Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 573, Fink wrote:So there was nothing other than this?

In post 299, Thor665 wrote:
In short - I am saying that you're extroverting fake scumhunting commentary to try to cover for doing nothing, and am calling you scum because of it.

I already went into detail on why I thought it was better commentary than you thought it was. The way you have been so dismissive about it, and so strong on it, I thought there must be something more.

Actually, you didn't.
You discussed her case wall, which was a different thing, and my initial point was about the requesting other games to read thing.

That said - why are you not voting Blair?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VC 3.06
Blair (1)-
Thor665
Phillammon (3)-
Blair, Dyslexicon, Fink
(L-2)

Shaddowez (0)-

Thor665 (1)-
acryon
droog (0)-

Fink (2)-
Pillammon, droog
acryon (0)-

Dyslexicon (1)-
Shaddowez
Bins (0)-

Not Voting (1)-
Bins

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-10-11 20:00:00)
- Oct 11th 19:00 GMT
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by droog »

In post 574, Fink wrote:@Droog:

What's the case on Dyslexicon as
you
see it?

havent followed it much
most of her and her enemy's content is wallposts

sounds like

1) she talks a lot of fluff
though dys looks like a pretty bloated poster anyways

2) her case on philamon falls apart
not sure about this

id prefer a real flip before deciding whose cases dont make sense
nobody's case this game makes sense

3) dodged some thor questions
though practically everyone has done it

hm

i could see dyslex's style of disappearing and only answering select questions
as consistent with being coached

head says town
gut says scum
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Vote her then, and decrease the surplus population.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by Thor665 »

To clarify, I'm watching Christmas Tale and that might have been a joke that it occurs to me was pretty vague in hindsight.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by droog »

i like my vote on the yyr slot
dys is not high priority yet

could see myself on philamon
probably need to reerad
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I actually am not for a Dyx lynch right now.

I am against a Phil lynch.
I am not opposed to a YYR lynch but am opposed to the YYR lynch wagon.
I am in support of a Blair lynch.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by droog »

In post 581, Thor665 wrote:I am not opposed to a YYR lynch but am opposed to the YYR lynch wagon.

please elaborate
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by Fink »

In post 580, droog wrote:i like my vote on the yyr slot
dys is not high priority yet

could see myself on philamon
probably need to reerad

I've now (this post) posted twice as much as YYR, taken more actual stances on things, had more interactions with people. At what point can we vote for me? I demand that if you do decide to lynch me, you talk about me before I die.

I'm rereading Blair and it's making me want to kill both her AND Thor, but I'm not sure how much of that sentiment relates to their allignments.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by droog »

i am talking about you
get other people to talk about you if you want
means talking to other people

asking me to postpone your death until until
you feel you participated enough
is worrying
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by Fink »

I'm not asking you to talk more about me, I was making a joke/complaint/jokey-complaint about how you keep calling me "The YYR-slot" rather than just "Fink".

I wasn't asking you to postpone my death either, I was saying I think I've talked enough at this point to count as a person who is in this game. Before I die, say my name.

Why is that worrying?
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:13 pm

Post by shaddowez »

Alright, updated reads list as promised. Let's see if I can do this without boring anyone to death.

acryon
- I initially had a fairly good town read on him based on his entrance and his interactions with people. However, he's since moved down to the null/lean scum category. His reads list in seems to be all over the place....certain people with content are null while others are lean-scum, and some of his other reasoning for reads is extremely weak (imo). The argument about voting for your top scum read seems to be reaching a bit far in my mind. In many of my games, we would rarely have a not-deadline lynch if everyone voted for just their top scumread. The fact that he uses that as part of his scumread on Thor bothers me as well. He also mentions that Thor and Blair have "monopolized the thread", but then starting in he takes on Blair's mantle and does the same thing. In my previous reads I had listed that I felt the Blair/Thor argument was town/town, but I'm not getting that same feeling with the acryon/Thor interaction. He also continues to refer to YYR well after he replaced, which makes me think he's not even paying attention to the Fink replacement.

bins
- Has to be a null. Seemed like she was fluff posting a bit as I said in my last read, and her reads list wasn't very indicative to me of alignment. Will have to wait on her replacement to get an actual read.

