Micro 1080: Brass and Shrapnel - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 249, Something_Smart wrote: I feel like the only one drawing attention to it, besides GS themselves, has been me.
Which, if you feel that scum are drawing attention to a TvT argument, answers your question about whom to vote I guess.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 249, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 247, Merlyn wrote: Like, I don't even have a good idea about who to vote for rn, and that's because the game is only about GS and I while scum lurks in the background and takes advantage of what was likely a TvT spat.
You think GS is town? On their own merits, or just because of the attention this conflict has received?

I feel like the only one drawing attention to it, besides GS themselves, has been me.
Am I crazy to think this could actually be SvS?

Have a little spat, and then when questioned by someone or someones outside the spat, start to downplay it.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 3:52 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 248, Something_Smart wrote: You should feel complimented rather than insulted, it means I'm holding you to a higher standard than GMo.

Or maybe I'm just numb to people saying "X is lying" when they mean "X is wrong". I did not read that post as antagonistic in the same way as I did yours.
LOL you said he did 'real dumb shit' the last time you played together, I think I feel about as complimented as I should.
In post 249, Something_Smart wrote: You think GS is town? On their own merits, or just because of the attention this conflict has received?
That's a great question. I don't know yet.
I feel like the only one drawing attention to it, besides GS themselves, has been me.
You, Jason, and Drew actually.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 251, Doctor Drew wrote: Am I crazy to think this could actually be SvS?

Have a little spat, and then when questioned by someone or someones outside the spat, start to downplay it.
Not crazy, just wrong.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 252, Merlyn wrote:
In post 248, Something_Smart wrote: You should feel complimented rather than insulted, it means I'm holding you to a higher standard than GMo.

Or maybe I'm just numb to people saying "X is lying" when they mean "X is wrong". I did not read that post as antagonistic in the same way as I did yours.
LOL you said he did 'real dumb shit' the last time you played together, I think I feel about as complimented as I should.
In post 249, Something_Smart wrote: You think GS is town? On their own merits, or just because of the attention this conflict has received?
That's a great question. I don't know yet.
You, Jason, and Drew actually.
Tbf, there is nothing else really going on in this game.

I am annoyed that Alianna has been MIA.

And I fear Bianco is trying to make up for Gmo's 'dumb shit'

What that means, yet to be determined.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 4:16 pm

Post by Skygazer »

finally done professing for the semester :)
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 255, Skygazer wrote: finally done professing for the semester :)
Hey, congrats!
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 5:09 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 254, Doctor Drew wrote: Tbf, there is nothing else really going on in this game.

I am annoyed that Alianna has been MIA.

And I fear Bianco is trying to make up for Gmo's 'dumb shit'

What that means, yet to be determined.
True enough. Okay, what are your thoughts on Smart? Regardless of what you think of their push on me, what are your thoughts on alignment?
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by Alianna »

Yeahhh, sorry about the inactivity.
I'm finding this game a little difficult to get into.
Could have something to do with the fact that the hydra's got ~30% of the posts in the thread and it feels like a lot of us are just spectators (myself included, that's not an accusation).
Maybe it's just because, like I said, I haven't really gotten into the game, but a lot of the stuff we're bickering about also feels pretty NAI.
Merlyn wagon is pretty meh.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
Mini Normal 2337 is in signups with 8/13 slots remaining!
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 7:53 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 258, Alianna wrote: Yeahhh, sorry about the inactivity.
Could have something to do with the fact that the hydra's got ~30% of the posts in the thread and it feels like a lot of us are just spectators (myself included, that's not an accusation).
Maybe it's just because, like I said, I haven't really gotten into the game, but a lot of the stuff we're bickering about also feels pretty NAI.
I think you only have half the issue here, it also doesn't help that 1/3 of our players are also the active lurker type that want content to happen without intervention, or at least that's how it feels to me.

UNVOTE: Merlyn
VOTE: SkyGazer
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 9:11 pm

In post 253, Merlyn wrote: Not crazy, just wrong.
hMMM is this a towntell in [current year]

To say that someone's reasons to suspect you are valid? I feel like we've hit the point where this kind of thing is standard scum fare but I really have no bead on the current site meta.

I hate to constantly be calling out things Merlyn does as scummy and I think it's bad for the game to do so, so I guess I'll go with my level 1 thinking and call this +town for now.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 9:16 pm

In post 258, Alianna wrote:Could have something to do with the fact that the hydra's got ~30% of the posts in the thread and it feels like a lot of us are just spectators (myself included, that's not an accusation).
This is a cop-out and a half. There is nothing stopping you from doing what the active players are doing; it's not like we're an exclusive club you can't join.

