Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:34 am

Post by Cabd »

With 11 players alive, it will take 6 votes to burn a servant.

Deadline for Day 2 is set at: (expired on 2021-07-19 15:09:16)

Avenger (3): Beast, Rider, Caster
Foreigner (2): Avenger, Shielder

Page Usage: 13/33

Last edited by Cabd on Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 1974, Servant Beast wrote:I would like foreigner to full claim.

:neutral:
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

If i am forced to do then i will. Don't expect that i will nerf myself, because one person wish for it.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:03 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 1955, Servant Foreigner wrote:
In post 1947, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 1935, Servant Foreigner wrote:
In post 1930, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 1925, Servant Foreigner wrote:You are key to shielder alignment
Why would...you not watch shielder then?
As I said there are several players with the same odds to die but my role is the best used, if I find visiting players.
I am confused why you thought people would be visiting beast specifically. Can you explain your thinking again on why you chose him?
If you confirm beast then you also confirm shielder. You get two clears with one shot, the best way to use inv.
In post 1956, Servant Alter Ego wrote:...but you can't clear anyone with a watcher check. What are you even trying to say?
In post 1965, Servant Lancer wrote:Were you trying to clear Beast (as alter said, not sure how this is possible with a watcher shot) or find people who wanted to clear Beast? It really sounds like you’re scum who watched beast to find town investigatives, tbh
would like archer’s opinion on whether or not the “clear” exonerates foreigner.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Servant Archer »

idk man. I keep pinging back and forth

Passing a detective check from beast is a good look for him, especially if it turns out both kills came from the scum team -- but then 2 kills coming from the scum team in a game that is 10 v 4 seems strange to me -- but then no one is claiming a vig shot. So, idk

Foreigner claiming to watcher beast does not help him though. If anything, beast makes more sense to be targeted by a scum watcher then a town watcher, so then it comes down from to "did foreigner make a bad play, or is foreigner just scum here" -- and again, that is confusing

So, no he is not exonerated, but I guess I would say I went from "We should definitely yeet Foreigner today" to "I am very confused about Foreigner"
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:09 am

Post by Servant Berserker »

In post 1970, Servant Foreigner wrote:
In post 1968, Servant Berserker wrote:
In post 1960, Servant Foreigner wrote:I hope i stop receiving this stupid question bUt bEAsT wAsnT tHE mOsT liKeLy pLyARer tO dIe??? again
I don’t exactly buy that you thought all things were equal between potential kills
There are always fluctuations of thought that would make certain people slightly better or worse kills, and unless you’re extremely new I’d expect you to know that.
Soon i will curse you, get banned and still call it worth it for the way you treat me.
WTF?
I feel like I've been pretty chill, so this lash-out bothers me a bit
what's wrong with how I've treated you?
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:11 am

In post 1977, Servant Foreigner wrote:If i am forced to do then i will. Don't expect that i will nerf myself, because one person wish for it.
given the fact you're the leading wagon (unless Avenger somehow has more, I haven't explicitly kept count), it's probably advisable for you to do so.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 1979, Servant Archer wrote:idk man. I keep pinging back and forth

Passing a detective check from beast is a good look for him, especially if it turns out both kills came from the scum team -- but then 2 kills coming from the scum team in a game that is 10 v 4 seems strange to me -- but then no one is claiming a vig shot. So, idk

Foreigner claiming to watcher beast does not help him though. If anything, beast makes more sense to be targeted by a scum watcher then a town watcher, so then it comes down from to "did foreigner make a bad play, or is foreigner just scum here" -- and again, that is confusing

So, no he is not exonerated, but I guess I would say I went from "We should definitely yeet Foreigner today" to "I am very confused about Foreigner"
Yeah, I'd say I'm a little confused as well. Having played Watcher before, I guess I can see where someone might think there are too many potential choices for the scumteam to kill, or they're just not confident enough to go with a particular person, so they may want to just try and verify any visiting actions instead of wasting their shot. Especially since a lot of these abilities (at least from what I've seen) seem to be limited in usage. I guess here it just depends on who they think would have been the possible Night Kills.

The problem with the Beast investigation is that I can see the motivation coming from either alignment.

I'd say I've probably gone from "I'm fairly confident this isn't scum" to "yeah, idk, still not my preferred elimination for today."
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:04 pm

I can see thinking there's too many possible kills, I just have an issue with how that idea was expressed
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Servant Shielder »

In post 1979, Servant Archer wrote:idk man. I keep pinging back and forth

I agree with this

But also, the same for avenger and some weirdness around their miller claim today, and a general detachment from the game right now
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Servant Shielder »

In post 1983, Servant Berserker wrote:I can see thinking there's too many possible kills, I just have an issue with how that idea was expressed
Do you think having foreigner and avenger full claim minus character/ability name is a good idea?