Blair
- Here's the first of a few of my difficult reads. At this point, I still believe she's town. It appears that she picked the fight with Thor inadvertently, but never backed down from it. There are many points in the arguments where some could read that she's avoiding questions or trying to slip by, but to me it seems more a lack of understanding of where the questions are coming from/what exactly Thor is trying to get at. Sometimes people just don't mesh communication styles well, and this seems to be one of those situations. Her interactions with wgeurts on D2 were fairly null before the flip, but I don't believe scum would have been pushing for info the way she was knowing that he was town. Her push on Phil seems authentic as well, and is still pushing for reasons from people on their reads/votes.

droog
- Going to say more solidly town now. I liked his counter arguments to acryon's "must vote your number 1 read" posts. The fact that he brings up that most people have him as their top town read and that scum is somewhere reads as town to me. I know it's sort of WIFOM, but I think a post like that would make people look at you closer, which would be extremely brazen to do as scum. I'd like to see a little more activity, as he has a lot of posts with not much in any of them, but I do like the game progression he's looking for in those posts.

dys
- I'm still thinking scum on her, though possibly not as strongly as before. Based on ISO's, I could see an acryon/dys scum team though. Now, into the actual meat of my read on Dys. I have the same feeling about the acryon/Thor argument as I do about the Dys/Thor argument. It feels like rather than an actual conversation, it's measured responses to make sure she doesn't get caught in a contradiction. Her reads list in ., and are another instance of being very wordy without saying much. Almost all of her reads could have been limited to two or three sentences, but instead she has lines upon lines, spanning three posts. The fact that she doesn't provide any reads on YYR because he replaced out also seems convenient, if YYR's slot were to flip scum. I agree that replacements can change reads on a slot, but that doesn't preclude one from giving a read on the player that was in the slot. In Dys says she's not going to respond to Thor anymore because it feels like it's going nowhere, and then directly corresponds with him again in her next two posts ( and . I did like her push on Phil which didn't feel like bussing, which is probably the only reason I have a slightly less strong scumread on her right now (I know my original read on Phil was town, his read comes later). I'm still comfortable with my vote where it is, however.

Fink/YYR
- Null/leaning town. I have my YYR case explained in my previous reads list, so I'll focus on Fink here. I appreciated his intro to the game, although giving the interim reads was a little interesting as it appeared that his reads on some people changed in very few posts. The thing I did not like at all, however, was the fact that he didn't even mention his slot until , where he makes the comment about "knowing the YYR slot is town" and talking about Phil's case against him. He's not letting things slip by (, for example), and seems to be genuinely trying to understand motives.

Phil
- Intial town read, now beginning to lean scum. His intro reads list seemed to have some effort put into it, and his questioning of wgeurts seemed to be town-motivated. His next few posts don't have too much in them, so they're a null read to me. In , his read on Johnny seems very fencesitting, and he doesn't provide very much original though on Blair, as he admits in the very beginning ("a lot of the same things Thor's been calling out"). In is where things start to go downhill. He admits to not having read the entire thread between Blair and Thor, which leads me to two questions: 1) How can he know what context things that follow are in? and 2) How can he be sure he didn't miss anything thrown at anyone else as not all of the posts were purely Thor-->Blair or vice versa. He mentions that she's scummy for her defense of YYR, but defending other players is townish in the next paragraph. He then talks about looking closer at the Dys case, and mentions three specific posts. He talks about the first one in , which he resolves at "isn't all bad", then says he needs to still visit the other two, which he still hasn't. In his next (and only post since) post, , he gives an argument for Dys that's similar to the one I'm using here, but (imo) worded much more poorly. He also says that he's going to look at things that aren't Dys' ISO, which precludes us from hearing anything more on the two posts he mentioned in his previous post.

