Mini 1353 - Dr. Who Mafia - The End of Time (Game Over)

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Mini 1353 - Dr. Who Mafia - The End of Time (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:17 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Doctor Who Mafia – The Complete Tenth Doctor Series

Modded by:
Magnaofillusion
Back-up Modded by:
Kdub
Reviewed by:
Faraday

On an Adventure in Time and Space (Alive)
– (1/13)

Spoiler: The winner is here!
T-Bone – Brother of Mine, Mafia Jack of All Trades survived and won.

* = Number of Mod prods received.

Lost in the Time Vortex (Dead)
– (12/13)

Spoiler: Here there be Bodies …
Faraday - Madame de Pompadour, Vanilla Town Plot Device was killed pre-game.

jasonT1981 – Jenny, the Doctor’s Daughter, Vanilla Town was lynched Day 1.

Tierce – Father of Mine, Mafia Goon was killed Night 1.

kortul – The Vashta Nerada, Town Hider was killed Night 1.

Iecerint – The Tenth Doctor, Serial Killer was lynched Day 2.

Korlash – Mickey Smith, Vanilla Town was killed Night 2.

Acosmist - Sister of Mine, Mafia Goon was lynched Day 3.

Starbuck – Rose Tyler, Town 1-Shot Commuter was lynched Day 4.

GreyICE - Agatha Christie, Vanilla Town was killed Night 4.

Zang – Jackie Tyler, Vanilla Town was lynched Day 5.

CryMeARiver – Wilfred Mott, Vengeful Town was killed Night 5.

triangle123 – Elton Pope, Vanilla Town was lynched Day 6.

Greenknight – The Master, Town Conditional Bulletproof Bodyguard was killed in Endgame

Fell Through to a Parallel Universe (Mod-Killed)
– (0/13)

Thankfully empty! Congrats to all for that.

Fiddling with a Vortex Manipulator (Replacements)

1. Quilford

Links to Important Events

Pre-game
Day 1
Day 2
-
Day 3
Day 4
- . .
Day 5
- . .
Day 6

Current Deadline

The game is complete.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:21 am, edited 32 times in total.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:17 am

Rules – long ago stolen from Kdub.

General Rules

A1) The mod's decisions are final.
A2) If you feel that I have made a mistake or otherwise have questions, you may send me a PM or post a bolded message in thread like this -
Mod: (message)
A3) You may not discuss this game outside of the game thread unless your role allows you to. This includes PMs, emails, QTs, AIM and other instant messaging services, or any other form of communication be it written or verbal. This includes 'Rant buddies'. Want to rant? Pm me ... I enjoy reading them.
A4) You may not discuss other games still in progress in this game thread, even if you are dead in that game.
A5) If you are dead, you may not post in the game thread or communicate with living players about the game. This
includes
Bah posts.
A6) You may not quote or pretend to quote private communications with the mod or other players. You may paraphrase but if in my judgment it is too close to a quote you may be subject to punishment. You may not make reference to timing of any communication provided by the Mod to you in thread or any other means of communication.
A7) You may not post in invisible, small, or encrypted text. A good rule of thumb on stenography – if the average person could not see the intended message when told how it was created or if the stenography requires outside of thread resources (language translation, etc) it isn’t acceptable.
A8) You may not edit any posts even if you have the power to do so.
A9) Please do not post in
blue
text. This is my mod color. The only exception is use of blue in a VC analysis to distinguish players whose alignment has already been publicly provided.
A10) Breaking any rules may result in penalties, up to and including Modkill. If you are modkilled, you may lose the game, even if your faction eventually wins based on the Mod's discretion. I will decide whether or not modkills end the day.
A11) Do not post from any account other than the one active in the game. Infractions will result in penalties even if no advantage for your faction appears to be gained.
A12) I reserve the right to add or modify rules or make exceptions to any existing rules if I feel there is a situation that requires the mod to intervene.

Voting

B1) Votes must be bolded like this:
Vote: Playername
. Use of the Vote Tags are encouraged.
B2)
Unvotes
are appreciated but not required. To unvote you need to post it in bold.
B3) A lynch will occur when one player has the majority of the available votes for the day. A majority is defined as half the total living players in the game, rounded down, plus 1 additional vote.
B4) If at deadline no player has achieved a majority of votes a no-lynch will occur.
B5) Once a player has the majority of votes needed for a lynch, the lynch is final and further votes and unvotes will not count
B6) You may
Vote: No-lynch
. A no-lynch will occur when the at least half of the votes available in a given day are cast for “no-lynch”.
B7) I will interpret the intent of anything that appears to be a vote at my own personal discretion. If it looks to me as a valid attempt to vote with some technical deficiency (a misspelled or shortened name, a misspelling of vote, etc) then I will treat it as a valid vote. Votes cast by alternate accounts will be considered valid.

Deadlines and Activity

C1) The first Day will have an initial deadline of 2.5 weeks (18 days). After that point each Day will last 2 weeks (14 days) when more than 5 players are alive. Each Day will last 1.5 weeks (11 days) when less than 6 players are alive.
C2) Days will not officially end until the mod locks the thread, regardless of whether a player has accumulated enough votes to be lynched or the deadline has passed. Players may continue to post until then.
C3) Night phases will last for 48 hours from the time the thread is locked at the end of Day. Night actions must be submitted within 48 hours to be guaranteed to be accepted. The next Day will start at the earliest possible time after the 48 hour period has expired.
C4) If a night action is not submitted, no action will be taken.
C5) If a replacement is needed during a night phase, I will extend the Night deadline when a replacement is found regardless of whether the player being replaced has a night action or not. This may be waived if the replacement feels that they have sufficient time to do a full-catchup and take any necessary Night actions.
C6) I will try to prod players when they have not posted for 48 hours. Players may also request prods on other players that may be granted if the Mod feels they are reasonable. All prods will be announced in thread.
C7) If a player does not respond to a prod within 24 hours, or if they need to be prodded too often, they will be replaced. This will be up to the discretion of the mod. Player requested prods will not count towards this rule.
C8) If you will be unable to post for over 48 hours, inform the mod through PM or in the game thread. All V/LA notifications will be made public by the mod unless the player has already done so.
C9) I will try to post vote counts at least once every 24 to 48 hours. Players may request a new vote count at any time and one will be provided at the earliest opportunity by the Mod.

Sportsmanship

D1) Remember, mafia is a team game. Always play to win.
D2) Don’t be a jerk. This includes spamming the thread unnecessarily and attacking other players personally. Behavior that personally offends my sensibilities will result in warnings or punishment that does not benefit your affiliation’s interest based on the severity of the transgression. Consider this your fair warning. Note – This rule
WILL
be enforced.
D3) Treat this game as a commitment and try to stay active out of fairness to the other players.
D4) You may NOT claim to be scum partners with another player. Feel free to claim being scum independent of your partners if you wish. Violating this rule even in jest will result in Modkill.

