Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 562, TimmerRC wrote:
In post 560, DragonEater70 wrote: I still haven't caught up, and I am not sure when I will have time to fully catch up (I do intend to do ot as soon as I can),
Considering that i just found that you are basically voting more than the rest of the game combined right now, I would say that you are posting a ton and know very well where the game is at? You are def my top scumread at the moment.
So you think the more votes someone throws down then they are scum, is that your bottom line?
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:40 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 575, Afrayed Knott wrote:
So you think the more votes someone throws down then they are scum, is that your bottom line?
If someone is voting a ton, but always for people who already have votes, it pings me big time.

And if someone votes as much as they have and then says they are trying to catch up, it makes no sense to me.

Lots of votes with original thoughts = town

Lots of votes on other people's work = scum
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:42 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

So this is my summary post, and once again for my Fandom I am writing this in real time as I did before, so there will be a time gap.

Anyway. I really do not know what to think now. I need to reread both Comet and Kittie, as their recent interactions have placed a lot of doubt in my mind about where the sit with me ratm. I feel confident though that Timmer is a scum. Their re-emergence into the game seems contrived and this, if I am right, places a question mark over Black. But then I would like to hear from others on my post above regarding this.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:46 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 576, TimmerRC wrote:
If someone is voting a ton, but always for people who already have votes, it pings me big time.

And if someone votes as much as they have and then says they are trying to catch up, it makes no sense to me.

I don't see a particular pattern to it if they are changing votes a lot, but yes I suppose you could say that if they are skimming and changing that brings doubt into ones mind. However if they say they are skimming, and this statement is made quiet often, then ok. But from what I see DE is reading as he is picking up on issues within the thread, or am I being blinded by his fire and smoke?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

anyway off to cope with my manflu........ :(
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:03 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

That's a really weird take on me for two reasons:

1. I have in fact voted people for original thoughts. If you actually read any of the context of my votes, you'll see that I have provided cases for all/most of them that had nothing to do with why others were voting them (e.g. Comet voted Knott for not completing their thought in regarding to voting Python (IIRC), and I voted him for voting Comet).

2. The last time I voted anyone was on page 20. The first time I mentioned not being caught up was page 22, and now there are 3 more pages which I haven't read (though I did read page 20 and the beginning of page 21 yesterday). So I'm not "voting a lot and therefore clearly being caught up".
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:13 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 503, Black wrote: I like Kittie's and . I'm still getting newtown vibes here with the things she is choosing to focus on and push. I like that she reevaluated her Gimli/Python solve at the end of 499 and is considering VIP as a Gimli partner instead. It all just feels real to me even if I disagree with some of the reasons and the conclusion
I like this take
In post 514, Gimli wrote: I feel like python is playing a
good
game. solid stances, some thread control, relaxed and witty. A good game, but considering how what happened to timmer is what happened with every other LHF probable townie in the game (afrayed knott seems legitimate, so does kitty, for instance), then that means the scum, at least one of them, is doing exactly what python is doing. there are no scummy people left, so we have to look at who looks towny but doesnt
feel
very towny at all.
Interesting, I'll have to review Python when I'm less tired.
In post 517, Aneninen wrote:
In post 436, DragonEater70 wrote: Yes that's a valid reason to scumread Knott, but it's not what you said.
Can you explain? It was for Comet's
Unfortunately I can't, I'm feeling tired/sick this morning, just check the post you linked and compare it with the one where she originally voted Knott, she gives in this (linked) one a different (better) reasoning than in the original one.
In post 522, usesPython wrote: We don't have a problem with Tim lurking beyond its implications on the gamestate, our case on him is that when he
does
post thoughts it's stuff like
In post 81, TimmerRC wrote: VIP did a group read on post 59. Most of their thoughts seem fine, I'm personally not willing to label individual posts as townie or scummy yet as I don't know the site meta, but the "things noticed" were indeed things to be noticed. I'm guessing that much of the tone about Gimli asking about masons is there to get a reaction response from Gimli, so I like that.

Null read overall.

In regards to Gimli, one thing I noticed was a major bit of self-awareness in posts 46 and 47. It was a "it is simply too early for trying to make cases" thing I guess but overly self-aware can sometimes be a scumread for me, so... noted.
In post 89, TimmerRC wrote:
In post 87, Cometbright wrote:
I do find it interesting that you clearly grasp the idea of using votes to pressure people and then proceed to vote yourself. New scum players do tend to be a little scared of starting any conflicts so plays like that come across as a little people-pleasing and non-confrontational. Who's your biggest scumread right now?

