Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3051 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 3049, MariaR wrote:Found ginngie's lyncher win con
Actually, I'm making a post :3
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3052 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3048, Ginngie wrote:I want too hammer :3
UNVOTE:
Come back I just called you a star. <3
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3053 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by Ginngie »

I

AM

MAKING

A

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3054 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by MariaR »

Do you need a hug?

*opens arms*
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3055 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by Ginngie »

*hugs* :3

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3056 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by Ginngie »

Fuck

I need a theme for the hammer vote

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3057 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3056, Ginngie wrote:Fuck
I need a theme for the hammer vote
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3058 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by Ginngie »

honey I'm making art, not just a song, but I will use that

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3059 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by MariaR »

when mastina links a song gin my playlist <3
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3060 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 3059, MariaR wrote:gin
can't tell i autocorrect or misplaced word

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3061 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by MariaR »

I added a g by mistake. WHOOPS
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3062 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3059, MariaR wrote:when mastina links a song gin my playlist <3
Simon and Garfunkel + Disturbed = hell yes.

(I was raised on the original song and I love it. I also like Disturbed music. When you combine the two, you get an absolutely stunningly beautiful cover, which I like basically just as much as the original.)
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3063 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Ginngie »

:DKFJsd;

Idea

Who wants a story

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3064 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by MariaR »

UGH YES I heard it from a gaming cover and I spent 2 hours looking for the song and I love it so much ironicly a lot of my music taste is a bit more electro or a bit of calm music

like this song (even though it can be depressing) I find so stunning and soft and great
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3065 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3063, Ginngie wrote:Who wants a story
You KNOW I do.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3066 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by Ginngie »

VOTE: Accelerated Deadlines

I'm ready to speed run the game tbh

but

I'll be writing the story during the night cuz I probs won't realistically finish it all toDay

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3067 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3066, Ginngie wrote:VOTE: Accelerated Deadlines
Sigh.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3068 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by gerryoat »

good vote. now vote again on chick so someone can random hammer
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3069 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by gerryoat »

mastina, why do you need a deadline when you said you've solved the game already?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3070 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by MariaR »

Why is more time ever a bad thing? You should know more then anyone gerry with the stupid 3 day deadlines we had.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3071 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3069, gerryoat wrote:mastina, why do you need a deadline when you said you've solved the game already?
Well because tempting as it is to say I am a perfect scumhunting goddess I have been known to, on some rare occasions, actually end up being wrong.

And thusly I would prefer to have the time were that to occur.

...Also, Priscilla wanted that time, so.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3072 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:55 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 3001, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2976, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I had reset and was pinged by his play around Chi.

I also don't like his case on you.
So, you don't want to lynch Chicka, and don't like the case on gerry. Let's assume I had shut up. Who else would you have suggested we lynch??
Probably Gerry but not for the reasons you had rehashed and/or brought up.
In post 3006, mastina wrote:
In post 2971, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Don't listen to Gerry, please read and help us solve the game :)
The game is already solved.
In post 2795, mastina wrote:
In post 2769, mastina wrote:Phone posting at work while waiting. I'll obviously read the content since my last post when able to, but wanted this verbalized before I can forget.

If there's four scum, then we lynch Chickadee, LUV, McMenno, and Peregrine. If six, add from my lesser townread pile: Almost 50, Dodge, and Majiffy.

Priscilla, Gerry, Maria, and Leon are all hard townreads. Add in one of the lesser townreads (or all three if we have only four scum), and then you have everything you really need.

Basically, I really, really, REALLY feel like the game is on a lockwin. So if everyone is ready, we can lynch Chickadee at any time. She is just scum. By play, by POE, by everything.
And now that I'm back. I'd like to reaffirm this.
This game right now is on a lock win for town essentially.
We have a townbloc. It's strong. Priscilla. MariaR. Leonshade. gerryout. mastina. That's not quite half the playerlist, but it's pretty damn close to it.
Even if scum systematically kill within that grouping. (Which they might not.)

Lynch Chickadee, 11 alive.
Scum kill in that group.
Lynch LUV, 9 alive.
Scum kill in that group.
Lynch McMenno, 7 alive.
Scum kill in that group.
Lynch PeregrineV. Game's over.

OR, if not. At some point one of the above flips town and vengekills OUTSIDE the group.
Scum kill in the group.
In the resulting 3p lylo...you've got one town player, and two not so town players. One not-so-town player is lynched; if town, the not-so-town player vengekills the other not-so-town player.

So no matter what. We've got a lock win.

There is a slight hiccup to the plan, of course.
If there's six scum alive rather than four scum, then we need scum nightkilling scum in order to win. 'Cause right now we can't win a six scum game without scum's help. They'd make up literally half the voters (so we'd need them for a lynch); it'd be impossible to get rid of them all via just lynch in our given timeframe.

But if there's four scum alive right now, we're golden.

We either have the scum entirely locked down (scum are Chickadee/LUV/PeregrineV/McMenno)...
...Or, we have 1/2 scum within Almost50/Majiffy/Dodge, and we have between lynch/vengekills enough time to take them ALL out.

I don't think I'm fucking up my math at any spot.
So I think we do win this game if there's four scum alive right now.

Meaning, just lynch Chickadee.
So, Gin. You don't really need to read anything.
All you need to know is that you both need to LYNCH scum and if you luck out and get the nightkill, you also need to NIGHTKILL scum, because...
In post 2917, mastina wrote:
In post 2916, Priscila wrote:But, it's definitely still optimal for scum to nightkill scum, of course.
Indeed.
Especially since scum have no clue about the composition of teams in this game!
For all scum know, there's ten scum alive.
(There's not ten scum alive btw. But they don't know that.)

