Newbie 1815: Prisons [Endgame]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:51 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 871, aphix wrote:Yeah, if that's town I'm fine with losing.

VOTE: NTRP
I forgot to say I dont like this. Its like he is already distancing if I flip. Like he essentially said Im either shittown or mafia and thats pretty shitty readon to vote.

And I wonder why he hasnt voted Tatters then bcuz you could say the same thing with some of his posts.

I'll reply to walls when I have a laptop handy. Dont worry BV/Skitters I have not forgotten
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:55 am

Post by Alisae »

VOTE COUNT 2 . 34
  • randomiget
    ----- 1 ( Skitter30 )
    L- 3

NotTheRealPaul
    - 1 ( Aphix )
    L- 3

Not Voting
    ----- 4 ( BlackVoid, osuka, randomiget, NotTheRealPaul )
With 6 alive, it takes 4 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-09-18 07:27:43)
FOS COUNT 2 . 34

• Not FoS'ing
    - 6 ( Everyone )
With 6 alive, it takes 4 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-09-18 07:27:43)
Last edited by Alisae on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GTKAS
| here.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:32 am

Post by aphix »

Yeah. On second thought ...

VOTE: NTRP
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by osuka »

@mod: vla until friday

Will still post a bit

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Responses to stuffs after i do my he tonight. Not planning to sleep muh so I'll get around to this sometime tonight/tommorrow early morning
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

ebwop hw* much*
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Great timing. I'm back. So, do you want to walk me through your scumread on Aphix? He addressed the original reason you were suspecting him (for voting MWAP despite townreading him earlier). What do you think of his response and my reasons for townreading him?
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by aphix »

Fuck ... I'm not in a better place rereading DPs iso ....

Right now it's RM, NTRP or Osuka .... DP jumped on NTRPs defense when I claimed he scumslipped, he jumped on defense hard .... I normally don't see coming that hard to the defense of a partner but I believe DP really thought he'd get more thought more people would think my statement there would be lynchable, so I don't know. Tatters ... he continued talking about being newbtown. And felt very coachy in his interactions ... Don't know if DP would do that with his partner, it's an association but not necessarily partners ... Osuka however, at ISO #3 claims Osuka is being shitty and everything, but since my predecesor sheeped that shittiness that's somehow scummier ... Then he no longer interacts with Osuka ... Literally the rest of the ISO only mentioned Osuka because of other peoples posts, and at no point does he bring up Osuka, that level of not interaction shouldn't come from partners ... but I know I've done it ....

And wow ... I don't know. Osuka iso pretty much reads he didn't want a DP flip at all, but he didn't want to actively oppose it. And his iso is super ... bland ....

Fuck this game ....
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by aphix »

UNVOTE: NTRP

FOS: Osuka

Unfortunately think this is more likely the case.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by aphix »

I think town!osuka at the point in play, would have been much more likely to hammer me. Between it being 12 days before deadline .... Skitters loud declaration that he's going to push whoever hammers ... along with the fact that scum has to look for tracker, they can't afford to shoot skitters yet all keeps osuka from hammering me when he gets the chance .... Hell, even even tried pushing my wagon through by lying about tatters posts in . And that whole posts looks like he wanted to look purely like he's supporting my wagon but clearly didn't want to hammer. He tried derailing DPs wagon, he even jumped off of it. Mentioned many times how dp wasn't his preferred lynch, but he went along with it without trying to push any others .... I'd assume he doesn't want to look like he's opposing the wagon too hard ....
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I was leaning towards Osuka as well. My post where I explain my thoughts on the remainder of the game is in progress but I hated . It didn't feel like he was actually scumhunting, more like just throwing down stuff that looked like justification for a read.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I'm slightly worried (again) that I'm tunneling Paul. He just feels very off to me though.

Osuka is kinda a blank. I have a townlean from MWAP, but that's kinda it. Like, nothing else he's said or done has been particularly AI to me, and I feel like I should have more of a read on him at this point.

UNVOTE:

I dunno. I feel kinda lost atm. I have a scumpool of three, but we only have two mislynches, so I'm not sure how we're going to narrow it down. I want Osuka/RM to post more (I know Osuka is on v/la . . . but that's almost through the deadline I think)

FOS: Paul, RM, Osuka
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

/out

fuck sorry no time for shit. i need a break from all things MS.

