Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1428 (isolation #205) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:04 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1338, Brigitte wrote:Because as I said, she wins more points in her favor by doing so which is doing with you. You might think its real, but I don't its real. I haven't found a lot of her stances and posts genuine here.
Why would I need to get more favor now that I have support from the people that were scumreading me rather than when everybody was scumreading me?

It's nonsensical for me to spend so much time provoking people who are already scumreading me and not trying to turn those reads around until the pressure at least somewhat gets off of me, and then later put on the pocketing act when I'm getting the wagon I've been pushing for half the game.

It doesn't fit as a consistent scum thought process.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1429 (isolation #206) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:06 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1363, Nimueh wrote:And I see Ankamius’ stance on easy lurker lynches, as townie.
And I'm going to keep telling you that I do this as scum too. This isn't a good reason to townread me.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1431 (isolation #207) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:08 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1371, Enter wrote:Sorry. I'll catch up in a minute. I popped in to check on the thread and saw I was getting misrepped again, so I decided to work through this with quotes so you guys can see where she's openly contradicting herself.

Idk how I feel about you feeling the need to explain this immediately after the posts in question
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1432 (isolation #208) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:09 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1430, skitter30 wrote:Would scum!nimueh ever try to mislynch you?
If Nimueh is who I think they are, then they absolutely wouldn't. That's suicide.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1434 (isolation #209) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:17 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1385, Enter wrote:Your interpretation of your play is different from someone else's interpretation of your play. When did what I did at the beginning of the game, I saw like four different people explain what I did. None of them were wrong, they were all just completely and entirely different, and not the way I would have described it.

Please stop making posts telling us how to read you, because it doesn't help.
I don't understand how this is at all relevant to my point that I'm more concerned with HOW people get their reads on me than what their reads are.

You can say all you want about my self meta this game, but I've been using it to try to dismantle townreads as well as scumreads this game.

Most of the playerlist is pretty unfamiliar with how I play and this very often results in people reading me for bizarre reasons. I like to nip the very incorrect ones in the bud because people using more correct metrics to read me means that it's a lot less likely for people to randomly switch to a scumread of me out of nowhere when I need to get a specific lynch just because I "feel like I have an agenda" or other such nonsense.

I play town like most people do scum
And I play scum like most people do town

And my playstyle completely revolves around having enough influence when I really need it to create a decisive victory, so I need to be damn sure I can get people to townread me for the right reasons or I'll have a much harder time doing that when I need to.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1435 (isolation #210) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:19 am

Post by Ankamius »

And I don't give a shit that people scumread me because I just don't ever get lynched as town.

I'm confident in my ability to deflect any wagon on me and the scumreads in the end actually help me stay alive to have an impact in the future where I'm more effective.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1436 (isolation #211) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:19 am

Post by Ankamius »

(btw yes I do get lynched as town, but town never wins when they do it; it requires town to already be too far gone)
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1437 (isolation #212) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:20 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1387, Enter wrote:Brig's case on Ank feels like an attempt to voice a gut read on Ank. I'm gonna be honest I haven't read Ank super close, but I definitely see where Brig is coming, and I don't really like the arguments made against her by Reck, at least.
This isn't vague at all!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1438 (isolation #213) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:23 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1389, Enter wrote:
In post 1286, Ankamius wrote:I can untunnel myself just fine Brigitte
In post 1263, Ankamius wrote:does it help to mention that I'm prone to deathtunnels
huh.
What's the contradiction

I am well aware that I'm prone to deathtunnels and I have adapted to check for them so I can bail out of them when I can tell I fell into one.

So yes, I am prone to deathtunneling. I am also able to untunnel myself because I've been working on it for around four years now. No contradiction.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1439 (isolation #214) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:24 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1392, Enter wrote:Ank/urap looks like good cop bad cop. quickly doubting my townread on urap atm
This isn't vague at all!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1440 (isolation #215) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:24 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1393, Enter wrote:How was rereading?
Very good, thank you
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1441 (isolation #216) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:27 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1394, Enter wrote:As far as I'm following, Brigitte's argument is that Ank's scumread of her feels like OMGUS and completely manufactured because it's just the same thing Brigitte said back at her.
Do you genuinely think I felt threatened by her?

She hasn't successfully spearheaded a push on me so far, a lot of the support she had on me had either evaporated or greatly diminished by then, and her level of towncred isn't enough to charisma her way towards lynching me in the first place.

What exactly am I supposed to be afraid of enough to OMGUS?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1442 (isolation #217) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:28 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1394, Enter wrote:The collective argument against Brigitte is that Reck and Ank think Brigitte's argument is dumb and disagree with it,
Incorrect. The crux of my argument has always been her actions around the fake hammer and how she's approached a scumread of me.

The only reason it comes off that her case is the main point is because it was directly relevant at that time.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1443 (isolation #218) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:31 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1394, Enter wrote:Ank looks like she played the role of the little brother, poking and prodding the older sibling just enough to get Brig all riled up, and then ran to mom (Reck) and said "older sibling touched me." This looks like it was pretty intentional to me, and I don't like it.
Urap looked kinda like he was trying to help ank bait brig in, too.
This is awful.

I've been "poking and prodding" everybody, yet I haven't made any major push on anybody but her and Urap2 with that. Even then, Urap2 push was dropped after he reframed.

So what exactly is the reason for me to be pushing Brigitte like I am and not anybody else? Note that Brigitte was pretty townread before that point and I'd had no success pushing her before that point.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1444 (isolation #219) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:37 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1395, Enter wrote:How's this gamesolve:

Urap pushes NMSA out of the gate, Ank plays distancing game, casting shade on urap and defending nmsa (before NMSA did anything really worth defending) all while Nimueh wasn't here. Nimueh wouldn't jump on NMSA wagon, remember?

Urap flips his read entirely on NMSA (looking for hard towncred, I'd assume? This part is the weird part of the solve) and disassembles the lynch. maybe this has something to do with reck pushing Lynch All Lurkers? Not sure. Ank takes towncred for taking the wagon off NMSA and defending him the whole time :roll: and then Nimueh gets to game thread and tries to sap up some towncred in the process.

I don't know, it feels like a bit of a reach, but I think I could see it.
You're right, this IS a reach.

The big glaring flaw is that it makes no sense to push a scum partner like I was when they are already in a good spot. If I wanted towncred from distancing, it makes a lot more sense to push on Nimueh when the "KILL ALL LURKERS" mentality was at its highest, and rely on how the gamestate formed to allow that wagon to dissipate naturally later on.

Or... I don't really need to distance in the first place, I just need to be townread enough to make it far enough in the game where I can eliminate everybody who is likely to catch me and then coast to endgame. That's an even simpler way to play scum in this game since I'd already have the advantage of having so many people unfamiliar with how I play in this game.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1445 (isolation #220) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:46 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm a competent planner as both alignments, I'm not going to do something that ridiculous without a damn good reason to believe that it will help me or my team in the end, especially when I don't have a NK to rely on early on in the game.

