Ausuka
Garmr (1):
Sashaddin

Not Voting:
Detective Pikachu, Inferno390

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-18 22:00:00)
Last edited by tris on Sat May 18, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 260, Sashaddin wrote:Um, hello. Sorry for the absence, I thought of quitting then I thought how I hate when someone quits on games I like, so here i am.

Having caught up, the very first thing that comes to my mind is that Garmr is very opportunistic and shrewd. He's the same that when were red together, he's playing within his scum range imo. He's my prime suspect.
Others are less obvious, I'll have to read a second or third time this evening to get a feel of the other players, probably when the kids and wife are sleeping.

But in the meantime:
VOTE: Garmr
This bring a 5 letter word to mind
In post 283, u r a person 2 wrote:I'm gonna go right for the cliche here

*ahem*

I think this is TvT
URAP2 is performing poorly rn imo
In post 292, Ausuka wrote:Just going to talk about this VC for a moment:
In post 250, tris wrote:
VC 1.04
Sashaddin (5):
u r a person 2 , Ausuka , Lil Uzi Vert , bob3141 , Garmr
RuiRui (4):
ChannelDelibird , skitter30 , Egix96 , Exilon
u r a person 2 (1):
Inferno390
Exilon (1):
cbynumber
bob3141 (1):
Sashaddin

Not Voting:
RuiRui

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-03 20:00:00)
As long as Sasha is scum here (which I believe he is) we should be looking at scum on the RuiRui wagon. If he's town that suggests a high concentration of scum on the Sasha wagon. Luv is an IC here of course and therefore cannot be scum so the pool of votes we'd be looking at is {u r a person 2, ausuka, bob, garmr}. Knowing that I'm town I personally can condense that to {ur2, bob, garmr}

Even so I believe Sasha is scum here and therefore would rather spend time looking at the wagon on ruirui instead. Egix and Exilon are the most suspicious here because they jumped on towards the end of the wagon, making it more likely that the reason for their choice was to defend Sasha. Probably cdb is town because he feels genuine here and although I know that skitter is dangerous as scum she hasn't triggered any red flags yet other than the early game thing which I now think was just a misunderstanding.

Either way, the reasoning for my beliefs based on the wagons, lies in how the Sasha wagon has stalled. Realistically if Sasha is town scum are going to want to jump on that because there's been high willingness shown to lynch him, more so than anything else.

If Sasha is scum, I'd actually also expect scum to bus Sasha here since the wagon gained a lot of momentum and I think most scumteams wouldn't want to get caught out on defending their scumbuddy from a lynch d1.

However obviously neither of these things has happened as Sasha wagon has stalled and no new votes are coming through. If Sasha is town this suggests that scum are already on the wagon; the reason scum can't jump on Sasha and push him further is because they're already there. This happened in the last Mini Normal I played actually; all three scum jumped on a budding wagon at the beginning and it stalled, so I don't want to discount the Sasha!town possibility. I don't think all 3 scum would necessarily need to be on the Sasha wagon for this purpose, though; it's possible also that only 2 are on the wagon, and the other one is just really scared by the prospect of working with their scumbuddies and all being on the d1 mislynch, and there's also a scum in the vanity voters or voting Ruirui if she's town.

Occam's razor though is that Sasha is just scum here and the reason that his wagon has stalled in the way that it has is that his scumbuddies are really anti-bus and are hoping to get another wagon through, namely RuiRui. I actually find it really hard to imagine a scumteam with both Sasha and a vanity voter; you're showing a hard aversion to bussing, and yet you're not going to push the counterwagon, which has a high chance of just letting the lynch happen and making you look much worse than you would if you'd have voted Sasha? So I'd imagine that if Sasha is scum all his partners would probs be in {cdb, skitter, exilon, egix} and we have a pretty high chance of winning the game from here if we follow that.
Is there a point to this? It seems to give opposing conclusions about things.
In post 294, Inferno390 wrote:So where do I fall in all of that Ausuka?
Knee jerk reaction is to poke this but it makes sense. I was thinking I'd possibly gotten rusty but rn I'm feeling rather sharp.
In post 301, Ausuka wrote:
In post 293, Exilon wrote:Have you considered that it stalled because the deadline for the day isn't over and some of us would like to have more information? Seems like you're relying on some incorrect assumptions here.

