Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:52 pm

Post by Uncle Pain »

Vote: Clu
. Because I’ve got no clue.

AndyTony
: My nickname is a relict from my young past. I still stick to it though, it’s kind of nostalgic. :)
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:09 am

Post by Uncle Pain »

ekiM
: Good thing you’re pointing this out. I myself had problems understanding the consequences of this setup when I first read it.

fuzzylightning
: I could vote you with the same logic. :)
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Uncle Pain »

Wow, being on a small trip for one day and a half in obviously enough to miss a whole argument. A rather odd one, that is. Like most of you, I don’t understand either how AndyTony came to his conclusion. I
can
imagine that Empking’s voting reason could have been taken seriously but what the hell for? I may be somewhat inexperienced (and also naive in this case) but I’ve never seen a serious vote on the first page. So my take on this is that AndyTony is overeager and/or overcautious; while I find it noteworthy, I don’t think it’s a scumtell at all. So let’s all calm down a bit and hunt scum, ok?
Some question that arose for me:
  • Empking
    : Do you think your vote is still justified?
  • fuzzylightning
    : What do you find scummier, Empking’s strong accusations or AndyTony’s flawed argument?
  • maadneet
    : What is your take on the whole argument?
  • AndyTony
    : Try to read the thread as if you were a thread visitor (i. e. not playing). Does this change your opinion on your argument against Empking?
  • Clu
    : Do you think the random voting stage is over?
  • ekiM
    : It may be off-topic but I’m interested why you find random voting retarded.
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Uncle Pain »

It’s been two days this week and I’ve already spent about 20 hours at my office. And I’m not even a permanent employee, goddamn! I sincerely hope the work schedule will becoming more relaxed, I really want to post more. For now, please bear with me and my upcoming Wall o’ Text, it’s been a lot to read and reply to.

AndyTony
:
AndyTony wrote:Your question to FL suggests a "flaw" and "argument"
This is because I think so, and because I think he tends to agree.
AndyTony wrote:I rather regard it as a misunderstanding over how one regarded a simple word
This is okay and I think I believe you here. Still you used it as an argument for some time without acknowledging Empking’s (quite valid, although a bit exaggerated) point of view. It’s okay to defend oneself – but one should always be open for other points of view.
AndyTony wrote:hence, based on his meta, I understandably INQUIRED as to just how serious it was
My take on your posts is that you rather questioned his randomness. You didn’t just ask “Hey, was that a serious vote?”, it was a “Hey, that was a serious vote!” – a completely different, in my opinion oversensitive approach.
AndyTony wrote:The "lies! Lies!" stuff bothered me because it had no base or reason or truth to it - - I don't like getting misrepresented when some random shouts nonesense about me - - I've heard this whole thing called a couple times an "Emp hole"
I agree that his reaction was not the best imaginable one either but I understand the reason behind it. “Emp hole” is a funny thing I will remember, though. :)
AndyTony wrote:You seemed pretty friendly to ekim's position on our set up and role claiming - - can you express your thoughts in detail on the subject and explain your idea on the pros and cons to claiming?
Mmh, “friendly”. Everytime someone used this word connected to me, it was meant negatively because it implied buddying up. Do you mean it like this, too?
Regarding your question, I think claiming is generally a thing that should be thought through well. I’ve always been careful about claiming because I’m still quite new to this game and I feel that I don’t fully understand the problems coming with it. My last game taught me that massclaiming could sometimes be a decent move for the town to block some paths scum can take. In our setup, I think massclaiming is a dangerous thing because we have 1,5 valueable power roles to lose by this. I agree with ekiM that individual claiming should be done as usual: there is no need for claiming earlier or more often, there is no use in delaying claims if they are useful (when being at L-1 e. g.).
AndyTony wrote:If you can't - - were you just agreeing with him to make nice?
Your unfounded attempt to connect me to him is noted.
AndyTony, to ekiM, wrote:I'm not gonna lie - you're not making me feel like it's alright to casually be opposed to it - - I'm not trying to grill you man, but you're implying I'm suspicious and made a personal attack on my private life and how I "plan" it - pretty uncool, dude -
Ok dude, take a seat, lean back, close your eyes, breathe in deeply, relax. Enjoy the silence of the moment. Then breathe out and feel the anger flowing out of your body. Now gently lean forward and open your eyes again. Enjoy what you’re seeing. You feel refreshed, you feel calm. You like the world, the world likes you.
Now read ekiM’s posts again. And realize that he didn’t attack you personally. And realize that he has absolute legitimate points.
AndyTony wrote:I have thoughts and opinions and would like them treated with the same consideration anyone would deserve - and that involves at least acknowledging them in detail
I think this developed into some kind of mutuality. You yourself don’t seem to acknowledge other people’s arguments very well: Empking needed a lot of posts to show you that the whole vote matter was a misunderstanding. ekiM has a reasonable point of view and yet you insist on your own while criticizing his. It’s not that the players are born with not liking you or something like that; be open and friendly and others will be similar towards you.

