Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Auro »

In post 538, Llamarble wrote:Blair Clap MT to round out my Auro GC Reck
team
townbloc
I'd add Hoopla to that townbloc, actually. Maybe Blair and MT can have spots too. Should CLAP? Hmm.

Anyone else wanna join the townbloc?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:23 am

Post by Auro »

In post 574, Blair wrote:But I think most townies who believe "She appears to be voting for IAAU on policy" would also think "Let's check her original reason for voting."

To not do so suggests a real lack of interest in whether or not your argument has merit.
I disagree. Voting for someone on policy is not unbelievable at all. If there
was
something that didn't feel right about it, sure, someone would investigate.

These "lurker policy pushes" happen all the time from either alignment. I don't think most townies would double check. On the contrary, I'm sure that's pretty rare for town.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:32 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 576, Auro wrote:
In post 574, Blair wrote:But I think most townies who believe "She appears to be voting for IAAU on policy" would also think "Let's check her original reason for voting."

To not do so suggests a real lack of interest in whether or not your argument has merit.
I disagree. Voting for someone on policy is not unbelievable at all. If there
was
something that didn't feel right about it, sure, someone would investigate.

These "lurker policy pushes" happen all the time from either alignment. I don't think most townies would double check. On the contrary, I'm sure that's pretty rare for town.
Yeah I'm with Auro on this honestly. But I'm also a lazy fucko and don't scroll up.
green shirt thursdays
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 572, Auro wrote:
Is there a reason you're ignoring ? Can you summarize the case on Green Crayons which does not involve associations with me?
For 553, we're getting into complex topics, but I'd say "not trying hard enough to find scum" is a reflection of what fraction of posts are aimed at puzzle solving vs argument, how emotionally invested in identifying scum and getting them lynched you seem to be, and some related things. It's a holistic tell and there's a spectrum for it, it depends on morale and game context (like me distracting you from your own scumhunting by pressuring you) too. So it's not an easy one to explain. But to me, I see you on the scum side of that spectrum.

As for Independent Crayonscum...
Well actually I see more things there that I like than that I don't like. Between that and Reck's thingy I guess my fantasies of the spectator topic going OMG Marble solved it on page 22 are in trouble.
In post 308, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 278, Llamarble wrote:Honestly you have a certain similarity of way of thinking to mine. And 275 is pure early-mid d1 scum me.
Just so we can run this down, do you intend to explain this?
I always appreciate a little "I am town, therefore I HAVE THE POWER"
In post 272, Green Crayons wrote: Its not whether I see a tonal shift. Im trying to figure out if you’re genuine or buddying.

So far you’ve given me one post.
This does look like the good kind of curiosity.

I don't think it's too powerfully convincing but I don't like GC as an alternative to Auro the way I thought I did.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Auro »

So your overall dislike of Crayons is also a result of an association read to me, and that's the deal with the entirety of your solve as well.

Makes your homework on looking at my general metagame pretty important, no?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 560, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I also suspect UT. I don't like his "i dont know how to read this game" post or any of his other contributions.
In post 565, Auro wrote:
In post 560, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I also suspect UT. I don't like his "i dont know how to read this game" post or any of his other contributions.
I lightly townread UT.
;)
these posts are equally bullshit but I like ABR and Auro for town so shrug city population me.
In post 532, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 516, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'm having a hard time finding anything to focus on in this game. Can someone offer me some direction in terms of post to read that are especially scummy (inb4 this post). I want to contribute but every time I start reading my eyes cross and I lose consciousness. I just don't even really know where to start
I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the starbuck/blair dispute, and then separately your thoughts about VP Baltar votes (both the voters and the votee).

(This is the homework I've given myself, but I haven't done it yet.)
It's a mixed bag. The frustration from their posts responding to Starbuck calling the IMOAFOIUFDOIJDLKJFD vote a "policy" vote when it plainly wasn't mirrored my own. On the other hand Blair made an awkward joke about "misspelling ianoun" like three times in a row, which feels scummy to me since I think scum is more likely to try to force a bad joke to endear themselves to other players rather than just asking for wagon support. Also, I don't think that the idea of "this is internally inconsistent" is really that good of a scum tell and feels more to me like something trying to justify a vote via a technicality rather than scumreading. "I must vote this person because they are illogical" rather than "I must vote this person because they are scum" feels like a scum move to me. additionally, Blair jumping on Starbuck for misrepresenting Blair's vote on ianaun and then turning that into a full fledged serious vote and push feels a lot less like scumhunting and more like trying to attack a person because they were annoying.

typing that out, I guess that means I find Blair scummy for this exchange on balance. huh.

