Open 862: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:59 am

Post by Somnus »

Hello, I enjoy the taste of human flesh and blood! Who are
we
THE MAFIA sacrificing this fine day?

I will be voting for the last person to join the game.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:00 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 9, Alianna wrote:Dang it, VT again.
For many reasons, I don't believe you.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:02 am

Post by Somnus »

How dare you.

VOTE: Penguin
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:03 am

Post by Somnus »

More, plz.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 18, Alianna wrote:
In post 13, Somnus wrote:
In post 9, Alianna wrote:Dang it, VT again.
For many reasons, I don't believe you.
Many reasons?

VOTE: Somnus
Are we finally town together or nah?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:07 am

Post by Somnus »

Nooooo I'm a masochist. Put that vote back on me. I dare you.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:11 am

Post by Somnus »

See? Penguin has the right idea. Quitter.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:37 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 28, Bellaphant wrote:VOTE: bbt

Apparently one of has to be mafia now

Oh NOW she's willing to vote him immediately.

Sorry, couldn't help it, Bella :lol:
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:08 am

Post by Somnus »

Hello. Please tell me why you would take that seriously and why it would have any less merit than any other RVS vote.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:12 am

Post by Somnus »

That's sweet. I feel pocketed already but I'm a sucker for compliments.

I still will be voting for the last person to join the game. It probably won't mean much though, and even less now that I've explained it. But I'm a man of my word.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 38, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It's Enchant.

Likely a fake claim.

I don't particularly like it.

VOTE: Enchant
In post 40, Alianna wrote:Well, I'm a sheep so...

I don't put much stock in a page 2 claim, especially in this setup, but why would this be scum indicative? Like, is the thought that Enchant decided to fake-claim as mafia here thinking we'd all keep him around just for his alleged Night 5 result? I'm not being snarky here. I'm genuinely curious.

I meant to do my homework and look at if this is the kind of setup where mass-claim even matters at some point or if Day 1/2 PRs are considered more valuable than 4/5, but Youtube was beckoning and 1 video led to 14 and here we are.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 39, Not_Mafia wrote:Hello friends :] New and old :] Let’s embrace the spirit of co-operation and work together :] I can’t wait to weed out the the 3 traitors among us :] Hopefully nobody comes out of a vent and we can have a victory royale :lol: as :D the kids say :] Don’t worry there won’t be any hard feelings :] I know it’s just your role PM making you betray us :] Afterwards I’m sure you can rejoin our little community for afternoon tea :] Most importantly let’s all be respectful and have FUN! :P :P :) :P :D
I'm absolutely heart-broken. I was expecting to be called a clodpole and I got this instead.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 50, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Somnus, imagine there was an actual N5 Cop, how do you suspect that goes?

More so if that someone is not familiar with Enchant. N5 is a strange choice as scum I guess, but still, I don't particularly like it.
I mean, yeah, if a Night 5 cop survived to Night 5 to use their power, they would become the most important PR in the game. I think the fact that the game isn't guaranteed to get to a Day 6, as well as the fact that it would require ridiculous amounts of scum incompetence or a whole bunch of doctor saves in a row to even get a N5 Cop to that point, makes it a pretty ineffective role.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 63, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 45, Somnus wrote:
In post 38, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It's Enchant.

Likely a fake claim.

I don't particularly like it.

In post 40, Alianna wrote:Well, I'm a sheep so...

I don't put much stock in a page 2 claim, especially in this setup, but why would this be scum indicative? Like, is the thought that Enchant decided to fake-claim as mafia here thinking we'd all keep him around just for his alleged Night 5 result? I'm not being snarky here. I'm genuinely curious.

I meant to do my homework and look at if this is the kind of setup where mass-claim even matters at some point or if Day 1/2 PRs are considered more valuable than 4/5, but Youtube was beckoning and 1 video led to 14 and here we are.
I think d2 massclaim is rather common and I don't think it's that bad
Good to know. Sometime within the next couple days, I want to take a quick skim through a handful of the previous games in this setup. I wasn't sure if this is one of those setups where mass-claim at some point tends to give town an advantage.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Somnus »

I'm going to put my neck out on the line already and say this wagon is a bad idea. To the few of you who were just in Deputy Cultists, Enchant claimed his PR role on Day 1 in that game as well. Granted, it was known that there was exactly one Day 4 Governor, so it's not the exact same situation. But I'm hard opposed to this already.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Somnus »

He could, sure. And we're probably treading into the deep waters of WIFOM and without knowing the ins and outs of how this setup tends to play out, my gut tells me that claiming on page 2 probably wasn't the best idea.

But since he did, does claiming Night 5 Cop as mafia seem like a +EV play here? Do you think he discussed this in a PT with 2 hypothetically buddies pre-game as a good idea or just decided to like...wing it as mafia out of boredom as soon as the game started?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:37 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 75, Something_Smart wrote:
Fun Times (Nancy Drew 39 & Andante) replaces NDEnigma.
Was actually looking forward to playing with a former scum-buddy of mine. Oh well :lol:
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 80, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 72, Somnus wrote:He could, sure. And we're probably treading into the deep waters of WIFOM and without knowing the ins and outs of how this setup tends to play out, my gut tells me that claiming on page 2 probably wasn't the best idea.

But since he did, does claiming Night 5 Cop as mafia seem like a +EV play here? Do you think he discussed this in a PT with 2 hypothetically buddies pre-game as a good idea or just decided to like...wing it as mafia out of boredom as soon as the game started?
I think claiming early in that manner was an anti-town act that i expect town to be more careful about. That’s all.
I agree and I don't think it was a good idea (again, not familiar with the history of how this setup tends to play out). But I think it's a far worse play as mafia.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 86, Bellaphant wrote:Hi and-ancy!

@somnus, is it? Generally yes, but this enchant, day one elim bait...so even people processing it and saying 'eh let's leave this a day ' is a net positive for scum.
I guess? I mean, there's multiple cops that could check him. I wouldn't want multiple cops wasting their 1-shot on it though.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:20 pm

Post by Somnus »

Ehhhh...I’m not getting back to sleep. I’m caught up but feel like I need to re-read the last 5-6 pages because it’s all kind of mushing together for me right now. Will have more later when I’m not on mobile.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:50 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 324, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I want you to be town, but like… it’s like you feel 2 townie 2 b town.
How do you think people should read you? Do you think you behave an certain way as scum?
Are you normally this skeptical of people you're hard town-reading? I see "too scummy to be scum" thrown around on this site way too much, but I don't think I've ever heard of "too townie to be town".
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:02 pm

Post by Somnus »

Agree that her ISO doesn't look great. I have some conflicting thoughts on this and want to see how it plays out. Not really concerned if this puts me under the radar or if some of these thoughts are admittedly bad, but here's where I'm at with her:

1.) I'm really careful about scum-reading someone just for making some jokey posts in the early phases of a game. I actually enjoy when people are light-hearted in games to make it not such a serious slog 24/7. That's why even though Not_Mafia is kind of a pain in the ass to get serious thoughts out of, I enjoy having people like him in the game.

2.) It's no secret that Alianna is one of my favorite people on the site. We've played a couple games together and spectated a couple of games together. I'm only in this game because she dragged me into it. I wasn't super into this setup and thought it looked insanely town-sided (although, according to the wiki, mafia is actually ahead of town in this setup, although it was last edited in 2018). This is an objectively terrible reason, admittedly, but I'm going to feel really really bad if less than 24 hours into this game, I bandwagon her off and she flips town. I'm not saying I'm unwilling to vote there today, but I'm not willing to pile on and get her speed-voted out of this game right away. I want to see how things play out with her now that she has a wagon forming on her first. If this makes me look bad, so be it. I'm not concerned with how I look.

3.) Even though I'm quite familiar with her play, she's never rolled scum on this site. All of her games have been town. When we've played together, I've never had to legit read her, because both times, I was scum and she was town. So yes, I'm going to be a little patient here in trying to determine her alignment. I'm not dodging the situation. I'm approaching it carefully for the time being.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:09 pm

Post by Somnus »

Hilariously, the two slots I don't see myself voting today so far are the two that have been deemed "low-hanging fruit". I think Enchant is town and for reasons that I'd rather not point out yet that may also be terrible, I think Not_Mafia is town (I'm not opposed to a cop check here at some point though).
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:11 pm

Post by Somnus »

Not particularly, no.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:14 pm

Post by Somnus »

There isn't a deep reason. I pointed it out because I'm aware that they're both probably unpopular takes, and a lot of people scum-hunt under what I deem to be a faulty approach of, "This player agrees with me, therefore they are town."
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:31 pm

Post by Somnus »

NorwegianboyEE wrote:Oh it's not the end of the world.

(Idk why, but i almost always feel tranquil and relaxed when i'm scum. It's like nothing get's to me. Big advice if you ever want to catch scum!me.)

NorwegianboyEE wrote:It's like a great friend of me once said, it's not about what scum!Norwee does. It's about what he doesn't do.
I read Open 833 (Twin Trap) about a month ago. I'm going here for the time being and would like to see some thoughts on this player (who was correct in that I have a likeable face!).

VOTE: NorwegianboyEE
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:32 pm

Post by Somnus »

And Penguin, besides noting that Not_Mafia is playing a very different style than I think we were all expecting, where are you at with regards to some of the other players in the game?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Somnus »

BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Somnus and Gamma would be great cop checks.

Protect myself or Fun times if Docs.

Thanks.
Lord, I hope if there was a Night 1 Doctor, they didn't waste it here. And if you are even town in this game, why on flat Earth would mafia target you? You've been an asset to mafia so far. Do you consider yourself widely town-read in this game for some reason? The lack of self-awareness here is stunning.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (isolation #28) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:27 am

Post by Somnus »

If I were a Night 1 Doctor, you know who I'm protecting?
Ausuka wrote:On an Ali scumflip my current reads are
Bella, Gamma, froggo, Enchant are all townreads
fun times, bbt (I don't see them as partners) are also pretty likely to be town
Norway, NM, and goldish could go either way
Somnus and PP should be under suspicion
Ausuka wrote:I think 333 feels like a partner post, particularly considering the precondition of "these thoughts might be bad" and the emphasis on his personal relationship with her. It's like Somnus wants to push back against the pressure but is somewhat afraid to do so.
Ausuka wrote:
In post 333, Somnus wrote:I want to see how things play out with her now that she has a wagon forming on her first. If this makes me look bad, so be it. I'm not concerned with how I look.
Like the way he's so focused on how resisting the wagon would make him look is really bad imo

If I die get this guy d2 :up:

This person who clowned themselves far too badly during Night 1 twilight to ever be mafia.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #29) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:29 am

Post by Somnus »

Don't really care about your feelings and the context is literally the last posts of Day 1.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #30) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:35 am

Post by Somnus »

Couldn't care less whether you defend me or not.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (isolation #31) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by Somnus »

Ehhhh....I can't really deal with this right now and I'm on a couple hours of sleep. But I'm just going to point out to Goldfish that I've read Democrabilities (including the mafia PT thread) so I'm kind of at a quandary here as far as how to proceed with you.

(Glad you're here though regardless.)
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (isolation #32) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:08 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 681, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 673, Somnus wrote:Ehhhh....I can't really deal with this right now and I'm on a couple hours of sleep. But I'm just going to point out to Goldfish that I've read Democrabilities (including the mafia PT thread) so I'm kind of at a quandary here as far as how to proceed with you.

(Glad you're here though regardless.)
Ehehehe I had fun in Democrabilities. I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me lol. Please rest assured that I'm not scum this time..... or am I??
Also how do you find the time to read literally every single game on this site? I don't understand it.
I mostly stick to reading Newbies and Opens. I skim mini normals. I usually don't bother to read theme games or any larges in general. But I digress.

Still putting a pin in this questionable discovery for a later gameday.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (isolation #33) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by Somnus »

It's more the odds that you ended up a Night 1 cop and investigated me when I was largely town-read except by Asuka, who was only scum-reading me because they prematurely decided Alianna was absolutely going to flip red and that I somehow must have been Alianna's scum-partner who was terrified to vote her off less than 24 hours into the game. A ridiculous conclusion on their part, but it happened.

And the fact that by your own admission in a game just a couple of months ago, this is the EXACT kind of gambit that you like to do as mafia. If anyone else in this game were making this claim, I'm not saying I'd lock-town them, but I'd be a lot less skeptical. And it seems to be a common play by scum from what little research I've done on the setup. So like...yeah I don't know how to approach this at the moment. Probably not something I'm going to explore too heavily right this moment, but it's alarming to me.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:46 pm

Post by Somnus »

And if both you and Enchant are truthful in your claims, there's 2 dead cops and 2 outed cops with zero guilties, and the game practically just started, even though we're in Day 2. So that's wonderful.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by Somnus »

Disagree. It's the same kind of gambit, but different scenarios. In Democrabilities, that was entering eLo. Here, it would be a disaster for you if your partner went down (or you somehow did) in a game where town is seemingly and happily trying to speedrun a loss as quick as possible.

I have to ask: how much of the game had you read when you decided you were going to investigate me?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (isolation #36) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:52 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 749, froggodoggo wrote:
In post 330, Somnus wrote:
In post 324, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I want you to be town, but like… it’s like you feel 2 townie 2 b town.
How do you think people should read you? Do you think you behave an certain way as scum?
Are you normally this skeptical of people you're hard town-reading? I see "too scummy to be scum" thrown around on this site way too much, but I don't think I've ever heard of "too townie to be town".
what were u looking for from this post? you vote norwee soon after anyways without them responding to it
I didn't have a pre-conceived answer I was looking for. I've had weird vibes from that slot since the start of the game, and it has nothing to do with RP'ing a character. Whether I got an immediate answer from it or not had no bearing on whether I felt it was appropriate to put out an early-game vote on a slot that I wasn't (and still aren't) town-reading.
In post 750, froggodoggo wrote:not getting much else from d1 other than somnus & enchant both have weird votes that were off-wagon and that BBT mightve said the thing abt the docs to guarantee a kill on ausuka
What makes it a weird vote? The fact that it wasn't automatically on the leading wagon that ended up flipping town barely 24 hours into the game?

