Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Keychain »

@Math: Uh, okay.

I thought you were avoiding voting Elena because you didn't believe she would be lynched, but you had her in your probscum pair with T-Bone in your readslist not too long ago.
Now you've just switched it to not believing she's scum. :roll:

In post 2449, Mathdino wrote:I'm uncomfortable with the growing wagon on her. It feels like she's today's Eddie/Transcend/Titus.
I'm uncomfortable with using an unflipped slot in this way. A hard townread is not the same as a flip.

In post 2421, Mathdino wrote:Do the math. Even if I voted Elena and canvassed votes for her, it's literally impossible to get a lynch there.

Aeronaut, UCV, and CDB aren't here. Radja and Dunker have shit reads. 1 other person is townreading her, but I forget. Elena won't vote herself.

So what's RC's master plan to strongarm people into a lynch when half the game is essentially not present?
Explain to me how this is different for Bulba than it is for Elena. Making this argument then switching to Bulba is giving me whiplash. Also you never answered my question on why Radja's explanation for the hammer had to be from town or specifically team crafted.

@Dunker: I just realised in you put in reasons. You say that Radja made posts you don't think were faked. Which ones are those?
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I was scumreading Eddie for basically the entire first half of D1. Intentionally voted everyone else. You're not wrong.

Write a case on Elena.

Read the case on Bulba.

My scumread of Elena is more of a "jeez she sure was scummy on D1, and yeah I guess she and LLD could've bussed?". It feels like exactly the kind of scumread I'd get wrong. Bulba is a full on "I'm fucking sold on this unless he has a fantastic response to all that, and a fantastic alternative to himself".
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by Bins »

I had a pretty bad read on LLD's AtE too
it's not enough
I think her partners are more likely to bus it
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

vc

Votecount 2.04Image

T-Bone (1)
Keychain (1)
Aeronaut (1)
Bins (1)
Bulbazak (2)
, ,
Mathdino (3)
, , ,
Elena Fisher (3)
, , ,
Not Voting (1)

Day two deadline is Tuesday February 20, 11 AM PST. (expired on 2018-02-20 11:00:00).

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2452, Keychain wrote:Explain to me how this is different for Bulba than it is for Elena. Making this argument then switching to Bulba is giving me whiplash. Also you never answered my question on why Radja's explanation for the hammer had to be from town or specifically team crafted.
1. I agreed with Elena that something about the gamestate was wrong. Everyone comes in every once and a while and provides SOMETHING but it's all the same lynchpool, the same reads. I was never sold on Elena; you can see that throughout the day. I'm now sold on Bulba.
No one is responding to the actual Bulba case. It's like me pushing Bulba and being weird about what wagons I push is the new flashy headline that buries the important story. I said the same thing to T-Bone; it is not my responsibility to act in a way that's consistent enough for you to townread me. My responsibility is to be right. I think CDB is right.

2. I'm no longer attached enough to that kneejerk townlean on Radja to really defend him when no one suspects him in the first place. I feel like that conversation is a distraction and would prefer not to continue it.
If you really REALLY want to know, it was just a gut "I doubt his team would come up with a long story on why Radja waited to hammer and finally lolhammered without a claim". Things get worse the more people lie. I could, for example, start pushing Radja to paraphrase the entire excerpt of his chat with Reck/Shea/Keely, and scum-Radja would be absolutely fucked.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2454, Bins wrote:I had a pretty bad read on LLD's AtE too
it's not enough
I think her partners are more likely to bus it
No. This is far too general. You're smarter than a "hmmmm that D1 seems like a bus situation, Elena seems like the token busser!". One extra vote isn't that much. Especially when scum-Elena could easily have pushed Titus over the lynchline.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Bins »

More importantly if you want to pressure people to do something
Elena needs to get her vote of Keychain and give more reads than just buddy town reads

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Bins »

And
for the 10000000000th time
Elena picks scum just like LLD did

gtkas
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 2450, Bins wrote:Math I am under the impression you are ok with voting everyone in this game
In post 2451, Bins wrote:EXCEPT THE PEOPLE YOU CLAIM TO SCUMREAD
I laughed obnoxiously loud over this. Thanks a lot.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Mathdino »

@Bins: I absolutely agree. But remember that Elena's problem was similar to your/my problem in D1. Too many townreads, everyone's acting town, everyone has a similar lynchpool, every lynch option seems like low hanging fruit. So we went for LLD, the high-hanging fruit (and yes, it was high-hanging, contrary to the narrative some people are rewriting. LLD is and was not an easy lynch).