In fact, the only reason I'm not voting Sash is because the day isn't over and if I had voted for Sash I would have been hammering him (at least when I looked at the votecount and considered it). And I won't change it now because pressure = information and I like that.
However and for now let it be known that I find Sash to scummier than RuiRui and would rather lynch Sash than RuiRui.
We have 5 days left; I actually think this would be a perfect time to run up Sashaddin and give intent, so if he's actually town and has a claim that justifies leaving him alive, we have enough time to find a good alternative instead of compromise lynching. I don't think running this down to deadline will be helpful and could just cause a scramble. Unless I'm mistaken in counting which I'm 99% sure I'm not, Sashaddin has been at 5 votes, then dropped to 4, leaving him at L-3; that's plenty of room to vote if you want to. I don't think the Ruirui wagon is providing us that much information right now.
If Sasha is scum you're almost definitely town. If he's town you're null-townish. Based on play I feel that you're probably not scum regardless.
In post 297, skitter30 wrote:ur post just above feels kinda exactly like what a partner would say
Yeah this probably makes Exilon the most suspicious of the Ruirui wagon; it feels like upon being associated to Sasha his reaction was that he had to disprove what I was saying.
I like this post. Feels smart.quote="In post 319, u r a person 2"]oh and for 2) above I am not sure it was anymore[/quote]
Mmm I don't like this. Later response + dodging the question = looks like he was struggling for an answer and decided to take a cop-out
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1551, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 260, Sashaddin wrote:Um, hello. Sorry for the absence, I thought of quitting then I thought how I hate when someone quits on games I like, so here i am.

Having caught up, the very first thing that comes to my mind is that Garmr is very opportunistic and shrewd. He's the same that when were red together, he's playing within his scum range imo. He's my prime suspect.
Others are less obvious, I'll have to read a second or third time this evening to get a feel of the other players, probably when the kids and wife are sleeping.

But in the meantime:
VOTE: Garmr
This bring a 5 letter word to mind
In post 283, u r a person 2 wrote:I'm gonna go right for the cliche here

*ahem*

I think this is TvT
URAP2 is performing poorly rn imo
In post 292, Ausuka wrote:Just going to talk about this VC for a moment:
In post 250, tris wrote:
VC 1.04
Sashaddin (5):
u r a person 2 , Ausuka , Lil Uzi Vert , bob3141 , Garmr
RuiRui (4):
ChannelDelibird , skitter30 , Egix96 , Exilon
u r a person 2 (1):
Inferno390
Exilon (1):
cbynumber
bob3141 (1):
Sashaddin

Not Voting:
RuiRui

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-03 20:00:00)
As long as Sasha is scum here (which I believe he is) we should be looking at scum on the RuiRui wagon. If he's town that suggests a high concentration of scum on the Sasha wagon. Luv is an IC here of course and therefore cannot be scum so the pool of votes we'd be looking at is {u r a person 2, ausuka, bob, garmr}. Knowing that I'm town I personally can condense that to {ur2, bob, garmr}

Even so I believe Sasha is scum here and therefore would rather spend time looking at the wagon on ruirui instead. Egix and Exilon are the most suspicious here because they jumped on towards the end of the wagon, making it more likely that the reason for their choice was to defend Sasha. Probably cdb is town because he feels genuine here and although I know that skitter is dangerous as scum she hasn't triggered any red flags yet other than the early game thing which I now think was just a misunderstanding.

Either way, the reasoning for my beliefs based on the wagons, lies in how the Sasha wagon has stalled. Realistically if Sasha is town scum are going to want to jump on that because there's been high willingness shown to lynch him, more so than anything else.

If Sasha is scum, I'd actually also expect scum to bus Sasha here since the wagon gained a lot of momentum and I think most scumteams wouldn't want to get caught out on defending their scumbuddy from a lynch d1.

