Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 2:15 am

Post by Priscila »

-> -> : Contrast this to LUV's "Why?" and it feels clear to me that gerry is distinctly more interested in solving the game. These questions actually have drive to them, they exist for a purpose. They are not just blank queries. And there is a sense of disbelief there, too, that feels to me like something that would come from an uninformed perspective much more than an informed one.
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 2:25 am

Post by Priscila »

-> : Solid content from Leonshade, leveraging his experience with these players to gain a nuanced understanding of their motives that would not be available to others, and not holding back on expressing his stance based on that at all - he is pressing for answers, still. I very much like the desire to hunt that I feel in these posts, none of these are just "justifications," I think - you can see the work that he has done behind the scenes to reach his reads.
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 2:37 am

Post by Priscila »

In post 578, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 572, Almost50 wrote:(snip)
(snip)

As for me, we should lynch him and get the 'is he/is he not' distraction out of the way.
Hm. Both of these posts are good posts... in a way. And yet, both avoid really taking any strong stance at all. They seem to have plenty to say, but few opinions that they would like to assert (Dodge takes a stance in the final line of his post, but it is weakly expressed, it is more of a side-note to the post, I feel, rather than what the post is oriented around... it lacks the direction that is usually a staple of good posting). There is nothing much to do in this case (since they
are
dealing with a lyncher claim, after all) but to note it and move on, I suppose. But I am not particularly thrilled by the response?
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 3:15 am

Post by Priscila »

OK, I am through page 30... Hopefully I can continue tomorrow. Sorry for being slow. Current reads look something like,

Mastina
Leonshade
Dodgethesaint
Gerry
Mariar
Almost50
Peregrine
Majiffy
Mcmenno
Lil uzi vert
Chickadee
Tywin

...But I don't really have a functional read on Majiffy or Mcmenno right now, and the others are relatively shaky.
Tão forte e tão fragil.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 3:23 am

Post by massive »

I could lynch Tywin or Chickadee, or Maria really. Mastina's taking over the game and won't live long as either alignment I reckon. I want Majiffy to stay alive as long as possible but it's purely for the witty one-liners.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Leonshade »

While I'm glad that people seem to be getting into this game again, I don't feel like doing all this reading at the moment. I'll catch up once things settle down for me.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 5:42 am

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

OH HAI LEON

Forget reading, there is one thing, and one thing only that needs your attention, and I will make you do it kicking and screaming like a child if I must.
In post 2235, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
Oh ho Leon! I see you had time to do this, but not address this.
In post 2113, Leonshade wrote:
VOTE: Tywin

Is Tywin/Titus too simple a team? Titus doesn't like to bus and defends her buddies, but I don't think she would've taken Tywin's side so obviously. But I think Tywin is scum anyway.
Where do you get the Tywin/Titus scumteam theory from? That came out of left field. If we really wanted to go that route, wouldn't I be a better candidate to be her partner? I basically ignored her all game, and this time we're in the same thread! That's some distance I'd say!

The reason I quote this is not because I think the conclusion is right or wrong. I am pointing it out for your viewing pleasure for a specific reason. Look at it again. Leon just casually drops this theory by as he casually drops his vote by. How does he come to this conclusion? Shit if any of us know right? It kinda reminds me of what optimal scum strategy is in multiball. Post something plausible, but don't challenge anyone to think, and don't challenge anyone on what they think. Judges?
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 6:10 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 2235, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
Oh ho Leon! I see you had time to do this, but not address this.
In post 2113, Leonshade wrote:
VOTE: Tywin

Is Tywin/Titus too simple a team? Titus doesn't like to bus and defends her buddies, but I don't think she would've taken Tywin's side so obviously. But I think Tywin is scum anyway.
Where do you get the Tywin/Titus scumteam theory from? That came out of left field. If we really wanted to go that route, wouldn't I be a better candidate to be her partner? I basically ignored her all game, and this time we're in the same thread! That's some distance I'd say!

The reason I quote this is not because I think the conclusion is right or wrong. I am pointing it out for your viewing pleasure for a specific reason. Look at it again. Leon just casually drops this theory by as he casually drops his vote by. How does he come to this conclusion? Shit if any of us know right? It kinda reminds me of what optimal scum strategy is in multiball. Post something plausible, but don't challenge anyone to think, and don't challenge anyone on what they think. Judges?
I never seriously considered a Tywin/Titus scumteam before, because I wasn't scumreading Titus at that point. I didn't really have a reasonable reason to townread her, but I was dismissing her tunnel on mastina as stubborn town. I thought that her reasons for being on the mastina wagon were much more believable than Tywin's were, so my hunch was that she was more likely town.

