Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3325 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 3277, Hiraki wrote:
In post 3232, Hiraki wrote:im surprised mafia isn't taking advantage of this more than anything

Unvote, Vote: NPOM
@mod

do i need to go hard for NPOM today? i will FYI
Is that Hiraki jokingly asking the mod to tell him if he should vote NPOM or not, or am I misunderstanding the post? It's strange lol
In post 3280, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3215, stan1ey wrote:
In post 2963, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:I'm a vigilante, and shot Pickaxe Pete last night for rather obvious reasons.
this plus the two crumbs he has alluded to probably clears MM as town unless someone else claims to have shot pete
What two crumbs? Point them out to me, if you please.
I failed to find the second crumb (or maybe just thought about leaving it but never actually did...), but I definetly left one and pointed it out, just get in my ISO, it's right next to my vigi claim.

However, something more interesting here is that Stanley is talking about the TWO crumbs I alluded to.... but obviously hasn't seen two crumbs since I only found one myself, so this could be ungenuine? +small scumpoints to Stanley
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3326 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:21 am

In post 3323, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 3322, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:I don't know what a PSA is, but I do know that what Titus did was IIoA. Instead of trying to advance things by reasoning, she just said "this isn't Normal" and put her vote on me. Call it "fake useful activity" if "IIoA" bothers you here, but I think it fits the definition of IIoA: saying mechanical stuff without giving any conclusions or reads based on them, and just sitting on the current top wagon that happens to be very lucrative for scum.
PSA = public service announcement. This is the definition of NOT IIoA. If someone asks a mechanical question it's just pro-town to answer that question correctly. She voted you for obviously the same reason everyone else voted you, there was no reason for anyone to explain their vote after the fwes thing happened. She didn't use these answers to justify anything she was doing, and providing these answers is actually marginally useful activity in that scenario
Eh, it looked more like she wanted to look like she was doing something. I would say you're right if she had said anything else with her "not normal" statements, but she didn't, iirc. I also agree with (someone? I think A50 but not sure)'s take on the babysitter claim being weird/somewhat scummy.
Norweegian:
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3327 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:40 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

VOTE: DDL
How about you participate now.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3328 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:41 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

We’re in day 2 on page 134 and he has no reads.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3329 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:59 am

In post 3282, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 3281, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3224, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Jackson. Can you talk normal.
He's an AUSSIE. Since when do people "speak normal" in the land down under?
˙ǝɯ llǝʇ no⅄
Rofl
Spoiler:
In post 3288, Town looter wrote:
In post 3259, Marshmallow Marshall wrote: Hmm, it's true that townies are likely to be on my wagon too, but I'm saying that scum, who know both me and Fwesnid are town PRs, would love to see both of us die while keeping their hands clean, hence why I think they're even more likely to get on my wagon.

As for analyzing how people got off the wagon and how they acted, I already did that with Bell and Jackson, and found that both of them were towny here. I also still don't like how Titus has hopped on my wagon, talked about what was Normal and what wasn't, and then got off the wagon. That's scummy IIoA + what I would expect from scum who see that the wagon is losing its traction.
In post 3260, stan1ey wrote:
In post 3235, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 3107, Glitch wrote:I think that's such a stretch. If we're wrong MM can just take out scum!Fwesnid on his way down and now it will also tell us a bit about the alignment of Flake and A50.
VOTE: Glitch

With the light of the feedback, this post looks pretty bad. From a town PoV, it'd be a poorly detailed position (and it's not that Glitch can't detail his position, he proved it during the Nero - Glitch fight). From a scum PoV, it'd be an easy lineup of two PR deaths that doesn't make him look bad and that gives him a justification to vote me and to support the vengekill on Fwesnid.
see here its more than just glitch being on the wagon. if we assume Glitch is scum for a second, he is using his knowledge that both Fwes and MM were likely both telling the truth to set up both of their deaths in one go, and reads as if he is persuading people to get it over with to achieve that. (tbf tho its likely MM would have shot Fwes anyway if he had died, so its not needed to tell MM to do it anyway but still)

VOTE: glitch thats 8/10 votes, still not convinced glitch is scum but when MM pointed the above out it made me think its quite likely tbf. plus idk where else to vote and id like to get to the bottom the mysterious soft claim too
I don't these lines of reasoning stack up. I nearly hammered MM yesterday - from a town POV it was fairly clear cut what to do, it looked very much like we had caught scum and I was eager for some hammer action. However, I hadn't even considered the possibility of a mod error. So glad I delayed myself waiting for reads from MM...

Scum on the other hand would have known something funny was up. They would know MM and Fwesnid's alignments, and even in a Scum!Fwesnid scenario would know something was amiss (as they would have full knowledge of his role, including modifiers).