Any thoughts on Somnus/Goldfish or no? Seems like only a couple of people have either even noticed or acknowledged Goldfish' entrance into the game.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (isolation #37) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:54 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 774, froggodoggo wrote:
In post 766, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 748, froggodoggo wrote:
In post 234, Not_Mafia wrote:It's a bit early to be forming definitive opinions don't you think
when is this happening?
Wut :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
i'm asking you to give reads and push stuff instead of constantly shading me and making snarky comments. i saw one post from you with actual reads on people and i want more. with the amount of things you comment on ur clearly reading this game so what gives?
I do kind of agree with this though. Not_Mafia has been active and is clearly making observations, but virtually all of it just feels like casting 1-liners/shade and then moving on to the next person. Just kind of circling around to everyone (except maybe myself?), rinse, and repeat.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (isolation #38) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Somnus »

I did want to give Goldfish some time to catch up and give some thoughts on other players in the game as well. I've played with her a couple of times before, and there's a pretty drastic timezone difference between her and I.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (isolation #39) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 793, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also did another cop claim happen today beyond Goldfish or did I dream that up?
Just Goldfish today and Enchant at the start of the game.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (isolation #40) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 812, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 786, Somnus wrote:I've had weird vibes from that slot since the start of the game, and it has nothing to do with RP'ing a character.
What do you want from me?
:(

I have prepared a thought-dump for you. I don't expect answers/reactions to most of these. It's mostly just in response to this so that you don't feel like I'm avoiding this. Stand by.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (isolation #41) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:07 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 32, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 12, Somnus wrote:I will be voting for the last person to join the game.
Please give me the exposition as to why this is your primary mode of conduct.
Mentioned it already, but this feels weird to me and feels like you're trying to look like you're solving without actually doing so. We were in that gross RVS stage of the game and you were fully aware of that so like...why is this a concern?

In post 64, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 36, Enchant wrote:Because it's unlikely i live long anyway, i hardclaim N5 Cop.
The early claim get’s the early lim :good:
Why?
In post 80, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 72, Somnus wrote:He could, sure. And we're probably treading into the deep waters of WIFOM and without knowing the ins and outs of how this setup tends to play out, my gut tells me that claiming on page 2 probably wasn't the best idea.

I think claiming early in that manner was an anti-town act that i expect town to be more careful about. That’s all.
I agree. It's not beneficial to town. But is it more likely to come from mafia or town?

In post 85, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Now Enchant is visibly struggling with the deep philosophy of making an "good post" in a game of mafia. An thought resurfacing from the entrenched depths of an scum mindset for sure.
This feels like a reach.

In post 114, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 102, Fun Times wrote:
In post 36, Enchant wrote:Because it's unlikely i live long anyway, i hardclaim N5 Cop.
Why would you do this?

~Nancy
Noting this for later.
I may have missed it, but did you elaborate on this in regards to Nancy?

In post 174, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Hmm somehow my intuition is telling me that maybe Enchant isn't scum.
How? What changed here?

In post 184, NorwegianboyEE wrote:What if i use humour to cope the fact that i rolled scum.
Indeed. What if?
In post 244, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 242, froggodoggo wrote:
In post 240, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 195, froggodoggo wrote:i think somnus' reaction to norwee's question on an early page was townie. altho not a fan of norwee not pushing for a response. norwee can u tell me what thats about? 33 and 34
I don't know what you mean.
somnus didnt really answer ur question and u didnt seem to mind
Oh, yeah i know they avoided the question. But i didn't feel like being an pushy ass so early in the game.
To both you and Frog: How did I avoid answering the question? My response in the form of a question was clearly pointing out that people were doing the usual dumb RVS thing. How would "voting for the last person to join the game" be a vote with any less merit than a random RVS vote? This feels extremely disingenuous...like you're doing me a favor by not pushing me on this or something while still pointing out, "Yeah, weird that he avoided the question" (which I clearly didn't).

In post 323, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Ausuka are you always this smooth talking.
:?
I still don't get the "2 townie 2 b town" thing. Tin-foil hat theory: this is the kind of thing you say to someone so that later, you can go, "Why would I possibly have night-killed them???"

In post 344, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 341, Somnus wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:Oh it's not the end of the world.

(Idk why, but i almost always feel tranquil and relaxed when i'm scum. It's like nothing get's to me. Big advice if you ever want to catch scum!me.)

NorwegianboyEE wrote:It's like a great friend of me once said, it's not about what scum!Norwee does. It's about what he doesn't do.
I read Open 833 (Twin Trap) about a month ago. I'm going here for the time being and would like to see some thoughts on this player (who was correct in that I have a likeable face!).

VOTE: NorwegianboyEE
Ohh i like that you read an previous game to get an better read on me.
Somnus likely town.
I didn't read the game to get a better read on you. As I said, I read the game a month ago. I've also read Newbie 2089 as it was ongoing. I don't recognize the person from that game at all at this point. Not going to go hardcore into meta stuff because it's MOSTLY whatever, but worth noting regardless. I see a lot more similarities to the Twin Trap-you than the Newbie 2089-you.

In post 345, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 329, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hey there, Norwegian.

I am going to need your vote on the Alianna wagon my friend. How about it?
Ok
VOTE: Alianna
This isn't a bad vote considering what Alianna had done up to this point (and after), but why?

In post 530, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 529, Enchant wrote:Also i was right hahahahahahahahah i am smarter than half of town hahahhahgahahah
You didn't exactly do much to save them.
I even asked you why they were town and you just left.
This is fair.

In post 626, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 622, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm honestly probably embellishing my confidence a bit but I still think the most confident pushes on Alianna were probably all town-motivated and that includes Andante
Alright.
Anyway your arguments on me are very tunneling in nature so i don’t think there will be anything to gain from being on you at this moment.

VOTE: N_M
Their posts today are really lacking self-awareness. I doubt they don’t know that Alianna flipped town.
So is your vote on Gamma in Day 2 to gain information or is it an actual scum-read? If it's an actual scum-read, this doesn't seem like a valid reason to change your vote.

In post 738, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 662, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:I'm a night 1 cop, Somnus is town
Why did you claim your result so early?
I'd like to know this as well. I mean, she did answer it during the very very brief window that she's actually been here and participating in the game, but so far I have not even remotely appreciated how the cops/cop claims have played in this game whatsoever, and it feels like town has willingly pissed away their most useful abilities to solve this game already.

In post 823, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think mechanically, the argument to lim Goldfish is sound.
If they are mafia then that's a win.
If they are town that's unfortunate because we didn't hit scum, but they are town that already had an check. Meaning we won't lose any more town power. And if we have N2 doctor they can protect an confirmed town!Somnus that night. And even if we don't have an doctor for that night, mafia doesn't know that. So Somnus would likely not die anyway since any doctor worth their salt should be protecting our only conf!town in that instance.
I'm certainly not town-reading Goldfish for a variety of reasons thus far, but I'm not willing to make this leap already.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (isolation #42) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 845, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 844, Somnus wrote:
In post 812, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 786, Somnus wrote:I've had weird vibes from that slot since the start of the game, and it has nothing to do with RP'ing a character.
What do you want from me?
:(

I have prepared a thought-dump for you. I don't expect answers/reactions to most of these. It's mostly just in response to this so that you don't feel like I'm avoiding this. Stand by.
What is it about me that causes such extreme interest as to create thought dumps? (Internal monologue, you may ignore this)

By the way i feel much more healthy than i did earlier so i can finally play this more like i want to!

My interest is that you're a scum-read. It doesn't go beyond that. I can't really get much out of some of the other players who I'm not town-reading, so at the very least, I appreciate that you're involved in the game and I'm glad you're feeling better.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (isolation #43) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:06 am

Post by Somnus »

Not rhetorical or aimed at anyone in particular: Does this game feel like the scum team is largely absent, particularly in Day 2, or no?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (isolation #44) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Somnus »

I'm kinda having a hard time getting back into the game at the moment. I'm here and I'm reading. I'm just kind of at a loss right now. Part of it is stuff I'm dealing with, part of it is that I haven't been particularly interested in the Enchant vs. Norwee or Fun Times vs. BlueBlood shit-throwing, and part of it is that there's several players who I don't have the slightest clue where they stand or what any of their reads are. Part of that is from a slot replacement, part of it is from a slot that made a brief cameo in this game, declared an innocent check on me, and then bailed, and part of it is none of the above.

Not_Mafia: You've made a lot of quick, 1-line observations, but I can't tell who you town-read and who you scum-read.

Enchant: When you return from your 24 hour hiatus, can you elaborate on your scum-read of Norwegian? Like, yeah I know, anime avatar. But what else?

Penguin: Aside from the jake vote I guess I need to go back through your ISO later tonight before I go to bed. I know there was the post about Norwegian/BlueBlood about meta a while back. I know you've had opinions. I guess I'm just hoping you can elaborate on some of them more.

Sorry. Tired and haven't been sleeping well.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (isolation #45) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 1091, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1071, Somnus wrote:Not_Mafia: You've made a lot of quick, 1-line observations, but I can't tell who you town-read and who you scum-read.
I scumread Froggo slot :wink: I'd think that was obvious :lol:

Nooooooo be nice! I’m on very little sleep!!! :eek: :eek: :oops: :neutral: :? :cry: :cop: :oops:
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (isolation #46) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 12, Somnus wrote:Hello, I enjoy the taste of human flesh and blood! Who are
we
THE MAFIA sacrificing this fine day?

I will be voting for the last person to join the game.
In post 35, Somnus wrote:That's sweet. I feel pocketed already but I'm a sucker for compliments.

I still will be voting for the last person to join the game. It probably won't mean much though, and even less now that I've explained it. But I'm a man of my word.
Better get this out of the way real quick while I still have the chance.

VOTE: Goldfish
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (isolation #47) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by Somnus »

Ok. I feel better now.

UNVOTE: Goldfish
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (isolation #48) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:42 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 1108, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1106, Somnus wrote:Ok. I feel better now.

UNVOTE: Goldfish
glad we don't have to lim you for being a liar.
Yeah. I'd rather we find other reasons to lim me.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (isolation #49) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Somnus »

Not much to go by so far. I wasn't really town-reading Froggo. I've never replaced into a game, but kinda weird to ISO your own slot first but it's kind of whatever to me. I want to hear his reads after he's finished catching up.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (isolation #50) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Somnus »

Could be a few reasons. I don't know what I'd do if I replaced into a game. ISO'ing myself probably wouldn't be my go-to. I dunno that that's a very strong "gotcha" against someone though. Maybe? I'd probably just read the whole thread from the start because I'm that weirdo.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (isolation #51) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by Somnus »

Yeah I suppose.

1.)It's a game with a lot of cops and doctors. Could be checking to see if there was a check his predecessor had made (if he had a night 1 role) rather than assuming people would have informed him of such a thing when he replaced in.

2.) Maybe he just has a weird style of approaching the game, particularly as a replace in?

3.) Wanted to first understand why his predecessor had votes on them before catching up?

I don't know. I'm not really interested in, nor have a reason in defending him. He just replaced in and assuming he's caught up tomorrow, I'd like to hear his reads.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (isolation #52) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by Somnus »

I'm not his speaker and I'm not interested in defending him. In a game where people are being as cryptic as possible with their reads and the reasoning behind their reads, I'd appreciate getting reads from someone who just replaced in, even if I wasn't town-reading his predecessor. So you can kindly "boot it".
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (isolation #53) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 1124, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1120, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1115, Jake The Wolfie wrote:I think the main reason why I wod ISO Froggo is to see if they claimed anything dumb that needs retracting and redacting. Another reason would be to see, with my own eyes, why froggo had 4ish votes accordion to the_worst's votecount.
okay so scummy...and something that would be much better served iso'ing the slots that placed the votes.

got it.
I must admit it to everyone, that I have told a mistruth. I have not come to save your kind from the malevolent forces of the Mafia, but to instead destroy those whom appose our might. Fear not, your death will be swift and painless as I, lord of all that is evil and dark, shall slay this town like a pig.
:facepalm:
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (isolation #54) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 1292, Enchant wrote:I am Vigilante.
Welcome back. Can you convince the concerned citizens of this town who is worthy of your bullet of justice, and perhaps just as importantly, why?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (isolation #55) » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by Somnus »

I officially have no clue what to think of this game now.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (isolation #56) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:33 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1338, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Do you think if Goldfish is telling the truth that losing Somnus is a massive loss for town right now?

I'm really flattered by the obsession with me, particularly since you don't think I'm scum. Getting people to explain their reads has mostly been a chore in this game, and no one has really had much of anything to ask me or discuss with me since Goldfish's questionable cameo, so I don't really have much to offer at this point and not really feeling that it's worth me going into try-hard mode.

But uhh...Happy Birthday.

Spoiler:
In post 515, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Somnus and Gamma would be great cop checks.

Protect myself or Fun times if Docs.

