Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Blair »

Here's why it's bad faith.

Please read the following posts:

Spoiler:
In post 244, Blair wrote:
In post 201, iamausername wrote:
In post 187, Hoopla wrote:[Llama's] reads roughly mirror what i am seeing - especially at the extremes.
+
In post 187, Hoopla wrote:i don't think abr's opening is suspicious for him. he's a polarising character that is always going to attempt to reinvent the wheel in some way or another early in the game, and probably as either alignment.
is odd, when one of Llama's 'extremes' is that ABR is the scummiest player.

alright, i'm in.

VOTE: Hoopla
This feels a bit disingenuous to me. Hoopla can agree with ABR being scummy while also believing his opening was NAI.

Also liking Hoopla's posts so far, so:

UNVOTE: Hoopla
VOTE: iamausername
In post 245, Blair wrote:To add on to that, I broadly find that when someone claims they have caught somebody being inconsistent, but the inconsistent statements coexist in the same exact post, it's more often a bad faith reading of thecpost than a genuine scum-contradiction.
In post 286, Porkens wrote:
In post 251, VP Baltar wrote:UNVOTE: MT

I just spent a game as scum fighting against Blair's instincts to save my team. No one in that game would really follow her and she screamed into the void for many pages. She ended up copping two of them.

Blatant sheep here. Come at me if you don't like it.
Why you leave MT?
In post 295, Porkens wrote:IAUN has dos posts
In post 321, Llamarble wrote:Well the IAAU one is simple. There are two posts there and his vote is the kind of minor inconsistency scum go for.
GC has a more developed ISO of different stuff, but most recently 305 calls a bunch of people suspicious and disappointing without really doing anything.
In post 327, Blair wrote:People keep shading the iamausername wagon over IIAU having two posts as if it were a holistic case or something. It wasn't. It's based off of one scummy post. There can be one scummy post in two.
In post 330, Llamarble wrote:VP is a solid vote; he might be the scum I missed if GC is town.
VOTE: Auro
I'm guessing "he seems a lot like scum-llamarble" won't be enough to get you all there, but I need to be here right now for sanity.

Blair who are IAAU's buddies? Who definitely isn't IAAU's buddies?
In post 333, Blair wrote:
In post 330, Llamarble wrote:Blair who are IAAU's buddies? Who definitely isn't IAAU's buddies?
It's early to partner hunt him, but if I had to, I would expect at least one on-wagon early bus and at least one off-wagon detractor.

On-wagon: Could be VP Baltar. He felt the need to over explain why he was sheeping me. Could denote self consciousness.

Off-wagon: Porkens or Llamarble. Porkens took a direct stab at the wagon based on IIAU's post count. Llamarble indirectly did the same by bringing it up under the guise of helpfully describing the wagon. :wink:
In post 336, Porkens wrote:
In post 333, Blair wrote:
In post 330, Llamarble wrote:Blair who are IAAU's buddies? Who definitely isn't IAAU's buddies?
It's early to partner hunt him, but if I had to, I would expect at least one on-wagon early bus and at least one off-wagon detractor.

On-wagon: Could be VP Baltar. He felt the need to over explain why he was sheeping me. Could denote self consciousness.

Off-wagon: Porkens or Llamarble. Porkens took a direct stab at the wagon based on IIAU's post count. Llamarble indirectly did the same by bringing it up under the guise of helpfully describing the wagon. :wink:
Exaueeze me? To what stab do you refer?
In post 338, Blair wrote:
In post 295, Porkens wrote:IAUN has dos posts
In post 340, Porkens wrote:That’s a stab at a wagon? Can you explain how?
In post 342, Blair wrote:The reason for my IIAU vote, for those who were asking:
In post 244, Blair wrote:
In post 201, iamausername wrote:
In post 187, Hoopla wrote:[Llama's] reads roughly mirror what i am seeing - especially at the extremes.
+
In post 187, Hoopla wrote:i don't think abr's opening is suspicious for him. he's a polarising character that is always going to attempt to reinvent the wheel in some way or another early in the game, and probably as either alignment.
is odd, when one of Llama's 'extremes' is that ABR is the scummiest player.

alright, i'm in.

