Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4250 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:28 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4249, Auro wrote:That doesn't sound like blaming the mod to me? Just that with whatever info scum!Jake had, Quick thinks Jake had either modified or asked a different Q to get the "No comment" response (accurately from the mod).
Riiiiight! I'm an idiot kinda. Sorry Quick. You're still scum but I may have gone overboard here.

So the theory is that Jake buggered the question because of the knowledge he has as scum, not that the mod gave him different info because he is scum. I fucked that up.

Jake should still have been able to get a straight answer in a clarification and it doesn't change my reads as this was not at all a hinge for the scumreads on them. Quick still does the Oreo with this reading as well so yaknow.

It does make my thoughts on Quick as a player return to a more favorable state though, which is great because I was getting really worried about how one could even come to the conclusion I thought I saw!

So ya, sorry again, Quick.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4208, Auro wrote:@Nero: I would still think Oka is town. A scumflip in Jake/Quick would lock him town.
not what I asked though.

Also, why are you pushing Blair?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:07 pm

Post by mastina »

Apologies. Had internet issues until just now, but with it being 3 am, continued content will have to wait until tomorrow.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4240, OkaPoka wrote:i like my zany idea where this was some really strange double bus gambit
but how would they coordinate it?

a50 said on d1 that infected functions like traitors.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:19 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 4050, Nero Cain wrote:Auro, if Quick and Jake are both town how would you feel about Oka?
What answers did you expect? Gimme a set of options? :P

Quote me pushing Blair at the moment? If you're asking
why not
, directing focus and letting Blair get into the game.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:30 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 4207, Blair wrote:Update: I've read Oka's recommendation and I checked my own slot's ISO to figure out why I was voting for mastina.

Unfortunately, my slot was dumb and its reads make no sense.

Jake wagon makes a LOT of sense, although I kind of agree with what others have said about it being a pretty disappointing reason to flip a slot.

VOTE: Jake

As far as I can tell, Jake was pretty plainly lying about a verifiable game mechanic - which might be forgivable if it weren't for the fact that
he also lied about having verified the verifiable game mechanic.

That's so cut and dry that I feel like anyone voting for someone other than Jake not only needs to explain why the person they're voting for is scummy, but also how on earth they could be scummier than Jake.

With that in mind: Why is Quick scummier than Jake?
That is patently false. I never affirmed that I lied about it.
I didn't lie about the answer I got either. We all find it very scummy that you bring up the irrelevant as if it's some sort of "gotcha".
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:32 pm

In post 4215, Quick wrote:
In post 4212, OkaPoka wrote:hmm? that's interesting
Yeah, I saw that pretty much all (or a lot) of my strongest SRs are voting for Jake. I'm in no position to lead anything so I am just going to sheep there because they are probably my betters.
So you are trusting people you find scummy?

10000 IQ plays
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:33 pm

In post 4216, Quick wrote:
In post 4215, Quick wrote:
In post 4212, OkaPoka wrote:hmm? that's interesting
Yeah, I saw that pretty much all (or a lot) of my strongest
SRs
TRs
are voting for Jake. I'm in no position to lead anything so I am just going to sheep there because they are probably my betters.
Nevermind
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:39 pm

Spoiler: Aaaaaa
In post 4237, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 4095, Quick wrote:
In post 4093, Nero Cain wrote:I disagree immensely that we should only be focusing on Jake/Quick but with 5 days till deadline I doubt anyone gets lynched but them. I think my criticism of the Jake wagon is valid here. Still don't really think that a scum Jake who knew that infected know they are infected sorta CC's voted there. It would have to be VERY VERY poor scum play if it was. I mean, it's not really impossible since scum I could see a newb scum go "hey, I'm going to throw some doubt on Voted and get him lynched!" If he's town though he'll make an ez hedge 4 scum and eat our night actions so he makes for a decent d2 lynch. Consider my vote on Jake is sprit and I'll move there when I have to.
It really has nothing to do with that FMPOV. I would just gather that Jake was telling the truth about what the mod told him but him being Scum tainted the question he asked. That is if he is Scum here, but YMMV.
I don't know why this needs to be stated but I will state it anyway...

The Mod Should Never Tailor An Answer Based On Alignment!

I don't care what you think here, you're fucking making a ridiculous conjecture that I would call horrendous modding practices, and I have faith that is not the case! Literally mod-influences the game if this is the case! And IIRC we have been told that mod provided information will not be fallacious, therefore unless Jake buggered the question to no end, there is no fucling reason he got a different answer here! He has not re-asked it or reworded it (or at least not stated so publicly). He has not made any effort to right this. He merely LIED!

Maybe be misread the answer or misasked the question. Then he should goddamned say so! He is being so cagey about the whole damned thing it has gotten ridiculous and almost memetic! If he was given a different answer based on alignment I swear to god Imma be so flustered!

So Quick, how about you come back to reality and think this shit through before talking squarely out of your ass? Okay?
Okay.

I didn't lie, as seen by my constant defense of it.