Thanks.
In post 519, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: Somnus
In post 526, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:UNVOTE:

I thought it was a separate post entirely but 333 is a Somnus post so fair enough.
In post 924, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 582, Fun Times wrote:My top 2 SRs right now, are Not_Mafia from day 1, and froggo basically just claimed wolf here on D2 (explained above)

-Andante
Why no vote?
In post 626, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 622, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm honestly probably embellishing my confidence a bit but I still think the most confident pushes on Alianna were probably all town-motivated and that includes Andante
Alright.
Anyway your arguments on me are very tunneling in nature so i don’t think there will be anything to gain from being on you at this moment.

VOTE: N_M
Their posts today are really lacking self-awareness. I doubt they don’t know that Alianna flipped town.
Has your read on Gamma changed?
In post 631, Gamma Emerald wrote:I do wanna know why BBT thought me/Somnus were good cop checks btw
I thought you were a good check because I didn't like some of your D1 play - your vote on Ali despite appearing to scum read me felt bad and your reasoning for town reading both Somnus and Penguin were equally bad and

Somnus was for his hedgy read on Ali and his overall lack of engagement with the game. Somnus was more predicated on an Ali scum flip, too.
In post 649, Not_Mafia wrote:[v[froggodoggo[/v]

I think we should settle Andante vs. Froggo, we can't have this division in our town
Yeah, I don't mind either of these votes.
In post 934, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 752, Bellaphant wrote: Tbf it's really surprised me they were a check, they were my strongest tr day one.
Bella you have spoken about Somnus being your strongest TR and I think you alluded to it earlier in the game, too. Can you just quote some posts that show Somnus solving please?
In post 777, Fun Times wrote: Same for us.
Again, Somnus town reads from early game really need to be explained.
In post 788, Bellaphant wrote: Like....I can understand copping a person you were unsure on/wouldn't be able to read but that would be enchant/not mad/even penguin power for me, just because of playstyle.
You disagree with Goldfish's reasoning for checking Somnus? I think he gave 4 reasons and you have disagreed with one?
In post 861, NorwegianboyEE wrote: C: I still sus Not_Mafia slot and they haven't improved whatsoever so what would change if i voted you? I still find you both scummy so changing my vote from A to B wouldn't change too much.
Did you not do this when you changed your vote from Gamma to NM?
In post 925, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 924, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Has your read on Gamma changed?
I felt like our 1v1 was making the game intolerable so i backed off to give it more thought.
And that is different to your 1v1 with Enchant how?
In post 939, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Bella, I noticed that you didn't expand on 'everyone being scum' outside of Gamma and Somnus?

Would you mind running me through that?
In post 945, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Bella, you town read Somnus before 330 so can you go back a little further please?

What do you like about how they approached Enchant? Can you quote post it?

What response regarding low hanging fruit? Again, can you quote it please?

Pedit - What do you think about Norwegian's ?

Pedit again - I don't particularly like that answer Bella. I feel like you're hedging your reads this game and scum reading Norwegian is a very safe take for you to have right now.

@Fun Times - It's not a silly question to ask because you use meta as a defence for everything. So it's like 'forget what you think because x, y and z think we're town because meta so you should too!' which I don't really buy.

Pedit again - How is it hypocritical?
In post 954, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You feel those posts can't come from scum!Somnus Bella? They're pretty basic...

I think it was Fun Times (?) who spoke about scum liking to talk about Mech. Do you think Somnus' posts fall into that category and do you agree with that assertion from Fun Times?
In post 959, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I wasn't really speaking to you regarding the Ali wagon, I was more interested in your town read of Somnus. You claimed a town read on him in 330 and I was asking you to show me where this read formed. Those 3 posts you quoted could easily come from either alignment a sit involved a lot of mech spec so I'm still unsure how you formed that town read unless there are other posts before 330?

I don't understand the reference to town!Norwegian finding a scum slip? Or the reference to Fun Times either.
In post 1338, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Do you think if Goldfish is telling the truth that losing Somnus is a massive loss for town right now?
In post 1342, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Yeah, I wasn't talking about elimming Somnus.

I meant that if we elim Goldfish and it turns out he is town, then scum are forced (?) to kill Somnus as he is confirmed. Given Somnus isn't providing a whole lot right now, it doesn't seem the biggest loss in the world.
In post 1348, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm not sure a N2 doctor is that high in probability?

Pedit - Read my previous posts Enchant for clarification on why I was asking what I was asking.

I'm not interested in elimming Somnus, or even Goldfish, but if Somnus is town I feel he could be doing much more.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (isolation #57) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:37 am

Post by Somnus »

There's another reason why I'm particularly salty about how things have turned out for me here. Allow this epic trilogy to explain.

Spoiler:

Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (isolation #58) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1388, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm flattered you think I'm obsessed with you.

Thanks for proving my point about you being no loss to town though, I guess.
This baggage you're carrying from our last game isn't doing you any good. There's a reason half the playerlist doesn't bother to engage with you. You approach every conversation like a screaming toddler. This is about the extent of time I care to waste on you today. Enjoy your day.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (isolation #59) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1387, Enchant wrote:Imagine having friends who join with you only to check you N1 to ruin your mafia game, and leave if not.

That's what i could say best friend material.
I still don't particularly buy that I was checked. Kinda hard to come to any conclusions on it considering the slot has been vacant for all but roughly 2 hours during the 10 days or whatever that this game has lasted.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (isolation #60) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 1459, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1454, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1439, Bellaphant wrote: @nm, some reads please?
Would you mind, NM?
N
o
t
_
M
a
f
i
a

F
u
n
T
i
m
e
s

S
o
m
n
u
s

B
l
u
e
B
l
o
o
d
e
d
T
o
f
f
e
e

G
a
m
m
a
E
m
e
r
a
l
d

P
e
n
g
u
i
n
P
o
w
e
r

N
o
r
w
e
g
i
a
n
b
o
y
E
E

B
e
l
l
a
p
h
a
n
t

G
o
l
d
f
i
s
h
F
r
o
m
T
h
e
M
o
o
n

E
n
c
h
a
n
t

J
a
k
e
T
h
e
W
o
l
f
i
e
This doesn't even look like it was generated via random dot org. Who...who are you, mysterious stranger?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (isolation #61) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by Somnus »

I'm intrigued. Probably won't be back on again tonight, but can you break down your findings? I'll go through ISOs tomorrow.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (isolation #62) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:37 am

Post by Somnus »

I will listen to cow for now.

VOTE: Jake

E-2
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (isolation #63) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Somnus »

I'll give you a serious answer and a not serious answer.

Serious Answer: In a game where I'm not feeling very confident in my reads at all so far, I'm willing to put a lot of stock into who is on what wagons to help me formulate an opinion. My reads can change dramatically, but I currently have more town-faith in the people on your wagon than I do in the people on Enchant's wagon.

Not Serious Answer: He makes me laugh.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (isolation #64) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Somnus »

Strictly hypothetical question, Jake, since I'm not jumping to any conclusions pre-flip like we already saw Day 1:

If you had replaced into a slot that was widely scum-read or at the very least, wasn't being town-read by most of the playerlist, how would you play it? Would you try-hard it out and try and save the slot or just kinda go along with it and have fun until you're seemingly inevitably eliminated?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1541 (isolation #65) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:53 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1527, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1493, Somnus wrote:Strictly hypothetical question, Jake, since I'm not jumping to any conclusions pre-flip like we already saw Day 1:

If you had replaced into a slot that was widely scum-read or at the very least, wasn't being town-read by most of the playerlist, how would you play it? Would you try-hard it out and try and save the slot or just kinda go along with it and have fun until you're seemingly inevitably eliminated?
Most likely I would not replace into such a slot in the first place, but were I forced to I would probably just ride it out. I'm not well known for getting myself out of getting scumread, regardless of alignment.
Alright. I mean, from my POV, you did replace into a scum-read slot (not necessarily a mafia slot, but a scum-read slot). I've never replaced into or out of a game, and I'd prefer not to. So I don't have experience as far as what I would do in that scenario.

But I get the impression that a lot of people who replace into slots and get a red role PM in a slot that feels...I don't want to say doomed, because Froggo was hardly doomed, but a slot that was very unlikely to reach endgame, just kinda go with it and accept that they're going down and just try and have fun with it and don't take the outcome particularly seriously.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1545 (isolation #66) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 1542, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1541, Somnus wrote:
In post 1527, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1493, Somnus wrote:Strictly hypothetical question, Jake, since I'm not jumping to any conclusions pre-flip like we already saw Day 1:

Most likely I would not replace into such a slot in the first place, but were I forced to I would probably just ride it out. I'm not well known for getting myself out of getting scumread, regardless of alignment.
Alright. I mean, from my POV, you did replace into a scum-read slot (not necessarily a mafia slot, but a scum-read slot). I've never replaced into or out of a game, and I'd prefer not to. So I don't have experience as far as what I would do in that scenario.

But I get the impression that a lot of people who replace into slots and get a red role PM in a slot that feels...I don't want to say doomed, because Froggo was hardly doomed, but a slot that was very unlikely to reach endgame, just kinda go with it and accept that they're going down and just try and have fun with it and don't take the outcome particularly seriously.
Given this, does my play reflect this attitude?
Yes.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1546 (isolation #67) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by Somnus »

I don't want to bombard you here, and I won't be on again for several more hours, but what are your thought specifically on Penguin?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1648 (isolation #68) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by Somnus »

I'm on the verge of creating some kind of want-ad for basically a retired cop (who spent 2 hours on the job) who may or may not have ties to the mafia.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1695 (isolation #69) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:02 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1689, Something_Smart wrote:
Kop replaces GoldfishFromTheMoon!
It's a miracle! Hopefully you're a retired cop.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1766 (isolation #70) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:51 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1758, Kop wrote:
In post 1583, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Likelihood of both Enchant and Jake being town?

High.
If you're believing that the chances of them both being town as high, why would you vote for one of them? Why aren't you putting the case forward for them being town, and actually voting for the person who YOU believe is to be scum, and put the case forward?

I know if I was in you're shoes, if I believed the chances of someone being town, I wouldn't be voting them to get them eliminated, even at this late stage of the day. I'd be trying to build cases on who I believed to be scum and trying to get them eliminated.
In post 1601, Enchant wrote:Who know. Maybe i just won game by collecting all mafia on my wagon.
I think the chances of all the scum team being on your wagon, is very very low, but not out of the question.
In post 1606, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1583, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Likelihood of both Enchant and Jake being town?

High.
I'd say quite low :evil: And Jake's lecturing is a lot easier to fake as scum than Enchant's frustration is :wink:
Frustration can also be faked as scum.
In post 1614, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1606, Not_Mafia wrote: I'd say quite low :evil: And Jake's lecturing is a lot easier to fake as scum than Enchant's frustration is :wink:
Disagree that both can't be town but agree that Jake seems more likely to be scum.

If Frog's attack on the hydra at start of D2 was from scum, I'm impressed.

VOTE: Jake

E-1 I think?
You said the chances were high for both being town, but now it's changed. What made you change your mind?
In post 1675, Enchant wrote:I think he (and others) probably caught in trap where possible elims are you or me.

We should yolowagon someone else as well. Why not.
Within the time frame that we have, I don't think we could get another wagon going, with everyone agreeing with it.
Assuming there's no extension (and I don't know how much good it would do at this point), gun to your head right now, out of the two big wagons, where would your vote go?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1821 (isolation #71) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:06 am

Post by Somnus »

I don't know how much a claim is going to be taken seriously in this setup at this point, Enchant. Kind of can't believe we're in this spot. I think most of us have been ready for Day 2 to end for several days, and with 3 hours left in the day, no one is at E-1 and 3 people aren't voting.

I humbly request that mafia shoots me tonight and that if there's a Night 3 cop, take your pick out of anyone allowing this to get to no-lim after speedrunning Day 1. Back to doing literally anything else than post in this game.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1822 (isolation #72) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:07 am

Post by Somnus »

Night 2 cop, rather ^
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1834 (isolation #73) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1832, Enchant wrote:I won't miss you.
Unnecessary.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1857 (isolation #74) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Somnus »

Well that was exciting. I'll get back to this tonight.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1867 (isolation #75) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:01 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1864, Enchant wrote:4 cops minimum.
6 cops maximum.

3 dead.
1 is Somnus.
No comment, unless we’re doing mass-claim.
In post 1866, Enchant wrote:Kop claimed Cop?
Kop replaced goldfish, who claimed to have an innocent on me from n1.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1874 (isolation #76) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by Somnus »

Reads. I have them. But wanted to wait until everyone has posted in case there was finally some juicy cop info. I think the beloved cow is our only hope left for that.

Before we get to that, does anyone think both those wagons were on mafia because...I’m not seeing it.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1915 (isolation #77) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Somnus »

I don't think the Nancy and Friends slot was a weird kill at all. Their voting history was...not great, but as was pointed out, they were mostly town-read. I think if I were mafia, my only realistic choices there are the hydra, myself, or Not_mafia.
In post 1299, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
I’m town and I will prove that.
And laugh all you want, but I read this as a sincere cop claim. Yes, it's something literally anyone could have said, but it felt genuine to me. Maybe mafia read it the way I did. I dunno. Either way, it was a widely town-read slot.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1916 (isolation #78) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Somnus »

Not to be unoriginal, but I agree with literally every take Not_Mafia has had these last couple of pages. I can expand more after digging through ISOs, but just looking through votes, particularly EOD, I think Gamma, Bella, and Norwee should be heavily under the radar today.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1917 (isolation #79) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by Somnus »

The Goldfish/Kop slot needs to be active today. It just does. It's been a virtually vacant slot since the game started. I immediately had doubts about the cop check claim on me early in Day 2, and nothing that has happened has given me any reason to reconsider.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1918 (isolation #80) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Somnus »

At initial glance, Penguin/Jake interactions don't look like theater. Not ruling it out, but it looks authentic to me.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1920 (isolation #81) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by Somnus »

Hmmm. Fun fact: spent some time going through Jake's scum games, including from a couple alts (they're listed on his wiki). He almost always puts a scum partner towards the bottom of his reads-lists. Figured it's at least worth pointing out.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1925 (isolation #82) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:11 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 1921, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1916, Somnus wrote:Not to be unoriginal, but I agree with literally every take Not_Mafia has had these last couple of pages. I can expand more after digging through ISOs, but just looking through votes, particularly EOD, I think Gamma, Bella, and Norwee should be heavily under the radar today.

