Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

I want to be the master. My strength is in the early game and I don't particularly like my noble phantasm.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 23, Servant Berserker wrote:I’d argue that if your only qualifications come from a mechanical sense it is not a good idea to make you town leader.
I agree with this.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 43, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 35, Servant Saber wrote:I want to be the master. My strength is in the early game and I don't particularly like my noble phantasm.
But one of the upsides to being the master is being able to use your noble phantasm right away. Wouldn't it make sense to let someone who wants to use theirs have it, then?
Using mine right away is better than using it later.

I want to use mine to reinforce my reads and improve thread cohesion. It's much better used in the early game than late.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 47, Servant Caster wrote:yes I think whoever thinks their NP would be very strong should volunteer for it.
My NP is one of the strongest in the game, if used correctly and early. It's totally weaksauce if used late and arguably detrimental.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 57, Servant Lancer wrote:I’m coming around to the idea that we should be aiming to hit town more than we care about the NP of whoever gets it.
I agree with this partially. Aiming for the towniest voice who wants to be the master is best. By filtering out those who don't want to be master, we're left with town who want to be master and scum. For the scum who fail to get master, they have to justify later in the game why they wanted their NP filled up.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 63, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 48, Servant Saber wrote:
In post 43, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 35, Servant Saber wrote:I want to be the master. My strength is in the early game and I don't particularly like my noble phantasm.
But one of the upsides to being the master is being able to use your noble phantasm right away. Wouldn't it make sense to let someone who wants to use theirs have it, then?
Using mine right away is better than using it later.

I want to use mine to reinforce my reads and improve thread cohesion. It's much better used in the early game than late.
I see. I'm not sure why exactly you don't like it, then. Do you believe you'd be a good leader?
I do feel I'd be a good leader. I'm great at listening to other players and I won't have to fight to get my reads heard. I see so many stump games go sideways because ICs don't listen.

My noble phantasm involves me making judgments about what other people find useful. It's incredibly powerful if I use it right, but it's an action I don't take lightly. I might hold it to night 1 just to ensure I use it correctly.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

I agree. I like Ego for town.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 87, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 77, Servant Saber wrote:My noble phantasm involves me making judgments about what other people find useful
Would you say it's better than a guaranteed cop-shot? That is my offer.
Both would depend on the utility of the target selected. Mine could be better or worse depending on various hypothetical game states. I can't guarantee mine would be better than a cop shot, no.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 90, Servant Archer wrote:It is more that it looked like they were overselling
This is fair. I feel like I have a duty to go after the master role and that might come across as overselling.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 99, Servant Archer wrote:Saber seems to think that their ability would be about on par with Assassins, so if we are making a mech choice, I would rather Assassin over Saber.
This isn't quite right. Each is situational. It's hard to compare the two was my point.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 100, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 98, Servant Saber wrote:
In post 90, Servant Archer wrote:It is more that it looked like they were overselling
This is fair. I feel like I have a duty to go after the master role and that might come across as overselling.
Why is that?
It's hard to state without getting to far into my NP. Think about why town lose games. Think if someone could prevent that from happening.

Put that with a town leader.

I feel like it's my responsibility to prevent us from ruining ourselves if that makes sense.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 120, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 108, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I honestly find it questionable that someone who gained a guaranteed cop shot from their NP would out it openly without possible consideration of it being blocked as a result.
Also, if they don't get the the master, outing it puts a target on themselves before they will have their NP charged
I agree with this. It feels wrong but maybe that's self-interest talking.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 123, Servant Beast wrote:Is there some reason you're pretending to be Fferylit AE? Just like, trying out a new style because it's an anon game or? It's worth trying to read you early I think.
Can anyone answer that within the rules?
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