The Bulbacase solves the gamestate I think. I hope Elena will agree once she sees it.

Read over it. I factchecked the post links too. It's solid.
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Elena Fisher »

I see a case on blub I'l lread it tomorrow when I wake up but this is..interesting
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Elena Fisher »

In post 2459, Bins wrote:And
for the 10000000000th time
Elena picks scum just like LLD did
You're 100% incorrect.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Keychain »

Mathdino wrote:@Bins: I absolutely agree. But remember that Elena's problem was similar to your/my problem in D1. Too many townreads, everyone's acting town, everyone has a similar lynchpool, every lynch option seems like low hanging fruit. So we went for LLD, the high-hanging fruit (and yes, it was high-hanging, contrary to the narrative some people are rewriting. LLD is and was not an easy lynch).

The Bulbacase solves the gamestate I think. I hope Elena will agree once she sees it.

Read over it. I factchecked the post links too. It's solid.
No lol, we didn't go for the "high hanging fruit", we just went for the slot we thought was scum despite how difficult it would be to lynch. That happens to be the same thing I'm doing here! Sounds like you may also be rewriting narratives, you're just doing it with fruit metaphors.
In post 2456, Mathdino wrote:If you really REALLY want to know, it was just a gut "I doubt his team would come up with a long story on why Radja waited to hammer and finally lolhammered without a claim". Things get worse the more people lie. I could, for example, start pushing Radja to paraphrase the entire excerpt of his chat with Reck/Shea/Keely, and scum-Radja would be absolutely fucked.
I did really REALLY want to know, because your answer shows that you completely ignored what I said in the original question :wink: which is that his entire post can be seen from the perspective of scum almost better than that of town. You just repeated the same thing you said the first time. But sure, we can drop it. If you start defending him again over it we can discuss it again.

I'll check CDB's Bulbacase when I can, yes. But Elena is laying low and I'm not switching off her unless she herself gives me a reason to, instead of you trying your very hardest. It's good because every VC shows me she dropped a vote on me and left and so every VC reminds me I want to hear from her. If I've got energy later I'll do a proper case on her because this game needs to advance and getting a stronger wagon on her will help get things moving. This is part of why I don't understand what you're doing. Why aren't you voting her to see what happens, why are you trying to start a counterwagon by any means possible?

@Bins: is there any particular input you wanted from RC? We pretty much agree on reads and I'm trying to discourage him from straight telling me what to post because it kills my interest in playing myself. He does think this town is kind of crumbling though.

PEdit: ELENA! <3
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:20 pm

Post by Keychain »

Elena why would you be voting me as town here
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Elena Fisher »

In post 2464, Keychain wrote:PEdit: ELENA! <3
Hi Keychain!
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Elena Fisher »

In post 2465, Keychain wrote:Elena why would you be voting me as town here
I was voting you (and still somewhat am) because I'm out of answers I don't know if you're just super confident in your scumread on me but part of me wants to say you're not trying to sort me and your read is just there for the sake of it. But honestly taking a step back I think I was biased (maybe a little salty too) I don't get why you added the "as town" part here. I also didn't like the "Bins if you tr me you should be sheeping me part" do you believe people should sheep there trs?
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by Elena Fisher »

Like I will be very frank and say I was in a somewhat pissy mood when I saw the votes on me (but didn't express it)
cause when fitz flipped I told my team "OH YAY I WON'T BE LYNCHED DAY 2 I'M CLEAR FINALLY" and then I come into elena sr's and I'm like...how?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by Mathdino »

You should lay off of Keychain. Unless, of course, you think that team only reads you wrong as scum :P
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by Keychain »

Elena, you don't think you'd be capable of faking that interaction with LLD? Or you don't think she'd be capable of faking it on her end? Why would you be clear?
Elena Fisher wrote:
In post 2465, Keychain wrote:Elena why would you be voting me as town here
I was voting you (and still somewhat am) because I'm out of answers I don't know if you're just super confident in your scumread on me but part of me wants to say you're not trying to sort me and your read is just there for the sake of it. But honestly taking a step back I think I was biased (maybe a little salty too) I don't get why you added the "as town" part here. I also didn't like the "Bins if you tr me you should be sheeping me part" do you believe people should sheep there trs?
No, but if Bins is townreading me, she is townreading RC, who is very sheepable.

