know massclaim is not happening today.

Or for a long time at that.
In post 1156, implosion wrote:How do you know that they don't know who the fourth PR is?
Because if they did, then we would have had a nightkill last night which resulted in said PR being dead. The last PR is one which they can in fact kill. Quite easily,
given how poorly they're hidden

Instead, the LACK of nightkill serves as potential proof that they
don't
know. EVEN IF THEY KNOW THE PR'S IDENTITY, they don't know the PR's power.
In post 1156, implosion wrote:And what's the downside of them knowing, given that they already know plenty of good nightkill choices?
Because giving a roadmap to the scum of who to kill is exactly the fucking thing we do if we're looking to turn our advantage into a loss?
Can't get much more explicit than this. The game mutantdevle was a hider was moderated by T-Bone, a current skittle, of the listmod variety. I could tell you "current" or "listmod", but not both because there's only, what, five current listmods? Some small number like that, which mutant presumably hasn't played many games modded by under. Hiders have a high mortality rate. Also a reemphasis on hidden.
In post 1181, mastina wrote:
In post 1157, implosion wrote:Forgot to mention 5) we can force scum to 100% commit to a claim now, and prevent a possible power play later on. This ties hand-in-hand with the idea of reducing variance.
The one and only player who holds a PR this game not already claimed has absolutely zero wiggle room on it. They have locked this claim in since D1, and there is no way to back out of it.

They
should thus remain hidden
as long as humanly possible.
In post 1162, implosion wrote:And isn't not having enough useful information on hand all the more reason to massclaim, to get as much useful information as possible?
Massclaiming won't give any useful information beyond the facts which are self-evident.

So yes. There's no useful unclaimed information, other than the information about the identity of the last PR.
More hidden. Also, mutant's death would make his claim self-evident.
In post 1193, mastina wrote:
In post 1192, Errantparabola wrote:based on night info i think NLing is not a terrible strat.
ABSOLUTELY NOT, no.

There is a RIDICULOUSLY high chance we'll have two deaths in a night before mylo, thus, placing us back on odds if we lynch every day.

If we no-lynch now, we will have to fucking no lynch AGAIN when--not if, WHEN--that second death happens in order to get onto odds.

In other words.

It wastes two entire day phases.

I'd rather eat a lynch than let us no-lynch.
Get off of evens, due to a hider death.
In post 1197, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 1188, Errantparabola wrote:VOTE: mastina
Please don't vote Mastina. They're a nice lady.
Confirmation of breadcrumbing that I am innocent.
In post 1271, mastina wrote:mutant hasn't claimed and frankly shouldn't.

Gamma hasn't; I don't think Pine has; you haven't as far as I can recall; I haven't explicitly done so though I've given it away indirectly; one of these five players is an unclaimed but heavily softed PR that I know the identity of, and every claim (which will be VT claims from all but one) will narrow down the exact identity of the final PR.

So we shouldn't be doing that.

In post 1297, mutantdevle wrote:@Myloninja13, yes.
Here, he breadcrumbed a hide behind Myloninja.
In post 1332, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 1330, Awoo wrote:Maybe but probably dont kill
mylo
Mastina
A birdie told me that we should never lynch either of those 2.

I say told me, but what I really mean in that I overheard the conversation whilst hiding in a tree to survive the onslaught of frogs.
Confirmation of hide, along with breadcrumb of it that is more explicit.
In post 1430, mutantdevle wrote:Also, not that it matters now, but I forgot about Awoo's vote when I hammered. Just a piece of trivia for ya.
I actually interpreted this as "I didn't get a chance to breadcrumb my target", which left two options--submitted nobody, or submitted BNL.
In post 1431, mutantdevle wrote:VOTE: Errantparabola

This is the obvious choice today right? If this flips town then that's when we start panicking a lil' bit.
And this led me to believe the latter, that he had hid behind BNL unannounced, thus, clearing everyone save for Errant.
In post 1432, mastina wrote:
In post 1430, mutantdevle wrote:Lol what. They murdered a misslynch target? Did they think Pine was an investigative because he said he was softening an inno? That's too funny.
I mean I can't see any other reason for scum to make that kill, which means the scum is blind as fuck as to what the setup in this game is because if scum knew what the remaining role was, they'd know just how stupendously obvious it was that it wasn't Pine.

