Newbie 1625: American Spring - Day 5 (DL - 08/31)

Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:43 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Mostly the way he switches too much with his votes and reads. He goes from calling people scum to calling them town in one hour.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:57 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 741, Akuseru wrote:
I find this funny, because one of that's one of the contributing reasons why I think thespio is town. His criteria for scum can be used to describe himself. It's this absurd mindset and play that have me doubt thespio could be mafia.

It was also one of the reasons I was initially thinking he could be town. He seems to play on emotion, but I now think that's play-style and he would do the exact same thing as scum so therefore it becomes null.

The problem is the timing of his reads. They are convenient and 'go with the flow'. The majority of his reads are sheeping somebody else/multiple people and it means he makes as little noise as possible by going along with the general consensus. It's a very basic tactic that scum use to lay low and not draw any attention.

What do you think about Thespio refusing to respond to any of my accusations towards him during my catch up?

In post 742, Bulbazoor wrote:bBT has been towning it up, so I can not sort the slot out well for now. It has come back to a null read. But I will keep my eyes on you!

If I was towning it up, surely that means I am a town read? This reeks of you trying to keep your lynch pool as wide as possible.

In post 745, Thespio wrote:
Blue on the other hand will not justify himself and when questioned refers to something that i dont see even exists, and when questioned further shuts down all convo and simply says "you must not have read my recap". All I want from him is justification and ultimately him to tell us what he read Stubbs actions as, at this point it is to late though. If he had said "Stubbs was scummy" I would have thought he was pro town, However he wont even try. Bulba Im still eh, on, I think its odd blue brought him up as likely scum, And NS, but is only pushing NS. ITs literally ad populum. He is voting where the bandwagon is, and were it will likely go. But he hasnt made any push towards bulba...

Why does not justifying myself make me scum? (I have justified everything I have said but I'm humoring you). I have just finished catching up on a 30 page game and you wanted me to go back and reread all of my posts when they were right there for you to read. If you can't be bothered to look, why should I? I don't need to convince you to vote NS, I don't think you're the bussing type. I need the rest of town to understand what I'm saying.

You have been told multiple times by multiple people that me commenting on my own slot means absolutely nothing. You can gain no information from it, I bet if your buddy Micc the IC (clarification; not scum buddy) tells you the same thing you'll back off then, right?

Why is it odd I brought Bulba up as scum? Are you town reading him? If so, why? I'm pushing NS because I think he is scum and he has the biggest wagon out of all of my scum reads. Do you have a problem with this?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:14 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

[/quote]
In post 751, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

In post 742, Bulbazoor wrote:bBT has been towning it up, so I can not sort the slot out well for now. It has come back to a null read. But I will keep my eyes on you!

If I was towning it up, surely that means I am a town read? This reeks of you trying to keep your lynch pool as wide as possible. [/quote]
And that reeks of you trying to get town cred.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:15 am

No, that reeks of me saying your reads and position are scummy.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:24 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

Okay im back, i have internet its not great but i will be able to read and post from time to time. like i said before, give it up to 24 hours for me to answer your questions.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:04 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 749, Akuseru wrote:Why thespio?

He would have been admitting that there was fault in the play style and if he recognized it then it wouldnt look like he was shying away from it.
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:07 am

Post by Akuseru »

In post 751, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:What do you think about Thespio refusing to respond to any of my accusations towards him during my catch up?

1. He hasn't read the entire thing (he's been asking you to comment on your slot before you even finished your catch up and has been fixated on it since - he probably won't move on until you've answered to his satisfaction).
2. Some of those accusations don't explicitly mention thespio, and I doubt he clicked the links, so he most likely skipped over them. thespio only looks and focuses on anything he could use for his cases and for the most part ignores the rest (ahhhh so scummy...b-but I still think he's town @_@).

@thespio, can you respond to all of the comments, questions, and accusations surrounding you from bbt's catch up, please?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 751, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Why does not justifying myself make me scum? (I have justified everything I have said but I'm humoring you). I have just finished catching up on a 30 page game and you wanted me to go back and reread all of my posts when they were right there for you to read. If you can't be bothered to look, why should I? I don't need to convince you to vote NS, I don't think you're the bussing type. I need the rest of town to understand what I'm saying.

Because its not there, thats why im asking you to show me where it is. Because at this point it is not even a real thing, you just assert its existence.

In post 751, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Why is it odd I brought Bulba up as scum? Are you town reading him? If so, why? I'm pushing NS because I think he is scum and he has the biggest wagon out of all of my scum reads. Do you have a problem with this?