I'm going to head to bed and pray that what I fear will happen won't actually happen. Don't ask me as I don't want to manifest that energy into the universe.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 135, Servant Beast wrote:
In post 132, Servant Saber wrote:I'm going to head to bed and pray that what I fear will happen won't actually happen. Don't ask me as I don't want to manifest that energy into the universe.
:? I'm not going to get mod-killed (I hope) for asking why they started off with a catch phrase from a player that can't be in this game.
That's not what I am concerned with and I'd never hint at a modkill. That's against the rules.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:50 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 149, Servant Assassin wrote:I mostly dislike posts #85 and #100, the first being what the kids call LAMIST and the 2nd is simply that if you are town, you understand the pull that would draw one to wanting to become master. Even if me and Saber did not have strong mechanical reasons to want master, there is a pull that wants to get townread and make the most of your slot, and becoming master achieves that immediately. The "Why is that?" from Lancer basically should already be understood from a town perspective.
Can you quote these posts in the same post? I play on mobile so that's hard.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:52 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 154, Servant Berserker wrote:Someone central to prevent us going off on the wrong track via tunneling and the like.
That's my job and I can practically guarantee (unless blocked) that this won't happen as master.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:53 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 155, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I think the risk/reward is in our favor regardless and I wouldn't mind voting there because it sorts them early.
I can't go along with that as it neuters my role and we can sort him by his content, which there is a lack of.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:55 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 164, Servant Foreigner wrote:Scum in this situation can promise everything. Once they win elections they are tree stumped anyway, no risk of being killed for lieing. It shouldn't be used as indication.
I agree, which is why I don't claim anything that I can't back up or is extravagant. Second, I don't want to be a miselimination for overpromising and under delivering.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:56 am

Post by Servant Saber »

I like Foreigner as town.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:58 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 194, Servant Caster wrote:when you're scum, and you get accused of being scum, you can brush it off as a lucky guess or a reaction test without merit - you don't feel the pressure and you can just fire back a question etc.

when you're scum and you get accused of being scum with your scum-teammate, it puts more fear into you that the person accusing actually knows what they are doing and has a tendency to cause paralysis in reacting.

when you're town and you get accused of being scum with someone else, you tend to at least ask if the read is associative or specific on behavior.
I don't find this true at all. Responses depend on personality.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:00 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 197, Servant Berserker wrote:Foreigner, would you be interested in voting me to be master?
Why do you want to be master? I haven't seen it, and it would help me read you.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 202, Servant Berserker wrote:I agree that caster seems town. Don’t want them as master though.
I am uncertain on Caster and I disagree with their conclusions. Can you explain why they're town?
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:14 am

Post by Servant Saber »

@Archer, I acknowledge there are worlds where I don't get selected as master. I have to worry about what happens then. My NP is only one of the strongest if I get master early, most likely. It's not if I don't get it barring very bad circumstances already occuring.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:15 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 214, Servant Lancer wrote:And can consider possibilities for other slots feeling the same way, so a player who says they have a “duty” to go for master either thinks very highly of themselves as a player or has reason to believe their mech will outweigh all other mech abilities.
Honestly, it's a bit of both. All abilities I'm not certain of but it rivals most abilities. I have already said too much about it though.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:17 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 216, Servant Lancer wrote:Even further than that, the word “duty” makes it sound like saber believes that town would be hurt by them not being selected as master, as opposed to a purely self-driven reason for wanting it. So there has to be something behind that thought process.

I kind of agree with archer’s 213 re: saber.
Correct. There is something behind that process. Namely my role is likely useless by the time my NP charges up and it's great for town if used correctly. I have the confidence to believe I can.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Servant Saber »

Moon Cancer might be buddying me given his two SRs are people up for contention for master besides me.

Before I forget

VOTE: Saber
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 233, Servant Alter Ego wrote:So you have 5 scumreads and 2 townreads so far, is that correct?
On my phone, it looks like the Caster line is just an extension of the nulls. Am I incorrect?
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

I actually don't think Archer is scum. I feel like scum have a vested interest in ensuring I don't get to be the master so they can run over town. Yet, I feel the dynamic they are trying to push is me versus Archer and possibly Berserker. Town loses games when town engage in t v t fights and my duty is to prevent that, however I can. So while I don't think Berserker is the best choice, I want to make it abundantly clear I don't scumread Archer for it. Scum are likely in the sidelines.

@Alter Ego, Why do you feel I would be hard to work with?