And, yeah.

This should end the game, if I understand your meaning here correctly:

VOTE: Errantparabola.
Which brings us to today.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1478, mutantdevle wrote:Which gives us 2 questions. First of all, you’re probably thinking “what the fuck mutant you’ve literally been leaving crumbs all game!”. Secondly, my question to you is, do you think they killed pine because they finally noticed my crumb?
It is possible. The options are they finally caught onto your breadcrumb and killed him for it, or they thought that Pine was a role.

I lean towards the latter, but the former isn't impossible.
In post 1478, mutantdevle wrote:Oh, and before you accuse me of being scum for pretending to be a hider all game, you should probably realise I’d never pull such a gambit without a strong method of getting out of it. I’m guessing you can probably figure it out since you got my hider crumbs
I do indeed. By my calculations, we'd be THOROUGHLY underpowered if there wasn't in fact a fourth PR. (It's not impossible, sure, yeah. But it's less probable.)

And when I did the research, I found one other role that I figured you could plausibly be. One which, if sprung as late as humanly possible, would be immensely pro-town and that also matches the descriptions you've given:

It is, indeed.

Not a role YOU need to claim.

Because SOMEONE ELSE does the job of revealing it.

But I am in fact expecting it. Something which would entirely clear you altogether, yes?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Warning:
In post 1, KittyMo wrote:
Be familiar with and follow the Site Rules.
Specific Site Rules that are common issues are restated below.
2) Do not quote, screenshot, or cite timestamps of any private communication with the mod or within Private Topics. You may, however, paraphrase.
Do not use quotes, including quotation marks, in reference to private communication with other players or the mod, whether real or fabricated.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1481, Myloninja13 wrote:CLAIM MASTINA
I claimed VT implicitly somewhere in the D2-D4 range, where I stated "every player save the fourth PR--who is not me--has claimed".

But to get explicit, you're in for a ride.
In post 232, mastina wrote:I'll leave this as an open challenge.
If you think you know what my role is, you can give me the Correct Answer to this:
Simple callsignSomething replaces D.
It starts here. I was looking for an answer of "K". Alternatively, "Okay"; I'd have accepted an answer of Okay's synonym, "Alright". I'd also have settled for just, "A letter", because that would have let me know that you had picked up on my meaning.

Specifically, K replaces D. What does this mean?
In post 14, mastina wrote:As far as breadcrumbs, I'll actually give you three.
Spoiler: Incredibly Contrived, Convoluted Breadcrumb
So, my First Encounter with Markiplier was this video:

I quickly progressed to seeing him obsess over it with such moments as when he beat 4/20 mode...but I particularly loved seeing:

Now I bring this up, because this actually reminds me of some Newer content.
Specifically,

As for what this is a breadcrumb of...you'll neeeeeeeever find me. :P
For what it's worth, the second role hint (aka, my "incredibly generic doesn't-really-narrow-it-down hint) is that the game I am breadcrumbing has at least some bitter feelings from me involved.
The third and final hint?

I am quite aware that mutant said we shouldn't breadcrumb.

I am on record as saying that this role actually
should
be breadcrumbed. (I'm not sure if I have explained the theory behind why this role should be breadcrumbed, but I know for a 100% fact, on MULTIPLE occasions, I can and have stated this role absolutely should be breadcrumbed.) When I roleclaim, I can go into the theory as to why. (Or if I die before claiming, then I'll do the theory talk in the dead PT.)
K replaces D. Baldi's Basics. Balki B.

Who is Balki B?

