Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

Ok i'm kinda done, and am not planning on putting any more effort onto this; I'm making a conscious effort to ignore this via unbookmarking this thread

This has been a remarkably frustrating and unenjoyable experience, requires way too much time, is way too emotionally draining, and has been spilling over into irl, and i'm not in a place where i can take these emotional hits irl for something that i'm not enjoying.

I had a two month hiatus and i've enjoyed exactly none of the 5 games that i've played since i've come back, so i think i should probably do that again

These are my key takeways for this game, and who knows, maybe y'all will listen posthumously:

1. I retract what i said abt gamma, he's town
2. Fire is scum and i think he's slyly been trying to facilitate/encourage the shitty gamestate
3. Honestly i dont know about fl anymore, and cant read him at this time, he might be scum. Either way stop listening to him
4. Peta town, superbowl town, deacon town, and i'm very very confident on the former two
5. Lld is probably scum, she feels really fake
6. Other reads are as previously stated in my claiming post
7. Just send the obviously softing prs over, there's like several of them
8. A50 is in the other side's pool for bad reasons
9. Hp is still probably scum and i really, really dont appreciate that you made a conscious effort to fuck with me, whoever you are
10. Bell probably town, brian probably town, spifffeh probably town, unwnd is town, titus probably town
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:07 am

Post by pisskop »

boop
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:03 am

Post by SirCakez »

unwnd has requested replacement
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3575, skitter30 wrote:Fire is scum and i think he's slyly been trying to facilitate/encourage the shitty gamestate
Two points:
1) I don’t think the game stage is in a shitty position but I get ur not happy with the game state
2) I think I’ve been extremely cordial with everyone including you so not sure how you think I’m slysly encouraging a game state

I hope u come back and enjoy the game, I don’t want u to not enjoy the game. But even this post I don’t think ur town, sorry skitter
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:14 am

Post by SirCakez »

Elimination Votecount 7.02

skitter30 (3) - GFITAC, Deacon Blues, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Something_Smart, upside down sinkhole, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, Petapan, Pisskop

Firebringer (3) - GFITAC, Deacon Blues, Flavor Leaf, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Something_Smart, upside down sinkhole, LadyLambdadelta, Petapan, Pisskop

upside down sinkhole (2) - superbowl9, GFITAC, Deacon Blues, Flavor Leaf, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Something_Smart, Firebringer, skitter30, Petapan, Pisskop

superbowl9 (2) - superbowl9, Deacon Blues, Flavor Leaf, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Something_Smart, upside down sinkhole, skitter30, Firebringer, Petapan, Pisskop

GFITAC (2) - GFITAC, Deacon Blues, Flavor Lead, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Something_Smart, Firebringer, upside down sinkhole, LadyLambdadelta, Petapan, Pisskop

Deacon Blues (1) - superbowl9, GFITAC, Deacon Blues, Flavor Leaf, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Something_Smart, Firebringer, upside down sinkhole, skitter30, Petapan, Pisskop

Something_Smart (1) - superbowl9, GFITAC, Deacon Blues, Flavor Leaf, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Something_Smart, Firebringer, upside down sinkhole, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, Pisskop

Flavor Leaf (1) - superbowl9, GFITAC, Deacon Blues, Flavor Leaf, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Something_Smart, Firebringer, upside down sinkhole, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, Pisskop

LadyLambdadelta (1) - GFITAC, Deacon Blues, Flavor Leaf, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Something_Smart, Firebringer, upside down sinkhole, LadyLambdadelta, Petapan, superbowl9, Pisskop

Petapan (0) - superbowl9, GFITAC, Deacon Blues, Flavor Leaf, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Something_Smart, Firebringer, upside down sinkhole, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, Petapan, Pisskop

Dandelion Wine (0) - superbowl9, GFITAC, Deacon Blues, Flavor Leaf, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Something_Smart, Firebringer, upside down sinkhole, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, Petapan, Pisskop

midwaybear (0) - superbowl9, GFITAC, Deacon Blues, Flavor Leaf, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Something_Smart, Firebringer, upside down sinkhole, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, Petapan, Pisskop

