buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:45 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1198, Maenara wrote:I don't care much about the slip, but I want him dead regardless.

Also, is that video-posting even within site rules?
Isn't it communication outside the game kinda... Banned?

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6470]post 0[/url], mith wrote:
#Do not bring outside influences into the game - this includes threats, bribes, wagers, promises, alliances, etc. Using knowledge from previous games is perfectly acceptable, but try not to carry grudges from one game to another.
# Do not talk outside the game thread about an ongoing game except where explicitly allowed to do so by your role/moderator. Likewise, do not use bbcode to hide secret messages - this equates to discussion outside the thread.

In post 1200, combinatorialEnigma wrote:
There is no threat, bribe, wager, promise, alliance, hidden message, or indeed anything serious at all in the video post.

I'm just having some fun.

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=4414363#p4414363]post 1204[/url], Maenara wrote:
Request that the Mod resolves the question of whether or not CombinatorialEnigma's actions fell outside site rules.

If they don't, 's all good, but I wasn't sure if you saw it while it was non-bolded.

In post 1211, Jun wrote:
Yes, there IS a bribe/promise in your video. That you'll attempt to eat your hat if I flip town. I don't think that's allowed
, especially since now NJAC wants to lynch me for the lolz. NJAC either is foolishly confident that I'm a town read, or has scum knowledge that I am town.

What if I made a video and said I would eat a shoe if all the mafia just -suicided right now? I just don't like the precedent of this or the added incentive that people now have to lynch me just so they can see you attempt to eat a hat.

In post 1214, combinatorialEnigma wrote:
There's no precedent being set, there's no incentive for anything unless someone doesn't have any opinions and doesn't care about the game. I'm just doing this because it amuses me.

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=4415043#p4415043]post 1215[/url], Jun wrote:Do you even think I will flip scum?
Why include some random gimmick specifically if I get lynched? The huge fuss you've raised about this doesn't sit well with me at all.

In post 1218, Maenara wrote:For the record,
my problem with Enigma posting that video is that it gives him a downright ridiculous advantage.
Body language and similar are incredibly important to communication, so
the fact that he posts a video of himself is as close to cheating as you can get without it apparently being so.

In post 1218, Maenara wrote:
If another video is posted, I'm replacing out
, because that is just bullshit.

1) Maenara attempts to get Enigma modkilled over the video.
2) Enigma clarifies that he is just having fun.
3) Maenara ignores this clarification and makes a second attempt to get Enigma modkilled over the video.
4) mykonian clarifies that the video is
well within the rules
5) Jun claims that the video is not within the rules despite this clarification. Jun claims it gives an added incentive that people now lynch him despite Enigma clarifying that he is just having fun.
6) Enigma, once again, clarifies that he is just having fun, that there is no precedent being set, that there is no incentive for anything unless someone doesn't have any opinions and doesn't care about the game.
7) Jun asks why Enigma would include some random gimmick, despite Enigma having clarified two times already that he did so for the fun. Jun blames Enigma for "the huge fuss you've raised about this".
8) Maenara claims that the video gives Enigma a downright ridiculous advantage, and that it is
as close to cheating as you can get without it apperently being so
, despite the fact that a) Enigma twice clarified that he did it for the fun and b) mykonian already clarified that the video is well within the rules.
9) Maenara makes a threat that she will be replacing out should another video be posted despite the fact that a) the owner of the video clarified twice that it was made for fun and b) the mod in the game clarified that it was well within the rules. In other words, Maenara made a threat that she will be replacing out should someone do something that is
well within the rules

I sincerely hope that nobody here will refrain from doing something that is within the rules due to a threat of someone replacing out.

Maenara, your continuous attempt to a) get Enigma banned and b) justify your attempt of getting Enigma banned looks scummy to me, and I personally dislike your threat, although that in itself is probably a null.
Jun, please start thinking before you post.