Thor
- Are there any roles that allow you to be both town and scum? That would be an easier case to make than either alignment. I'm finding his actual content very hard to get a read off of, which makes him null based on that. Some of the methods he's using, particularly post flooding, seem like something scum would do to hide their alignment. However, most strongly based on his major interaction partners (Blair, acryon, and Dys), I have to say I feel he is town. There has been no lack of him trying to offer explanations (though his snarky attitude often leads to dodgy sounding answers), assuming people actually ask the right questions. His voting record does not seem suspicious to me - the fact that he considers wgeurts and Blair scummy doesn't actually require him to place a #1 and #2 scum read and only vote for #1. The wgeurts wagon was gaining steam, so there was no reason to move it and attempt to start a counter wagon. He is definitely pushing people's buttons, but I could easily see that as being a way to get people to catch themselves in contradictions or just all-out flail. In his dealings with Blair, there definitely seems to be a lack of understanding between them in certain phrasings/motivations, but they are continuing to probe into each others posts and reasons. With both Dys and acryon, I feel that Thor is pushing on them for reasons, and they are both looking for anything that could possibly be a hole to try and place him as scum for.
V/LA on Weekends
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:14 pm

Post by Fink »

This
is what happens when I forget the
italics

Just realized that was probably the problem. Should have italicized
me

That, or just gone with my original thought: "Say my name, bitch."

But I didn't want to call Droog a lady-dog.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 568, Fink wrote:@Shaddowez: You seem to have come back to this pretty strongly as a scummy thing about Dyslexicon lately, but it was Droog who first said "useful scumhunting", Dyslexicon had just come in 2 posts later to argue with him about whether or not YYR's thing was pointless, essentially saying that he shouldn't be ruling things out as pointless so quickly. So Droog did have an opinion that this was useless while Dyslexicon did have the opinion you don't like (nothing is necessarily useless), fair enough. But isn't it weird to jump on this as Dyslexicon setting up a useful defense, seeing as it was in reply to "I can't imagine any useful scumhunting coming from that question"?

I mean you seem to be giving this a lot of weight, but in context of that section of the thread, it seems more like a throw-away "Don't be so quick to shut down discussion" sort of comment. Why does it seem so significant to you?

Why isn't it a null-read we-think-about-things-differently comment?

You are correct, Droog did first use the term "useful scumhunting". The phrase that I disliked was when Dys said "I don't think "useful scumhunting" looks like something in particular". If there was nothing else to my argument but that, I would have definitely just let it pass by as an "I don't like it", but not necessarily as a scum tell IMO. However, considering I already didn't like other things about her posts, it was just another point on the scuminess scale for me. The only reason I ever went back to it specifically was because Dys asked me about it - I never brought it up again of my own volition.
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:19 pm

Post by shaddowez »

Thor
- Why are you against a Phil lynch? Also, what are your thoughts on an acryon wagon?
V/LA on Weekends
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by Fink »

@Shaddowez: What do you mean by not liking that I "didn't even mention my slot"? I'm not sure what you're saying.

When you say you already didn't like things about Dyslexicon's posts and this was just another point on the scuminess scale, we're talking post 78. What were all the things you disliked about her before that point?
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by Fink »

You know what, that's too weak.

"I don't think "useful scumhunting" looks like something in particular. " was Dyslexicon's 8th post.

Here's what she had said before that point.

Spoiler: Dyslexicon's first 7 posts
In post 19, Dyslexicon wrote:Hi. :3

VOTE: wgeurts

Yes.

In post 21, Dyslexicon wrote:
In post 20, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Hi Dys. What's droog talking about?

Why wguts over Cheetory?

I think he wanted two wagons instead of one, and then realized a vote was not where he initially thought. And then he made som insinuation that YYR was initiating stupid discussion by asking the thingy that was the thingy about you. I don't know why he thought it was stupid. And I don't know if I intepreted it correctly (he will hopefully shed more light on it himself). I like punctuation. And I miss my nickname, but Dys is cool.^^

I have no answer to that just now.

In post 23, Dyslexicon wrote:Am I the only one imagining droogs chanting out loud what he is typing? :3

In post 26, Dyslexicon wrote:
In post 24, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Right?

So Keely. It's pretty obvious that it's either Wingnuts or you dying today. You should join the wagaruts wagon. Blair found him.

Dys has mysterious reasons for doing things and it's weird.

I've played with someone I call Keely on another site, and I wonder if it's the same person, but I kind of doubt it from posting style. Keely. I like to write it.

And yes, some reasons are half mysterious to me as well. Why, brain, why?

In post 28, Dyslexicon wrote:@ Keely, All the names are hard to remember. But I like doing nicknames. Why are you not upset about dying? Dun dun DUUUN.