Regarding VP, I think his post history is really wallflower-y. A little commenting, a little asking directionless questions, and a whole lot of not really taking a stance on anything. I like this slot for scum.

other thoughts: Llamarble I have vague memories of playing with him and his strategy of trying to arrange all of the pieces on the board and move them around in totality to explain the gamestate to himself is really weird to read and there's a lot of nonsense in there but I like the transparency and commitment to putting all his thoughts on the table so I think town.

got strong town vibes off of AGar's last two posts about and in response to Auro. I feel like a scum player would have tried to string something together in that situation.

I find Morning Tweet and Hoopla to be entirely opaque for inarticulable reasons. Anyone have some advice on figuring those slots out?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 580, Untrod Tripod wrote:Regarding VP, I think his post history is really wallflower-y. A little commenting, a little asking directionless questions, and a whole lot of not really taking a stance on anything. I like this slot for scum.
interesting. bring your vote aboard.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

so I think
vote VP Baltar
for now because between him and Blair, I have a no mixed feelings about that scumread whereas I do about Blair
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Llamarble »

Well Reck doesn't have any particular association, it's more "I need another scum and it's probably one of the hard to read good players and if Reck is town why haven't we won yet"
Maybe that role is Hoopla's after all, I did get Very Effectively buddied by her in ancient days... She really is very very dangerous as scum.
If Hoopla and Reck are both scum I think it's up to PRs to save us.
I'll go do that reading now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:53 am

In post 582, Untrod Tripod wrote:so I think
vote VP Baltar
for now because between him and Blair, I have a no mixed feelings about that scumread whereas I do about Blair
Good vote
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:54 am

In post 583, Llamarble wrote:If Hoopla and Reck are both scum I think it's up to PRs to save us.
:lol:

You have no idea who you are in the presence of
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I think my biggest hurdle in reading Llamarble is that he makes statements like "Reck is better at tricking UT than vice versa" with complete and total confidence so it makes me wonder about the accuracy of all his assumptions that I'm less informed about

I call it "the Reddit conundrum"
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:16 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 546, Morning Tweet wrote:It's similar to the Starbuck v. Blair misunderstanding where AGar/Llama moved in to point out how Starbuck misinterpreted Blair's vote on username. It's being fair, and I could see why scum might not want to stop the chaos, but also
somebody
was going to have to explain it eventually, so why not them? It looks good and the wagon wasnt going anywhere anyway
it didn't feel like a foregone conclusion to me that someone was going to explain that - i know i, for one, was taking "Starbuck didn't read properly" as a perfectly reasonable explanation until AGar pointed out that the timing of Blair's conversation with Porkens made look like a direct response to Starbuck.

but i guess regardless of his alignment, AGar is probably being truthful when he says he read it the same way as Starbuck, so maybe
he
would have felt it was a foregone conclusion? but then he'd also have to have correctly predicted he would be townread for stating something that was a foregone conclusion from his PoV?

not feeling it.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:26 am

Post by AGar »

Can someone give me a breakdown of why we're seeing a VPB wagon take off with so little resistance? Because I'm not seeing anything to sway in a particular direction.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Llamarble »

I have a lot of respect for Reck as a scumhunter and as a scum, so my default guess is Reck catches UT, UT might miss Reck.
But if it becomes important, I'm not going to ride that assumption too far.