The post you quoted was largely stream of consciousness. Tywin and Titus were linked in my mind due to them both being on the mastina wagon, and due to them defending and agreeing each other on their weak reasoning. As I say in that post, I don't think that Tywin and Titus are actually a scumteam, I think it's more likely that they were just buddying each other. I don't think RC calls his partner 100% town right off the bat, and I don't think Titus and Tywin are that obvious about their connection. The post was me having, and immediately dismissing, an idea.

I also hadn't considered you as a potential Titus partner because I've been townreading you. Nor was I thinking of potential buddies for Titus in general, since she'd just flipped.

I was intending to post more, but it was Saturday night and guests came over. Do you have more examples of me posting in what you consider your optimal scum strategy, or is that it?
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 6:15 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 2020, Leonshade wrote:
In post 1951, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Titus, if you confirm that you are a lyncher on mastina I'll follow you until you meet that win condition.
In post 1953, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Yeah, I guess. Not what I was looking for, but okay.

Vote: mastina
Why would you care? Titus's response doesn't necessarily come from a lyncher anyway, but why would you care about giving a lyncher the win?
I was reminded of this, I don't think you ever responded to it. Why did you care about a player you thought was a lyncher target?
- Vecna
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 6:30 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Back from vacation. Will start catchup and stuff.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 8:02 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Vote Count 5.04
Tywin Lannister - 6
- McMenno, Leonshade, Mastina, Chickadee, DodgeTheSaint, MariaR
Gerryoat - 1
- Majiffy
Mastina - 1
- Tywin Lannister

Not Voting:
Priscila, PeregrineV, Lil Uzi Vert, Almost50, Leonshade, Massive, Gerryoat

Notes:
Chickadee is V/LA until Thursday, 6/1.

With fourteen alive, it takes eight to lynch.
(expired on 2017-06-10 11:40:00) is left until night.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 10:01 am

Post by gerryoat »

VOTE: Chickadee

lets get this instead
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by mastina »

I'm sorry.
I should not be posting tonight.
I theoretically could post tonight.
But it would not be pleasant.

Trust me.
This is a bad mood for me to be here in.
You'll be glad I waited until tomorrow rather than making it toxic today.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 9:06 pm

Post by MariaR »

Shameless prod dodge.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2017 6:00 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Prodding Lil Uzi Vert.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2017 6:21 am

Post by gerryoat »

so who wants to get chickadee lol
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2017 6:43 am

Post by massive »

I could but really it's six/half with Tywin. Hit me up tomorrow.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2017 9:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2365, gerryoat wrote:so who wants to get chickadee lol
Let me be frank: I'm weighing my options here. I've lost my faith in almost everyone (actually, literally everyone), and I wouldn't be surprised if anyone flipped Scum. The game may have even started with 6-8 townies. I can't see Town getting a clean sweep like this in any given game.

So, I'm officially treating you all as suspects until otherwise proven. The ONLY one I explicitly don't want to lynch is massive, and that's because I already know his alignment. He has to go before LyLo, but we have yet to see the mod declaring LyLo/MyLo, which -again- is confusing me like hell.

I still lean Town on Tywin (but I suspect it maybe my pride talking here), so part of me doesn't want to lynch him. The other part though doesn't care and thinks EVEN if he is then -at least- he gets to venge kill a scumster. Then again, what IF he is Town and he venges another Townie??

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2017 10:10 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 2353, Priscila wrote:OK, I am through page 30... Hopefully I can continue tomorrow. Sorry for being slow. Current reads look something like,

Mastina
Leonshade
Dodgethesaint
Gerry
Mariar
Almost50
Peregrine
Majiffy
Mcmenno
Lil uzi vert
Chickadee
Tywin

...But I don't really have a functional read on Majiffy or Mcmenno right now, and the others are relatively shaky.
can you explain your leonshade townread for me? I think he's scum this game
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2017 10:47 am

Post by massive »

Can you instead explain your Leonshade scumread? Since that's like the first time you've namedropped him?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2328, mastina wrote:
In post 2327, Majiffy wrote:Hell, you only made two passing posts directed towards me, and neither had anything to actually do with the gamestate.
Hmm, mayhaps that had something to do with what I had to work with from you?

Just an idea.
And yet you have such a townread on me

You're not helping your case here.
In post 2328, mastina wrote: Something worth fucking talking about?
You could ask me things about other players since you respect my ability and reads. That's a great way to generate content from a player you want to see more from.

