ceejayvinoya
, Skygazer
ceejayvinoya (2) -
Thor665
volxen

NotNova (1) -
Haylen

Not Voting (1) - CheekyTeeky

The above are for my own use because I like to see pretty colors and because I expect one to change soon ;)

@Cheeky Teeky - pretty sure you asked about the impossible shift that I was claiming happened from Ceejay to Volxen, to answer your question it would be xwing as the swing vote and Ceejay as also suspect within the same concept. If it wasn't you then that's the answer to whoever was acting like Ceejay was the counterwagon to Volxen (which I know included xwing and I think Reundo made that claim also - both are objectively wrong).

I would like to hear the claims of both Power roles for their night target.

I think the claim ordr should be;

Ceejay
*then*
Volxen

If anyone disagrees please let me know why, but considering Ceejay was more likely to be blocked if he was town (and should have objectively the more suspect claim unless you're blind) he should claim result first.

@CT - why didn't you want his claim first, or at all? Just auto ignoring it due to theory block and not even wanting the info?

Also, just as an [IC hat] moment;

I'd like you all to consider how the lynch went down, and whether that played out in a pro or anti town way. Did you get as much time to discuss the claims as you'd like? Did it feel like town was stumbling around and scrambling a bit? Would it, perhaps, have behooved us to cut out a few semi-wasted days in the middle? I recognize that replacements and the extension comprised some of those days - but this is a good point to analyze so you can maybe get an idea of *when* it is good to get the first L-1 and claim of a day (and I will personally suggest it should be done at *least* a week before deadline, though will note many disagree with me...that said, they're wrong ;) ) [/hat]
Alright, per your advice, I will let Ceejay reveal who he saved before I reveal who I targeted and placed in jail.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:33 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Hi. Here to say that I saved Volxen last night.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:36 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Definitely think jailkept guy is scum at this point.

Like the only universe I could see where jailkept guy is inno is if scum both rbed and tried to kill Volxen, which doesn't make sense.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 502, ceejayvinoya wrote:Definitely think jailkept guy is scum at this point.

Like the only universe I could see where jailkept guy is inno is if scum both rbed and tried to kill Volxen, which doesn't make sense.
i agree w this
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Skygazer »

and like don't let the jk target wifom their way out by talking about the possibility of a no kill or how they could've been targetted by a kill
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:44 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I'm getting the feeling scum no-killed to support the doc claim and to out the real doc whilst creating a mslynch today (the JK target). They would've RB'd Ceejay and shot volxen otherwise. Chances of volxen JK'ing the shooter is pretty slim but will be interesting to know who the target was.

Dislike skygazer's response as its what I'd expect from scum if my theory is true.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:49 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 499, Thor665 wrote:@CT - why didn't you want his claim first, or at all? Just auto ignoring it due to theory block and not even wanting the info?
Because I still think he's scum but was going to see if anyone would CC. It pretty obvious that he was going to claim volxen so idk why I'd ask the obvious?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Skygazer »

nah scum dont nk here

well maybe idk

im of the belief that itd be very stupid for scum to no kill with two (or even just one if one of volx/cj is scum?) PRs outed

granted this is a newbie so
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:12 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Last night I asked for no counter so if CJ fake claimed our JK would still be safe. So I think one of these two scenarios is most likely:

1. CJ is scum and there is another doc who protected the JK resulting in a no kill.
2. CJ is scum and there is an RB so both scum decided to nokill to get the real doc to claim so they could kill the JK today.

Other possible scenarios:

3. Scum decided to both RB and kill the JK but the JK was protected by doc CJ (least likely because this is ridiculous).
4. There is a scum RB who volxen correctly found and JK'd. (Chances are literally 1/9 to choose correctly) and CJ is the doc who managed to block the shot on volxen. This is more likely than 3 but less likely than 1 or 2 ime.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:12 am

Post by volxen »

I targeted
Skygazer
and put her in jail, as I have been strongly suspecting that the scum team is either NotNova/Skygazer or xwing/Skygazer after day 1 ended.

The fact that the nightkill didn’t go through makes me more convinced that she is scum. I think the following scenario is what played out:

The mafia roleblocker blocked CJ.

Skygazer attempted to kill me, but because I put her in jail, the kill didn’t go through.

