Newbie 1920: North America [Endgame]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:12 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 999, chennisden wrote:urap seemed unusually certain that i was lynchbait and not scummy

but maybe he just is reading me right after mislynch in gators and gates
its an associative read w scum reading. if SR is scum, you are basically confirmed town

if he isnt, then you are prob scum by poe
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:12 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

pagetop
103-11 0-2
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:14 am

Post by chennisden »

rn we have 4 town one scum

we can only allow ourselves to make one mislynch - if SR is town ill get mislynched too, ending the game

lets not lynch SR tmrw
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by Persivul »

Spoiler:
In post 297, Zeito wrote:Regarding scum reading (the player):
First off I think there's a line between wagon hopping and changing your reads, one is scummy and one is towny, but I'm leaning the latter on SR because it feels like they did it knowing they could be sr'd for it (and then later shifts onto Persivul).
In post 168, scum reading wrote:It’s not shady, I’m just a really indecisive person and I like to be as transparent as possible. I advocated for you not getting lynched in my first posts as well, I still stand by it, but regardless of the flip, I think this is the most beneficial lynch at the moment. Sorry, chennis :(
I think being indecisive is fair. I think we disagree on how far chennis would be helpful as an info-lynch if they flip town, though.

Also, I saw they asked to be hammered at some point. I do not know how to read defeatism.

However, scum reading has been putting townreads on players fairly unnecessarily, highlights my thoughts on this, I would like you to provide some reasoning with these if possible, even just 'gutread'.

Regarding chennis:
In post 168, scum reading wrote:It’s not shady, I’m just a really indecisive person and I like to be as transparent as possible. I advocated for you not getting lynched in my first posts as well, I still stand by it, but regardless of the flip, I think this is the most beneficial lynch at the moment. Sorry, chennis :(
In post 169, chennisden wrote:VOTE: scum reading

Advocating policy is something scum does.

Finding and lynching scum is something town does.
Like I said before, I had originally voted teacher after they voted chennis because it felt like chennis was an easy push. However, I'm starting to scumread chennis more and more.

"Scumreading seems like he wants to prevent my mislynch, but then he switches to voting me very fast. / Shady shady" You do this immediately after, townreading scum reading in without much reasoning to do so, and then voting him after one post. Was your original townread just that frail?
You did give reasoning, however - "Advocating policy is something scum does." But I do feel he has a point, chennis would be an easy lynch in the later stages of the game. It comes off more to me as if he was just thinking it through more.
I'm inclined to vote chennisden, I think. I'll review at the bottom of my post.

Regarding GW:
In post 184, GrandWazoo wrote:
In post 182, Skellen wrote:@GW:
To begin with I usually have troubles with reading erratic players like SR. What indicates town in his case is his effort as he is aggressively lashing out in any directions to get a grip on other players. Although it bothers me that he tried twice to after the guy who hasn't even been in the thread for 2-3 days and is now finally getting replaced. In case of his interaction with teacher for me the most important post # is where he explains his motivation. I can sympathize with that attitude, because in my first game with teacher I had the very same mindset with instantly jumping at teacher at the first opening to get a better impression of his personality, even although definitely not that aggressive as SR does. Also I am doubting if scum!SR would have been that bold to provoke such a 1v1 with a player like teacher on Day 1 considering the attention it caused.
It's that very erratic style of play that's striking me as anti-town. Wagon-hopping betrays a lack of conviction, at best. Directing investigative roles out of the gate. "Pushing" a player that isn't here, as you said. Saying the chennisden wagon is would be a waste of time then doing an instant 180 and voting them . Declaring "pressure vote" on Persival without actually voting. Voting me for still being in RVS after I'd explicitly stated it was now a real vote . As for the 1v1 with teacher, I see both sides making a big deal over trivial matters. No problem with this in principle, since it often gives the other players insights into the two players' alignments. But in this case I didn't come away with any better idea on how to sort them. I don't know if his push on teacher was "bold" or just distracting.