VOTE: Hoopla
This feels a bit disingenuous to me. Hoopla can agree with ABR being scummy while also believing his opening was NAI.

Also liking Hoopla's posts so far, so:

UNVOTE: Hoopla
In post 245, Blair wrote:To add on to that, I broadly find that when someone claims they have caught somebody being inconsistent, but the inconsistent statements coexist in the same exact post, it's more often a bad faith reading of thecpost than a genuine scum-contradiction.
In post 344, Blair wrote:
In post 340, Porkens wrote:That’s a stab at a wagon? Can you explain how?
A stab as in an attack, not a stab as in an attempt

Then explain how Starbuck arrived at the conclusion that I wanted to policy lynch IAAU for only making two posts:
In post 376, Starbuck wrote:UNVOTE: xRECKONERx
VOTE: Blair

I'm still not liking that policy push.
There's no way SB was actually reading my push on IAAU, they scanned the thread for something they could pick at to look busy.

VOTE: Starbuck
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 421, CantHateAPuppy wrote:but your vote on blair didn't come with any questions either
This is true. My RVS vote on Reck was stale and it was time to switch it up. Does that make me hypocritical? I probably should have just FOS'd, tbh.

Reading Blair in ISO shortly after, though, actually confirmed for me that my vote is where it should be right now, so I'm pretty ok with that.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Starbuck »

You know for someone accusing me of not reading, I don't think you've read what I've posted recently either.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Blair »

I'm noting that rather than tell me I'm wrong you opted to respond with, "Maybe she's doing it, too!"
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Starbuck »

I just see you OMGUS-ing.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 408, Auro wrote:Do you want to talk about any of my other reads I've given reasons for?
VOTE: auro

No. I would think you could actually give even a minor detail about what in your "gut" read pinged for you. I don't like the hand waving when asked a pretty simple question.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Blair »

In post 429, Starbuck wrote:I just see you OMGUS-ing.
I pretty carefully laid out what I thought you were doing and why I thought you were doing it.

You can hang your hat on the fact that you voted me first if you'd like, but it doesn't hold water.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Auro »

In post 430, VP Baltar wrote:No. I would think you could actually give even a minor detail about what in your "gut" read pinged for you. I don't like the hand waving when asked a pretty simple question.
He reminds me of my town self :P
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Auro »

In post 383, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 381, Green Crayons wrote:unobtrusive
unobtrustive isn't really my go to, I just have nothing to add to the masturbatory "I'm going to solve the game with this full read list" early D1 posts
I like this post.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:05 am

Post by Auro »

In post 430, VP Baltar wrote:No. I would think you could actually give even a minor detail about what in your "gut" read pinged for you. I don't like the hand waving when asked a pretty simple question.
So do you think that I am scum incapable of producing a detail, or that I am hand-waving you because it benefits scum!me somehow? If it's the latter, how does it?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 431, Blair wrote:I pretty carefully laid out what I thought you were doing and why I thought you were doing it.
Again, assumptions are dumb. I'm here and reading. I might have mistaken your case on IAUN as policy (as pages are flying by rather quickly), but I saw your explanation when I wrote out a post about it earlier and said as such. You either have seemingly ignored that or missed it.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:11 am

Post by Starbuck »

Again, going full bore on someone after 2 posts in the game isn't a good look. Nor is your severe overreaction here. My vote did what I wanted it to do. So thanks.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Blair »

In post 435, Starbuck wrote:
In post 431, Blair wrote:I pretty carefully laid out what I thought you were doing and why I thought you were doing it.
Again, assumptions are dumb. I'm here and reading. I might have mistaken your case on IAUN as policy (as pages are flying by rather quickly), but I saw your explanation when I wrote out a post about it earlier and said as such. You either have seemingly ignored that or missed it.
I saw it.

You acknowledged that you were wrong then immediately doubled down on your read anyway.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 426, Starbuck wrote:
In post 421, CantHateAPuppy wrote:but your vote on blair didn't come with any questions either
This is true. My RVS vote on Reck was stale and it was time to switch it up. Does that make me hypocritical? I probably should have just FOS'd, tbh.