Or just one/the other?
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:29 pm

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 1983, Servant Berserker wrote:I can see thinking there's too many possible kills, I just have an issue with how that idea was expressed
foreigner's gimmick of "deliberately be as confusing as humanly possible while loudly proclaiming that everyone should be townreading me" has gotten very old for me
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:23 am

Post by Servant Rider »

The more I think about it, the more I think Foreigner might actually be scum.

But then it's like, wtf was the scumteam doing on Day 1?
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:27 am

Post by Servant Rider »

Mechanically speaking though, Avenger is still the best elimination for today.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:47 am

VOTE: Foreigner
I would rather give those jerks a lesson then help them and get SR for literally anything i do.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:51 am

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

...Can you not do that if you're town? Just play the game.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:54 am

I really don't understand what's got you so upset as to selfvote.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Servant Rider »

And now I no longer care which one gets eliminated first.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:09 am

I would personally prefer for Foreigner to not throw a tantrum over getting scumread and actually respond to people. It's not like anyone is forcing them to be in this game. Just incredibly childish play right now.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:15 am

Right now I'm imagining Foreigner as a teenager locking themself in their room because their video games got taken away by their parents.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:19 am

Post by Servant Rider »

I went back through Foreigner's iso and haven't seen anything resembling game solving for today. I also feel very unenthused by the self-vote since Ruler already tried the same stunt on Day 1.

Anyhow, my sleep schedule is in chaos and I need to take a nap before work.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:33 am

In post 1985, Servant Shielder wrote:
Do you think having foreigner and avenger full claim minus character/ability name is a good idea?

Or just one/the other?
This would probably be the smart thing, based on how today has gone
In post 1995, Servant Rider wrote:I went back through Foreigner's iso and haven't seen anything resembling game solving for today. I also feel very unenthused by the self-vote since Ruler already tried the same stunt on Day 1.

Ruler also had the caveat of being someone who is very volatile when trying to defend townreads and coming up short, which resulted in the self-vote
Foreigner doesn't have any noble intentions behind theirs
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:57 am

Well, anyway, I got bored since the game is impossibly slow right now, so I went and reread some things.

@Avenger,
can you walk me through your trajectory on Saber? You went from initially not liking her for the master vote because "something seems off"...
In post 375, Servant Avenger wrote:VOTE: Berserker

Out of the 3 options I only like Beserker.
In post 434, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 418, Servant Assassin wrote:@Avenger, That is palpably not true. I see very little difference between this phase and a typical D1 of any game. In fact I'd argue the game rolls a bit faster here simply because of the unique mechanic. Please, pretend!
Okay, I think you're scum.
Gut feeling, hard to explain.

I like Beserkers posting, town minded.

Something seems off with Saber.

There you go.

The question is, is it actually better for scum if they hit their own in the master phase?
I doubt it. Having an additional person to decieve is a lot stronger. I wouldn't assume that the powers are of equal value to towns, with a great boost on a scum flip. It makes something that is easily manipulated into a strange reward on scum, rather than a balancing mechanism.
I also doubt that scum will be pushing their own without a larger majority pushing for a slot. Therefore if any of the 3 for masters flip scum I'm inclined to think its town voting there, or at least being vocal.

So you're right, I've mis spoken by saying RVS, but more like day 1 where its irrelevant to my thinking until I see information.
Or until I see something that I just don't like.

But come day 1, that feeling seemed to have disappeared, and instead you were resistant to the push on Saber based on her claim:
In post 954, Servant Avenger wrote:I'm not sure how I feel on Sabers claim as scummy here.
What's the thought of it being scummy? The fact Saber said it was powerful late game or because of the power?

If you don't believe that Saber thought it was a powerful role then why do they claim it here? Either Saber thinks its powerful as either align or keeps quiet if scum who doesn't think it's a powerful role.
In post 1039, Servant Avenger wrote:Let's put it this way though, how often are millers dealt with?
More than not. I personally think that the general meta should be Miller claims do not make MyLo unless confirmed town.
I also think that a vig should always shoot a miller claim regardless of what has happened. Therefore, it's actually a stupid play from scum to claim (hence why the meta should remain regardless).

I don't survive to end game, and I'm not going to be pushing back on that later.
I have 2 additional roles though, 1 is either for or against scum (and low key ironic for me to get), and 1 is anti scum in this setup.
Both of these are also provable, the first at any point in the day and the second at the end of the day.