That's absolutely ridiculous.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1448 (isolation #221) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:29 am

Post by Ankamius »

Chara was scumread #2

But I also freely admit that I don't have the best track record of reading it and I'm not even all that confident in that read anyways

I think that slot is one I'll have to fit into a solve
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1450 (isolation #222) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Ankamius »

iirc it was mostly tone

I haven't played with it very much but I am pretty well aware of its general reputation for being blatantly obvtown as town and I haven't seen it yet.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1455 (isolation #223) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:46 am

Post by Ankamius »

Go ahead and show me what my plan for how I've played this game is that makes it more appealing than what you're suggesting I'm doing!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1456 (isolation #224) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:46 am

Post by Ankamius »

Than what I suggested instead*
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1458 (isolation #225) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

I gave a lot of scenarios that is both easier to pull off and more reliably able to give results than what people are suggesting my scum agenda is

Why am I doing what you're suggesting I'm doing rather than the easier and more reliable strategies I've suggested

It's a lot more productive than writing me off
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1461 (isolation #226) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1460, Brigitte wrote:You know we always have these separate conversations where I am constantly going. What are we talking about because you are talking about something I am not talking about and you don't make it very clear what you are talking about.

I don't think I am being very vague here.

I really don't think scum you would be doing this specific action on purpose?
The self meta doesn't matter.

I've addressed everything thrown at me so far and currently I'm seeing no rebuttal to any of it other than "self meta :(((((("
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1464 (isolation #227) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

Fine, then let's start with this.

What do you think of Enters case on me.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1469 (isolation #228) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1465, Brigitte wrote:
In post 1428, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1338, Brigitte wrote:Because as I said, she wins more points in her favor by doing so which is doing with you. You might think its real, but I don't its real. I haven't found a lot of her stances and posts genuine here.
Why would I need to get more favor now that I have support from the people that were scumreading me rather than when everybody was scumreading me?

It's nonsensical for me to spend so much time provoking people who are already scumreading me and not trying to turn those reads around until the pressure at least somewhat gets off of me, and then later put on the pocketing act when I'm getting the wagon I've been pushing for half the game.

It doesn't fit as a consistent scum thought process.
I guess I should start by responding to this since Ank thinks she made solid arguments.

Yeah, I made that argument because at the time you had lukewarm support at best. Not now where you have more. I think you are fairly aware of this because you are very aware of the overall landscape of the game. So not sure how you make this argument without either A) Over-embellishing the support you had within the dominion of my argument, B) misunderstand/misrep what I was specifically talking about.
The hardest part is always the beginning. Support is easy to grow compared to how difficult it is to start from.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (isolation #229) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1470, Brigitte wrote:
In post 1469, Ankamius wrote:The hardest part is always the beginning. Support is easy to grow compared to how difficult it is to start from
And I said you were doing things to gain support. So you disagree your actions were impactful or done with intention to gain support.
My original point was that it doesn't make sense for me to specifically get that support when I did instead of when I was originally getting scumreads?

Regarding support, well yeah I'd like support, how exactly am I going to lynch my scumreads without it.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1472 (isolation #230) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1468, Enter wrote:
In post 1464, Ankamius wrote:Fine, then let's start with this.

What do you think of Enters case on me.
Enter hasn't even begun to build a case on you, but don't worry, it's coming.

And I'll do my best this time to use words that aren't easy to be misunderstood or twisted like you've done.
I look forward to it!!!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1477 (isolation #231) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Ankamius »

1361 was a snark post.

I was making fun of the fact nobody was talking anymore and that I was going to try to sleep again.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1479 (isolation #232) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1475, Enter wrote:Sorry, I must have missed that. Could you link or restate your case for me, then?

Also what do you think of the other players voting you last night? How many of them do you think read and understood that that was the case against Brig?
I don't case, that's as much as I've ever gone into it.

I don't think it's a scummy thing to miss. It hasn't convinced anybody so far, so I've mostly shelved bringing it up until I can tell that whoever I'm talking to is receptive to listening.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1483 (isolation #233) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:27 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1478, Enter wrote:
In post 1441, Ankamius wrote:Do you genuinely think I felt threatened by her?

She hasn't successfully spearheaded a push on me so far, a lot of the support she had on me had either evaporated or greatly diminished by then, and her level of towncred isn't enough to charisma her way towards lynching me in the first place.

What exactly am I supposed to be afraid of enough to OMGUS?
I don't think it matters.
First and foremost you should know that you will slip up as scum. And someone who's been sitting on your wagon trying to push your lynch the whole game will get a foothold. All it takes is one wrong move and then you, like Brig, could have a giant wagon of people on you.

Regardless, fear isn't the prime motivating factor. It's much easier to play scum when everyone is townreading you, doesn't it make sense to push mislynches on people that you have experience with being stubborn, that you don't think you can convince to townread you over people who don't particularly care either way or people who do townread you?
Well... yeah? You
have
to play towards a scum win condition at some point to win as scum, it's impossible otherwise.

I also am quite aware that scumreads are not threats all by themselves simply because they're scumreads. Having myself put in the nullscum-null category actually benefits me as scum because that means I can afford to not be correct or at least try to townlead like a lot of people would expect me to when I'm obvtown :lol:

Townreads are a lot more trouble than they're worth unless there's already a townblock that you've managed to infiltrate. So yes, fear is the motivating factor because I'm most afraid of appearing too town or too scum as scum, the null area just gives me a lot more opportunities to get what I want done.

(that's how I view town too btw, unless I specifically need to be locktowned)
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1484 (isolation #234) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:28 am

Post by Ankamius »

feel free to write that off as self meta instead of referring to it as my overall scumplay philosophy
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1488 (isolation #235) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:35 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1481, Brigitte wrote:
In post 658, Brigitte wrote:
In post 652, xRECKONERx wrote:inc. town flip and nk on me and then herpaderp town letting lurkers skate by to a win

im so fuckin pumped man
Why do you think you would be killed here?
This is the first post I made after the fake hammer. And Ank is arguing since I didn't make a post about the fake hammer, I was to afraid to make a genuine reaction to it because scum don't know how to act around them.

Which seems pretty silly to me.
Let's actually look at what makes it a scummy non-genuine reaction to the scum hammer.

Spoiler:
In post 658, Brigitte wrote:
In post 652, xRECKONERx wrote:inc. town flip and nk on me and then herpaderp town letting lurkers skate by to a win

im so fuckin pumped man
Why do you think you would be killed here?
In post 660, Brigitte wrote:
In post 640, xRECKONERx wrote:we aren't ever going to get a free chance to lynch lurkers moving forward

d1 is the only possible day where there's time for it bc d2 and onwards everyone will have bigger fish to fry

so please god give us the nim lynch
lady angel is probably getting replaced
Why push a lurker when you think they are getting replaced? What?
In post 661, Brigitte wrote:
In post 657, Ankamius wrote:because
In post 651, u r a person 2 wrote:good lynch.
is one of the scummiest things I've seen in the last year
Posture.
In post 664, Brigitte wrote:
In post 662, Ankamius wrote:you bet your ass I'm posturing

because I'm going to make damn sure urap2 is lynched tomorrow
I don't see how you do that when you are posturing and pretending you have an amazing read there.

^--- These posts are all short, wooden, and to the point. They're there to get the job done and nothing else. There's no emotion here at all or nuance that gives the posts personality.