I’m too busy to be under the radar today :/
Jake kinda agreed with everything and put me in the top of his townreads. Like not tryna tell you how to think, but that isn’t how partnered Jake would play around me.
This is what happens when I post while tired. Either on the radar or under the microscope. Pick one.
In post 1922, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Also i gangnam styled on all his attempts to pocket me and said Jake was a fine wagon most of yesterday. Like i could have easily defended Jake and pushed Enchant harder if i knew i had to defend him.
Ehhh...I feel like there's a lot of posts of you defending Jake without actually committing. Like making it look like you're suspicious of him but not really. Like...leaving it open as a last resort but would prefer not to. I dunno. I can dig them up if you need me to, but I have a feeling you know the posts I'm referring to.
In post 1923, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’m not even sure Bella is scum, wagon just stinks of bussing. Who it is idk yet, but i don’t feel like Bella has been an insincere slot this game.
You may be right. I don't know. Her voting history is pretty bad in this game. Yours as well. That doesn't automatically make someone scum. You may both be town. I dunno. I went for a long walk last night and spent the majority of it tipsy and thinking about a stupid forum mafia game and may have had a moment of clarity.

This is what I do. Even when I was rolling mafia literally every game, I'd often spend a couple hours at night thinking of scenarios and scheming while I'm out wandering aimlessly. Going over night-kill scenarios and who to push and whatnot. I don't know why I'm sharing this. I'm not fully sober. I don't want to expand on this moment of clarity further at the moment. But I dunno. I need to do more "lab" work today as far as ISO'ing and looking at the timing of votes.

If you can come to a conclusion on who you think was bussing on the Jake wagon and why, I'll gladly hear you out and let you know if I agree or disagree with your reasoning. Back to bed. Happy scum day!
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1941 (isolation #83) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Somnus »

Quick thought-dump while I've got a few minutes:

I was trying to weigh the pros and cons of a mass-claim at this point but dunno how effective it would even be. Then I thought perhaps it would just make sense if there was exactly a Night 3 Doctor for them to out themselves today. I don't think it would be in mafia's best interest to fake-claim it at this point. It would put a target on the person's back though and I ended up coming to the conclusion that it may not be beneficial anyway. So I suppose both of those ideas are likely out.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1943 (isolation #84) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1934, Bellaphant wrote:@norwee, haven't looked at actual votes but the 'early' ones were nm, enchant and somnus, yeah? Out of those, somnus is most likely town.

Trying to get my head around maybe both wagons being on scum: it would explain why we couldn't get a pile on of votes later on the day.
I can go back through Day 2 later on in the evening/tonight and list every vote that was on Jake. Again, don't know if it will help. When I voted for Jake, it put him at E-2 (4th vote on him at the time). If I recall, at some point after that, BlueBlood and Penguin ended up switching to Enchant, but I don't remember all the details surrounding the progression there. Not_Mafia, Enchant, and myself are the ones who ended up parking our votes there, as seen by the final vote count.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1944 (isolation #85) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1942, Something_Smart wrote:
Prodding Kop. (Sorry, my bad for being super freaking late on that.)
Thank-you. I was literally about to ask for this in my next post.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1946 (isolation #86) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1929, Enchant wrote:I too don't care about game, let's just vote Gamma, ok?
I still care. I'm willing to drag this game out in the most boring way possible if it means being thorough and giving town the best chance of winning. So I'm challenging you to dig deep here and give me reasons. I'm seemingly one of the only people who believes you're town, but my confidence in that is going to wane unless it looks like you're attempting to solve here.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1981 (isolation #87) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Somnus »

I just spent a sizeable chunk of my Friday night re-reading all of Day 2 of a forum mafia game like any normal adult. I'm still not seeing scum!Enchant. Someone help me out here. Unhelpful!Enchant? Sure. Jake had other options and never even tried to pursue them. I had forgotten how much Nancy/whoever their last partner was had been town-reading Enchant by late Day 2. These wall quotes are going to look messy as fuck.
In post 1372, Jake The Wolfie wrote:VOTE: Enchant

Hello, Enchant! Welcome to Mafia, would you like to come play instead of acting rather foolish? You don't seem to be quite a talker, so I am taking this opportunity to light your feet on fire.
In post 1375, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hey Jake, why Enchant and why not BB or the hydra?
In post 1376, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Enchant is right here with (at least) 3 votes including mine, wheras other candidates do not have much momentum. Also, Enchant is flailing about and I want to know why.
In post 1442, Jake The Wolfie wrote:On the whole I'm feeling better about Nancy and Friends. I'll still advocate for pushing Enchant up, though.
In post 1534, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1532, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1200, Jake The Wolfie wrote:The chatter on Enchan't role seemed to be useless, but apparently it showed that they actually were claiming to be a cop??
In post 1518, Enchant wrote:2. I fakeclaimed. You all probably *GASP* now.

I'll count that as calling it.
Unfortunately that’s not ai for him. His play here is definitely antitown but he does this shit as either alignment.
In post 1535, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1200, Jake The Wolfie wrote:The chatter on Enchan't role seemed to be useless, but apparently it showed that they actually were claiming to be a cop??

Unfortunately that’s not ai for him. His play here is definitely antitown but he does this shit as either alignment.
Do you think that Enchant would be a good axe today?
In post 1536, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1535, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

Do you think that Enchant would be a good axe today?
Based on his play so far, it wouldn’t exactly be a tragedy but as I said, the “99% I’m wrong” makes me think he could be town.
In post 1584, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1582, Enchant wrote:
In post 1579, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1575, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1574, Enchant wrote:Explained why killing Goldfish is bad idea, therefore cutting POE to 8 people.

You?
Where did you explain this?
@Enchant I still would like this answered.
Oh goddamn just open my iso.
I have, but I could not find anything that explained it. Could you either show me where it is?
In post 1585, Enchant wrote:Aw shit. Here we go again.

Look, likelyhood of Somnus being town is already high.
No one scumread Goldfish for real, and only idea is "Let's kill Goldfish because null, if we are wrong, we get conftown anyway and can protect him!". Conftowning person who is already town is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda dumb, especially because with idea "Why not, we can protect him!".

It's just not worth it mechanically, unless there's like 80%+ chance of goldfish being mafia, and i am pretty confident that Goldfish is Town than not, but that's me (i can't provide reasonable explainings).
Even if Goldfish is mafia (which can be possible, like anything possible), it may be even benefiting to ignore him for a moment, where we are unsure. I strongly believe that he turns obvious lategame, and this way Somnus will be alive as well, which easies game a bit.

In unpredicted case, where Somnus and Goldfish both mafs (Which i am 99% sure NOT a case, but still), i still belive it's worth to watch them, not risk likelytowns just for sake of risk.
In post 1587, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

No one scumread Goldfish for real, and only idea is "Let's kill Goldfish because null, if we are wrong, we get conftown anyway and can protect him!". Conftowning person who is already town is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda dumb, especially because with idea "Why not, we can protect him!".

It's just not worth it mechanically, unless there's like 80%+ chance of goldfish being mafia, and i am pretty confident that Goldfish is Town than not, but that's me (i can't provide reasonable explainings).
Even if Goldfish is mafia (which can be possible, like anything possible), it may be even benefiting to ignore him for a moment, where we are unsure. I strongly believe that he turns obvious lategame, and this way Somnus will be alive as well, which easies game a bit.

In unpredicted case, where Somnus and Goldfish both mafs (Which i am 99% sure NOT a case, but still), i still belive it's worth to watch them, not risk likelytowns just for sake of risk.
There we go, now it's in your ISO.

Although, I don't think that most people were seriously pushing for Goldfish to be axed anyway, because they are currently absent. This was a rather easy thing to argue for is what I'm saying.

What else is on your resumè?
In post 1588, Enchant wrote:You forgot to answer mine.
In post 1589, Jake The Wolfie wrote:We are currently playing Questions and Answers, wherin I ask you a series of related questions, to not lose the focus, and you provide satisfactory answers. Once I'm satisfied, it can be your turn.
In post 1590, Enchant wrote:Too bad. I am above rules.
In post 1591, Jake The Wolfie wrote:If you would like to play footsies, play it with someone else. If you want your questions answered, please answer mine first.

What else have you done to contribute?
In post 1592, Enchant wrote:You are not in right to answer me questions like these, nor they gonna help.

I don't care, how much or how less you contributed (this question i ask you is actually irony), nor you should care how much i did, you need to think if i am town or not and ask questions about ppl. I can as well look whole game, say "oh yes, it's scummy and this is not", make readlist, many things. They are easily fakeble. Ironically, in every game where i was maf, i could just made readlist and turn townread for everyone, just because. Idk why, i never understand this, probably people just like these things.

Your work also meaningless, because if you are town, then you wasted all time to push me, another town. So while you of course wasted more time on this, you achieved same thing as me. Nothing. Maybe even negative. So ironically, i have more BPP (Benefit Per Post), wasting less effort and achieved same results.

Science. You can think about purpose of life of something, i am busy.
In post 1593, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1591, Jake The Wolfie wrote:If you would like to play footsies, play it with someone else. If you want your questions answered, please answer mine first.

What else have you done to contribute?
In post 1594, Enchant wrote:Nothing.
Like you.
In post 1595, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Good, I'm satisfied, now it's your turn to ask questions if you so desire.
In post 1596, Enchant wrote:What your scumread on me even based off
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1982 (isolation #88) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 1201, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1054, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Haven't read much past page 10, all I can conclude is that my slot had many opinions and not facts.
In post 1200, Jake The Wolfie wrote:I have just finished Page 6-
Probably not something Jake's partner points out? Like, I don't think this was necessarily some huge "Gotcha!" moment, but I dunno that his partner points this out.

To me, scum!Penguin/Enchant only makes sense if the plan as soon as Jake replaced in was, "Ok, we're bussing the ever-loving shit out of you immediately." I don't like the timing of Penguin's unvote of Jake late in Day 2, but he did switch back to Jake to put him at E-1 when we were somehow nearing the deadline. Thoughts, I guess?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1984 (isolation #89) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:46 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 1983, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m not letting Enchant go until he starts seeing sense
I don’t really scumread him that strongly anymore but he is not playing anywhere close to rationally
I don't necessarily disagree. I don't think he's mafia but I think he's been largely unhelpful.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2006 (isolation #90) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:39 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1989, Enchant wrote:Wdm darts?

I am just good at mafia.
Bad players won't understand.
Show us. I've read a lot of games on this site. You've been in about 10 of the games I've read. I know you can play. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've even read the first couple newbie games you played on this site.
Show us.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2007 (isolation #91) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:41 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1986, Kop wrote:I see that Penguin was fairly on at Jake throughout half a dozen posts that I read, but that doesn't rule out that there was a bus, and the whole change to Enchant before switching back to Jake doesn't feel right in my mind, it felt like he switched to Enchant hoping that it would take off, then as deadline got closer decided to switch back to Jake possibly knowing that he would flip scum, therefore it feels like he would gain some town cred for doing so (hiding behind I could have coasted to a no elim excuse if I was scum).

It doesn't feel right, but once I'm over my tiredness I will read into it all a lot more.
Any other thoughts? Either expanding on your Penguin read or just reads on the playerlist in general. We didn't get any from Goldfish other than a cop claim/check so your slot has been pretty impossible to come to any conclusions about.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2009 (isolation #92) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Somnus »

I don't think you're bad at mafia. But if you're town, I'd love some analysis from you because like, if we correctly eliminate today, we pretty much just win. There'd be 1 mafia goon left that has to land 3 mis-lims in a row, dodge any potential cop claims, and make sure they don't get two night-kills blocked.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2011 (isolation #93) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:28 am

Post by Somnus »

I'm hungry. Feed me something. Who's scum? Who's town? Is Norwee still mafia to you? Is Gamma still mafia to you? And WHY.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2012 (isolation #94) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1592, Enchant wrote:You are not in right to answer me questions like these, nor they gonna help.

I don't care, how much or how less you contributed (this question i ask you is actually irony), nor you should care how much i did, you need to think if i am town or not and ask questions about ppl. I can as well look whole game, say "oh yes, it's scummy and this is not", make readlist, many things. They are easily fakeble. Ironically, in every game where i was maf, i could just made readlist and turn townread for everyone, just because. Idk why, i never understand this, probably people just like these things.

Your work also meaningless, because if you are town, then you wasted all time to push me, another town. So while you of course wasted more time on this, you achieved same thing as me. Nothing. Maybe even negative. So ironically, i have more BPP (Benefit Per Post), wasting less effort and achieved same results.

Science. You can think about purpose of life of something, i am busy.

I thought this was a great post, for example. That shit about someone posting a readslist and people lapping it up happens ALL...THE...TIME. It happened with Jake briefly in this game. His posting was god-awful, he posts some analysis and a readslist, and we all kind of backed off (briefly). I can't approach the game with the mindset of "This person hasn't done much, therefore, they are mafia. This person has posted a lot, therefore, they are town."
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2014 (isolation #95) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:42 am

Post by Somnus »

Not a readslist. But just some general reads or observations, yes.