However obviously neither of these things has happened as Sasha wagon has stalled and no new votes are coming through. If Sasha is town this suggests that scum are already on the wagon; the reason scum can't jump on Sasha and push him further is because they're already there. This happened in the last Mini Normal I played actually; all three scum jumped on a budding wagon at the beginning and it stalled, so I don't want to discount the Sasha!town possibility. I don't think all 3 scum would necessarily need to be on the Sasha wagon for this purpose, though; it's possible also that only 2 are on the wagon, and the other one is just really scared by the prospect of working with their scumbuddies and all being on the d1 mislynch, and there's also a scum in the vanity voters or voting Ruirui if she's town.

Occam's razor though is that Sasha is just scum here and the reason that his wagon has stalled in the way that it has is that his scumbuddies are really anti-bus and are hoping to get another wagon through, namely RuiRui. I actually find it really hard to imagine a scumteam with both Sasha and a vanity voter; you're showing a hard aversion to bussing, and yet you're not going to push the counterwagon, which has a high chance of just letting the lynch happen and making you look much worse than you would if you'd have voted Sasha? So I'd imagine that if Sasha is scum all his partners would probs be in {cdb, skitter, exilon, egix} and we have a pretty high chance of winning the game from here if we follow that.
Is there a point to this? It seems to give opposing conclusions about things.
Knee jerk reaction is to poke this but it makes sense. I was thinking I'd possibly gotten rusty but rn I'm feeling rather sharp.
In post 301, Ausuka wrote:
In post 293, Exilon wrote:Have you considered that it stalled because the deadline for the day isn't over and some of us would like to have more information? Seems like you're relying on some incorrect assumptions here.

In fact, the only reason I'm not voting Sash is because the day isn't over and if I had voted for Sash I would have been hammering him (at least when I looked at the votecount and considered it). And I won't change it now because pressure = information and I like that.
However and for now let it be known that I find Sash to scummier than RuiRui and would rather lynch Sash than RuiRui.
We have 5 days left; I actually think this would be a perfect time to run up Sashaddin and give intent, so if he's actually town and has a claim that justifies leaving him alive, we have enough time to find a good alternative instead of compromise lynching. I don't think running this down to deadline will be helpful and could just cause a scramble. Unless I'm mistaken in counting which I'm 99% sure I'm not, Sashaddin has been at 5 votes, then dropped to 4, leaving him at L-3; that's plenty of room to vote if you want to. I don't think the Ruirui wagon is providing us that much information right now.
If Sasha is scum you're almost definitely town. If he's town you're null-townish. Based on play I feel that you're probably not scum regardless.
In post 297, skitter30 wrote:ur post just above feels kinda exactly like what a partner would say
Yeah this probably makes Exilon the most suspicious of the Ruirui wagon; it feels like upon being associated to Sasha his reaction was that he had to disprove what I was saying.
I like this post. Feels smart.
In post 319, u r a person 2 wrote:oh and for 2) above I am not sure it was anymore
Mmm I don't like this. Later response + dodging the question = looks like he was struggling for an answer and decided to take a cop-out
EBWOP
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1545, bob3141 wrote:whats oof mean
Btw oof is an expression of I think sympathy, like "oh, that's gotta hurt"
<Embrace The Void>

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 11:23 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Yeah I was commenting on how you said you keep losing so many thoughts to bad connection to the site. It hurts just to think about.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1534, Exilon wrote:I wasn't able to get to Bob yet and that's probably only happening tomorrow real time.
i know you'll prob jump on me for this but i actually like your ausuka case
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1535, Detective Pikachu wrote:altho tbh that is a kinda wifomy way to respond to his claim lol, someone makes a mech claim and your first thought is what protectives should do, not whether you buy it or not?
i was thinking this too
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i'm kinda gut-town on gamma but i don't have a great track record reading him historically

but hrg was town tho so i'm prob just going to stick with that
Show
Hiatus once more.

Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by Exilon »

@skitter
I mean that actually doesn't surprise me as I was thinking of your feedback when going over it, and so I tweaked my writing approach a bit
Tried to focus on the absolute key points that needed addressing.