Understood? Now let's look at your last five posts before the hammer:

Spoiler:
In post 544, Brigitte wrote:Chara be all the controversial in the world =)

Just want you to be engaged because I have hard time reading disengaged <3
In post 551, Brigitte wrote:
In post 546, Chara wrote:
In post 544, Brigitte wrote:Chara be all the controversial in the world =)

Just want you to be engaged because I have hard time reading disengaged <3
i want to be controversial, that i'm not now is the problem.
Enter's towny, skitter's towny, you're towny. even u2 is towny. there's nothing i find particularly in need of correcting. i could be paranoid of one of those but i'm simply not feeling that.
Call urap2 a poop head for moving his vote back to NMSA
I think we can get you two in a fight :)

So you agree on Branson being scum? Have any thoughts that haven't been said on that?
In post 552, Brigitte wrote:I am here for 10 more minutes before I got to do other stuff. Anyone got questions or want to jam. Now is the time.
In post 555, Brigitte wrote:You aren't going to be controversial by calling him nice!
I am gonna have to train you mean girls style :)

Want to talk out the Branson slot pro/con or something? I am really interested in hearing more opposition to scum!Branson right now.
In post 556, Brigitte wrote:
In post 554, u r a person 2 wrote:I just had to check my own iso to make sure I didn't accidently vote nmsa... lol

my vote is on branson atm.

but my fiery gaze has been locked on NMSA the entire time
Wait I said you moved to him? I meant you moved away from him... :oops:

I mean...I tricked you! Ha.
Point for Brigitte.

^--- There's a lot more emotion in these posts, they're worded differently, given more life, etc.

I haven't found a single town that played like that, left the thread for a few pages, and then immediately came back after a supposed hammer and completely changed their posting style while also completely ignoring the hammer that everybody else is paying the most attention to.

It's unnatural.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1496 (isolation #236) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:42 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1487, Enter wrote:How is pushing mislynches on people who want you dead NOT playing towards scum agenda?
Only if my goal is to get this entire 1v1 written off as a TvT deathtunnel, in which case I'd be more than happy to embrace it and use it to derail the entire game away from focusing on either of us.

Having someone who scumreads me but has no credibility left isn't a threat, and that's a relatively easy way to get people to not want to focus on my slot anymore for the foreseeable future, and there's enough potential here to drag this out ad infinitum without the debate actually going anywhere.

The only real threats are if people get fed up and decide to lynch both of us anyway, which wastes a lot of town's time that they can use actually getting information from lynches, or if the lynch gets sidelined into a buddy of mine that is just coasting by otherwise.

I'm not seeing much disadvantage with this plan?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (isolation #237) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:56 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1498, Enter wrote:
In post 1496, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1487, Enter wrote:How is pushing mislynches on people who want you dead NOT playing towards scum agenda?
Only if my goal is to get this entire 1v1 written off as a TvT deathtunnel, in which case I'd be more than happy to embrace it and use it to derail the entire game away from focusing on either of us.

Having someone who scumreads me but has no credibility left isn't a threat, and that's a relatively easy way to get people to not want to focus on my slot anymore for the foreseeable future, and there's enough potential here to drag this out ad infinitum without the debate actually going anywhere.

The only real threats are if people get fed up and decide to lynch both of us anyway, which wastes a lot of town's time that they can use actually getting information from lynches, or if the lynch gets sidelined into a buddy of mine that is just coasting by otherwise.

I'm not seeing much disadvantage with this plan?
You see a disadvantage to the plan of pushing a mislynch on a player that's scumreading you?

What is Occam's Razor?
Yes, I become accountable for not dying later in the game and for having to either keep up the town leader persona or to find a way to 'apathy out' of that role.

This way I don't have to do any of that lol
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1511 (isolation #238) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1505, Enter wrote:@post

Ank. Are you telling me that your posting style (and the posting style of the players around you) never changes based on mood, rl circumstances, game circumstances, and a million other factors that you cannot account for? Is this really your reason for scumreading Brig? Are you saying you never talk to different people with different levels of hostility depending on how they had been treating you?
That case is a joke. I've seen entire play styles change from players being lurky, controlled, and quiet to interactive and pushy between games, not to mention that Brig already proved she could flip a switch earlier in the game when she went from fluffposting to realposting in RVS (and multiple other times throughout the game, iirc)
I'm saying that the specific timing of that shift was suspicious in a way that is more likely to come from scum than town?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (isolation #239) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:59 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1508, Enter wrote:Ank acted like a manipulative conniving person last night. I don't know about you but I have never come out of engagements with manipulative people happy and ready to discuss with whoever is around what's going on in the world.
think what you want
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1515 (isolation #240) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:00 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1512, Enter wrote:
In post 1510, Ankamius wrote:Yes, I become accountable for not dying later in the game and for having to either keep up the town leader persona or to find a way to 'apathy out' of that role.

This way I don't have to do any of that lol
P sure this is nightless as of RN, and "not dying" is a pretty silly excuse to lynch a town member.

No deadlines mafia we kept Nancy alive even though she was strong town because she was pocketed by the entire scum team.
well yeah

I'd also have the burden of making sure that kind of argument is the first thing people think of when they ask why I'm still alive rather than "oh they're a deepwolf"
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1516 (isolation #241) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:01 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1514, Enter wrote:
In post 1513, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1508, Enter wrote:Ank acted like a manipulative conniving person last night. I don't know about you but I have never come out of engagements with manipulative people happy and ready to discuss with whoever is around what's going on in the world.
think what you want
Are you telling me you went into that engagement NOT wanting to push a Brigitte lynch?
I'm saying I don't really want to discuss it anymore, I'm pretty certain it's going to go just as nowhere as it has so far.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1520 (isolation #242) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:04 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1518, Enter wrote:
In post 1516, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1514, Enter wrote:
In post 1513, Ankamius wrote:
think what you want
Are you telling me you went into that engagement NOT wanting to push a Brigitte lynch?
I'm saying I don't really want to discuss it anymore, I'm pretty certain it's going to go just as nowhere as it has so far.
Please, your answer will help me read you, and then I'll go do something else, clear my head, and come back to the game thread with your answer in mind.

Did you intend on getting Brigitte lynched when you initially engaged her last night?
yes
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1524 (isolation #243) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:09 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1519, Enter wrote:If I offended you by saying you played like a manipulative, conniving person, I apologize. That was kinda mean. If it means anything to you, most of my friends are manipulative, conniving people too. Also me, now, I guess.
it's less I'm offended and more I'm wanting to disengage because I'm realizing these endless debates I'm having with you and Brigitte are becoming more and more useless by the page.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1526 (isolation #244) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:10 am

Post by Ankamius »

I have more to say on that and how my fundamental thought process as town works and WHY I've gone this specific route for this specific situation, but I'm pretty certain it'll just get written off as self meta so I'll just stop here and leave the thread for a while
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1593 (isolation #245) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1555, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1526, Ankamius wrote:I have more to say on that and how my fundamental thought process as town works and WHY I've gone this specific route for this specific situation, but I'm pretty certain it'll just get written off as self meta so I'll just stop here and leave the thread for a while
i'd be interested in hearing this, when you get back
Noting that I've read this and will get to it when I am back at my desktop.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1606 (isolation #246) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1554, skitter30 wrote:ngl one of the reasons why i'm fine townbinning you for now is because i figure that if you're scum it'll probably become obvious if you never die (i guess i keep forgetting that the game is nightless rn so maybe this isn't the best idea)
I'm assuming this means you aren't seeing the gamestate in a way that's likely to result in a strong townblock?

I know there's a lot of back and forth on various engagements and there isn't much of one forming naturally, but I'm not seeing a situation where I get NKed without taking control of the town entirely right now, depending on when the NK becomes available. Even then, I'm not entirely sure whether I'll have enough credibility to gather enough people to follow me even if I try without specifically working towards it for probably an entire day phase at least.