The reason I think Not_Mafia is town has nothing to do with the personality change in this game. There's been a ton of times where he posted exactly what I've been thinking. I don't generally take the approach of "This person agrees with me, so town", but it's happened so much in this game that if he's mafia, he has somehow infiltrated my brain with some secret cow-like powers.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2017 (isolation #96) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:45 am

Post by Somnus »

Kind of agree.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2018 (isolation #97) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:48 am

Post by Somnus »

I'm pretty sure a single legit cop guilty more or less wins this game, and it's becoming less and less likely that we're going to get that easy-mode victory.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2020 (isolation #98) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Somnus »

I think we're just talking right now. I don't see any pressure.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2021 (isolation #99) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:51 am

Post by Somnus »

I need to go out for a few hours anyway.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2158 (isolation #100) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Somnus »

I'm back from
picking up a gallon of milk
a busy couple days. I did re-read Froggo's ISO last night. Nothing remarkable. I'll actually provide some thoughts later tonight.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2159 (isolation #101) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2132, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Also of course Penguin is going to look at least somewhat town from their vote. That's the whole point of bussing, if an vote is made at the moment where anyone would say it looks like obvious bussing. It's failed it's purpose.
My argument is more that Penguin looked like he was informed of Jake's role beforehand, AKA scum partner. He always made sure to stay at the forefront in criticizing Jake, and their vote at the end was engineered to look town because that's the whole purpose.

I don't disagree with a lot of the posts you've made about Penguin recently. I'm never going to be able to give someone a hard town-read who is seemingly proud of the fact that they contribute very little in every game. I'm having a hard time following your thought-process overall in this game from a town perspective though.

For whatever it's worth, I actually do enjoy playing with you, regardless of what your alignment ends up being in this game.
In post 1166, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1154, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1153, Bellaphant wrote:Have we had a recent vc? I'm down to elim Jake.
Not yet, although people are wanting to eliminate me for reasons they won't let me decipher.
What do you mean? It seems pretty clear to me.
They think you have been focusing on the wrong things and now that you're more active. Not really giving any reads at all, except for one townread on Penguin maybe?
In post 1169, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Jake/Goldfish + one more for scum team maybe?
In post 1170, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I feel like all scum must be in Jake/Goldfish/Gamma/Enchant
Penguin has had some decent posts in this game actually.
N_M keeping up the gimmick for so long makes me think it is genuine.
BBT/Fun times not an concern.
Somnus town.
Bellaphant has felt townie this game.

Huh, guess i got some reads out after all. Just took some musing.
I should probably point out that Jake's slot is the only one in your POE listed above that you never voted for. I went through 5 or 6 of your scum games.
BORING META TALK WARNING:
I will acknowledge that you tend to go hard at bussing at least one partner at some point, but those games aren't ones that have 4-6 cops in them. And in a few of those games, you did constantly go after a scum partner like this, but either didn't vote for them, or voted for them later on when it looked like there was a good chance of being the elimination. I think you tend to be a lot more emotional as scum than you do as town as well. For some reason, in the current meta on this site, a lot of people ridiculously just associate emotion as a townie trait. I have no idea why.
In post 1171, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think Jake wagon is ok but i don't want any lim to go through today before this guy shows back up.
VOTE: Goldfish
In post 1190, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Gamma what do you think is likelihood of an Enchant/Jake/Goldfish team?
In post 1255, NorwegianboyEE wrote:The amount of contradictions coming out from Jake's mouth is funny...
In post 1300, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I like that catchup, it made me think.
In post 1304, NorwegianboyEE wrote:VOTE: Enchant
In post 1540, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Gonna keep voting Enchant because this is unacceptable and i don’t see them changing.
In post 1543, NorwegianboyEE wrote:That sort of thinking will cloud your judgement imo.
@Somnus
In post 1544, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don’t fully trust Jake to be clear, but i also really scumread the Enchant slot right now.
In post 1559, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’ll give my vote and if i should switch to Jake or not more thought later today if i have time. I feel like one of them is likely scum with this wagon composition.
In post 1619, NorwegianboyEE wrote:

High.
How did you go from this to back to voting Jake?
In post 1669, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Finding a team is hard enough with 1 already flipped scum.
Finding a team with 0 is not easy.
Criticizing because Jake isn’t presenting an exact scum team in their reads is bad.
This was your POE a little while ago: Jake/Goldfish/Gamma/Enchant

A decent chunk of time has passed since then, obviously. So yeah, I don't expect you to be married to that until the end of the game. The two that you want to focus on today are Bella and Penguin though. I don't know if you're right or wrong. But I want to know why, because abandoning that entire POE after a scum flip is a little bizarre to me.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2160 (isolation #102) » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by Somnus »

Kinda curious about something else, and it takes place between posts 1170 and 1190. Again, to quote 1170:
In post 1170, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I feel like all scum must be in Jake/Goldfish/Gamma/Enchant
Somnus town.

In post 1189, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1173, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Somnus town.

Gamma and Enchant are probably town.

Thanks for the reads though. Talk about the Fun Times and Bella town reads?
Bella i’m not really seeing their play as scummy, i think they’ve been pretty reasonable this game and seem genuinely curious about what is going on and trying to figure things out. A bit opposite of what Enchant has been doing.
Fun Times just has this very particular stubborn mood i don’t see scum having. Like they are vocal and they seem to be discussing together a lot and i think the Andante-Nancy interactions are well developed which tend to not be as much if it’s an scum hydra.
Basically i’m looking for very specific tells when it comes to reading an scum hydra, and i’m not really seeing that here.
In post 1190, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Gamma what do you think is likelihood of an Enchant/Jake/Goldfish team?
Bella seems to be a pretty high town-read to you here, but again, I'll acknowledge it was quite a while ago. However, 20 game-posts and 4 hours after listing Gamma in your POE in 1170, you're asking Gamma if the exact solve in your POE sounds correct (except with Gamma removed)?

I'm trying to get a town thought-process out of some if this stuff and I'm having a hard time getting there, so if you can walk me through some of this stuff, maybe that would help me.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2167 (isolation #103) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:15 am

Post by Somnus »

This is exciting. We could potentially see 3 or 4 prods at once by tomorrow.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2169 (isolation #104) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:38 am

Post by Somnus »

Yeah, he's just picking up a pack of smokes with Enchant's father. Should be back any year now.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2172 (isolation #105) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by Somnus »

Haven't really been inspired to. There's been several slots who have been largely absent for the entirety of Day 3, and even when here, they're not providing much analysis.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2174 (isolation #106) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by Somnus »

Yes. Providing thoughts and asking questions and not just laying down a naked vote.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2176 (isolation #107) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2050, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1979, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1958, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 366, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 342, Somnus wrote:And Penguin, besides noting that Not_Mafia is playing a very different style than I think we were all expecting, where are you at with regards to some of the other players in the game?
absolutely nowhere except gamma seems too stiff, but that's probably town indicative.
So far in this game, you've basically said nothing. Or said stuff that sounds like it's saying something, but on closer inspection it's just as meaningless.
Welcome to every game ever with me if that’s your conclusion.
Maybe you should put more effort into your games if people are telling you always do nothing :wink:
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2181 (isolation #108) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by Somnus »

This is good stuff. Much town.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2182 (isolation #109) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2178, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2172, Somnus wrote:Haven't really been inspired to. There's been several slots who have been largely absent for the entirety of Day 3, and even when here, they're not providing much analysis.
Why not push someone then :?: :? :wink:
See the previous page.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2242 (isolation #110) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:47 am

Post by Somnus »

I wanna play too!

VOTE: norwegian

Back later tonight.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2280 (isolation #111) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:33 am

Post by Somnus »

I got violently ill yesterday evening. Dunno why. Feeling significantly better today but probably not gonna have much to say here at the moment. I'll make it brief:

I'm convinced Kop is going to flip town, and it certainly isn't based on play. Hard to make much of a case for someone who posts once every 2-3 days. I went back and ISO'ed every game Goldfish has on site, which, admittedly, is pretty silly since she had a whopping 10 posts in this game. Aside from the fact that she has admitted she likes making risky gambles like this as scum, familiarity with her tells me that slot has a pretty decent chance of being town.

When I'm stumped on someone, I pull up their ISO and look for certain verbal (textual) phrases, buzzwords, certain grammatical things that are missing, and certain grammatical things that are present. I'm not going to elaborate on this, because it's going to botch its effective use both in this game and in subsequent games if I spill the beans. I did so for Kop and again, my conclusion is that he's probably town. That's the extent of a defense I'm willing to put together for someone who has put less than the bare minimum into this game.

If that's the flip the majority decides to go with, fine. If it flips town, I guess at the very least you know 100% that I'm town. If it flips mafia, I'll gladly take the suspicion tomorrow as a more than worthy trade for getting a 2nd scum out of the game. Proceed as you choose. I need to rest. Still not feeling 100%, but I'm around if anyone requests/needs me.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2285 (isolation #112) » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 2282, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 2280, Somnus wrote:I got violently ill yesterday evening.
Cross-contamination maybe, i can't even swallow without cringing because my throat is so sore right now.
You poisoned my food, didn't you? :eek:
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2303 (isolation #113) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:25 pm

Post by Somnus »

@mod
: I'm guessing he's likely getting voted out anyway, but once again, Kop is due for his routine prod. Thanks.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2305 (isolation #114) » Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:16 am

Post by Somnus »

I need this flip so I can go tf back to sleep :lol:

Still think it's probably town.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2317 (isolation #115) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by Somnus »

I have a plan. We should eliminate mafia today.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2322 (isolation #116) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:03 pm

Post by Somnus »

VOTE: Somnus
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2335 (isolation #117) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:35 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2332, Not_Mafia wrote:Yeah, game is stalled :mad: I was almost certain that Kop was going to be a red flip and it's hard to piece together that he was town.
I wasn't. Like...at all. Going through his posting history on the site, particularly in the last few years, he's an unhelpful lurker in almost every game he plays. Hell, he was even in the Twin Trap game that Norwegian was in that I referenced earlier in this game. He was force-replaced out after 4 posts...as town (You were in that game too and got force-replaced out in a pretty hilarious way! :lol: ). He also had what I would call a "Truthteller's ISO. There's 2 ISOs in particular I've gone through (multiple times) that are riddled with red flags you'd expect to see in a "Liar's ISO". Sorry for not elaborating further, but my methods here are going to have to remain an enigma.
But Somnus is town and I'm pretty sure Penguin is, for reasons outlined yesterday. I don't think BBT and Bella are both scum, they could be both town but that doesn't seem likely. So that leaves me with one in BBT/Bella and therefore one in Gamma/Norwee
I think this is a fairly reasonable take. I'm not 100% on this, but close. Let's narrow that down as far as today though. Allow me to offer you a different pairing. What would you say the likelihood of both Norwee and Bella being town are?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2337 (isolation #118) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Somnus »

Are you asking me or Not_Mafia?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2339 (isolation #119) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Somnus »

I didn't present the pairing in 2335 as two people I'm town-reading.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2340 (isolation #120) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by Somnus »

As far as you go, I don't really know. I've kind of gone back and forth on you. Same with Penguin.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2341 (isolation #121) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Somnus »

I was hoping to sit in the shadows for a few days here and let the game come to me at the start of Day 4 rather than tipping my hand. That hasn't really happened though so I may just have to fire my reluctant IC vigilante shot here in the next day or two and hope people will sheep me. And hey, if I'm wrong, I'll feel like one of the gang, at least. I'm the only one still in this game that hasn't had a hand in killing at least one townie so far :D
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2343 (isolation #122) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2342, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2335, Somnus wrote:Allow me to offer you a different pairing. What would you say the likelihood of both Norwee and Bella being town are?
It's a decent possibility :)

Hmm.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2349 (isolation #123) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:11 am

Post by Somnus »

Friendly reminder to whoever the 4 other townies are in this game: You have a 2 in 5 chance of hitting mafia with your vote today, all choices being equal (they're not, since I'd like to think most of you are capable of voting better than random). 40% to hit mafia even if you voted completely random? Hell yeah! That sounds nice.

I have a 2 in 6 chance. My good friend, Leroy Jenkins, tells me that that's a 33.33% chance (repeating, of course). Mathematically, I'm the least likely townie to vote accurately today. So like...wake up, get to work, and help me, please. Thanks!
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2358 (isolation #124) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by Somnus »

Why can't I just die...
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2359 (isolation #125) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by Somnus »

VOTE: Bella
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2361 (isolation #126) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:06 pm

Post by Somnus »

Only kinda.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2367 (isolation #127) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2366, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think BBT is operating on a different system than he was in C9++
There, idr atm how much he explained it but there seemed to be a sensible logic to his PoE
Here it just feels like it poofed into existence
Current thoughts on Bella, Norwegian, and Penguin?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2368 (isolation #128) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by Somnus »

Also, September 9th is the one month anniversary of this game. I have compiled various pictures of cakes to celebrate the occasion. Coming soon.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2370 (isolation #129) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2369, Not_Mafia wrote:There's no such thing as a one month anniversary :igmeou: :shifty: :facepalm: :eek: :giggle: :lol: :D :wink: :cool: :(
There is now.