I looked at
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=82824
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82453
viewtopic.php?f=150&t=81775
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=78999
I didn't find any particularly earth shattering revelations there.
Scum Auro did seem to primarily attack arguments and wrote posts I could see from scum-me, like here.
Town Auro did show a bit more cheerful "let's solve this game together"
But I didn't see enough that I feel similarity to play in other games is more important than the more fundamental this-game-only impressions.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:43 am

In post 588, AGar wrote:Can someone give me a breakdown of why we're seeing a VPB wagon take off with so little resistance? Because I'm not seeing anything to sway in a particular direction.
iamuser and GC wagons are bad

VP baltar needs votes
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 588, AGar wrote:Can someone give me a breakdown of why we're seeing a VPB wagon take off with so little resistance? Because I'm not seeing anything to sway in a particular direction.
VP hasn't done anything particularly town and is the main alternative to Auro at the moment. Lots of players are looking reasonably town by now, so it's not an awful wagon.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 199, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 197, Morning Tweet wrote:Is there something that seems insincere about it?
There were like 6 posts on it. Seems very try-hard for a mediocre joke.

We were still in RVS, but I can't imagine being THAT committed to that bit.
"I can't imagine you would think / behave this way" is certainly a way scum go after people.
In post 251, VP Baltar wrote:UNVOTE: MT
VOTE: iamausername

I just spent a game as scum fighting against Blair's instincts to save my team. No one in that game would really follow her and she screamed into the void for many pages. She ended up copping two of them.

Blatant sheep here. Come at me if you don't like it.
And super-respecting other players (form of buddying) makes sense from scum too.
In post 406, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 404, Auro wrote:
In post 402, VP Baltar wrote:huh? explain.
I gut-townread Green Crayons from his posts.
You're gonna have to do better than that.
But I like this and I think his incredulity about my behavior are fine. I think Auro is a better bet than VPB.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 580, Untrod Tripod wrote:Regarding VP, I think his post history is really wallflower-y. A little commenting, a little asking directionless questions, and a whole lot of not really taking a stance on anything. I like this slot for scum.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:59 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 580, Untrod Tripod wrote: these posts are equally bullshit but I like ABR and Auro for town so shrug city population me.

...otherstuff...

typing that out, I guess that means I find Blair scummy for this exchange on balance. huh.
I like both of these lines.
Going to step away for a while, need to revisit with a fresh mind later.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:01 am

Post by AGar »

In post 591, Llamarble wrote:
VP hasn't done anything particularly town and is the main alternative to Auro at the moment. Lots of players are looking reasonably town by now, so it's not an awful wagon.
In post 592, Llamarble wrote:
In post 199, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 197, Morning Tweet wrote:Is there something that seems insincere about it?
There were like 6 posts on it. Seems very try-hard for a mediocre joke.

We were still in RVS, but I can't imagine being THAT committed to that bit.
"I can't imagine you would think / behave this way" is certainly a way scum go after people.
In post 251, VP Baltar wrote:UNVOTE: MT
VOTE: iamausername

I just spent a game as scum fighting against Blair's instincts to save my team. No one in that game would really follow her and she screamed into the void for many pages. She ended up copping two of them.

Blatant sheep here. Come at me if you don't like it.
And super-respecting other players (form of buddying) makes sense from scum too.
In post 406, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 404, Auro wrote:
In post 402, VP Baltar wrote:huh? explain.
I gut-townread Green Crayons from his posts.
You're gonna have to do better than that.
But I like this and I think his incredulity about my behavior are fine. I think Auro is a better bet than VPB.
Fair. I'll re-read it and simmer, probably get back tomorrow. Definitely was up until like 3 AM last night and I'm feeling the effects.
In post 593, Untrod Tripod wrote:
Welp, definitely should have seen that and had it register.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:07 am

Post by farside22 »

Some of the votes on VP come from players I haven't seen say much in regards to this game and are sheeping along (like Iam and UT). I'm staying the hell away from it.
I will say within regards to UT if he continues the lurking I would vote for him. He only gets a free pass for day 1.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

how in the fuck am I sheeping
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:14 am

Post by AGar »

In post 596, farside22 wrote:Some of the votes on VP come from players I haven't seen say much in regards to this game and are sheeping along (like Iam and UT). I'm staying the hell away from it.
I will say within regards to UT if he continues the lurking I would vote for him. He only gets a free pass for day 1.
Hasn't it been like 12 hours since you basically echoed UT's sentiments about the gamestate?

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:19 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 597, Untrod Tripod wrote:how in the fuck am I sheeping
Yeah I forgot about your large post. Sorry.
I really do need to work on my individual reads.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”