Now if you think everything is NAI, sure. That's the classic RVS problem, of how do we create content from nothing. But you can still create content there-- find something someone thinks is AI, write up a counterargument for why it isn't. Generate some discussion.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 10:41 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 224, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 219, Skygazer wrote: they give an aura of solving without like actual solving
when I read his ISO it looks like the opposite. He might be having thought processes (as evidenced by the reads he's stated), but he's not making them transparent.

What do you think he's doing to "give an aura of solving"?
I am autistic, I often have difficulties putting my thoughts into words properly.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 3:59 am

Post by T3 »

In post 172, Skygazer wrote:
In post 140, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 137, Skygazer wrote: i dont like how grandpa hasnt responded to my scumreading them
What is there to respond to?

That's just like me now saying that i scum read for example, Alianna, and just not saying anything but expecting a response anyway.

Like ok, you have an unbacked up thought, back it up with something and maybe it's response worthy.
generally i feel like town ppl are more like willing to ask "why" while scum generally ignore it and hope it goes away

at least thats what i do
Yeah, scum know they're guilty and they know that the scumread on them is correct, so they just don't want to engage. Grandpa also strikes me as a player who would want to engage with the scumreads on him.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 4:00 am

Post by T3 »

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 4:54 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 1.3

Merlyn (2) - KittyTacky, GrandpaSpino
Skygazer (2) - Something_Smart, JasonWazza
Something_Smart (1) - T3
Alianna (1) - Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew (1) - Alianna
JasonWazza (1) - Merlyn
KittyTacky (1) - Skygazer

Not voting (0)

(expired on 2023-05-23 17:54:00) remain until day end

biancospino is V/LA through Thursday.

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 5:21 am

Post by Skygazer »

hi sorry my life is tumultuous. roommate was missing but she turned up. more from me tonight
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 5:21 am

Post by Skygazer »

shes fine but her dad died so she took off to nyc without telling anyone
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 5:26 am

Post by Skygazer »

the push i wanna make right now will be stressful for me to make so i'm putting it off so i can get my ducks in a row and etc etc
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 6:22 am

Post by T3 »

In post 181, JasonWazza wrote: Merlyn, just to check, are you scum reading GrandpaSpino?

Or is this more gauging reactions?
Why post this?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 3:17 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 263, T3 wrote:
In post 172, Skygazer wrote:
In post 140, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 137, Skygazer wrote: i dont like how grandpa hasnt responded to my scumreading them
What is there to respond to?

That's just like me now saying that i scum read for example, Alianna, and just not saying anything but expecting a response anyway.

Like ok, you have an unbacked up thought, back it up with something and maybe it's response worthy.
generally i feel like town ppl are more like willing to ask "why" while scum generally ignore it and hope it goes away

at least thats what i do
Yeah, scum know they're guilty and they know that the scumread on them is correct, so they just don't want to engage. Grandpa also strikes me as a player who would want to engage with the scumreads on him.
FWIW, I don't tend to engage with scumreads on me regardless of alignment unless we're in lilo. I do understand why you're thinking that about GMo lol, just saying I don't find it a scumtell.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 3:17 pm

Post by Merlyn »

@MOD- speaking of our hydra, can we get a prod on GrandpaSpino?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 3:23 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 258, Alianna wrote: Yeahhh, sorry about the inactivity.

Yeah, I get that but we have to get content going somehow. What do you think of GS's mech strat they outlined earlier in ? This question is open to anyone btw.

Some of it's going over my head maybe. The first paragraph is about if we can win in one day, which I skipped through bc I don't care about that. But the rotational part is what I'm not sure I get.
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 3:26 pm

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 271, Merlyn wrote:
@MOD- speaking of our hydra, can we get a prod on GrandpaSpino?
um its literally been less than 24 hours and my partner is vla so

-mo
Hydra of GrandpaMo and biancospino.
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 242, Merlyn wrote: So here's the deal. I don't read GS as scum right now bc when I looked at their answers and accusations, they strike me as coming from blustery town.
BUT I COULD BE WRONG. Because we're actually not far into this game. So yeah, when I see inconsistencies, poor reasoning or things that might later mean something, I point them out.
In post 238, Something_Smart wrote: GMo is never going to answer "actually yes, I just scanned the game looking for an excuse to scumread you instead of making a fair analysis". And they're not really solving-minded, or they'd be directed at others ("hey, does anyone else think GMo's meta scan was bullshit?")
This was absolutely directed at other town reading along and thinking that GS had actually read that game. This isn't Jeopardy, I shouldn't have to put the answer in a form of a question!

This is the bottom line. I found some things I didn't like in GMo's posts. They're small, and everyone here should know that they're not really enough to build a case on. But they did happen. And at some point in the future, if they keep happening, they might not be so small anymore. But that's not the case right now.
and why havent we voted meryln yet?

-mo
Hydra of GrandpaMo and biancospino.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”