Other Notes about this Setup and Game

E1) All Night actions will be resolved using Natural Action Resolution. Remember the golden rule involving NAR … the timing list only comes into play when a direct conflict occurs. In the eventuality that a conflict arises that Natural Action Resolution cannot resolve the Mod reserves the right to make a decision based on his personal goals that went into the game design.
E2) If there is a conflict between the rules and what is written in a player's role PM, the role PM language takes precedence.
E3) Players with multiple choices for active night actions may only perform one active action per night unless otherwise stated in the role PM. Factional abilities are considered Active. The only exception to this rule is that the sole surviving active member of a non-Town faction may take one non-Factional Active action in addition to any Factional action they may have.
E4) Non-investigative type roles with an Active ability will not be told if their action was successful or not. Investigative roles will be told something along the lines of "No Result" if their action was unsuccessful.
E5) Protective abilities block all normal kill attempts (even stacked attempts) unless explicitly stated otherwise.
E6) Expect the unexpected. Do not assume that standard expectations are applicable to the game.
E7) All QTs will be made public at game’s completion. Don’t say anything in there that you would not want being aired in public.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:17 am

All Role Pms have been sent out. If you did not get one PM me! The game will start when 11 of 13 players have confirmed via PM.

1. Tierce

2. Iecerint

3. kortul

4. GreyICE

5. Greenknight

6. Korlash
7. jasont1981

8. Acosmist

9. Starbuck

10. T-Bone
11. Zang

12. triangle123

13. CryMeARiver

Note -
bolded
are confirmed.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:47 am, edited 11 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:23 am

Prélude

So much confusion … I awake not in my familiar Palace bed but in this strange place. The furniture is plain and unremarkable. I find my clothing has been transported with me to the dresser. I open the door into a hallway. I hear voices that sound just as distressed as I feel.

Down the hall I carefully walk not knowing if danger awaits me. I enter a grand foyer, like those found in the Palace at Versailles. People mill about here. Some talk to each other with the familiarity of old friends. Others look on from corners with a look of confusion and discomfort on their faces.

I hear bits of converstaions –

“I don’t understand … what has he done this time?”

“…crossing of Time-Lines that could lead to catastrophic collapse of the Time Stream and reality …”

“stocked just like a hotel … there’s plenty of food and drink in the pantry to last us a year …”

I look up and that’s when I notice it. The ceiling is glass … and the sky is dark. I walk to a window to look outside and what greets me almost shatters what little composure I have left. There are no stars in the sky. None at all. The building sits on a little crag of rock just big enough to hold it. Just beyond that sits a great glowing sphere. Every second something flies past the windows and falls into the sphere. A little burst of light accompanies each bit that enters the sphere. I have no idea what is going on …

“What is this?” a commanding voice calls out. A man holds a simple place-card in his hands. A worried look is etched upon his face. He turns the card outward for those of us in the room to see. It has one sentence, printed in scarlet –

Kill them before they kill you!

I can’t take it anymore … my terror moves my feet and I flee back to the room I first found myself in. I throw myself down on the bed and cry.

Sometime later I awake. My room is dark. Someone has opened the door and light spills out from the hallway. I cannot make out who the figure is in the bright light.

“Don’t be afraid” a comforting voice says “It will all be over soon.”

I smile weakly. Then I die …

Faraday - Madame de Pompadour, Vanilla Town was killed as a plot device pre-game.

VT Sample Role PM -

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, Faraday!

You are
Madame de Pompadour – Vanilla Town

You've spent the last 10 years awaiting the return of the the crazy Doctor who came from your fireplace and saved you that Night of your childhood. Now you suddenly find yourself in a strange place with strange people who look and talk so oddly. Well, as a refined lady of the court you will rise to the challenge laid in front of you!

ABILITIES

This Is My Lover, The King of France
(Active) - You may vote each day.

WINCON

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:23 am

Day 1 has begun ...

Vote Count 1.0 - As of post 4

Not Voting (13) - Tierce, Iecerint, kortul, GreyICE, Greenknight, Korlash, jasonT1981, Acosmist, Starbuck, T-Bone, Zang, triangle123, CryMeARiver

The Current deadline is July 17, 2012 at 10:00 am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-07-17 10:00:00).

With 13 active votes - 7 are required to lynch.

Activity Check - All currently good.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:46 am

Vote Count 1.1 - As of post 60

New Teeth

Iecerint (1) - Tierce
GreyICE (2) - Zang, Starbuck
Greenknight (1) - Acosmist
Korlash (2) - kortul, Greenknight
T-Bone (1) - triangle123
Zang (3) - GreyICE, jasonT1981. Iecerint

Not Voting (3) - Korlash, T-Bone, CryMeARiver

The Current deadline is July 17, 2012 at 10:00 am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-07-17 10:00:00).

Mod Notes -
I will be LA this weekend. I will be making updates but may be slow to respond to PMs.

jasonT1981 is V/LA Saturday 6/30 and Sunday 7/1.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #84 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Vote Count 1.2 - As of post 84

GreyICE (2) - Zang, Starbuck
Greenknight (3) - Acosmist, CryMeARiver, triangle123
jasont1981 (1) - Tierce
T-Bone (1) - kortul
Zang (3) - GreyICE, Iecerint, Greenknight

Not Voting (3) - Korlash, jasonT1981, T-Bone

Mod Notes -
I will be LA this weekend. I will be making updates but may be slow to respond to PMs.

Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #125 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:26 am

Vote Count 1.3 - As of post 125

GreyICE (2) -Starbuck, Greenknight
Greenknight (4) - Acosmist, CryMeARiver, triangle123, Zang
jasont1981 (3) - Tierce, GreyICE, Iecerint
T-Bone (2) - kortul, Korlash

Not Voting (2) - jasonT1981, T-Bone

Mod Notes -

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #146 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:57 am

CryMeARiver has been prodded.

jasonT1981 will be prodded if he does not post by this time Tuesday morning.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #150 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:32 am

Vote Count 1.4 - As of post 150

GreyICE (1) - Greenknight
Greenknight (5) - Acosmist, CryMeARiver, triangle123, Zang, Starbuck
Korlash (1) -T-Bone

Not Voting (1) - jasonT1981

Mod Notes -
CryMeARiver has been prodded

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #176 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:57 am

Vote Count 1.5 - As of post 176

GreyICE (2) - Greenknight, jasonT1981
Greenknight (4) - Acosmist, triangle123, Zang, Starbuck
Korlash (1) -T-Bone

Not Voting (1) - CryMeARiver

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #220 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:05 am

Vote Count 1.6 - As of post 220

GreyICE (2) - Greenknight, jasonT1981
Korlash (1) -T-Bone

Not Voting (1) - CryMeARiver

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #275 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:06 am

Vote Count 1.7 - As of post 275

GreyICE (1) - Greenknight
Acosmist (1) - T-Bone

Not Voting (2) - CryMeARiver, jasonT1981

Mod Notes - I will be LA as usual Saturday and Sunday for family weekend duties. Vote Counts will still appear but I may have some delay in answering PMs.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #313 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:39 am

Vote Count 1.8 - As of post 313

Greenknight (3) - Acosmist, triangle123, Starbuck
jasont1981 (4) - Tierce, Iecerint, GreyICE, CryMeARiver
Acosmist (1) - T-Bone
Starbuck (1) - Greenknight
T-Bone (1) - Korlash

Not Voting (3) - kortul, jasonT1981, Zang

Mod Notes - I will be LA as usual Saturday and Sunday for family weekend duties. Vote Counts will still appear

Korlash will be V/LA from July 7 to July 15.
CryMeARiver will be V/LA from July 8 to July 14.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #325 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:55 am

Vote Count 1.9 - As of post 325

Greenknight (3) - Acosmist, triangle123, Starbuck
jasonT1981 (4) - Tierce, Iecerint, GreyICE, CryMeARiver
Acosmist (1) - T-Bone
T-Bone (1) - Korlash

Not Voting (3) - kortul, jasonT1981, Zang

Mod Notes -

Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #335 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:51 am

T-Bone has been prodded.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #359 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:05 am

Vote Count 1.10 - As of post 359

Tierce (1) - GreyICE
Greenknight (2) - triangle123, Starbuck
jasonT1981 (4) - Tierce, Iecerint, CryMeARiver, kortul
Acosmist (1) - T-Bone
T-Bone (2) - Korlash, Acosmist

Not Voting (2) - jasonT1981, Zang

Mod Notes -

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #375 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:56 am

Vote Count 1.11 - As of post 375

jasonT1981 (5) - Tierce, Iecerint, CryMeARiver, kortul, GreyICE
Acosmist (1) - T-Bone

Mod Notes -

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #399 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:15 am

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ....