Pedit, looking at that wall now.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 315, Servant Assassin wrote:Generally a lack of content would make one harder to sort. Unless you are implying that I can be sorted precisely because I have a lack of content, which in general would imply you scumread me. Could you elaborate on this position or else clarify what you mean?
I was scumreading you because the only thing I remembered you doing was saying "I want master" and running out. Your recent posting has moved the needle a bit.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 317, Servant Beast wrote:I believe Saber's claim and I don't want the scum team to derail it with a less optimal choice.
I haven't directly stated my role...
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #31) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 332, Servant Alter Ego wrote:You seem like someone whose styledoes not work well with mine and whose thinking is frequently at odds with how I operate. Nothing against you as a person, it's just...not what I'd prefer in a master.
Well, you might be misreading my style. I don't beg for influence as either alignment generally. It's an awkward stance.

As conftown, I back off and let town guide the thread only interjecting at particularly bad reasoning or eliminations or to clarify murky points.

That's not the stance I can take when pursuing to be conftown though.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #32) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 337, Servant Rider wrote:
In post 329, Servant Archer wrote:It also seems strange to have a miller and a "miller-proof" cop - unless we also have a non-miller proof cop, and I don't know how likely it is that Cabd would give us multiple cops
Considering that a lot of these super abilities are probably ***** and that it would take 5 days/nights to charge, most of these abilities will probably not see usage without outside help.

And I don't really believe the miller claim and feel like it was mostly done in reaction to Assassin indicating he had a cop-like ability.
I agree with the last paragraph and I want to believe assassin is lying.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #33) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 331, Servant Berserker wrote:Why should I want to give Saber the master? Something that is not about mechanics.
@Beast
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #34) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 350, Servant Beast wrote:When you're scum hunting would you say you identify scum more often than average?
My scumhunting prowess is largely dependent on the environment I get and my own personal life.

My townhunting is where it's at.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #35) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 341, Servant Saber wrote:
In post 331, Servant Berserker wrote:Why should I want to give Saber the master? Something that is not about mechanics.
@Beast
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:20 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 457, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Yeah, Beast's just scum who's engaging in wordplay to avoid addressing me. I'm done here.
I am concerned Beast was buddying me as well. I asked him twice to elaborate on his townread of me and got crickets.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Servant Saber »

Gut reads
Shielder - Can't remember him
Saber - Frustrated town
Archer - Strong town lean
Lancer - I waffle here. So gun to my head town but would eliminate as a compromise.
Rider - I know he's posting but I don't recall his content. Not sure if that's a me problem or a him problem as avatars are hard to tell apart.
Caster - Strong town lean.
Assassin - Gun to my head town. I have reservations about how he pursued being master.
Berserker - Moderate town. I don't know if it's jealousy or something nefarious over why he got more votes than me while facing much less questioning.
Ruler - Same as Rider.
Avenger - Weak town.
Moon Cancer - His flip reads scummy right now but I'll give his explanation a second read later when I am not stuck waiting on work.
Alter Ego - Strong town lean
Foreigner - Weak town
Beast - Weak town. It would be higher but major buddying concerns.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #38) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 473, Servant Berserker wrote:It’s not like I’m avoiding questions. Noones really had any for me.
That's a big issue I have with you being master. Aside from Assassin's obvious gripe, no one has questioned you. I think, assuming you're town, scum want to avoid giving town powerful roles, particularly mine.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:18 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 508, Servant Caster wrote:@Berserker.

Let's assume you're town. Your townreads are correct.

What do you suppose the scum team is trying to do?

Why have they chosen to not contest and allow you to just waltz into Town-Leadership and take Mastery without really putting up any kind of fight whatsoever?
This has been the MO of a lot of recent scumgames. Do nothing and have us rip ourselves to shreds.