No, I read him as scum as well, its odd you accused him but you have left him out at the same time. Push NS all you want but if you read bulba too then you need to explain why NS is worse then Bulba.

Your vote seems to fall into the same category as what you accuse me of as well, you are sheeping, you have no support that you can show (Yes i know you have a recap but its not in there). On top of that you are jumping on a wagon literally because you see it as a popular wagon, that is your support for ending the day.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 756, Akuseru wrote:
In post 751, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:What do you think about Thespio refusing to respond to any of my accusations towards him during my catch up?

1. He hasn't read the entire thing (he's been asking you to comment on your slot before you even finished your catch up and has been fixated on it since - he probably won't move on until you've answered to his satisfaction).
2. Some of those accusations don't explicitly mention thespio, and I doubt he clicked the links, so he most likely skipped over them. thespio only looks and focuses on anything he could use for his cases and for the most part ignores the rest (ahhhh so scummy...b-but I still think he's town @_@).

@thespio, can you respond to all of the comments, questions, and accusations surrounding you from bbt's catch up, please?

I will start after mah lunch, im laptop shopping right now. When im done eating ill start, plan on seeing it by tonight.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:21 am

In post 650, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 18, notscience wrote:
It's very curt, it feels moreso like nervous stepping in (see, the guy who siad "Hiiiiiiiiiiii Everybody." in the game I linked. What did he flip?)

This is really bad from NS though. NS is implying here that whenever somebody says 'Hi' they always flip scum. Like, he is trying to say he has never seen anyone who said 'Hi' in their first post flip town. I can see him using this as a reason to push out of RVS but I'm making a note of it because I really don't like the way he has gone about it.

In post 659, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 653, notscience wrote:Five bucks says bbt finishes his catchup and votes me

(not actually this is a figure of speech)

You seem paranoid.

In post 661, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
- I hate random reads-lists like this. Why are you reading people the way you are? What purpose does this reads-list serve other than to appear pro-town?

In post 665, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
- NS jumping on Stoz wagon right after Micc states he has Stoz in his lynch pile strikes me as scummy.

- NS using Micc as a shield for his jump onto the Stoz wagon.

- It bugs you so much that you're going to do nothing about it? Fantastic.

- And you're not voting Joram or pursuing this further because...

- Making note of this post for future reference. I have a theory behind what NS is doing but it relies on associatives and they're weak before the relevant flips have been made so I'll hold onto it for now.

In post 680, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
- What? Would love an explanation for why Henry is scum NS.

Thespio, be sure to click the links and read my posts in context.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:37 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 685, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Bulba, the base for your scum read on Stoz is weak. It's nowhere near strong enough for you to hold onto throughout the entirety of D1 in the manner that you did.

- Saw this vote coming.

- Bulba, do you have scum meta for Aku or are you making baseless guesses?

I'm confused that you're scum reading Stubbs for sheeping the general majority and null reading Thespio when Thespio has spent the entire game doing just that.

- This post feels town. Scum don't admit that their actions can be perceived as having scummy motivations.

- This is awful reasoning for your switch in vote.

- Thespio, are you getting bored because you realize I am scum reading you?

- Can you clarify how NS is acting suspicious? Also, can you state why you think arrogance is a scum tell as opposed to it coming from town?

Alright, I'm fully caught up. I'm pretty freaking sure that Henry is town, I'm also pretty sure that Aku is town. Micc feels town, I really like some of his posting.

That leaves NS, Bulba, Thespio and Joram. I like Joram for town, this is based on a couple of posts that I just find really difficult to see coming from scum. His overall play is scummy though.

I believe if we lynch Bulba/NS/Thespio we win the game. I don't particularly care what order but my strongest scum read is Thespio.

This is questionable. If your top read as scum is espio.. Why not vote him? Why do yoh not care in what order they are lynched in? I have no meta so any thing I say in regards to my reads is based on this game and only this game.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:38 am

Because I believe we win the game if we lynch NS/Thespio/you. Therefore, I'm not particularly concerned in what order we lynch you.

My preference would be Thespio>Bulba>NS. But, c'est la vie.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:39 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

BBT from the above post. Arrogance is mostly displayed hy scum in my opinion hecause scum are usually attempting to bus which you are prohably doing with not.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:46 am

What? Are you just saying random sentences now? I cannot follow your posts/thought process at all.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:48 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Response to your points on this.
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:56 am

Post by Akuseru »

@Bulbazoor: Just to confirm, do your scum reads for notscience and thespio look like this:

Notscience – arrogant (you played with NS before, right?) and is explaining himself, thus probably hiding something/avoiding traps.

