Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Auro »

@Hoopla: I was sort of hoping ABR would be the one to call me out on only talking about Llama, so I could link him back to this. (I jest)

Scumhunting here seems difficult for me because of what I feel to be a big difference in playstyle and methods of scumhunting. For example, I can see the point behind the entire "cuteness as a shield" argument, and I can see that many of you actually seriously believe that... but to me it's just NAI and somewhat silly/amusing. If this were a normal game I'd be pretty aggressively pushing at anyone arguing that line.

Morning Tweet is cute in every game. She definitely possesses the capability of faking gamesolving, and convincingly so. I actually loosely think that as scum she'd make the judgement call
to avoid
cute-gimmick posting instead of embracing it. To me, it very plainly looks like she's having fun with people she recognizes. I doubt that the motivation is "form an initial cute impression, get classified as cute, and that will help me the rest of the game!".I townread her reaction: she seemed surprised at this being the major talking point, still recognized the perspectives of people attacking her while maintaining that it's not really relevant, and noted that this play could annoy some of the playerbase and apologized for it.

Perhaps efforts should be made to see that some of us newer players play mafia with a stronger social element and begin evaluating the game from that perspective?

I'm :?: at Llamarble's lack of attempt to engage with me to flush out my thought processes while calling me scum anyway and positing me as a buddy to Green Crayons when he already expressed a scumread on me and also pointed out that Starbuck interaction as a "bad look" - what's the association, here, again? And besides,
why
do Starbuck's RQS and my answer look bad? Is it the mere fact that we're making conversation that's "not game relevant"?

I townread Reckoner. I find his "can Auro stop spamming" comment town-indicative: I think scum would actually find my spam posting -- while I'm also generally getting disliked -- is actually in their favor, as I end up drawing that negative attention. He's also the only one to acknowledge that his dislike of MT could be a playstyle bias.

I townread Blair also
because she's in my young blood townbloc
(I jest). The only content in posts , , was "<user> no, you misspelled iamausername" which I find is quite daring given the game's already shown distaste towards gimmick posting (attempts to build a wagon are pro-town but that formatting of posts and not doing anything else does look gimmicky to me), when there was ample opportunity to actually start feigning scumhunting on the wagon that formed on her, etc etc. However, Blair, I do have high expectations from you! ^-^

I townread Hoopla because apart from the cuteness thing I feel as though I share a lot of perspectives - including the one where I feel scummy because I wasn't doing much apart from engaging with Mr Llama. I hope I can lure Hoopla into a lot of theory chat too :twisted: (I jest, again) I will, however, point out that my engagement with Llamarble was more than theory-talk: theory is inevitable when you're expanding or rebutting an attack, no? Unless you're the kind of player that says "o ur scum" and leaves it at that, but I'm not that!

I townread Porkens for reasons already covered in thread; plus the way he's carrying himself in this game seems towny to me.

I haven't checked that Llamarble's far less capable as scum so far, and I still find his perspectives scummy (although of course, have to account for the playstyle and mindset change and everything) and I don't really think moving the game from RVS to serious is as strong a towntell as people make it out to be.

I'll be happy to engage about specific reads on other people as well.

But, let me happily bus my buddy #1 for now:
VOTE: Green Crayons

6 votes now, I believe?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I don't like the green crayon votes so I'll jump on the counter wagon.

Unvote, Vote iamausername
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 275, Auro wrote:Morning Tweet is cute in every game. She definitely possesses the capability of faking gamesolving, and convincingly so.
I'll call you out on your linking to a game that has nothing to do with your point
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by Llamarble »

275 is I want to fire out of airlock.
So I guess I will.
VOTE: Auro
Honestly you have a certain similarity of way of thinking to mine. And 275 is pure early-mid d1 scum me.

