Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #3750 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1650, notscience wrote:Presently we are killing Nacho.
In post 1651, Disaster Cartel wrote:euuuuugh

my heart doesnt WANT THAT

- ydra
Literally why (responding to Ydrasse)
In post 1652, Venus Fly Trap wrote:Are we basically just waiting for nacho's final thoughts at this point?

Pedit i mean .... why not

~ skitter
In post 1654, Kismet wrote:
In post 1651, Disaster Cartel wrote:euuuuugh

my heart doesnt WANT THAT

- ydra
what DO you want?

you have an opportunity to seriously engage, get some thoughts in, game is at a crawl.

now is the time.
Exactly
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3751 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Bulge puts it to X-2 enabling peta to quickhammer which leads into momentum on Bulge D2 SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
In post 1757, notscience wrote:Nacho flipping green makes me want to cull the townblock.

But not Bork.
YOU HAVE EVERY OTHER SCUM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
In post 1759, notscience wrote:I knew peta was scum and should have just said kill him first.

I’m sorry.
I'd be tilted out of playing the game if i were u prolly. Which is kinda what happened i see with delegating vote to mena and whoever

NM got 4-5 votes at start of this day and lived?
In post 1802, Disaster Cartel wrote:I guess if Iverson towns up the salsa!slot a lot it might be like a toss up in (Iverson, mom, infinity) I guess but that's kind of irrelevant if all of (N_M, cakez, bulge) are scum
Maybe somewhat relevant to note Mena is 1/5 on scum outside of NM, so had NM gotten pushed thru there was a lot of wiggle room

Gotta take a break fer now but will get back to it if not tonight sometime tomorrow
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3752 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 9:03 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

kinda like Venus' thoughts on cakes/nm/mena at bottom of page 77, not exactly in a perfect agree kinda way but seemed good idk

Spoiler:
In post 2052, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2041, Venus Fly Trap wrote:heya infinity
Hi idk what to do this game. Too many people are towny and the people that could be scum aren't posting
In post 2054, Kismet wrote:i still kinda worry that if nm is town we're just like, fucking boned
In post 2056, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
In post 2054, Kismet wrote:i still kinda worry that if nm is town we're just like, fucking boned
yes >.>
In post 2058, Venus Fly Trap wrote:i really, really, really want to force the bulge to do things today before we end the day tho

VOTE: bulge

honestly. if nm is town i'm not sure that flipping him is gonna provide the reset that you think it might
In post 2061, Disaster Cartel wrote:If N_M is town then things are kind of fucky but realistically I think it’s unlikely

Like he’s scummy for him comparatively and there’s also enough +town slots that he’s also just v likely scum via PoE
In post 2062, Infinity 324 wrote:Like, I'm pretty confident my reads would be better if I just sheeped bork or something, given my history of post d1 reads

But I can't do that cause people need me to be towny

But I'm also not good at asking sorting questions
In post 2068, notscience wrote:VOTE: bulge

I’m cool with this
In post 2069, Infinity 324 wrote:Mena I don't feel nearly as confident about this game as you do

Do you think scum are all like bussing? Or why is there so much consensus here?
In post 2070, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: bulge
In post 2073, Disaster Cartel wrote:what is this sudden burst against nm lmao

- ydra

(page 83) i still think it's Disaster it feels like a calculated bus whereas everyone else comes off like kinda lowkey terrified of the NM wagon, mena doesnt seem terribly concerned. I mean ya it's NM but i dont think there's substantial reason to know he's scum exactly... there was the point that maybe he plays a little more as scum but i doubt it. And Ydrasse is just +scum

I dont want to.. hate the bulge vote as an idea for information, i could see doing it myself... I do worry that it's something scum opts for because well duh town counterwagon to scum -- but also dont you just bus NM here and call the bulge voters scum on the next day (or even better after bulge dies on a later day)? Which is what disaster is doing naturally

Spoiler: Infinity on NM/Bulge wagons
In post 2236, Infinity 324 wrote:UNVOTE: idk
In post 2246, Infinity 324 wrote:I'm confused why bulge is approaching the game this way as scum, and saying a bunch of reasons you're town that don't make sense is probably a town tell

If something doesn't make sense and you don't believe it usually you don't say it
In post 2348, Infinity 324 wrote:I wanna vote NM but I hate the people on that wagon and I'm still bothered by the pushback the bulge wagon got. I don't know why that's like, the only time ydra and mena seemed synced up this game. And prism probably isn't out of his scumrange which isn't really making me feel better
You're bothered by the pushback the bulge wagon got? What pushback? Isn't all the pushback currently to NM in the form of the bulge wagon?

Spoiler: Infinity back on bulge
In post 2354, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2097, Infinity 324 wrote:one is scummy by posting and PoE and one is only scummy by PoE? I don't get what's so difficult to understand here
Ydrasse I'd like to know your thoughts on this (referring to me voting bulge over NM)
In post 2355, notscience wrote:I am defending him despite no real townread on him.

