Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 449, Dunnstral wrote:Voting someone you "want gone" for roleplaying instead of who you think is mafia is what I have a problem with

You don't have reads, true, but you're also not prodding or looking to figure things out
So you know I don't have reads and you're still upset that I'm not voting who I think is mafia.

gg.

I am figuring things out. I just don't have to initiate conversation to do so.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by pisskop »

roleplay? :|
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 451, pisskop wrote:roleplay? :|
Don't act like you never saw:
In post 175, drealmerz7 wrote:drealmerz7 stands apart from the group that wish to become evokers gathered in the great chamber. He watches them all, studies each of them carefully, and takes it all in. He hears them talk of spells and the trial that is upon them as if they were adolescents organizing a game of kekbal.

Evil is here, there is no question. We are served with a task and we must begin it immediately. Distractions only allow the enemy to grow it's advantage. And there is no doubt, they are at the advantage. Only the most skilled will survive, that is apparent, he just hopes that the strength of the uncorrupted will prevail over the influences of darkness.

Unobserved and in one flowing yet subtle gesture, he focuses his powers inward and then casts them outward. No words are spoken, but the impact is felt by the entire group.

VOTE: BTD6_Maker
In post 183, drealmerz7 wrote:drealmerz7 can feel the query about his use of power

This wizard I focus my energy on shows intimiate knowledge of dark magic beyond my level of comfort.
In post 191, drealmerz7 wrote:Some of the more perceptive turn and look back at drealmerz7.

Did he speak? No. But those who are attuned, heard...something? Did he make them hear without making sound? What powers does that wizard have, they wonder?
In post 194, drealmerz7 wrote:drealmerz7's voice emanates through those who care to listen's ears, but still, he does not speak...

I wouldn't say it's an argument, just a preferred position. I think now is not the time to get into game theory unless the group wants to have a big discussion about it right now, it'll just be distraction, though. As long as it is understood that I will not be parsing discrepancies between brains. If there is an issue, your slot (any hydra slot) will have to account for it to me as an individual entity, "we disagree" will be viewed as a dichotomous position held at a single point in time, and I consider it grounds for reading as scum and for placing my vote - reason: blatant contradiction of position. My slot can't think ____ is simultaneously scum and town and get away with it, neither can your slot. <--That sort of special treatment.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by pisskop »

Policy Lynch then.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 450, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 449, Dunnstral wrote:Voting someone you "want gone" for roleplaying instead of who you think is mafia is what I have a problem with

You don't have reads, true, but you're also not prodding or looking to figure things out
So you know I don't have reads and you're still upset that I'm not voting who I think is mafia.

gg.

You should have reads by now, though
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by pisskop »

Oh man, Im not going to make a case for them, but I townread them and I can think of several reasons why Id want to kill somebody who is overroleplaying.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

that was 250 posts ago
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 454, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 450, Nosferatu wrote:

gg.

You should have reads by now, though
well I don't. I can certainly make some up if it makes you feel better though.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm liking my vote on Gamma more now. I questioned the Frozen read as townreads from others came in affirming that this is just how Frozen plays, but it still came off as too forceful with the "I'm town" reminders. Since Gamma's gone solo it's made me feel better about it.
In post 427, Gamma Emerald wrote:I can't tell you.
That's probably because your read was bullshit.

I'm not buying the Iron townread either.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 458, Prism wrote:I questioned the Frozen read as townreads from others came in affirming that this is just how Frozen plays
Well it is how she plays

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... B%5D=26900

copy paste this in, she was town here and I was scum
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

jk you can click on it, I'm a genius
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 457, Nosferatu wrote:well I don't. I can certainly make some up if it makes you feel better though.
:roll:
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Prism »

That looks vastly different from Frozen's posts this game to me, so thank you for linking it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by Prism »