Here's some food for thought though, and I've been thinking this over for the last day to if I should say or not, and I've decided I want to since Lancer and Foreigner are shading and most likely contain 1-2 scum.
In addition, my power up power thing is the same Sabres. Originally I read Sabres comment as it's better late game, and that is my view on it.
So my thoughts here are
A) if anyone else at all has this power, then its plausible to be town or at least irrelevant to thought right now and I think Sabre is town anyway.
B) if only me and Sabre have this power then it's likely 1 of us is scum and 1 of us is town. Obviously in this situation, I would claim the town.

If its A, I'm probably going to use my first power on Foreigner if the votes are not going there.
In post 1086, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 1043, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Why claim now? It's not like anyone was voting you.
Because there's a chance that me and Sabre are half matching and different alignment. That's why I want to know if even a single other person also has our power up thing.
If not, and it is only me and Sabre with it, I have more to offer that suggests Saber scum.
I do think it's most likely others with it too though, but if I'm wrong there then either me or Saber should be scum here.

I want to see what Saber full claims as well.

Me claiming what I have and advising I have other powers too isn't something I'm in worry about.
If I'm the scum NK, then it's a bonus. If I get to effectively use my powers, thats even better.
Or I'm just scum and this is all irrelevant.
In post 1150, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 1142, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 1104, Servant Lancer wrote:Avenger, no one else has claimed the same NP as you and saber. why are you not voting for saber? why would you gladiate foreigner and not saber?
Answer this too please.
I did answer.
I explained why I did this and why I'm not voting Sabre.

So, I have a couple questions based on this: why did Saber no longer seem "off" to you ater the Masterization phase? Why, if you thought Saber could be scum if it was only you two with the post restricting NP, did you decide to not wait until everyone had confirmed this, but instead gladiate Foreigner? Why did you not pressure or question Saber at all yourself? Further...
In post 1185, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 1169, Servant Lancer wrote:This has like, nothing to do with saber's play. Can you explain why the claim is strong enough to change your earlier view about there being 1 scum and 1 town in an NP pairing?
Because Saber has an anti scum power.
In post 1198, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 1191, Servant Lancer wrote:
In post 1185, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 1169, Servant Lancer wrote:This has like, nothing to do with saber's play. Can you explain why the claim is strong enough to change your earlier view about there being 1 scum and 1 town in an NP pairing?
Because Saber has an anti scum power.
Which of those abilities is anti-scum?
Giving NP power.
Scum having the power to give it to themselves is not happening.
Plus giving to anyone but the confirmed town is a scum claim, so it's a useless scum NP.
In post 1351, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 1342, Cabd wrote:Cursed Cupid Cleanser (C.C.C.) ~ **** ~ You may activate this Noble Phantasm during the day phase. When you do, you will grant * to all players you share a PT with, one per shared PT. You may additionally specify one of those players to be temporarily Macho for the night phase immediately after.
So this suggests that Saber is town even more so.
Otherwise it's strange for scum to be able to power each others NP like that.
I guess Moon's comes at a disadvantage of also buffing town players in a hood with them, but the macho part balances that out.
Why did you simply take her claim at face value? Why was this enough for you to change your read, irrespective of the rest of her play? What happened to your earlier skepticism of you having the same NP? I can't follow your thought process here at all. Can you walk me through it?
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:07 am

In post 1995, Servant Rider wrote:I went back through Foreigner's iso and haven't seen anything resembling game solving for today. I also feel very unenthused by the self-vote since Ruler already tried the same stunt on Day 1.

Solve? I get scumreads even for solving Cancer.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:10 am

In post 1859, Servant Archer wrote:Okay. Reasons I scum read foreigner (but I do not intend on doing an iso for links and such, just typing what I have been thinking)

Their day 0 play screamed scum to me. They seemed to be really tiptoeing around the decision, waiting to see which way the thread went before saying where they wanted to go. And when they did start sharing their thoughts, the way they appeared to be going about deciding who they wanted to get the master just did not seem very genuine.

I also feel like their moon caster vote could easily have been a bus vote (and think that the scum plan was for moon caster to be bussed), why I think this has already been talked about.

I also found it scummy the way that foreigner tried to get town cred for BOTH himself and for Saber following the Moon Caster flip. Like, as town, I get the motivation for trying to get your voice to be heard, but it seems really strange that he did not say "I caught Moon Cancer first" he instead said "me and Saber caught Moon Cancer first"

That last point is especially strange to me given the fact that prior to that point Foreigner had not been town reading Saber, and had at times made posts that looked like he was somewhat suspicious of them (which I now think were distancing posts)
I bet that after Avenger red flip, Archer will say that i am scum who was distancing.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”