Also, fixed this for you ^
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2409 (isolation #130) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Somnus »

In honor of us all being stuck together for one month now:

Seems only fitting to look back fondly at all of the great memories over the last month. Here's a few of them:
In post 400, Something_Smart wrote:
VC 1.3
Alianna
(4)-
froggodoggo
, Gamma Emerald, Bellaphant, NorwegianboyEE
PenguinPower (2)-
Ausuka
, PenguinPower
Ausuka
(1)-
Alianna

NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Somnus

Not voting (5)- Not_Mafia,
GoldfishFromTheMoon
Enchant
, BlueBloodedToffee,
Fun Times

With 13 alive it takes 7 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2022-08-19 11:00:00)

Mod notes: I ate an English muffin that didn't agree with me and now I feel sick ):

In post 987, Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.4
NorwegianboyEE (3)- Bellaphant,
Enchant
Fun Times

Enchant
(2)-
Jake The Wolfie
, NorwegianboyEE
Jake The Wolfie
(1)- Not_Mafia
Fun Times
(1)- BlueBloodedToffee

Not voting (4)- PenguinPower,
Somnus
GoldfishFromTheMoon
, Gamma Emerald

With 11 alive it takes 6 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2022-08-22 16:00:00)

Mod notes: Prodding GoldfishFromTheMoon.
In post 1483, Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.6
Enchant
(3)- Bellaphant, NorwegianboyEE,
Jake The Wolfie

Jake The Wolfie
(2)- Not_Mafia, PenguinPower
Bellaphant (1)- BlueBloodedToffee
Don Draper x Mistress
(1)-
Enchant

Not voting (4)-
GoldfishFromTheMoon
, Gamma Emerald,
Somnus
Don Draper x Mistress

Mod notes: I'm tired and I need to go shopping tonight

In post 1622, Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.7
Jake The Wolfie
(5)- Not_Mafia, PenguinPower,
Enchant
Somnus
, BlueBloodedToffee (E-1)
Enchant
(3)- Bellaphant, NorwegianboyEE,
Jake The Wolfie

Not voting (3)-
GoldfishFromTheMoon
, Gamma Emerald,
Don Draper x Mistress

Mod notes: This will be the first weekend I have to myself in, like, a month, so yay. The deadline will pause at 24 hours if I still haven't found a replacement for Goldfish.

In post 2236, Something_Smart wrote:
VC 3.4
PenguinPower (4)- NorwegianboyEE,
Kop
, Bellaphant, Gamma Emerald (E-1)
NorwegianboyEE (2)- BlueBloodedToffee, PenguinPower
Kop
(1)- Not_Mafia

Not voting (2)-
Somnus
Enchant

With 9 alive it takes 5 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2022-09-07 17:00:00)

Mod notes: Prodding Kop.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2461 (isolation #131) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:55 am

Post by Somnus »

Spoiler:
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 1.1
BlueBloodedToffee
(3)-
Bellaphant
Ausuka
froggodoggo

PenguinPower (2)-
Somnus
, Gamma Emerald
Ausuka
(2)-
BlueBloodedToffee
Alianna

Somnus
(1)- PenguinPower
Enchant
(1)- NorwegianboyEE

Not voting (4)-
Fun Times
, Not_Mafia,
GoldfishFromTheMoon
Enchant

Mod notes: All-day meetings are about as fun as they sound.
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 1.2
Alianna
(2)-
BlueBloodedToffee
froggodoggo

PenguinPower (2)-
Somnus
, Gamma Emerald
BlueBloodedToffee
(1)-
Ausuka

Ausuka
(1)-
Alianna

Somnus
(1)- PenguinPower
Enchant
(1)- NorwegianboyEE

Not voting (5)-
Fun Times
, Not_Mafia,
GoldfishFromTheMoon
Enchant
Bellaphant

Mod notes: my apartment is so hot :/ my AC hasn't been working very well lately.

Something_Smart wrote:
VC 1.3
Alianna
(4)-
froggodoggo
, Gamma Emerald,
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE
PenguinPower (2)-
Ausuka
, PenguinPower
Ausuka
(1)-
Alianna

NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Somnus

GoldfishFromTheMoon
Enchant
BlueBloodedToffee
Fun Times

Mod notes: I ate an English muffin that didn't agree with me and now I feel sick ):
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 1.FINAL
Alianna
(7)-
froggodoggo
, Gamma Emerald,
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE,
Fun Times
BlueBloodedToffee
Alianna
(HAMMER)
PenguinPower (3)-
Ausuka
, PenguinPower,
Enchant

NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Somnus

Not voting (2)- Not_Mafia,
GoldfishFromTheMoon

Mod notes: I feel better; Alianna does not.
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.1
NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Bellaphant

Somnus
(1)-
Enchant

Not_Mafia (1)- NorwegianboyEE
froggodoggo
(1)- Not_Mafia

Not voting (7)-
Fun Times
, PenguinPower,
Somnus
BlueBloodedToffee
froggodoggo
, Gamma Emerald,
GoldfishFromTheMoon

Mod notes: I will be out of town for the next few days, bother the worst if you need anything.
the worst wrote:
VC 2.2
froggodoggo
(2)- Not_Mafia,
Fun Times

fun times
(2)-
froggodoggo
Enchant

NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Bellaphant

Not voting (5)- PenguinPower,
Somnus
BlueBloodedToffee
, Gamma Emerald,
GoldfishFromTheMoon

Mod notes: I'm currently on a bus - i think its red, i didnt check
the worst wrote:
VC 2.3
froggodoggo
(3)- Not_Mafia,
Fun Times
, Gamma Emerald
fun times
(1)-
Enchant

NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Bellaphant

Enchant
(1)-
froggodoggo

Not voting (5)- PenguinPower,
Somnus
BlueBloodedToffee
GoldfishFromTheMoon

Mod notes: saw some ducks earlier
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.4
NorwegianboyEE (3)-
Bellaphant
Enchant
Fun Times

Enchant
(2)-
Jake The Wolfie
, NorwegianboyEE
Jake The Wolfie
(1)- Not_Mafia
Fun Times
(1)-
BlueBloodedToffee

Not voting (4)- PenguinPower,
Somnus
GoldfishFromTheMoon
, Gamma Emerald

Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.5
Jake The Wolfie
(4)- Not_Mafia, PenguinPower,
Nancy Drew 39
BlueBloodedToffee

GoldfishFromTheMoon
(1)- NorwegianboyEE

Not voting (6)-
GoldfishFromTheMoon
, Gamma Emerald,
Enchant
Jake The Wolfie
Somnus
Bellaphant

Mod notes: Andante is dropping from Fun Times; Nancy may continue on her main for now.
In post 1185, Fun Times wrote:
@mod, why hasn’t goldfish being prodded or replaced yet? It’s been almost 3 1/2 days now since they last posted?
Goldfish was prodded in the last VC. She has about an hour before I will start looking for a replacement.
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.6
Enchant
(3)-
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE,
Jake The Wolfie

Jake The Wolfie
(2)- Not_Mafia, PenguinPower
Bellaphant
(1)-
BlueBloodedToffee

Don Draper x Mistress
(1)-
Enchant

Not voting (4)-
GoldfishFromTheMoon
, Gamma Emerald,
Somnus
Don Draper x Mistress

Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.7
Jake The Wolfie
(5)- Not_Mafia, PenguinPower,
Enchant
Somnus
BlueBloodedToffee
(E-1)
Enchant
(3)-
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE,
Jake The Wolfie

Not voting (3)-
GoldfishFromTheMoon
, Gamma Emerald,
Don Draper x Mistress

Mod notes: This will be the first weekend I have to myself in, like, a month, so yay. The deadline will pause at 24 hours if I still haven't found a replacement for Goldfish.
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.8
Jake The Wolfie
(4)- Not_Mafia,
Enchant
Somnus
BlueBloodedToffee

Enchant
(4)-
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE,
Jake The Wolfie
, PenguinPower

Not voting (3)-
Kop
, Gamma Emerald,
Don Draper x Mistress

Mod notes: I got two shinies in legends: arceus today
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.FINAL
Jake The Wolfie
(6)- Not_Mafia,
Enchant
Somnus
BlueBloodedToffee
, PenguinPower, Gamma Emerald (HAMMER)
Enchant
(3)-
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE,
Jake The Wolfie

Not voting (2)-
Kop
Don Draper x Mistress

Mod notes: I apologize for being easily distractible
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 3.1
Bellaphant
(1)-
BlueBloodedToffee

Gamma Emerald (1)-
Enchant

Enchant
(1)- Gamma Emerald

Not voting (6)- PenguinPower, Not_Mafia,
Somnus
Bellaphant
Kop
, NorwegianboyEE

Mod notes: I finally got Mario Kart a few days ago
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 3.2
BlueBloodedToffee
(2)-
Bellaphant
, Gamma Emerald
Bellaphant
(1)-
Enchant

PenguinPower (1)- NorwegianboyEE
Kop
(1)- PenguinPower
NorwegianboyEE (1)-
BlueBloodedToffee

Not voting (3)- Not_Mafia,
Somnus
Kop

Mod notes: PenguinPower V/LA this weekend. Good luck to anyone starting a college semester (as both my siblings are).
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 3.3
BlueBloodedToffee
(2)-
Bellaphant
, Gamma Emerald
PenguinPower (2)- NorwegianboyEE,
Kop

Kop
(2)- PenguinPower, Not_Mafia
NorwegianboyEE (1)-
BlueBloodedToffee

Not voting (2)-
Somnus
Enchant

Mod notes: I have a lot of things to do and I didn't do any of them today
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 3.4
PenguinPower (4)- NorwegianboyEE,
Kop
Bellaphant
, Gamma Emerald (E-1)
NorwegianboyEE (2)-
BlueBloodedToffee
, PenguinPower
Kop
(1)- Not_Mafia

Not voting (2)-
Somnus
Enchant

Something_Smart wrote:
VC 3.5
Kop
(3)- Not_Mafia, Gamma Emerald, PenguinPower
PenguinPower (2)- NorwegianboyEE,
Bellaphant

NorwegianboyEE (2)-
BlueBloodedToffee
Somnus

Not voting (2)-
Enchant
Kop

Mod notes: Happy September. Fun fact: the month of September gets its name from the root "sept-" meaning "seven", and the suffix "-ember" meaning "plus two".
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 3.FINAL
Kop
(5)- Not_Mafia, Gamma Emerald, PenguinPower,
BlueBloodedToffee
Enchant
(HAMMER)
PenguinPower (1)- NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Somnus

Not voting (2)-
Kop
Bellaphant

Mod notes: Kop is a German word meaning "head". At least, when you add the F in the chat they just received.
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 4.1
BlueBloodedToffee
(2)- Gamma Emerald,
Bellaphant

Bellaphant
(1)-
BlueBloodedToffee

Somnus
(1)-
Somnus

Not voting (3)- PenguinPower, Not_Mafia, NorwegianboyEE

With 7 alive it takes 4 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2022-09-19 16:00:00)

Mod notes: Prodding NorwegianboyEE.
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 4.2
BlueBloodedToffee
(3)- Gamma Emerald,
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE (E-1)
Bellaphant
(3)-
BlueBloodedToffee
Somnus
, Not_Mafia (E-1)

Not voting (1)- PenguinPower

Mod notes: my sleep schedule is extremely borked rn
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 4.FINAL
Bellaphant
(4)-
BlueBloodedToffee
Somnus
, Not_Mafia, NorwegianboyEE (HAMMER)
BlueBloodedToffee
(2)- Gamma Emerald,
Bellaphant

Not voting (1)- PenguinPower

Mod notes: today is my grandma's bday
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2464 (isolation #132) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Somnus »

Not unless Gamma's 2452 is insinuating a cop check.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2465 (isolation #133) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Somnus »

I think it's finally time for a mass-claim.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2467 (isolation #134) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:11 am

Post by Somnus »

Because people post "So and so is town" all the town based on their read. Don't really know what the issue is here. Won't be back until later tonight, but I'll wait until Gamma confirms that that is in fact what happened.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2468 (isolation #135) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:12 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 2465, Somnus wrote:I think it's finally time for a mass-claim.
To clarify, full mass-claim. Night included.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2501 (isolation #136) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Somnus »

Assuming the following two claims are correct, I would appreciate if Norwegian and Not_Mafia could full-claim in that exact order, please:

Penguin: Night 3 Doctor
Gamma: Night 4 Cop
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2508 (isolation #137) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2504, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I was night 3 doctor. Target Somnus that night. Afterwards pretended to be night 4 doctor.
But why? Penguin had claimed night 3 doctor. Even if he were lying, scum!Penguin wouldn’t have been able to kill me that night without outing himself (unless you think he would have protected someone else?) :?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2535 (isolation #138) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by Somnus »

I had to stop myself from just YOLO voting this. It looks like I'm going to be forced to do my due diligence and put in a little bit more time going back through ISOs, but I have a feeling it's not really going to matter. I don't see a reasonable way that we're dealing with Is_Mafia. It means he shipped Froggo/Jake very early with several cops still in the game, and then shipped Bella with X amount of cops still in the game. It also means all of the reads and observations that he made that aligned with a lot of my unspoken thoughts somehow mirrored mine. I'll go through his ISO and try to keep an open mind, but I just don't see it this game. At all. He's been my top town-read. I can say that he's had a stellar game,
regardless of his alignment

If mafia wants to concede so that we can all move on to other games or other ventures and hug it out post-game, I won't think any less of you whatsoever. If that's not happening though, you're making me do more homework for this game that probably won't change anything, so I'm gonna be a little bit of a salty pickle. Not much, but a little.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2536 (isolation #139) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2534, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2501, Somnus wrote:Assuming the following two claims are correct, I would appreciate if Norwegian and Not_Mafia could full-claim in that exact order, please:

Penguin: Night 3 Doctor
Gamma: Night 4 Cop
And I would appreciate it if you could color me green in your votecounts now.
I wasn't home. I've been on mobile for the last however many hours. Happy? :lol:

Spoiler:
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 1.1
BlueBloodedToffee
(3)-
Bellaphant
Ausuka
froggodoggo

PenguinPower
(2)-
Somnus
, Gamma Emerald
Ausuka
(2)-
BlueBloodedToffee
Alianna

Somnus
(1)-
PenguinPower

Enchant
(1)- NorwegianboyEE

Not voting (4)-
Fun Times
, Not_Mafia,
GoldfishFromTheMoon
Enchant

Mod notes: All-day meetings are about as fun as they sound.
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 1.2
Alianna
(2)-
BlueBloodedToffee
froggodoggo

PenguinPower
(2)-
Somnus
, Gamma Emerald
BlueBloodedToffee
(1)-
Ausuka

Ausuka
(1)-
Alianna

Somnus
(1)-
PenguinPower

Enchant
(1)- NorwegianboyEE

Not voting (5)-
Fun Times
, Not_Mafia,
GoldfishFromTheMoon
Enchant
Bellaphant

Mod notes: my apartment is so hot :/ my AC hasn't been working very well lately.