Reviewing it more carefully "vastly" is a misnomer but I still see them as very different, particularly 1. The intent/usefulness of the questions is more visible in that game 2. She seemed a lot less high strung about being scumread than she was this game.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by Impoetic »

In post 458, Prism wrote:Since Gamma's gone solo it's made me feel better about it.
???
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by BATORU »

In post 464, Impoetic wrote:
In post 458, Prism wrote:Since Gamma's gone solo it's made me feel better about it.
???
Batoru!! Hydra of Impoetic & JaeReed
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by BATORU »

IIRC Gamma's posting made me like the slot more, not less.
Prism wrote:1. The intent/usefulness of the questions is more visible in that game
This was what provoked the original vote on her from me at least. In Shadowrun mafia when she replaced in she asked a lot of questions to get up to speed and proceeded to attempt gamesolving pretty quickly from there. Here she was asking a lot of questions that felt they were going nowhere.
pisskop wrote:Oh man, Im not going to make a case for them, but I townread them and I can think of several reasons why Id want to kill somebody who is overroleplaying.
What? Are you saying you townread drealmer? Why?

I like Dunn's push on Nos. It touches on my scumread of him. Reading up properly now that I have time and it's not just on my phone.

~Ruko
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by BATORU »

In post 398, Prism wrote:
In post 396, BATORU wrote:The general feel of the thread seemed to just start edging towards more people scumreading Mega Frozen. Fire Assassin outed a scumread on them, and then you voted following that, whilst citing a post that you had previously responded to with seeming polite gratitude as a reason. It didn't sit right with me. It felt like you were trying to find a reason to go with the flow and blend in.
Let's review the timeline here. In #184 I take issue with a question that to me seemed pretty pointless, in the sense that it didn't help discern my alignment. Frozen immediately responds explaining that it's to see what bothers me.

In post #190, I first pointed out the discrepancy between what I said and Frozen's description.
Additionally, I made it very clear that I only considered Frozen's response to 184 courteous
if true

Fire's FoS is given in #217 and I follow it up with my vote in #220
In post 220, Prism wrote:#185 is some pretty accusatory language putting something in my mouth, and while their stated reason behind the question is courteous, I'm not really sure I buy it. My impression of it was that it was a question for the sake of it.
The last part is what you're referring to as strange. Yet, I expressed skepticism of the purpose of the question
twice
before Fire's FoS or my vote, once by asking directly and once by implying I didn't necessarily believe it. The fact I'd cite not believing it, then, should not be a surprise. Additionally, I make it clear in the posts thereafter that the main reason I am voting for them is not the original question but about their description of my statements on Dunn/iron-and expound on that indepth in the subsequent posts, which I considered much worse.

Timeline shows I definitely wasn't just following Fire.
In post 396, BATORU wrote:It felt like you were trying to find a reason to go with the flow and blend in.
Following up on this section, what was your judgement of my point on Frozen's misinterpretation of my post (later plausibly explained by Frozen)? Did you not find it scummy prior to resolution? Why not?
With regards to the bolded, apparently you didn't make it clear enough in that post, or we wouldn't be here talking about it. It seemed to me that you were accepting that explanation from Frozen pending further postings.

My issue is that Fire's FoS and scumteam guess in 217 & 218 were followed by the vote on Frozen by you. It felt like you went back at that point, seeing Fire's FoS, to find a post to reconsider as a reason to get on the wagon as it looked like it might pick up.

In fact, I feel like you're either misinterpreting what I was saying originally or twisting it so you can avoid the real issue I have with it. It's not the last part of 220 I found the most suspicious, it was the first part of what you quoted. You had already responded to everything you wrote there, and seemingly accepted Frozen's answers to you, before you then went back and brought it up again
after
Fire outed a scumread on Frozen. Everything from there just looks like attempted post-vote justification to me.

I don't feel your vote was righteous in the moment of casting it. I do feel the timeline definitely shows your vote followed Fire's scumread. I'm not sure why you believe that what you posted shows the opposite, because to me it proves the point I was trying to make? Am I missing something here?