So I'm not entirely sure how else I become NKworthy without being part of an at least reasonably strong townblock.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1613 (isolation #247) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1608, skitter30 wrote:i think you're on a trajectory for that to be the gamestate in the nearish future.
maybe not today but like tomorrow maybe

like are you getting n1'd here? no
but you've got enough townreads from enough influential people that i can make an educated guess for what the gamestate will look like in coming days

(i know that there aren't actually nk's rn; i'm talking about what i think would happen in a similar gamestate where nks were a thing)
Welp

Guess I'm on a timer then
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1644 (isolation #248) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:47 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1617, Brigitte wrote:this is surreal.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1665 (isolation #249) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:03 am

Post by Ankamius »

Actually now that it's pretty much confirmed who Nim is, I wonder if my usual tell will work this game too.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1669 (isolation #250) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:05 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1667, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 1665, Ankamius wrote:Actually now that it's pretty much confirmed who Nim is, I wonder if my usual tell will work this game too.
Who is Nim? Is she the alt of someone I should know?
Nim is the alt of somebody I have a very good success rate in reading.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1675 (isolation #251) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Ankamius »

I don't like to out alts unless I know they are okay with it already, and they've already shown they don't want to be outed.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1683 (isolation #252) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:12 am

Post by Ankamius »

Nim: I 100% know who you are. Does that change your read on me at all?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1705 (isolation #253) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:30 am

Post by Ankamius »

Stop

Responding

Until

She

Is

Caught

Up
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1709 (isolation #254) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:32 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1707, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 1705, Ankamius wrote:Stop

Responding

Until

She

Is

Caught

Up
I'm sure she can read faster than I can post.
Yeah but I'm not interested in reading a back and forth that's 2 pages apart on both sides

That's almost impossible to keep track of and literally useless
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1713 (isolation #255) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:38 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1710, NotMySpamAccount wrote:idk aboout useless but fine. have 30 minutes without me. once everyone's caught up, we can have meaningful conversation again
It's already like 20x more readable when you are having them in real time
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1717 (isolation #256) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

Sorry guys, I'm actually thinking Nim is town this game.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1720 (isolation #257) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:51 am

Post by Ankamius »

Her townread on me is bizarre and the main thing giving me pause on just writing this off as just town, but I don't think the way she approached this game is a scum mindset.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1722 (isolation #258) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:53 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1718, skitter30 wrote:i'm not really seeing it rn
You can tell by how she sorts.

Her conclusions and the reasons being out there isn't that weird, and she has even less experience with my scumgame than you do so it's not entirely surprising she's writing me off as town so easily.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1724 (isolation #259) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:53 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1721, Nimueh wrote:
In post 1683, Ankamius wrote:Nim: I 100% know who you are. Does that change your read on me at all?
If so, why would it?

I already figured that out when you read me as NIA which is exactly how I’d have expected you to read me at the time you made that post. That was one of the main reasons I’m strongly tr you. Any other response att, would have made me suspicious.
Okay this makes a lot more sense.

Yeah Nim is very likely town
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1739 (isolation #260) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:16 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Is that it

Are we free
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1762 (isolation #261) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Ankamius »

hi there
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1786 (isolation #262) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1526, Ankamius wrote:I have more to say on that and how my fundamental thought process as town works and WHY I've gone this specific route for this specific situation, but I'm pretty certain it'll just get written off as self meta so I'll just stop here and leave the thread for a while
Okay.

My town thought process generally follows these guidelines:

1. Get initial reads that I'm reasonably confident in.
2. Build a picture for what the gamestate is looking like, where the overall trajectory is heading, and where the scum influence in that gamestate/trajectory are
3. Test that theory by shaking up the gamestate enough that everyone has to adjust to what I'm doing.
4. Narrow down where the scumteam are likely to be in the game, and narrow down the slots that are most likely the scum causing the scum influence in the game.
5. Rebuild the gamestate so that town is naturally going to find my townreads as town and my PoE as scum.

So essentially, my job in most games is to find where scum are weakest and force town to scumhunt within that area. The tactics change, but that's fundamentally what I'm doing from game to game.

Relating to this game specifically, my read on the gamestate began with this:

1. There was overwhelming support among the active players to lynch the NotMySpamAccount slot
2. Most of those slots were townreading each other.
3. The rest of the slots were pretty much absent entirely.

Initial deductions are: If scum are within the active slots, they are already well on their way to pocketing the active town within them. It's unlikely that all the scum are in the lurker slots because it's ultimately dangerous to allow that many town slots to townread each other so easily within the game and agree on one slot. Therefore, it's very likely that there is
some
scum intent in killing NMSA, which means that either NMSA is a mislynch or that scum are okay bussing him.

I can abuse those deductions and test them by building the increasing suspicion on my slot to force people to pay attention to me instead of NMSA. It's important to note here that I can toneread people much more easily when they are targeting me because I can direct their thoughts in a way that can reveal to me whether they are legitimately falling for my trick and scumreading me... or faking it. I assumed that either people would be very split among scumreading me and how much they were scumreading me, or there would be a good deal of melding... which would strongly indicate there's scum within that bracket since that would be evidence to my theory that scum are within the active players/NMSA voters, and therefore looking to pocket themselves into the active towns.

I eliminated Reck from that bracket since he was aggressively pushing his own wagon; I don't suspect this is to save NMSA because of the above deductions, I'm not getting the sense he's trying to
derail
town by throwing them down a different path since he's aggressive, but not RC-levels of aggressive. And lastly, the way he was treating my slot was indicative of him critically thinking about whether my slot is scum or not, which is not 100% unfakeable if my read of him is correct, but it's more than enough to leave him out of my PoE list for a good while until I have reason to revisit it.

I used the fake hammer to get the reads too, and purposely amplified people's emotional reactions to get people to further react to me and reveal their mindset, since legitimate emotional reactions that make sense with the situation and their internal logic is NOT easy to fake. Brigitte failed this spectacularly. urap2 became a decently strong townread because of when and how he reframed his reads (I still don't believe he wanted to pocket me, this was well before I started getting any townreads other than like... Reck).

The rest of my provoking people was mainly to see how they would react and how their read of me would shift as I continued posting. You perfectly nailed what I was looking to come off as, cocky at being obvtown and never able to be lynched this game; this is why I kept up the snark for so long and kept posting about how hard I am to lynch as town (which IS true, none of that was a lie). I strongly suspected that scum would either back off, or strain themselves in a tunnel against me under the opinion that they
couldn't
back off. Enter somewhat fits this, but I don't have enough to really place it anywhere concrete, and Brigitte pretty well failed this.

I think this is roughly everything?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1788 (isolation #263) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by Ankamius »

ftr I'm still fluctuating between stages 2-3, I don't think I can move on to stage 4 without flips.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1790 (isolation #264) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by Ankamius »

haha creature got wrecked

git gud scrub
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1794 (isolation #265) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by Ankamius »

That big post I just posted is my general thoughts for the game

I can give my current reads if it helps
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1797 (isolation #266) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I can fake being cocky, but it's bravado. I don't have the same charisma for avoiding mislynches as scum.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1802 (isolation #267) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Town:
Nimueh (personality+meta read)
Xtoxm (Urap2 had very town thought processes)
xRECKONERx (pass for later, still most likely town)
NotMySpamAccount (pass, likely newbtown)
Skitter30 (town thought processes and trajectories)
tris (weak townread by now, general town thoughts)

Null:
Enter (not entirely sure about him, could go either way?)
Creature (mostly absent slot)
Elbirn (mostly absent slot)

Current Scumpool:
Chara
Flubbernugget
Brigitte
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1805 (isolation #268) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:14 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Brigitte passed a lot of my scum checks, I'm just not entirely sure she hasn't just been loltunneling me for most of the day

Chara I feel like I should be townreading by now? I'm not confident about my ability to read that slot, but I have had reason to scumread it and I can't remember anything particularly town.

