Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 982, Bell wrote:Mile wide gaps and logic and missing the point, not understanding or failing to comprehend nuance is pretty much par for the course.
Misunderstandings ahoy.
Why did you vote MM initially?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 995, Nero Cain wrote:you said norway isn't being pushed that much. He's been one on the days main pushes besides you, Glitch and Superbowl.
so I guess yea, I am making the argument that norway was pushed today (b/c he was!) but I've never used it as a reason for why Glitch is scum. Also you called my Glitch reasoning weak before but you are using to call my reasoning weak. :?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 932, SJReaver wrote:
In post 916, Town looter wrote:
In post 882, SJReaver wrote:
In post 865, ralph217 wrote:so i cant just say fwensid is scum since omgus . but other wise i wouldn't be here so i think he is expreee to lynch me . why scummy gibberish fwesnid?
I find the most annoying or stupid person in the game is always on my side, so I'll assume you're townie.
You've been absent, I hope it's not because you have rolled scum and don't know what to post?

Why are you scum reading me?
I'm not.

Or, I wasn't until you quoted a random post, missed the part where I told the person I was voting for that I'd town read you, and decided I scum reading you. That does strike me as overly defensive.
Huh, I guess you weren't, interesting.

I quickly read the posts below as you SRing me by implication, but revisiting I can see how I got that wrong.

Spoiler:
In post 884, SJReaver wrote:
In post 819, Nero Cain wrote:
superbowl9 (5): stan1ey, 72offsuit, Marshmallow, Town looter, Fwesnid
One of these is not like the other. Town Looter, what are you doing on this wagon? Don't tell me it's because stanley, 72, or Mashmellow offered compelling arguments.
In post 899, SJReaver wrote:
In post 887, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:What’s wrong with the super wagon, SJ? I think the wagon composition is townish. Do you think Super Bowl is towny?
I do. And I think he's a solid townie as well. Not super but middle of the road when it comes to pushing the game. Which means I don't like that people are trying to eliminate him over weaker players.

What I'm asking myself is 'did scum start this wagon, or did scum see it rolling and hop on?'
In post 909, SJReaver wrote:VOTE: 72ofsuit

72, is Looter your scum buddy? I was town reading him earlier and I'd like your insight.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:39 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 974, SJReaver wrote:
In post 965, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:
In post 882, SJReaver wrote: I find the most annoying or stupid person in the game is always on my side, so I'll assume you're townie.
The wo
r
d dow
e
l was used in Middle English; it appears in Wycliffe's Bible translation (circa 1382-1395) in a list of the parts of a wheel: "...and the spokis, and dowlis of tho wheelis..." Cognates with other Germanic languages suggest that the word is much older (deu
ve
l in Dutch, Dübel in Ge
r
man).

Wooden dowels have been used
i
n manufacturing and woodworking for many centurie
s
. One of the e
a
rliest documented uses of
w
ood
e
n dowel
s
was in Japanese shrines in AD 690, which were c
o
nstructed using only wood, wooden dowels and pegs, and interlocking joints. Around AD 1000, Leif Erikson sailed across the North Atlantic in a ship that was largely constructed of overlapping planks held together by wooden dowels and iron nails. The wooden dowels did not rust and thus were
m
ore r
e
liable than iron for long expeditions.
Found it. Ten out of ten breadcrumbing.
Ok, you won me over SJ, this post is a delight.

I still kinda maybe think you are scum, but the post is delightful.
signature
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:48 pm

Post by SJReaver »

That would be too subtle for me. The between my scum reading a person and calling for their beheading tends to be paper thin.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 971, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 961, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 826, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 815, Nero Cain wrote:Also I had kinda felt like Glitch's hesitation @ joining the MM wagon made MM somewhat likely to be town. What do you think about that?
Sorry but can you link me to this post? I don't remember this
In post 383, Glitch wrote:I wish I could have been here when your wagon was alive and strong so I could bolster it with my vote as well
it was also ??? b/c the wagon was a fairly strong 4 votes so IDK why he's acting like it was gone and dead. And even if it was dead (or thought it was dead) he could have tried to restart it

So he didn't vote MM b/c ????