I need to go back and look over it again to refresh my memory as far as the second part, but I really hate this "Did you not find it scummy prior to resolution? Why not?" because it's putting words into my mouth before I've even answered the question. Making a note so I don't forget to do this when I finish catching up proper to answer your question.

~Ruko
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 466, BATORU wrote:hat? Are you saying you townread drealmer? Why?
I think its weak but weak in a way that doesnt realize how bad it is. Not really like scum pushing for blood. It gets townpoints.
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by BATORU »

In post 400, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 59, BTD6_maker wrote:
I think the vote spell is unlimited use and cannot be passed on. Only spells for night actions (excluding factional scum dark magic such as nightkills) are passed on compulsively.

I doubt there is a Vigilante spell in this game, though, because it would immediately be destroyed N1 and I doubt Nahdia would want a spell like that. Thus the only kill probably comes from scum's dark magic.

If something like a Cop or a Doc or other role were to land in scum's hands, couldn't they just pass it back and forth between themselves every night, effectively taking out a TPR? If scum cannot target scum then we can break the game by analysing all spell transfers to rule out partners so this is probably possible.

Yes, BTD6 is Town. I'm ready for another exciting game of "is Dunnstral Town".
This sounds like filler of saying nothing.

Who is more likely to have thoughts about vigs? I think scum do.

Role/ability spec like this is scum.
Times where BTD Role/ability specced as town:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p8019897
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p8042059

Times where BTD talked about vigs as town in that game:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p8045708
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p8050301
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p8033307

The first bit that you said was saying nothing I believe was part of the general conversation in the thread at the time, so you either find everyone who was talking about it to have been fillering & scummy rather than speccing about the mechanics, or you find the original person who questioned it and turned the thread focus that way scummy, or you should find it a net null imo.
In post 87, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 51, BTD6_maker wrote:Dark magic is probably just the scum's factional kill. Scum can probably also use regular spells normally.
I have a problem with this but I can't articulate it, which bothers me; so I'm going to regress to a younger state of development and call you and idiot.
idiot.
So I went back and saw 51 which sounds possible that he knows more than I do about the evil faction. Those 2 posts together warrant my vote.

The reason for my FoS - 87 it sounds possible that Nosferatu is scum-buddies and is GRRR at scum-buddy for talking as they did and this is their way of saying "yooo, careful!" The FoS only becomes meaningful if I am right about BTD6, if I'm wrong about BTD6, it will make Nos a townlean for me because yes, I too "have a problem with this", but I can articulate it, that you can't seems questionable.
What do you think BTD's motivation would be for posting that as scum? What do you think his motivation would be for posting that as town?

Nos didn't seem to be implying here that he found BTD scummy for the post; just that he thought he was an idiot for it. I don't see why BTD flipping town would then make Nos a townlean in that situation. I'd be more wary of him in that case if you believed he meant to imply the post was scummy, because he didn't explicitly call BTD scum, and instead called him an idiot as though he had inside knowledge of BTD's alignment.

~Ruko
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by BATORU »

In post 406, Gamma Emerald wrote:I believe that was mostly me on the MC concerns
You certainly made the additional post expressing frustration over it, but Frozen was the one to follow up on Iron with questioning on whether he was supporting a massclaim or not. I've been primarily reading your slot based off Frozen's contributions as I'm more familiar with her having just finished Shadowrun, and she tends to post a lot more for me to analyze.

~Ruko
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by Impoetic »

if nosferatu does flip scum I think Pisskop might be his partner. I mean he might not, I just dislike how he came in and sorta started turning attention away w/o really townreading Nos.
In post 450, Nosferatu wrote:I am figuring things out. I just don't have to initiate conversation to do so.
it would make me feel better if you threw us a bone and explained some of the things you've figured out so I could not lynch you if you're not scum.