That typically means he's scum. I don't think I'd feel guilty about it otherwise.
In post 2356, Infinity 324 wrote:Who bulge?
In post 2357, notscience wrote:Yeah, I was answering Bork's question.
In post 2358, Infinity 324 wrote:Whatever I wanna vote with my TRs

VOTE: bulge

You really seem like you're jumping through hoops here to vote Bulge but ughhhh is that what scum would do?
In post 2362, Kismet wrote:if there's one thing i think i am sheepable on this game it is that noddy is town, yes.
I wanna believee
In post 2405, Infinity 324 wrote:I'm ok waiting for people to catch up and then voting NM
please tell me you did this

I have no idea what bulge/infinity are talking about with regards to this contradiction thing

I see bork basically had an entire crisis around the two wagons so thats prolly why the nm momentum slipped
In post 2611, Disaster Cartel wrote:hi, guess who read some stuff

i want to vote bulge but i think mena would kill me if i moved our vote

- ydra
you want to do
w h a t

In post 2619, Disaster Cartel wrote:also i'd feel really fucking bad if nm got away when we've been on him all game but like, idk. i'm torn between whether or not scum actually bus nm or try to leave him alive long enough to try and get a quickhammer in

i struggled for a bit trying to reconcile if these wagons can exist as svs and i came to the conclusion that there's no reason that they can't + bulge attacking infinity feels like the only option for scum!bulge when they've committed to having Obvious Townies and few options for those voting them. also the fact that it's like... why not vote nm there so you can get through to another day, imo? like this is projecting but i don't get why bulge choose to vote infinity which is for all intents and purposes atp a vanity wagon

- ydra
In post 2624, Disaster Cartel wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 2413, The Bulge wrote:i'm reading the whole game and trying not to have tunnel vision here

but like
In post 2415, The Bulge wrote:the whole game starting from d2, that is. just meant I'm not isoing infinity atm if that's what it looks like lol
In post 2435, The Bulge wrote:
I am hung up on the contradiction, as should any townie in the game of mafia.
you haven't justified it or cleared up any inconsistencies, and any attempt you've made to do that so far has come across to me as a backpedal, or stretching of any potentially ambiguous wording in your posts you can find.
In post 2451, The Bulge wrote:
I don't like how this hasn't at any point felt like you are actually trying to help me understand what you meant, infinity.
it all feels entirely like coverup. also not a fan of shit like this
In post 2434, Infinity 324 wrote:It's pretty clear that there's many points of possible benefit of the doubt you could be giving me and are not
or calling my takes "absurd", trying to discredit me.
it feels reactive and defensive. the quoted line here has big caught-for-the-wrong-reasons frustration vibes.

I don't think you want your points and thought process to be fully laid out on display and explored and have all its holes exposed. the stretching and backpedalling and retroactive justification is spinning it all into a more convoluted web. if you were town being incorrectly pushed for a take you feel has been misinterpreted, I would expect some kind of summary, or alternate explanation, or a dumbed down version at least. instead I get stuff like you quoting the same post I have a problem with twice in a row as if that should be convincing me of anything new. you're looking for evidence that you didn't let your perspective slip instead of just explaining what you meant.
In post 2459, The Bulge wrote:or no one! i dont have an opinion of my own on the townbloc itself as a whole, i havent read enough. but im pretty sure infinity is scum.
In post 2465, The Bulge wrote:i don't think it matters who
i
think the scum in the bloc is. infinity presented very strongly that she believed the bloc to be all town. she then presented even stronger that she believed peta was protecting a buddy within the bloc. when pressed about this inconsistency, she flailed.
In post 2490, The Bulge wrote:
In post 2475, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2454, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1768, Infinity 324 wrote:Peta didn't want to point to examples because the townies were all transparently town and he didn't want to sow paranoia on a buddy.
my interpretation of this line is "peta didn't want to shake things up too much because the actual townies in the bloc were all transparently so, and he didn't want to risk blowing his partner's deep cover"

it doesn't make sense to say this at all if infinity doesn't think there is a partner in that bloc, regardless of any alternate theories she has given since then for why peta might have done that.
If me, bork, VFT, and notsci are all transparently town, it makes sense why peta didn't want to point to a specific scum in that group because...we're all transparently town.
so vaguely shading the entire group of Extremely Obvious Townies without further developing that thought is the more town-looking move? please

here's the things that i didn't like from bulge regarding infinity -- it feels like.. the inverse of what actually happened LMAO, like the point that was being made was a gotcha that was supposed to screw over infinity. and then that didn't happen. the things about being intentionally obtuse/discredting are the things bulge did (she's flailing, etc) whether or not he meant to do that.