VOTE: Maenara
Jun
Jun
Goon
Jun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:46 am

Post by Jun »

In post 1224, Jun wrote:Is it at all possible that this is a cult v. masons game with Maenara as the sk performing kills every night?

-This accounts for Maenara insisting that there's a third party killer in the game despite only 1 night kill each night.
-Assuming the masons are who they say they are, and assuming cult mechanics that I'm familiar with, cult v. mason with say, 2 cult, 1 cult leader, 1 sk, and the rest as citizens, cult leader can recruit 1 person a night, gets bludgeoned to death if he recruits a mason. Basically this is a "hidden" 2kpn game where cultists become converted and I guess we already outed the masons, our only check against the cult.

Is cult allowed in a "large normal" setup?

Whoops.
Should say:
Assuming the masons are who they say they are, and assuming cult mechanics that I'm familiar with, cult v. mason with say, 2
masons
, 1 cult leader, 1 sk, and the rest as citizens
Jun
Jun
Goon
Jun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:48 am

Post by Jun »

In post 1225, buldermar wrote:
In post 1198, Maenara wrote:I don't care much about the slip, but I want him dead regardless.

Also, is that video-posting even within site rules?
Isn't it communication outside the game kinda... Banned?

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6470]post 0[/url], mith wrote:
#Do not bring outside influences into the game - this includes threats, bribes, wagers, promises, alliances, etc. Using knowledge from previous games is perfectly acceptable, but try not to carry grudges from one game to another.
# Do not talk outside the game thread about an ongoing game except where explicitly allowed to do so by your role/moderator. Likewise, do not use bbcode to hide secret messages - this equates to discussion outside the thread.

In post 1200, combinatorialEnigma wrote:
There is no threat, bribe, wager, promise, alliance, hidden message, or indeed anything serious at all in the video post.

I'm just having some fun.

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=4414363#p4414363]post 1204[/url], Maenara wrote:
Request that the Mod resolves the question of whether or not CombinatorialEnigma's actions fell outside site rules.

If they don't, 's all good, but I wasn't sure if you saw it while it was non-bolded.

In post 1211, Jun wrote:
Yes, there IS a bribe/promise in your video. That you'll attempt to eat your hat if I flip town. I don't think that's allowed
, especially since now NJAC wants to lynch me for the lolz. NJAC either is foolishly confident that I'm a town read, or has scum knowledge that I am town.

What if I made a video and said I would eat a shoe if all the mafia just -suicided right now? I just don't like the precedent of this or the added incentive that people now have to lynch me just so they can see you attempt to eat a hat.

In post 1214, combinatorialEnigma wrote:
There's no precedent being set, there's no incentive for anything unless someone doesn't have any opinions and doesn't care about the game. I'm just doing this because it amuses me.

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=4415043#p4415043]post 1215[/url], Jun wrote:Do you even think I will flip scum?
Why include some random gimmick specifically if I get lynched? The huge fuss you've raised about this doesn't sit well with me at all.

In post 1218, Maenara wrote:For the record,
my problem with Enigma posting that video is that it gives him a downright ridiculous advantage.
Body language and similar are incredibly important to communication, so
the fact that he posts a video of himself is as close to cheating as you can get without it apparently being so.

In post 1218, Maenara wrote:
If another video is posted, I'm replacing out
, because that is just bullshit.

1) Maenara attempts to get Enigma modkilled over the video.
2) Enigma clarifies that he is just having fun.
3) Maenara ignores this clarification and makes a second attempt to get Enigma modkilled over the video.
4) mykonian clarifies that the video is
well within the rules
5) Jun claims that the video is not within the rules despite this clarification. Jun claims it gives an added incentive that people now lynch him despite Enigma clarifying that he is just having fun.
6) Enigma, once again, clarifies that he is just having fun, that there is no precedent being set, that there is no incentive for anything unless someone doesn't have any opinions and doesn't care about the game.
7) Jun asks why Enigma would include some random gimmick, despite Enigma having clarified two times already that he did so for the fun. Jun blames Enigma for "the huge fuss you've raised about this".
8) Maenara claims that the video gives Enigma a downright ridiculous advantage, and that it is
as close to cheating as you can get without it apperently being so
, despite the fact that a) Enigma twice clarified that he did it for the fun and b) mykonian already clarified that the video is well within the rules.
9) Maenara makes a threat that she will be replacing out should another video be posted despite the fact that a) the owner of the video clarified twice that it was made for fun and b) the mod in the game clarified that it was well within the rules. In other words, Maenara made a threat that she will be replacing out should someone do something that is
well within the rules