Reading Blair in ISO shortly after, though, actually confirmed for me that my vote is where it should be right now, so I'm pretty ok with that.
Summarize your scumread based on her iso please.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:22 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

all right, looking at your back and forth with blair, i think you're being inconsistent, but inconsistent in a town way

definitely don't argree that going "full bore" on someone with two posts is a bad thing, isn't driving a wagon a good way to get more out of someone?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 438, Porkens wrote:

Summarize your scumread based on her iso please.
Post 401
In post 439, CantHateAPuppy wrote:

all right, looking at your back and forth with blair, i think you're being inconsistent, but inconsistent in a town way

definitely don't argree that going "full bore" on someone with two posts is a bad thing, isn't driving a wagon a good way to get more out of someone?
I think it's too easy to go after the quiet ones. I feel like it's an excuse for her not to interact with anyone else. It sucks that they're lurking or maybe with this game starting at 9 pm on a Sunday (for me) that they might be working and such. It's only Tuesday. That's what I think about anyways.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Blair »

Yes, my plan to not interact with anyone is working splendidly.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:34 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 437, Blair wrote:You acknowledged that you were wrong then immediately doubled down on your read anyway.
I was wrong about the policy side of things and I admitted it. I can admit when I'm wrong.

However, I doubled down because I saw quite a few things I didn't like once I went to your ISO, which is why I haven't moved my vote.

Your reactions are less than stellar and definitely not giving me reason to move right now.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:39 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 440, Starbuck wrote:I think it's too easy to go after the quiet ones. I feel like it's an excuse for her not to interact with anyone else. It sucks that they're lurking or maybe with this game starting at 9 pm on a Sunday (for me) that they might be working and such. It's only Tuesday. That's what I think about anyways.
there is nothing about blair's push on iiau that i took as anything but "it's only tuesday". like, it didn't look like a push to lynch someone that was definitively declared as "IIAU is scum, this is the lynch, this is not only a temporary RVS wagon"
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:40 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i don't mean this in a rude way. would you call yourself a stubborn person? or more light-hearted? i just want to get a picture of how to read you right
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:40 am

Post by AGar »

In post 443, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 440, Starbuck wrote:I think it's too easy to go after the quiet ones. I feel like it's an excuse for her not to interact with anyone else. It sucks that they're lurking or maybe with this game starting at 9 pm on a Sunday (for me) that they might be working and such. It's only Tuesday. That's what I think about anyways.
there is nothing about blair's push on iiau that i took as anything but "it's only tuesday". like, it didn't look like a push to lynch someone that was definitively declared as "IIAU is scum, this is the lynch, this is not only a temporary RVS wagon"
I think I had a stroke trying to read this, try again?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Blair »

In post 442, Starbuck wrote:
In post 437, Blair wrote:You acknowledged that you were wrong then immediately doubled down on your read anyway.
I was wrong about the policy side of things and I admitted it. I can admit when I'm wrong.

However, I doubled down because I saw quite a few things I didn't like once I went to your ISO, which is why I haven't moved my vote.

Your reactions are less than stellar and definitely not giving me reason to move right now.
My "reactions" were me shading your misinterpretation of my vote.

So who's OMGUS'ing now?

(Note: I don't actually think OMGUS is a scum tell, I'm using it here as a purely rhetorical device)
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Blair »

To avoid future confusion:

Starbuck is scum, this is the lynch, this is not only a temporary RVS wagon
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 444, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i don't mean this in a rude way. would you call yourself a stubborn person? or more light-hearted? i just want to get a picture of how to read you right
I feel I'm more lighthearted, but any interaction with me seems to be taken much more seriously than I intend when I'm just responding. Words like her "outrage" or folks assuming that I feel attacked feel so out of place because I'm not feeling that way. I'm trying to figure out where heads are at or why they think that of me as town, or if they really are scum and are just trying to push a mislynch. I just don't get the hostility behind it.

I don't know if folks are pushing buttons on purpose because I'll admit when I was here ages ago, I was probably more of a toxic player sometimes and I don't want to be that. I just want to play the game and enjoy because at the end of the day, it's just a game. If I die, I die. I'll make mistakes. I'll misread shit sometimes. Welcome to mafia!
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 447, Blair wrote:Starbuck is scum, this is the lynch, this is not only a temporary RVS wagon
Cool, bring it on.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”