NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by pisskop »

-On 4nxi3ty
He's logical, and I've seen him before, but something about his posts unsettle me. Watching.

-On Talah
Spoiler:
I don't see it as 'calling in allies' so much as trying to joke and poke. But its still annoying that some use their social connections to 'get ahead'. That's kind of life though.
In post 19, talah wrote:- I'm sheeping Deas to get a more solid read on him, and I think his vote on Doc was legit- I'm also aware of shitting up the thread when only a handful of folks have posted so far, so here's a hint and an adieu: I'm town and you're barking up the wrong tree if you are too.
What?~
More what.
In post 27, talah wrote:No results yet because I'm being hijacked by you.
87 is overelaborate. Not terribly scummy, but a flag.

At this point, I want to say that Talah's style of posting seems to have a natural town feel.
In post 108, talah wrote:mastin I *knew* that I could get a good read on you based on your entrance. Your town and scum entrances are vastly different even though you don't seem aware of the differences.
Another post for my pocket.
In post 134, talah wrote:Anyway, I don't think there's any reason for the Doc wagon to die, and regardless it's probably a bad idea to lynch mastin Day 1 on the off chance that she's town. So will be keeping an eye on.
Please do explain why a mastin-lynch is bad if you are sure she is scum?
And why is the Doc wagon in particular worth keeping?

And a bunch of not-contents.

Not too sure on him, but still leaning scum.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 348, AngryPidgeon wrote:Do you believe them or not? You clearly at least partially believe those points since you are bothering to argue them with PV.
I believe everything that I wrote, but I'm not going to try to drive anyone to the gallows because of those things.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by Zdenek »

The fact the BipolarChemist vanished when the pressure came off of him bugs me quite a lot, and he's been posting elsewhere.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

Sorry need to catch up, but can't tonight (stupid homework). So for now...prod dodge.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:02 pm

Post by BipolarChemist »

^Good Timing.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by talah »

Pidgeon - quick one from work - were you asked to join this game, or did you replace in of your own accord?

And did you skim / read any of the thread prior to replacing in?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I was asked, presumably mastin recommended me. And no.

Funny enough I was going to replace into this and had sent a pm to the mod about it before but deleted it cause I got asked to join another immediately after. But now I'm here anyways
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by pisskop »

talah can be towny for now
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 281, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 278, ThAdmiral wrote: Well its "gut" in that I have no proof to back it up or anything. Like there are some reactions that just seem real to me, and some that seem false and (although I said I wasn't all that good in an earlier post) I think I'm pretty decent at distinguishing the two. If I
had
to quantify it I think scum (particularly scum that figured it was fake) would have made more of a strop about it and complained and gotten faux-angrier about it. Bipolar sort of just jokes about it -
and the asking to see if he could post before the mod confirmed his "death" just
feels
reads genuine.
Ok, so here we now agree (with the appropriate edit). So really, its more than gut right?
I suppose so.
In post 284, Mister Rogers wrote:It seems everyone is giving Mastin a pass due to self-meta (including Thad who specifically forbids it for himself)
Just to clarify I don't necessarily give people a free pass due to self-meta (although I don't find it as useful as other people might think it is for the very reason you go on to state) I just don't provide my own self-meta to anyone who asks for it. If they want it they can go and find it themselves. Reason: laziness.

completely agree with pere's 294 - I can understand not having a scum-read on bjc, but there is really no way people should have a townread on him. This goes to rogers, projectmatt and potentially others I forgot.
In post 322, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 21, bjc wrote:I'm scum.
Town.
*sigh*
In post 24, ThAdmiral wrote:In other news I like being out of rvs within 3 live posts. While its sort of forced (what super early day 1 case stuff isn't) I still like rogers better for it.
No opinion on Talah's half of this?
I do get to it if you read on.
In post 324, pisskop wrote:
vote: Yates

Because . Nope, that's a lot of not matching my limited experience with him.
Can you elaborate?
In post 326, AngryPidgeon wrote:Anxiety is pretty town.

UNVOTE: ; VOTE: Talah
Why do we always disagree about everything?
In post 340, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 201, ThAdmiral wrote:Ok I take back everything I said about zdenek. The fake-vig was golden. bipolar is now basically conf-town, that reaction doesn't look fake at all.
Wow. I expected something more pragmatic from you at least. Thank fuck Yates has the common sense to recognize a nulltell when he sees one.
In post 344, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 278, ThAdmiral wrote:and the asking to see if he could post before the mod confirmed his "death" just feels genuine.
No? That trust in Zdenek being honest feels entirely misplaced and over-the-top nonchalant.
In post 350, pisskop wrote:-On 4nxi3ty
He's logical, and I've seen him before,
but something about his posts unsettle me
. Watching.
It's probably, you know, his lack of content and lack of conviction in his reads.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 358, ThAdmiral wrote:Why do we always disagree about everything?
Is it because you received a mafia role PM this game? I dont think we've been the same alignment ever. (Usually Im scum not you though :P)
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by talah »