In post 31, Dyslexicon wrote:
In post 29, Cheetory6 wrote:I've had a good life.~

I'm glad to hear it.

VOTE: Cheetory

In post 33, Dyslexicon wrote:
In post 32, droog wrote:Question was dumber than autocorrect

Why?

(Also, autocorrect makes things funny. Sometimes).

Basically nothing. So want to explain why that last answer makes any sense?
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 590, Fink wrote:@Shaddowez: What do you mean by not liking that I "didn't even mention my slot"? I'm not sure what you're saying.

I've never replaced into a game (Well, that's technically a lie - I replaced into one but it was still in confirms), so I can't say exactly how I'd act. However, I imagine that I'd look at my slot's ISO first and see what kind of interactions they had and deal with them early on. You didn't do that, and just started providing your own reads on people. That's what I didn't like - not a major thing, just something that struck me.

When you say you already didn't like things about Dyslexicon's posts and this was just another point on the scuminess scale, we're talking post 78. What were all the things you disliked about her before that point?

I'm sorry, I had misunderstood your second part of that line of questioning. Yes, at that point in time it was just something that pinged me, so I pointed it out. Had Dys never asked me about it, there's a good chance I would have forgotten about it/ignored it except for when doing ISO reads. I'll often call out lines from people that I don't like, even if I have them as strong town reads. It gives me something to look at again later, as well as bringing it to other people's attention to do with what they will.
V/LA on Weekends
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by Fink »

You can read YYR's ISO in about 20 seconds. I didn't just jump in and start providing my own reads because I wasn't wanting to deal with how he interacted with people, I jumped in, started reading the thread and providing my own reads because there wasn't anything to go on. And frankly, I'm still trying to figure out what that question to Cheetory was about.

Honestly, I find my own reads much more worth discussing than YYR doing one weird thing and then posting "I'll catch up tomorrow, I swear" a few times.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 593, Fink wrote:You can read YYR's ISO in about 20 seconds. I didn't just jump in and start providing my own reads because I wasn't wanting to deal with how he interacted with people, I jumped in, started reading the thread and providing my own reads because there wasn't anything to go on. And frankly, I'm still trying to figure out what that question to Cheetory was about.

Honestly, I find my own reads much more worth discussing than YYR doing one weird thing and then posting "I'll catch up tomorrow, I swear" a few times.

Fair enough - like I said, not having been in that situation I just may have been seeing it differently.
V/LA on Weekends
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by Fink »

In post 592, shaddowez wrote:
I'm sorry, I had misunderstood your second part of that line of questioning. Yes, at that point in time it was just something that pinged me, so I pointed it out. Had Dys never asked me about it, there's a good chance I would have forgotten about it/ignored it except for when doing ISO reads. I'll often call out lines from people that I don't like, even if I have them as strong town reads. It gives me something to look at again later, as well as bringing it to other people's attention to do with what they will.

Okay, I guess I can buy that (although count that as a "ping" for you on my readings).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 582, droog wrote:
In post 581, Thor665 wrote:I am not opposed to a YYR lynch but am opposed to the YYR lynch wagon.

please elaborate

I don't think the slot looks particularly townish anymore, as I was sold on that his interaction could be taken as scum/scum with Johnny.
That said - that's pretty much the extent of the case, his interaction 'could' be taken as scummy.
While I agree with that, it 'could' also be taken as 'not scummy at all'.
I also discussed with you earlier about your crowning point, the Cheetory misrep, and how she didn't declare it a misrep and agreed with his take. I think that came from their seeming prior knowledge of each other and was pretty null in reality. Without that aspect I think your case becomes one of 'lurk' which isn't exactly sexy.

In post 583, Fink wrote:I'm rereading Blair and it's making me want to kill both her AND Thor, but I'm not sure how much of that sentiment relates to their allignments.

I am frustrated by this because it is laziness, regardless of your alingment, and I am tired of the lazy players here using it as an excuse not to bother to produce a read.
Oh dear lord, there are *words* and some *paragraphs* and they have *debate* and I have to read them and offer an opinion on things that were said!?!
Oh no!
Oh woe unto me, the hapless player...in a forum game...based on words and writing...where the goal is to assess the motivation of the other players...by reading them.
Alternate plot - just read us and come out with an actual opinion?
A thought.