I sincerely hope that nobody here will refrain from doing something that is within the rules due to a threat of someone replacing out.

Maenara, your continuous attempt to a) get Enigma banned and b) justify your attempt of getting Enigma banned looks scummy to me, and I personally dislike your threat, although that in itself is probably a null.

I personally don't want to play in this game if there are any more videos.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:59 am

Post by theomoaner »

In post 1225, buldermar wrote:

Like that is going to happen.

Jun in post Zero there is a link to the relevent set of site rules as to what constitues a normal game. Just in case you missed it it's here again, just for you.
normal

If this isn't IIoA I don't know what is.
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:07 am

Post by Smashbard »

You know, I really don't care at this point if we have Scum, A Cult, An SK, a Jester, A Lyncher, A Miller, A Hated Townie or Werewolves running around. If somebody has any idea, any evidence at all to help right this ship in the proper direction, speak now. Otherwise we might as well policy lynch our way into oblivion since nobody can seem to come up with a concrete case not based on Policy based on the past two lynches. The wishy washiness that we've all done (myself included) where nobody is willing to commit to their reads for sure is killing us.

For far too many cases we've been going "Hey guys, this is either a really strong scumtell.....OOOOR it's a perfectly reasonable town reaction". And it's honestly making me sick. Can we all just grow some collective balls here and lynch someone for their scumminess and stop making excuses for them?
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 am

Post by Smashbard »

I'm cool with any wagon against Maenara, Enigma, NJAC, Dividizzle, Jun, Numbers or Hiraki. Yes I purposefully picked out 7 players so that they may collectively OMGUS me to death if need be to get this game rolling and Elieson confirmed as a mason. That way at least a protective role can keep Elieson save to lead the town into a comeback tomorrow, or if we really are a game of 10 Vanilla townies, 2 Masons and 4 scum, we can hurry up and lose so that I can move on to a game with a little more flavor. No offense meant Mykonian, I'm just tired and demoralized.
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:41 am

Post by Maenara »

In post 1225, buldermar wrote:<snip>

Stop that.

Seriously. I do NOT want people to lynch me because I want a fair game. I think the video was a clear breach of site rules, I think it ruins the game, and I don't want to be in the game if it's repeated, no matter what the mod rules about it being allowed. I think it should've merited a modkill, and I realize that I don't have a say in that, but it's my bloody opinion and I'm entitled to it.

I will not have you trying to lynch me because I want to stick to site rules. Find me scummy? Then go ahead. But this is fucking bullshit, and I won't abide that.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am

Post by Maenara »

In post 1229, Smashbard wrote:For far too many cases we've been going "Hey guys, this is either a really strong scumtell.....OOOOR it's a perfectly reasonable town reaction". And it's honestly making me sick. Can we all just grow some collective balls here and lynch someone for their scumminess and stop making excuses for them?

Yes. Please.

Here, have a case:

In post 929, Maenara wrote:
The Chronicles of the Terminally Insecure, Or
"Why We Need To Lynch Dividizzle":

Members of town, bussing scum, and Buldermar - Allow me to present a humble case on why Dividizzle has not been doing anything pro-town in this game, and why I'd appreciate it if he'd just lay down and die. "But surely Dividizzle has done nothing to deserve such a cruel fate," I hear you cry. But hasn't he? Truly, I had not considered him overly much, during the course of the game, but he recently caught my eye, and since then, my estimation of him has only turned worse.