So it's optimal to shoot at scum because if scum are in the majority that's too many people who have access to the kill and too few chances to get rid of the competition via just the lynch.
In post 2513, mastina wrote:In this game, the non-town players share a singular nightkill. Because there's only one death per night, there's only one player who would die. And thus, the town will shrink at a static rate no matter what. And most of the time, thanks to the number of scum in the game, a scum player isn't going to HAVE the kill, making each and every kill they DO possess matter more.

...So.
Given this.

A viable tactic for a scum in this game is to try and turn this into a singleball game: while dodging attention (thus, the lynch and any risk of a vengekill aimed their way, though they probably want to lynch scum to avoid the whole vengekill risk ANYWAY), deliberately using their nightkill on non-town players to try and get a monopoly on the kill. With a monopoly on the kill, they are no longer at risk of being nightkilled BY the kill, and no longer have to let someone else dictate who dies.

The normal reason scum would avoid that is the town being too large. But.

I think we started with probably a maximum of like 11 town. With us starting with a smaller town and with Not Chara already dead, the scum have an incentive to shoot for scum. This is something I obviously under normal circumstances wouldn't want to tell them (since telling scum the smart play when they've been stupid is itself a Really Dumb Idea)...

...But I honestly don't see the downsides of disclosing this?
Optimal play is for scum to shoot at scum. And we want scum dead. So we WANT them to shoot at each other. Shooting scum = not shooting town; shooting scum = less scum required to lynch. Yet it's still optimal play FOR them to shoot each other because shooting scum = less competition for the nightkill; shooting scum = greater control over the game; shooting scum = less randomness.
That should tell you just about everything you need to know.

Lynch Chickadee, nightkill LUV, and then lynch McMenno, nightkill Almost50, and we'll have saved you for last!
No it's not, because you have me as scum and you're probably wrong elsewhere too :P
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3073 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:00 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 3020, mastina wrote:
In post 3000, Leonshade wrote:Beyond that, my townreads are stronger than any scumreads at this point.
This is also the case.
Priscilla is town because you just can't fake that level of YES. You can't fake the things she's done. Even if she were capable of sincerely doing so as scum (and I doubt that), it'd be just a hilariously bad idea for her to actually take this approach if she WERE scum. The emotions, the content, the thoughts, the process, the way of wording things, the tone, the energy, the drive, the EVERYTHING Priscilla does is so overwhelmingly town that I would call the mod a liar and a bastard if he specified otherwise. Priscilla is what every town player should strive to be.

MariaR is that one townread you get which is oh so RIDICULOUSLY hard to word and yet just makes so much sense. She is like gut-town personified. Nothing she has done has given anyone any solid thing to townread her off of. And yet everyone is townreading her,
for good reason
. Leonshade saw the same thing I saw. Priscilla saw the same thing I saw. Her approach is just...highly unique. It's something which defies explanation, defies words. An aura radiating town and yet which you can't pinpoint the source of. She's just. She's town personified.

gerryout is not far behind. At every step of the way. I can follow his thought processes, and see what he's doing. He's sticking his neck out a lot. He's taking stances that aren't always popular. He's fighting for what he believes in at every point. He's not in the background; consistently perhaps more than any other player in the game, he's been in the foreground, charging forward. He's given content. He's given reasons. He's given reads. He continues to push, explaining himself and just being reasonable. And yet. He's also quirky. He's got some nonstandard stuff. Things which are weird. And yet, when you look at them from his eyes, you can totally see. I don't see scum as being able to take that stance.

And while Leonshade is the weakest of the town core. He is still very much a part of the town core. His reads and reasoning are spot-on. While his activity has at times been troubling...it's never been too large of a concern. Every time I see Leonshade post, my townread on him grows more and more, because he's saying all the right things and he's exactly how I think of him as town: on-point, having a good basis, and just being a force to be reckoned with.

I do have lesser townreads I'm not as confident in.
But none of the above will flip scum.
Yeah this is the problem and it's why I actually care whether town win or not. You're essentially the town leader here and this is exactly why we might lose this.

There is very little substance to your reads. They look important but lack the quality of being valid. They have no backbone and are trivial.

Scum will do anything they can to get town read. Priscilla flipping scum wouldn't surprise me at all, especially after who she replaced in Fire. A slot who you can argue has been looking a bit shaky since his play when Gamma scum claimed and his own push on Gerry. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. In fact, I think Priscilla's play here has been quite optimal if people took the time to reread Fire.

Gut reads are fine. Intuition based reads are fine. I'm a intuition based player myself actually. However, your Maria one is really the definition of the phrase, "What the fuck?" Everyone town reading her should invoke some paranoia given your reasoning, since you just find her play here unique which doesn't substitute lack of real content.

Town reading people because they agree with you probably fits the mold of what I'm trying to argue here. It's a shallow read. There is very little consideration shown to look as to why you and Leon share the same views. The read is also easy.

The only read I like here is Gerry. It's detailed. It's thorough. It gives me a good picture of not only what I can question you on if I disagree with it, but what I can also look at and see if it checks out. Reads like this one win games, reads like your others? Loses games more than not.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3074 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:02 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Gin, I'm the only one that can hammer Chi :wink: :P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”