In post 589, shaddowez wrote:
Thor
- Why are you against a Phil lynch? Also, what are your thoughts on an acryon wagon?

I have discussed with both Blair and Fink why I am against the lynch (Dyx too, maybe...?)
Lessee...

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p6261452
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p6261603
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p6261628
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p6264121

Pretty much covers it.
I can explain anything you don't get, but try to narrow down what it is you don't get if you don't get something.
Otherwise I'll just keep re-quoting those links.
I would say the last two are the big ones. Basically I got Fink to agree his read was maybe not a slam dunk (which, was mildly townish...though he kept the vote in place which was mildly scummish...but I'm having a pain reading that slot. I also got Blair to admit she was running double standards and that she figured that was legit because certain people have 'higher bars' they need to reach. Apparently she has meta on us all. Or is scummy. I choose to believe scummy, because she basically said that Phil, since he "extroverts" logic must be held to a higer standard, even though she has first off not really dinged his logic, and second off has no valid judge of what his logic is like as town or scum - making her case a sham.)

I would support an Acryon lynch. I think a Blair lynch is superior.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:12 pm

Post by shaddowez »

What do you think about the points in my read on him? Specifically the questions that I brought up, and the fact that he was going to look at Dys' ISO, then looked at one post and randomly decided to stop looking at Dys' ISO?
V/LA on Weekends
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:35 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I agree with your point that he is exhibiting lazy play and skipping reading stuff.
Sadly that is not a unique truth of our existence in this game as I can easily name Fink, Dyx, and acryon and paint them with the same brush.

So...I agree with you, but sheer numbers say it's not a good reason to scumread him barring other info in this game.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:35 pm

Post by Fink »

So Dyslexicon recently pointed out that Blair agreeing with Thor that she (Blair) would look like scum for her defense of Dys, were Dys to flip scum was kind of weird on both Thor and Blair's parts because Blair hasn't actually done much to defend Dyslexicon (and extra suspicious on Blair since she's been usually arguing with all the weird crap Thor says.) So I went back and looked at Blair's defending, I've copied all the quotes into the spoiler below so we can all look at this in one place.

Spoiler: Blair's Defense of Dyslexicon
In post 401, Blair wrote:
In post 340, Thor665 wrote:Address my raised issue with Dyx about her statements regarding needing meta on me - go.
...Wall-o'-quotes...
How reasonable your inference was or wasn't hinges entirely upon whether or not it was accurate to characterize Dyslexicon as "not reading this game."

I'll be honest: I never saw where you were getting that from (note that here I am saying I never saw evidence of this in Dyslexicon's posts, not that I never saw you explain that conclusion - before you go and quote the above wall at me again).

At the same time, I do have a hard time believing that she planned on poring over not one but
two
scum games of yours in any real detail, and she does admit to skimming in 301.

tl;dr
: You were probably right to say she was disingenuous in asking for two scum games to read over (the very fact that she publicly asked for them when they aren't hard to find demonstrates she was more interested in making sure we all knew she was doing it than actually doing so), but you could have made this point without claiming she wasn't reading this game, either (which I think was just another way of saying "You aren't asking a lot of meaningful questions or drawing significant conclusions," which, again, is a point that can be made without the above claim).

Summary: You raised a fair point, but included an unnecessary and unverifiable jab that inevitably led to a lot of pointless arguing.

I'm glad you asked, though, because it made me reread Dyslexicon and I agree with you on that count.

In post 407, Thor665 wrote:
As far as showing Dyxs' lack of reading, how about this;
In post 178, Dyslexicon wrote:You are right that I didn't read your very last posts.
(NOTE: This is taken out of context, as has been discussed earlier, Dys was talking about responding before catching up with the most recent thread activity)

Or this?
In post 263, Dyslexicon wrote:That last version is really different than anything I ever got in my head (Thor), and I write drama for a living and it's pretty cool as such. And I will need to read again. BAIIII

Which I'll agree she's claimign to have read - but is now saying she needs to read it twice before being able to offer comments on it...?
Or this?
In post 301, Dyslexicon wrote:(I skimmed most
(referring to Thor's couple of old games)
of course, cause I'm not going to use that much time right now (I can't anyway)

Which, fascinatingly, shows I was correct in my belief of her reading.