As for the question though, generally speaking roleclaiming happens when someone is put at E-1 (one vote away from execution) and someone else announces an intent to hammer (cast the final executing vote) and they'll usually give a time-frame (e.g. "I'll hammer in 24 hours.") which gives the person on the gallows a chance to roleclaim so town avoids executing a PR.
I'm chuckling a bit because I just thought "oh, I should go remove that vote from myself" but then here's your post and now it would look reactionary, lol.

I'll do it anyway. UNVOTE: TimmerRC

Technically I'm only a newer player to this site's meta. It has been years since I played but back in the day I played a lot.

In terms of scumreads, the only thing I've got jotted down is that both Afrayed and Gimli seemed oddly defensive in tone in replying to people's thoughts against them considering it is all fluffy early game stuff.
In post 173, TimmerRC wrote:
In post 91, Afrayed Knott wrote: UNVOTE:
VOTE: TimmerRC

I’m not defensive at all. But I don’t like you right now.
:facepalm:

I agree with usespython in post 100 re: kitty, she reads as a first timer who doesn't seem to have built in self-awareness yet.

I'm realizing that even if it is early and mostly based on jokey things, that making scumreadlists and using/moving votes is an expected tool here, I'm not used to voting this early at ALL. (just read to #112, vip you touch directly on this, so bear with)

Afrayed in 117 he is just very absorbed about how he is being perceived in this game and working hard to define himself for us/to suggest that we see him as he wants us to see him, which I don't love.

Dragon #125, "What do you think about usesPython and Afrayed Knott? And what do you think about Comet?" I'm not loving Afrayed at all, and frankly let's just VOTE: Afrayed while I'm sitting on this vibe. I'll get back to you on the other two in a minute, I'm still getting used to reading a game that moves like this, keeping organized is an effing challenge, lol.
where none of it is
disagreeable
and you just nod your head but it never gives off town vibes

-A
I agree with this take, you just explained why I think this is Elpis 2.0 in a very concise way.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:14 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Finished page 21, going back to rest now.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:00 pm

Post by fferyllt »

V1.8

Male and female kappa statues at the Sogenji Buddhist shrine in Tokyo

In Japanese mythology, water sprites called Kappa (river boys) live in rivers and springs. They're roughly human in figure and the size of a small child. They have webbed hands and feet, a soft turtle shell on their backs, turtle-like faces, and a little bowl-like indentation on the top of their heads that holds water. If they leave the water to move about on land and their head-bowl dries out, they are profoundly weakened. So, they wear protective helmets when they venture out of the water. They like to engage in sumo wrestling. They are frequently accused of attacking humans who enter their watery domain.

TimmerRC (3):
usesPython, Afrayed Knott, DragonEater70
Afraid Knott (2):
Cometbright, Aneninen
usesPython (2):
Gimli, Black
Gimli (1):
Kittiesecret
Dragoneater70 (1):
TimmerRC

Not Voting (0):
no one

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate

Deadline: October 15, Midnight US Eastern Time. Please note this falls on a Saturday and plan accordingly.

countdown: (expired on 2023-10-14 23:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • Please let me know if you see any problems with the vote counts
  • :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:50 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Busy day here, so don't expect a lot
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:16 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 561, TimmerRC wrote: @python, you were vote-crazy in the early stage of the game, 10 of the first 31 votes were from you, 32% of them. And you were placing votes consistently through your posts, never making more than 9 posts between voting changes. But then you pulled back from voting, it seems.

From the moment you voted VIP (for real, not the hammer gambit), you made 30 posts in the game before moving your vote to me, and since that point you've made 15 posts without moving it again. And only one of the last 20 votes (5%) in the game was from you.

Are you moving away from RVS?
Yeah at this point we're using our vote to get people limmed instead of using it to get people to be readable
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:02 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 522, usesPython wrote: where none of it is disagreeable and you just nod your head but it never gives off town vibes
Reading Timmer all I can see is a frustrated townie. I haven't caught up yet, though.