- ydra
disaster over infinity is back in business
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3753 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 9:28 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2627, Iverson wrote:VOTE: The Bulge

lmao peace nerds
In post 2632, Iverson wrote:Nothing to say, Ydrasse?
In post 2636, Iverson wrote:Maybe next time notsci!
In post 2637, Iverson wrote:Anyway I'm town and Ydrasse is scum so that's cool
In post 2639, Iverson wrote:Didn't even consider that I was scumclaiming or understand I was trolling for reactions, straight up she saw that vote and didn't think about it
i'm a huge fan of Prism's now, that was sick

Dont actually know if that was an explicitly scum-indictative reaction by Ydrasse although it wasn't terribly natural looking
In post 2684, Infinity 324 wrote:Mena's push to vote NM over bulge looks really good, but ydrasse's bulge vote does not, and I feel like she's had ample opportunity to obvtown
Really curious how Disaster doesnt get killed on this day. Already got it spoiled that Venus pushes for Mom but ya x3

I am also curious i guess what the thought process behind voting bulge was YES I KNOW I QUOTED THE POST WHERE YDRASSE EXPLAINS IT IN MY LAST POST but i didn't really get it
In post 2686, Iverson wrote:"I've got to go, Bork. It's all right. I'm not afraid. Some time, Bork, when the team is up against it, when things are wrong and the breaks are beating the boys, ask them to go in there with all they've got and win just one for the Nacho. I don't know where I'll be then, Bork. But I'll know about it, and I'll be happy."

The fact that Nacho, widely revered patron saint of townplay, came into this game with one mission, eliminating the trolling Not_Mafia who was scum anyway, only to promptly get dunked on and watch town go down 0-2 while the Miltank Man just smiles and laughs, absolutely kills me
That's golden

i really dont know who i want to throw out besides Disaster (page 111)

Feel like if you think about it, that's a pointless or neutral move for scum!Prism to make at best, dont really see why you'd give them flak for that after the fact (in response to Infinity being sus of Iverson). Oh she didnt realize it was free. Okay then

You know I can only imagine how painful this game must be for the townies still alive at this point, like peta and NM getting away is just owie
In post 2803, skitter30 wrote:this has not been one of my better games reads-wise >.>

~
so this is where i'm at rn. in my mind the game is kinda divided into tiers:
{bork/mena-ydrasse}
{infinity/notsci}
{sircakez/mom/prism}

the only two people i'm still quasi-confident on are bork and mena. bork i still think is out of his scumrange and i just don't think mena interacts with nm that way, despite ydrasse's hammer. it's possible i'm getting snowed by the people in this group but i don't think i'm willing to vote there today. if i'm wrong on one of them rn i don't think this is something i can positively identify today with the information i have, and these aren't the people i want to spend today's vote on.

i would say *if* there's scum in that group there's max one. i can't like make the game make sense in my mind if both of them are, it just doesn't compute for me.

then the infinity/notsci tier. my heart kinda wants them both to be town but i have a really bad sinking feeling that this just isn't the universe we live in at this point. i townread them both early game but at this point those reasons no longer suffice. in particular i'm kinda getting suspicious of infinity and i feel like she's dropped off a lot in a way that's rather reminiscent of her scum MO. these are the reads i definitely want to re-evaluate but probably wouldn't vote today

and then the last tier i think is the best bet for hitting scum, and i think there's at least one, probably two, in there
i actually like sircakez out of all of them the best: i like his entrance today, he's p persistantly pushed for nm yesterday, and he also has anti-partner associatives with l/g
i still think mom is scummy, and am just not convinced by any of the reasons presented for townreading her
and i utterly hate everything prism has done since/including the hammer

i would want to vote in the last two today

~ skitter
*raise eyebrow*

Prism mom and cakes bottom three? Disaster at the top? Bork is agiven but...

Why exactly can't scum!Mena interact with NM like that exactly? (see: my interpretation of it at top of . I don't get that townread at all

I can certainly empathize with my heart wanting infinity/notsci to be town rn hah

I don't get the prism hate. Oh, I see it's related to the cakez push.......... which i havent been reading. Fine. I also see the elaboration in , okay i see i see
In post 2805, Iverson wrote:At this point I'd like to just concede if skitter is town.
Yeah, maybe.. with my current interpretation that was a 2/3 shot of losing in skitts' bottom three

Now I'm curious why/how/what happened so that skitts' didnt vote Iverson out
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3754 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 9:51 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2908, Disaster Cartel wrote:This game is giving me strong vibes of scum not being able to TR our slot without losing bc I have no idea how we’re being considered in the PoE otherwise

Like my accuracy has been on point recently, this game I’ve basically had the best reads bar peta but there’s been like a concerted effort to keep me marginalised and I can basicslly only mark it down to scumteam pushing and then groupthink
In post 2909, Disaster Cartel wrote:G2H it’s (cakez, iverson, infinity) and there’s some weird bussing going on bc otherwise they figured the goose was cooked
these two are not town they can't be

That's the only thing I feel like i know in addition to Cakes being town. I think.