If anything it just adds to your reaction to Egix case being genuine
Feels like I've been here before.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

ah ok. i was actually trying to determine whether you had changed the writing style there and i think i settled on 'yeah probably' but didn't try to figure out exactly how, just kinda continued reading

it really changed the way i felt about it tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1550, tris wrote:
VC 2.10
Egix96 (3):
Exilon , u r a person 2 , skitter30
Sashaddin (3):
Gamma Emerald , Garmr , bob3141
Ausuka (1):
Egix
skitter30 (1):
Ausuka
Garmr (1):
Sashaddin

Not Voting:
Detective Pikachu, Inferno390

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-18 19:00:00)
enough that when i looked at this vc i thought i liked the wagon comp of the wagon i'm on
if garmr's claim is true i'm actually really confusing where scum are because that means i'm either townreading and/or mechanically clearing everyone voting the top two wagons except for maybe exilon, which doesn't feel quite right
Show
Hiatus once more.

Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Exilon »

Quick impression tbh I'm feeling my jimmies being rustled by this repeat of bob voting immediately after Garmr on a wagon (CDB, day 1)
that's rly weird especially considering Garmr's claim
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1542, bob3141 wrote:And on the last point. It was going to be all in one big post but mafiascum is always cutting out for me. So I made several smaller ones rather tahn one bog one to avoid getting to the end of only to lose it all. When the webpage fails when i press sumbit. Forgoten how many times i lost what i was going to type in deifferent locations. Usualy with me replacing what migth ahve been 400-800 words with a single sentance.
You did it over multiple days, though, so I'm not sure how it makes sense that you just wanted to finish your one big post?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:41 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1543, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 1532, Egix96 wrote:Ah, so it's not that skitter has more scum equity per se, but rather that you would gain more info from her interactions with other players? I see.
It seems I don't understand "scum equity". I thought my reasoning was about scum equity. Can someone teach me in a few lines?
scum equity basically boils down to the chance that a slot has to flip scum.

So if you think that player a has a 60% chance of flipping scum and player b has a 40% chance of flipping scum, then player a has a higher scum equity.

Even a player you highly town read has a small amount of scum equity
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1546, Garmr wrote:3 confirmed town were at the end of the sash wagon. the counter wagon was confirmed town.
oh yeah, nm on that bit a sec ago bob. I mean, it didn't make sense but I forgot you were basically conf!town
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

skitter, why did your read on me go from scum to town again?

I can't remember
103-11 0-2
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1561, Exilon wrote:Quick impression tbh I'm feeling my jimmies being rustled by this repeat of bob voting immediately after Garmr on a wagon (CDB, day 1)
What about the claim makes it weird?
<Embrace The Void>

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1565, u r a person 2 wrote:skitter, why did your read on me go from scum to town again?

I can't remember
uh idk
the tunnel kinda got lessened over a bunch of days and at some point i realized i was townreading you
i don't think i could point to aparticular post or anything, it was a gradual process
Show
Hiatus once more.

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:53 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

@skitter okay how about this

where did you go wrong in scum reading me to begin with?
103-11 0-2
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

for latching on to you 'feeling weird' and getting stuck seeing your posts taht way and not getting over it for like a week
Show
Hiatus once more.

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I'd really appreciate a thought out answer here, if you can swing it
103-11 0-2
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by Exilon »

In post 1566, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1561, Exilon wrote:Quick impression tbh I'm feeling my jimmies being rustled by this repeat of bob voting immediately after Garmr on a wagon (CDB, day 1)
What about the claim makes it weird?
Garmr hid behind Bob
It's associative
It's too many associations for it to be a coincidence
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i mean that's kinda it, not sure how to elaborate exactly?

your early posts felt weird, i got tunneled on that for quite a while, i thought you were scum, i eventually got untunneled and realized you didn't feel like your scumgame, i thought you were town

i'm not sure what else you're looking for
Show
Hiatus once more.

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I guess I don't really know. Thanks, skitter
103-11 0-2
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

sorry, just not entirely sure how to explain that better, it was kinda a mindset that changed over a period of time more than anything else
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”