VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:11 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

FWIW; West is currently in my "I do lynch want to lynch this player today" pile. I advise everyone on the West to either get off, or tell me why I'm wrong.

In post 1474, bji wrote:A thought: West is third party. He doesn't care about finding scum, just about making sure that he lives. What kind of role does that? I don't even know. Someone who knows the roles better might fill in the blanks.

I think what you're trying to describe here is the Survivor role. Personally' I'm subscribing to the simpler explanation that West = town.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:47 am

Post by pisskop »

theres no 3p. But that was wonderful. Brought a tear to my eye. Like, the best results I could ask for.

vote: Texcat
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:49 am

Post by pisskop »

Its not like Id let Aero-san live past tomorrow, anyway.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:46 am

Post by texcat »

In post 1470, West9 wrote:
So, basically, Gliffie spends the end of day 1 trying to distance himself away from Titus, while still attacking the wagon and trying to push the P-Brain and Ari counterwagons (but not the TMJ wagon. Strangely enough, that gets avoided). Scumbuddies

Not much I can say about Gliffie. This is not how I use the word "distance". Distancing is what you did early in the game when you voted SW and then backed down for little to no reason.
This isn't a scumread list. If it was truly based on interactions with Titus, then a more thorough consideration of the implications of my L-2 vote would have happened. This is a list of people Texcat considers the easiest to mislynch.

I gave my reasons for everyone's position on that list. The easiest people to lynch are the ones who are the scummiest. So why is this surprising?
About my L-2 vote: You guys seriously need to put more thought into that, because there was ZERO motivation for scumWest to vote for Titus at that point in any way possible. Why? Well, on D1 if you were going to bus someone, why wouldn't you bus TMJ? Why would you bus Titus who could potentially be of great benefit to you?
In case that looks familiar:
In post 1376, texcat wrote:And as far as the SW/Titus votes go, on D1 if you were going to bus someone, why wouldn't you bus TMJ? Why would you bus Titus who could potentially be of great benefit to you?

And I still agree with that, right up to the point where it looks like the Titus lynch is inevitable. That's when the scum will typically join the wagon for the cred.

And I'm sorry I don't think your tale about me getting rid of Johnny to be able to lynch you holds any water at all. It's not like scum is going to win with one more mislynch. Scum needs a boat load of mislynches and they are not going to get them by eliminating players as suspicious as Johnny. Why wouldn't scum kill someone like Pisskop or Bji or even Victor? I think Johnny was eliminated because he is familiar with your play and was likely to figure out that you are scum.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:25 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

vote: texcat

VDA, West, and pisskop read town to me.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:47 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Votecount 3.03
texcat
[3] - West9, pisskop, ChaosOmega
West9
[2] - texcat, Aristophanes
ChaosOmega
[1] - bji
bji
[1] - evilpacman18
Not Voting
[1] - VictorDeAngelo

With
alive, it's
to lynch.

Deadline for Day Three is Thursday, April 16th, @ 12:00 PM EST, which is in (expired on 2015-04-16 12:00:00).
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:20 am

Post by texcat »

In post 1479, ChaosOmega wrote:
vote: texcat

VDA, West, and pisskop read town to me.

Are you just not paying any attention to the game? Can you explain why you have town reads on VDA and West?
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:51 am

Post by bji »

In post 1476, pisskop wrote:theres no 3p. But that was wonderful. Brought a tear to my eye. Like, the best results I could ask for.

I truly don't understand. Are you making fun of me? If so, please explain better, because I think I am not properly ridiculed if I don't even understand how I'm being ridiculed.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:53 am

Post by bji »

In post 1475, VictorDeAngelo wrote:FWIW; West is currently in my "I do lynch want to lynch this player today" pile. I advise everyone on the West to either get off, or tell me why I'm wrong.

You are the master of typos that say the opposite of what you mean. I think you meant "I do NOT want to lynch this player today" - right?
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:10 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 1483, bji wrote:
In post 1475, VictorDeAngelo wrote:FWIW; West is currently in my "I do lynch want to lynch this player today" pile. I advise everyone on the West to either get off, or tell me why I'm wrong.

You are the master of typos that say the opposite of what you mean. I think you meant "I do NOT want to lynch this player today" - right?

:facepalm:

Yep, West is in my town pile.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:30 am

Post by West9 »

In post 1478, texcat wrote:And I'm sorry I don't think your tale about me getting rid of Johnny to be able to lynch you holds any water at all. It's not like scum is going to win with one more mislynch. Scum needs a boat load of mislynches and they are not going to get them by eliminating players as suspicious as Johnny. Why wouldn't scum kill someone like Pisskop or Bji or even Victor? I think Johnny was eliminated because he is familiar with your play and was likely to figure out that you are scum.

(I mean there's the simpler, also likely possibility of "he was an influential player who wasn't going to get lynched and who was suspicious of Gliffie")
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:38 am

Post by West9 »

In post 1478, texcat wrote:And I still agree with that, right up to the point where it looks like the Titus lynch is inevitable. That's when the scum will typically join the wagon for the cred.