Someone anyone show me the light on who Disaster's paired with and we can close this out
In post 2975, fferyllt wrote:Iverson (2): SirCakez, Kismet
Disaster Cartel (1): Infinity 324

Not Voting (5): notscience, Venus Fly Trap, Momrangal, Iverson, Disaster Cartel
Uhm doesn't Venus!scum just win the game here by pushing Iverson?

Actually

If Cakes is town scum can just quickhammer entirely can they not..? Why don't they? Ah, it only lasted for four hours (and ofc only a few checked in thread during that time, especially not momrangal). So I suppose it's nothing
In post 3022, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3019, Kismet wrote:DC has been mostly pinpoint on L&G (scum), NM (scum), and Mara (who you also think is scum) and Mena has been pretty ok to me since early D1.

You were on Iverson but swapped off him for 2779 and I don't get what you saw there (and you even made 2782 later)
DC gets very little credit for voting NM since the slot voted bulge in the end.

I didn't start TRing iverson when I unvoted him, I was only voting him to pressure him into explaining the hammer. Honestly, I don't understand his play here, but I think that's more town-indicative than anything, I just can't see an agenda to his play. Idk obviously one of my townreads is wrong, and I wouldn't even really be townreading the slot if not for salsa being towny as well.
Agree, Disaster voting NM means nothing to me
In post 3041, Kismet wrote:there's one other option here that i hate to even consider and it's that my noddy read is wrong, because the switch off nm early D2 needs to be explained somehow

this is the shit that happens when you're down 2-0 i hope everyone's happy
In post 3043, Kismet wrote:would be fucking ballsy for noddy to have made that arrangement w/ mena to go after NM w/ that first wagon as it was and then to go after cakez. Like it has scum motivation to do if cakez is town (maybe even if he's scum) but man I feel scum noddy just fucking hardbusses there and licks his wounds.
double eyebrow raise
wavering on the notsci read? Bork has truly been broken
In post 3057, notscience wrote:You

VOTE: DC

I’m going to vote at the person half the game is scumreading and nobody is voting because that seems to be how scum has snuck out the last two days
good
In post 3061, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3057, notscience wrote:You

VOTE: DC

I’m going to vote at the person half the game is scumreading and nobody is voting because that seems to be how scum has snuck out the last two days
This is a great point I think I'll bite

VOTE: disaster cartel
yes

(lots of votes and unvoted, skitts is opposed)
In post 3102, Infinity 324 wrote:I'm just gonna assume cakez or DC are scum, me and cakez voted DC for about 12 hours right?
works for me

I see Iverson sort of townspewed so the alternate elim switched off him
In post 3207, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 2276, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1817, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1294, skitter30 wrote:Honestly i think he's just busy irl, see the recent panic room when je was scum but couldnt play due to busy-ness - when he *was* around, he actually efforted and tried to make himself look townie and solving

Here he just doesnt care. I think for him, in that context, this is townie
[Redacted] supports that as well

~

And: :) ~on the road to hell~
In post 1302, skitter30 wrote:I think if he's busy he isnt going to be putting much effort in, but as scum he will *try to look like he is*, and that he'll be political to try to get the players he thinks he needs to tr him to tr him (i.e. often me)

He isnt doing that here, so i think its townie

But fair enuf if you dont want to metadive, fark, or if you want more from him before you tr him, pooky

But i see him starting to collect votes and i just wanted to say that i'm not a fan particularly

I do think lucy is an alt and i also think i know who she is
In post 2283, skitter30 wrote:mena doesn't really have any content so what am i supposed to interact with really?
easiest way to go about it is just say that he feels weird and see how he responds and go from there

scum-him also is gonna try to buddy me hard, especially if he isn't really planning on playing this, but *he didn't* in that interaction, and he's being very, very, very open and blase about the fact that he's not playing - scum him would be more defensive about it, and would be trying to look more like he's trying
he's not tho, so even tho he didn't really give any more content or anything in that short interaction, i thought it was townie for him, because he didn't hit any of the points that i'd expect from scum-him there

basically this normal as the towngame, and the recently completed panic room that notsci modded as the scumgame.
in panic room he repped in late and basically tried pocketing me and tried to get me to like his slot and basically made his whole game about appeasing me (take a look at his iso if you don't believe me, viewtopic.php?f=51&t=85778&user_select[]=32813, it's basically entirely talking to me and about me and in some places even though the logical conclusions of what he was spouting would make me scum, he wouldn't even call me scum).
i called him out on it and flipped him (and infinity was there too!)