In general, you make the impression to me that you try to draw everyone in meta-discussion: first the vote matter (which at least had some reason), now it’s the “Was it a plan or not?” stuff. I think I’m open to different approaches to this game but yours looks just plainly unhelpful for finding scum. And this I find scummy.
Unvote. Vote: AndyTony.

fuzzylightning
: I like your answer in #55 but there in one thing that strikes me:
fuzzylightning wrote:I will admit, I am biased against Empking in most cases because he doesn't normally provide much help to the town.
fuzzylightning wrote:
FoS: AT
for bringing meta into the discussion. Every game is different, and just because someone played one way in one game doesn't mean he/she is scum or town based on the way he/she is playing in this game.
Don’t you think this is somewhat hypocritical? First you admit to use meta on Empking, then you attack AndyTony for using meta?

Empking
:
Empking wrote:UP: Why do you think my accusations are stronger than AT's?
Because although I think you went too far by saying “AT lied”, you had a decent ground to stand on. AndyTony on the other hand just blindly guessed that your vote was meant serious and to join a bandwagon, something I simply can’t agree on. It just smells like deliberate misunderstanding.

ekiM
:
ekiM wrote:The sense I get is that AndyTony is trying very hard to initiate scumhunting in this game, but all his attempts seem weird to me. He's picking up on things I don't find scummy at all.
To be honest, I have the feeling that he is either behaving newbie-ish or he deliberately tries to provoke players. The first possibility can be striked out; but why provoke players he doesn’t know anything about, while at the same time it makes himself look suspicious? See above for my current conclusion on this.
ekiM wrote:… Of course, circumstances may dictate a deviation from the plan, but that doesn't mean it's preferable to have no plan at all.
Full ack on your position here. Absolutely sensible.

Clu
:
Clu wrote:ekiM doesn't apparently want to be drawn into discussion on things he doesn't consider useful, which I suppose is fair enough. However, there is a fine line between 'not useful to the game' and 'personally disadvantageous' - obviously scum wouldn't want to get involved with debates that would cast suspicion on them. Just a possibility.
I guess this is a valid observation but I tend to agree with ekiM here. I’ve learned that meta-discussion is usually pointless and doesn’t help finding scum at all. ekiM openly distances himself from such discussion, which – to be honest – is some kind of town tell for me. It may of course be his personal interest to be like this but he also serves town by behaving like this.
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:16 pm

Post by Uncle Pain »