Why would I put myself through all of this madness just to hold up a lie, as any allignment? This has frankly been taxing on my mental heath and I'd much appreciate it if you shut the hell up about it.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:43 pm

In post 4243, Auro wrote:
In post 4237, Aristophanes wrote:Maybe be misread the answer or misasked the question.
And this can apply to information within scum PT as well, no? What's the reason for not clarifying on how he phrased the question or going into the reasons why he could've gotten that specific answer?
Do you think a mod wouldn't allow a player to explore that, and ban it?

Yes, it is on Jake. I don't think it's a Mod fault either.
Auro, why the fuck would I ask the Mod a stupid question that I know the answer to? Do you honestly believe that I am so fucking stupid that I'm not going to trust when a majority of the people say the answer is yes? That is a personal attack on me.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:51 pm

Post by Auro »

>Knows something from scum PT, or had asked something similar but a little different earlier
>Says it's "no comment" before the majority of people come in to say Jake's wrong
>Refuses to clarify on what he actually asked, because this was a slip

What else would you do when a majority of people said yes after you'd already blurted out that it was "no comment"? Wouldn't say you're stupid, just that you should've asked the mod "if town asked this what answer would they get" to be sure :P I don't think it's particularly stupid not to.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:51 pm

Post by Auro »

If I'm wrong on the chronology feel free to point it out.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:01 am

In post 4260, Auro wrote:>Knows something from scum PT, or had asked something similar but a little different earlier
>Says it's "no comment" before the majority of people come in to say Jake's wrong
>Refuses to clarify on what he actually asked, because this was a slip

What else would you do when a majority of people said yes after you'd already blurted out that it was "no comment"? Wouldn't say you're stupid, just that you should've asked the mod "if town asked this what answer would they get" to be sure :P I don't think it's particularly stupid not to.
Auro, if I knew the answer to "Do infected know they are infected", then why the hell would I lie??? It is only detrimental to both me and my mental heath. This has stressed me the fuck out because I don't want to flip (because like hell am I ever going to trust the timeless "wisdom" of the town) but people are calling me a blatant fucking liar.

Auro, I was mistaken at first. I am not mistaken now. I asked a completely different question that was only tenatively related to V's. I retracted after hearing the actual question and while I still defended mine, I didn't continue claiming that they were lying about the answer. Pull your head out of your fucking ass.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:05 am

Post by Auro »

I'm not saying you lied when you said "no comment" - I do think you believed that to be true.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:12 am

In post 4263, Auro wrote:I'm not saying you lied when you said "no comment" - I do think you believed that to be true.
Why would I delibritely miscommunicate as scum who cpuld have been fact checked within minutes.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:17 am

Post by Auro »

You believed it was true, and hence it wasn't a deliberate miscommunication.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:18 am

Post by Auro »

Hmm. Who do you think is the best vote apart from Quick?
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:20 am

In post 4266, Auro wrote:Hmm. Who do you think is the best vote apart from Quick?
No Lynch.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:21 am

In post 4265, Auro wrote:You believed it was true, and hence it wasn't a deliberate miscommunication.
No, that would be false. If I was scum, wouldn't I know or at least think to ask before challenging V?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:27 am

Post by Auro »

Why No Lynch?

Wouldn't that apply to if you were town as well? I'm saying that the mistake you *claimed* to have made as town, you made as scum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:40 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3942, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:This is by analysing Wagonomics
I don’t get caught by wagonomics, I’m a VC Master.

It’s more suspicious of me to be cleared through wagonomics tbh
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:42 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3969, Quick wrote:
In post 3967, Auro wrote:
In post 3963, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 3947, Auro wrote:In the not-a-suspect list.
When did that change?
I've not been explicitly scumreading him, I was just trying to get him to play more :P
Flavor's poor showing, and his thinking he's threatening scum with his glorious entrance - that's town indicative, lol. As scum he'd simply go ahead and actually try to do that, and probably not sheep onto a popular wagon.
Honestly, you can only believe about 10% of what FL even says.

Eh, Auro reads me better than anyone right now, if he says I’m scum, I’m scum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:42 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3971, Auro wrote:
In post 3969, Quick wrote:Honestly, you can only believe about 10% of what FL even says.
Yes, but you can also read him off what he says, when compared to what he's actually trying to do.
I got the gift of gab, I don’t try to do anything, i just do it.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:42 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3973, 5G Tower wrote:Fucking baited lol
VOTE: TrueSoulenergy
...Transmission complete...
Lol
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:44 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3983, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3929, Flavor Leaf wrote:I don’t chain lynch, and I’ve already said they could even be town town, and I put Jake in my town block.

How is this chain lynching?
IG I'm a bit confused then. If you thought Jake was town then calling Jake/Quick "not S/S" seems like weird wording, imo.

In post 3929, Flavor Leaf wrote:I feel scum are feeling threatened by my entrance.
Who is doing this? As far as I know I'm the only one that's questioning you. Am I scum? Feels a little like false bravado.
I don’t think they’re S/S.

They can be town/town.

I just don’t think that’s how scum ever talk to another scum. Maybe it’s a poor reasoning, but I just generally feel that.

The social dynamics of games and players within are part of my specialties.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”