In post 533, usesPython wrote: I'm saying Tim this game feels like Black in Newbie 2111
Can you summarize this? I have no time for checking old games right now.

In post 541, DragonEater70 wrote: Yes and no. I know some AI things happened, but I also know that I don't really care about any of them to be fully honest? You know how everyone was complaining about nobody being scummy? It was because no one WAS being scummy. The game didn't have anything scum indicative happening. You remember that I had to force a scumread on PAGE SEVEN? Not page 2. Not page 3. PAGE SEVEN. I was forcing a scumread because there was nothing to scumread.
So that's what I mean when I say nothing AI happened.
Okay, let's put it aside that I found about half of the players scummy (we've already talked a lot about this). Long ago, when nothing scummy happened, more often than not the scum were among those who produced little content. Not essentially lurking, sometimes this meant "empty posts" (which looked like reads or thoughts but if you tried to summarized them, you realized there had been little-to-zilch in them).
What if the same's happening here?

In post 550, Cometbright wrote: I actually missed the Anen posts regarding Knott, my bad - I'll respond to the pertinent bits.
In post 489, Aneninen wrote: So, Comet, does this mean that it wasn't only me whom that question had given bad vibes?
Yep. Not a strong point or anything but it gave me vibes of someone overly concerned with how they were being read and was the proverbial last straw for me to hop wagons.
In post 489, Aneninen wrote: There were about 13 minutes difference between Knott's #394 and #395, but only 3 minutes between #388 and #394. So he pre-wrote all the posts but not the conclusion? I don't think this is informative in itself. Is there anything I miss regarding this topic?
I think my reasoning at the time was that since #388-#394 were all put up as they were written it makes sense for them to be super clumped together whereas #395 was the post that in my head had subsequent alterations made to it (voting for VIP) so it would make sense for it to have a delay from the others.

But then would there really be that extended gap just to add in a vote without the explanation for it? Maybe if he was reading over the thread or even scum pt to discuss shifting wagons onto VIP...? I'm not entirely sold on this point. I feel like there's still something here about timeframes that I need to figure out but I acknowledge it's not really a strong or grounded point at this moment.
For me the first thing was definitely a stronger one, than the second one about the timeframes. However, am I right that the whole timeframe story generates more like a gut-read in you than a logical one?

In post 560, DragonEater70 wrote: 2. I think you are wrong on Timmer being "classic newbtown". Unfortunately I am phone posting and tired so you don't get links, but please go check patchwork's and OMIGRON's ISO's in newbie 2112 or even Comet's, and compare to Timmer's ISO here.
Then have a look at elpis's ISO in newbie 2114 (elpis was scum) and also compare it to Timmer here. Please tell me which ISO Timmer feels most similar to.
Just a self-reminder. If I happen to have time, I'll check it. But right now, I don't even have time to re-read you in THIS game.

Timmer, . Are you trying to read players on the basis of the number of their votes and their position on a wagon? I may know less than most others how Mafia's being played here, but I don't think it's a good idea. The latter part, the position, is not entierly bad, but I think it's much more complicated than launching/joining. The first part is something I've never found informative. How often a player moves their vote tells more about their general playstyle than about their alignment.

In post 564, Afrayed Knott wrote: Not feeling very hot right now, coming down with manful. So my posts maybe 1. Erratic, 2. With little thought and 3. short
Noted, I'll keep it in mind.

In post 565, Afrayed Knott wrote: Does no one else find this passage of interaction strange?

then again here to .

almost like, "Hey your wagon is rolling we need to deflect it away, so this is what is going to happen" or am I being paranoid?
Are you telling us that there's some hidden interaction between Timmer and Black?

In post 570, Afrayed Knott wrote: maybe, maybe knot, but I see your point. it's getting tiresome for me. that's why I am trying to shift
focus, but he keeps pecking away
What's "pecking away"? (I'm not a native speaker and I've never heard this before.)

In post 576, TimmerRC wrote: Lots of votes with original thoughts = town

Have you ever heard of the concept "lazy town"?
Also, scum can post "original thoughts" to build up cases.

In post 579, Afrayed Knott wrote: anyway off to cope with my manflu........ :(
Get well soon!