Pisskop (0) - superbowl9, GFITAC, Deacon Blues, Flavor Leaf, Dandelion Wine, midwaybear, Something_Smart, Firebringer, upside down sinkhole, LadyLambdadelta, skitter30, Petapan, Pisskop

(expired on 2020-12-27 19:39:00) remain until day end

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to reach a majority.

skitter30 has perpetual V/LA on Fridays and Saturdays
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3393, Firebringer wrote:skitter is LLD town?
I'm p sure this is you trying to spark a me/lld thing, that's what i meant. And yes i am deeply unhappy with the current gamestate, but you have been cordial, yes, ty
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Firebringer »

I asked that because LLD was on my mind and I didn’t know ur positions on her were
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Firebringer »

And like overall i think this game is extremely different from a town skitter mindset mostly because your behavior is way outside your usual methodology of solving.

You are playing this game alot like a lone wolf RC type who tells people what the correct reads are, give your reasons and then your done.
The collaboration with people to figure out what is going on in the minds of others is very much absent. Working together with people is just not there. I saw at one point you said it was frustrating because you think you are right and no one is listening (i might be horrible paraphrasing that) but when i looked at the things u said i was wondering "why r u really certain of these things. These seem more instinctive/gut reads with a minor bit of reasoning sprinkled in".

the game mechanic situation thing is weird, i think u saying u dont care about it while simultaneously deciding to play coy with why you want to move over is weird. Like i truly dont care about game mechanics and u dont see me playing any coy games with claiming i am pr. I guess in grand scheme u might not care but on the immediate level it tells me u do and i really dont think that is true on you as a player. Maybe u meant player reads vs mechanic reads if i am being very charitable and then that makes sense.
Show

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:12 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3222, Dandelion Wine wrote:Well one of them that I can't talk about is that watcher and innocent child being able to be in the same timeline on day one is not something I think makes it past the reviewers of this game.

The other one is something I'm not going to reveal now but makes it even weirder and I'm certainly hoping that Deacon sees it too
i could see ways it could be done but i know fuckall about setup spec so i'll defer to you there. i'm absolutely bringing this back on your head if it's wrong though. no "i did an oopsie" excuses.
In post 3442, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:It's a tactic called "Never play defense" and I know you're a lawyer but i wish you'd stop literally playing like one.

you have yourself convinced of a truth, so now you're putting together a case to make it work, not the other way around is waht it feels
hum, sounds like titus

VOTE: something_smart

do think he leans town on net but don't regret putting the spotlight on him for a minute to get something.
In post 3575, skitter30 wrote:Ok i'm kinda done, and am not planning on putting any more effort onto this; I'm making a conscious effort to ignore this via unbookmarking this thread

This has been a remarkably frustrating and unenjoyable experience, requires way too much time, is way too emotionally draining, and has been spilling over into irl, and i'm not in a place where i can take these emotional hits irl for something that i'm not enjoying.

I had a two month hiatus and i've enjoyed exactly none of the 5 games that i've played since i've come back, so i think i should probably do that again
sorry for that and sorry for coaxing you into this. didn't think it'd go this way but i should've known better (also sorry about that other game, but that's complicated and i don't want to get into it). i've been there. usually takes a lot longer to stop hating the game than 2 months. but i hope you find your way back eventually.

i'm still not really understanding the reason for your scumread on firebringer.

1/10
free crypto
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

fferyhead has a roof leak crisis. probably won't post much until tonight.

~street
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3582, Firebringer wrote:And like overall i think this game is extremely different from a town skitter mindset mostly because your behavior is way outside your usual methodology of solving.

