abdbla, Malakittens
Takemikazuchi02 (2):
ItalianoVD, Val89
ItalianoVD (1):
Takemikazuchi02
Malakittens (1):
Asphodelus

With 9 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is April 24 at 6:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-04-24 18:00:00)
Last edited by catboi on Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:19 am

Post by furtiveglance »

For obvious reasons I'd rather be in there over Val. In terms of today's elimination I think abdbla has high scum potential, Italiano might give more info however. If I townread Italiano more I might even consider Take, but that might just be a waste as I see scum!Italiano more than scum!Take.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

@Bigterp
I can't comprehend how you think Val is town or how I'm being defensive.
Val's argument is complete trash and conveniently targeted at the two people at scumread him and me correcting him isn't defensiveness.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:33 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 376, furtiveglance wrote:For obvious reasons I'd rather be in there over Val. In terms of today's elimination I think abdbla has high scum potential, Italiano might give more info however. If I townread Italiano more I might even consider Take, but that might just be a waste as I see scum!Italiano more than scum!Take.
I don't disagree with any of this in regards to today's elimination. But I do find it interesting that you might consider Take after abdbla and Italiano when you just said the following to my scum(ish) read on Take....
In post 367, furtiveglance wrote:Disagree, I've gone back and forth but I land town with Take - especially as Val and Italiano are the ones hard pushing him.
Also this...........
In post 367, furtiveglance wrote:Val is your top townread. Are we playing the same game? Val has gone from coasting to peddling an Aspho/T02 solve which makes no sense to me. All of Val's latest posting is tunneling T02, he isn't commenting on most of the playerlist or explaining why he townreads literally everyone other than Aspho and T02 (apparently).
What happened between and that you went from reading Take as town and Val as scum, to considering Take for elim and not even mentioned Val for elim?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:35 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I never considered Take for an elim. I said if I townread Italiano I would consider Take. I'm between abdbla/Val/Italiano for the elim today.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:39 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

For those of that have subscribed to the premise, thank you for misrepping the entire reason behind why my play changed.

My play changed because I have to keep my ego in check very often. As I had mentioned in my iso it is hard sometimes to do that and every now and then something stupid will pop out.

The comment I made in was unneeded and one I hate personally. That’s why I walked it back in .

Had nothing to do with scum!me getting scared or whatever Abd tried to frame it as.

It was simple. I don’t like how I can be sometimes and I didn’t like that comment.

The other instance is that a comment I thought was directed at me (since it seemed like it was a response to and was in fact not directed at me and I acknowledged it in and and again in . I said I’d remove it out of the list on things I scumread him for, for the interaction Take had with
me
, but not out of the list of interactions Take had with the playerlist, since that comment was directed at TTTT.

Nothing else has changed. I still believe Take is scum. I
did
use a reaction test with both him and Corn and I feel Take failed. I’m thinking Corn is probably town, however, what I can’t get out of my head is that if Corn is scum and somehow Take is town, scum!Corn agreed about Take’s change in behavior as a way to pocket me and agree with me to possibly miselim Take.

But to me, the change in Take’s attitude is of heavier weight than the possibility of scum!Corn and that’s what I’m going with.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:41 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 377, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Bigterp
I can't comprehend how you think Val is town or how I'm being defensive.
Val's argument is complete trash and conveniently targeted at the two people at scumread him and me correcting him isn't defensiveness.
I disagree that Val's argument is trash. And I see your responses as highly defensive, not corrective. Just like in the early game. Like I already said, maybe it's just your play style, but it sticks out as scummy to me.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:41 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

I believe Abd or Aspho is probably scum. And if I was wrong about Take then I think that’s the partnership.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:47 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 379, furtiveglance wrote:I never considered Take for an elim. I said if I townread Italiano I would consider Take. I'm between abdbla/Val/Italiano for the elim today.
It's just a weird thing to even bring up Take and say
"If I townread Italiano more I might even consider Take, but that might just be a waste as I see scum!Italiano more than scum!Take."
when you literally just disagreed with my scum(ish) read on Take. If you've got Take as a town read, why even bring them up in this scenario? Which is discussing today's elim.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:48 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 382, ItalianoVD wrote:I believe Abd or Aspho is probably scum. And if I was wrong about Take then I think that’s the partnership.
Take abdbla to E-1 and lets see what happens.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:50 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I have Take as a null read. Italiano is scummier. It's game strategy - sometimes you vote with a player who is hard pushing someone else.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:50 am

In post 381, BigTerp wrote: I disagree that Val's argument is trash.
Then explain.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:50 am

Post by furtiveglance »

But that was a hypothetical. Why did I bring it up? I'm just explaining my thought process
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:56 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 385, furtiveglance wrote:I have Take as a null read. Italiano is scummier. It's game strategy - sometimes you vote with a player who is hard pushing someone else.
Town +1
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 367, furtiveglance wrote:Val is your top townread. Are we playing the same game?
Listen, I've been trying my hardest, when considering your slot and in particular how you approaching mine to remember the circumstances of our last game together, and consider how that might tempt you to view me in most uncharitable light possible, perhaps even unconsciously.