FMPOV, a vote on a growing wagon just moves the game along and intentionally not moving the game foreward is scummy to me.
And how does that make me more likely to be town? If anything, according to your reasoning, it should make me more likely to be scum: if you're right in assuming scum!Glitch, he'd have either defended scum!me indirectly by steering the lynch away from me or deemed that pushing town!me would be a bad idea for reasons unknown. Now obviously, I'm not saying I'm scum, and I don't really see why Glitch would be, either, but I don't get your reasoning.
It's not 100% the same thing but here is scum Mastina voting her scumbuddy and intentionally not joining the sircakes wagon

Subject: Star Wars Rogue One [GAME OVER]
mastina wrote:Let me word it to you this way:
I go where I feel I am needed.

I am needed on Pine.
I am not needed on SirCakez.

If it turns out that I can't lynch Pine, and it turns out that I am needed on SirCakez, I will switch to him.
But otherwise, I'd prefer to go on Pine, if for nothing else to make the statement that, yes. Pine is scum.

It's not that hard a concept to grasp.
its runs mostly counter productive but scum aren't always going to vote on a wagon when they can get town to lynch them and avoid being VCA pegged.

I was also already town reading you previosly to that (that being Glitch not voting you) and that was certianly playing a factor in my thinking. I mean, maybe it wasn't a good reason to begin with idk but its how I felt.

So Glitch not joining your wagon was agenda-y and doesn't help to move the game forward. That's scum play.
In post 971, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:if you're right in assuming scum!Glitch, he'd have either defended scum!me indirectly by steering the lynch away from me or deemed that pushing town!me would be a bad idea for reasons unknown.
ok but he did do that by pushing me and norway, no? And the second part is unprovable.

I mean maybe you could argue that occams says that Glitch not voting MM is more likely to be a buddy play instead of a scum thats intentionally not voting town but "I wish I could have been here when your wagon was alive and strong so I could bolster it with my vote as well" is an appeal to popularity and the way I felt is that scum Glitch throwing some fire on the MM wagon meant MM was prob town.

So I'm not really sure if this is town confused @ how I got what I got and is just paranoid that I'm scum that knew he was town or he's doing that wierd thing that scum do when you town read them.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

I Keep Siteflaking
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:21 pm

Post by I Keep Siteflaking »

In post 999, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 963, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:
In post 881, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 878, Glitch wrote:When asked, "Where does Glitch advocate for lynching y'all," and Nero says, "Right here. Where he wants to wagon us."
Then yes. That's a misrep. I want to wagon. Wagon =/= lynch. It can lead to a lynch. Or it can lead to disbanding the wagon. Why is this controversial?
I mean this is just nitpicking at small semantic differences

The difference between wagoning and lynching isn’t even relevant given the nature of siteflaking’s question
Do you disagree

Or more topically do you think Nero was “misrepping” glitch
If I undestand it correctly, Nero scumreads glitch because he reads his wagoning as setting up mislynches.
The thing which "isn’t even relevant given the nature of my question" is the responce to my question.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 989, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:To make it short, my main reason for voting you is that your push on Glitch is bad and that you're clinging to it without being towny by doing other stuff (really, your latest and main activity has been pushing Glitch and more or less insulting Norwee over petty stuff).
but this is hot garbage and applies WAYYYYY more to Glitch than to me. I mean yes, I'm spending a fair amount of time talking about Glitch but it's unfair to say that just push Glitch. Meanwhile, Glitch is literally doing nothing but pushing me (and he talked about norway earlier)

If this was scum then I'm sorry for "derailing" the wagon and will no longer defend it if it pops up again.

Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:23 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 897, Hiraki wrote:
In post 857, Town looter wrote:Hiraki, keen to hear where you finally land on Glitch once you have fully caught up. BoP coming your way buddy.
What is a BoP? I intend to vote him for reasons that have nothing to do with what is currently being said. Don't know if need to elaborate on them.
Burden of proficiency. Your approach has a degree of confidence/arrogance to it, so it's only fair you lead us poorly misinformed townies to victory with your perfectly on point reads.
signature
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:33 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

I thought that it was over.....
I thought you'd understand.....