Now if the scumteam wanted to, they could have guaranteed a night kill on CJ, because they could have roleblocked me (thus preventing me from jailing anyone) and just killed CJ. So I’m assuming I was the higher priority target for them, and since I didn’t list Skygazer as a scumread on day one, they figured the kill was not at too much risk of being stopped.

The only other plausible scenario to me is that CJ is scum rather than the doctor, but someone else is the doctor, and the real doctor protected me, and thus the scumteam didn’t know who to roleblock. So unless we are entertaining the possibility that Ceejay is actually VT but lied about being doctor to save himself, that pretty much means there is a 100% chance that either CJ is scum or Skygazer is scum, because these are the only two plausible scenarios that make sense for explaining why there was no nightkill. Currently, I’m inclined to believe that Ceejay is town and Skygazer is scum.

There were several things I looked at after day 1 to help me determine who I wanted to place in jail. To start with, I looked at the Thor wagon, Ceejay[UC] wagon, and Volxen wagon. All three of these wagons got up to L-1 status with four votes, and
I believe that each of these wagons had scum on them
. I didn’t focus on the Haylen wagon as much (though there was no doubt scum on the Haylen wagon), as that wagon formed in the very last hours on the day of the deadline, after both myself and CJ claimed power roles. And since {Volxen, CJ[UC], and Haylen} were presented as the only three lynch options, and Haylen himself apparently was not around to make a claim, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that he would be lynched after both myself and CJ claimed power roles with the very limited amount of time we had left before deadline.

Here was the vote count when Thor was at L-1:
In post 67, MarioManiac4 wrote:Image

Votecount 1.2
Thor665 (4)
horrordude0215
Reundo
, RCEnigma,
xwing

NotNova (1) - volxen
RCEnigma (1) - Thor665
xwing (1) - NotNova

Not Voting (2) - StandingWind, UC Voyager

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2018-09-18 02:50:39).
Here was the vote count when Ceejay was at L-1:
In post 232, MarioManiac4 wrote:Image

Votecount 1.7
ceejayvinoya (4)
- Thor665,
horrordude0215
xwing
, volxen
volxen (2) - NotNova, ceejayvinoya
angel7399 (1) - Reundo

Not Voting (2) - angel7399, RCEnigma

Deadline is currently frozen at 1 day, 21 hours, 35 minutes until all replacements have been found.
And here was the vote count when Volxen was at L-1:
In post 356, MarioManiac4 wrote:Image

Votecount 1.9
volxen (4)
- NotNova, ceejayvinoya,
xwing
Reundo

ceejayvinoya (2) - Thor665, volxen
NotNova (1) - CheekyTeeky

Not Voting (2) - Haylen, Skygazer

Deadline is in (expired on 2018-09-21 02:47:13).
In particular, it stuck out to me that all three of xwing, Sky[Horror], and Reundo were on more than one of these major day one wagons (which I emphasized in the vote counts). Most notably, xwing was on
ALL THREE
of these wagons. Sky[Horror] was on the Thor wagon and the CJ wagon. Reundo was on the Thor wagon and the Volxen wagon.

However, after reviewing his ISO a bit during night 1, I still believe that Reundo is likely town, despite him being on two of these wagons. So I focused more on xwing and Sky and their interactions. Though I still believe that NotNova could be scum with Sky.

One thing that’s interesting to note regarding xwing and Sky[Horror], is that they were both on the Thor and CJ wagons, and in both cases Sky[Horror]’s slot joined the wagon first. So if xwing and Sky[Horror] are scum together, this could be xwing sheeping his more experienced scum partner’s (Horror at the time) vote on both wagons. Vote-wise xwing was all over the place on day 1, and multiple people questioned his reasoning for being the L-1 voter on the Thor wagon in particular (“I want to stand out unlike my last game”).

Beyond their votes, I found some of the interactions between Sky[Horror]’s slot and xwing to be quite interesting.
In post 155, horrordude0215 wrote:I'm reading the game through right now and I'll be commenting on my thoughts as I go in a stream of consciousness dialogue style. I'm almost certainly going to be rehashing some things were already covered and explained, but as mafia is a game largely based on reactions, I believe in being as transparent as possible regarding what I'm thinking as I read the thread.