AndyTony
: First, some clarification. Because you seem to need it. :)
The word “meta” is not only used as an abbreviation for “metagaming”. In fact, whenever I speak of metagaming, I use the word “metagaming”. What I meant with “meta discussion” has nothing to do with metagaming but means a kind of discussion that is more abstract and less concrete. See here for more information. Just to be sure, I’ll put another disclaimer in my signature.
AndyTony wrote:1.I had a dispute with Emp over the use of the word random - - And the second dispute was with ekim over a misunderstanding (that was resolved)
Both of them took a lot of posts to get through and were – in my opinion – unnecessary had there been more comprehension from your side. Hence I concluded that you did that deliberately.
AndyTony wrote:2. I haven't tried to loop anyone in on meta discussion, that's not a goal in anyway - - can you please elaborate?
But you made this impression to me, strongly that is. I mean, argueing for 20 posts about what the difference between “not random” and “serious” is? Give me a break. Argueing for another 20 posts about if ekiM’s thoughts were actually a plan for town? Give me another break. This is so unrelated to the actual game that I call it meta discussion. Your contributions so far have circled around these two subjects and although I’d like to be refuted, I don’t see a good reason to put so much energy in two useless discussions while losing sight of our real task: finding scum. Unless you
are
scum. Which brings me to your third point…
AndyTony wrote:3. You state that I'm "unhelpful in finding scum"
Do you actually think your posts so far have helped the town? They may have helped you – but as I see it, you alone. I’m not saying that there have been a lot substantial posts in this game but at least the others didn’t try to bother with meta discussion.
AndyTony wrote:Are you suggesting you would like me lynched for the sake of utility?
So, just for getting me right: if I haven’t completely lost my head, our task as townies is to find and lynch scum. This is – besides having fun – our ultimate game goal. In consequence, every townie should do his/her best to pursue this goal. If a townie doesn’t at least try to find scum, what is his/her purpose regarding the rest of the townies? To me, unhelpful behaviour is at least suspicious. In your case even twice. Hence my vote.
AndyTony wrote:Do you think you help the town when you opporutnistically L-1 me instead of discuss with others - you're sure they're all innocent, you've heard enough from them all, have you?
I’m absolutely
not
sure who is who. But I’ve come to the point that you could well be one of the bad guys. There is nothing opportunistic about this, I just act according to my scumdar. I’m aware of the risk of L-1 and I’m willing to take the consequences. Don’t forget you’re still alive, you can still change things.
AndyTony wrote:take a deep breath, do some Uta Hagen exercises and Stanislavski's four brothers and find ideal centre!
Glad you liked my therapy session. :D
AndyTony wrote:FL brought up the "Meta talk" you held against me - -he pushed the subject, I wasn't trying to steer ANYONE toward meta - I mentioned it once, but in NO WAY tried to start a discussion on it, I stick to my opinions, ppl stick to theirs -
As I elaborated above, I meant something different with “meta discussion”. BTW, I admit I missed this post of yours so I didn’t realize you’ve brought up the hypocrisy argument already. You bringing it up, too, is a sign for me that you may be interested in helping town.
AndyTony wrote:So you start your case on me saying I try to draw people into meta discussion - can you elaborate on how I try to draw ppl into
discussing
meta, and how I try to draw them into it? Were there multiple attempts?
Once again, see above for clarification regarding “meta discussion”.
AndyTony wrote:"The first vote matter" - - can you elaborate on how this constitutes a reason to put me at L-1? I didn't vote or FoS, I made an inquiry
Please look at the whole picture, not at single points only. My vote on you is based on
both
your meta discussions. One of them and I could have thought “well, just a strange guy” but twice strikes me as an attempt to direct the discussion in a way not helpful for the town.
AndyTony wrote:"Was it a plan or not?" stuff? - - Did you read the last few posts between ekim and I, and see where our misunderstanding was? What was scummy?
I saw that you resolved your issue. Still I find it very odd to begin such a (useless) discussion at all.
AndyTony wrote:You're open to different approaches, but want to vote me for mine? - Can you elaborate?
What is there to elaborate anymore? To boldly quote myself: “yours looks just plainly unhelpful for finding scum.” For further elboration, look around in this post or my previous one.
AndyTony wrote:What makes my approach different? Of asking people questions regarding posts - - Please elaborate
The more you ask me to elaborate, the more I wonder if you actually understand what I write. My problem with your approach, as stated before already (!), is not you asking question (which is basically a good thing) but the kind of questions you ask and the kind of discussion you arise with them and pursue.
AndyTony wrote:Unhelpful for findins scum? - - Can you elaborate on how putting me at L-1 for these loose and unclear reasons makes you feel confident I'm scum?
Now we even have bad logic. I didn’t vote you because voting you makes me feel confident of you scum. That would be circular and an absolutely BS reason to vote. I voted you for your behaviour. See above for elaboration.
AndyTony wrote:This whole thing stinks and seems opportunistic - - I don't like being on L-1 without having seen an actual case laid out with evidence - concrete evidence -
I’ve given you a lot of elaboration on my reasons and I’m fine with it. Besides, as you realize in your next paragraph, I’m not the only one responsible for you being at L-1.