That's why I don't automatically assume Beserker is scum pushed although I have psychological evidence to suggest such.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:23 am

Post by Servant Saber »

@Berserker, Your townreads focus a fair amount on who agrees with you. I find this a significant problem for thread health. A good master/stump cannot be vulnerable to buddying. Every stump game town wins without toxic cheating replaceouts won because of the fact the stumps were open to criticism by town. I'm worried that is not the case because of your townread rational, particularly on Archer and Alter.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #41) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:24 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 518, Servant Foreigner wrote:
In post 464, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I believe that the POE of {Alter Ego, Foreigner, Saber} has three scum. That obviously leaves one scum but I am sure we can find that one eventually.
Did you just POE in a game some people barely posted? So fake
Shielder hadn't even posted I believe.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #42) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:27 am

Post by Servant Saber »

For the record, I am not calling Archer and Alter scum. My comment is solely about thread health in case we are wrong somewhere. I'm afraid that scumreads won't be permissible later on, causing us to lose. See Townstumps mafia, particularly Titus and House v NorwegianboyEE.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (isolation #43) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Servant Saber »

Been pretty sick lately. My goal is to catch up this weekend.

Nothing I have seen when trying to force myself to pay attention changes my reads but my comprehension ain't the best.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (isolation #44) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 739, Servant Alter Ego wrote:sorry, I guess

I got lazy and just didn't give full consideration to what caster was saying because I felt like this was happening no matter what and the game was falling into an apathetic state

So I kind of just rolled with it hoping I was right

I shouldn't have done it and I feel terrible for freezing out my townread here
What are you talking about freezing out?

The game was kind of getting stale but I assumed that was just my life preventing mental investment.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (isolation #45) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

I don't think Berserker is. I just can't obvtown when I need to.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (isolation #46) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:06 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 769, Servant Assassin wrote:My power only cares about whether the person I intend to find the alignment of is scum or not. It can't be tricked as far as I know but I can ask. However the way I use it now changes drastically without being the master and I cannot reveal why because there is counterplay.
You made a big deal about there being no counterplay to your role yesterday but now there's suddenly counterplay?
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (isolation #47) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:08 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 779, Servant Berserker wrote:Want to make me a tier list where you are at? Open question to everyone.
I will try to do this later today.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (isolation #48) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:10 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 796, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:VOTE: Alter Ego
The amount of townreads on this is worrying.
Why?
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (isolation #49) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:12 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 806, Servant Berserker wrote:Archer, I think we need to look through the people on my wagon. Particularly the middle few votes.
I concur here. If I was too obvious with my hinting day 1, scum would intend a lot of noise or provoking T v Ts. That would make them choose Berserker over me.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (isolation #50) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:13 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 802, Servant Foreigner wrote:Now kill cancer
VOTE: Moon
Why?
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (isolation #51) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:15 am

Post by Servant Saber »

I want to vote Moon myself but I want to hear from Foreigner first. I also worry it's too easy because no one TRs Moon, yet I have been wrong there before.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (isolation #52) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:18 am

Post by Servant Saber »

I have minor reservations on Caster if the goal was to have me at Berserker's throat.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (isolation #53) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:35 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 815, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 812, Servant Saber wrote:I want to vote Moon myself but I want to hear from Foreigner first. I also worry it's too easy because no one TRs Moon, yet I have been wrong there before.
Did you miss Ruler making a lengthy, rather tortured defense of Moon Cancer? I know her posts are long but that doesn't mean you should be skipping them entirely.
Yes, I did. What post was that?
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (isolation #54) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Servant Saber »

I hate the argument by Ruler that Alter linked me to. It boils down to scum have nothing to gain by going against the grain. Scum have plenty to gain by going against the grain, if the grain doesn't suit them.

Any action can benefit town or scum. It's a question of intent and belief. I don't believe Moon's reads changed that quickly and his intent appears to be to throw mud and see what sticks.

VOTE: Moon Caster
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (isolation #55) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:40 am

Post by Servant Saber »

VLA this weekend, with hopes to be back Monday
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (isolation #56) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Servant Saber »

@Archer, I think it's time to outright claim my NP given I won't likely be using it and it might explain the concern you had.

My NP is to shut down excessive stupid and pointless T v Ts by limiting the posting of one of the parties involved. Using it early ensures we get good focus and communication between town. It prevents scum from starting drama and trying to pin us against ourselves. Fighting amongst ourselves is how town lose games. I've seen it happen too many times over the years.

By the time my bar fills up, it's useless as the gamethrow would have already happened.