- UC's really confuses me. The vote and unvote is purely semantic, and his entire intro to the game is "I want to vote for Thor because he scares me but I don't want to actually apply pressure to him right now."
- I like Thor's early push for an RVS wagon. While I personally am not great at RVS analysis, being able to get an early wagon on someone allows us to gauge the overall gamestate and test reactions, thereby allowing us to move out of RVS and into the game at hand.
- In the same breath, I dislike Thor's comment about claiming that you don't want to lynch someone on page 1 is in any way AI [alignment indicative]. Yes, you want to place a vote on the person you would like to be lynched
eventually
, but there's definitely nothing wrong with saying that you don't want to lynch someone right this second when the game is a few hours old. ***Slight interjection as I'm about halfway through the thread - this is one of the aforementioned "hashed to death" issues in this game and further discussion of it would likely be inconsequential at this point in the game, but that was my first thought when I read this post.***
- Volxen gets town points for
In post 23, RCEnigma wrote:Reundo can confirm we are in fact, not scum partners.
This reads as potentially buddying to me.
- I'm really not a fan of xwing's . The reasoning for hopping on Thor's wagon seem very forced, even going so far as to admit it's a sheep of Reundo and RC's case.

- (Quick side note, I actually really appreciate that this game appears to be more content driven without the spamposting that is the meta on most other parts of the site.)
- looks like xwing trying to drum up reasoning for being on the wagon after being called out for their initially weak vote. I also don't like that they admit they would be voting elsewhere except that they wanted to put Thor at L-1. I'm a fan of early wagons, but when you're on page 2 I feel that there's nothing you would get from an L-1 vote that you wouldn't get from L-2, so intentionally joining the wagon is suspicious to me.
In post 58, NotNova wrote:Looking at the wagon again, unlike RCE, I think it lost momentum over time and don't see any particular reason to suspect him.
I disagree with this. The wagon was still at L-1 at this point with at least 3 slots (mine, UC, and the one currently being replaced) without a single serious post in the game. I don't know how you can properly judge the wagon with over 1/3 of the game inactive.
In post 77, RCEnigma wrote:Your second point is semantics. Yes that is exactly what a conversation is, yes you are swaying player A's vote in both examples. That's manipulation if it pushes your agenda.
Pointing out here that town have an agenda as well - their agenda is to lynch scum. Scum is more likely to intentionally use misinformation to get town to mislynch, but that doesn't mean that a misguided townie can't do the same thing unintentionally. The best way to sort these actions is to sort
how
they're conversing, and you learn a lot more about those interactions after a flip.
- xwing's feels genuine to me, as if they genuinely realize they made a mistake hopping on Thor's wagon without much explanation. Whether it's remorseful town or backtracking scum is to be determined.

- Initially thor/RC is reading as tvt.
In post 139, xwing wrote:what kind of pressure do you expect me to put on UC? have you read my rock solid case on him? (hmm maybe not yet but you will later..continue reading til the later pages).. i leaned scum on him on what..page 2..on why..his first post..do you think he will be pressured if i put my vote on him now? do you think others will be convinced and follow suit? honestly?
now it's more like im waiting for him to speak/address my question..when he comes back then i can engage with him more..
The thing is, it's honestly a pretty suspicious thing for you to not be voting for your strongest scumread at the moment. There's no such thing as a pressureless vote, and it's advantageous for town to use their vote with this knowledge in mind. Will you voting for UC cause people to suddenly drop everything and lolwagon him? Probably not. But your decision to pressure one of the inactive slots would at the very least be consistent with some of the reads you've posted so far, and it has the potential to get other players to look at the slot more in depth.
In post 146, Thor665 wrote:Frankly though, if you're town aren't you basically game throwing right now and being a jerk to all your fellow town team by not bothering to read posts to help catch a scum member or figure out a town member?
In xwing's defense, they have stated that this is their 2nd game on the site, and it's already far more in depth and requires a lot more attention than I would say is standard for a newbie game. Even I've had to resort to some skimming to help get through my readthrough - I don't think you necessarily have to read and absorb every word of a game to be able to play decently.

HEY YAY I'M CAUGHT UP ON THE THREAD.