So on and so forth.
If you find the arguing pointless than don't discuss it.
What I'm asking you is - do you think she said that as town or as scum? You seem to be agreeing she said it for the look of the matter. Now what is your read on her alignment once you notice that? Because you said a lot without concluding much.

In post 409, Blair wrote:
P-edit: Sorry, I thought it was implicit: It's scummy. I don't think she's as scummy as Phillammon, though, which is why I asked you about him immediately after.

In post 495, Blair wrote:
I'm liking Dyslexicon's recent bout of posting, and while I could see this as scum starting to get their sure footing again after an attack, I'd peg it as more likely Town finally buckling down.

In post 516, Blair wrote:(And yes, my case on Phillammon and your case on Dyslexicon are becoming more and more similar the more they are elaborated)

In post 517, Blair wrote:Looking over it again, I still like Dys' recent list of reads? I don't know, I feel like she was pretty specific - not formatting-wise (with lots of links and post numbers and such, like I would have liked) but you can pretty well tell what posts and interactions she's referring to - it doesn't seem fictional to me.

I take it you disagree?

In post 521, Blair wrote:
In post 519, Thor665 wrote:This feels like something of a double standard - am I incorrect?

No, you are correct - I have different standards for different people.

Phillammon seems to be trying to present himself as very thorough, but under scrutiny it doesn't hold up.

I never got the impression from Dyslexicon that she was presenting herself as particularly thorough, so the bar for genuineness is lower here.

You are free and expected to balk at that.

In post 522, Thor665 wrote:

I really wanna flip Dyx now. If she's scum you are an assured the day after.

In post 523, Blair wrote:Yes, since I've defended her and I started the counterwagon that is to be expected.

In post 526, Blair wrote:
Yes, if Dys is lynched and flips scum it would be perfectly reasonable to find my defense of her suspicious - that is a tell I wouldn't argue with. (Hold me to it!)

I find myself agreeing with Dys (and Thor?!) about this being weird. She does an awful lot of calling Dys scummy for being her big defender. Weirder than I initially thought, because it isn't just the agreeing with Thor all of a sudden, it's the admitting to being something she really hasn't been (a strong defender of Dyslexicon). I don't think that's a particularly strong defense of Dys here. I'm not sure what to make of it, so talk this through with me guys. Please add to this. What are her motivations for agreeing with Thor.

If Blair is scum and Thor is scum
: Why would they ever do this? No one is pressuring them to get into a situation like this, I find it pretty unlikely. Does anyone have a good reason for the Blair-Thor scumteam to act this way? I think someone proposed this as a both-or-neither (acryon?).

If Blair is town
: She's annoyed with Thor (although doesn't sound nearly as much like it here as earlier) and going along because she's pretty confident in her Dys town-read. Except none of her earlier posts really make her seem confident in her Dys town-read, other than some feelings off this last thing. I believe a town read, but it doesn't seem all that strong. Would Blair agree to this on a mild town read? Does she think no one would hold her to it? My guess is on that last, I know I wouldn't vote for someone because Thor made this deal.

Regardless of how confident she is, why would she act like she'd been a big defender of Dys? That's the real scummy thing here actually, more than the "promise."

If Blair is scum and Thor is town
: We come to the question of why, in the event of a Blair/Dyslexicon scumteam (as Thor would believe in if Dys is scum) Why would Blair agree to what seems a huge overstatement of how much she has defended Dys. Is being the first to vote for Phil that
sure
. I know I wouldn't think it is. I can see Scum Dys/Blair up
until
this point, but if Blair really were scum, why not just call Thor ridiculous. It would hardly be the first time. Heck, I'd probably agree. I might have even voted Thor over it. But she would have reason to see herself as a defender of town-Dys because Dys hasn't been her mislynch target.

@Blair: Why did you agree with Thor that you were an obvious lynch candidate if Dys is scum. Not agreeing that you look scummy, that I get, but why are you so obvious that you'd be lynched? Do you think I'd be stupid not to vote for you if Dys flips scum?
@Thor: Do you think this makes Dys more likely to be town?

While I'm still totally okay with a Phil lynch, I'm going to VOTE: Blair now and see where this goes.

Return to “Completed Open Games”