Aka this is a bump

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #400 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:15 am

Vote Count 1.12 - As of post 400

jasonT1981 (5) - Tierce, Iecerint, CryMeARiver, kortul, GreyICE
Acosmist (1) - T-Bone

Mod Notes -

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #412 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:51 am

Mod Notes -

As usual I will be LA from about 4pm today. Vote counts will occur over the weekend but will be more sporadic than normal. I will also have cell access and will be using it to monitor the thread.

No prods are currently due.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #434 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:30 am

Vote Count 1.13 - As of post 434

Tierce (1) - GreyICE
Acosmist (1) - T-Bone

Mod Notes -

T-Bone is being replaced …. Deadline will likely get a small extension for catch-up time.
Kortul is V/LA til July 15.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #453 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:33 pm

T-Bone has PMed to say his internet bill has been paid and thus he does not need replacement. Since I have not filled his slot he remains in the game. No change to deadline will occur.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #454 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Vote Count 1.14 - As of post 454

Tierce (2) - GreyICE, Starbuck
Greenknight (1) - triangle123
Acosmist (1) - T-Bone

Activity Check - Iecerint and jasonT1981 have been prodded.

Mod Notes -

Kortul is V/LA til July 15.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #478 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:09 am

Vote Count 1.15 - As of post 478

Tierce (3) - GreyICE, Starbuck, jasonT1981
Acosmist (1) - T-Bone

Not Voting (1) - Zang

Activity Check - greenknight has been prodded.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #501 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:09 am

Vote Count 1.16 - As of post 501

Tierce (3) - GreyICE, Starbuck, jasonT1981
jasonT1981 (5) - Tierce, Iecerint, CryMeARiver, kortul, Korlash
Acosmist (1) - T-Bone
T-Bone (1) - Acosmist

Not Voting (1) - Zang

Activity Check - greenknight has been prodded.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #559 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:36 am

Final Vote Count of Day 1 - Lynch occurred at post 558

Tierce (4) - GreyICE, Starbuck, jasonT1981, Zang
jasonT1981 (LYNCH) - Tierce, Iecerint, CryMeARiver, kortul, Korlash, triangle123, greenknight
Acosmist (1) - T-Bone
T-Bone (1) - Acosmist

Not Voting (0) - No-one

Activity Check - Acosmist has been prodded and must PM directly during Night or he will be replaced.

Mod Notes -
The Mod would also like to point out that you are all M:TG newbs … the best deck to
play is a rainbow deck with Dual Lands, one of each Mox, Black Lotus, The Big Three Blues
and whatever other cards strike your fancy. Even if you lose the game you still win when
players see you playing those cards. Yes … I once had that deck :P

Also a lynch has occurred. Mod scene incoming ….
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #560 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:36 am

No Lives Left to Give?

Stress is an interesting motivator. The discovery of the young woman’s body made it clear that the scarlet note-card was not some sort of macabre joke. Soon enough everyone adjusted to the odds circumstances and started going about the business of making the building as habitable as possible. Once that was done the accusations and finger-pointing started.

At first it seemed just like a feeling out process … one person would grill another about what they were doing when Faraday was killed. Some chose to be less involved in the process than others … perhaps the thought of killing was abhorrent to them.

Eventually focus shifted to jasonT1981. He claimed to be the Doctor’s Daughter. A few people dismissed this entirely as rubbish as they had never heard the Doctor talk about an offspring. One person didn’t believe as Jenny was supposed to have been killed on Messaline. Others believed him and didn’t relish the thought of killing someone who seemed so joyful to be alive. Someone finally pointed out that jasonT1981 was no-where to be seen when Faraday met his demise.

In the end those voices that didn’t believe jasonT1981 outweighed those who did and the decision was made – they were certain enough he was one of those seeking to cause the rest harm.

Greenknight reluctantly pulled out a Plasma Disruptor and shot jasonT1981 in the chest. jasonT1981 collapsed to the ground and said as he passed …

“I guess I should really have focused more on running …”

jasonT1981 – Jenny, the Doctor’s Daughter, Vanilla Town was lynched Day 1.

It is now Night 1. All actions are due by July 19 at 10:00am EDT, in (expired on 2012-07-19 10:00:00). Night will end as soon as possible after this time.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #561 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:51 am

No Country for Old Men and Microscopic Parasitic Entities?

The worst thing about being trapped in a hotel perched at the End of the Universe? No Sun. You have only the artificial light provided by the lamps and fixtures in the hotel itself. Thus your biorhythms have nothing to sync to. Surprisingly none of you owns a watch, even of the Fob variety.

After respectfully disposing of Jenny’s body (and making sure she didn’t come back to life AGAIN) some people wearily went back to the rooms they had claimed as their own. Others sat up questioning the decision they made that ended the life of the innocent young lady. Still others tried to cover their inner glee at the death. Eventually everyone retires to get some rest, however fitful it will be.

Whatever passes as morning in a place with no days rolls around. People begin to filter out into the hotel common areas, getting breakfast and trying to make sense of where they are and what they should do next.

Eventually it is noticed that some of you are much longer in their rooms than you would possibly expect for people living with killers. So a few go to investigate.

The first stop is Tierce’s room. When she doesn’t answer the door someone opens it. Tierce is lying face-up on her bed. The first thing you notice is the large plasma burn dead center in the middle of her chest. The next thing you notice is that for someone who claimed to be River Song she looks much more like a 50 year old man.

“Are we sure it is her?” someone asks.

“Yes” comes a grave reply “look at the clothing. It is the same style Tierce was wearing yesterday, just cut for a man not a woman.”

“How is that even possible?” a third voice asks.

“Probably some sort of combination of a perception filter and biometric illusion I would guess” someone suggests “Very clever.”

When you move Tierce’s body you notice a small laser pistol hidden under her body. All the weapons were supposedly safely under lock and key … a decision made after Jenny’s death yesterday. So clearly Tiece did not have everyone’s well being at heart.

Tierce – Father of Mine, Mafia Goon was killed Night 1.

But Tierce was not the only missing person. No-one has seen kortul either. Meeting the same lack of response to knocks on his door everyone piles into his room. Instead of finding a body on his bed you find what looks like a shadow. It seems burned into sheet. A quick check of the rest of the room finds kortul is not here. Someone starts babbling about nothing making sense and all sorts of theories come flying forth.

“No, this is clearly a deceased swarm of Vashta Nerada” someone says solemnly “and killing one is not an easy thing to do. There were enough of them that they were operating as a hive-mind capable of fear and self-preservation. Clearly they weren’t looking to harm us … no skeletons to be found anywhere. This is not a good sign”

kortul – The Vashta Nerada, Town Hider was killed Night 1.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #562 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:51 am

Day 2 has begun ...