This is nowhere near true. The Titus lynch was not inevitable at the time I made my vote.

I look forward to you abandoning conversation on this point once I remark on it's blatant falsehood, as you've done with so much of my argument.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:41 am

Post by texcat »

It looked inevitable when I was reading, long after the fact. People who were there in real time may be better judges of that than I.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:47 am

Post by West9 »

No, that's bullshit. It should be easy as hell to see that if you're looking at anything other than my ISO.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:51 am

Post by West9 »

In post 1482, bji wrote:
In post 1476, pisskop wrote:theres no 3p. But that was wonderful. Brought a tear to my eye. Like, the best results I could ask for.

I truly don't understand. Are you making fun of me? If so, please explain better, because I think I am not properly ridiculed if I don't even understand how I'm being ridiculed.

(I think he was talking about me)
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:54 am

Post by texcat »

Whatever. First you say that I'm reading so carefully that I thought I needed to kill Johnny, but now you accuse me of reading only your iso. Your arguments don't appear to hold water to me.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:58 am

Post by West9 »

You're a replacement. You probably read more recent things more thoroughly than you read older things. Not a hard thing to imagine.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:00 am

Post by West9 »

I would just write this off as "you're lying" if it weren't for the mistake you made in reading my Titus attacks as Silverwolf defenses. That implies some serious lack of context awareness.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by bji »

In post 1470, West9 wrote:Gliffieslot case, if some of you are interested in refocusing and/or playing the game.

In post 445, Gliffie wrote:

TJM
- Oh dear, not much happened here, did it? Bad bji vote and some not very interesting questions. I eagerly await future contributions.

SilverWolf
- Seems fine.

Other people were given analysis during his initial post. These two weren't.

This implication is not convincing. The likelihood that Gliffie would specifically not mention his two scum buddies and then put them in a separate post later seems unnecessarily careless. Hard to believe that a scum even trying to appear unbiased would do anything like that.

West9 wrote:
In post 463, Gliffie wrote:
In post 455, Count Dooku wrote:
Scum

Aristophanes

TMJ

TMJ? Just gut I presume?

Only interested in TMJ read out of Dooku's list.

Could be explained by the fact that at the time TMJ was noted for not participating, and anyone would have been justified in finding it odd that TMJ was listed as a top scum read there.

West9 wrote:
Gliffie wrote:What the fuck is going on. Correct me if I'm wrong: Titus is a known sharp player, completely and utterlty missunderstands pisskop, this is apparently scum slip of the century, suddenly L-1? This seems so dumb on both ends. Titus, you are paying attention to the game right? Your posts feel so unfocused. I really don't like this wagon either. It's so incredibly rushed. Why are VDA, P Brain and Lapsa on it? Is just just #YOLOSWAGWAGON or did I miss your actual reasons? Ari's jump onto the wagon feels really opportunitsic too. Oh, and bji is back. Man...

Defense/not defense of titus where he also attacks the Titus wagon.

This is more substantial than your other two points. But still, one could just take Gliffie at face value here. Not understanding why Titus was being so dense but also not understanding why Titus being dense equates to a quickwagon.

West9 wrote:
In post 858, Gliffie wrote:I don't think it's that unlikely. Cheetory does not originate from this site and this is the first game he's hosting here. Do you think the list mod would not have approved it?

Still pushing for Ari lynch.

Are you sure that Ari is town?

West9 wrote:
In post 873, Gliffie wrote:I doubt you will get anything out of Pea Brain anyways. Someone should just shoot that guy before we waste a lynch on him. I'm all for him giving reads though, if he can accomplish such a feat.

The next day:
In post 1017, Gliffie wrote:VOTE: Prolapsed Brain because I think there's a bigger chance he'll flip scum. I'll hammer Titus before the deadline to avoid a no lynch though. Gj to scum for making me chose between two players who aren't my top scumread. (Someone please vote Ari with me).

IDK, I'm starting to be convinced ... reading more into post , the quote "I'd rather have you vote Ari, but that's not gonna happen, is it?" just highlights how Gliffie was always aggressive in proposing lynches of non-scum players, but cautious in conceding that he'd be "willing to" vote for players that we now know were scum.

West9 wrote:
About my L-2 vote: You guys seriously need to put more thought into that, because there was ZERO motivation for scumWest to vote for Titus at that point in any way possible. Why? Well, on D1 if you were going to bus someone, why wouldn't you bus TMJ? Why would you bus Titus who could potentially be of great benefit to you?

Well I do have to disagree here. Why bus TMJ, who is unlikely to even play along in a meaningful way? What's the point of a bussing vote that doesn't gather much convincing interaction? A bus doesn't look like much when it's on a lurker. Much better is a point/counterpoint argument with a sharp scum partner who can make it look convincing.

In post 1389, texcat wrote:
In post 662, West9 wrote:Silverwolf/bji: eh. this isn't really fun to read. I need a reader's digest version of 632. bji's cluelessness and Silverwolf's exaggeration seem real. That tells me little about alignment.