In post 286, DeasVail wrote:Talah, I was asking why you thought it possible that mastin's attempt to squash activity would succeed.
I didn't actually care if it would succeed or not. I disliked the suggestion that people should be limiting their posting when there hadn't been any indication of the insane amounts of activity which were practically hallmarks of Day 1 FE:A and Gundam.
In post 286, DeasVail wrote:Regarding Mastin, I was more concerned about her than I was about you, but I think that her making a huge deal about how she only voted for you and didn't call you scum is kind of silly and also happens to be rather townish!
Mokay. I'm actually happy to let mastin do her thing for the remainder of the day, and interact as necessary (or as prompted by her). I had the feeling we were more familiar than I guess she seems to think, and a couple of the early interactions make me feel pretty :groan:-y after the fact. Never mind, Angry Pidgeon is here to save the day! Apparently.
In post 286, DeasVail wrote:Zdenek, I feel really conflicted about Bipolar's reaction to your fakevig. I completely agreed with your scumread, but considering that the dayvig gambit has become so common that it's often used as a joke, I don't know if I trust his reaction. What are your thoughts?
Yeah I'm flicking back and forth on this just by the by. At first it was not understanding the sarcasm reference - the original post seemed like it referred to Rach's previous posts. And I'm not sure if Chemist had made any reference to me at all prior to that but I'm not sure that sarcasm really fit. When I read back this morning though it seemed like it very well could be a town response to a dayvig (especially with the claim). So.. anyway Pidgeon asks me a question about it down the track so I might re-read that when I catch up.
In post 286, DeasVail wrote:Yates is so town. <3
I got that impression while reading along too. I actually got the same vibe about projectmatt when he replaced in fwiw. pisskop too, actually.

But anyway going to actually do a bit of work on this game tonight.
I've decided to let the universe deal with it rather than spazzing out over being called scum.
:D
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Talah, why do you care why Im in the game.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:01 pm

Post by talah »

Because mastin said you were one of the only players she considered could read her.
In post 220, mastin2 wrote:There's less than a handful of people who really get me as a player. Like, literally, the only one I can think of off the top of my head is AP. There's others, of course, but he's the only one in my mind who has that 100% accuracy. Others have tried, and scum have claimed they can, but they either failed or lied.
So it's your time to shine.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 323, Yates wrote:
In post 253, Mister Rogers wrote:Errrm, what? No vote? Meh. I guess there is only so much 1 guy can do at one time.
I was and continue to be voting Pere. For reasons...
Ya and I don't like them.
In post 281, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 278, ThAdmiral wrote:...Bipolar sort of just jokes about it -
and the asking to see if he could post before the mod confirmed his "death" just
feels
reads genuine.
Ok, so here we now agree (with the appropriate edit).
Are you guys high?
If you think scum have day talk
, isn't that
exactly
something someone would do?
Quote me the post where ANYONE says they think scum have daytalk. The fact you bring this up NOW is 1) Tinfoil Hat, 2) +scum

In post 285, Mister Rogers wrote:There is a sort of bizarre dynamic here because he only has two votes and both people are voting him for a scummy reason
I'm voting for Pere. What's my scummy reason?
The BB issue is a non-issue and low hanging fruit. Its a great thing for scum to make noise about just as you seem to be doing. I would expect better from you.
In post 297, Mister Rogers wrote:I am not liking Yates for it especially because he hasn't moved an inch while the "thread has exploded". Although again, a bizarre dynamic, but you haven't given him a reason to move either.
Oh. Well, that's just weak. You are condemning me for not unvoting Pere while I was away from the game? lol. Pere responded [kind of unsatisfactorally - as you note yourself] after my last post and before this one.
I'm starting to like Pere now but I am not liking you.

Unvote, Vote Yates
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Post by talah »

In post 287, Luca Blight wrote:Apologies for my lack of activity thus far, I will commit a bit of time later to going through this thread and will post my reads then.
Hi, when? You have three posts. Do you need encouragement? Like a lovely wagon?
In post 48, Luca Blight wrote:You can't read much from bjc's opening post; you have to question why scum would want to draw attention to themselves so needlessly early on, but it could be some sort of ridiculous bluff.

He comes across as apathetic, which I would attribute more to Town in the early stages of a game as opposed to scum.
Why are town apathetic in the early stages of a game? I'm enthusiastic about a game starting which I signed up for and want to be involved with.
In post 202, Damon_Gant wrote:As for talah, just the overall feel of his posts feels like something coming from town to me. Again, provocative in the right ways, seems to be genuinely scumhunting, called out mastin which is a big plus in my opinion when already there's been a couple of people in this game defending her by proxy. The only negative in talah's posts is the OMGUS vote on Doc, which I don't really like - but everything else is good stuff.
Just being transparent here, but this reason for thinking I'm town and the dislike of me being OMGUSy are both not great.
Me as scum (under the alt Schillinger) attacking Reck precisely because I *knew* he wouldn't be lynched
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p5345108
(the Curren$y youtube at the top of that page is frockin' AWESOME just by the by)
Me as town and my theory on OMGUS
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p5348546

So anyway... still think you're town.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:53 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 348, AngryPidgeon wrote: Zdenek keeps toying with the Talah vote but hopped onto me for agreeing with PV about him which is pretty sketch. Voting me and simultaneously backpedaling on the inherent seriousness of his reads that I brought up makes me pretty willing to lynch that Today
I am pretty shocked about ZD's reactions regarding your posts. It appears you rattled him pretty bad. I like your transparent catch up. I don't agree with everything you have said but most of it.

