Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:28 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 1223, Shuichi Saihara wrote:I don't really understand what you're going on about here but yes I am assuming you mean what you post and it's going to make my life very hard if I can't do that. Jokes are typically funny, and if you're not being serious or funny then I don't know what you're doing.

If your turbo townread gobbles agreed with me that this post was weird, how are you getting to thinking it's weird for me to take issue with it?

I am confused by this dichotomy between "critical thought" and "great solves" because those seem like the same thing to me.
1. Doing for the lulz != explicitly funny
2. Read post, I yawned at both
Established
critical thought vs
Potential
great solves, that better?
Infectious stealth hydra

Wild, wild horses couldn’t drag us away.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Shuichi Saihara »

In post 1198, Lie Ren wrote:
In post 1168, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 1165, Lie Ren wrote:I honestly think Trojan actually has been putting in some serious work, I have a solid townread on them now
Can I get some details here?
In post 1169, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 1168, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 1165, Lie Ren wrote:I honestly think Trojan actually has been putting in some serious work, I have a solid townread on them now
Can I get some details here?
I'm also interested in this. I'm clearly not taking this game super seriously... I am doing some amount of solving though but I'm curious to hear about what you mean by "serious work".
When I say "serious work", I don't mean actual game solving effort. I just liked the direction they were going and how they were interacting with me. Essentially they shaped up.
I would still like some specifics. I'm wondering how you came to this conclusion based on what they posted between A and B, and also whether you can convince me they're not scum.
In post 1203, mastina wrote:
In post 1142, Trojan Horses wrote:Mastina isn’t an easy read but she seems to be pretty genuine here, where she seems kind of off as scum.
Oh that's a really good way of describing it yeah.

As scum I've tried a lifetime to not feel "off" to myself but to this day, never had a scumgame where I didn't feel 'off'. And when I can tell I am 'off' as scum, I can tell that others can tell, too.

Similarly so for as town. Like this game, I can recognize I'm not the normal town mastina but can still feel that I'm *a* town mastina and am not 'off' to a degree where scumreads on me should exist. They shouldn't.
This is also a mastina scumpost. I believe I recall some game where she went on and on about excuses why she didn't match up to her normal self but was totally town, possibly in the absence of anyone pressing her on it.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:37 am

In post 1225, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 1223, Shuichi Saihara wrote:I don't really understand what you're going on about here but yes I am assuming you mean what you post and it's going to make my life very hard if I can't do that. Jokes are typically funny, and if you're not being serious or funny then I don't know what you're doing.

If your turbo townread gobbles agreed with me that this post was weird, how are you getting to thinking it's weird for me to take issue with it?

I am confused by this dichotomy between "critical thought" and "great solves" because those seem like the same thing to me.
1. Doing for the lulz != explicitly funny
2. Read post, I yawned at both
Established
critical thought vs
Potential
great solves, that better?
1. If it's not funny, theres nothing stopping this from becoming a post facto excuse. Which I currently think it really may be, as I suspect you could see you messed up and decided to invent this "loljk" thing.
2. Right, yet you said my concern was weird. I feel it's one of the better points I've had this game, so I find the dismissal less than thrilling. Did you not mean that as shade?
3. Not really. Is it a potential great solve or something you said for the lols? These things appear to be contradictory. Also, if you have a great solve I'd like to hear it, since I don't believe you've voiced anything of the sort.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 1227, Shuichi Saihara wrote:1. If it's not funny, theres nothing stopping this from becoming a post facto excuse. Which I currently think it really may be, as I suspect you could see you messed up and decided to invent this "loljk" thing.
2. Right, yet you said my concern was weird. I feel it's one of the better points I've had this game, so I find the dismissal less than thrilling. Did you not mean that as shade?
3. Not really. Is it a potential great solve or something you said for the lols? These things appear to be contradictory. Also, if you have a great solve I'd like to hear it, since I don't believe you've voiced anything of the sort.
I mean c'mon dude
In post 1032, Trojan Horses wrote:
But but, Mastina town leader!
Who will I sheep then :(
In post 1033, Trojan Horses wrote:I think I can comfortably sheep Gob actually.
Gob, you get to dictate my vote for today!
In post 1036, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 1035, Wonderwalll wrote:Cool, turkey is voting jjh so if you could vote there that would be great
Oh! Well that sucks,
I like jjh
. Although jjh is not in my game anyway
so I don't need to make up an excuse
for going back on my word.
Gobbles dictate my vote pls
On a scale of seriousness 1-10 how would you rate the bolded parts?