You are playing this game alot like a lone wolf RC type who tells people what the correct reads are, give your reasons and then your done.
The collaboration with people to figure out what is going on in the minds of others is very much absent. Working together with people is just not there. I saw at one point you said it was frustrating because you think you are right and no one is listening (i might be horrible paraphrasing that) but when i looked at the things u said i was wondering "why r u really certain of these things. These seem more instinctive/gut reads with a minor bit of reasoning sprinkled in".

the game mechanic situation thing is weird, i think u saying u dont care about it while simultaneously deciding to play coy with why you want to move over is weird. Like i truly dont care about game mechanics and u dont see me playing any coy games with claiming i am pr. I guess in grand scheme u might not care but on the immediate level it tells me u do and i really dont think that is true on you as a player. Maybe u meant player reads vs mechanic reads if i am being very charitable and then that makes sense.
A few different things:
- when a game goes this fast i can't do the 'explain a lot of reads in depth and show exactly where they're coming from' thing that you're thinking of as being my usual playstyle. Instead i just injest a lot of posts at once, get vibes, and those are my reads. I dont know exactly where they're coming from so much as i know: past 10 pages i read a lot of things that cummulatively point to X but i dont consciously know what exactly is driving it. I can go back and look and try to figure it out exactly what's prompting it on but on an ad hoc basis off the top of my head i just dont know and cant tell you and have to go find out what prompted it; this is what drove the peta thing from early game. You're right, this is a lot more gut and instinctive than you're used to, i dont think i was playing games like this as much in the past. I can try to be better abt explaining what i'm thinking, but i just dont have the bandwidth to do that for everything in a game going this fast, but like i'm happy to try to elaborate when asked. but by nature it means going back and trying to log the pings and figure out what prompted it, and it takes time and doing it later doesnt always add up exactly to what i was thinking in real time, but i try my best
(Again, this thought process has been documented elsewhere)
- i am trying to collaborate but i'm doing a bad job apparently :(
- let me clarify the pr thing: i'm saying that, based on recent experience, i have lost 3 of the 5 games previously mentioned because people have put too much stock on clearing people i was scumreading for vague mechanical reasons. I'm not like completely throwing out mechanics (i.e. it's still shaping my play and driving my desire to get over there) but i need a lot more than 'gamma claimed bg so why are you scumreading him since he can be on you tonight'. I'm at the point where he's probably town but at the time i was scumreading him, and what i was trying to say is that i didnt feel the fact he claimed bg and could protect me should prompt how i'm reading him, again cuz i got burned that way on 3 separate occasions recently
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:13 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3583, petapan wrote:sorry for that and sorry for coaxing you into this. didn't think it'd go this way but i should've known better (also sorry about that other game, but that's complicated and i don't want to get into it). i've been there. usually takes a lot longer to stop hating the game than 2 months. but i hope you find your way back eventually.

i'm still not really understanding the reason for your scumread on firebringer.
Its ok
So this is one of those reads that if you want more you'll have to wait till i can go back and figure out why i'm thinking what i am, but the two sentence summary/vibe is: i'm not sure this is a real read he has and i think he might be trying to spur on a lot of the fights that have been happening
However i did like the post from him above

Fferey, i hope your house is ok
Show
Hiatus once more.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Firebringer »

skitter my read on you has been the read ive most elaborated on in this game I think. If your challenging me on the realness of this read im kind of surprised you wouldn't challenge any other reads.

i also really don't understand this "firebringer instigating" stuff. I don't think i will. I know scum me likes to poke people to initiate 1v1s but i dont know where ur getting it from here besides me asking about ur read on LLD and even there i am going ??? i think its easy to see my mind was already lost on LLD and i was thinking "well what does skitter think". I guess ur mindset on that might make sense for u completely ignoring my question. Which at the time i thought was weird but maybe u just skipped my post.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Firebringer »

VOTE: skitter

im not as confident i was yesterday.
Show

Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 3583, petapan wrote:i could see ways it could be done but i know fuckall about setup spec so i'll defer to you there. i'm absolutely bringing this back on your head if it's wrong though. no "i did an oopsie" excuses.
I mean yeah that's fine. You should know that my voice to text typo'd there, it should read "Can" not "Can't"