Balki B is the bastard who got me mislynched in Newbie whateverthenumberis Dragon Warrior. (Incidentally, Balki B's avatar was the same sock puppet found in that game for at least some period of time.) You can see the additional hints in there as well. "First Encounter", capitalized because that was my first encounter with Balki B. Newer, capitalized randomly to hint at it being a Newbie game. The bitter feelings are that I was V/LA during deadline and got deadline-lynched on D1 in spite of me having fairly good reads.

And yes.

I am on record as saying that you absolutely
should
breadcrumb being VT. In this case, it's a zero-risk, high-reward maneuver. You're breadcrumbing the truth, so it's not a lie. But it's something likely to attract the attention of the scum, increasing the odds that you die. Furthermore, even if you don't, scum are likely to waste actions on you that they otherwise wouldn't. It's altogether a sound plan, and the more overt, the better in this case.
In post 23, mastina wrote:
In post 22, implosion wrote:I will also say I'm more than a little worried that mastina's opening looks an awful lot like something she could have planned to do if she got a scum role PM when she /inned for this game, with a specific role that she had planned to fakeclaim in mind.
I don't plan fakeclaims before I receive my role PM (I mean I
do
plan OPENERS before I receive my role PM but I don't plan CLAIMS before I do; planned claims comes AFTER), I don't fakeclaim as scum, and this is NOT a role I would fakeclaim.

Guarantee you.
Vanilla Townie is not a role I would fakeclaim.
In post 63, mastina wrote:
In post 47, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 23, mastina wrote:and this is NOT a role I would fakeclaim.
How open you are to giving clues about your role makes me uncomfortable.
It makes sense when you know what role I have and know my philosophy for this role. I have a rather specific agenda to achieve, and this gives me the best path towards it.
The specific agenda is to attract the attention of scum. I WANTED scum to focus on me. And for that matter, having town focus on me was a good way to get reads on said town, too. Being a distraction for the REAL town PRs was my goal.
In post 179, mastina wrote:
In post 139, Ms Marangal wrote:VOTE: Mastina
I Really feel like wagoning this slot
I really feel like you're being dumb. (Especially since you're one of the few players in this playerlist to have a chance to know what role I possess off of my stance that this is a role which
should
be breadcrumbed. I breadcrumb ALL roles I have--even THIS one. Because no role, not even THIS one, should remain uncrumbed.)
Even VTs should breadcrumb that they are VT. They should make it a point to have their breadcrumbs be visible, but the meaning of said breadcrumbs be obscured. So the scum can tell that it's a breadcrumb, but not WHAT is being breadcrumbed. Forcing scum to guess--and since scum assume that no VT will breadcrumb, they guess wrong.

That's the main drive behind it, in fact.
Scum think VTs don't breadcrumb, so if a VT is caught breadcrumbing, then the scum are left clueless

And Mara has played enough with me to catch this policy of mine.
In post 232, mastina wrote:
In post 197, BNL wrote:I think with mastina talking about her role so much, I think it’s best to leave sorting her to another Day.
In post 198, Ms Marangal wrote:
In post 179, mastina wrote:
In post 139, Ms Marangal wrote:VOTE: Mastina
I Really feel like wagoning this slot
I really feel like you're being dumb. (Especially since you're one of the few players in this playerlist to have a chance to know what role I possess off of my stance that this is a role which
should
be breadcrumbed. I breadcrumb ALL roles I have--even THIS one. Because no role, not even THIS one, should remain uncrumbed.)
The only role that popped into my head was unlisted by you and I don't think our last game finished by the start of this so it wouldn't count. That leaves me a bit confused, but I guess I could leave you until tomorrow.
I know I have explained my stance on this role at least once on mastina, but actually, the main time I've explained my stance on this role is on mastin2. Most notably, in at least one (if not two) games from a specific time. (One game, 2014; the other, 2013. I know I 'crumbed this role in at least ONE of them, but I don't know which one; it could be both, or one, or the other, but it was there and I KNOW I explained it.)
Which I state here. I know the VT-breadcrumbing policy exists on at least one game on both accounts between mastina and mastin2. In particular, in either Sabotage Mafia or PINKMIN Mafia, I know for a fact I breadcrumbed in spite of being (well, starting as, at least) VT in both.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1487, mastina wrote:Balki B is the bastard who got me mislynched in Newbie whateverthenumberis Dragon Warrior.
To be clear.