2. Define "shade". I find it surprising that it's not read as merely me trolling around, but given Gobbles also did that, maybe I'm expecting wrong?
3. Yes, I was making arguments from the perceived viewpoint of you guys who interpreted it seriously - i.e. even if it
was
serious, why assume it's based on in-thread material over Gob's potential solving given he's obvtown etc. Say, the equivalent of "RC is IC, cool so I'll just vote where he tells me to". As an observer my actual problem with this whole thing would be that it gives me an excuse not to solve and attach my vote to someone else, thus making myself more unreadable.
Infectious stealth hydra

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Baezu »

I'm hating that scum is obfuscating this game rn
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
jjh927
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:23 am

Post by jjh927 »

I thought that there might be some time to catch up before now but there wasn't. I think the next time I can allocate is in 9 hours
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 1229, Baezu wrote:I'm hating that scum is obfuscating this game rn
What do you want us to do, just claim scum and be done with it? :P
/s or something
Infectious stealth hydra

Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:30 am

In post 1228, Trojan Horses wrote:On a scale of seriousness 1-10 how would you rate the bolded parts?

2. Define "shade". I find it surprising that it's not read as merely me trolling around, but given Gobbles also did that, maybe I'm expecting wrong?
3. Yes, I was making arguments from the perceived viewpoint of you guys who interpreted it seriously - i.e. even if it was serious, why assume it's based on in-thread material over Gob's potential solving given he's obvtown etc. Say, the equivalent of "RC is IC, cool so I'll just vote where he tells me to". As an observer my actual problem with this whole thing would be that
it gives me an excuse not to solve and attach my vote to someone else, thus making myself more unreadable.
1. I would rate that as pretty close to a strawman.
2. Yes, you clearly at best were expecting wrong.
3a. I assume that you are reading gobble as very town based on in thread material, yes. At no point have I suggested you were saying your opinions line up with those of gobbles. I have not checked to see if they do. I am interpreting this as similar to you saying gobbles is confirmed town so you'll follow him. Again I'll cite my original post saying you shouldn't need to sheep a townread while being a three headed hydra.
3-bolded. Yeah... no shit... that's why it's a weird thing for you to say you want to sheep someone when you already have reads, since that is a thing people who don't feel good about their reads do...
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:31 am

In post 1231, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 1229, Baezu wrote:I'm hating that scum is obfuscating this game rn
What do you want us to do, just claim scum and be done with it? :P
/s or something
That would be very helpful actually.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:32 am

I'm going to quit wasting my time on this argument, it's too many layers at this point for anyone else to bother following and even I'm losing track of it in places. You can have the last word if you want.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 1232, Shuichi Saihara wrote:1. I would rate that as pretty close to a strawman.
2. Yes, you clearly at best were expecting wrong.
3a. I assume that you are reading gobble as very town based on in thread material, yes. At no point have I suggested you were saying your opinions line up with those of gobbles. I have not checked to see if they do. I am interpreting this as similar to you saying gobbles is confirmed town so you'll follow him. Again I'll cite my original post saying you shouldn't need to sheep a townread while being a three headed hydra.
3-bolded. Yeah... no shit... that's why it's a weird thing for you to say you want to sheep someone when you already have reads, since that is a thing people who don't feel good about their reads do...
1. It isn't - if you're assuming the bolded there was "lulzy" then context makes the "I'll sheep!" part also likely lulzy.
2. Yes... clearly. :P
3a. Sure, but I was talking about Gobble's argument - the whole "established vs potential" stuff was a reply to his line of attack, which you questioned, which I answered. And to your repeated citation I'll cite this whole series of posts of mine, naturally ;)
3. Exactly... such a weird thing to say... and the context around it is clearly memey... so...

Anyway, I'm cutting engagement about this at this point, sorry - either vote me if you think I'm scum who "messed up" and am post-hoc justifying that (lol) or move on. :P
Infectious stealth hydra

Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

Ninja'd.
Infectious stealth hydra

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:57 am

Post by DrDolittle »

Oh no lists are bought out
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:57 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1084, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am not apathetic.
I didn't say you were silly
In post 1086, Lie Ren wrote:
In post 540, Bernadetta wrote:This is not based on any posts in this game whatsoever.
My subconscious says at least one of the anime name is scum.
Myself and Shuichi are the ones you consider anime names, is that correct? If that is so I definitely think you are genuinely sorting, two slots that have no real meta, unless I am wrong about my assumption that the Shuichi alt is new to this game in the sense that this is the first game the player is using it in, and haven't posted are slots I would read as rather scummy.
I find this post kinda scummy. Reading into obvious jokes like this tends to be a scum move I think.
In post 1114, Lie Ren wrote:Jormengand, which I just realized I have been misspelling, didn't post the thing I want yet, and hasn't posted at all since the read list, so I'm feeling they might have some scum equity. However I also see the logic to scumread Trojan somewhat.
VOTE: Trojan Horses

Thank you SirCakez for answering me, by the way.
I forgot what I answered but you're welcome!