BTW, what the hell is “utility lynching”? I smell another misunderstanding here…
AndyTony wrote:Uncle Pain, that's how you vote someone.
Oh, please forgive me, Great Master o’ Votes, for even considering to criticize your infinite Mafia wisdom. SCNR. :)
Seriously, what is this acting up as an authority for?
AndyTony wrote:if you find a single thing SCUMMY about me, please present it and I'm happy to address it.
Sorry for the sarcasm but I see how happily you’re addressing my points about you. They may not be waterproof but you still deny any scummity about them. Take a look over your own nose.
AndyTony wrote:Maadnet, emp, Clu? No wonder I'm getting a weak quick lynch with no evidence of scum on me - - I'm the most active and it's being taken advantage of
You know, although many factors play a role in Mafia, it also applies here that man forges his own destiny. You act oddly, you get criticized. You continue to act oddly, you get voted. Show me your townish side and I’ll drop my vote.

fuzzylightning
:
fuzzylightning wrote:Honestly, UP what are you trying for, if you are putting him at L-1 you better have a better case than something based on a few misunderstandings that were ironed out, as none of them are clear enough scumtells to lynch someone over. Honestly, I want everyone who has a vote on AndyTony to put out reasons as to why they feel he is the best lynch for today.
The issues may have worked out but I have a problem with how they were put up by AndyTony to begin with. It’s just too odd for me to believe it’s only oversensitive or overcautious. I agree they were not scumtells by themselves but I find his behaviour scummy in the context of things, as elaborated above. Of course I could be badly wrong about him and just take his posts the wrong way. But currently he doesn’t give me this impression so my vote stands.
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Uncle Pain »

AndyTony
:
AndyTony wrote:I'm not surprised that Emp has a vote on me without evidence/a strong case, but Clu and UP are curiously confident with a lot of doubt in their posting.
So Empking has the “right” to vote whoever he wants for whatever reason, just because he’s Empking? I think his vote on you weighs just as much as Clu’s or mine and should not, never be underestimated.

Oh, and just to show you a mirror: you’re whining about how you get attacked/criticized the most. Well, look at me, I’m currently the most verbose attacker of you – in consequence, you attack me the most. By the way, Clu hasn’t brought up a better reason to vote you yet, but all you say to him (again) is “I still urge you to re-evaluate your case”, not even a FoS. Correct me if I got something wrong but this smells hypocritical.