I am definitely watching Thad with you and to a far lesser extent now, ZD.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 356, AngryPidgeon wrote:presumably mastin recommended me.
Can you please explain?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Post by talah »

In post 213, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 205, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 163, 4nxi3ty wrote:Although I would be up for wagoning Luca, not for Luca's solitary Doc vote (that's null), for defending bjc
while leaving room for doubt
with "but it could be some sort of ridiculous buff"
Ahem. But didn't you do this with both myself AND DG but at the opposite of the spectrum? O_o
yes, that's the point, it's the opposite. What's the motivation for someone to leave room for a read to be town, i.e. less credit for a lynch? Compared to leaving the door open for suspicion, i.e. giving credit to lynch while defending against it? And I never showed any doubt with my DG read.
I don't understand this. The motivation to leave room to read someone as town is presumably either because you're not sure (as town) or because you want to have flexibility to change your read later (as scum).

Where does credit for a lynch factor in here?
In post 215, Mister Rogers wrote:Well ya scum love their night Q/T and I can't help think of Doc when I say this but that doesn't change the fact that door swings in both directions.
This pinged me earlier and I though I'd bring it up since you recently posted something about daytalk - but why would you presume scum only have night talk?
In post 217, Yates wrote:
In post 87, talah wrote:1) What allies did I call for?
Mastin in post 15 stood out enough that I took note of it as well. And I guess Deas in your opening post but that one was a little less eggregious. I don't find this alignment indicative at this point but it's certainly an interaction worth pointing out in the event either of you flips scum.
I'm guessing that this was the unstoppable scumhunting force post.

Fair enough insofar as that specifically goes, but the point of asking was really to get a pingback from Doc and find out if he was able to clarify his thinking, since the statements he made in the post where he was accusing me seemed quite hyperbolic.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:03 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 358, ThAdmiral wrote: completely agree with pere's 294 - I can understand not having a scum-read on bjc, but there is really no way people should have a townread on him. This goes to rogers, projectmatt and potentially others I forgot.
I like his critical thought processes and his free flowiing tone which is great for early game but his lack of presence is starting to become disturbing. I have no problem defending my early town read but it is fading fast for a prod dodging lurker-scum label.
In post 21, bjc wrote:I'm scum.
Town.
*sigh*
I actually agreed with you here.
In post 350, pisskop wrote:-On 4nxi3ty
He's logical, and I've seen him before,
but something about his posts unsettle me
. Watching.
It's probably, you know, his lack of content and lack of conviction in his reads.
Yup.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 363, Mister Rogers wrote:Quote me the post where ANYONE says they think scum have daytalk. The fact you bring this up NOW is 1) Tinfoil Hat, 2) +scum
Daytalk really isnt as uncommon as you seem to think it is.
In post 366, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 356, AngryPidgeon wrote:presumably mastin recommended me.
Can you please explain?
The mod told me that someone recommended me as a replacement and the mod sent me a PM asking me to play.
The (by far) most likely person to do that in this game is mastin.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:06 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

I just wanna say something.

It feels so GOOD playing in a game with players that don't complain about posting so much. I mean its like a weight off my shoulders. Love, hugs, everyone
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:10 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I'll have posted more than you by the end of the game even if Im lynched Today :P
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 367, talah wrote:Where does credit for a lynch factor in here?
I think Anxiety is saying that Luca could be defending a scum buddy but trying to leave wiggle room should he flip? I just reread that like 5 times and Im still scratching my head.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 369, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 363, Mister Rogers wrote:Quote me the post where ANYONE says they think scum have daytalk. The fact you bring this up NOW is 1) Tinfoil Hat, 2) +scum
Daytalk really isnt as uncommon as you seem to think it is.
There is a difference between accepting the possibility of daytalk and presumptively declaring that it exists in an argument.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:36 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 363, Mister Rogers wrote:The BB issue is a non-issue and low hanging fruit. Its a great thing for scum to make noise about just as you seem to be doing. I would expect better from you.
Yates sort of actively discouraged people from badwagoning on PV
In post 323, Yates wrote:
In post 302, Mister Rogers wrote:How about I join Yates and adovcate your lynch
Uh. How am I "advocating" a Pere lynch? My vote? You realize votes are scum hunting tools, right? My vote is on Pere specifically because I'm
in the process
of determining his alignment.
You really think Yates is going for a low hanging mislynch whilst going out of his way to discourage voters on the wagon?
Mr. Rogers wrote: There is a difference between accepting the possibility of daytalk and presumptively declaring that it exists in an argument.
In post 323, Yates wrote:Are you guys high? If you think scum have day talk, isn't that exactly something someone would do? Also, even if you think Bipolar is Town how does that in any way reflect on Zdenek's alignment?
Hes not though? Hes arguing that town reads on the situation are naive, not saying that day chat exists and therefore the situation was 100% fake.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”