and in the towngame, he was not tryharding, he was popping in and yolo-ing whenever he felt convenient, even if it made him look bad. it was a tough pl and people kept trying to flip him because he was one of the easier misflips, and i kept being stubborn about explaining that that isn't how he's playing scum these days and managed to stave off the misflip. he would be trying to be more ~political~ (i.e. have reads that would actually make people townread him, and not just say whatever he's thinking), and would also be sucking up to me more (sorry mena for being so blunt).
and i was right in that analysis, and he was town there (and infinity you were in that one too iirc!)

and here he's a lot more like the latter than the former. he isn't having reads that would particularly get on anybody's good side (like, literally does not need to pick a massive fight about nm repeatedly on day1, setting himself up as contrary to general thread opinion). he isn't being super try-hard-y for him. he isn't trying to get me to townread him in particular. he isn't trying to pocket me - the way he's playing this game isn't orienting around me, which si what i would expect to happen if he were scum. in panic room, he basically kept trying to appeal to me, as my vote is ultimately what was going to decide how that day played out. i have a certain amount of sway here too, and he isn't trying to tap into that. he isn't particularly going out of his way to interact with me. i don't think this is what current-era-mena's scumgame looks like. it looks a lot more like the normal imo.
hey I read that scum game.

If i recall correctly, by the time Mena had repped-in, wasn't the game already lost for scum barring some kind of insanity happening? That seemed like a desperation type game for Mena to be able to get anywhere. correct me if wrong though

And from what i've gathered the take on NM is super believable when you factor in that NM was certainly dying and flipping scum before Disaster dies. i dont think scum!Disaster really has to worry about receiving flak in a way that is meaningful there, personally..
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3755 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Spoiler: idk if i really said anything important here
Notsci vanishing on D3 is sort of terrifying but i suppose u warned me about that in advance. I don't really draw a conclusion from it
In post 3249, SirCakez wrote:also - DC has been sitting at two votes for a while now

so either
1) DC is scum
2) Iverson is scum
3) the scum team is just not trying for quickhammer

methinks it's 1
for me that is replaced with "2) Cakes is scum" -- im inclined to agree w/ cakes here.

Maybe i spend some time solidifying cakes read? All players seem to have checked in during this time..... right? Even mom. So if Cakes is town this really should hold up, scum could have won if DC were scum and the game should already be over anyway
In post 3251, Infinity 324 wrote:I think there's a decent chance DC is scum with VFT, since skitt doesn't have a huge chance of being wrong about DC. Mom is almost certainly town in that scenario. Of course DC could just be town but I'm still not convinced.
What changed abt this? Oh well I guess Mom yeah. Gonna put on the thinking cap for potential scum!Venus motivations for why they'd bother saving DC another time
In post 3275, Kismet wrote:
In post 3271, Venus Fly Trap wrote:the mafia role PM implies no daytalk, which would make it pretty difficult to quickhammer anyone.
ok, not a terrible point. Just kinda assumed daytalk was standard these days - I haven't been in a game w/o it since I started playing again.
Oh, that's disappointing
In post 3276, Kismet wrote:even so, you get excited to win here as scum and maybe motivate yourself to be around more, yeah?
Let's go with that im fucking tired
In post 3277, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3259, Disaster Cartel wrote:hi me too

do you want anything from me? i have literally no motivation for this game atp but i'll try and claw us away from a loss if i can

- ydra
this post just reads sooooo scummily tonally
"im not motivated but I'll try to save us from a loss" like what??
bahahaha
In post 3321, Iverson wrote:Literally VFT goes "I feel really good about Iverson Kismet" and the game is over so idk what VFT would be doing as scum besides trying their hardest to gamethrow
True

Although Kismet did express the townread on Iverson first, I think. So there's that but yes that is kinda what i was thinking
In post 3326, Infinity 324 wrote:Ok, you've kinda forced my hand, I actually think bork is the last scum *gasp*

You don't have to believe me but I wanna say I called it
well thats certainly an interesting take

Kk i have skimmed all the way to day four which ill leave for when im more awake

This game is such a puzzle, it's a fun one though.
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3756 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 10:30 pm

Post by Disaster Cartel »

hi MT, nice to have you, sorry you rolled scum although I guess you're p happy about that
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3757 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 10:31 pm

sorry again to everyone for yesterday
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3758 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 10:54 pm

I can get into this more later but for now I'd like to draw attention to the way that morning has approached this rep in and the fact that it fits *incredibly* well with her being infinity!partner:
In post 3703, Morning Tweet wrote:Is Venus/Infinity a viable scumteam or am I way off the mark?