At face value, I super don't feel comfortable following VDA, PBrain, and bji into this wagon, so we should kill Ari instead.

In post 872, West9 wrote:I agree that SW looked genuine but the fact that she replaced means to me that the exasperation was alignment-neutral

This is the kind of soft defense that I would expect from a scum buddy.

I'm not sure I buy the "soft defense" argument at all. Maybe you perceive it as such but with no evidence other than your feeling that this looks like soft defense, it's just not convincing to me.

West9 wrote:
What happened was that Texcat searched through my ISO, trying to find dirt on me so that she could hastily put together a case and get me mislynched, forgot to check for context, and made a scummy error which she hasn't acknowledged. And she hasn't acknowledged it because she is not trying to find scum.

Well I would expect that a scum willing to do that much leg work would be willing to think of a way to respond to your subsequent accusation, wouldn't you?

Also, are you "trying to find scum" in this game? I really haven't seen you put alot of effort in unless it's to defend yourself, and your strongest scum read all game is on someone mostly just because they built a case against you.

West9 wrote:
In post 1440, texcat wrote:Should we talk about why Johnny is dead?

I actually had him very close to the top of the scum list during my read thru. He seems an odd choice for NK.

then:
In post 1445, West9 wrote:
In post 1434, pisskop wrote:The Johnny kill was odd, but perhaps the scum was trying to eliminate more PRs.

Texcat came straight out of the gates pushing for a West lynch. Johnny would have been maybe the hardest person to get to support a West lynch. Therefore, Johnny needed to go.

This evidence I find much more convincing. texcat first acting like there was no obvious reason that Johnny would be the NK, but then later trying to use the Johnny lynch as evidence against you, is really weird. It does feel opportunistic, and not in a good (town) way.

There's another thing about Gliffie I don't like, and I already pointed it out a while ago: Gliffie prompted me to have another go at making reads back when I was lamenting not having any idea what to do, and acted like he'd be interested in the results, and when I came back with SW as the guilty party in those reads, he never said a word about them. That was just a little odd given that SW flipped scum.

Finally, I feel like texcat has been trying to buddy me ever since joining back. Defending me against pacman a little in post , asking me specifically to look at West's ISO, as if my opinion is worth something, asking me to make reads, just overall being really friendly to me and valuing my opinion and expressing that. I hate to have to use someone being nice to me as evidence against them, but I couldn't help having noticed it.

textcat, I like you as a player and you seem like a really nice person and I hate to have to do this, but please understand it's just a game decision and nothing personal, and Gliffie is mostly to blame.

UNVOTE: ChaosOmega
VOTE: texcat

That's L-1.

As for West, you're kind of null for me after all that. I don't like how you have these powers of observation but you only really use them in self defense. But I do think you come out better in the West-texcat exchange.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 199, SilverWolf wrote:
@mod
-also prod or replace prolapsed brain?

In post 248, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 245, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Eh I like 'em fine enough. Where's your head right now Silver?

I'm thinking Lapsa, Prolapsed Brain, Nickname and TMJ all look scummy.

I think VDA's constant defense of Lapsa is noteable. Lapsa doesn't like to answer questions unless forced.

Prolapsed Brain is trying to take us back to RVS and is too aggro for my taste.

Nickname's post are very off-tone, message, etc.

TMJ is not reading or paying attention.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There's probably at least one scum here.

In post 250, SilverWolf wrote:Also, I don't like to talk about my townreads unless someone has a specific question about someone. If you aren't scummy to me you are town or null right now.

Ugh. Really? There is absolutely no way I would have killed Johnny if I were scum. No effing way! It would be a totally boneheaded move from anyone except Johnny.

Re Gliffie and SW. Gliffie was obviously convinced that SW/Titus was innocent. He stuck with his convictions. I admire him for that and think it actually makes him look more townie.

I am totally convinced that West is scum. I don't mind at all being lynched Today as long as West is lynched Tomorrow.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by texcat »

Ooops. Sorry. I forgot to preview. Got some extraneous quotes there.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by bji »

In post 1494, texcat wrote:
Ugh. Really? There is absolutely no way I would have killed Johnny if I were scum. No effing way! It would be a totally boneheaded move from anyone except Johnny.

Can you restate this? I just want to make sure this is what you meant to say.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by texcat »

Are you pulling my leg?

The "Ugh. Really?" was in response to you. I can't understand why you thought that the Johnny part of West's argument held any water at all.

Where was Johnny on your list? Was he a town read for you? He certainly was not for me.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by texcat »

I just fail to understand why scum would eliminate a possible mislynch candidate instead of eliminating someone who was semi-confirmed town. I would never have done that as scum.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by texcat »

And, yes, I asked the question about Johnny. I was hoping that someone would come to the same conclusion that I did if they thought about it. If say, Pisskop had thought about it and come to the conclusion that only West had a motive for killing Johnny it would have carried more weight and Johnny would have had a harder time turning it around to be an accusation on me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”