I'm probably going to be doing some ISO reads and other things tomorrow to help me sort my thoughts on the game as a whole, but for right now

UNVOTE:
VOTE: UC Voyager

I'm okay pushing this button and seeing what comes out. There are some interesting associatives with xwing that I want to explore as well, so I would be good with a wagon on either right now.
Here Horror kind of goes back-and-forth on xwing, first criticizing xwing’s vote on Thor, but then he later defend’s xwing in the same post. He acts like he would be fine with either an xwing wagon or a UC wagon, but he votes for UC over xwing, claiming that there are some “interesting associatives” between UC and xwing that he wanted to explore. But at that point in time there had not been any back-and-forth conversation between xwing and UC. At that point in time the only thing that had happened between xwing and UC is that xwing asked UC about the broken vote tags in the post where he supposedly tried to vote for Thor (see: ), which was followed by xwing listing UC as a scumread (whom xwing hadn’t voted for yet – see: ). So Horror was incredibly vague about what “interesting associatives” he wanted to explore, and why voting for UC over xwing would better help him accomplish that goal. Especially considering he talked a lot more about xwing than UC in his post, and was arguably more critical of xwing (despite later defending him) than UC, but yet decided to vote for UC anyways.

And then here are several posts from Sky:
In post 269, Skygazer wrote:Page 2:

town pings from xwing for knowingly placing Thor at L-1 on page 2. Shows a lack of caution that doesn't come from newb-scum
Here Skygazer writes off xwing as town simply because he was the voter who brought Thor to L-1. I find that to be an incredibly poor reason to clear someone from being scum.

Skygazer made this post on 9/16/18 at 6:51 P.M. PST:
In post 271, Skygazer wrote:would lynch between CJ, Angel, and Volxen mostly on PoE

Volxen feels better to me than CJ and Angel.

Intent to hammer
after an Angel replacement is found unless the deadline is extended.
I find it interesting that she immediately arrived at the lynch pool of {CJ, Angel, Volxen}, which was the same exact lynch pool that both NotNova and xwing had. And like both of them, her initial preference was to lynch me specifically.

Then she made this post
one minute later
at 6:52 P.M. PST:
In post 272, Skygazer wrote:CJ wagon is not the worst due to early UC posts actually
So in one minute she went from wanting to hammer me, to now considering the CJ wagon. Quite a fast backpedal.
In post 274, Skygazer wrote:ill think it over,
im kind of unconcerned over who gets lynched
as long as its not one of my strong townreads

i may end up just sheeping whichever wagon has the majority of my townreads
This was several days before the deadline, but here it sounds like she isn’t interesting in sorting people on her own but instead just wants to follow her townreads. And she shows complete indifference to which of {Volxen, CJ, or Haylen} gets lynched, even though she knew all three of us couldn’t be scum.
In post 315, Skygazer wrote:
In post 283, Reundo wrote:I realize you probably don't stand by this too much, but I'd think someone as experienced as Thor wouldn't bother as much with being cautious as scum. That seems like something that would only really be AI if he was new as scum, or if he's naturally cautious when playing as scum as opposed to town, which I kind of doubt.
Thor's experience is precisely why I was examining the particular wording rather than the action itself. I wouldn't be surprised by him trying to lead an early wagon to L-2 as either alignment, so I'm not really townreading him for a lack of caution with that specific wagon attempt. It's just the particular way he used the word "me" (support me, oppose me, help me) struck me as something that would be odd for town to say. I also know from his interview that he tends to make early wagon pushes on Day 1 to help with forming reads and getting reactions, so the way he specifically mentions how the wagon being at L-2 will be more helpful to him lines up with my understanding of his town play. Granted, he's probably self-aware enough to be able to mimic his town-play really well, but this is exactly how I feel like town-Thor would play this out.
In post 283, Reundo wrote:Sky, what do you think about volxen being one of the first players to engage with Thor during RVS? Do you feel the same applies to volxen that he'd be too cautious to engage with Thor and draw his attention as scum?
That's a good question. I don't think a post like this shows a particular lack of caution:
In post 19, volxen wrote:Thor, why do you want to put RC at L-2 so early in the game? Do you really believe that his vote for Reundo was serious rather than RVS?
It feels like a really obvious question to ask, and he doesn't back up this engagement with a vote. Even by his post it feels like he's starting to form light stances (well, more implied stances from the questions he's asking) and ask the sort of questions that would normally be leading the town out of RVS but he still keeps his RVS vote. By the time Thor is at L-1, volx is the only player that questioned Thor about his comment about bringing RC to L-2 that hasn't voted for Thor yet. While wagoning a player to L-1 (Reundo, RCE, xwing) shows a distinct lack of caution that you'd see from newer scum players, not placing a vote on a player you've been questioning does show some sort of restraint/caution in my opinion.
Not enough for a full scumread, but volx's engagement with thor doesn't give me the same town pings that your vote, RCE's vote, and xwing's votes have.
She seems to be saying here that she isn’t full-blown scumreading me, but a few hours ago she was willing to place the hammer vote on me?
In post 424, Skygazer wrote:
In post 410, NotNova wrote:Scum now knows the setup, by the way, as we're definitely in row 2.
this feels like tmi
This was just… odd. Here NotNova was just stating a blatantly obvious fact: since I had just role claimed Jailkeeper, that meant we are in row 2 of the matrix. So unless she was doubting my role claim, then why suggest that this statement was “tmi”? If NotNova believed my role claim (which seems to be the case since he switched his vote), then it would be reasonable for him to point this out.
In post 430, Skygazer wrote:
In post 426, xwing wrote:
In post 424, Skygazer wrote:
In post 410, NotNova wrote:Scum now knows the setup, by the way, as we're definitely in row 2.
this feels like tmi
why?
nova's statement is factual..even i agree that mafia knows the setup now, assuming volxen is JK..
town, on the other hand..is sorta blind still..there might either be a doctor, a tracker, or no more PRs for us...
Nova's statement is correct if volx is the JK but the way the post is worded it feels like Nova
knows
that the claim is true.
In post 433, Skygazer wrote:Not doubting volxen at the moment but that doesn't mean someone who implies that the claim is 100% true doesn't have too much info
I think this is
incredibly
reachy. NotNova’s post does not come across like he has scum knowledge, which is what Sky seems to be implying here.