Still reading but I have yet to see the case for jjh???
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1152, BBmolla wrote:the fact that no one wants to vote DDL besides a couple of us is suspect as fuck imo
I agree but apparently this is his meta???
I'd just PL him at this point
In post 1188, mastina wrote:
In post 945, SirCakez wrote:And Dolittle's ISO is really crap. I challenge anyone to find anything remotely town in there.
Experience with DDL as a player--have you played with him before? If so, then you'd know that DDL is like this every game.

Since he is like this every game, what makes him town here instead of null, though? That amounts to mostly gut involving DDL's opener in this game
I don't think he's town that's for sure. Null at best even with meta in mind.
In post 1193, BBmolla wrote:Amrun isn't a bad vote but I'm mostly giving her the benefit of the doubt atm because of life circumstances

she's def in need of a prod at this point at the very least
I'm in the same boat re;Amrun
This game is pretty fast so she could just be overwhelmed
In post 1226, Shuichi Saihara wrote: This is also a mastina scumpost. I believe I recall some game where she went on and on about excuses why she didn't match up to her normal self but was totally town, possibly in the absence of anyone pressing her on it.
I feel I remember this too.
mastina could be scum here.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:24 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 1177, mastina wrote:There is value to be had in paragons being alive, if they are town--but they wouldn't be paragons if they were rattled, if they were shaken, by an incorrect scumread on their slot. They wouldn't be paragons if someone incorrectly scumreading them threw them off their beat, threw them off their kilter, kept them from putting in a paragon-level performance.

And there is value to be had in paragons being alive, if they are town--but if they aren't town, then why the fuck would I fear pushing scum just off of the value of "what if they're town", given the above? Given that being erroneously scumread shouldn't rattle, shouldn't shake, a paragon winner, there's no reason not to state a scumread on one.
Yes we know you hate the fact that I won paragon.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:28 am

Post by We are not helping »

i have a confession to make:

ive been lightly skimming the game after a certain point and im not really motivated to catch up but ive asked my other hydra heads and i think we are all on board with lynching jormen so can we lynch jormen now

-okapoka
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:30 am

In post 1241, We are not helping wrote:i have a confession to make:

ive been lightly skimming the game after a certain point and im not really motivated to catch up but ive asked my other hydra heads and i think we are all on board with lynching jormen so can we lynch jormen now

-okapoka
We're waiting for the slowpokes in Game B to catch up.

-bitmap
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:31 am

if we lynch in game a we force game b to carry the thread

-okapoka
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:31 am

In post 1240, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1177, mastina wrote:There is value to be had in paragons being alive, if they are town--but they wouldn't be paragons if they were rattled, if they were shaken, by an incorrect scumread on their slot. They wouldn't be paragons if someone incorrectly scumreading them threw them off their beat, threw them off their kilter, kept them from putting in a paragon-level performance.

And there is value to be had in paragons being alive, if they are town--but if they aren't town, then why the fuck would I fear pushing scum just off of the value of "what if they're town", given the above? Given that being erroneously scumread shouldn't rattle, shouldn't shake, a paragon winner, there's no reason not to state a scumread on one.
Yes we know you hate the fact that I won paragon.

-bitmap
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:10 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1224, Shuichi Saihara wrote:This is something I would expect her to say as scum, and I think she will agree with me on this.
Ehhh...kinda? I'd say something similar I suppose, but I wouldn't say that.
In post 1226, Shuichi Saihara wrote:I believe I recall some game where she went on and on about excuses why she didn't match up to her normal self but was totally town, possibly in the absence of anyone pressing her on it.
Yes I do that on occasion. It has happened as both alignments a fact you'd know considering you were in a game where I did that as town.
In post 1211, Lie Ren wrote:You know what, screw it. Your credibility in this game took a nosedive, even outside the laughable idea of having a townread on DDL at this moment.
If you say so.
In post 1240, RadiantCowbells wrote:Yes we know you hate the fact that I won paragon.
Sorry to disappoint you but I have literally zero emotions towards you winning paragon. None. Literally zero emotions whatsoever. No disappointment, no anger, nothing, not unless you consider total apathy to be an emotion when apathy is the absence of emotion. I won't lie, you're not who I voted for, but there's zero emotions involved in that.
In post 1212, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 1180, Trojan Horses wrote:don't see at all why a logical scummer would make delayed entrance more as town than scum. O.o
And yet anecdotally that's my loose experience.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:29 am

In post 1245, mastina wrote:It has happened as both alignments a fact you'd know considering you were in a game where I did that as town.
Possible. I don't have an encyclopedic memory of past games.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:33 am

Post by BBmolla »

my vote stands
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:50 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

You don't say what you said in 1177 if you're neutral emotionless, so
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1220, Bernadetta wrote:And that'll not happen today because I actually came here to declare V/LA until Friday @mod.
Acknowledged.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”