I felt it was my duty to act the way I did. Getting a cohesive, unassailable block is more important than 1 clear ever will be. I have a go to game for this proposition but proving it would hint at my identity.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (isolation #57) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:42 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 906, Servant Alter Ego wrote:...That was supposed to be the incredibly strong thing you wanted to be able to use?
Yes. I'd prove how effective language control can be but citing the best example would be cheating so instead I'll point you to almost every stump game and why they turn toxic.

Also look at the past iteration of this game, it was won based on impenetrable townblock not off 1 clear.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (isolation #58) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:52 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 908, Servant Berserker wrote:I’d argue this game is already heading that direction.
That's why I didn't fight much when the trend was heading towards you versus when asassin wanted it solely bc mechanics. At first, I suspected it was a scum push but the people pushing you (by and large) weren't that scummy. Scum could have resigned to a town master and wanted me as a miselimination or just hated my power. The latter is less true with lurkbaity scum.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (isolation #59) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:55 am

Post by Servant Saber »

My goal was to find out why you were being the master instead of fighting you. I haven't answered that yet and that's partially because I don't know if and how my forced crumbs were perceived and it's hard to ask people what they see is what I meant to convey without telling them what I meant to convey.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (isolation #60) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:34 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 958, Servant Lancer wrote:There is probably something significant about foreigner and saber both voting moon cancer and then both becoming the counterwagons to moon cancer but I don’t yet know what that means
Most likely that Moon Cancer is straight up scum.

I was hoping to find questions or things that would actually sort me. If I could claim my identity, people would see why my behaviors made sense. I feel that I am fighting with one hand tied behind my back since one of the FoSes on me was based on my identity.

I did accidently crumb my NP in a few places, but no one seems to doubt that. So providing that is just spam.

So shrug. I am going to brag a little instead. I self published a book. I don't believe I have mentioned this on MS so...

https://www.amazon.com/Mind-Walkers-Hel ... B084M83FTV

It's about a woman who finds a magical suit, gets abucted and winds up finding love with the enemy warrior princess.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (isolation #61) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Servant Saber »

Sorry been busy. Will try to catch up tonight. I'm demotivated a bit but still confident we can win.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (isolation #62) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1007, Servant Assassin wrote:I know I've basically thrown the kitchen sink here at Saber but I'm being as thorough as I can. And even still I'm not sure there isn't a better elimination option.
I'm not responding to the full ISO but I will comment in general that I have to have a certain amount of confidence, some would say arrogance, to make the play that I did. However, I have read up on the prior stump games and I know intimately what made them work and what makes them fail. That combined with the ability to silence scum/toxic players is a near guaranteed victory. The problem is I can't use my points of reference to prove these points without outing myself.

So when Berserker came in running for master and things seemed to coalesce around him, I felt compelled to sort that. That became doubly true when I had to decide to double down on fighting a scum master, fighting an anti-town master, or realize that I lost a political fight which I needed to win. If it was the latter, I had to back off for thread health or risk becoming the very thing that loses games. Ironically, I would have been a good use of my NP if that was the case.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (isolation #63) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1010, Servant Foreigner wrote:the only logical explanation for this gamestate is second game thread, where decisions are being made
someone like avenger should be at L-1 right now
Why Avenger?
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (isolation #64) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1015, Servant Caster wrote:It almost feels like Saber is trying to get townread by claiming a really useless and anti-town NP, I can't really understand how anyone would think this type of NP is strong?

If a TvT got toxic/heated we could just tell the two players to take a 24 hour break? Why would we even use an NP it's just kind of crazy.
You obviously have not seen game changing T v Ts or are pretending not to. Rarely do such players "take a break". They each have to have the last word. They drown out other posters in the game.

One of the most memorable was Civilization mafia which had hydra dissonance and T v Ts so bad scum won flawlessly.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (isolation #65) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1016, Servant Shielder wrote:
In post 984, Servant Beast wrote: @Shielder, okay.
:neutral:

I really like Assassin's analysis of Saber.
He didn't reach a conclusion on me though.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (isolation #66) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1020, Servant Ruler wrote:We should at the very least let saber claim who they are

/prod

Totally didn't spend the entire day doing life things
I'll fullclaim if Berserker determines it necessary, not before then. If that means I don't fullclaim, so be it. It's his town now.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (isolation #67) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1024, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 1021, Servant Assassin wrote:The last, and only, specific reason to scumread Alter came from post 238. I don't find it convincing. How has that read matured over time and what specific posts can you point to as to support your conclusions?
That read has not changed. It is fully based on the early posts on Alter Ego having more evasive words in their posts than any normal townie. And no post of Alter Ego after that time has caused me to reconsider.