(on page 6 lol)
In post 3708, Morning Tweet wrote:me too sort of

you were second or third to defend NM and i am biased against everyone who said "No let's not policy NM"

additionally you seemed more passive like theres not a lot of SRing and more i guess normal questioning and less interesting stuff

Like from my two game baseline i think you had a push on me fairrrrlly early in royalty and i forget what happened in one night stand

as it is presently I was thinking less likely cakez/notsci scum and if i had to pick between you and disaster for one, well
In post 3716, Morning Tweet wrote:
Spoiler: Infinity and Mena discuss NM
In post 369, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 348, Nachomamma8 wrote:Now, if the scumteam is given the chance to safehouse NachoDaughter, then town has to kill NachoDaddy to get their three points.
Ok but as a town we can decide to elim nachodaddy anyway and it's at least based on something, and nachodaddy might even be >rand scum where as a policy on NM would not be. I don't really care about "strongest scum player", I care about being able to tell the difference between someone's townplay and scumplay
In post 370, Infinity 324 wrote:I think in a game where a bunch of people know each other the game becomes less about who is charismatic/town-looking enough to avoid the elim and more about who can give town the most doubts as to whether they are scum. By virtue of being unreadable NM is pretty good at the latter
In post 372, Infinity 324 wrote:Thanks!

And yeah I believe nacho thinks limming NM is protown, I think that much is clear. I'm much less sure he believes this cakez read though.
In post 397, Disaster Cartel wrote:
In post 370, Infinity 324 wrote:I think in a game where a bunch of people know each other the game becomes less about who is charismatic/town-looking enough to avoid the elim and more about who can give town the most doubts as to whether they are scum. By virtue of being unreadable NM is pretty good at the latter
idgi how are those two things not the same? like the people who are most towny looking are surely also the ones you have the most doubts about being scum?

-Mena
In post 400, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 397, Disaster Cartel wrote:idgi how are those two things not the same? like the people who are most towny looking are surely also the ones you have the most doubts about being scum?
NM is a perfect example of why it's not, they will never look towny but you will always have doubts about whether they are scum

Nacho looks relatively towny from an Objective StandpointTM but I don't have that many doubts about him being scum
In post 402, Disaster Cartel wrote:
In post 400, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 397, Disaster Cartel wrote:idgi how are those two things not the same? like the people who are most towny looking are surely also the ones you have the most doubts about being scum?
NM is a perfect example of why it's not, they will never look towny but you will always have doubts about whether they are scum

Nacho looks relatively towny from an Objective StandpointTM but I don't have that many doubts about him being scum
are you saying you SR nacho or nah?

-Mena
In post 403, Disaster Cartel wrote:Like yes, I may have doubts about whether NM is scum because he never does anything

But if you ask me to choose between someone who looks town and someone who I just don’t know if they’re scum, I’d rather lim the one who doesn’t look town like 99.99% of the time or something

-Mena
I've got two schools of thought where i think A.) scum has to do mental gymnastics to justify not voting outA NM or B.) they make somewhat of a show out of siding against NM to look better

As it was, Momrangal/Lion was not in the game. Not_Mafia was himself. Leafy shaded NM but didnt really weigh in on it directly.

Venus/Infinity openly defended whilst Mena was pretty heavily against NM.

i dont really recall notsci or cakes focusing on it too much

I find it reaaally hard to buy that no scum assisted NM at all and it was just one bus on him by Mena!scum (two busses after voting leafy). In a game where scum are gonna be dying each phase that's certainly valuable to scum though so im not really counting disaster out

Also I was kinda getting the sense Mena might just be frustrated with NM so it'd be NAI but dont know yet
In post 453, Kismet wrote:like is that really your argument? "shit i got that 10 out of 11 townreads (or somewhere in that vein), but fuck, DANGER ZONE, better play defense"
lol

I skimmed mod iso to the final VC and apparently NM wasn't even in contention by the end of the day like I thought he was so okay then moving on. The Nachomamma interactions are so long i dont really read into them super deeply but SIGH they're probably just as or more important
starts off by slapping down a scumlean on infinity from like suuuuper early on when infinity was actually looking fine (I don't really think infinity starts to get scummy until considerably later in the game so MT being like "oh yeah infinity = bad at the opening" should stand out because I'd like to remind everyone that basically nobody had significant doubts about infinity in the early game. why? because infinity's posting in the early game *was good* and was strongly replicative of her towngame)

so what's the benefit here? scum is doubling down on trying to get my lim through for the second day in a row. infinity doesn't really have the traction to push it through alone, but MT!slot is like ~fairly TR and MT is also someone who enjoys playing scum and who's good at it, and I think the person much more likely to stand a chance of gaining traction. but! there's a problem, if MT joins and immediately goes for my throat without acknowledging that my play has been towny at all, that seems far less convincing and it's also far more transparent tomo that she's partnered with infinity, assuming we get that through. so instead there's these nods to how I'm town and an effort to create some form of distancing with infinity, at least to create reasonable doubt vs someone like notsci for tomo if they can't win today
In post 3722, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 892, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 528, Disaster Cartel wrote:My not thinking it makes sense that I should be townread in general =/= I don’t think nacho shouldn’t be townreading me more and find it kinda weird he isn’t given that I’ve been on a similar trajectory to him but also, importantly, have gotten there on some things before him (like voting leafy). Given that I can’t just be sheeping him bc of that, I find it weird that someone who’s coming to the game from a v similar viewpoint in many ways, he doesn’t see as town
i don't like this from disaster cartel. i find it a frustrating experience as scum when i defend lynchbait (or don't push a townie who everyone is railing against) and they don't townread me back. this looks like this - i don't buy thst mena thinks we're gonna townread each other because we have similar reads
In post 894, Nachomamma8 wrote:i also have used my amazing detective skills to gleam that ydrasse is someone who is super town when they're town