I say this because I have a decent recent to townread you, relating to your actions when Italiano was at E-1 - You posted a few times in the window he was sat in hammer range, and I think scum!you, with said experience of our previous game, and having the perfect excuse to do so given your reads - would have taken that opportunity to force a claim. I also have some symphony for the way you've approached Italiano in general, since I recall how in my first games I took a refusal to elaborate as scummy and it took a few games outside the newbie queue to see how common such an approach is amongst players of a certain vintage regardless of alignment.

I say this, not only to put the reasons for my townread on record, on account of your complaint, but also because your read on T02 makes clear you are allowing your distrust of my slot to affect your read there in a way that is obviously, from my point of view knowing my own alignment, going to cause issues for town.
In post 265, furtiveglance wrote:Val89: Val was scum in 2088, and largely inactive that game. His play this game feels similar post-count wise, and I don't like that what he has said is mostly strategy, apart from an omgus vote on Aspho.
I'll start with this, because looking back, the basis for your 'null/scumlean' here is factually incorrect. Feel free to look at my ISO again prior to 265 and count the number of times I gave strategy advice, because unless we have different definitions of what that means, I count precisely zero. I would also take the opportunity to recheck the votes and the order they came in before categorizing my vote on Aspho as 'omgus'. I also think the level of objection you are raising to other players townreading me is over and above that of null/scumlean, and in-and-of-itself evidence you are allowing our previous one on one to taint this game.

I might be wasting my time here, but it's worth a short, because I would really like to flip T02 today. I'm highly confident that will result in a red flip, and perhaps that will knock you out of this in itself; and if your unwarranted distrust of me is part of what is standing in the way of that, that's an issue.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:02 am

In post 389, Val89 wrote: I say this, not only to put the reasons for my townread on record, on account of your complaint, but also because your read on T02 makes clear you are allowing your distrust of my slot to affect your read there in a way that is obviously, from my point of view knowing my own alignment, going to cause issues for town.
Yeah that's why and not because your argument for tunneling me sucks or how you've playing playing textbook mafia play. :facepalm:
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:12 am

Post by Val89 »

TIL there is such a thing as "textbook mafia play". That's sure going to be helpful in future games. Maybe you could write a wiki article on it post-game?

I appreciate that going on the offensive is the obvious and attractive thing to do, and the game plan of being toxic to anyone who dares express any doubt about you in the hope of discouraging others from also doing so might seem like it would advance your wincon, but I promise you, it doesn't, it just makes you unfun to play with.

I think you are scum, but even if I didn't, I would be prepared to policy lim you for the health of the game at this point.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:20 am

I've been civil with you but look at you changing the goalpost again.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Val89 »

In what way am I "changing the goalposts", and when did I do so previously that makes you say
again
?
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:26 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 386, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
In post 381, BigTerp wrote: I disagree that Val's argument is trash.
Then explain.
Val gave, what I thought, to be a reasonable explanation as to your frustration and overall defensive type posts early on. Something I even mentioned myself. So Val's thought process there isn't exactly the polar opposite of mine.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:52 am

@Bigterp
Val's argument was that was I threated by the newbscum greeting "tell", then it changed to me lying about last game(not true) and then it changed again to me being toxic and should be policy eliminated.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:57 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Val. It's not 'factually incorrect' that a lot of your posts have been strategy or otherwise not pertinent to other players.

is a bit of speculation on Take/TTTT interaction, followed by discussion of the dreaded 'greeting tell'.

is again about 'tells' and meta.

is about the tell discussion in this game.

Since then you've been insanely confident on an Aspho/Take solve, without sufficient reason in my opinion.

As for the vote on Aspho being an omgus, she voted you in . You voted her in .
That's what an omgus vote is.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:22 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 395, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Bigterp
Val's argument was that was I threated by the newbscum greeting "tell", then it changed to me lying about last game(not true) and then it changed again to me being toxic and should be policy eliminated.
In post 396, furtiveglance wrote:Val. It's not 'factually incorrect' that a lot of your posts have been strategy or otherwise not pertinent to other players.

is a bit of speculation on Take/TTTT interaction, followed by discussion of the dreaded 'greeting tell'.

is again about 'tells' and meta.

is about the tell discussion in this game.

Since then you've been insanely confident on an Aspho/Take solve, without sufficient reason in my opinion.

As for the vote on Aspho being an omgus, she voted you in . You voted her in .
@Takemikazuchi02
- Fair enough. Yourself and Furtive have given enough evidence for me to go back and go through the thread again as well as Val's ISO to see what I might be missing.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Val89 »

All 3 of those "tell" posts you indicate are specifically directed at explaining why I brought that up, and why I considered the matter pertinent only to TTTTs alignment and explicitly NOT "strategy" or otherwise not pertinent to other players - you even mention the players to which they relate and indicate "in this game" in your post! Can you honestly not see how that is contradictory?
In post 396, furtiveglance wrote:As for the vote on Aspho being an omgus, she voted you in 194. You voted her in 231.
It isn't. Rather than explain, allow me a simple demonstration.

VOTE: Furtiveglance.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:25 am

Post by Val89 »

Is any vote you may subsequent lay on my slot to be considered OMGUS from now on?

VOTE: Takemikazuchi02

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”