Another interesting thing about Sky is that she sorted every slot except for NotNova’s, which could potentially point to a NotNova/Sky pairing:

Here she lists Volxen, Ceejay, and Haylen as scumreads:
In post 271, Skygazer wrote:would lynch between CJ, Angel, and Volxen mostly on PoE

Volxen feels better to me than CJ and Angel.

Intent to hammer after an Angel replacement is found unless the deadline is extended.
And here she lists CT[RC], Reundo, xwing, and Thor as townreads:
In post 317, Skygazer wrote:
In post 289, NotNova wrote:I'm not exactly sure if xwing or Reundo have any clue of Thor's apparent reputation, considering Reundo at one point pretty much said he would never trust Thor's reads and xwing expressed surprised at his "celebrity" status, as he said. Not sure for RCE.
I'm not sure how the celebrity status thing changes much. He's still an IC. xwing putting him at L-1 on page 2 shows a distinct lack of caution that doesn't feel like it comes from scum regardless of Thor's celebrity status or IC status. Do you think I shouldn't be townreading those three, then?
In post 289, NotNova wrote:Who are your strongest townreads, then? Could you give some more reasoning on them?
RCE/Reundo/xwing are strongest, Thor not as strong
because I'm assuming he's self-aware enough to be able to mimick his town thought processes but he can hopefully be sorted better through PoE later on (I'd still sheep the heck out of him for the info, though).

I've already given reasonings (lack of caution/meta). If more stuff comes up as I start to actually play I'll be sure to mention it but I've done my read through and that's what I got from it.
Although in fairness to NotNova, he did question Sky about the fact that she didn’t sort him:
In post 321, NotNova wrote:I didn't mean the unvote when I was talking about "going back on it", I meant the general thought process behind voting Thor in the first place.

Considering there's a player in the game who played with xwing before, staying passive could in all likelihood earn them heat. If I have to pick between playing to perceived town-expectations as scum or continuing to do what you've been called out for, I pick the former as the likelier and overall smarter decision.
I can see your angle, but I don't think I agree.

I notice you haven't really mentioned me so far — do you have any read on me so far?
Do you give credemce to volxen's scumread on me? Have I been difficult to read or did something ping you wrong about my play?
At this point I am convinced that Sky is scum. And I know that there was scum on my wagon, and I don’t believe it is either Ceejay or Reundo. xwing/Sky seems like the most likely scumteam, but I haven’t ruled out the possibility of a NotNova/Sky scumteam yet either.

VOTE: Skygazer
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:18 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Either way scum have forced us to get a CC today if we want to confirm what happened but we can also choose to play this game assuming CJ and volxen are our PRs and just scumhunt again, hope for a red flip and see what scum do tonight.