But you declined to do that, either.
In post 2354, massive wrote: I want Majiffy to stay alive as long as possible but it's purely for the witty one-liners.
I have that effect on people.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Prod received!
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 2278, Majiffy wrote:
In post 2276, Tywin Lannister wrote:
In post 2075, gerryoat wrote:i TR mastina btw, that should not be a lynch any time soon. i know giving effort isn't alignment telling, but her thought process in all of her reads, I can see it and understand where it's coming from.
Mastinas scum buddy right here folks. Gerry isn't town.
I agree Gerry is scum, but Mastina's not his partner. He's been pocketing Mastina.

Put your vote where it belongs.

VOTE: Gerry
Why are you scum reading him again? Encouraging and liking her most recent content rather than discrediting the effort she's recently put in seems more likely to come from town than scum to me. I'd also argue that he's been doing the exact opposite of pocketing given that he dug up some scum games of hers.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 2282, mastina wrote:
In post 2260, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:However, for the record, I play for me, and me only. My mindset going into any game is to have fun. Not to play in a way that would impress mastina. I play solely for me.
Perhaps you misunderstood.
When I say terms like 'impressed' or in this case 'unimpressed'.
I am not speaking about, "WOW look how good that player is" or "WOW look how bad that player is".
I am more speaking in terms of, "WOW look how town that player is" (e.g. Firescreamer was already a townread but DAMN does Priscilla knock it out of the park), or "WOW look how scummy that player is".

You are the latter.
I was the only one that really pushed on Gamma in the locker room for his reason for town reading you.
Well that wasn't exactly something I saw, now, was it?
I was the only one who noticed Fart was playing too tentative and not like himself at all.
Can you remind me of where this was?
Both of those players flipped scum.
Scumhunting != town in multiball. Being right on a scumread does not a town player make. I'm looking for instances of you giving me something which sticks out as being something scum couldn't say--fuck, I'd take anything scum wouldn't say, or even something scum are less likely to say. Because as far as I can tell. Everything you have given thusfar has been something not only scum could say, but also something scum WOULD say, with just as much likelihood as town saying it...actually more than that.

To put it another way: you're still not addressing my concerns; you're surface-level answering them but dodging the real heart of the matter.
You've pointed out scum that flipped scum--okay. But where's the passion? Where's the pursuit of this actively? I don't see any sign of a genuine interest in finding scum. Just. Statements. You've made statements. But you haven't really dug deeper. It's superficial, at every stage.
Not sure I can offer a rebuttal that doesn't include restating the reasons why the fire and passion has been missing and that I tend to come off scummy to people. I thought you of all people would be a little more sympathetic about one being extremely disinterested and demotivated but I guess not and that's fine. I can always help in the long run by shooting a scum read we agree on.

As for Fart's slot, .
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 2283, mastina wrote:
In post 2263, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:To be frank, every time I'm trying to get into the game my way or get invested, the day just has either ended short (RC shooting Bins and the mod killing off a scum team) or obvious scum was found and I get annoyed and frustrated at the time wasted with the lallygagging and the noise (Gamma scum claiming and Fire and the like suggesting idiotic reasons not to lynch him and Pepto being obvious scum).
Do pardon me if I call this bullshit.

You actively saw and approved of my catch-up.
I had the exact same issues as you did, but I strived to actively overcome them.

Why were you content to just live in the background? Why were you content to sit back and do nothing? I can empathize with holding these issues: short days, and obvious scum being present with lots of shit to sort through. What I cannot empathize with is when facing these issues doing nothing about them. Because each of them offers, in a sense, new opportunity. Obvious scum present? Great, plenty of information given to you off of that fact alone. Short days? Well not so great but the result of having an abundance of deaths most of them scum sheds light on the setup, so.
I'm just demotivated.
I've been demotivated in games before.
Fuck I was demotivated in this game.
But I don't see it from you, because when I've been demotivated in my games, it was self-evident especially once I became self-aware of it. (The thing about genuine demotivation is that often you don't even realize you're demotivated until you've been demotivated for a while.) Once that self-awareness entered the picture, I tried everything in my power to fix it.

And yet your demotivation is apparently something which you've clung to as an excuse to do nothing until having been called out on it right now. And even now. Even when "doing something". What you're doing, at least right now, remains self-centered. You're addressing concerns about your slot. Guess which alignment that benefits most?

The most effective way to address concerns about your slot would be to just fucking give something which couldn't come from scum. And you know what couldn't come from scum? Specific forms of scumhunting, where you stick your neck out and say something which puts you squarely in the spotlight where scum want to avoid being. Yet you're not doing that.
I simply don't deal with frustration that way. When I'm frustrated in situations similar to the ones I've been in this game, I tend to just shit post or spam. I like solving the game quickly and when my groove and rhythm is disrupted or when I'm not listened to and I start seeing town flips or just idiotic plays, I lose interest, and it's very hard for me regain that interest unless there are enough players that I care about.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”