Vote Count 2.0 - As of post 562

Not Voting (10) - Iecerint, GreyICE, Greenknight, Korlash, Acosmist, Starbuck, T-Bone, Zang, triangle123, CryMeARiver

The Current deadline is August 2, 2012 at 10:00 am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-08-02 10:00:00).

With 10 active votes - 6 are required to lynch.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #605 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 am

Vote Count 2.1 - As of post 605

Iecerint (3) - GreyICE, Korlash, CryMeARiver
Acosmist (1) - Greenknight
triangle123 (1) - Iecerint

Not Voting (5) - Acosmist, Starbuck, T-Bone, Zang, triangle123

The Current deadline is August 2, 2012 at 10:00 am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-08-02 10:00:00).

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #659 (isolation #31) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:41 am

Final Vote Count of Day 2 - Lynch occurred at post 614

Iecerint (LYNCH) - GreyICE, Korlash, CryMeARiver, Acosmist, Zang, Starbuck
Acosmist (1) - Greenknight
triangle123 (1) - Iecerint

Not Voting (2) - T-Bone, triangle123

Activity Check - All currently good since the day didn't last long enough to get to prods ...
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #660 (isolation #32) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:41 am

Just Who Do You Think You Are Messing With?

Hardly any time had passed since the discovery of the remains of Father of Mine and the swarm of Vashda Nerada when a crowd descended on Iecerint. He was busy sipping tea while gazing at the singularity absorbing the remains of the dying Universe.

“Doctor, we have a problem” the boldest of them said stepping forward.

“What?” Iecerint asked “Why are you always coming to me with the problems. Just for once can’t you figure something out on your own?”

“Well, that’s the problem. Or more precisely you are the problem. We did a quick spectral analysis of the Vashda Nerada remains. Their DNA was shattered which means they were hit with a Sonic Disruption Wave. One of the only ways to kill them off. And unfortunately for you there is only one possible device in this god-forsaken place that could produce that … your Sonic Screwdriver”

Iecerint looked at the assembled group. The typical wry smile passed his lips. He pulled out his Sonic Screwdriver.

“You think this little baby could produce a Sonic Disruption Wave?” he asked as he flipped it end over end. He suddenly pointed it at the throng and a wave of painfully powerful sound poured out, dropping them to their knees.

“Well …. maybe you were right” he said as the throng sat stunned on the carpet.

Suddenly from off to his right Starbuck pointed a Plasma Disruptor and shot him right in the chest. Iecerint staggered back, reeling from the shot.

“Ridiculous” he yelled “How many times have I saved all of your lives? Saved your entire planet more times than some of you have years lived! And this is the thanks I get? All I’ve done is protected you from the scary things that go bump in the night. You should be thanking me for getting rid of that swarm of parasitic killers. Do you really think you could kill me? I’m a Time Lord and was just about to start my Regeneration anyway. Lucky for you that I’m going to be around to take care of the rest of the monsters hiding in your midst. Maybe I'll even let you live ...”

At that a stream of cascading energy erupted from Iecerint’s face and hands. It lit up the hotel like the 4th of July. A rather stilted laugh came from Iecerint as the energy began it’s task of rejuvenating him. Then another blast came from Starbuck and struck Iecerint in the head. The wave of energy exploded outward as Iecerint’s now lifeless body hit the floor.

Iecerint – The Tenth Doctor, Serial Killer was lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2. All actions are due by July 23 at 5:00pm EDT, in (expired on 2012-07-23 17:00:00). Night will end as soon as possible after this time but will probably be delayed until Tuesday morning.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #661 (isolation #33) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:04 am

He’s Having A Bit Of An Identity Crisis

With the quick removal of the Doctor everyone went about the remains of what is a day in the hotel. No-one was really at ease even with another killer dead … the possibility that more villains were hidden in their midst weighed on everyone’s minds.

Sooner or later once again everyone retired to get some fitful sleep. Most were awakened multiple times with an odd creak or sound coming from the hotel that jolted their adrenaline and kept them from falling back to slumber for a while.

Eventually people began to filter out into the common areas in what has started to become habit. Everyone gets something to eat, does something to bide their time and eventually gathers up when someone invariably does not show up.

Today it is Korlash who is missing. He predictably does not answer the knocks on his door. Opening it you come upon a scene of confusion. Korlash lies face down on his bed, a plasma burn made right into the back of his head. He had laid out two sets of clothes for the day that never came. On the left was you would expect from a regular young Londoner … a sensible shirt and a pair of slacks. On the right sits a rather bad-ass leather jacket and pair of combat boots.

It seems that Korlash couldn’t quite decide what he wanted to be … a regular bloke or the most dangerous man in London. A quick search of his body confirms your fears … no weapons at all to be found.

Korlash – Mickey Smith (or was it Rickey), Vanilla Town was killed Night 2.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #662 (isolation #34) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:04 am

Day 3 has begun ...

Vote Count 3.0 - As of post 662

Not Voting (8) - GreyICE, Greenknight, Acosmist, Starbuck, T-Bone, Zang, triangle123, CryMeARiver

The Current deadline is August 6, 2012 at 4:00pm EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-08-06 16:00:00).

With 8 active votes - 5 are required to lynch.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #675 (isolation #35) » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Vote Count 3.1 - As of post 675

Greenknight (1) - GreyICE
Acosmist (4) - CryMeARiver, T-Bone, Greenknight, triangle123
T-Bone (1) - Acosmist

Not Voting (2) - Starbuck, Zang

The Current deadline is August 6, 2012 at 4:00pm EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-08-06 16:00:00).

Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #701 (isolation #36) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:46 am

Vote Count 3.2 - As of post 701

Acosmist (3) - CryMeARiver, T-Bone, triangle123
T-Bone (1) - Acosmist
triangle123 (1) - GreyICE

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #712 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:55 am

CryMeARiver has been prodded.

I will be LA as is the norm over the weekend for my usual family duties. Prods, vote-counts and other required Mod Actions will still occur but response time to PMs might be slower than normal.

I will post a vote-count later today around 4pm.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #715 (isolation #38) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:46 am

Vote Count 3.3 - As of post 715

Acosmist (3) - CryMeARiver, T-Bone, triangle123
T-Bone (1) - Acosmist

Activity Check - CMAR previously prodded.

Mod Notes - As noted Mod is LA for weekend family duties.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #726 (isolation #39) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:14 am

Vote Count 3.4 - As of post 726

Acosmist (3) - T-Bone, triangle123, Zang
T-Bone (1) - Acosmist

Not Voting (2) - Starbuck, CryMeARiver

Activity Check - Starbuck has been prodded.

Mod Notes - As noted Mod is LA for weekend family duties.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #732 (isolation #40) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:51 am

T-Bone, GreyICE and CryMeARiver have been prodded.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #749 (isolation #41) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:18 am

This is just a bit of odd wobbly wobbly timey wimey stuff ... ignore it ...
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #750 (isolation #42) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:19 am

Vote Count 3.5 - As of post 750

Greenknight (1) - CryMeARiver
T-Bone (1) - Acosmist
triangle123 (2) - GreyICE, Starbuck

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #775 (isolation #43) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:14 am

Vote Count 3.6 - As of post 775

T-Bone (2) - Acosmist, GreyICE
triangle123 (1) - Starbuck

Activity Check - Zang has been prodded.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #785 (isolation #44) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:07 am

IMPORTANT MOD NOTE -

I will be leaving on vacation tomorrow until the following Saturday. I will be out of the country enjoying drinks on the beach at a secluded resort. As such I have no guarantees that I will have internet access during this period. For that reason Kdub will be stepping in to handle Vote Counts and Modding during that period. He should have all privileges as a Mod but if for some reason if he cannot lock the thread please respect a Night posting as if the thread was locked.