I added "as town" because I'm looking for you to convince me that you are town who made that vote. I am pretty confident in my scumread on you, and the fact that it's difficult to get traction on you is another plus, but I fail to see how you saw my interaction with LLD and came away from that thinking I'm scum. It just looks like you were trying to prompt a wagon on me after all there was interest indicated end of D1 but nobody was willing to make the first vote.

Ahh also Math, what chance do you think there was that Smocaine took a scum role?
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

@vla these next few days
so...i don't get enough sleep
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:23 pm

Post by Mathdino »

This isn't a 3 scum game. What you see as difficulty in getting traction, I see as "oh huh looks like the scum designated this as the mislynch, but town is too inactive to jump on board". If difficulty in getting people on the wagon is a scumtell for the wagon, the one buddy is off, right?

What's your shortlist for Elena partners? I assume I'm one.
In post 2470, Keychain wrote:Ahh also Math, what chance do you think there was that Smocaine took a scum role?
Almost none.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 2356, Radja wrote:If you keep breaking the rules and the spirit of team mafia, then fuck yes I'm going to mention it. Don't tell me what what I should and shouldn't do. I could also report every post that crosses the line, but getting a player modkilled isn't something I'd want to happen. Even if the player is a huge distraction from the actual game itself.
In post 2358, Radja wrote:VOTE: Mathdino

I'll kill the distraction and work out the rest of the game without it. That seems to match with my win condition.
In post 2399, Radja wrote:
In post 2360, Mathdino wrote:bro
you have a flip
you just choose to inexplicably ignore that flip and continue to go with "mathdino scum because fuck his play"

what happened to "mathdino was right about fitz and a50 and i'll follow him"
did everything change for you when i also nailed bins as town by loudly claiming fruit vendor xD
I didn't say you were scum. I said you were a distraction. But you're not anywhere near lock-town for me either.

On the other hand your gambit was terrible. You have in no way nailed Bins as town. You had pretty good reasons to shoot A50. You discredit people on a regular basis. You insist on breaking the rules. You're a pretty good vote right now. Regardless of your alignment, even.
this stuff seems genuine
not cause it targets math, just the tone of it is genuine for me
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

im actually coming around to bins!scum

i know i townread her last readlist but
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Past few days haven't been good for me. Trying to get back into this and will try to get caught up within the next couple of days.
In post 2323, Titus wrote: Feel terrible about the players starting the Elena wagon but for Bulbazak.
What are your thoughts on Elena? I feel kinda mixed myself, but then again, I'm kinda that way in general since the A50 flip. I'm trying to recalibrate, but I'm not quite sure my heart is in it. Kinda why I just wanted to talk with you earlier. It probably would have helped focus my thoughts.
In post 2325, Bins wrote:
In post 121, Elena Fisher wrote:
In post 120, Bins wrote:Why pick town then, Elena?
As the "captain" I thought it be best I take whatever was left and I got this.
The fact she didn't answer with "All town PMs" makes me believe that there was a scum PM
and she took it. She just 100% has to have taken it
I can believe that she could take this approach as team captain, but it doesn't mesh with the "I wouldn't take scum on this account." line she's been giving recently.
In post 2326, Bins wrote:not to mention it's a BS reason I don't buy

who actually used Team Captain as a point in who got what

I mean we can get into a discussion more on the specifics after the tournament, but you only have to look at the last Team Mafia to see that I took a similar approach to how games were distributed and points were spent.
In post 2340, Mathdino wrote: I agree on not considering Bulba today (very low utility), but down the line Bulba has a lot to answer for.
If you have something to say, say it. Don't go throwing subtle shade at me. I admit I'm not playing a great game right now, which is why I'm trying to get my feet back under me.

On page 95. Hoping I'll be up to it tomorrow.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”