Let me guide you through the infernal plains of his posts:

In post 106, dividizzle wrote:I'm not convinced by Eleison's plan either. @Eleison, you say you don't want to reveal your town reads but you also tell Mae and Mollie to stop intown bickering. Does that imply that you have a town read on them both?

A few posts into the game, Dividizzle is already busy looking for the reads of townies, the better to exploit them later, and align himself with fruitful wagons.

In post 231, dividizzle wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Eleison

Sorry if this has already been mentioned as I read a little bit briefly while catching up but I am suspicious of Eleison's firm approval of Maenara's scum, town, inactivity list, given the fact that he is listed as number two on that list.

@Eleison: if you like those lists, how do you explain you appearing as scum to him?

Creating dissent within town, fishing for further elaboration and trying to make people slip up. Considering that we now know that Eleison is overwhelmingly likely to be town, this does not reflect too well on him.

In post 281, dividizzle wrote:After doing my reread, my initial reaction is that my two favored scum targets are NJAC and themoaner. Now I know that isn't terribly surprising because they have both drawn suspicion already but I want to point out a couple exchanges that made me question them.
In post 148, NJAC references themoaner and says he can’t tell if he’s scummy or not, keeping both distance and a lack of suspicion on him, then voting for someone else.
In post 183 he once again acknowledges that he had initial scum reactions to themoaner but then backs out.
Finally in post 242, NJAC questions why the wagon on themoaner died but quickly switches attention and places a vote on Slandaar for dubious reasons. It is worth noting that in the previous two posts he claimed that the wagon on themoaner didn’t look good, and then changed his mind to wonder why it didn’t go further.

I can’t tell if this is the play of a couple scum interacting. It raised suspicion with me because it just seemed very phony, as if placing some blame would distance him but not enough to actually cause themoaner any danger. Thoughts?

Also, just to add my opinions on two of the other most argued over players, I think both Pirate Mollie and Jun are giving me town vibes, albeit not in normal ways.

Picking targets already chosen by others, stokes the fire but refuses to commit. "I can't tell if this is the play of a couple of scum interacting" - then why say anything at all?

Lumping together a town member and a scumbuddy in the end, too, defending them both very vaguely, and trying to make town associate them with one another.

In post 314, dividizzle wrote:I agree that Mcstab's iso looks sketchy. Care to elaborate on why you wouldn't want a vote on him Slandaar?

An attempt to get people to focus on McStab; trying to start a wagon without committing on his own.

In post 387, dividizzle wrote:I just did a reread of Mollie's iso and here are some thoughts:

- I'm not as concerned about her wild scumhunting as themoaner is. While she does do quite a bit of jumping around, it strikes me as overzealous but not overtly suspicious.

- The references to the other mafia site do seem mildly scummy. I am not as held up over her self-description as new or not but she does use the other site and its different setup to deflect criticism or suspicion at times.

- The most town-leaning point for me is that Mollie and I have had some overlap in other scum suspicions. obviously this could mean that I have been incorrect, but it is hard to view Mollie as scum for that reason.

- I do agree that she has reacted poorly to pressure from votes.

@Slandaar: You seem confident about this vote but haven't articulated a case against Mollie, why do you find her so scummy?

"I think Mollie is town-like, only she's scummy, only she's a bit town-like, but she's still scummy." - Making sure to have plenty of options later on, eh? Also, in the end, "Please, Slandaar, tell me what you think so I can fit my views into that."

In post 438, dividizzle wrote:I could support a Mcstab lynch. Although the fact that we now know he has requested replacement means in theory we should give the replacement a chance to say hello.

Also @Slandaar: in reference to you saying that if we lynch a lurker it should be PMysterious, I think the case against NJAC goes beyond just lurking. I detailed the beginning of it in an earlier post and when i get more time tonight, I can state it more.