Once the game goes to Night please send both myself and Kdub any Night actions. Kdub will specify whether Night deadline will be extended beyond the customary 48 hours and whether he will open the thread afterward or if it will remain locked until I return and can post on Sunday the 12th.

I will post a final MoI vote-count today before 5pm EDT. Thanks for your attention!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #799 (isolation #45) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:05 am

Oh look over there ... it's a three-headed squirrel from Tragalafax!

SQUIRREL!!!!
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #800 (isolation #46) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:05 am

Vote Count 3.7 - As of post 800

T-Bone (3) - Acosmist, GreyICE, CryMeARiver

Activity Check - Starbuck will be prodded is she does not post by 11pm EDT tonight.

Mod Notes - So notice at post 785 regarding Kdub assuming temporary Mod responsabilities.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #836 (isolation #47) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:05 am

Night will be opened sometime on Sunday the 12th when I have proper time to process Night actions. I have very limited Internet access currently. Thanks for all your patience and thanks again to Kdub for taking over on my vacation.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #872 (isolation #48) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:39 am

MOD NOTE - I am back and will be resuming Vote-Counts and other Mod duties. PM me with any questions. All flavor and links in the first post should be updated within 24 hours. Thanks again to Kdub for taking over as I lounged on the beach drinking beer and getting tan!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #875 (isolation #49) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:41 am

Vote Count 4.2 - As of post 875

Starbuck (2) - GreyICE, Zang
Zang (1) - triangle123

Not Voting (4) - Greenknight, Starbuck, CryMeARiver

The Current deadline is August 24, 2012 at 10:00am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-08-24 10:00:00).

With 7 active votes - 4 are required to lynch.

Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #884 (isolation #50) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:53 am

triangle123 has been prodded. The prior vote count has been corrected for a missed vote.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #888 (isolation #51) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:39 am

Prodded CryMeARiver and GreyICE. I'm not exactly thrilled with the number of prods I'm having to give today. Let's step up the posting people!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #906 (isolation #52) » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:19 am

Vote Count 4.3 - As of post 906

Starbuck (2) - Zang, GreyICE
Zang (1) - triangle123
triangle123 (2) - Greenknight, Starbuck

Not Voting (2) - T-Bone, CryMeARiver

The Current deadline is August 24, 2012 at 10:00am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-08-24 10:00:00).

Mod Notes - CryMeARiver's previous prod has been rescinded due to his V/LA status.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #923 (isolation #53) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:47 am

Activity check - everyone is currently good.

Zang's V/LA is noted.

Deadline reminder - deadline arrives in (expired on 2012-08-24 10:00:00).

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #925 (isolation #54) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:32 am

Vote Count 4.4 - As of post 925

Starbuck (2) - Zang, GreyICE
Zang (1) - triangle123
triangle123 (2) - Greenknight, Starbuck

Not Voting (1) - T-Bone

Mod Notes - Zang is V/LA til Friday August 31.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #941 (isolation #55) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:25 am

Final Vote Count of Day 4 - Lynch occurred at post 930

Starbuck (LYNCH) - Zang, GreyICE, Greenknight, T-Bone
Zang (1) - triangle123

Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #942 (isolation #56) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:26 am

More Like A Timid, Unthreatening Wolf

Stress does different things to different people at different times. Take for example Starbuck. She’d seen all sorts of madness, evil, and just plain weird during her time with the Ninth Doctor. She’d faced death at the ‘hands’ (well, they don’t have hands so whatever you want to call their sucker like appendages anyway) of the Daleks. And she had come through it all intact.

Yet perhaps the realization that the Doctor had turned into a murdering madman was enough to put her over the edge. Because she seemed to have taken a ride off the rails today.

“It makes perfect sense that I used the Tardis to protect myself that first Night. After all I am trapped in a Parallel Universe with no hope of escape. That explains it.” she rambled.

Everyone sort of looked at her unsure of what was happening.

“And that time the Doctor disguised himself as human to foil the Family of Blood? Lots of people died then despite his best efforts so that totally explains why he started killing people off here. Even thought I was trapped in a Parallel Universe and couldn’t possible know it happened like that” she continued. Her eyes were displaying far too much of their whites for everyone’s tastes.

Eventually the decision was made that perhaps Starbuck was a mad-women out to kill everyone. Or at least if she wasn’t they would be putting a merciful end to a life that had otherwise spiraled into madness. One Plasma Blaster shot and it was over.

Unfortunately she wasn’t a Monster just a confused girl …

Starbuck – Rose Tyler, Town 1-Shot Commuter was lynched Day 4.

It is now Night 4. All actions are due by August 22 at 10:00am EDT, in (expired on 2012-08-22 10:00:00). Night will end as soon as possible after this time.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #943 (isolation #57) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:36 am

The Writer Zapped From Side to Side

Another morning another round of “Let’s see who doesn’t show up today”. After yesterday some of you wonder if there are any monsters left. After all no-one died in the night so perhaps you are all just whiling away the time until whoever brought you all here decides to return you to your lives.

But after a bit you decide that GreyICE not having roused probably means something is amiss. He was always an early riser before this point. So the remaining five of you make the somber walk to his room. As usual a knock on the door is greeted with no response. Cracking the door open reveals a tidy room. A personal tea kettle sits on a nightstand, ready to be filled with boiling water and delicious Earl Gray brewed. It looks all very proper.

As everyone walks in you spot GreyICE. He’s seated at a writing desk, slumped face down. Burns that can only have come from a high energy laser weapon scar his back, leaving a nasty pattern of mayhem across his body. He’s clearly dead.

One of you notices he was writing when the deed was done. A quick examination of the notepad reveals the following:

“It has taken me too long but I believe I have discovered the identity of the final monster hiding in our midst. Use of ‘the little grey cells’, as Poirot would say, leave one inescapable conclusion. Tomorrow morning I will review my thoughts as this epiphany came to me while I am very tired. But I think it is without doubt that the villain is ….”

The writing trails of in a long scratch across the pad. Clearly the spasm of pain as GreyICE was shot. At least one more monster lurks among you.

GreyICE – Agatha Christie, Vanilla Town was killed Night 4.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #944 (isolation #58) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:37 am

Day 5 has begun ...

Vote Count 5.0 - As of post 944

Not Voting (5) - Greenknight, T-Bone, Zang, triangle123, CryMeARiver

The Current deadline is September 2, 2012 at 10:00am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-09-02 10:00:00).

With 5 active votes - 3 are required to lynch.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #951 (isolation #59) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:59 pm

Vote Count 5.1 - As of post 951

triangle123 (1) - Greenknight

Not Voting (3) - T-Bone, Zang, triangle123

The Current deadline is September 2, 2012 at 10:00am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-09-02 10:00:00).

Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #965 (isolation #60) » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:53 pm

T-Bone has been prodded.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #974 (isolation #61) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:29 am

Hold on I just need to make a small adjustment to the time-stream. Carry on ...
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #975 (isolation #62) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:29 am

Vote Count 5.2 - As of post 975

Zang (1) - triangle123
triangle123 (1) - Zang

Not Voting (3) - Greenknight, T-Bone, CryMeARiver

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #980 (isolation #63) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:45 am

Activity Check - all are currently good.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #981 (isolation #64) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 am

Prodding Greenknight and CryMeARiver. Frankly as a Mod I'm pretty disappointed I have more posts on this page than anyone else ... pick up the activity people!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #988 (isolation #65) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:20 am

Vote Count 5.3 - As of post 988

Zang (1) - triangle123
triangle123 (2) - Zang, CryMeARiver

Not Voting (2) - Greenknight, T-Bone

Activity Check - T-Bone has been prodded.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #992 (isolation #66) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:56 am

Greenknight has been prodded.
Zang has been pre-prodded. If he posts within 5 hours of this post (by 10pm EDT tonight) his prod will be rescinded.

Mod Note - LA over the holiday weekend as always. I will be around to manage deadline and Night but flavor may be lacking until next week.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #994 (isolation #67) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:25 pm

Final Vote Count of Day 5 - Lynch occurred at post 993

Zang (LYNCH) - triangle123, T-Bone, Greenknight
triangle123 (2) - Zang, CryMeARiver

Activity Check - All currently good

Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #995 (isolation #68) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:25 pm

Is This What We’ve Come To?

The mood is somber. With so few of you left there is a dread sense that perhaps nothing is ever going to be settled. And that dark cloud is definitely personified by Zang. He mopes about avoiding any chores or helping to find the monster still hiding in your midst. Occasionally you catch him mumbling to himself about his dear Rose and Mickey being taken from him or about that damn Doctor who ruined his life.

Eventually triangle123 can’t take it anymore and begins calling Zang the monster. This for once gets Zang’s attention and he returns the favor, pointing an accusing finger at triangle123. Eventually everyone but Greenknight chooses sides and the decision is left in his hands. He unlocks the weapons cabinet, takes out a Gravity Inversion Ray and shoots Zang. A wave a gravimetric distortion ripples through his body and he slumps over, clearly dead.

Unfortunately Zang was indeed just a mother who was barely holding on to his sanity in the face of the horrible situation.

Zang – Jackie Tyler, Vanilla Town was lynched Day 5.

It is now Night 5. All actions are due by September 2, 2012 at 10:00pm EDT, in (expired on 2012-09-02 22:00:00). Night will end as soon as possible after this time.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #996 (isolation #69) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Keep Watching the Skies …

With so few left it doesn’t take long to notice that CryMeARiver is late to rise this morning. After all he was always one of the first to get up. And geneally pretty cheerful despite the nastiness you have all been caught up in. I guess a long life that has been filled with its share of strife gives one perspective.

You find CryMeARiver’s room to be very tidy. He clothes are neatly folded in military fashion in his draws. The only item of note is a telescope that sits beside and points out a window to the dark void beyond.

CryMeARiver lies on his bed, face-up. He doesn’t have a mark on him yet he’s clearly passed. Probably his heart finally gave up the fight when faced with the monster killing you off. An old military service revolver lies on the bed next to his hand. He didn’t even get a chance to fire off his one bullet.

CryMeARiver - Wilfred Mott, Vengeful Town, was killed Night 5.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #997 (isolation #70) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Vote Count 6.0- As of post 997

Not Voting (3) - Greenknight, T-Bone, triangle123

The Current deadline is September 14, 2012 at 10:00am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-09-14 10:00:00).

With 3 active votes - 2 are required to lynch.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1002 (isolation #71) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:07 am

Vote Count 6.1 - As of post 1002

The Current deadline is September 14, 2012 at 10:00am EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-09-14 10:00:00).

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1005 (isolation #72) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:57 am

triangle123 has been prodded.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1018 (isolation #73) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Activity Check: All currently good

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1024 (isolation #74) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:40 am

Pay not attention to the slight shaking in the hotel ... just a side effect of being perched at the Event Horizon at the End of the Universe in a stasis bubble!
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1025 (isolation #75) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:40 am

Vote Count 6.2 - As of post 1025

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1031 (isolation #76) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:27 am

Mod Notes - The End of the Universe, and thus Time, is rapidly approaching. Whatever forces hold this hotel away from the event horizon will likely fail in (expired on 2012-09-14 10:00:00).

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1040 (isolation #77) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Final Vote Count of Day 6 - Lynch occurred at post 1039

triangle123 (LYNCH) - Greenknight, T-Bone

Not Voting (1) - triangle123

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1041 (isolation #78) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:04 am

Brothers in Arms

So the last day of the universe (and of Time itself) was rapidly approaching. The skies above the hotel were almost completely dark. Very little matter could be observed streaming into the Event Horizon that signaled nothingness for this universe. But for the three remaining people in this odd hotel they had more pressing problems. Like the fact one of them was still a murdering monster. All three had grabbed weapons from the cache immediately today … there was no point in pretending bloodshed was no imminent.

“Look, I’ve been protecting you people since the minute we got here. I don’t know why how you could possibly think I’m responsible when I’ve been saving your necks” Greenknight said.

T-Bone replied with a dry “Well, you don’t exactly have history on your side there mate”

Greenknight and T-Bone continued discussing whether there was any chance he was the killer. Meanwhile triangle123 looked back and forth between the others muttering things to himself about how Greenknight could be the culprit although also he seems to make sense.

Eventually both Greenknight and T-Bone took notice that triangle123 was not very interested in actually doing anything to solve the issue.

“Don’t you care?” Greenknight asked “If you haven’t noticed the Universe is about to end and judging from the slight flickers of the lights and the microtremors I am detecting in the building whatever is keeping us here is going to fail very, very soon.” triangle123 halfheartedly mumbled something about thinking T-Bone was the culprit and went back to ignoring the others.

Greenknight raised his Plasma Rifle and pointed it at triangle123. Seconds slowly crept by as his trigger finger flexed. Then he suddenly dropped the Rifle.

“I can’t do it” Greenknight said, laughing bitterly “You would think after all those I’ve casually murdered in the past that it would be easy. Yet I can’t”

“No worries” T-Bone said. He raised his Laser Pistol and shot triangle123 in the chest. triangle123 immediately slumped to the floor dead. No more mumbling from him. Greenknight leaned over the body and quickly went through his pockets. Instead of finding a gun he found key on a chain.

“Aha, that’s what I’ve been looking for” T-Bone purred as he shot Greenknight in the back of the head. Immediately waves of golden energy began to pour forth from Greenknight as his regeneration cycle began. Greenknight turned to look at T-Bone, knowing that he wouldn’t live to see it finish. A second laser blast caught him square in the face and an explosion of golden energy cascaded outwords. The last living Timelord was dead.

triangle123 – Elton Pope, Vanilla Town was lynched Day 6.

Greenknight – The Master, Town Conditional Bulletproof Bodyguard was killed in Endgame

T-Bone quickly walked over and grabbed the Tardis key. He pressed a button on the keyfob and the Tardis re-materialized right in front of him. With a smile set at an angle not quite right he open the door. As he walked inside his form faded away and was replaced by a young man. As the Tardis phased out of view one thing was clear … the Family of Blood now had all of Time and Space to play with.

