Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:58 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1313, mastina wrote:
In post 653, Val89 wrote:All this was going on before Shiidaji had revealed themselves as a member, and Shiro had made a single contentless post. I guess it's possible scum are informed about the neighbourhoods in a way I'm not considering, but it seems a scum-pairing would not know their audience at the time they (immediately) launched into that act.
Scum would know the setup immediately from having membership in as little as two hoods. It doesn't take a genius to see a neighborhood that's "thunder clan", see a different one for a different clan, and then figure out that there's going to be four total clans. And if there's four total clans, membership would be loosely equal between them.

That, aside from the fact that the fewer are in a 'hood, the better for the theater.
In post 653, Val89 wrote:I'm trying to see the whole thing through the lens of it being scum-theatre for the rest of the clans benefit and I don't see it.
I do, and I have a perfect game to show why, when I have the time to actually find the spots I want to show.

For instance, May I point you to eir posting starting here?

At that time there were--and this part is going to blow your mind--five? players in that PT. With three of them as scum.

Alisae literally did scum theater for
two town players

And then after the MathBlade elimination, it gets even better.

It became three town players to two scum players.
Alisae(A2), QuantumLeap scum.
Bulbazak, Titus, Ginngie town. (Creature too, I think?) (It was 5 after Ginngie died. Creature got swapped out but was still town brought in.)

Literally two scum three town in a neighborhood.

If you think Alisae wouldn't do theater, e absolutely would.
In post 1314, mastina wrote:
In post 653, Val89 wrote:If your view on this game is predicated on a Norwee-Alisae pairing, I would at least have a think about what it means if they weren't. I'm pretty sure about this one.
I'm pretty sure you're wrong since you are a newer player and, pardon the language but I can't think of a more polite way to word it:
More gullible.

Alisae pulled off the very thing e is doing with Norwee in a game with
veteran
players. Some of the best on the site at the time, Alisae managed to fool for the majority of the game. And e had QuantumLeap, eir scumbuddy, as town in part of that deception.

Pulling it off on a comparative rookie lacking the same experience is, comparatively, easy for Alisae.
The example posted isn't even close to what happened in hood. The way they talk to Val is wolf indicative.

--
In post 1316, mastina wrote:
In post 659, Alisae wrote:
One of
my abilities is listed as Apprentice. It is a passive that states I am not allowed to use abilities until I am promoted.
Btw.

Y'all know that Alisae is implying e has more than one ability here, right?

Which alignment usually has more abilities?

Obviously it's not a given/not guaranteed.

But y'know.

It's still something I'm calling a scumslip.
How do you look at this and say this is something that town is pushing???

--
In post 1358, mastina wrote:
In post 1355, Mistyx wrote:
In post 1354, mastina wrote:Scum clown isn't a thing.
oh come on you don't believe this
(I don't know how to respond to this without getting banned; every term I want to get would get me at minimum a warning but:)

Yes, I do.

There. is. no. such. thing. as. a. scum. clown. Clowns are specifically town, because you don't call scum clowns--you call them scum. You can call them incompetent scum. You can call them bad scum. You can call them flailing scum. You can call them laughably bad scum. You can call them all sorts of things.

But not a scum clown. That's not a thing.

Clown is, specifically, a town insult. It is insulting a player's capabilities as town by saying that they are a clown.
Players don't call scum, clown.

They can go, "you're either scum, or a clown"!
That's literally a phrase that people speak.

But they don't say "you're a clown" while THINKING someone is scum.
That's something that is a scumslip. Scum do it disproportionately often. Like, 90+% of the time, often. Genuinely one of the strongest scumtells, scumtell level of scumtell.

It's not semantics.

It's basic psychology.

You don't call someone who you think is scum, making posts that you think are bad, a clown.
You call someone who you think is scum, making posts that you think are bad, scum.
You call someone who you think is town, making posts that you think are bad, a clown.

The two do not mix. Half of one and half of the other is thus, a perspective slip.
This whole interaction is just not real man like?????

--
In post 1370, Alisae wrote:misty user mastina is pushing facts > read.
She is not even attempting to spend energy on catching up but is responding to things in real time
this is scum indicative behavior
This summarizes it.
What even is this stuff that's she's posting in thread it's bad.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:03 pm

Post by Bell »

Quick question for the crowd. We're on page 57.