"Hey, I'm still totally in favour of you people lynching McStab, but I don't really want to commit to it, you know? Also, I can totally argue for why others are scum, so don't focus on the fence I'm sitting on, please?"

In post 457, dividizzle wrote:I would like to see what NJAC and PMysterious have to say in their return before I get behind the lynch of numberguy.

@NJAC and PMysterious: please thoughts on what has happened and on suspicion of your inactivity?

"Hey, uhm, yah. I'm still careful. Please say something so you can dig your own grave, instead of me shooting you."

In post 483, dividizzle wrote:@Smash: Usually scumslips scare me in terms of being a rationale for quicklynch because they seem like they are often toeing the line between damning and trivial. I also have just found that D1 is harder for me because I like to rely on analyzing a person's overall actions/interactions. I have to leave but more to post this afternoon.

Here he then goes on to explain that no, he totally can't be held responsible for what he's doing on D1, because hey, it's not like he has the same things as his disposal as everyone else. Get a grip, Div.

In post 548, dividizzle wrote:Sorry guys, had some technical difficulties yesterday. I have been set back by the recent replacing and returning. A couple things I think though:

buldemar's claim that any town player (regarding mollie) would have read previous games strikes me strangely. I still don't think I can get behind a Mollie lynch but I could get behind a numbersguy lynch and I agree that could give us a lot of information about Mollie as well.

As for numbers guy, I don't think the 'scumslip' was incredibly telling (as previously stated) but I do think his reaction has been poor, focusing on the issue and continuing to try to talk around it. I feel like town would have acknowledged that something they said was construed as scummy instead of backing into a wall and taking a me vs. them attitude.

Unvote
Vote: 10506670

And here he finally thinks he's found a wagon which can be lead into a mislynch without him appearing culpable. The part about not believing the scumslip (Note that it's "As previously stated" - Making sure to seem very consistent) is especially brilliant - He can then, after a mislynch, argue that it was totally Numbers' fault for reacting poorly, as well as all the people who started the wagon for using a false tell.

In post 555, dividizzle wrote:Mollie I agree that we shouldn't lynch over the scumslip itself but I think his defense has been poor. His play has seemed more scummy to me than Thurhame was.

Still making sure to not seem culpable after a mislynch...

In post 661, dividizzle wrote:I don't like the speed at which Shinori got votes, though I will say his defense was less than convincing. Also, the "die"/didn't know it was hammer seems very suspicious to me.

Also, just to point out, theomoaner arguing with telo seems almost similar to his argument with Mollie (in manner not necessarily in content) on the first day and that didn't turn out well (lynching Mollie the townie).

I think I look at some voting things.

And here we have another wagon which he'd like to have succeed without appearing responsible. He follows his standard procedure of declaring the person somewhat scummy for minor reasons, but still condemning others for their actions, so as to have others to lynch in retribution once it flips town.

He then goes on to sow discord 'round Theomoaner, while defending the person he sees as an easy target. The latter is always popular amongst scum, because hey, there's a good chance they'll die, and that means extra town-cred.

In post 773, dividizzle wrote:I have never played with masons before either, but clearly they were in contact so the other option is that they are mafia, which could explain the day 2 start. This doesn't seem reasonable because one would suspect that mafia would target a claimed mason with a night kill.

So anyway, it's interesting that Eleison notes Maenara and Hiraki switching votes to his wagon because on the original Mollie wagon they constitute the beginning impetus. Maenara goes as far to point out L-5, implying for the first time a lynch really coming. It is interesting to note that Maenara was not on the final Mollie wagon, though both were on Shinori at its peak.

Also should be pointed out, that aside from Smash and Eleison, the two that were on the final Mollie wagon as well as the Shinori wagon that rapidly gained steam were buldemar and hiraki. Buldemar is on the Mollie wagon despite not really having too much fault with Mollie (correct me if I'm wrong), but he states that he'd rather see a Mollie lynch than no lynch. Then on day 2 proceeds to go right after shinori. I may be grasping at straws but that seems like blaming shinori for an incorrect mollie lynch that he participated on but distanced himself from.