So, about your voting reasons against me:
AndyTony wrote:UP - - admitted that I tried to help town (with the FL question)
-------admitted that there are no scumtells on me
-------His case has absolutely NOTHING on me except for his opinion on my behavior (which he further admits can be terribly wrong, in an attempt to distance himself from responsibility when I don't flip scum)!!!
  1. The original quote from #93 is: “You bringing it up, too, is a sign for me that you may be interested in helping town.” Please notice the use of the word “may”. I did
    not
    say “look, he helps town” but rather “hmm, could be helping the town”. I’ll file this under
    taken out of context
    if you’re okay with that. You totally overestimate the meaning of this remark because my general impression of you was and still is leaning a lot towards scum (which is obvious from my posts, I think). You know, I’m not only looking for scummy points about you but also for townish points and frankly I don’t see a problem with that. It’s of course your decision to just ignore my opinions on you being scummy and just focus on my (few!) points about you being townie. For my part, I will always consider the whole picture.
  2. Another one that I’d like to file under
    taken out of context
    – or rather
    deliberately misquoted
    ? Original quote from #93: “I agree they were not scumtells by themselves but I find his behaviour scummy in the context of things”. As a late Christmas present, I’ll rephrase it for you: If anyone states that there is nothing inherently scummy about both your meta discussions, I have to agree. On the other hand, seen in the context of the whole game, things look to me that you twice tried to push the discussion into directions that aren’t actually useful for hunting scum. And since hunting scum is crucial for us townies, it should be the priority task for everyone of us. So your behaviour struck (and still strikes) me as un-townish, which I take as a scumtell. If you want to criticize my original wording because it was unclear, I apologize.
  3. Well, I didn’t only say “I think you’re scum” but I laid out my reasons and how I came to this conclusion. So NOTHING (sic) is not true. If you want to counter my case, please show me where my reasoning went wrong. About my “attempt to distance” myself from my own statements, well, please read the paragraph properly: “Of course I could be badly wrong about him and just take his posts the wrong way. But currently he doesn’t give me this impression so my vote stands.” This is a sign of a small remainder of insecurity about my vote. So small that I say in the last sentence that my vote stands. Think about it, how should I use this as a Day 2 argument in case you don’t flip scum?
In the end, your case against me looks mostly OMGUS: you’re afraid of the lynch and go for the sincerest attacker of yours.

ekiM
:
ekiM wrote:When reading post 87 I was surprised when UnclePain voted for AT. It seemed like his whole post up until that point was leading to the opposite conclusion.
Why? What made you expect a different conclusion?
ekiM wrote:Waiting on another post from maadneet.
QFT.
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #6) » Sun May 03, 2009 10:05 pm

Post by Uncle Pain »

WHAT THE HELL AndyTony! So now you proved you’re town by lynching yourself. And at the same time you hurt town by lynching yourself. Although you’re the cop?! What is wrong with you? I was mistaken, so were the other two – but did you really have to show it this way? Can’t you play sensibly?

Duh, one townie gone because he lost his nerves. That’s not how I want to play Mafia. :(
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #7) » Mon May 04, 2009 12:42 am

Post by Uncle Pain »

Empking
: Hmm, I understand your point, giving his own life to reveal the cop… but there are two strong points against it: firstly, it all depends on the timing of the self-vote in comparison to Spolium’s reaction to it (Dusk/Night). Secondly, there’s only a 50% chance that we have a cop at all. I consider it too risky to pull off such a trick. But I agree with you: just in case, let’s wait until Day 2. We lose nothing by doing so.

AndyTony
: I can’t stop shaking my head… If you don’t have the will to play this game properly (which includes defending as good as possible,
especially
when being at L-1, and also includes playing for your team, not against it!), you shouldn’t join in the first place.
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #8) » Mon May 04, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Uncle Pain »

Indeed, thanks for pointing that out. I begin to realize that his setup indeed is very interesting and not as “easy” as I thought when I signed up for it.

Now if our beloved mod came back from his V/LA… ;)
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #9) » Wed May 06, 2009 10:20 pm

Post by Uncle Pain »

PhilyEc
: Welcome aboard! I hope you’ll be more active than maadneet. :) Can you please elaborate which scumtells you found about AndyTony? IIRC, there was no consensus about which of his actions were actually scummy.

fuzzylightning
:
fuzzylightning wrote:Emp, how is there a 100% chance of that?
If any of the power roles had claimed, AndyTony’s scumbuddy would have known the setup plus one power role (the claiming one).

To be honest, I’m at a loss now. Having re-read the thread, I realized that the whole Day 1 discussion focused so much on AndyTony that I can hardly find any tells (whether scum or town) on anyone else. Since ekiM’s first post (#8) I had a townish feeling about him but he’s gone; Clu also made some good points; fuzzylighting is neutral on my scumdar; Empking looks no odder than usual; and since maadneet was a complete null tell to me because of his flakiness, I’m curious to see how PhilyEc will evolve.