Does anyone want to do the focus group thing where we all check whose reading who as scum?
It's been...(but not significantly) accurate.
The one where you just list the names and say town or scum.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Bell »

Not it.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:16 pm

Post by Cephrir »

reading mastina based on whether or not she is making good posts is a poor maneuver as she does not make good posts as any alignment
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:02 pm

Post by Datisi »

oh look, bear is still dragging on the early day interactions as if they mean anything. very cool. continuously ignoring my later q's towards him (and i'm assuming my later posts as well). incredibly cool.

this is probably gonna get discarded as (town/scum) datisi, based on your current thoughts on my slot, but koba recently told me i should try to be more honest as town, so
Spoiler:
i don't think the posts that bear is quoting there ever could've been doubtful or be showing any paranoia or uncertainty. my irl at the time was such that i don't think i was physically capable of getting any sort of upset about a mafia game, i didn't have the capacity for it.

also, specifically to : i wonder if there's ever been a game where i was town, getting pushed early, and didn't feel like actually interacting or sorting people for it? and people were scumreading me for the lack of reaction?

oh wait, there was.
In post 51, Fey wrote:
In post 50, Dunnstral wrote:OK so, I don't like posts or because I don't like the way they are hopping on to Datisi this early. Is not the same in my mind.

As for Datisi, I think they are pretty good at faking tone as scum, at least at the start of the game, I don't have a read on them right now. I don't consider that to be contradictory to the above because I am not reading them as scum
How do you feel about his lack of reaction to those votes?

Even if early, and even if some aren't serious, they're there. One of them had a... nudge, in Datisi's direction. ("Did you roll scum again?")

And then there's just not an indication that this is a worry in his head. Towny or scummy to you?
In post 53, Datisi wrote:also, i do have a response to , let me know if it's of interest to someone after dunn responds.
In post 60, Datisi wrote:
In post 56, Fey wrote:@Datisi, what reply did you have?
i get wagoned early in the game literally all the time now. i'm awkward at the start of the game because i never know what to do.

i didn't have a response to the votes because nothing good comes from responding to them. why are they voting me? because i'm awkward. no shit. getting into an argument about it now would just make me look desperate, and thus, even more awkward. just play the game normally, they'll either see the error of their ways or they're going to have to justify their vote on me once i have actual content out.

do you think me ignoring the votes on me is scummy? why?
(also, only later did i realize fire was in this game, so y'know. :eyes: at that. but probably not worth the struggle.)
In post 1358, mastina wrote:It's basic psychology.
having been studying psychology for the past 3 years -- i would absolutely call a scum player a clown
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:08 pm

Post by Datisi »

those top wagons are a tragedy

VOTE: kittytacky
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:15 pm

Post by Datisi »

aaaaah no my heart isn't in that vote currently and also we have 4+ days

VOTE: penguinpower?
~M
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:46 pm

Post by Shiro »

Vote:Mastina
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:03 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

(I don't know how to respond to this without getting banned; every term I want to get would get me at minimum a warning but:)

Yes, I do.

There. is. no. such. thing. as. a. scum. clown. Clowns are specifically town, because you don't call scum clowns--you call them scum. You can call them incompetent scum. You can call them bad scum. You can call them flailing scum. You can call them laughably bad scum. You can call them all sorts of things.

Clown is, specifically, a town insult. It is insulting a player's capabilities as town by saying that they are a clown.

That's something that is a scumslip. Scum do it disproportionately often. Like, 90+% of the time, often. Genuinely one of the strongest scumtells, scumtell level of scumtell.

It's not semantics.

It's basic psychology.

You don't call someone who you think is scum, making posts that you think are bad, a clown.
You call someone who you think is scum, making posts that you think are bad, scum.
You call someone who you think is town, making posts that you think are bad, a clown.

