Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:43 pm

Post by Enchant »

Vote Count

Official Vote Count 1.04
If you write "dies of accident" for the cause of death, the victim will die from a natural accident six minutes and 40 seconds after the time of entry.

ExecutionWith
votes in play, it takes
to execute someone.

HighPrincessErinys
(2): ActionDan, Gimli
Hu Tao
(1): Aureal
Aureal
(1): Hu Tao
Klick
(1): Radical Rat
Gimli
(1): CUDDLE TIME

Not Voting
(4): T-Bone, HighPrincessErinys, Doctor Drew, Klick

Deadline:
(expired on 2024-02-27 17:44:05).

Grace Period: No one can be hammered for (expired on 2024-02-18 17:44:05)

Mod notes: a
Last edited by Enchant on Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:48 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 372, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 370, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 364, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 352, Aureal wrote:
In post 326, Radical Rat wrote: Gimli and Dan, in the event that you are actually a Follower instead.

If I'm to suppose I'm completely wrong and you're actually Town, then I'm kind of back to square one. Absent confounding evidence though, I'd be happy to just lim You > Gimli > Dan.
We're not actually gonna get flips though, so there's a good chance we wouldn't know until postgame whether Klick is town or follower. :?
That'd be where the potential for confounding evidence comes in. If someone is able to generate guilties outside that PoE, or innos within it, or grant us Klick's flip, and we trust whoever does so, then I would reevaluate. If that doesn't happen, we should hopefully still have two days to figure out where we went wrong.
Can you clarify this? I don't know exactly what you mean here
Some skills can give us similar information to a flip if they're in the game, some skills (and detective) can generate innos or guilties, and the game's continued running in the scenario where none of that happens and all three of my suspects die means that none of them were Kira, but since we have until Day 5 unless the detective dies, we would still have at least two days to figure the rest out.
Ahh ok

And do you think Klick has shown signs of being Kira? Or is just in general scummy?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:50 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 356, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 353, Aureal wrote:
In post 348, CUDDLE TIME wrote: Reading Aureal's post: yes, jarring is exactly the word to describe that pivot.

- Dragon
And so was yours, lol

I'll consider your case later, my brain is breaking down at this point since I've been sitting here trying to figure out what people are thinking for way too long, it's giving me a headache and I need lunch and my initial feelings are that we're all just town getting jumpy because things feel too easy.
Understandable, have a good lunch.

Who are the obvious scum in the scenario where the game is "too easy"? I don't really see any "obvious" scum other than HPE who I don't think is Kira.

- Dragon
I did not have a good lunch: word of advice, don't make nachos using stale chips. My stomach is not alright. :(

Hu Tao and Dan as well are my 'game is easy' PoE. HPE seems more likely to be a follower than Kira yeah, but I'm not ruling it out as a "hide in plain sight" attempt.

Do you think Rat is lying here when they act like flipping Gimli after Klick is fine with them?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:56 pm

Post by Gimli »

have a pretty busy day so I can't be around rn

I read the game before going to bed which served to strenghten my klick and cuddle townreads, especially the latter's scumcase on me is very towny. I did like RR's push on klick on a townposting level, as it came across as genuine.

HPE seems detached from the game and I'm ready to flip it (sorry for always flipping you though, HPE)
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:16 am

Post by ActionDan »

This is a prod-dodge. last few pages do look content-rich though
In post 329, Klick wrote: On me specifically, I feel like ActionDan wants to express skepticism of me without actually committing to something resembling a vote or a scumread:
Don't you think skepticism might be appropriate when you elect without support to throw my name into the fire? I think it was earned regardless of your other postings at the time (of which the ones I took any note of after the first was the Cuddle defense post town read and T-bone town read both of which I agree with) and I would tend to think you would recognize this. Especially if the purpose of it looks to be reaction testing in which we naturally attempt to walk in the target's shoes.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:37 am

Post by Klick »

Yeah sure
I care less about whether it's appropriate and more about whether it's coming from town or scum
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:46 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 376, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 372, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 370, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 364, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 352, Aureal wrote:
In post 326, Radical Rat wrote: Gimli and Dan, in the event that you are actually a Follower instead.

If I'm to suppose I'm completely wrong and you're actually Town, then I'm kind of back to square one. Absent confounding evidence though, I'd be happy to just lim You > Gimli > Dan.
We're not actually gonna get flips though, so there's a good chance we wouldn't know until postgame whether Klick is town or follower. :?
That'd be where the potential for confounding evidence comes in. If someone is able to generate guilties outside that PoE, or innos within it, or grant us Klick's flip, and we trust whoever does so, then I would reevaluate. If that doesn't happen, we should hopefully still have two days to figure out where we went wrong.
Can you clarify this? I don't know exactly what you mean here
Some skills can give us similar information to a flip if they're in the game, some skills (and detective) can generate innos or guilties, and the game's continued running in the scenario where none of that happens and all three of my suspects die means that none of them were Kira, but since we have until Day 5 unless the detective dies, we would still have at least two days to figure the rest out.
Ahh ok

And do you think Klick has shown signs of being Kira? Or is just in general scummy?
In post 324, Radical Rat wrote: I thought the push on HPE was weak, and expressed as much, but what stuck out to me was your insistence on it being a red herring, and your supposition that Action Dan was Kira based on basically nothing. I wanted to wait and see how things developed, and then they just got worse.

Your reaction to HPE claiming a shitpost seemed to indicate you thought it WAS signaling Kira, but that doesn't quite align with your red herring claim earlier. I thought perhaps you might have been a Follower either misdirecting to protect Gimli, perhaps assuming HPE was the other partner and being worried someone else would interpret that as a signal, or potentially Dan's Follower, trying to do a reverse psychology, which would explain why you never actually voted Dan.