Flubber... is weird. I don't like his approach to the game at all.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1807 (isolation #269) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:14 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Passed... I meant failed.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1815 (isolation #270) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'm mostly not confident in reading you because I have a history of not reading you correctly.

I scumread you in Undertale and I only caught your slot in Death Note through A50 :V
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1825 (isolation #271) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I actually don't even remember, it was probably the way he handled his read on me
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (isolation #272) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by Ankamius »

well

ok
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (isolation #273) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'll just wait on the new slots to get caught up and see who joins the enter slot I guess
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1865 (isolation #274) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:19 am

Post by Ankamius »

I kinda am to
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1871 (isolation #275) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Ankamius »

Lol

I was hoping for something spicy as an answer to that
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1890 (isolation #276) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Ankamius »

if skitter legitimately is scum this game and I actually did catch her immediately, I'm going to lol
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1896 (isolation #277) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1892, Chara wrote:
In post 1890, Ankamius wrote:if skitter legitimately is scum this game and I actually did catch her immediately, I'm going to lol
so am i being paranoid or do you think there's something here.

Elbirn: why is skitter town for you? it seems like my posts on this page answered your "why".

and i seem to remember someone directly asking for your thoughts about a specific interaction. i think that was skitter.
quote me where skitter justified her paranoia with the lack of nightkills
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1909 (isolation #278) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

I found Brigitte to be scum for stuff later on in the game
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1911 (isolation #279) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

I just double checked my notes for the first like 5 pages

everything I had for Brigitte up to page 3 was shaping a scumread, then one post each on 4-5 made me start to rethink it
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (isolation #280) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1910, Creature wrote:Summarize it to me?
basically her trajectory on scumreading me and my confidence that there is at least one scum in the active posters up to that point in the game; I'm currently townreading everyone else that fits that general mold.

I'm not really married to my reasoning for her sounding more fake around the fake hammer anymore, I decided to just bump it over to null.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1919 (isolation #281) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Hmm

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1925 (isolation #282) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I don't like 1923

Ugh I'm really not sure now
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1929 (isolation #283) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1927, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1925, Ankamius wrote:I don't like 1923

Ugh I'm really not sure now
do tell
I thought the case itself was town but not necessarily compelling, and the way you approached that post gave a pretty strong impression to me that you were looking to discredit it rather than debate it

Like I hadn't seen your tone drastically shift away from what you're saying so far this game, but it definitely is there
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1930 (isolation #284) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Ankamius »

It is with that post*
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1936 (isolation #285) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Ankamius »

But... If you were getting more invested because of that argument, then why did it feel like you were specifically trying to shut it down at the source? You didn't sound excited, you sounded insecure.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1979 (isolation #286) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:35 am

Post by Ankamius »

What's the current reason on Elbirn?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1980 (isolation #287) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:36 am

Post by Ankamius »

Wagon

I'm going to chuck this phone off a fucking cliff one of these days
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2001 (isolation #288) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:18 am

Post by Ankamius »

Elbirn, those two quotes are Brigitte's case on me

To get roughly an idea on why the Brigitte wagon started, it's around there that you will find it. Read from there for a couple pages and see if you can find anything noteworthy from it.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2005 (isolation #289) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:23 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2003, tris wrote:Also, I like how you discouraged the Brigitte wagon even though you are the current counter wagon.
With the amount of replacements lately and the extra one coming up, I can't see this as very indicative of anything since it's likely that the gamestate is going to be switched up due to those new thoughts anyways.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2056 (isolation #290) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:36 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2036, Succinct wrote:
In post 2034, Brigitte wrote:ISO Ankamius, she gave a decentish summary a few pages back to a few of the recent joiners.
I'm apparently blind; I can't find it?
I assume tris is referring to this post? It's the only one I've posted that includes a rough idea of where the game is at even though we've had developments since then
In post 1786, Ankamius wrote:
Okay.

My town thought process generally follows these guidelines:

1. Get initial reads that I'm reasonably confident in.
2. Build a picture for what the gamestate is looking like, where the overall trajectory is heading, and where the scum influence in that gamestate/trajectory are
3. Test that theory by shaking up the gamestate enough that everyone has to adjust to what I'm doing.
4. Narrow down where the scumteam are likely to be in the game, and narrow down the slots that are most likely the scum causing the scum influence in the game.
5. Rebuild the gamestate so that town is naturally going to find my townreads as town and my PoE as scum.

So essentially, my job in most games is to find where scum are weakest and force town to scumhunt within that area. The tactics change, but that's fundamentally what I'm doing from game to game.

Relating to this game specifically, my read on the gamestate began with this:

1. There was overwhelming support among the active players to lynch the NotMySpamAccount slot
2. Most of those slots were townreading each other.
3. The rest of the slots were pretty much absent entirely.

Initial deductions are: If scum are within the active slots, they are already well on their way to pocketing the active town within them. It's unlikely that all the scum are in the lurker slots because it's ultimately dangerous to allow that many town slots to townread each other so easily within the game and agree on one slot. Therefore, it's very likely that there is
some
scum intent in killing NMSA, which means that either NMSA is a mislynch or that scum are okay bussing him.

I can abuse those deductions and test them by building the increasing suspicion on my slot to force people to pay attention to me instead of NMSA. It's important to note here that I can toneread people much more easily when they are targeting me because I can direct their thoughts in a way that can reveal to me whether they are legitimately falling for my trick and scumreading me... or faking it. I assumed that either people would be very split among scumreading me and how much they were scumreading me, or there would be a good deal of melding... which would strongly indicate there's scum within that bracket since that would be evidence to my theory that scum are within the active players/NMSA voters, and therefore looking to pocket themselves into the active towns.

I eliminated Reck from that bracket since he was aggressively pushing his own wagon; I don't suspect this is to save NMSA because of the above deductions, I'm not getting the sense he's trying to
derail
town by throwing them down a different path since he's aggressive, but not RC-levels of aggressive. And lastly, the way he was treating my slot was indicative of him critically thinking about whether my slot is scum or not, which is not 100% unfakeable if my read of him is correct, but it's more than enough to leave him out of my PoE list for a good while until I have reason to revisit it.

I used the fake hammer to get the reads too, and purposely amplified people's emotional reactions to get people to further react to me and reveal their mindset, since legitimate emotional reactions that make sense with the situation and their internal logic is NOT easy to fake. Brigitte failed this spectacularly. urap2 became a decently strong townread because of when and how he reframed his reads (I still don't believe he wanted to pocket me, this was well before I started getting any townreads other than like... Reck).

The rest of my provoking people was mainly to see how they would react and how their read of me would shift as I continued posting. You perfectly nailed what I was looking to come off as, cocky at being obvtown and never able to be lynched this game; this is why I kept up the snark for so long and kept posting about how hard I am to lynch as town (which IS true, none of that was a lie). I strongly suspected that scum would either back off, or strain themselves in a tunnel against me under the opinion that they
couldn't
back off. Enter somewhat fits this, but I don't have enough to really place it anywhere concrete, and Brigitte pretty well failed this.