and they are not that here
(cause like, yes)

and also regarding the second, maybe Ydrasse isn't always super town as town but im on a big streak of Ydrasse!scum games where she plays identical to what i have read thus far
I'll prob let ydra deal with this when she does get here, but we were talking yesterday bc I wasn't in a great way tbh, and she mentioned that she thinks it's sus that the meta angle is being pushed against her specifically when she just finished a scumgame with infinity where she was like the polar opposite to this and also that she's had like a general low mood thing that she's starting to come out of re: games in general. also this game has just been a fucking slog overall, so I think trying to make that into this strongly AI thing for ydra is off
In post 3726, Morning Tweet wrote:Would infinity reeeeallllyy defend misty/beeboy reeeeeeeeeeallllllllllllyyyyyy thoughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ()

Plus that other stuff that was confbiasing me aka leafy hard tring infinity in

Shiiit im impressed if Infinity hard defends misty and pushes Nacho as scum
In post 963, Infinity 324 wrote:Nacho I'm not sure what to tell you, I'm not even just continuing to SR you for the same reasons from early on because you continue to post things that look scummy to me. It's just not worth it to go into that because you're not going to change my mind. I'm not exactly sure what scum!you is supposed to do if me/bork/notsci/VFT are all town, you tried to push VFT and it didn't take. And for everyone else, I don't know who you're bussing and not (though I have some ideas) and I'll figure it out when you flip scum. If you're town, I'm sorry and I'll re-evaluate my view of the game and heavily weight your reads because I know you're a good player and you'll be confirmed town to me then. I just don't see that happening atm.
In post 969, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 963, Infinity 324 wrote:you tried to push VFT and it didn't take.
You're not the first person to say this but it's not correct.

If I was scum here I would be pushing townies to die. People can disagree with me and I'd still push for townies to die because playing scum is all about cracking trust and breaking down townblocks. Like in Order of the Stick when I got edged out pretty harshly by a solid townblock I kept pushing at people like Wisdom even though it wasn't popular because you need to push mislynches to win as scum. Here ESPECIALLY I would only need to kill one townie in order to safehouse myself so I can guarantee that I would get that one townie lynched.
In post 970, Infinity 324 wrote:I think L&G are town so yeah

Also was I in order of the stick?
fucking hell i just dunno if i see it
In post 3718, Infinity 324 wrote:I'm pretty sure VFT is town because skitt singlehandedly strongarmed the elim on mom yesterday. Since DC was likely the other option, there is some world where she's still scum with DC, but that seems very very unlikely to me still.
Okay i was gonna ask if Venus could be scum with Disaster then since strongarming mom wouldn't matter in that case

Why do you find this world unlikely? Or what *is* more likely, i suppose
this is where the walkback begins and it's pretty much entirely based on WIFOM or on the assumption that infinity has a weak scumgame... which is EXACTLY the same argument that infinity has been trying to sell today and yesterday and throughout the game of just "oh I'm not good enough to have done this as scum I've just misplayed things". I don't think morning comes across as particularly interested in thinking about whether infinity is really out of range or not, and doesn't really have any actual reasons why infinity couldn't/wouldn't be able to do that as scum, it's just like a pure discourse thing "would infinity reaaaaaally do this" like yes? why wouldn't she? MT's not engaging with reasons of why she would or wouldn't and is just using this to try and justify coming round to an infinity townread which continues
In post 3732, Morning Tweet wrote:bottom line right now is cakes is town

infinity seems like town

Notsci and venus i dont know. both seem to have positive things going for them but from what i can tell Leafeon/Momrangal/NM were all pretty easily scum so i expect at least one scumteam member to have done well for themself

and Disaster seems like scum

eeh?
here. we've now had a complete reversal and MT has managed to line up with the exact same position as her pred in the important elements, which is that infinity!town and us!scum. this is scum's easiest path to a win, and I think that all of MT's posting reads as motivated by getting to that end state. what she's saying about notsci and VFT is fairly immaterial I think, but the cakez pocket attempt (the easiest next person to get onto me) is I think p blatant