T-Bone – Brother of Mine, Mafia Jack of All Trades survived and won. Tierce and Acosmist join him posthumously in Victory

Congratulations to the Mafia on their victory. Mod Notes, Night actions, QT links and Role PMs to follow shortly.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1043 (isolation #79) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:37 am

QT Links
-

Graveyard QT
Family of Blood QT

Night Actions Log
-

Night 1 Action Resolution -
kortul hides behind Iecerint - Success, kortul dies since Iecerint is not Town aligned.
Greenknight bodyguards GreyICE - Success, GreyICE is protected.
Starbuck commutes - Success, Starbuck cannot be targetted by any killing or investigative roles.
Iecerint kills Tierce: Success, Tierce dies.
T-Bone kills Iecerint with Ninja: Success, Iecerint's 1-shot BP is used.

Night 2 Action Resolution -
T-Bone kills Korlash with Ninja: Success, Korlash is killed.

Night 3 Action Resolution -
T-Bone kills GreyICE with Ninja: Failed, GreyICE is protected.

Night 4 Action Resolution -
Greenknight bodyguards T-Bone - Success, T-Bone is protected.
T-Bone kills GreyICE with Ninja: Success, GreyICE is killed.

Night 5 Action Resolution -
Greenknight bodyguards CMAR - Success, CMAR is protected.
T-Bone kills CMAR with Strongman: Success (passes active protection), CMAR is killed.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1045 (isolation #80) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:40 am

MAFIA AND SERIAL KILLER ROLE PMS -

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, Iecerint!

You are
The Tenth Doctor - Serial Killer

You’ve been plucked from the time stream at the very end of your existence. Your regeneration process is already started and you’ve really lost any feeling of connection to those around you. Why should they get to live on when you have saved them all from enemies and themselves time and time again? As you said when you first took this form – “No second chances!”

ABILITIES

Time Lord DNA
(Passive) – During pre-game you must decide what Time Lord ability you would like to retain. PM me when you confirm to indicate whether you want to retain your Regeneration Ability (1 Shot Bulletproof) or your Time Lord Intellect (your kills cannot be prevented by Active protective abilities or blocked (Strongman), also they cannot be observed (Ninja).

I’m So Sorry
(Active) – Each night phase you may select a player to kill. If you are successful that player will die.

I've Traveled All of Time and Space
(Passive, Informational) - You know that all Town role PMs have their Role Name listed in
Blue
as opposed to the
Purple
in your own.

Well .....

WINCON

You win when all other players are dead regardless of whether you are alive or not.

PM me to confirm you have read your Role PM. Reply with you character name and role. Also include your Time Lord DNA choice!

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, T-Bone!

You are
Brother of Mine – Mafia Jack of All Trades

You don’t know what you are doing here but your relish this new freedom. Previous to this you were frozen in time masquerading as a scarecrow in the fields of Britain. Now you, your Father and your Sister have all been re-united and you aren’t going to let this second chance go to waste.

Your partners in the
Family of Blood
are Tierce (
Father of Mine
, Mafia Goon) and Acosmist (
Sister of Mine
, Mafia Goon).

ABILITIES

Family of Blood
(Passive) – You may speak with your fellow Family Members at any time in the safety of your ship here.

Laser Blast
(Factional, Active) – Each night you or your partners may choose a player to kill. If successful that player will die. Unless noted otherwise you may not use this ability in conjunction with any other abilities.

Another Body
(Passive, Informational) – You know that
Donna Noble
is not here among those spirited from time and space.

Family Secrets
– You’ve got several tricks up your sleeve. You can only use one of these abilities per Night :

Scarecrows Forward
(Active) – Each night phase you may select a player. If you are successful that player will be roleblocked and not be able to take any action.

Bombardment
(Passive) – If you choose to perform your factional Nightkill you may engage your ship’s weapons systems. The factional Nightkill will not be able to be prevented by Active protection abilities or blocked (Strongman).

Jeremy Baines
(Passive) - If you choose to perform your factional Nightkill you may use your appearance as a human teenager to help shield you from scrutiny. The factional Nightkill will not be able to be observed (Ninja)

Come out Timelord!

WINCON

You win when the Family of Blood represents at least half of all living players or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

PM me to confirm you have read your Role PM. Reply with you character name and role.

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, Tierce!

You are
Father of Mine – Mafia Goon

You’ve been liberated from those infernal chains that kept you trapped at the heart of a Dwarf star and are eager to make good on the Family’s objective of living for all eternity. Unfortunately your time there has drained you of all but the most rudimentary of skills. Luckily you still have
Brother of Mine
who has a few tricks left to play.

Your partners in the
Family of Blood
are T-Bone (
Brother of Mine
, Mafia Jack of All Trades) and Acosmist (
Sister of Mine
, Mafia Goon)

ABILITIES

Family of Blood
(Passive) – You may speak with your fellow Family Members at any time in the safety of your ship here.

Laser Blast
(Factional, Active) – Each night you or your partners may choose a player to kill. If successful that player will die. Unless noted otherwise you may not use this ability in conjunction with any other abilities.

Another Body
River Song

Come out Timelord!

WINCON

You win when the Family of Blood represents at least half of all living players or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

PM me to confirm you have read your Role PM. Reply with you character name and role.

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, Acosmist!

You are
Sister of Mine
– Mafia Goon

You’ve spent what seemed like eternity trapped on the other side of the mirror. In fact you’d almost completely lost touch of what having a corporeal body is like. But being reunited with your Family is a joy! Let your reign of terror spread out from this moment in time to every end of the galaxy. Unfortunately your sanity is a little shaken so you don’t exactly have the full extent of your cunning and guile at your disposal.
Brother of Mine
will take good care of you, this you know!

Your partners in the
Family of Blood
are T-Bone (
Brother of Mine
, Mafia Jack of All Trades) and Tierce (
Father of Mine
, Mafia Goon)

ABILITIES

Family of Blood

Laser Blast

Another Body
Sally Sparrow

Come out Timelord!

WINCON

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1046 (isolation #81) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:43 am

In post 1044, Tierce wrote:Now who was the anon source of that message about me dying N1, MoI?

That was Oversoul. He PMed me out of the blue and asked me to pass along the message. Not sure why.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1048 (isolation #82) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:48 am

TOWN POWER ROLE PMS -

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, Greenknight!

You are
The Master – Town Conditional Bulletproof Bodyguard

You have no idea why you are here. You were facing off with Lord President Rassilon after the Doctor had stopped the return of the Time Lords. Now you are in this empty building with some people you recognize and many you don’t. And for the first time in your life there are no drums in your mind. You’ve been freed of your madness and have all your life-times to start making amends for that went before …

ABILITIES

Get Out of the Way!
(Active) – Each night you may choose a player. That player will be protected from all normal Nightkill attempts made on their life as you push them out of harm’s way and take the intended harm for yourself. But being a TimeLord you can regenerate from any injury so saving someone costs you nothing. Of course being completely repentant you can’t bring yourself to regenerate from harm if you aren’t saving someone else.

My name is …. The Master.

WINCON

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Mod Note - This was simply a Doctor role with a fancy name. I did that simply to help disguise the canned set-up. Not sure if it ended up mattering given Greenknight made it to endgame.

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, CryMeARiver!

You are
Wilfred Mott – Vengeful Town

Well it certainly is an odd bunch who have been gathered here. Not that you would expect any different given all the things you have seen surrounding The Doctor. And it’s much better than being cooped up in that glass enclosure threatened with lethal radiation poisoning. So you get another chance to help things turn out right.

ABILITIES

Then Kill Him First …
(Passive) – You have your old service revolver stored in your pocket. If things turn for the worse and you are lynched you will be given 24 hours after the official Mod Post to take vengeance on someone whose vote resulted in your lynch. Post
Kill: Player Name
in the thread in bold and that player will be killed. Failure to post within the specified time-frame will result in your ability not being used.