In post 581, DragonEater70 wrote: Unfortunately I can't, I'm feeling tired/sick this morning, just check the post you linked and compare it with the one where she originally voted Knott, she gives in this (linked) one a different (better) reasoning than in the original one.
Get well soon, you too!
Take your time, I owe you a post or two, too...
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:03 am

Post by Aneninen »

I'll have a readlist, but not today.
Off to Sisters of Mercy soon. I hope they won't cancel the show...
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:14 am

Post by Black »

In post 567, Afrayed Knott wrote: @
Black
- I didn’t vote for Commet as there was nothing moving on her, and then one of my other lim listers stared to role so I jumped on it. I voted for VIP to put a little pressure on as the game was IS going slowly. Nothing but big walls and lurkers, until now. seems the lurkers have awoken
Not voting your main scumread because no one else is voting them seems weird. I can understand this if it were later in the Day closer to the deadline but what is the point of not voting there this early in the game?

I actually agree with this somewhat. This isn't always the case but I think scum are way more likely to have unoriginal thoughts and votes
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:05 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

If anyone wants to know, I still feel like blegh.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:06 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 588, Black wrote: I actually agree with this somewhat.
This isn't always the case
but I think scum are way more likely to have unoriginal thoughts and votes
Is it the case with me?
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:27 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 588, Black wrote:
In post 567, Afrayed Knott wrote: @
Black
- I didn’t vote for Commet as there was nothing moving on her, and then one of my other lim listers stared to role so I jumped on it. I voted for VIP to put a little pressure on as the game was IS going slowly. Nothing but big walls and lurkers, until now. seems the lurkers have awoken
Not voting your main scumread because no one else is voting them seems weird. I can understand this if it were later in the Day closer to the deadline but what is the point of not voting there this early in the game?

I actually agree with this somewhat. This isn't always the case but I think scum are way more likely to have unoriginal thoughts and votes
Yeah, they tend to be blendy. Like someone else starts something and they say "yeah!" And vote with it. But they never take any stand of their own.

I'm still trying to learn the vibe here but that's the kind of thing I looked for where I used to play.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:32 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 586, Aneninen wrote:

Timmer, . Are you trying to read players on the basis of the number of their votes and their position on a wagon? I may know less than most others how Mafia's being played here, but I don't think it's a good idea. The latter part, the position, is not entierly bad, but I think it's much more complicated than launching/joining. The first part is something I've never found informative. How often a player moves their vote tells more about their general playstyle than about their alignment.
Well you have over 5k posts on the site, so I'd say you prob know how mafia is played here?

And yes, it's the positioning of the votes, and their tendency to always be a second or third vote on someone that caught my eye the most. When the games most frequent voter, which dragon is, never starts anything of their own, except for one lone time and they literally pull back from it one post later, I feel it needs to be pointed out.

In contrast, pythons vote clearly showed a transition from rvs to true hunting and that gives me a townie read on them.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:34 am

Post by TimmerRC »

My breaks over and playing on a phone sucks, but I'll shout out that it is immensely frustrating to have multiple people in the game be like "timmer let's hear some thoughts" and the instant I provide thoughts Knott is like "this is contrived he's scum".

I don't think it says Knott is scum necessarily, just pointing out that for a player struggling to keep up, that shit is demoralizing.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:41 am

Post by usesPython »

I like Tim's recent posts but if I throw him to the townpool we're back to having no real strong scumreads again. I think we're probably just gonna shrug exe anyone that pinged us today at this point

Black get better reads so we can sheep you

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:43 am

Post by usesPython »

Not willing to vote Kittie/Knott today period, probably won't vote DE/Black/Comet, leaves Gimli/Tim/VIP

-A
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:55 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Is A short for Alice (from your sig)?

Sorry for the dumb q
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:57 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

K I think I will have an early night. I'll engage more tomorrow / whenever I'm not sick.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:45 am

Post by TimmerRC »

Right now in the game I feel comfortable with python and kittie being town. Pythons shift in game play from rvs to Elim hunt feels right to me, and full disclosure I haven't had a ton of time to study kitties posts, many of them are novels, but it's clear she is actively trying to play and I don't tend to see that in newbie scums.

Afrayed and dragon would be on the scummier end of a list of I made one.

Everyone else is a blank in my head so this evening my plan is to give players like black, gimli etc some study.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:13 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 596, DragonEater70 wrote: Is A short for Alice (from your sig)?
Yep

-A

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”