So we’re in LYLO now. We need discussion, guys. I’ll try to start with some questions:
  • Do you think scum was on the wagon?
  • Do you think AndyTony had some valid points?
  • Who do you currently suspect most?

Mod: The thread topic is not up to date.
Good thing I rarely look at the topic but at the name of the last poster.
YOU SAW NOTHING.
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #10) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by Uncle Pain »

I’m terribly sorry for becoming so inactive. This week at work was total hell for me and I regularly fell into bed right after getting home. I’m happy to have some breathing space today so I’ll read up and post my thoughts right after my lessons. Again, I’m very sorry.
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #11) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Uncle Pain »

Finally, my overdue reply. Thank you for bearing with me.

As I see it, there are several points I want to address:
  • Empking’s massclaim thing:
    I did notice, too, that his statement came out of nowhere. With no real reason why he stated it all of the sudden and without a benefit for the town, it looks like a strange attempt to create discussion. But to be honest, it fits in my picture of Empking.
    Regarding the actual matter, I don’t see what a mass claim would gain for us townies. All of us now know it’s two vanillas, one nurse and two scums.
  • Defending my AndyTony case:
    Just to clarify, I did
    not
    lynch AndyTony single-handedly. Clu and Empking were with me and I can only speak for myself. And let’s not forget that AndyTony himself also carries ¼ of the guilt.
    My point was all the time that AndyTony jumped on odd conclusions extremely quickly and thus got himself into seriously unnecessary and unimportant discussions. I have so far played only newbie games, and in such a game, I would most likely have filed such behaviour under “noobish, prolly not scummy”. But this isn’t a newbie game and AndyTony isn’t a newbie either, as evidenced by his high number of posts. And to increase the my doubts about his townishness, he did it twice – once about non-random vs. serious voting reason and once with ekiM about semantics (plan vs. suggestions). So it was plainly deliberate behaviour, which rang bells in my head: creating meta-discussion to direct the town away from hunting scum, twice, deliberately. I saw that he was at L-2 already but this was a clue too obvious for me to just FoS him. On the other hand, I was of course not
    fully
    certain of his alignment since it was just one clue and it could still be explained by an extremely oddly playing, overeager, overcautious townie. But I was definitely not believing so, hence my vote. Furthermore I was rather expecting a retreat of Clu’s random vote – obviously not something to count on but so it was like 2.5 votes on AndyTony in my head. Well, until he got sick of defending and hammered himself. On my part, I expect people to play this game more or less sensibly. If I had considered that the main suspect hammers himself, L-1 would have become an “almost lynched” and L-2 an “almost L-1” and I would not have voted him. But honestly, do
    you
    think and play like that? Even if AndyTony had predicted in his first posts that he may hammer himself in case things got too hot, I wouldn’t have believed him because it’s just stupid play.
    I stated before that I knew my case was not waterproof because it relied on a single fact and the assumptions that based on it. But it was a strong case to me and I don’t think I would behave much differently if a similar situation arose again in another game. Of course, unless AndyTony was in the game, too – sometimes I do learn from mistakes.
  • My current suspicions:
    I have not much more to go with compared to Day 1 or to #140 but I currently do have a closer look on fuzzylightning because of his reluctant play which seems like dodging any suspicions and attacks flying around. I view Empking rather neutrally, I don’t like his style but he had a decent reason for his Day 1 vote. On the other hand, I have a rather townish feeling on Clu and PhilyEc, both of them pose relevant questions although Clu seems a bit hot-headed sometimes.

PhilyEc
:
PhilyEc wrote:(and yes scum have to make an effort at this question too)
What was that about?
PhilyEc wrote:
Clu wrote:That is an odd, odd question. The only person that knew AT was the cop was AT, so why are you treating it like it was a deliberate move on UP's part?
Consider the fact that this was a mislynch and majority of the town were involved. 3 people drove this lynch in my eyes, and at least one of them is scum.
How does this make my vote on AndyTony a deliberate cop lynch? How should I have known that he was the cop? Back then, I didn’t even know if we had a cop at all.