I don't want to make this too long and I gotta head out bc I'm going to get a covid test done but I think her trajectory and posting around notsci is also v much aimed at trying to defuse there and to get notsci on board which is probably a slightly harder task than cakez
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3759 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 10:57 pm

like remember, if it's notsci/infinity then there's not a great deal of reason for them not to bus here at the beginning. like maybe they back it off and they're hoping that they can quick hammer if I get to two

but if it's infinity/Mt then there's a lot more motivation to just go for the win today because even if we get infinity, MT is probably still not on the bottom of the block and there's a good chance of winning for them tomo, which means I think the fact that this is blatant isn't clearing in the way that it might be if MT like, desperately needed to increase her endgame equity
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3760 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 11:03 pm

oh, there's also one more thing I want to mention bc its being brought up and weaponised again which is ydra's switch off NM onto bulge and the main thing is like

why would she do that as scum? like there's pretty much zero need to do that as scum and it actively makes the game harder not easier for exactly the reason that it can be used as a way to discredit my consistent push on NM (which also lol @MT trying to make that sus in and of itself because "mena seems too comfortable with it" like, morning, we've played together, you know that when I'm happy with a push confidence in pushing it is not something I lack and if anything presenting a lot of doubts about the person I want to flip while pushing them is scum!indicative for me)

why is there zero need to do it? because nobody was really saying that bulge/NM needed to be TvS and the general feeling was that they were probably s/s. if we're scum all we need to do is keep our vote on NM and then we never get pushed via this angle lategame. kismet still gets limmed and the bulge is like a super viable mislim the following day. which means that we end up in the same situation as we're in today, with the same players p much exactly, only in a much improved gamestate for any world where we're scum
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3761 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2021 11:04 pm

like there's so much wrong with MT's posting so far but I don't have time yet lmao
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3762 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 2:31 am

Post by SirCakez »

im seeing a lot of words aaaaaa
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3763 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 2:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

I like Tweet's catchup but I'm also biased bc I thought Iverson was extremely town
In post 3702, notscience wrote:For the love of god there’s more than just Bork there’s two others with similar levels of experience
can someone who is not notsci tell me if this is believable or not? because I don't know what to think
In post 3725, Morning Tweet wrote:where did it all go so wrong guys?? I know you both end up on Nacho :C
fucking notsci begged me to vote Nacho and I fell for it
my scumreads have been good this game but I've only actually gotten one elimmed 1/3 days q.q
In post 3725, Morning Tweet wrote:How do we have 2-3 consensus scumreads who are scum (Leafeon + Momrangal + kind of NM but not really)
GOOD QUESTION
shit counterwagons happened (YES I KNOW I WAS ON ONE I AM A SADCAKE)

my thing with Mena right now is he seems way too legitimately pissed to be scum and he's been like this all game
In post 3737, notscience wrote:Only scum in my bottom four was lotus.

Guess who I shot.
LMAO good times
In post 3754, Morning Tweet wrote:If Cakes is town scum can just quickhammer entirely can they not..? Why don't they? Ah, it only lasted for four hours (and ofc only a few checked in thread during that time, especially not momrangal). So I suppose it's nothing
we established scum probably could not qh because of Mom being so inactive and a probable lack of daychat
In post 3753, Morning Tweet wrote:You know I can only imagine how painful this game must be for the townies still alive at this point, like peta and NM getting away is just owie
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3764 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 2:47 am

Post by SirCakez »

this might be one of the hardest mafia games I've ever played in over 6 years of online forum mafia
holy fucking shit
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3765 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 2:48 am

Post by SirCakez »

DC has a fair point that it is a lil weird how MT spent basically her whole catchup sniping at them and seemingly trying to pocket me (?)
but I just can't get over Iverson's play
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3766 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 2:50 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3760, Disaster Cartel wrote:because nobody was really saying that bulge/NM needed to be TvS and the general feeling was that they were probably s/s.
I don't think this is true though
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3767 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 2:53 am

Post by SirCakez »

Tweet does not really feel like when she was scum in Team Mafia tonally or stylistically
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3768 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 3:10 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3752, Morning Tweet wrote:You're bothered by the pushback the bulge wagon got? What pushback
DC cakez and I think prism were all insisting on voting NM over bulge for reasons that didn't seem logical to me.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3769 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 3:13 am

Post by SirCakez »

what if we had just yeeted Peta day 1 and NM day 2
THE GAME WOULD BE OVER

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3770 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 3:44 am

Post by notscience »

Bulge and I have played like seven games as different slots post hiatus. Twice as a hydra, I don’t remember how many before hiatus.

Nacho was in my second on site game ever.

Bork used to play Skype mafia with me and some others all the time.

You have four games. So does skitter, so does mena. Lillith has one or two.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3771 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yes if you're scum you're having the game of your life
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3772 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 3:49 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 3771, Infinity 324 wrote:Yes if you're scum you're having the game of your life
literally whoever is scum in this game is having an amazing game period
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3773 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 3:51 am

Post by notscience »

Whoever is scum is an amazing detective/genius
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3774 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 3:52 am

Post by notscience »

I hav to shower and then I have a zoom call but once I am done I will be looking at isos
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”