But then Gimli's suggestion that Kira won't look scummy combined with you being absent from his PoE pool due to "investigative depth" that doesn't exist, with you yourself describing your reads as vibe-based, made all of the pieces Klick into place.

You jumped at HPE because, as Kira, you're looking for these signals, and having seen something that you think looks like a signal but directed towards someone else, you tried to push that narrative. No matter whether it lands on Gimli or Dan, it's not you. Gimli's oddities would put him as a strong Follower candidate, and then Dragon immediately jumping on me as soon as I suggested I thought you were Kira... well I think he's overplayed the hand now.

So I suppose to answer your question, Klick, what I'm looking for... is justice.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:39 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 378, Gimli wrote: HPE seems detached from the game and I'm ready to flip it (sorry for always flipping you though, HPE)
So like, this one wont deny it just kinda isn't feeling this one, but let me ask you, and especially everyone who was present last game, and who has seen several of my games: Do you think this one is actually going to just roll over and do basically nothing as
scum?
Literally ruminated on this last night and it is completely comical to think that this one would just detach and sit around twiddling its thumbs like this after rolling scum, especially with my currently perfect 3-game 3-win scum record. In its last game as town it was pretty damn active especially earlygame and if you think the opposite situation is in my scumrange: gettu real daze.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:56 am

Post by Aureal »

Ooof, I was thinking the same as Gimli about HPE seeming removed from things like it's trying to not get any more attention. But that gripe feels uncomfortably real. :?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:00 am

Post by Klick »

It does feel like a pretty cheap way to try and gain favor as scum, especially if it has a high opinion of its scum game.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:27 am

Post by Aureal »

I have definitely complained like that as town when people scumread me for what feels like would be bad play as scum. It's especially obnoxious to me of course, not having even had any proper scumgames that I could even try to point them towards to supplement my argument that really, I wouldn't just be lazy and meme most of day one if I had finally gotten a red PM. :P
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:54 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 385, Aureal wrote: I have definitely complained like that as town when people scumread me for what feels like would be bad play as scum. It's especially obnoxious to me of course, not having even had any proper scumgames that I could even try to point them towards to supplement my argument that really, I wouldn't just be lazy and meme most of day one if I had finally gotten a red PM. :P
I don't understand why it was called out in the first place, I think there is too much confidence floating around here so far this game
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:55 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

VOTE: Klick

Still haven't liked their interaction with Rat, and Rat does seem pretty towny, so allow me to, ahem......follow them
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:08 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 369, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 367, Klick wrote: Meh
All I can really say is that I disagree with your interpretation of Gimli's behavior and think your confidence is unjustified
I think you're probably town from this exchange fwiw!
Can you show me the work why you think they are town?
Rat?
I think Rat's confidence reads as genuine and like a pretty strange scum approach
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:32 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 388, Klick wrote:
All I can really say is that I disagree with your interpretation of Gimli's behavior and think your confidence is unjustified
Rat?
I think Rat's confidence reads as genuine and like a pretty strange scum approach
Yes I think they are town as well.

But you seemed to switch pretty quickly to them being a town read
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:33 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 386, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 385, Aureal wrote: I have definitely complained like that as town when people scumread me for what feels like would be bad play as scum. It's especially obnoxious to me of course, not having even had any proper scumgames that I could even try to point them towards to supplement my argument that really, I wouldn't just be lazy and meme most of day one if I had finally gotten a red PM. :P
I don't understand why it was called out in the first place, I think there is too much confidence floating around here so far this game
By 'it' you mean HPE; you're saying you don't understand why anyone has a scumread on it? Because I feel like there's been quite a bit of explanation from numerous people.
-furtiveglance
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:40 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 389, Doctor Drew wrote:
Rat?

What made you townread Rat?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:42 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 390, Aureal wrote:
By 'it' you mean HPE; you're saying you don't understand why anyone has a scumread on it? Because I feel like there's been quite a bit of explanation from numerous people.
All started from a shit post
In post 391, Klick wrote:
In post 389, Doctor Drew wrote:
Rat?

What made you townread Rat?
Do you like answering questions with another question?

This is the second time I am asking for a detailed reasoning on why YOU think they are town
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:47 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

If it is their confidence as you put it, fair enough I guess, but you seem to be moving in a weird way.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:56 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 392, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 391, Klick wrote: What made you townread Rat?
Do you like answering questions with another question?

This is the second time I am asking for a detailed reasoning on why YOU think they are town
I've already answered that question? You didn't ask me it again, you just stated more vague suspicion of me regarding it. And so I followed up.

Your turn
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:59 pm

Post by Klick »

'moving in a weird way' is a claim that I've already addressed. It's easy to state blanket suspicion on a style of play that isn't immediately easy to understand.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:00 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 360, Klick wrote: I feel like the things I've said to RR have gone in one ear and out the other
Ok I will help you out.

How did you go from here...
And then two posts later go to here(your posts not total game posts).
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:06 pm

Post by Klick »

So what made you townread Rat?
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:06 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

Dragon talked about the scum read on HPE on this post . It was HPE approach towards me is what pinged him and Thomith said HPE's play here was reminding him of a completed scum game HPE was in.

- A
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:10 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 387, Doctor Drew wrote: VOTE: Klick

Still haven't liked their interaction with Rat, and Rat does seem pretty towny, so allow me to, ahem......follow them
Which part of the interaction of Klick and RR did you not like? I wasn't able to get a read out of that and I'm null on them. Dragon said he is town reading Klick because of meta.

- A
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”