I liked voting for Green Crayon too.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 272, Green Crayons wrote:Im trying to figure out if you’re genuine or buddying.
i think of it less as buddying, and more like an intricate dance. we're moving at the same tempo and in the same direction; perhaps even listening to the same song. there's a small part of me that hopes it will last forever, but the cynical part of me knows its fleeting.

until the illusion shatters, i just want to have this dance.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 277, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'll call you out on your linking to a game that has nothing to do with your point
I think she makes a convincing attempt in that game to appear as though she is gamesolving - you disagree with that?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 278, Llamarble wrote:VOTE: Auro
Honestly you have a certain similarity of way of thinking to mine. And 275 is pure early-mid d1 scum me.
this actually may be the first misstep. can you explain this?

on first parse, it read well to me.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 278, Llamarble wrote:And 275 is pure early-mid d1 scum me.
... how so?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by Hoopla »

@ABR

do you have any thoughts on our two main wagons? seems weird of you to be posting during the formation of this battle and not bother addressing them at all.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 279, Hoopla wrote:
In post 272, Green Crayons wrote:Im trying to figure out if you’re genuine or buddying.
i think of it less as buddying, and more like an intricate dance. we're moving at the same tempo and in the same direction; perhaps even listening to the same song. there's a small part of me that hopes it will last forever, but the cynical part of me knows its fleeting.

I love this post.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 279, Hoopla wrote:i think of it less as buddying, and more like an intricate dance. we're moving at the same tempo and in the same direction; perhaps even listening to the same song. there's a small part of me that hopes it will last forever, but the cynical part of me knows its fleeting.

I must say I'm liking reading Hoopla posts!

Pedit: Hahahaha
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 251, VP Baltar wrote:UNVOTE: MT
VOTE: iamausername

I just spent a game as scum fighting against Blair's instincts to save my team. No one in that game would really follow her and she screamed into the void for many pages. She ended up copping two of them.

Blatant sheep here. Come at me if you don't like it.
Why you leave MT?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:59 pm

In post 283, Hoopla wrote:@ABR

do you have any thoughts on our two main wagons? seems weird of you to be posting during the formation of this battle and not bother addressing them at all.
I dont even start reading the game until page 25 these days.

Explain to me what's going on and I'll give you my opinion on it.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:59 pm

In post 280, Auro wrote:
In post 277, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'll call you out on your linking to a game that has nothing to do with your point
I think she makes a convincing attempt in that game to appear as though she is gamesolving - you disagree with that?
But she was town in partition...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 276, Kmd4390 wrote:I don't like the green crayon votes so I'll jump on the counter wagon.

Unvote, Vote iamausername
why dont you like the GC votes
green shirt thursdays
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by Porkens »

GC is still voting tripod kinda weirdish
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:15 pm

Explain to me gc vs iamuser
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:15 pm

and use quotes
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:17 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 288, Albert B. Rampage wrote:But she was town in partition...
Wait wtf, what's my memory coming to - maybe I mixed up games, but I thought this was the one where she replaced in and made a massive solvey catchup as scum. Lemme have a look again :P
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:19 pm

Post by Auro »

I was also in the spec thread of that game, hilarious
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:19 pm

Post by Porkens »

IAUN has dos posts
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 287, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I dont even start reading the game until page 25 these days.

Explain to me what's going on and I'll give you my opinion on it.
town heroine hoopla dazzled onlookers with a stunning moment of divine intuition, powering the wagon on GC-scum.

in response, shady antihero blair rustled up an uninspired counterwagon on lurking easy-target iamausername. her motivations? god knows.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:05 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 281, Hoopla wrote:
In post 278, Llamarble wrote:VOTE: Auro
this actually may be the first misstep. can you explain this?

on first parse, it read well to me.

Tell me where in that post his vote on gc makes sense.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:16 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 279, Hoopla wrote:

Do you always write like this?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:18 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 290, Porkens wrote:GC is still voting tripod kinda weirdish
Trying to find a suitable alternative and in the meanwhile UT hasn’t posted so my vote’s OG purpose still persists.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”