Alright, I need to go to bed, I will puzzle over this a bit more and i'll be on tomorrow.

Also, just to note, this hinges on the fact that the Mollie lynch killed a town and that the Shinori wagon gained steam a little bit too quickly for my suspicion.

Sowing a lot of discord, stoking a lot of fires, but ultimately settling on absolutely nothing.

In post 785, dividizzle wrote:
In post 774, Smashbard wrote:

It's not ideal that we claimed so early, as the original plan was to bread crumb our roles with the whole first letter of every post Day 2 thing, then refer back to Day 2 to confirm the surviving mason if one of us should die. But other circumstances have arisen, which gives me red flags on quite a few players behaviors. More on that once I've had a chance to analyze Mollies Day 1 wagon, Slandaars interactions & Shinori's day 2 wagon.

I feel like I am missing something simple here. Why would that be a better scenario? Wouldn't it be better to have two confirmed town than one after the other dies?
I also missed the reason why you had to claim so early, if not for the one post I remember seeing in which you stated you had good reason to believe eleison was town, but then more conversation went on after that.

I'm not 100% convinced by the argument that it would make no sense for a mafia group of more than 2 to declare 2 of their members to be mason partners. Why would they be leaving their other members in the dust? They would be in the exact same position as before. If two of their mafia could develop town cred, it would be extremely beneficial to them.

Trying to appear suspicious yet reasonable about the masons claim. Damn those Masons, eh, Dividizzle? So pesky with their confirmed town-ness.

In post 857, dividizzle wrote:
Vote: Maenara

I think Maenara is the scummiest player right now. I am also much more comfortable with a Maenara lynch than a Jun lynch. Jun has made some strange comments but not particularly scummy in my eyes. As for the case on maenara, aside from what I was already suspicious of, I think qwints reason #2 in post 814 is telling. Looking at Maenara's ISO and focusing on analysis of mollie, he jumps from all sides of the spectrum. He also shows, in my opinion, way too much pleasure in lynching someone he very well admits could be town.

"Aside from what I was already suspicious of, which I won't mention, of course, I'll totally follow this wall-driven bandwagon, as it seems to have an impenetrable line of reasoning, and also, my past tactics don't seem to have worked, and I want the day to end."

In post 927, dividizzle wrote:
In post 923, buldermar wrote:
Why did you consider the wagon scum-driven? Who do you think was driving it?

It was more than one post delayed. It could be interpreted as if you were deliberately postponing voting to allow picking a target more likely to get lynched. That is scummy.

I found it perculiar that you would make a case against me in that way without really following up on it. It could be interpreted as if you were testing if others were willingly buying it before placing your vote. Avoidance of placing votes could be scummy because it allows for it not to be too "locked", which would lead to missing out on other lynching opportunities.

I think it's important that we get a clear answer from Hiraki soon regarding Shinori.

It was the fact that town had just driven a mistaken lynch in Pirate Mollie and while I was feeling hesitant, others seemed very willing to quickly load up on another wagon. As I just pointed out, it surprised me to go back and see that both masons (whose claim I am trusting for the moment) were on it.

It was one of MY posts delayed, perhaps you were unclear about that. And it occurred after all that stupid arguing that derailed a lot of things. Then I did look at voting and rather than making a ‘case’ against you, I pointed out something interesting.

Whose claim he's trusting for the moment? Oh, hell no, he's not. This so doesn't fit with what he said only a few posts ago. He can't both be like this, and claim to be suspicious about them earlier on. There's no way that's consistent.

Oh, and he's trying to make excuses for his past fence-sitting. Too little, too late, scumdizzle.