I think this is roughly everything?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2059 (isolation #291) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:15 am

Post by Ankamius »

Nim isn't scum
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2062 (isolation #292) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:31 am

Post by Ankamius »

I can't even remember anything he's done anymore

Is that bad
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2063 (isolation #293) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:32 am

Post by Ankamius »

Like I remember he was in my scum pool but fucked if I know why anymore
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2064 (isolation #294) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:44 am

Post by Ankamius »

I think I just need flips to be able to sort any more, my mind is jumbled irt this game
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2067 (isolation #295) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:46 am

Post by Ankamius »

Tbh I just don't have a strong enough scumread to push it through

And it's dissipating because there's nobody really actively pushing it anymore
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2070 (isolation #296) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Ankamius »

Oh hey it's Elbirn

Do you have any questions for me to answer when I'm done with work?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2078 (isolation #297) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm only seeing one subtle difference from her play in that game to the town game I saw from her recently and that same metric doesn't fit this game.

I really think I'd have to probe her mind or play another half dozen or so games with her to have a decent idea for how to tell her town game and scum game apart

She's going in the "sort later when I'm in the solve building phase" bin
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2079 (isolation #298) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:29 am

Post by Ankamius »

The above is about skitter, Nim posted like 5 times since I started typing that post
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2082 (isolation #299) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Ankamius »

When did she discount my read?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2085 (isolation #300) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm doing ok

Where's your head at relating to the game creature
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2086 (isolation #301) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

Idk if you've been following along but I'm less confident in my reads than I was 10 pages ago
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2096 (isolation #302) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Ankamius »

Idk I think I'm less a universal townread as much as people aren't really scumreading me, only like 4 slots have stated much of a townread on me that I remember.

It's a subtle difference but a real one.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2112 (isolation #303) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:11 pm

Post by Ankamius »

And cut!

Thank you for the excellent example of incredibly awkward in-thread interactions!

You'll get your checks in the mail within 2-4 business weeks.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2118 (isolation #304) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I like my company on the Brigitte wagon way more than the tris wagon, it looks suspicious as hell to me
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2119 (isolation #305) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Nimueh, vote Brigitte.

Chara, you need to choose one. Nmsa, you need to choose one. Succinct, what are your thoughts on it?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2122 (isolation #306) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Good

That's three townreads joining me on the Brigitte wagon

All the sketchy players I don't know where to sort as yet are on the tris wagon. That's at least reasonable evidence that tris is more likely to be town.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2124 (isolation #307) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:41 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2121, Chara wrote:i didn't realize Brigitte wagon was this strong. i'd thought the Brigitte voters had mainly moved to tris.
I think the tris wagon needs a magnifying glass tomorrow, the composition and timing is not natural
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2125 (isolation #308) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2123, Chara wrote:i'm a townread now? that's nice.
Yeah, I thought you looked a lot better in the debate with skitter
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2127 (isolation #309) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Btw Nimueh just in case you want to debate me on this

You have no time to swing a skitter lynch today and you don't have enough influence to brute force it, you need to switch to one of the two main wagons and I think Brigitte is a far superior one
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2144 (isolation #310) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2142, Xtoxm wrote:nah i think she just wants it out there that she made a prediction that was right and its not AI
im going to make a prediction as well
one of these wagons is scum the other is town and the town gets lynched first
5-5 wagons will be nice for looking on in hindsight regardless
I agree, it's either TvS or TvT
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2146 (isolation #311) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Ill take that risk, a second scum wagon forming in this situation is very very unlikely
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2156 (isolation #312) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:52 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'm going to sleep since I still want to hibernate despite having to work early tomorrow anyways

Vote Brigitte please, it's more likely to flip scum and gives more information
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2159 (isolation #313) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by Ankamius »

With the wagon that popped up on her being this sketchy and how convenient the timing is while all of my comfortable townreads staying on this side, you could say that
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2162 (isolation #314) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Ankamius »

lol
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2163 (isolation #315) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Ankamius »

good night
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2176 (isolation #316) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Why did everyone show up right when I was about to leave
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2177 (isolation #317) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Fuck it

Succinct what are your overall thoughts atm?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2183 (isolation #318) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2168, skitter30 wrote:(i'd be kinda interested in hearing more about this (maybe in like post-game or whatever) because i think those two games are quite different actually)
I'd be interested in a discussion on discord or something at some point

I kinda feel like we share some idiosyncrasies but I still find you weirdly hard to read
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2192 (isolation #319) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'm a bit concerned with the amount of people that have managed to sync with me this game so far, this doesn't feel like the kind of game where that should be happening this early
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2200 (isolation #320) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:21 pm

Post by Ankamius »

that's not vca
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2203 (isolation #321) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Brigitte are you still sick
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2207 (isolation #322) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by Ankamius »

That's a scum hammer

We did it boys
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2212 (isolation #323) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Ankamius »

It's not vca in the traditional sense, Chara

It's still within the lens of the game itself, just using that specific source to get the raw information for it, if that makes sense
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (isolation #324) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2211, Brigitte wrote:
In post 2207, Ankamius wrote:That's a scum hammer

We did it boys
I have a cop inno on me when NSG comes. You ain't flying with this. Eat it, I am town.
Self hammering is antitown as town
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2217 (isolation #325) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Oh

Mb
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2221 (isolation #326) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2215, Succinct wrote:
In post 2192, Ankamius wrote:I'm a bit concerned with the amount of people that have managed to sync with me this game so far, this doesn't feel like the kind of game where that should be happening this early
If it helps, me synching with you's why I'm townreading you.
This doesn't surprise me.
What are you referring to when you say "this" doesn't surprise you?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2224 (isolation #327) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Oh I see

Huh. Interesting
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2227 (isolation #328) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I can think of only one person that sticks out in my mind with that but I think it's a very low likelihood that you are that person, so I think you're safe from me at least figuring out who you are
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2253 (isolation #329) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I just hope the hammer was scum, mainly because the information loss from a town self hammer is huge
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2258 (isolation #330) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2256, Brigitte wrote:
In post 2253, Ankamius wrote:I just hope the hammer was scum, mainly because the information loss from a town self hammer is huge
how can you self delude to bad. That you think this is an act?
Why are you suddenly so aggressive
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2259 (isolation #331) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by Ankamius »

You were so subdued for the last couple days or so and suddenly when you self hammer, you start aggressively trying to tilt everyone afaict

Idk how to read that
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2263 (isolation #332) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Ankamius »

All we've really said regarding that

Is that the wagon on you has more townreads on it than the tris wagon

What's wrong with that lol
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2267 (isolation #333) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I still don't buy this flipping town tbh

There's too much of an undertone to how she's been playing the last few days that tells me scum manipulation
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2275 (isolation #334) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2272, tris wrote:
In post 2267, Ankamius wrote:I still don't buy this flipping town tbh

There's too much of an undertone to how she's been playing the last few days that tells me scum manipulation
You think she would keep this act going like this?
It feels more strange that she would withdraw entirely when the pressure starts tapering off and suddenly starts shifting to this when the pressure returns

It just sounds fake
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2282 (isolation #335) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2277, Elbirn wrote:
In post 2267, Ankamius wrote:I still don't buy this flipping town tbh

I think if she were scum she'd be a lot less candid and a lot more focused on spewing WIFOM.

Shes being indignant self righteous town right now.