Pedit Great posting volxen and I am definitely vibing with a sky/xwing team so maybe we just go with that. If sky flips green I think it confirms CJ as scum.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:19 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

VOTE: Skygazer
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:21 am

Post by volxen »

And regarding Ceejay, his roleclaim aside I started to get town pings from him from these posts:
In post 341, ceejayvinoya wrote:@Volxen do you have a previous game that I can parse? Or is this your first?
In post 395, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 353, volxen wrote:
In post 341, ceejayvinoya wrote:@Volxen do you have a previous game that I can parse? Or is this your first?
My only completed game is Newbie 1885 (I was town in it). Here is a link to it: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77049
You played well there. It doesn't merge with what I see here. I'm more certain now that volxen is scum here. He's much more townie and straightforward in this game he linked.
I got town pings from him for these two posts because he 1) was having a hard time reading me and was willing to put in the effort to read one of my previous games to do so and 2) didn’t try to get any town credit by doing so.

And actually, I could see how he could arrive at the conclusion that he did (even though it was wrong) – that I was scum in this game because my gameplay in this game was different than my town gameplay in Newbie 1885. The truth is that circumstances were very different for me in that game, namely that it 1) had a
MUCH
slower pace than this game, 2) most of the posts in that game were very short compared to this game having a lot of wall-posts, so reading and responding takes a lot more time in this game and 3) I wasn’t working at the time that I was playing Newbie 1885, so it was easy for me to be one of the most vocal and active posters in that game right off the bat, whereas in this game I genuinely got pretty busy in the beginning of the game, which unfortunately ended up making me look scummy (i.e., like I was purposefully active lurking). So putting all of that together, I did in fact have a stronger “town presence” on day 1 of Newbie 1885 than I did in day 1 of this game. So even though Ceejay was ultimately wrong about me, I could see how he could reasonably come to the conclusion he did by comparing my gameplay in this game to my town gameplay in Newbie 1885. The fact that he did all of this, without trying to gain any town credit for himself, leads me to believe that he is town, as I don’t really see any scum-motivation for him to do this.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Skygazer »

i take back everything i said scum definitely must have no kill gambitted
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:33 am

Post by NotNova »

In post 505, CheekyTeeky wrote:I'm getting the feeling scum no-killed to support the doc claim and to out the real doc whilst creating a mslynch today (the JK target). They would've RB'd Ceejay and shot volxen otherwise. Chances of volxen JK'ing the shooter is pretty slim but will be interesting to know who the target was.

Dislike skygazer's response as its what I'd expect from scum if my theory is true.
This is very tinfoil hat, but it struck me as a possibility. Is it possible we're in JK, VT, goon? From that point of view, ceejay picked a safe fakeclaim backed up with a no-kill? This creates a mislynch per ceejay's suggestion and town has no CC to the doc claim. There's some risk if volxen jails a real goon, but ceejay would still have a good standing on subsequent days, I think.

Are there any risks or inconsistencies I'm missing in this particular strategy? Any benefits as opposed to simply not claiming PR on D1? In both scenarios, how does ceejay get out of a mislynch?

Also, just as a theory question, does scum inactivity results in a NK? I'm not going to argue this is a viable scenario, it's simply out of curiosity.

Pedit: just saw volxen's and CT's posts. Volxen, I think you raise valid points and I'm going to vote Sky, I'm just going to ask someone to pacify me regarding the above. The tmi accusation was very weird to me when I read it during the night, though I'd have to check on the volxen/ceejay backpedal - I think they happened in fairly quick succession. One thing I have to ask - is Sky's insistence to lynch the jail and subsequent ironic twist more town than scum and how does one explain it?

VOTE: Skygazer L-2

This probably isn't the most informative post, lots of info to wrap my head around so it's mostly questions.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:47 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 513, Skygazer wrote:i take back everything i said scum definitely must have no kill gambitted
Towny.

VOTE: Ceejayvinoya

You being alive is enough really.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:02 am

Post by volxen »

Well I've never been in this situation before, so I would like to hear from others. So there are really two possibilities:

Scenario A: What I described in my post. The mafia roleblocker blocked CJ and Skygazer tried to kill me, but the kill failed because I put her in jail.

Scenario B: The no-kill gambit. The scumteam purposefully doesn't kill anyone so they can frame the JK target to be mislynched on day 2.