This makes me think Glitch, and other hard pushers during the situation, are likely to be town - a push only makes sense from a position of ignorance. The informed would be very wary of doing anything, because they would know there had been an error, and that it was likely to be fixed at some point. The only real scum opportunity here would be to quick hammer when MM was at L-1, but they would only do this if Fwesnid was town (and they had been around to do so).

I am going to go back at some point and see who did what, but right now I am thinking Glitch town, and Stanley scum as a consequential read (i.e. pushing Glitch). I am going back and forth on Fwesnid, do you guys think scum would've quick hammered at L-1 in a town!Fwesnid scenario? MM not definitely wanting to shoot Fwesnid at the time confuses this, and makes me think they might not, even in a town!Fwesnid scenario.

Obviously some elements of WIFOM, but I am not inclined to not think too much into it as the source of uncertainty if outside of players control in this situation, so I think gaming less likely.

I think it's the other way around: scum would want the lynch to happen as soon as possible BEFORE town figures out that there was something wrong.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3330 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:01 am

In post 3290, shellyc wrote:
In post 3270, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 3254, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:What are your reads?
i dont have any

sorry to disappoint
wtf you have NO READS?
VOTE: DrDolittle

DrDolittle's ISO looks terrible, really terrible. I need to see more from you and this is a pressure vote
I guess he's living up to his name, right? But more seriously, I support this and actually VOTE: DrDoLittle moar pressure = moar good. Still would like to see more from Glitch, but.... I guess that's not trending atm? Expecting to see it at the very least on D3, though.
Norweegian:
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3331 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Hot takes, get your hot takes right here.
Fresh out of the oven.
It’s the trendy vote that all the COOL people are doing.

- Bunno
I Keep Siteflaking
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3332 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:14 am

Post by I Keep Siteflaking »

VOTE: DDL
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3333 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:53 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

VOTE: ddl
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3334 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:05 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3305, NorwegianboyEE wrote:A50, why did you create so much confusion with faking to be the target of a gunsmith?
READ THE BLOODY THREAD

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3335 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:06 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3307, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 3306, shellyc wrote:And Siteflaking semi-cleared them
What?
I'll say it again: READ THE BLOODY THREAD

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3336 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:17 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

But you’re here to simplify it for me. :>

- Bunno
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3337 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

I no longer am opposed to a wagon pn DDL (Lapsa's slot). The reason I was hard TRing Lapsa was this post:
In post 648, Lapsa wrote:It has to be 2 vigilante setup. I see no other way around it.
In my mind I thought that was a Gated-Vig crumb (ODD/EVEN). Since MM is now likely a FULL Vig I no longer have a reason to TR Lapsa.

Unless -of course- he did shoot Nero and Pickaxe was the Scum kill, which would make me look like an ass for outing him at this time.

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3338 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:48 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Idk how you manage to get so much wrong Marshall
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3339 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:49 am

Post by superbowl9 »

But also youre voting/working with me so i cant really complain
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3340 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 3329, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 3288, Town looter wrote:
In post 3259, Marshmallow Marshall wrote: Hmm, it's true that townies are likely to be on my wagon too, but I'm saying that scum, who know both me and Fwesnid are town PRs, would love to see both of us die while keeping their hands clean, hence why I think they're even more likely to get on my wagon.

As for analyzing how people got off the wagon and how they acted, I already did that with Bell and Jackson, and found that both of them were towny here. I also still don't like how Titus has hopped on my wagon, talked about what was Normal and what wasn't, and then got off the wagon. That's scummy IIoA + what I would expect from scum who see that the wagon is losing its traction.
In post 3260, stan1ey wrote:
In post 3235, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 3107, Glitch wrote:I think that's such a stretch. If we're wrong MM can just take out scum!Fwesnid on his way down and now it will also tell us a bit about the alignment of Flake and A50.
VOTE: Glitch

With the light of the feedback, this post looks pretty bad. From a town PoV, it'd be a poorly detailed position (and it's not that Glitch can't detail his position, he proved it during the Nero - Glitch fight). From a scum PoV, it'd be an easy lineup of two PR deaths that doesn't make him look bad and that gives him a justification to vote me and to support the vengekill on Fwesnid.
see here its more than just glitch being on the wagon. if we assume Glitch is scum for a second, he is using his knowledge that both Fwes and MM were likely both telling the truth to set up both of their deaths in one go, and reads as if he is persuading people to get it over with to achieve that. (tbf tho its likely MM would have shot Fwes anyway if he had died, so its not needed to tell MM to do it anyway but still)

VOTE: glitch thats 8/10 votes, still not convinced glitch is scum but when MM pointed the above out it made me think its quite likely tbf. plus idk where else to vote and id like to get to the bottom the mysterious soft claim too
I don't these lines of reasoning stack up. I nearly hammered MM yesterday - from a town POV it was fairly clear cut what to do, it looked very much like we had caught scum and I was eager for some hammer action. However, I hadn't even considered the possibility of a mod error. So glad I delayed myself waiting for reads from MM...