Clu
:
Clu wrote:Some of the scum must be trying to lie low right now.
What was that about?
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #12) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:44 am

Post by Uncle Pain »

PhilyEc
:
PhilyEc wrote:Okay, so you have one suspect? I was hoping for at least two..
Well, if I put all four of you in a list ordered by scumminess, I’d get a second suspect. But it would be useless because I hardly have anything to back it up. IMHO we should play this Day considerately, trying to make up for the lack of useful discussion on Day 1. I think this will bring up some aspects.
PhilyEc wrote:I'm stating that this lynch was scum driven in my eyes. The fact that he was a cop was just a major benefit but a case like that would have never stood unless scum settled the doubts of the town players through some sort of success on logic (easy to do with Andy's huge pile of mistakes and backtracking).
Very true but after all, that’s the basic aim of scum, isn’t it. I do agree though that AndyTony made himself a very easy scapegoat back then… and I fell for it.
PhilyEc wrote:
Clu wrote: Empking: I'm not sure, but given that from what I gathered he always plays like this, he doesn't come across as scummy.
Concerningly similar to what Uncle Pain said.
Not really concerning but more of a consensus, forum-wide I’d presume. This shouldn’t strike out any real scumminess about him, though.

Clu
:
Clu, regarding PhilyEc, wrote:I have my misgivings, as you're very much dictating the pace of things right now. I'm not certain if you're a strong townie trying to get results or scum trying to lead us along.
I guess it’s possible for anyone to “lead” the discussion. Leadership alone is rather a null tell in my eyes.
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #13) » Mon May 18, 2009 2:24 am

Post by Uncle Pain »

Empking, he hasn’t posted since your demand for claim. Why are you so impatient and take the risk to lose the whole game?

Or are
you
rather the scummy one?
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #14) » Mon May 25, 2009 1:09 am

Post by Uncle Pain »

Erm… well. Been away over the weekend and now I’m facing a win that I don’t really earn because of my low activity. I really was busy, it wasn’t lurking. Although I admit that lurking would have looked the same and everything went not-bad. Being my first game as scum, I think I gained some important experience here. Mostly, regarding maadneet’s and my play: lurking is underestimatedly scummy.

When Empking voted fuzzylightning, I really hoped that somehow PhilyEc and I could quicklynch him. But since this needed good timing, I considered it too dangerous. After all, time was playing for us: if no one had been lynched, we would have won, too.

AndyTony was a perfect target for my Day 1 attacks. I really hoped to get him lynched by insisting on my POV but I would never have expected a self-lynch. Thanks a lot! :) I really thought I’d be #1 target on Day 2 for this but apparently there was too little for town to go after. OTOH, PhilyEc did much better than me. It was a good thing for scum he began to lead town; I couldn’t have pulled this myself.

And finally, I’ve just realized that I misunderstood the setup
again
. I didn’t roleblock anyone on Night 1 because I was sure that there was a nurse although there was a 50% chance for a deputy. Lucky me that Clu didn’t bring forward any results…

Thank you all for this game and also for bearing with busy-(lazy-)me. I will take a break from Mafia for as long as I’m too busy to keep up in a single game.

Clu
: Who did you investigate, and why?

ekiM
: I knew you were dangerous for us quite from the start. It was obvious you had to go Night 1, otherwise I definitely wouldn’t have survived Day 2.

Empking
: Why your vote on fuzzylightning? It was the beginning of the end, did you really know what you were doing?

PhilyEc
: Good work, dude! I don’t think things would have worked out so nicely without your attacks against fuzzylightning.

Spolium
: I like your approach to modding. The Quicktopic thread for scum, the usage of a countdown website for deadlines, the links in the first posts,… It all just looks well thought through. I’m looking forward to playing in another game of yours! I just have one idea: posting the night choices after the game would be nice. :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”