I hope her next game is a happier and more enjoyable one for her
We'll see I guess

I'm going to bed for real this time
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2288 (isolation #336) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Oh

BTW it just clicked who succinct is

Hi!!!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2289 (isolation #337) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:08 pm

Post by Ankamius »

If I'm correct, then that looks like a pocketing attempt at first glance, but I'd need to see more to contextualize it

That will be later

Good night
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2296 (isolation #338) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:12 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I will do my adjusted analysis when I have time to

Probably later today
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2297 (isolation #339) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:36 am

Post by Ankamius »

Btw why are we doing a tris wagon
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2299 (isolation #340) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:18 am

Post by Ankamius »

Anyone here atm?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2301 (isolation #341) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:26 am

Post by Ankamius »

Okay

Creature

Does this gamestate feel weird to you?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2303 (isolation #342) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:37 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm referring to the wagons mostly

Do any of them seem odd to you? I'm getting a bad feeling that we shouldn't be having this type of vote spread immediately after day start and I can't tell whether it's the vote targets or how the wagons themselves formed

It's... unsettling
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2304 (isolation #343) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:37 am

Post by Ankamius »

Skitters post to start the day feels a bit out of place too for some reason
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2306 (isolation #344) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:46 am

Post by Ankamius »

Meh

I probably need to write down what I'm thinking in my private PT and see if there's any blatant contradictions
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2307 (isolation #345) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:47 am

Post by Ankamius »

Btw creature

What did you think of enter and succinct
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2309 (isolation #346) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

Do you think scum are behind either of the EoD1 wagons?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2310 (isolation #347) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:59 am

Post by Ankamius »

I was originally thinking that scum might be trying to push for me to be their puppetmaster, but that doesn't work if scum were pushing either counterwagon, and I'm lost there because I'm townreading everybody off either wagon at the last VC and I don't think there's 2 scum on the Brigitte wagon
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2311 (isolation #348) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:00 am

Post by Ankamius »

Pushing either wagon*

I'm getting my thoughts jumbled together
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2312 (isolation #349) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:01 am

Post by Ankamius »

I think I'm townreading somebody I shouldn't
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2320 (isolation #350) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I've found that really weird too
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2322 (isolation #351) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by Ankamius »

the entire post just feels... weird

it's setup spec

followed by saying that there may be scum in half the lynch wagon

then instead of sorting them, uses her vote to try to sort somebody else...?

like those are thoughts that make sense but the way they're ordered and written feels a lot more like she didn't have a whole lot to say but felt compelled to put more down on the page

it doesn't fit the context of what her thought processes have looked like to me
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2337 (isolation #352) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2330, skitter30 wrote:i have no idea what 'it doesn't fit the context of what her thought processes have looked like to me' means so i can't address that , really
the timing, really
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2347 (isolation #353) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Do you think that reads shift was manufactured the way it was on purpose?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2350 (isolation #354) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by Ankamius »

What are scum doing this game skitter

I'm curious what you think about it
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2353 (isolation #355) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2351, Chara wrote:it's relevant to reading skitter now, i think.
Yup

I'm thinking that she's the townread I'm most likely to be wrong on, but I don't think I have enough to conclude it either way

I want to sort out what's weird about the gamestate first
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2354 (isolation #356) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2352, skitter30 wrote:i kinda feel like they're taking advantage of the super-fast gamestate and the many loud personalities head-butting to slide under the radar
there's a lot of slots that are just kinda there and not really doing anything and i feel like scum is probably in that group; that's why i want to make a specific effort to sort them today
What specifically changed from your feeling that scum weren't all in the lurkers?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2362 (isolation #357) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:01 am

Post by Ankamius »

Chara and I were what swung the wagon if anything
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2389 (isolation #358) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:10 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2376, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2338, Flubbernugget wrote:Also makes no sense to throw down a vote you're admitting is useless
The only good reason to ever vote a null read, is if either your tr everyone else or you want to avoid a no lynch.
wrong
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2390 (isolation #359) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:12 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2382, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2378, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2364, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 2349, skitter30 wrote:the turn around on nmsa was incredibly townie and i don't think it comes from scum

his very very early game and how he pushed nmsa was also pretty townie and nuanced and i don't think scum!him pushes a mislynch that way (or lolbusses a partner that way) or says things like 'if he flips town i know i'm the lynch tomorrow' (which he said repeatedly) - if scum!him is aware enough of the gamestate that he knows that a mislynch would result in his own lynch i odn't think he's confident enough to push it as aggressively as he did, and the whole push started too early and was too hard to be a bus (and the turn-around on nmsa didn't happen at the time i feel like it would have if it had been a bus)

mindmelding at various points of the game (esp. wrt the ank/brigitte thing)

there was probably more but if there is it happened long enough ago that i'm blanking
I wouldn't say it was incredibly townie, just a bit townie.
It feels like you're trying to take advantage of game length and the replace-out to defend yourself by tring a general(?) townread.
:shifty:

I’m not liking this post. And you’re accusing me of omgussing - eventhough I specifically made a point of stressing it was the whole linking thing, was why I was suspicious of you? :lol:

Like wasn’t Skitter one of your strongest trs before she called you “nullscum”?
@Ankimius, do you still think this is newbtown?
No I'm resetting on nmsa
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2395 (isolation #360) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:28 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2394, Succinct wrote:Because people wrongly think the Brigitte wagon was countering a wagon on 'scum'-tris.
huh?

it felt like the counterwagon was tris
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2415 (isolation #361) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:17 am

Post by Ankamius »

Nimueh what are your general reads overall
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2417 (isolation #362) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:22 am

Post by Ankamius »

That's not what I asked but ok

I'll try to think through things today or tomorrow, work has been exhausting me too much lately to do the type of analysis I usually try to do in situations like this
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2419 (isolation #363) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:39 am

Post by Ankamius »

You're forgetting the succinct slot

Why am I that strongly town to you? Idr if you went into it or not
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2420 (isolation #364) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:07 am

Post by Ankamius »

alright see you tonight after nim returns to the thread

love you all
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2421 (isolation #365) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:22 am

Post by Ankamius »

VOTE: NMSA
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2424 (isolation #366) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Ankamius »

Succinct: gamestate read? Idr if I asked you yet or not
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2425 (isolation #367) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:48 am

Post by Ankamius »

Also another question

What do you think about me believing you are trying to pocket me this game
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2426 (isolation #368) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:02 am

Post by Ankamius »

Is anybody else even around or cares
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2428 (isolation #369) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:05 am

Post by Ankamius »

what do you think about the gamestate atm tris
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2433 (isolation #370) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:56 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2431, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2419, Ankamius wrote:You're forgetting the succinct slot

Yeah, I did tr Enter, so I dunno rn.

Yeah, I explained that. Your initial NIA read on me.
why

does that equate

to a townread

that strong

when I even told you

that it was nai
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2438 (isolation #371) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2435, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2433, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2431, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2419, Ankamius wrote:You're forgetting the succinct slot

Yeah, I did tr Enter, so I dunno rn.

Yeah, I explained that. Your initial NIA read on me.
why

does that equate

to a townread

that strong

when I even told you

that it was nai
Because based on what you know about my play, that was the read town!you ought to have had on me, att. Disagree?
yes

that's also very easy for scum-me to fake
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2442 (isolation #372) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by Ankamius »

ok

what grounding do you need
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2451 (isolation #373) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Post by Ankamius »

tone is the easiest part of my townplay to fake, nimueh

I can make it near indistinguishable
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2452 (isolation #374) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2445, Succinct wrote:
In post 2442, Ankamius wrote:what grounding do you need
Proper understanding of the game.