Chennisden has redeemed himself somewhat so

VOTE: SR
Sorry if you've already responded to this, I'm reading through and typing these out as I go. How has chennisden redeemed themself?
In post 190, GrandWazoo wrote:My problem isn't with your activity, SR, but in the nature thereof. Bandwagon-hopping and "swinging at random" IS distracting, hence anti-town. As is your push on teacher, based on a single post (which was itself about the ASCwagon over a single post) It would be like me jumping on teacher over the RVS opening-tip analogy. Trivial points like this don't merit pushes unless you show they're part of a larger scum agenda.

As Persivul says, orchestrating wagons for "pressure" is futile. If you think someone's scum, just vote them and say why. Now nobody will feel pressured by your vote because the target knows it's not a serious wagon and you'll be voting someone else in a page or two.
GW has continually cited SRs posts as distracting, but it seems they weren't that distracting (since you obtained a scumread off of them). I'm assuming I'm being pedantic and you meant more like "they meant to be distracting" but I have to agree that there wasn't much to distract from - scum doesn't tend to distract town with themself, at least not from the games I've played.
I do feel GW is justified in reading SRs votes as wagon hopping, he does change his reads a little quickly, and they seem a little unstable. He has mentioned his votes are like this however (whether you trust self pmeta like that or not) and like I said before, he has recognised that wagon-hopping is scummy yet seems to continue to do so to push for reads.

Regarding Persivul

I think he's made some strong points and shows effort to scumhunt, although many of them do seem to be metas. I'm fairly unsure of this slot, but I don't think it's the lynch for today.
In post 197, scum reading wrote:A lynch on me would actually give zero information.
Why is that?

Last time I heard that argument, it was from scum. Just sayin'...
Meta reads like this make it seem like you have reasoning to be scumreading something but without making you show us that reasoning. In this particular case, I do agree it feels a little scummy to argue that, but I would like you to show us more of what you're thinking, basically.

I'm sure there's a limit to the length of a post that y'all can take and it's 4am so I'm going to continue looking at this tomorrow. I will quickly summarise where I'll put my vote for now though, and where I would be willing to shift it to.

VOTE: chennisden

See "regarding chennisden" above. A lynch on TheASC would be fine too, but I have a stronger scumread on chennis right now, as well as the belief that if he were to flip town he would give more info than town!asc lynch.
I would also be happy with a lynch on GrandWazoo (see above).

I would prefer not to lynch Sekaedy, Skellen, teacher, or Persivul today. To me Skellen is bleeding town right now, I've commented on Persivul above, Sekaedy is inactive, and I no longer have a strong scumread on teacher.

As for a lynch on SR... possibly. I also wrote some thoughts about him above, and although it may look like I'm defending them, I mostly just want to distinguish between being indecisive and wagon-hopping. Whether or not I would feel comfortable voting SR I'm not completely sure about, so maybe they would be my fourth option to lynch today. Like I said, I'll post more tomorrow and hopefully we can reach a decent lynch.[/quote]

Assuming ASC flips red, you
MUST
lynch Zeito tomorrow for this vote and post. No ifs, ands or buts.
Zeito
Zeito
Townie
Zeito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by Zeito »

In post 901, scum reading wrote:I would’ve killed Urap personally if i were you. Your nk helped my poe a lot, I was starting to suspect teacher at the end of day one
It would help if you told them what exactly was the scumtell inside that spoiler. I write some REALLY long posts.
Zeito
Zeito
Townie
Zeito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by Zeito »

In post 1003, Persivul wrote: Assuming ASC flips red, you
MUST
lynch Zeito tomorrow for this vote and post. No ifs, ands or buts.
It would help if you told them what exactly was the scumtell inside that spoiler. I write some REALLY long posts.
Zeito
Zeito
Townie
Zeito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by Zeito »

I was going to respond to the first quote with some snarky comment.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by chennisden »