I think we have gotten everything we could have before the first elimination. We should move on.
Why are you in such a hurry? Why are you supposing that you aren't getting eliminated? In these types of games, the stump rules. What we say is just advice.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (isolation #68) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1032, Servant Lancer wrote:I'm back here: VOTE: moon cancer

I think foreigner is town.

I think foreigner and saber both voting moon cancer and then both becoming counterwagons to moon cancer is probably town-indicative for them and scum-indicative for moon cancer, on average. (although saber could still be scum, I think moon cancer is most likely of the 3 to be scum regardless of saber's alignment). I thought saber's NP stuff was a bit oblivious and have no idea whether that's intentional or not, but on second thought I don't think I think it's inherently scummy.
I like this as its where I am at as well. Moon Caster's cavalierness (if that's a word) suggests a scumteam backing them.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (isolation #69) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1033, Servant Lancer wrote:updated-ish reads

our lord and savior: Berserker
probtown: Alter/Archer/Caster/Shielder/Rider/Ruler/Foreigner
null-ish: Assassin/Saber/Beast
probscum: Avenger/Moon Cancer
I'd move Ruler down to null, Avenger up to Null

But Beast Avenger Moon Caster Assassin doesn't feel like a scumteam so these are individual reads not team based.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (isolation #70) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1040, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I'm not interested in moving off Saber when they haven't really responded to the votes on them or being wagoned at all. Also, the narrative of them being a "counterwagon" to Moon Cancer doesn't really track - 3 of the voters on Saber were common ith the ones on Moon Cancer - Me, Lancer, and Rider.
That's pretty fair. I hadn't responded due to life and demotivation with this game. Either I lost it for us by losing master or I was largely irrelevant and an easy place to push.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (isolation #71) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1054, Servant Beast wrote:Is there some reason you're not responding to my posts but pretty much everyone else's? Is it not interesting or worth commenting on?
Both. Sorry.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (isolation #72) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1057, Servant Beast wrote:That's fine. I'm just wondering if you're working on false associations for later if you get flipped.
*shrug* That's putting the cart before the non-existent horse.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (isolation #73) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

I for one had a stack of work waiting for me. I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (isolation #74) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

Should I just claim then? I know I'm not L minus 1 but we are approaching the mid point.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (isolation #75) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:43 am

Post by Servant Saber »

Suzuka Gozen

Three times per game I can target someone. If they are male, I get to know whatever action they take towards me.

Two shot traffic analyst.

I can select a player to get a bonus NP point.

We already know my NP.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (isolation #76) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:45 am

Post by Servant Saber »

I picked Suzuka because she was hot.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (isolation #77) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:00 am

Post by Servant Saber »

VOTE: Avenger

Hijacking the thread when there's a uniform townblock is just a scumclaim. Scum want to take over against a unified town block unless they express doubt first.

I would want specific proof of him trying to save Moon Cancer before I determined that was the motive or not. I wouldn't need much given the optimal strategies I have laid out.

If there's some reward for doing the gladiate, it makes sense to target MC.

If there's a loyal/disloyal aspect, it also makes sense to target MC.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (isolation #78) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1147, Servant Lancer wrote:Avenger - You previously stated that if only you and saber had the same NP, that you would assume it would be one town and one scum, so saber should be near-confirmed scum to town!you now since no one else has claimed anything similar. Why would you ever gladiate someone else?
Maybe he thought that Berserker moving the lim away from me would look like scum trying to force it back.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (isolation #79) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:04 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1152, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 1129, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 1127, Servant Alter Ego wrote:100% scum based on...?
On that I'm right here.
I'm genieunly good with this, even more so when people use bullshit reasons to try and force a push.

And I can say that because if I flip scum it means fuck all.
If I flip town, then what I'm saying has merit.
So your "there is 100% scum between the two of us" is basically, you are really really sure of your read?