The problem I'm having with scenario B is, does it really provide a greater benefit to the scumteam in the long run compared to scenario A? it also has some risk, in the event that I actually do end up jailing scum, as opposed to a townie, which means they have to abort the entire plan of framing the JK target for the day 2 mislynch.

So why is that better than simply nightkilling (or at least trying to nightkill) one of the town power roles? How does scenario B benefit the scumteam going into night 2 and day 3?

It just seems very plausible to me that scenario A is the reality, and this is the scumteams fall-back plan to scumpaint CJ and make it look like he orchestrated all of this to frame the JK target (Sky). So if there is a lot of merit to scenario B realistically being more likely than scenario A, please help me understand why.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:10 am

Post by volxen »

Another issue I take with scenario B is, I did list CJ as one of my top scumreads on day 1. So what if I had jailed CJ instead of Sky, whom I only started to seriously suspect during night 1? So if CJ is scum, considering he was one of my top scumreads, I would think the scumteam would seriously consider the possibility that I would jail him, despite his roleclaim at the end of day 1. So in that scenario, they 1) lost an opportunity to kill a power role and 2) wouldn't be able to pursue their plan of getting the JK target mislynched. It just seems like scenario B presents a lot of risk to the scumteam with no guarantee of any benefit.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:34 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Volxen I appreciate your argument however I'll refrain from commenting until others have checked in and CJ has responded to the current arguments.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:02 am

Post by volxen »

In post 518, CheekyTeeky wrote:Volxen I appreciate your argument however I'll refrain from commenting until others have checked in and CJ has responded to the current arguments.
Well you are still my strongest townread, so I'm definitely eager to hear your take on things.
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:50 am

Post by xwing »

im here..but i think i need more time to keep re-reading and think this through (im at work)..

that said, im more or less convinced of volxen being JK..it's a hard role to choose to fake claim, and his content post reveal strike me as townie problem solving..

im still not so convinced of ceej being a doc, as i think it's still possible that we're in a different setup..and doc is an easy role to fake claim..if we're in a different setup there won't be any doc at all so there would be no cc..

re scum!sky, im considering it still..i'm convinced of volxen reasoning (e.g. it makes sense to me), but i need more time to think..having no NK still makes sense to make ceej claim believable..then setup mislynch on whoever was jailed..

also i've posted my thoughts/suspicions on sky already..would you think of this as soft bussing from scum!xwing?

re scum!nova, not convinced..but noted..need to re-read..
re scum!reundo, not convinced at all..
re thor, im blank..right now leaning townie to me..
re scum!CT, seems unlikely, but im wary..
did i miss anyone..

@thor re IC question: i think we definitely lacked time and should have gone for serious L-1/claim earlier during D1..cut a lot of reundo vs thor as well (no offense intended)..
when volxen claimed JK, we still had a wee bit of time to discuss, but when ceej claimed doc, we were really all out of options and had no choice but to go with haylen's lynch..and he/she couldn't even claim, much less defend himself/herself..it was too rushed for my taste..
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by volxen »

@Thor, I would like you to respond to the viability and likelihood of this whole no-kill gambit thing as both Thor the player and as the IC, if you don't mind.
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 514, NotNova wrote: Also, just as a theory question, does scum inactivity results in a NK? I'm not going to argue this is a viable scenario, it's simply out of curiosity.
if scum fails to submit a kill action to the mod before night ends, it will result in a no-kill (i think NK is mostly read as night kill, so i assume you meant no-kill here? or i got my abbrevs wrong..)
In post 514, NotNova wrote: This probably isn't the most informative post, lots of info to wrap my head around so it's mostly questions.
same as mine..really need to think through stuff here..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by xwing »

if mafia RB blocked volxen, would volxen prison on sky still go through?
i mean would it be blocked, rendering JK action null?

if yes, would JK know if they were blocked? i think not, or else volxen would have mentioned it already, but asking to make sure..
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 523, xwing wrote:if mafia RB blocked volxen, would volxen prison on sky still go through?
i mean would it be blocked, rendering JK action null?

if yes, would JK know if they were blocked? i think not, or else volxen would have mentioned it already, but asking to make sure..
No, if they role blocked me then Sky wouldn't have actually been placed in jail. And no, I wouldn't know if I got role blocked.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”