In post 995, scum reading wrote:Chennis, who’s the second scum frim your pov?
Right now, I don't know who scum #2 is.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 1004, Zeito wrote:
In post 901, scum reading wrote:I would’ve killed Urap personally if i were you. Your nk helped my poe a lot, I was starting to suspect teacher at the end of day one
Sure - attempt to start a new wagon when ASC got to L-2, but a weak scum read on her as well to cover your ass in case the lynch did go through:
See "regarding chennisden" above. A lynch on TheASC would be fine too, but I have a stronger scumread on chennis right now, as well as the belief that if he were to flip town he would give more info than town!asc lynch.
But I can push it myself, right? Because if scum isn't you, there's no reason I'd die tonight. :D
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

tomorrow everyone else should just stay quiet and let persivul and I proxy-1v1 SR vs Zieto for like 15 pages
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1009, u r a person 2 wrote:persivul and I
and me* Mrs. Hall would be so disappointed in me =(
103-11 0-2
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by northsidegal »

A lynch has been achieved!

VC 2.Final
Grand Canyon, Arizona

votes
[4] TheASC
:
u r a person 2 , Persivul , Skellen , scum reading
[1] scum reading
:
chennisden
[1] chennisden
:
TheASC

[1] Not Voting
:
Zeito

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

The Day 2 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-03-20 17:58:59)

Mod Notes
: I apologize deeply for my absence.

The best way to reach me is always by PM, if you have a question, a request for a votecount or if you would like to remind me that a player is in prod range.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:19 pm

Post by northsidegal »

TheASC was lynched. He was a
Mafia Goon

Night 2 begins now and ends in (expired on 2019-03-19 23:19:59).

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by northsidegal »

u r a person 2 was killed. He was a
Vanilla Townie

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:26 pm

Post by northsidegal »

VC 3.0
Oxbow Bend, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming

votes
[5] Not Voting
:
chennisden, Skellen, scum reading, Zeito, Persivul

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch

The Day 3 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-03-26 22:27:59)

Mod Notes
: :D

things fall apart
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by chennisden »

In post 1009, u r a person 2 wrote:tomorrow everyone else should just stay quiet and let persivul and I proxy-1v1 SR vs Zieto for like 15 pages
Knew it.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by chennisden »

In post 1013, northsidegal wrote:
u r a person 2 was killed. He was a
Vanilla Townie
This is the obvious kill.
Zeito
Zeito
Townie
Zeito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by Zeito »

And now I wait for for 15 uses of the word WIFOM and a line from SR about how I killed my townlock because it makes me look clear.
Zeito
Zeito
Townie
Zeito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:25 pm

Post by Zeito »

That was the worst shit that could happen to me here fairly obviously, for I get lynched before lylo then at least it wasn’t in lylo though
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:13 pm

Post by scum reading »

Haven’t said anything and you’re already getting defensive, feeling suspected / guilty? Sell me a case on Persivul or Chennisden and I’ll see if I buy it
Zeito
Zeito
Townie
Zeito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:57 pm

Post by Zeito »

This is very much a thing for me to get defensive about
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:12 am

Post by insomnia »

It sounds more like you knew you’d get pushed so you killed him and have started the day already defending yourself. The urap nk is the only thing you’ve got for a defence.

VOTE: Zeito
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:14 am

Post by scum reading »

It sounds more like you knew you’d get pushed so you killed him and have started the day already defending yourself. The urap nk is the only thing you’ve got for a defence.

vote : zeito
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:14 am

Post by scum reading »

@NSG can you delete 1021 please?
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:02 am

Post by scum reading »

Like, Zeito, you didn't push anyone for the whole game. Day one you pushed chennisden and now you've abandoned your read completely. newbscums love to start vanity wagons when someone's about to get lynched. You don't accuse anyone, that will be the reason of your death. Asking opinions on ASC implies you are, to a certain extent, suspicious of them, but you didn't end up voting at all. You can't hide anymore, Zeito. You didn't need to talk or vote much because of my activity, but now it's all you baby :)

Sell me a case.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”