I've heard there was an L-1 on NMSA, but I know nothing about it, when that seems to be a key discussion point.
I've heard there was a townbloc formed on NMSA, but I don't know who it was comprised of.
I asked for these things, but was not given them.
uhhhhh from memory (please anyone correct these if I'm wrong)

1. Enter started the game rolling by forcing a lot of talk about himself and trying to get various wagons going. A lot of the active players at that time engaged this topic for about 10 or so pages.
2. NMSA got the overall town's eye and was pushed up to L-2 or L-1 with very little counterpushing other than Reck wanting to push lurkers
3. I replaced back in on this account (Branson is an alt of mine) and started scumming up on purpose to try to move the pressure around and to get more info to work with
4. At some point tris fakehammered (I think NMSA?). I started pushing Brigitte very shortly after this point (I'm still purposely scumming up at this point)
5. Tictac-slot gets somewhat wagoned as a lurker slot. It doesn't get too far iirc
6. Eventually Brigitte and I 1v1 and the wagon on her starts to take off from there. Note that a wagon on me was pretty much constant up to this point since I was on Branson.
7. tictac remains a wagon until Brigitte provokes Reck and he starts hard-pushing her
8. Replacement spam throughout this; lady angel flakes out and urap2 gets replaced at the same time not too long after the fakehammer I believe, tictac flakes a bit after that, then Enter leaves a bit after that
9. a tris counterwagon sprouts up when the Brigitte pressure starts to let up (primarily me backing off the push despite revoting her very shortly after unvoting)
10. When both are at L-3, we push the Brigitte wagon through
11. THE GAME DIES
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2453 (isolation #375) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2446, Creature wrote:
In post 2442, Ankamius wrote:ok

what grounding do you need
I need a start.
NMSA-wagon
original Brigitte-wagon
the original Enter debate might be good too

I think those are the main points of the game

just note that either Enter or myself is causing chaos a lot throughout the game so be aware that might muddy things a bit
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2455 (isolation #376) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2454, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2451, Ankamius wrote:tone is the easiest part of my townplay to fake, nimueh

I disagree but I also mentioned
content
Ok well we've literally gone into a circle now

How does all this together make me town
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2459 (isolation #377) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2457, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2455, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2454, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2451, Ankamius wrote:tone is the easiest part of my townplay to fake, nimueh

I disagree but I also mentioned
content
Ok well we've literally gone into a circle now

How does all this together make me town
I currently tr you and want to lynch scum!NMSA. Yes, this is a circle and I’m not sure why you view it as productive?
Oh dear
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2460 (isolation #378) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by Ankamius »

This is rapidly looking like Nimueh was the scum I wrongfully townread

This is a scumtell
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2463 (isolation #379) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2462, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 2460, Ankamius wrote:This is rapidly looking like Nimueh was the scum I wrongfully townread

This is a scumtell
What specifically is the scumtell? The fact that she didn't answer the question, or something else?
Idk how willing I am to go into it since people who have seen me interact with this person would be able to figure out who they are pretty fast if I explained it here
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2465 (isolation #380) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Do you remember how I caught you the last time you were scum?

You're doing something very similar here
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2467 (isolation #381) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Do you want me to just out it
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2470 (isolation #382) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I meant the scumtell.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2473 (isolation #383) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I can be vague
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2476 (isolation #384) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2474, Nimueh wrote:
In post 1181, Nimueh wrote:
In post 1179, Ankamius wrote:nimueh have you played with me before under an alt?
I have played with you before, yes. Please don’t ask me to elaborate more on that.
Ankamius, please explain why scum!me doesn’t straight up lie to you here?
Because I'd probably figure it out anyways and the timing of when I asked it is reasonable evidence that I'd already figured it out

It would look more town to spill the beans metaphorically than to gambit on the above being wrong
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2478 (isolation #385) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by Ankamius »

But you're doing one specific thing that you've done in every single scum game we've played together

And in every town game, you've subverted this or applied it differently

This specific action isn't necessarily indicative by itself, but it's a sign of a bigger issue that IS much more indicative
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2481 (isolation #386) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2480, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2478, Ankamius wrote:But you're doing one specific thing that you've done in every single scum game we've played together

This specific action isn't necessarily indicative by itself, but it's a sign of a bigger issue that IS much more indicative
I’m not scum in this game, that is the obvious difference. What is this “bigger issue”?
That you're pretending to be town instead of being town

Going into more detail than this is a massive hint to your identity
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2484 (isolation #387) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:14 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2482, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2480, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2478, Ankamius wrote:But you're doing one specific thing that you've done in every single scum game we've played together

I’m not scum in this game, that is the obvious difference. What is this “bigger issue”?
Since I still have no clue what you’re referring to. I have no idea what you view as subverting WHAT and applying WHAT differently?

I obviously can’t respond to something I clearly don’t understand. And while I obviously don’t want to be mislynched, it would still be preferable to being outted, so if there’s no way for you to explain what you’re referring to within doing that my hands are tied, I guess. :/
I can tell when you're being genuine in specific ways

And you are showing not genuine in specific ways this game
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2486 (isolation #388) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Sigh

I should've kept this down low like I was originally going to
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2496 (isolation #389) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:40 pm

Post by Ankamius »

pointing out a specific thing you did without any prompting from anyone else and asking someone to say why it comes from scumyou and not townyou immediately makes it impossible to townread
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2498 (isolation #390) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:41 pm

Post by Ankamius »

how do I know you didn't purposely make that action specifically to defend yourself against me in case I caught you
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2505 (isolation #391) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Show me you're town in real time nim

Because this positioning around already assuming you're going to flip just looks bizarre
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2513 (isolation #392) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2506, skitter30 wrote:i mean she's been doing that for a while in that she's been acting like i was pushing an imminent lynch on her since end of day1-ish when i said that i might vote her at some point in the future (when nobody else was voting her, mind you) and then dropped it
In post 2507, skitter30 wrote:actually there may have been one vote on her at that time, but there definitely weren't more than that
I don't think they would feel especially threatened, they know I'm very good at shielding my townreads
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2515 (isolation #393) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2512, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2505, Ankamius wrote:Show me you're town in real time nim

Because this positioning around already assuming you're going to flip just looks bizarre
I think I clearly already have. If Tris can see it, why can’t you?

I have no idea whether or not I’m flipping today, only WHAT I’m flipping. Did you guess town? If so, you get a cookie.
SHOW it

You know the metrics I judge you by if not the details

You literally just have to follow them and I'll never be on your back

Arguing to me about irrelevant things or this posturing you're doing isn't making me confident you're going to flip town

I'm not an idiot, I'm not going to just death tunnel over this shit when the game is already struggling to get anywhere
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2517 (isolation #394) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2514, skitter30 wrote:i know, my point is that she was over-reacting to something that was a non-issue - she was acting as if i was about to get her lynched when she shouldn't have felt threatened there at all since there was *at most* one vote on her + me saying that i might vote her in the future
I'm saying that's not really scummy

They would be aware they're not in any real danger at that point without me on that side, that's more a personality thing that you can expect from both alignments
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2518 (isolation #395) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Why am I dealing with this at this hour

I'll be back tomorrow
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2536 (isolation #396) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:27 am

Post by Ankamius »

Nimueh

I told you before, I'm not an idiot.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2537 (isolation #397) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:30 am

Post by Ankamius »

I've been paying attention to skitter's trajectory on reading you and nothing she's done so far was weird relative to that. This omgusing on her is silly.

Flubber's last two posts are scummy.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2538 (isolation #398) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm going to try to get a read on the game with my updated reads and see if it makes more sense

If it does, then I'll see what lynch I want from there
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2540 (isolation #399) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:06 am

Post by Ankamius »

Idk whether to be upset or disappointed that you don't understand how I approach the game yet

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”