Jesus Christ.

You are so sure of your read that you decided to halt the plans for the entirety of the town.

I agree, even if you are town, this is the most anti-town play you could have made
This bullshit is why my NP is one of the most powerful in the game. If Avenger didn't have a gladiate, he'd spam out and demotivate the game. That has to be prevented.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (isolation #80) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Servant Saber »

@Lancer, That's proof enough for me.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (isolation #81) » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

I think Avenger recalling the gladiate after seeing that he was going to lose it is very NAI survivalist. He can't very well do his scum agenda and/or push his Foreigner scumread if he's dead. Foreigner resistance actually increased as a result of the play there. I'm not sure what Avenger's intention was with recalling it but that's my best guess.

Meanwhile, Moon Cancer is still scum.

VOTE: Moon Cancer
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1362 (isolation #82) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:20 am

Post by Servant Saber »

For Avenger, I would hammer it if the majority decides he's a distraction. It's ego centric but Avenger gains little from defending me. Pushing me and foreigner benefits him more.

The behavior Avenger did is disruptive and arrogant but I struggle to slight him for it as my play required its own arrogance.

I'm very disinclined to follow onto Foreigner though given the wagons pregladiate.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1369 (isolation #83) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:43 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1366, Servant Shielder wrote:Why did we have Saber claim their character name? Or did they do that on their own. This was not a good idea and wasn't necessary for the claim.
I did it on my own. I interpreted the request from Berserker as a full claim. Just seeing this tells me I forgot alignment stuff.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (isolation #84) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:46 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1367, Servant Alter Ego wrote:What's going to be more relevant is how people positioned themselves around Moon Cancer. Given the strength of his role I suspect that scumteam didn't want to lose him right away and that was why he was so difficult to flip.
I agree.

My current theory is that scum wanted to preserve all avaliable miseliminations for later.

1) I get threatened for being weird.
2) Foreigner for being new.
3) Avenger for arrogance.

They hammer Avenger for the gladiate. Then listen to his read on Foreigner. Then come after me.

It's a strong chain that might save Moon.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1377 (isolation #85) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:03 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1372, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 1301, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 1149, Servant Saber wrote:If there's some reward for doing the gladiate, it makes sense to target MC.

If there's a loyal/disloyal aspect, it also makes sense to target MC.
Can you clarify what you mean by this?
Sorry. I missed this.

I am not sure how it's unclear so forgive me if I don't make this clearer.

If Avenger got a bonus for gladiating, going with the consensus target makes sense.

If Avenger could tell the alignment of the target by the gladiate, it make sense to go with MC.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (isolation #86) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:39 am

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1381, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 1371, Servant Saber wrote:
In post 1367, Servant Alter Ego wrote:What's going to be more relevant is how people positioned themselves around Moon Cancer. Given the strength of his role I suspect that scumteam didn't want to lose him right away and that was why he was so difficult to flip.
I agree.

My current theory is that scum wanted to preserve all avaliable miseliminations for later.

1) I get threatened for being weird.
2) Foreigner for being new.
3) Avenger for arrogance.

They hammer Avenger for the gladiate. Then listen to his read on Foreigner. Then come after me.

It's a strong chain that might save Moon.
In post 1250, Cabd wrote:
With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to burn a servant.

Avenger (6): Lancer, Foreigner, Alter Ego, Saber, Archer, Caster
Foreigner (2): Ruler, Avenger

Deadline: (expired on 2021-07-12 00:17:51)

Page Usage: 20/42
Who are you implying is scum voting Avenger, then?
I didn't look at the votes with my theory. It could be non voters at the end looking to capitalize. There's no list there. Eliminate Saber and Foreigner bc my theory.

That leaves Lancer Alter Archer and Caster plus unvoters.

Caster felt the most subdued out of the four. So I guess them. When we get to emotional reading, I am garbage but I would suggest one of the four if not two.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1401 (isolation #87) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:00 am

Post by Servant Saber »

@Archer, I was spitballing a theory to get my reads put together. I need to clarify that to myself.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1605 (isolation #88) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

I'll be VLA until deadline so if I am the lim so be it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”