I’ll Watch Out For You, Son

WINCON

Mod Notes - I intentionally altered this role from the canned JK9++ set-up to only allow him to shoot those on his wagon instead of anyone. More on mistakes related to the set-up in other notes. Also Wilfred is one of my favorite characters from the 10th Doctor reign.

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, kortul!

You are
The Vashta Nerada – Town Hider

Not much to say – you are a microscopic swarm of flesh eating creatures. You don’t know how you got here or why and quite frankly you are a little scared … this isn’t a forest. Luckily enough of you have been gathered that you can exercise some self-preservation.

ABILITIES

I’m Sorry Dave You’ve Got Two Shadows
(Active) – Each Night you may target a player. If successful you will hide behind them, taking the form of a second shadow. Any Nightkill attempt made directly on you will fail. However if you chose to hide behind someone targeted for a Nightkill that is successful you will also die. Lastly there are things in the Universe more frightening than you who don’t take kindly to being used as protection. Hiding behind any player with a Non-Town win condition will result in your death.

Hey Who Turned Out the Lights?

WINCON

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, Starbuck!

You are
Rose Tyler – Town 1-Shot Commuter

What in the heck just happened? The Doctor just finished regenerating after kissing you and drawing out the Time Vortex Energy from your body. You barely had a chance to see his new form when suddenly you were scooped up and deposited here. You didn’t think anyone could do that to someone in the Tardis. Well, make the best of it.

ABILITIES

I Am the Bad Wolf!
(Active) – Once per game at Night you can use the little flickers of Time Vortex Energy swirling in your body to activate the Tardis and briefly dematerialize. If successful doing so will protect you from all Nightkill or Investigative abilities for that Night.

Hoots, Mon!

WINCON

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1049 (isolation #83) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:48 am

In post 1047, Faraday wrote:
Nominate: T-bone and Ascomist for best use of a mafia quicktopic

Yeah, more on this in my Mod Notes ... :eek:

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1051 (isolation #84) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:50 am

TOWN VANILLA ROLE PMS -

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, GreyICE!

You are
Agatha Christie – Vanilla Town

Well after you saw that infernal creature the had been masquerading as Reverend Golightly you thought you had experienced the strangest thing you would ever see. Turns out even a prolific writer with an endless imagination can be surprised. What an odd group of people have been assembled here. Best to put those razor sharp observational skills and keen intellect to work ferreting out those hiding in plain sight with the intention of harming you.

ABILITIES

What Do You Need?

WINCON

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, jasonT1981!

You are
Jenny, the Doctor’s Daughter – Vanilla Town

What just happened? You had just blasted off into space on the course for adventure. Now you are sitting in a room surrounded by 12 others in a building perched at the End of Time itself. That’s not normal. Then again neither is having two hearts so everything is relative. Well, any port in a storm as far as adventure is concerned …

ABILITIES

Call Me Jenny

WINCON

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, triangle123!

You are
Elton Pope – Vanilla Town

Oh the fun times you have had with all your friends from L.I.N.D.A. Well, at least before that freakish Abzorbaloff ate all your friends. The Doctor did what he could to restore Ursula and you cherish your relationship with her (or what remains of her) no matter how unconventional it is. Still you have no idea why you are here with all these people. At least your prior experience has somewhat prepared you for this experience.

ABILITIES

Find Some Excuse To Start a Conversation

WINCON

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, Zang!

You are
Jackie Tyler – Vanilla Town

What the hell? First the Doctor kidnaps you in his Tardis and takes you to this crazy place called Torchwood. Now while waiting for something called the Ghost-shift to happen you suddenly find yourself swept to this odd place. Why do you have to be involved in these strange events? All you want is a nice cup of tea and your daughter to come home.

ABILITIES

I Think He Makes Half of It Up

WINCON

Welcome to Doctor Who Mafia, Korlash!

You are
Mickey Smith – Vanilla Town

Well doesn’t this beat all? You’ve finally come into your own and are ready to be the hero that no-one seemed to think you could be. You’ve got your Pulse Rifle armed and ready to take on the Cybermen about to come out of the Void Ship in Torchwood and then boom … you are suddenly in a room in this strange new place. And no Pulse Rifle to be had. How is that fair?

ABILITIES

Did You Forget About Me?

WINCON

PM me to confirm you have read your Role PM. Reply with you character name and role

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1053 (isolation #85) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:16 am

Mod Notes and Thoughts

First let me say thank you to all the players involved. There was not a single replacement the entire game and that says something given the current state of affairs on Mafiascum. So regardless of alignment give yourself a heartly pat on the back collectively.

Secondly I’d like to apologize to Town. I fucked up the Mafia JOAT role PM and didn’t limit T-Bone’s JOAT abilities to a single use. This made the game very scum-sided in construction. I’m not sure it ended up affecting how things went (since T-Bone basically used the useless Ninja ability every Night but Night 5) but I do feel bad for making such a terrible mistake.

Thanks to Faraday for helping me polish this (I don’t blame you one bit for my screw-up since I didn’t ask you to look at balance) and Kdub for stepping in to help keep things moving while I was enjoying the Beach.

For those who haven’t been reading along in the Graveyard Thread – this is a JK9++ setup. I was working on a different custom setup that was rather complex and realized I wasn’t going to be able to get it finished nearly in time for my turn in the Mini Theme Queue. So I co-opted an Open Set-up (I remember some Mod doing this for a Jungle Republic game with a Theater theme a couple years ago), used a fantastic flavor source, and put together the game you see here. I hope you all enjoyed the flavor in the Role PMs and the game as much as I enjoyed writing it.

On to the game itself …

The Mafia QT was one of the most painful experiences I have ever had to experience here on MS. The amount of anger and bitterness that exploded there after Tierce died was so bad I considered force-replacing one or both of the players. Both players PMed me about it at various points and although I think both shared the fault for the toxic environment I’d say T-Bone’s posts in starting the feud were unnecessary. T-Bone your attack in QT on Acosmist there for his reaction in game thread to your bus was over the line in my opinion. I don’t think his reaction was ‘obv-scum’ personally and the manner in which you basically called him incompetent didn’t help your team IMO.

I think overall all factions played OK games and the fact it got to 3 player LYLO is a sign of that. GreyICE’s pick up on Tierce’s play Day 1 was good. Tierce what she could with the hand she was dealt Day 1. Iec unfortunately got caught in kortul’s good play and couldn’t do much to extricate himself from the situation. Korlash’s breadcrumb Day 1 was brilliant (using the Mickey / Rickey dichotomy) and unfortunately didn’t end up being important.

Endgame was painful. Greenknight and triangle123 both were not nearly as active as they needed to be IMO. In 3 player LYLO scum don’t have to do anything (barring Power Roles for Town) to win … they can just sit by idly and no Lynch if it comes to it. Town let T-Bone not have to worry about fake scum-hunting. Honestly his “Oh Greenknight you are not confirmed Town” should have been his death-knell but triangle agreed with that stance and thus let T-Bone escape scrutiny.

I welcome any critiques / comments / questions you have on the game, setup, or anything else really.

Thanks again everyone for playing and making the game a success!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1056 (isolation #86) » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:50 am

In post 1054, Quilford wrote:
Well done
Magua
, superbly modded to the point where I secretly hoped I would be able to replace in.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”