Something_Smart wrote:
VC 1.3
Alianna
(4)-
froggodoggo
, Gamma Emerald,
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE
PenguinPower
(2)-
Ausuka
PenguinPower

Ausuka
(1)-
Alianna

NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Somnus

GoldfishFromTheMoon
Enchant
BlueBloodedToffee
Fun Times

Something_Smart wrote:
VC 1.FINAL
Alianna
(7)-
froggodoggo
, Gamma Emerald,
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE,
Fun Times
BlueBloodedToffee
Alianna
(HAMMER)
PenguinPower
(3)-
Ausuka
PenguinPower
Enchant

NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Somnus

GoldfishFromTheMoon

Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.1
NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Bellaphant

Somnus
(1)-
Enchant

froggodoggo
(1)- Not_Mafia

Not voting (7)-
Fun Times
PenguinPower
Somnus
BlueBloodedToffee
froggodoggo
, Gamma Emerald,
GoldfishFromTheMoon

Mod notes: I will be out of town for the next few days, bother the worst if you need anything.
the worst wrote:
VC 2.2
froggodoggo
(2)- Not_Mafia,
Fun Times

fun times
(2)-
froggodoggo
Enchant

NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Bellaphant

Not voting (5)-
PenguinPower
Somnus
BlueBloodedToffee
, Gamma Emerald,
GoldfishFromTheMoon

Mod notes: I'm currently on a bus - i think its red, i didnt check
the worst wrote:
VC 2.3
froggodoggo
(3)- Not_Mafia,
Fun Times
, Gamma Emerald
fun times
(1)-
Enchant

NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Bellaphant

Enchant
(1)-
froggodoggo

Not voting (5)-
PenguinPower
Somnus
BlueBloodedToffee
GoldfishFromTheMoon

Mod notes: saw some ducks earlier
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.4
NorwegianboyEE (3)-
Bellaphant
Enchant
Fun Times

Enchant
(2)-
Jake The Wolfie
, NorwegianboyEE
Jake The Wolfie
(1)- Not_Mafia
Fun Times
(1)-
BlueBloodedToffee

Not voting (4)-
PenguinPower
Somnus
GoldfishFromTheMoon
, Gamma Emerald

Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.5
Jake The Wolfie
(4)- Not_Mafia,
PenguinPower
Nancy Drew 39
BlueBloodedToffee

GoldfishFromTheMoon
(1)- NorwegianboyEE

Not voting (6)-
GoldfishFromTheMoon
, Gamma Emerald,
Enchant
Jake The Wolfie
Somnus
Bellaphant

Mod notes: Andante is dropping from Fun Times; Nancy may continue on her main for now.
In post 1185, Fun Times wrote:
@mod, why hasn’t goldfish being prodded or replaced yet? It’s been almost 3 1/2 days now since they last posted?
Goldfish was prodded in the last VC. She has about an hour before I will start looking for a replacement.
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.6
Enchant
(3)-
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE,
Jake The Wolfie

Jake The Wolfie
(2)- Not_Mafia,
PenguinPower

Bellaphant
(1)-
BlueBloodedToffee

Don Draper x Mistress
(1)-
Enchant

Not voting (4)-
GoldfishFromTheMoon
, Gamma Emerald,
Somnus
Don Draper x Mistress

Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.7
Jake The Wolfie
(5)- Not_Mafia,
PenguinPower
Enchant
Somnus
BlueBloodedToffee
(E-1)
Enchant
(3)-
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE,
Jake The Wolfie

Not voting (3)-
GoldfishFromTheMoon
, Gamma Emerald,
Don Draper x Mistress

Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.8
Jake The Wolfie
(4)- Not_Mafia,
Enchant
Somnus
BlueBloodedToffee

Enchant
(4)-
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE,
Jake The Wolfie
PenguinPower

Not voting (3)-
Kop
, Gamma Emerald,
Don Draper x Mistress

Mod notes: I got two shinies in legends: arceus today
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.FINAL
Jake The Wolfie
(6)- Not_Mafia,
Enchant
Somnus
BlueBloodedToffee
PenguinPower
, Gamma Emerald (HAMMER)
Enchant
(3)-
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE,
Jake The Wolfie

Not voting (2)-
Kop
Don Draper x Mistress

Mod notes: I apologize for being easily distractible
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 3.1
Bellaphant
(1)-
BlueBloodedToffee

Gamma Emerald (1)-
Enchant

Enchant
(1)- Gamma Emerald

Not voting (6)-
PenguinPower
, Not_Mafia,
Somnus
Bellaphant
Kop
, NorwegianboyEE

Mod notes: I finally got Mario Kart a few days ago
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 3.2
BlueBloodedToffee
(2)-
Bellaphant
, Gamma Emerald
Bellaphant
(1)-
Enchant

PenguinPower
(1)- NorwegianboyEE
Kop
(1)-
PenguinPower

NorwegianboyEE (1)-
BlueBloodedToffee

Not voting (3)- Not_Mafia,
Somnus
Kop

Mod notes: PenguinPower V/LA this weekend. Good luck to anyone starting a college semester (as both my siblings are).
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 3.3
BlueBloodedToffee
(2)-
Bellaphant
, Gamma Emerald
PenguinPower
(2)- NorwegianboyEE,
Kop

Kop
(2)-
PenguinPower
, Not_Mafia
NorwegianboyEE (1)-
BlueBloodedToffee

Not voting (2)-
Somnus
Enchant

Mod notes: I have a lot of things to do and I didn't do any of them today
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 3.4
PenguinPower
(4)- NorwegianboyEE,
Kop
Bellaphant
, Gamma Emerald (E-1)
NorwegianboyEE (2)-
BlueBloodedToffee
PenguinPower

Kop
(1)- Not_Mafia

Not voting (2)-
Somnus
Enchant

Something_Smart wrote:
VC 3.5
Kop
(3)- Not_Mafia, Gamma Emerald,
PenguinPower

PenguinPower
(2)- NorwegianboyEE,
Bellaphant

NorwegianboyEE (2)-
BlueBloodedToffee
Somnus

Not voting (2)-
Enchant
Kop

Mod notes: Happy September. Fun fact: the month of September gets its name from the root "sept-" meaning "seven", and the suffix "-ember" meaning "plus two".
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 3.FINAL
Kop
(5)- Not_Mafia, Gamma Emerald,
PenguinPower
BlueBloodedToffee
Enchant
(HAMMER)
PenguinPower
(1)- NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Somnus

Not voting (2)-
Kop
Bellaphant

Mod notes: Kop is a German word meaning "head". At least, when you add the F in the chat they just received.
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 4.1
BlueBloodedToffee
(2)- Gamma Emerald,
Bellaphant

Bellaphant
(1)-
BlueBloodedToffee

Somnus
(1)-
Somnus

Not voting (3)-
PenguinPower
, Not_Mafia, NorwegianboyEE

Mod notes: Prodding NorwegianboyEE.
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 4.2
BlueBloodedToffee
(3)- Gamma Emerald,
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE (E-1)
Bellaphant
(3)-
BlueBloodedToffee
Somnus
, Not_Mafia (E-1)

Not voting (1)-
PenguinPower

Mod notes: my sleep schedule is extremely borked rn
Something_Smart wrote:
VC 4.FINAL
Bellaphant
(4)-
BlueBloodedToffee
Somnus
, Not_Mafia, NorwegianboyEE (HAMMER)
BlueBloodedToffee
(2)- Gamma Emerald,
Bellaphant

Not voting (1)-
PenguinPower

Mod notes: today is my grandma's bday
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2539 (isolation #140) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 516, Something_Smart wrote:
VC 1.FINAL
Alianna
(7)-
froggodoggo
, Gamma Emerald,
Bellaphant
, NorwegianboyEE,
Fun Times
BlueBloodedToffee
Alianna
(HAMMER)
PenguinPower (3)- Ausuka, PenguinPower, Enchant
NorwegianboyEE (1)- Somnus

Not voting (2)- Not_Mafia, GoldfishFromTheMoon

[/color]

Alianna was eliminated on Day 1. She was a...

Spoiler:
Town Cop

Night 1 begins now. It will end in (expired on 2022-08-12 15:00:00).
Ugh. You weren't even gonna die here, Alianna. Scum piled on your wagon early. This wagon would have crumbled in 24 hours tops.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2547 (isolation #141) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by Somnus »

I'm gonna begrudgingly do my homework since I'm not seeing and go through his ISO since I'm not seeing a peaceful white flag, but yeah with everything I mentioned before, there's not really a universe where I'm voting for him today and probably not tomorrow either.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2549 (isolation #142) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2547, Somnus wrote:I'm gonna begrudgingly do my homework and go through his ISO since I'm not seeing a peaceful white flag, but yeah with everything I mentioned before, there's not really a universe where I'm voting for him today and probably not tomorrow either.
Fixed ^
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2556 (isolation #143) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by Somnus »

Shit, I gotta stop meta-diving people. Was wondering why Penguin's ISO from that looked familiar. I just looked at his ISO from that game like a week ago.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2559 (isolation #144) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by Somnus »

To be fair, I also chose that game because Enchant and Gamma were in it as well. I don't remember getting anything out of it though. At some point, all the games/ISOs just start to blend together.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2568 (isolation #145) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:39 pm

Post by Somnus »

I'm awake for some reason. I don't know how long that's going to be a thing for.

I was debating asking you about this a while ago and decided to hold off. Probably doesn't matter now, and I get the impression you'd rather not answer anymore questions, so it's whatever. Not a big deal but was more of a curiosity.
In post 2071, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I got something that might be worth bringing up at an later time but also not. It depends on a couple of factors not being present at this moment.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2569 (isolation #146) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:40 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2567, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’ve done the work for you guys.
Eliminate me and feel good about yourselves. Then eliminate Gamma and ensure town victory.
You all get your revenge and i still fulfill my town win condition.
Dunno if I'm included in this, but I have no reason to get revenge on you regardless of your alignment. I was pretty annoyed when everyone I signed up to play in this game with bailed on me super early, but you're fun to play with and I'd gladly play in a game with you anytime.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2571 (isolation #147) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:58 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2570, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 2568, Somnus wrote:I'm awake for some reason. I don't know how long that's going to be a thing for.

I was debating asking you about this a while ago and decided to hold off. Probably doesn't matter now, and I get the impression you'd rather not answer anymore questions, so it's whatever. Not a big deal but was more of a curiosity.
In post 2071, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I got something that might be worth bringing up at an later time but also not. It depends on a couple of factors not being present at this moment.
That was me debating claiming N3 doctor.
But in the end i didn't see the need for it. As it was more advantageous to pretend like i had a N4 shot.
Fair. I kinda figured that was what you were hinting at, especially after yesterday.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2572 (isolation #148) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:14 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 39, Not_Mafia wrote:
Hopefully nobody comes out of a vent and we can have a victory royale
Ok, I've been wondering about this for over a month. Was this a cop crumb as a doctor? Best thing I was able to come up with back then was a Die Hard reference :lol:
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2575 (isolation #149) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:35 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2574, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2572, Somnus wrote:
In post 39, Not_Mafia wrote:
Hopefully nobody comes out of a vent and we can have a victory royale
Ok, I've been wondering about this for over a month. Was this a cop crumb as a doctor? Best thing I was able to come up with back then was a Die Hard reference :lol:
It's an Amongst Us reference
Oh. Even though I never played it, that seems incredibly obvious now in hindsight.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2576 (isolation #150) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:03 am

Post by Somnus »

Whew. Ok. Done. Yeah Not_Mafia is town. Sorry. If we end up losing to scum!Not_Mafia, so be it. I was never getting there unless we had like 3 extra mis-lims. I just tried to multi-quote roughly 25 posts of his that I found town indicative, and I got this message:

"Your message contains too many smilies. The maximum number of smilies allowed is 30."

Pretty much sums up this game nicely. :facepalm:

Just read his ISO instead. I dunno.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2578 (isolation #151) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:09 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1654, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:Unless Enchant has drastically switched up his scumgame, his making posts like “99% wrong”, questioning if another player is town are things I don’t recall seeing from past Enchant scumgames. Do you disagree? @Gamma.
In post 1678, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:

I agree with this, and this makes me feel better about Enchant's slot. Goldfish is the one who has a claimed inno on them, yeah? I don't want to lim Goldfish either.

-Mistress
In post 1682, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:Anyone else have a good read on Bellaphant? Please walk me through your thoughts.

@Norwee: Oops, the other way round - got it.