Thespio – blatantly scummy behaviour

Correct me if they don't.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

That is about it. BBT is slightly under that.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:46 pm

Post by Thespio »

heads up my laptop was... well destroyed, so i ordered one, it has 1 week to 2 weeks in transit. I will post by monday but typing on my phone sucks
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 2.5
Unsocial Networking

notscience
(4): HenryCabotLodge, JoramvanVugt, Bulbazoor, BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
(2): Micc, Thespio
Bulbazoor
(1): Akuseru

Not Voting
(1): notscience

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: August 5, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2015-08-04 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

notscience is v/la until July 31
- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by Micc »

this is gunna have to wait until tomorrow. I don't have the time to spend on reading bbt's entrance tonight and and skimming shows thats mostly all thats happening...so ill be here tomorrow.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:03 am

Henry needs prodding. This game is slowing right down because NS isn't here to respond to his wagon.

Micc looks like he is stalling as well and that's scummy.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:35 am

Post by Thespio »

After Reading over this catch-up i sincerely believe that BBT is scum.

Spoiler:
In post 651, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:86 - This is a sheep of Thespio's argument from Joram.

In post 88, HenryCabotLodge wrote:
I found it interesting how JoramanVugt basically aped all of Thespio's arguments against me (with the edifying addition of "idk you just seem to suspicious to me"). Could be a possible connection there.

This. Though I disagree there is a connection, I would say it's highly unlikely both scum approach the game in this way. Much more likely that it's one scum/one town or both town. Thinking it's Thespio town and Joram scum right now.

In post 99, Thespio wrote:
3: this is an indicator, if someone is constantly swapping views then they are hurting town, and look scummy to me.

Disagree. Scum are much less likely to consistently swap views/change opinions - it draws too much attention on themselves. Scum try to stay consistent and say and do the right things to avoid unwanted attention.

At the end of this BBT states that swapping views is a towntell for him, however he drills me for it. It seems inconsistent, and the drilling starts here:

Spoiler:
In post 669, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:370 - Again, Thespio goes with the flow. Joram is coming under pressure and there's Thespio with another vote. This is becoming a common theme and I think it's likely coming from scum.

In post 389, JoramvanVugt wrote:
I honestly think both Thespio and notscience are scum

I agree with this.

It looks like BBT is trying to appeal to joram even though he was scum reading him earlier on.

Spoiler:
In post 680, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:More of the 'following game thread from Thespio. This post comes not long after Aku votes Bulba.

The jumping on/off the NS wagon from Thespio is suspicious as fuck. I'm not sure what it means yet though, I just know it doesn't look right.

Theres no link to this, is it bad that im trying not to tunnel? Should I ignore people to tunnel one person? You just said earlier this was scummy, but you dont think so anymore?

In post 685, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:631 - This post feels town. Scum don't admit that their actions can be perceived as having scummy motivations.

I agree, this is why i asked him to read himself, You on the other hand wont...

In post 685, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:673 - Thespio, are you getting bored because you realize I am scum reading you?

Are you copying HCL? didnt you just scum read me because i was following with everyone else?

Spoiler:
In post 685, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Alright, I'm fully caught up. I'm pretty freaking sure that Henry is town, I'm also pretty sure that Aku is town. Micc feels town, I really like some of his posting.

Pretty sure this ^ is just for aesthetics, you drilled micc most of the game until you decided to focus me, after you noticed joram was easily manipulated.

In post 685, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I believe if we lynch Bulba/NS/Thespio we win the game. I don't particularly care what order but my strongest scum read is Thespio.

But you dont vote me? even when there was over 15 days left @ this post? Yea... your a hypocrite too! you drill me about moving with the public opinion but then you align with them? you literally vote NS because:

In post 729, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Didn't vote for you because one of my other scum reads had a bigger wagon and I don't particularly care which of you gets lynched first.

So basically you Voted with the largest wagon.... Nice, but this would make you fall in your own category of scum.

I'm 80% sure you are scum.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:45 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 770, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Henry needs prodding. This game is slowing right down because NS isn't here to respond to his wagon.

They were mostlikely waiting on me, And it doesnt look scummy that micc told us he would be reading and online. How do you see someone keeping you up to date rather then just disappearing as scum behavior?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:36 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 770, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Henry needs prodding. This game is slowing right down because NS isn't here to respond to his wagon.

I thought you were reading him as town.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:36 am

Post by fferyllt »

HenryCabotLodge has been prodded.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”