Scum on the other hand would have known something funny was up. They would know MM and Fwesnid's alignments, and even in a Scum!Fwesnid scenario would know something was amiss (as they would have full knowledge of his role, including modifiers).

This makes me think Glitch, and other hard pushers during the situation, are likely to be town - a push only makes sense from a position of ignorance. The informed would be very wary of doing anything, because they would know there had been an error, and that it was likely to be fixed at some point. The only real scum opportunity here would be to quick hammer when MM was at L-1, but they would only do this if Fwesnid was town (and they had been around to do so).

I am going to go back at some point and see who did what, but right now I am thinking Glitch town, and Stanley scum as a consequential read (i.e. pushing Glitch). I am going back and forth on Fwesnid, do you guys think scum would've quick hammered at L-1 in a town!Fwesnid scenario? MM not definitely wanting to shoot Fwesnid at the time confuses this, and makes me think they might not, even in a town!Fwesnid scenario.

Obviously some elements of WIFOM, but I am not inclined to not think too much into it as the source of uncertainty if outside of players control in this situation, so I think gaming less likely.

I think it's the other way around: scum would want the lynch to happen as soon as possible BEFORE town figures out that there was something wrong.
Which was why I mentioned the quick hammer thing. There was a sort of semi-hammer test, because anyone who quick hammered could have absolutely talked their way out of being confirmed scum due to the circumstances (shit, I nearly hammered at the time I asked for final reads from you).

There are reasons why scum wouldn't hammer in this situation though( so it's not a perfect test, but it is useful):
  • None were around that weren't already on the wagon
  • Fwesnid is scum and there was a high chance of you shooting Fwesnid
  • They were worried since you didn't sound too convinced about shooting Fwesnid, that they make take a bullet from a quick hammer (as had happened with Pete)
Fwesnid could still be either alignment, even once their role is confirmed. I can't see a world where we need to lynch you.

One theory I am toying with though is Scum!Bell. Scum would have absolutely known something had gone wrong with the night actions, so I think Bell pushing super hard at the mod and saving the day so to speak is an attempt at getting effectively confirmed as town - he's already set to go deep with broad TRs, so it makes sense the scum team try to get him confirmed as town.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3341 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 3324, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 3257, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 3252, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 3250, superbowl9 wrote:I think dolittle deserves to go today over stan actually assuming glitch is legit, I think stan will provide more AI stuff as it goes on and certain stuff is making me question my SR
i told you im not planning to effort at this stage of the game for a variety of reasons
Stuff like this :) I say 1 passive sentence about how I scumread you and you appear from the ether to throw an excuse at me. Didn't help your case with this one
VOTE: DoLittle
You are probably my strongest town read right now so I am going to follow your lead.

VOTE: DrDoLittle

L-2 I think
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3342 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Town looter »

Yep, L-2
signature
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3343 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:05 am

Post by stan1ey »

In post 2963, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:I have 2 breadcrumbs btw, let me quote them.
?
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3344 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Glitch »

Hold up how does MM NKing someone help us figure out if MM is vig or scum??
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3345 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 3344, Glitch wrote:Hold up how does MM NKing someone help us figure out if MM is vig or scum??
If there are 2 kills instead of one.
But there are also potentially mafia roleblockers that can mess it up.
The brilliant thing though is that unless mafia has a doctir then the real vig will just shoot a fake claiming scum!MM.

- Bunno
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3346 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3344, Glitch wrote:Hold up how does MM NKing someone help us figure out if MM is vig or scum??
2 KpN = Town Vig, because we only have one scum team and there is no Scum Vig.

Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3347 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Town looter »

In post 3345, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
If there are 2 kills instead of one.
But there are also potentially mafia roleblockers that can mess it up.
The brilliant thing though is that unless mafia has a doctir then the real vig will just shoot a fake claiming scum!MM.
It's possible scum have a doctor since we have a lot of PRs, including a vig and maybe a gunsmith (Fwesnid). Gunsmith false negatives would help offset the PRs from a balance point of view.
signature
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3348 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:13 am

Post by stan1ey »

surely he is confirmed unless someone else claims the 2nd nk, no?
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3349 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:15 am

Post by stan1ey »

In post 3345, NorwegianboyEE wrote:unless mafia has a doctir then the real vig will just shoot a fake claiming scum!MM.
or until this happens

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”