That's my claim.

VT, from Newbie 1791 Dragon Warriors.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1486, KittyMo wrote:
In post 1, KittyMo wrote:
Be familiar with and follow the Site Rules.
Specific Site Rules that are common issues are restated below.
2) Do not quote, screenshot, or cite timestamps of any private communication with the mod or within Private Topics. You may, however, paraphrase.
Do not use quotes, including quotation marks, in reference to private communication with other players or the mod, whether real or fabricated.
I'd like to point out that as far as I know, you don't state in your rules that quotation marks count as quoting; you're highly against site norms to consider quotation marks to be quoting. I certainly don't; for me, quotation marks
are
paraphrasing.

It's your game of course so will respect your ruling, butstill.

Something you should be aware of is how this rule of yours is not clear to others given standard site meta runs counter to your rule.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:25 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Mastina is correct about everything they’ve said. You seemingly missed my original crumb though which I wanna point out when I get to my PC.

Also Awoo, every time you call me scum and mylo town you just make me smile because it makes the lynch today all the more easier of a decision.
I mostly just lurk now.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Awoo »

So should we NL today and mutant doesn't hide to confirm someone town?

if not, then
a) mutant being a hider explains the no-kill that one night
b) being a hider means that the nokill came from targeting mutant
c) if mastina knew that mutant was a hider, she would never have targeted him at night
d) awoo is innocent
combining a, b, c, d points to mylo as the last mafia.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Awoo »

Mutant are you actually considering me as mafia? that's pretty terrible because
1. you have to think I am mafia after what I've done this game
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:58 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Yes, I'm strongly considering you as mafia right now. It's either you or mylo.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:00 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Has Mylo claimed? I think mylo should claim.

Awoo I can't remember if you've claimed already or not but if you haven't then don't do it until mylo has - mylo could slip here.
I mostly just lurk now.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Awoo »

both VT read the game
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Awoo »

mylo can't slip, he has never been town PR and its all he has been saying all game. he's either mafia asetic or 1-shot PGO.

The case for me town is easy: I have played miles outside my scumrange on days 1 and 2. mylo lurked and remained sort of in the on the top of the suspiscion list but for some reason we decided to keep him alive the whole game because he claimed VT and wasn't really hurting anyone. Mutant you're talking to me like someone who just replaced in and has no idea what happened this game. I take it you weren't very engaged?
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Awoo »

stay neutral on your public stance right now mutant, don't show your hand. I think mylo is completely incapable of scumcasing me at all considering
1. he is mafia
2. i am very town
and I think you watching his failed attempt to do so will convince you that he is mafia.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:08 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1496, Awoo wrote:I take it you weren't very engaged?
Kinda. I was waiting for mylo tbh whilst following the town with whoever they seemed to want to vote.

May I just ask, why are you suddenly less aggressive towards me?
I mostly just lurk now.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Awoo »

btw wisdom was 2 out of 3 for his d1 scumteam

kokichi, mylo, implosion
Assosciatives

Kokichi never once talked about myloninja, talked a lot about me
Espeonage never once talked about myloninja, calls me lynchbait, later votes me as he goes down in flames.

Anyone who thinks I am still mafia go read my interactions with kokichi and compare them to other scum games. I struggle so much in forum mafia acting naturally to my partners and boom more evidence for me town.

PEDIT:

1. 4 finger plan, my post with ABCD in it. You being hider explains the nokill n2. The nokill had to come from someone targeting you. Mastina caught onto your crumbs and would not have target you. Given that implosion is a backup vig, it would make sense if your role really was the one that dies if it hides behind WW's and not mafia since the mod is proven to be trolly. Mylo and I did suspect you were a PR (well maybe since you claimed it) and an investigative. I am innocent. -> mylo is mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”