-Mistress
In post 1711, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1710, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1709, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1708, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1705, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1693, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Gamma, Nancy, and Friend, What are your current reasons for not voting?
I was waiting for replace in to do something. Hopefully that happens very soon.
What was something you'd hope they do?
If I can get a strong read on that slot one way or another, that’s will really help me hopefully decide who to vote.
How will that help decide?
I’m hoping. Well, if they’re really townie, it would confirm for me that Enchant is probably town because they usually don’t defend town as scum. A lot of players have expressed opinions on that slot and since Goldfish really didn’t do pretty much anything AI, that might possibly be informative, no?
In post 1713, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1712, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1711, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1710, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1709, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1708, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1705, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1693, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Gamma, Nancy, and Friend, What are your current reasons for not voting?
I was waiting for replace in to do something. Hopefully that happens very soon.
What was something you'd hope they do?
If I can get a strong read on that slot one way or another, that’s will really help me hopefully decide who to vote.
How will that help decide?
I’m hoping. Well, if they’re really townie, it would confirm for me that Enchant is probably town because they usually don’t defend town as scum. A lot of players have expressed opinions on that slot and since Goldfish really didn’t do pretty much anything AI, that might possibly be informative, no?
Could a scum Enchant be defending a town Goldfish because it would be an easy person to defend?
Sure it’s possible but in my experience playing with scum!Enchant, he’s far less likely to do that.
In post 1715, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:I don’t think you’re scum here, you’re just doing way too many things I see as pretty much being absent from your scumgame.
In post 1754, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1729, Bellaphant wrote:You keep saying this and I keep posting reads while you don't. It's boring and annoying. I think my progression on reads is fairly transparent too - I moved from scum reading norwee to thinking they are most likely town, my tr of the hydra is slipping, etc: I'm not hiding things

We solve differently, I'm never as aggressive as you as town or scum.

I've talked about enchant and Jake a lot. Enchant hasn't really tried to engage in my scum read of them, although they have done to slots like gamma, which also strikes me as weird. It would be easy to say the dueling wagons mean one is deffo town and one is deffo scum, and from that 50/50 I'd pick enchant any day -i don't see what the hydra sees about their meta (enchant has had scum games where they are absent, but not all of them, and does this feel like deptuy cultists enchant to you??).

Do you have other scum reads? Your scum read of me feels weirdly 'safe', especially because you aren't basing it on much.
Because I didn’t see the votecount and we aren’t currently tr you? Tell me how this doesn’t look at least slightly like omgus?

You’re the one who was shading us because I didn’t see the vc. Are you now going to deny that fact?
In post 1756, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1745, Bellaphant wrote:Awkward, because I was about to respond to bbt that nm kinda fills that middle role for me.

@mistress, no, I'll post proper responses after its not dinner/bath/bed time
How so when NM isn’t even being remotely hedgey? He’s made it abundantly clear what his reads are no?
In post 1757, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:Auro’s agreeing with me on Enchant.
In post 1767, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1762, Bellaphant wrote:@mistress, you popped straight up when bbt started talking about a wagon/ a scum read of me, but managed to not notice the post you responded quite attacky to and asked me if i.was 'denying that fact' wasn't even to you. Can you not see why I'd find that worrying?
How do you not see that you shading me for not realizing that Enchant was at e-1 because I was incorrect about the vc and juxtaposing that with Auro’s read on you wouldn’t massively ping me? Those are two completely unrelated things.

See, Enchant is inclined to have those horrible kinds of takes but I’d expect much better from you.

I was pretty much neutral on you prior to that.

~N
In post 1772, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1770, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Oh wait you literally said he does agree with you on Enchant, nvm my second question.
I think Enchant has a lot of really bad takes given that he plays extremely scummy irrespective of alignment so shouldn’t be all that shocked and outraged for being extremely hard to read but yeah, he’s also said quite a few things that town ping me, like the “99% I’m wrong thing” questioning if Jake might also be town etc, And so far I’m liking Kop and that’s yet another thing that bodes well for my Enchant read as well because scum!Enchant usually either defends scummy players which usually turn out to be his buddies in many of the games I’ve played with scum!him.

~N
In post 1773, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:Yeah, Auro’s come around to agreeing with me on town!Enchant.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2579 (isolation #152) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:10 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1653, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:I feel very confident on
Somnus
, you (Gamma),
Penguin
and probably
NM
town.
-shrug-
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2582 (isolation #153) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:56 am

Post by Somnus »

Can't say I have. I think there may be one Brit still in this game that hasn't entered the dead thread yet though. I'm too 'murican for that, I guess.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2586 (isolation #154) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:27 am

Post by Somnus »

VOTE: Gamma
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2587 (isolation #155) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:28 am

Post by Somnus »

E-1. I used my night action already, by the way.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2589 (isolation #156) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:57 am

Post by Somnus »

-sigh-

UNVOTE: Gamma
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2590 (isolation #157) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:58 am

Post by Somnus »

I mean, as you said, the game is already solved for a town!Not_Mafia, but I can appreciate you trying to get it right today, I suppose. I'll go back to reading later.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2591 (isolation #158) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by Somnus »

It was abrupt, and these two posts are literally 5 minutes apart.
In post 2418, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Bella, hello.
In post 2420, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Convenient how Bellaphant said they sussed me, then went real quiet about that when put on E-1.
I’ve already said i thought Bella could be scum earlier this game. This is payback for what feels like an attempt ar a real slimy turn around. I wouldn’t have done this if it wasn’t for that.
VOTE: Bellaphant
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2595 (isolation #159) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by Somnus »

The problem is, with the voting patterns that took place, this is very much Double Spider-Man meme, but both Spider-Mans are mafia. We're sure there's not 4 mafia, right???
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2596 (isolation #160) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Somnus »

Gonna be out for maybe 2 hours or so.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2598 (isolation #161) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Somnus »

Terrible vanity reason for me to vote Norwegian today: My end of day vote has never been on town on this site (unless it was on Days 1 and 3 in this game. Don't know yet). Well...at least when I've been town.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2601 (isolation #162) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:16 pm

Post by Somnus »

Bruh
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2603 (isolation #163) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by Somnus »

Something_Smart wrote:
VC 1.FINAL
Alianna
(7)-
froggodoggo
, Gamma Emerald, Bellaphant,
NorwegianboyEE
Fun Times
, BlueBloodedToffee,
Alianna
(HAMMER)
PenguinPower (3)-
Ausuka
, PenguinPower,
Enchant

NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Somnus

GoldfishFromTheMoon

[/b]

Something_Smart wrote:
VC 2.FINAL
Jake The Wolfie
(6)- Not_Mafia,
Enchant
Somnus
, BlueBloodedToffee, PenguinPower, Gamma Emerald (HAMMER)
Enchant (3)- Bellaphant,
NorwegianboyEE
Jake The Wolfie

Not voting (2)-
Kop
Don Draper x Mistress

[/b]

In post 2310, Something_Smart wrote:
VC 3.FINAL
Kop
(5)- Not_Mafia, Gamma Emerald, PenguinPower, BlueBloodedToffee,
Enchant
(HAMMER)
PenguinPower (1)-
NorwegianboyEE

NorwegianboyEE (1)-
Somnus

Not voting (2)-
Kop
, Bellaphant

:?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2604 (isolation #164) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by Somnus »

These are saved to an older document, Penguin, so your name isn't green. It's gonna be ok. :lol: BlueBloodedToffee's name isn't green on these either
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2607 (isolation #165) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by Somnus »

Ah yeah. I think this document might have been during Night 3? Don't remember. I have like 4 documents saved pertaining to this game at this point.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2608 (isolation #166) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by Somnus »

I have this one too, but Penguin already posted these with colors added.
Jake The Wolfie wrote:
Jake The Wolfie

Not_Mafia
Gamma Emerald
Somnus
NorwegianboyEE
---
PenguinPower
Enchant
Bellaphant
GoldfishFromTheMoon

---
BlueBloodedToffee
Nancy Drew and Friends
Scummy

Jake The Wolfie wrote:
Jake The Wolfie

NorwegianboyEE
Somnus
Not_Mafia
---
Gamma Emerald
Bellaphant
GoldfishFromTheMoon

BlueBloodedToffee
---
Enchant
PenguinPower
Nancy Drew and Friends

Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1649, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1632, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Since I'm up on the spotlight, here's my current readlist:

Jake The Wolfie

NorwegianboyEE
Not_Mafia
Somnus
---
Gamma Emerald
Bellaphant
GoldfishFromTheMoon

---
BlueBloodedToffee
PenguinPower
Enchant
You forgot us.

Also why is goldfish grey?

~Nancy

Jake The Wolfie

NorwegianboyEE
Not_Mafia
Somnus
---
Gamma Emerald
Bellaphant
Nancy and Friend
GoldfishFromTheMoon

---
BlueBloodedToffee
PenguinPower
Enchant

Goldfish is grey for the same reason Enchant is Red and I am green, it's just a good place to plop a "true neutral" point, mainly because there's far too little they've done so far to be considered either town or scum.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2609 (isolation #167) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by Somnus »

Anyway, I'm really stepping out now. Be back in a couple hours.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2613 (isolation #168) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Somnus »

Alright, I’m on mobile. Can’t stay away. In Jake’s other games, he tends to list his teammate(s) towards the bottom or null. He obviously didn’t do that here. Scum clearly hard town-read each other in this game and largely voted together.

I can’t pull them up at the moment, but his wiki has most of his completed games, including games he’s played as alts. During Day 2, I went through his ISO of all his scum games and looked at when he posted reads-lists. He also has a recent normal game he was scum in under an alt. Someone still alive in this game was in that one too and it’s possible they didn’t even know they were teammates with him there.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2614 (isolation #169) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2600, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It was so hardcore that literally people think i have to be informed. That's how clever i am.
I feel like you’re just memeing like Jake was at this point :lol:
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2616 (isolation #170) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Somnus »

I’m not voting for Not_Mafia at this point. He’s already won, regardless of his alignment. I’d like to end this game today, ideally.

Depending on how much or how little people view the importance of meta, the 3 people who I was least familiar with going into this game were Ausuka, Nancy, and Gamma. Everyone else, I’ve either played with, read several games they’ve been in, or both. So depending on how much stock people put into familiarity, Penguin and Not_Mafia would have a better clue on Gamma than I would here.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2618 (isolation #171) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by Somnus »

Maybe. But so was protecting me Night 3 when Penguin already claimed Night 3 doctor. So either town!Penguin protected me, or scum!penguin would be forced to shoot elsewhere, otherwise he’d put himself.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2619 (isolation #172) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by Somnus »

Out himself *
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2621 (isolation #173) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:34 pm

Post by Somnus »

Not_mafia is decided on my end.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2622 (isolation #174) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by Somnus »

Assuming there’s mafia in you/gamma, that person has already lost. It’s just a matter of whether that happens today or tomorrow.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2624 (isolation #175) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by Somnus »

I’m not. As I said, not_mafia isn’t getting voted today or tomorrow. He already won.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2628 (isolation #176) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2627, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2624, Somnus wrote:I’m not. As I said, not_mafia isn’t getting voted today or tomorrow. He already won.
jsyk I WILL ridicule you over this if it turns out NM was scum after all
normally I wouldn't but with how much you're parading this read, it feels deserved.
If you’re town, you voted alongside mafia virtually the entire game, and performed a bad check on Night 4. I think you lost that right a long time ago.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2631 (isolation #177) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by Somnus »

I guess. The problem I have with some of the cop decisions that have been made in this game is that we had one self-hammer 24 hours into the game, one that wasted it on a slot that was highly townread without having read much of the game because they were paranoid about losing to scum!me again, and one that checked a slot that was likely town for largely the same reason. If town lost this game, it isn’t because I didn’t go a perfect 12 for 12 in reading the entire playlist. That’s unreasonable and ridiculous given your voting history in his game.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2635 (isolation #178) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Somnus »

I haven’t been smug at all. You started this in post 2627, just like you ranted about something as unimportant as post numbers that were clearly the final posts of Day 1. And after talking about how furious that somehow made you, I pointed out that your feelings on something so meaningless are unimportant to me, and then accused me of bringing your feelings into it. This is a you problem and I’ve seen it in other games.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2640 (isolation #179) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2636, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2598, Somnus wrote:Terrible vanity reason for me to vote Norwegian today: My end of day vote has never been on town on this site (unless it was on Days 1 and 3 in this game. Don't know yet). Well...at least when I've been town.
In post 2616, Somnus wrote:I’m not voting for Not_Mafia at this point. He’s already won, regardless of his alignment. I’d like to end this game today, ideally.

Depending on how much or how little people view the importance of meta, the 3 people who I was least familiar with going into this game were Ausuka, Nancy, and Gamma. Everyone else, I’ve either played with, read several games they’ve been in, or both. So depending on how much stock people put into familiarity, Penguin and Not_Mafia would have a better clue on Gamma than I would here.
these give me a smug vibe
The first one is clearly a joke, and there’s nothing that could even remotely be interpreted as smug in the 2nd one. I’m literally asking for help in the 2nd post.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2642 (isolation #180) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2638, Gamma Emerald wrote:also the hell is this thing about post numbers?
The sequence that you started in post 616. None of this is benefiting anyone, btw.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2649 (isolation #181) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2644, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2642, Somnus wrote:
In post 2638, Gamma Emerald wrote:also the hell is this thing about post numbers?
The sequence that you started in post 616. None of this is benefiting anyone, btw.
oh right that time you were an asshole for no reason!
Again, this is a you problem and the tantrums here aren’t benefiting the game in any way.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2652 (isolation #182) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by Somnus »

‘Sup?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2683 (isolation #183) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:04 am

Post by Somnus »

GG. Definitely a great game by Not_mafia. Well done.

Appreciate you modding, SS.

Return to “Completed Open Games”