The two do not mix. Half of one and half of the other is thus, a perspective slip.
Clown :lol:
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:06 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1372, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 1308, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I will say that T3 feels the most underwhelming content-wise in our hood overall when comparing all players.
They're catching up.
How do you know that is what they are doing or that’s what i meant?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:21 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1406, Cephrir wrote:reading mastina based on whether or not she is making good posts is a poor maneuver as she does not make good posts as any alignment
Tbh i think town!Mastina can make good posts. However this game she keeps pushing this awful crap without letting new information influence her which BTW is exactly the scumtell i was looking for. I repeated numerous times in our hood that what i was looking for in regards to Mastina was PROGRESSION. Scum!Mastina has this tendency to not let any arguments that disprove her theories influence her in sny way. Her reads list from first page is fucking identical to her "catchup" one for gods sake. And this is DESPITE her entire logic behind why i am scum being blatantly proved wrong. She said my inactivity was a big scumtell and i don’t think anyone with half a brain is still pushing this angle when scumreading me, not that i really am sure wtf those slots are even pushing me for anymore but they clearly have to be doing it for something else OR are struggling to come up with better reasoning.
Point is, if this was town!Mastina her reads list would have had major changes from first to recent. Here there is nothing, she is twisting the truth to suit her initial first-stage narrative. This is the most scum indicative thing Mastina could do and she’s doubling down on it.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:26 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Following Mastina in her towngames is an adventure, an joirney if you will.
You see their thoughts evolve, their brainpower being put at full work and on display for all to see. It’s beautiful and freaking obvious whwn she is town.
As scum she is an terminator. One goal, one set of programming, no hesitancy, no doubt. Nothing may change the set values. It’s clear to me that this is what we are dealing with here based on the carchup.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:29 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’ve always been able to identify town!Mastina. The one exception was the game where i was third-party arsonist and said they were town because they townread me and i instantly accepted it because it was convenient. This game is the firsr where i have to genuinely read them and i don’t see theie townie traits at all.

- Bunno
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:18 am

Post by Charloux »

Oh wow Mastina, you really showed those scum eh! Let me give it a try
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:29 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 1354, mastina wrote:
In post 1315, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You’re not just an clown, you’re the entire circus.
Btw Norwee's scumslipping here by saying this while voting me--

Scum clown isn't a thing.

I can't be a clown and be scum.

I can be only one of the two.

Norwee's vote on me says scum, Norwee's statement I am a clown gives the true read: he knows I'm town.
Why on earth is calling someone a clown AI? You are implying scum are always criminal masterminds who never make mistakes here.
You are just twisting things around to fit your read. Oh Norwegian called me a scum clown, that doesn't exist so they are scum-slipping. It also fits my read on him. Ah that also means he confirmed i'm town guys.
In post 1356, mastina wrote:
In post 1330, Mistyx wrote:mastina do you not have multiple abilities
I have one ability.

Clans aren't an ability. Everyone has that. It's not a PR if everyone has it. Saying a neighborhood is an ability in a game where everyone has it, is basically like saying a Vanilla Townie with the power of their voice and vote, is an ability. It's literally something even a VT would have.

Being an apprentice aren't an ability. That's a restriction on the abilities. A gate.

I have only one ability. Gated by being an apprentice. But only the one.
Titus doesn't have it. Did you ignore her intentionally so it can fit your read or are you implying titus is scum as well?
And since Titus doesn't have it, by your own logic your only ability is the neighbourhood. Why don't you have another ability huh?

Yes, I do.

It's not semantics.

It's basic psychology.

You got called out for bs and are tryharding it
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:31 am

Post by Charloux »

Wow looking for scum motivation to fit ones reads sure is easy!
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:36 am

Post by Charloux »

VOTE: Kitty
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:08 am

Post by T3 »

In post 1412, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1308, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I will say that T3 feels the most underwhelming content-wise in our hood overall when comparing all players.
They're catching up.
Well given that I said that I was catching up multiple times
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:29 am

Post by T3 »

In post 1374, Mistyx wrote:does T3 tend to struggle as scum

bc they're kind of reminding me of myself when i sub in as scum
These are my most recent scum games.
Subbed in on mid-day 1: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89739
Played from start: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89796
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:00 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1420, T3 wrote:
In post 1412, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
They're catching up.
Well given that I said that I was catching up multiple times
It’s what you’re saying based on catchup that i find underwhelming.
Them defending you because you’re catching up seems both out of tune and kinda like talking on your behalf which is questionable.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:02 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think Kitty and Mastina are both good votes.

- Bunno
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:10 am

Post by Bell »

My neutral read on Norwe is dead. Long live a town lean.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”