@osuka i'll pm u when i get back if u still wannna hydra. If ur still here summer 2018

peace till the summer MS. Shoulda done this sooner but I was holding out hoping I could somehow cram school, MS, and sleep into a day but out of the three MS is the one ive gotta scarifice.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

sorry bv and skitters. i wasted ur time. thought i could do more than i could. hope u understand
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by aphix »

Like, if he thinks I'm so scum why isn't he continuing to push for my lynch? Because he'd rather have someone else push for a mislynch to set them up for a final mislynch. He's also prefer to continue having my rant about scum!paul instead of get me lynched today. Like ... I feel like a lot fits here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 887, NotTheRealPaul wrote:
/out

fuck sorry no time for shit. i need a break from all things MS.

@osuka i'll pm u when i get back if u still wannna hydra. If ur still here summer 2018

peace till the summer MS. Shoulda done this sooner but I was holding out hoping I could somehow cram school, MS, and sleep into a day but out of the three MS is the one ive gotta scarifice.
T
h
i
s
i
s
a
c
o
n
f
u
s
i
n
g
w
a
y
t
o
s
a
y
y
o
u
'
r
e
r
e
p
l
a
c
i
n
g
o
u
t
:
/

b
u
t
r
e
g
a
r
d
l
e
s
s

S
e
e
k
i
n
g
r
e
p
l
a
c
e
m
e
n
t
f
o
r
N
o
t
T
h
e
R
e
a
l
P
a
u
l
GTKAS
| here.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Goodbye Paul! I totally understand <3 School is like three thousand times more important than this!

Shoot me a PM when you get back though, so we can play together again :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

K, I need more from RM, Osuka, and Paul's slot, but RM's said like nothing since he replaced in, Osuka is v/la till Friday, and Paul just replaced out.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:52 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

still not really seeing osuka for scum tbh. could someone summarize a case for me?
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

also btw i find it easier to get into a game if someone asks me questions so if someone could do that it would be cool
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:33 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Well, you replaced into a thirty page game so I'd expect you wanted to read it? I do have a question though - how did you go from MadTatters is null to "Tatters was so scummy, why weren't they lynched yet" in a span of three minutes?

@Paul - good luck with school. Hope to see you around.

I'll post my catchup which is almost done and then I'll get to skitter's latest post. I do need to read the Paul scumgame more closely as well as a few of Osuka's games before I feel confident in my reads though.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

@RM:

What do you think about Osuka and Paul on pages 11-12 (the MWAP lynch)?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

My thoughts on the rest of the game picking up from my last post. Now I'll check out Paul's scumgame and a few of Osuka's games. By the way, Osuka recently completed another newb-scumgame so there's more to work with.

Aphix:

- His paranoia of a Paul/JaeReed scumteam distancing from each other while trying to get him lynched felt genuine and I could see why he'd think that.

NotTheRealPaul:

- This feels a lot like coaching.
- Agree with JaeReed here that it doesn't feel like a scum gambit. I think it's illogical obviously given skitter won't be alive to reset but I see this post coming more from an emotionally frustrated place than a logical one.
- I think not wanting to make mylo is something that makes sense as town in his position.
- Fairly small point but I liked that he was willing to vote Pepper since Aphix wasn't going to go through. That's a pretty noticeable contrast to how Osuka treated the DP lynch.
, - Don't like either of these posts. I think Paul was definitely townreading JaeReed for a good part of the game and never seemed to have townread DP so the "why do we believe Jae over DP" felt weird coming from him.

Osuka:

- How has Aphix done an "ass job defending himself?" As I listed out in my previous post, he has done a lot of genuine scumhunting and taken positions that don't make much sense for scum to take (like the JaeReed scumread for "whiteknighting"). Suggesting he's not scumhunting anymore or trying to lynch people is veering into blatantly false territory when he's been pushing Paul as well as questioning multiple people. This is a really bad post that feels like Osuka is stretching to justify a scumread on the mislynch of the day.
- I have no idea how Aphix last post changed his mind here when Aphix had been making similar posts all day. This feels a lot like Osuka's back-off of Tatters on D1 where he meets resistance and changes direction. Skitter throwing out JaeReed as a possible lynch seems to have been the trigger here and he says he's okay with it. But the last time he expressed any suspicion of JaeReed at all was in where he was a fourth choice behind Aphix, DP, and Ciara. I think he was too quick to jump on the JaeReed wagon without trying to pivot to DP whom skitter had also expressed suspicion of.
- I like that he included DP in his willing to lynch list. But the list pretty much contains everyone except his townread Paul and his recent townread Aphix.
- How did Aphix jump right back into your lynchpool? I also find it odd in hindsight that Osuka suggests a Ciara lynch but not a Pepper lynch even though they were both listed as equally scummy in his readslist. I get the vibe that he's buddying Paul and is okay lynching pretty much anyone else and while he doesn't really townread Pepper, he also doesn't try to sway the lynch towards Pepper.
, - I don't understand the "there's one hour to the deadline and her laywer goes for the insanity defense, we're all fucked." It doesn't say anything about the likelihood of Tatters being scum (he actually says she's nulltown) but doesn't want to try to lynch her because she might wiggle her way out by acting like she's insane?
- JaeReed being a scumread for the Tatters push is somewhat plausible since I got weird vibes from it as well.
- In hindsight, I don't like this post. He lays out a bunch of reasons why Pepper is suspect, says he'd rather not lynch the slot which prevents momentum from turning Pepper's way but leaves an out to hammer if it's unavoidable. If a slot is low content and hard to read, that actually makes it a
good
deadline lynch and removes a question mark slot.
- I remember not liking this read on me when I first read it. There's a bit too much emphasis on Ciara but I don't really understand what it was about Ciara that Osuka was scumreading. She seemed to be in the lynchpool through process of elimination, and then I came in and made towny posts and now I'm null?
- Another post I dislike where he advocates lynching me over DP. BV is acting pretty blatantly town but because I've had a scumpartner do that, I'm down to lynch him? That's really terrible reasoning. It felt like he was banking on a JaeReed mislynch while having DP as a peripheral suspect that he wasn't intending to bus. But when JaeReed claimed, he had to scramble to get another lynch so he tries to brush his DP suspicion aside because "hard read/low content" and lynch me despite being "blatantly town" because Ciara was in his POE pool. This is actually a really incriminating post because DP and Ciara were both in his POE pool before. I came in and according to him played in a towny way. So, that means he should be more willing to lynch DP but he instead tries to minimize my town play and continue to try to lynch me while pushing aside his DP read. Skitter is right in that DP has been in Osuka's scumpool for ages but never really pushed him but that people aren't really pushing anyone so it's hard to tell. I'll add that when push came to shove and the JaeReed mislynch was no longer on the table, Osuka didn't fall back on his scumpool and lynch DP. Instead, he tried to justify not lynching DP with very bad reasoning (low content, hard to read).
- This does feel like he resigned himself to a Pepper lynch after three of us voted there. Not sure how alignment-indicative this is though.
- His tone changes a bit after voting where he questions the townread on DP whereas before he was arguing against it. I think the premise behind the question is flawed here. Obviously town-DP would be resistant to a Paul lynch (much like Osuka himself) if he was genuinely townreading Paul and didn't want to lynch him. This post reads like now he's committed to bussing DP, he changed course and started being in favor of DP lynch.
- I continue to dislike Osuka's read on me. "Obvtown but gets meanie points through POE" does not make any sense whatsoever. The entire point of using POE is because you have a couple of obvtown reads and you are trying to sort the rest. Paul getting meanie points for not interacting with DP also doesn't make sense since Osuka said himself that DP barely interacted with anyone else. What "POE" is he talking about here?

Random (MadTatters):

- Unless Tatters is deviously manipulative, this post looks town. I thought the way she was ruling out Aphix/Skitter while being oblivious to skitter being conf-town felt town. The second part also seemed like really naive town thinking they found something smart.
- I hated the hammer for different reasons. Really wonder what JaeReed was seeing here.
- This is just a bizarre thought process that I don't know what to make of it. I wonder why scum would post this though.

DoctorPepper's interactions with other slots:

- Scum points for Tatters for this. I don't see why Pepper would be defending such easy lynchbait here although there's an outside chance he's trying to get Tatters on his side or towncred when she flips.
- The Tatters read and MWAP read have a lot of parallels so this could just be trying to pocket a townie.
- Not sure what to make of Pepper calling out Osuka's catchup as lazy. I think in a scum-Osuka world, it probably means he's trying to distance especially since an Osuka lynch did not seem likely at that point but I really need to read some of Osuka's other games to check what his general playstyle is like.

Anyways, @skitter, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Osuka in general. While you're placing a lot of importance on a single event (frustration at MWAP), I think it's a lot easier to fake isolated reactions than keep it up consistently over the whole game. He's my best guess for scum right now.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

A
r
c
h
w
i
n
g
r
e
p
l
a
c
e
s
N
o
t
T
h
e
R
e
a
l
P
a
u
l
s
o
g
o
d
o
t
h
e
w
e
l
c
o
m
i
n
g
t
h
i
n
g
o
r
s
o
m
e
t
h
i
n
g
GTKAS
| here.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Sweet! Hi Archwing!!!

Are you scum?

@BV: Besides for the MWAP thing, Osuka's like null for me. Nothing he's said or done seemed particularly AI. I'm going to reread him now I think.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”