That Superbowl;s wagon.....
Is the one to get on, band.....
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:44 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 955, SJReaver wrote:
In post 949, Hiraki wrote:
In post 947, Bell wrote:Well, try again.
I don't (feel well about JV's alignment) but I definitely do not (fell well about Bell's alignment)

Happy?
Bell is my strongest town read right now. In our previous game we were masons together and he acted just like this.
Cool?
In post 967, SJReaver wrote:I keep on reading this post. I hope there's no code or anything in it because if there is, I don't get it.
Why say this?
In post 977, Bell wrote:Reaver is awesome.
Cool post.
What??
In post 987, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 908, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Okay. I lied about staying on Norway. We need a new wagon.

Unvote
So when you say "lie", are you suggesting that you didn’t actually plan to vote me all day, or that you didn’t actually scumread me and did it for reaction test, or that you initially scumread me but changed your mind over time.
Do you not SR me or did you want to push someone else?
I got this one. He's bored.
In post 1008, Town looter wrote:
In post 897, Hiraki wrote:
In post 857, Town looter wrote:Hiraki, keen to hear where you finally land on Glitch once you have fully caught up. BoP coming your way buddy.
What is a BoP? I intend to vote him for reasons that have nothing to do with what is currently being said. Don't know if need to elaborate on them.
Burden of proficiency. Your approach has a degree of confidence/arrogance to it, so it's only fair you lead us poorly misinformed townies to victory with your perfectly on point reads.
Unfortunately, it seems arrogance has been on the higher end of the spectrum as of late. Let's hope the accuracy has returned though.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:45 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1010, Hiraki wrote:What??
This is stupid - ignore it.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:27 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 896, SJReaver wrote:The wagon against you is bad but it's in the lead. Why do you think that is?
I think maybe a few scum and poorly playing town
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:29 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Cain I think you are targeting the wrong people in Glitch and MM, arguing with them isn't producing helpful content. Glitch will be a miselim that provides 0 info. Come back to stanley with me! That seems like a much better flip for everyone
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:31 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 985, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:This looks genuine to me, probably because I tend to make wallposts/a lot of small posts when I catch up too. Good feeling on Hiraki for now.
This is the worst townread of all time
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:35 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Actually this seems more interesting/likely to go to elim for me

VOTE: lapsa
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:53 am

Post by Titus »

In post 896, SJReaver wrote:
In post 893, superbowl9 wrote:Okay done being a dick sorry

Reaver your avatar is very calming
That's why I picked it. Also, why I post random gifs.

The wagon against you is bad but it's in the lead. Why do you think that is?

This is not a fair question.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Titus »

In post 924, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 870, Titus wrote:
In post 869, Bell wrote:Even if there's flips? That's hardcore.
Especially when there's flips. I avoid groupthink that way. If town is lynching scum, best not to interfere. If town is not lynching scum, a new theory might help.

I do look at VCs though and if there's relevant claims people know to tell me.

I'm a bit of a character though.
Doesnt it make it hard to catch onto what's happening?
Nope. I use the VC for that.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:02 am

Post by Titus »

Glitch v Superbowl, let's see what happens.

VOTE: Glitch
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I am/was town reading MM but now I just don't care what his alignment is.

Glitch is who I think is scum.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Glitch (6): Nero Cain, NorwegianBoyEE, Bell, Cat Scratch Fever, Hiraki, Titus
superbowl9 (4): stan1ey, 72offsuit,Town looter, Fwesnid
Lapsa (4): ralph217, I Keep Siteflaking, NoPowerOverMe, superbowl9
Nero Cain (2): Glitch, Marshmallow
NorwegianBoyEE (1):JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo (1): Pickaxe Pete
72offsuit (1): SJReaver

Not Voting: Almost50, Lapsa

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Liking the Glitch wagon because most of the people there i TR/feel good about.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

I came in today with the intent to read. However, I manage d to talk myself out of it. I am willing to sheep someone provided I know them well. OBVIOUSLY the wagon on Glitch is the one with ALL the people I "know well".

VOTE: Glitch

That was easy.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

Nero AND Titus on the same wagon? Glitch must be obv!scum (or Nero and Titus are scum together)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:03 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I'd be ok with either a glitch or Lapsa elim based on the wagons. They both look fairly towny.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”