-tama
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by BATORU »

In post 471, Impoetic wrote:if nosferatu does flip scum I think Pisskop might be his partner. I mean he might not, I just dislike how he came in and sorta started turning attention away w/o really townreading Nos.
In post 450, Nosferatu wrote:I am figuring things out. I just don't have to initiate conversation to do so.
it would make me feel better if you threw us a bone and explained some of the things you've figured out so I could not lynch you if you're not scum.

-tama
FRICK
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by BATORU »

In post 418, pisskop wrote:I don't get why people are trying to hand out passes to iron. like even a little. dud i miss something
So you believe scum!Iron, as part of a mafia team that need to gain majority to win, decides to just let himself get lynched without a fight this early in the day phase? This is why I don't think he's mafia. The more I think on it, the more I start to think he's probably just town. Town!Iron can afford to let himself get lynched to get his scumread lynched. I can see more potential town motivation than the potential scum motivation, which basically boils down to wifom and ate, which I believe he'd make more of a show of as scum, given my impression of his play in our newbie together.
In post 424, pisskop wrote:
In post 420, pisskop wrote:*drealer* looks overreachy in his push on nos. but it doesnt look self aware

thanks, aihdan
ebwop
pisskop wrote:
In post 466, BATORU wrote:hat? Are you saying you townread drealmer? Why?
I think its weak but weak in a way that doesnt realize how bad it is. Not really like scum pushing for blood. It gets townpoints.
Ok just found the prior post that mentioned that.

Why does it get townpoints for not realizing how bad the push is? How would you expect scum pushing for blood to look?

~Ruko
BATORU
BATORU
Goon
BATORU
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by BATORU »

Spoiler: gamma tellin it like it be
In post 408, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 354, ironstove wrote:Lynch me then Lynch frozen thanks
OK I don't really see scum doing this sort of 1 for 1
can be town for now
In post 409, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 359, Prism wrote:Frozen's play is probably worth a metadive and I'll try to get around to it another day. To answer Gamma, I did RQS because I thought it would be useful. I didn't spend too much time thinking them up, they were just the first ones I thought of in 2-3 minutes, but they all have a purpose. What answer did you expect from a scum vs. town me here?
I expected town you to answer something like "I wanted to do it" or whatever.
I'll be honest here: the use of RQS from you pings my scumdar.
However your arguments seem logical so you are just a scumlean for now.
In post 411, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 377, BATORU wrote:
In post 375, ironstove wrote:
In post 359, Prism wrote:Frozen's play is probably worth a metadive and I'll try to get around to it another day. To answer Gamma, I did RQS because I thought it would be useful. I didn't spend too much time thinking them up, they were just the first ones I thought of in 2-3 minutes, but they all have a purpose. What answer did you expect from a scum vs. town me here?
In post 357, ironstove wrote:I'm not, but I want to see frozen lynched and if me flipping town proves my fos isn't scum motivated then maybe you guys will listen.
This is a pretty big overreaction. Does your FOS have even a 50% chance of being mafia? If you're town, there's 9 other town and 3 mafia. I wouldn't be so eager to jump into giving us something that's likely a double mislynch. Saying this just makes me want to lynch you hoping you're mafia and then subsequently discard your FoS if you flip town, and that's not the thought you want to inspire in anyone.[quote="In
In post 351, BATORU wrote:
In post 350, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Ironstove
I think this is frozen's town game

This guy is scum
Agreed
Can you expound on this? The reasoning isn't immediately clear to me.
This is a pretty scummy post. How exactly can I determine if my fos has a '50% chance they are mafia'?

What is this bs that you are pulling out of your a$$?
You can determine what your read on them is given the fact that there are more town than mafia.

Why would you risk burning out at least 1 and possibly 2 MLs just to get your scumread lynched "after you flip town" when your scumread isn't even certain? It's d1, and there was already a wagon on your scumread, and there are 3 mafia.
It's just confbiased town dw

~Ruko

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”