There's an additional layer to this onion. I think only cobra kai, myself, and deacon see it so far. Maybe the big leafy boy.
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 2193, Titus wrote:@Wine, How confident are you in your soft CC? I would hate to see you and skitter be back to back miseliminations.
Like, it's not 100% rock solid but it's pretty strong? Call it an eight or so on the ten-chart.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:25 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3583, petapan wrote:i'm absolutely bringing this back on your head if it's wrong though. no "i did an oopsie" excuses.
Plz
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:30 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3587, Firebringer wrote:skitter my read on you has been the read ive most elaborated on in this game I think. If your challenging me on the realness of this read im kind of surprised you wouldn't challenge any other reads.

i also really don't understand this "firebringer instigating" stuff. I don't think i will. I know scum me likes to poke people to initiate 1v1s but i dont know where ur getting it from here besides me asking about ur read on LLD and even there i am going ??? i think its easy to see my mind was already lost on LLD and i was thinking "well what does skitter think". I guess ur mindset on that might make sense for u completely ignoring my question. Which at the time i thought was weird but maybe u just skipped my post.
Yeah that's why i skipped it cuz i felt like if i responded it would spur another thing that i didnt want to get into and i felt like asking that question right then was you trying to instigate given what else was going on just then
Hence why i revoted right after

I feel like you often has unsubstantiated reads tho, but you also keep popping in to reaffirm what other people are saying abt me. Like also that's why i was feeling you were jusg egging things on, and like you were just capitalizing on other people's reasoning and going: me too

I dont particilarly expect you (in particular) to elaborate on your reads
Show
Hiatus once more.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Firebringer »

Rude.
Show

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:36 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2200, Hench Princesses wrote:Skitter I really was just trying to rib you a little, I seriously was not trying to tilt you out. Like after our last game, you had earned some ribbing. I know from an alt it feels like it's coming from nowhere and I wouldn't have done it if I was paying enough attention to the other thread to see how stressed you were getting.

In terms of your reads I like 1-3 but you lose me with peta town. I'd say you moved a lot more toward town but it makes it harder to townread you when it seems like you're characterizing my jokes about you not townreading me often as like, something way more mean-spirited.
I mean you literally kept saying 'i'm fucking with you', 'i'm trolling' when i said multiple times i dont know who you are and dont have the context for what you're saying, so if what was meant to all be in good fun that was not at all apparent to me, especially since it seemed to me like you *were* aware of my posts given that you were responding to some of them and giving reads on me

And that's not what the read is based on, it was more an observation that i strongly disliked that you kept continuing to do that. From my pov it was not at all obvious that it was just jokes

Also i think peta's town, he's aware of and critiquing the way fl is shaping the gamestate and is pushing back, and he has no reason to take that position whatsoever as scum
Show
Hiatus once more.

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:39 am

Post by superbowl9 »

This is why I think our mentality has to change. We’ve broken two townies because we’ve simply said “this sis not your town meta now die scum”. People just want to play the game - when you meta scumread them its not fun because they can’t do anything, its a vicious cycle
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3595, superbowl9 wrote:This is why I think our mentality has to change. We’ve broken two townies because we’ve simply said “this sis not your town meta now die scum”. People just want to play the game - when you meta scumread them its not fun because they can’t do anything, its a vicious cycle
meta is not the problem. ur self serving bias on why people blow up is not founded upon any psychological understanding of people.
Show

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:41 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Maybe we can do UNVOTE: Flavor Leaf today?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:42 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 3596, Firebringer wrote:
In post 3595, superbowl9 wrote:This is why I think our mentality has to change. We’ve broken two townies because we’ve simply said “this sis not your town meta now die scum”. People just want to play the game - when you meta scumread them its not fun because they can’t do anything, its a vicious cycle
meta is not the problem. ur self serving bias on why people blow up is not founded upon any psychological understanding of people.
I mean I’m just stating why they said they were upset - they feel like they don’t have a chance to play because you meta SR them
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3598, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 3596, Firebringer wrote:
I mean I’m just stating why they said they were upset - they feel like they don’t have a chance to play because you meta SR them
If that is all you got out of that read. You didn't read very well.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”