VOTE: Dividizze

For the record, this was his response:

In post 997, dividizzle wrote:This is the second time Maenara has pulled a brand new case out against competing wagons and declared it to be the unifying case that all town could agree upon. Though it’s obviously about me, I think it should look contrived and desperate to anyone reading it. @Maenara: if you have any specific questions that you want me to address from your case feel free to ask them, rather than me picking apart the whole thing.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
combinatorialEnigma
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:10 am

Post by combinatorialEnigma »

Maenara, you do realize that when I have the ability to record another video later, I will post one mocking your threat to replace out if another video is posted.

Your overreaction to this is really fucking hilarious.

In the meantime:
"Pro-town - the new anti-town behavior." ~buldermar
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:11 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1224, Jun wrote:Is cult allowed in a "large normal" setup?
You make me want to smash my head into a wall.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:14 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1230, Smashbard wrote:I'm cool with any wagon against Maenara, Enigma, NJAC, Dividizzle, Jun, Numbers or Hiraki. Yes I purposefully picked out 7 players so that they may collectively OMGUS me to death if need be to get this game rolling and Elieson confirmed as a mason. That way at least a protective role can keep Elieson save to lead the town into a comeback tomorrow, or if we really are a game of 10 Vanilla townies, 2 Masons and 4 scum, we can hurry up and lose so that I can move on to a game with a little more flavor. No offense meant Mykonian, I'm just tired and demoralized.

I have a strong town read on NJAC.
dividizzle
dividizzle
Goon
dividizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:15 am

Post by dividizzle »

I think buldemar detailed quite well actually how thin the case on me is, he even mentioned that. I apologize for being a cautious town player, I really do, but nobody else seems to have any idea what's going on either. Theomoaner in #1221 makes a good point about Maenara pushing hard for this lynch without really addressing me.

Also, Re: #1219 by Smash, it's interesting that you see it that way. The video to me seemed almost more scummy, as if trying to deflect attention by turning it into more of a joke than actually dealing with what was said and how it came to be (whether by accident or by slip).

I think it's interesting that Hiraki has dodged suspicion recently. He has said some pretty strange things but we let him get away with it because that seems to be who he is. He was one of my scumreads early on and has since dropped away. I will take a look at it.
dividizzle
dividizzle
Goon
dividizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:16 am

Post by dividizzle »

hold on, I missed a page
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:18 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1231, Maenara wrote:
In post 1225, buldermar wrote:<snip>

Stop that.

Seriously. I do NOT want people to lynch me because I want a fair game. I think the video was a clear breach of site rules, I think it ruins the game, and I don't want to be in the game if it's repeated, no matter what the mod rules about it being allowed. I think it should've merited a modkill, and I realize that I don't have a say in that, but it's my bloody opinion and I'm entitled to it.

I will not have you trying to lynch me because I want to stick to site rules. Find me scummy? Then go ahead. But this is fucking bullshit, and I won't abide that.
Quote the site rules that forbids the video. Site rules have logical priority over individual game rules - if you can find a rule that explicitly forbids it, I shall reconsider my stance and vote on you.
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:31 am

Post by Maenara »

In post 1238, buldermar wrote:Quote the site rules that forbids the video. Site rules have logical priority over individual game rules - if you can find a rule that explicitly forbids it, I shall reconsider my stance and vote on you.

I felt that it felt within this:

[/quote]

In any case, what matters is not whether or not you agree that this should be forbidden - The mod has already made a ruling, and that's final. What matters is that you're trying to get me lynched, apparently based solely upon my stance on this issue, which has no relation to my in-game alignment.

dividizzle
dividizzle
Goon
dividizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:36 am

Post by dividizzle »

Edit: Sorry it will have to be after class.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:37 am

Post by theomoaner »

Thanks for reposting that wall Maenara. It enhanced the readability of the game no end.

Smashbard. WTF is this all about? Then you follow it up with #1230, so, you rant about people not sticking to solid reads and then go on to say your happy with any one of seven lynches.

If I was the kind of person who does such things there would be a "WTF is this shit?" meme picture here.

And Maenara, this was a serious question.
In post 1221, theomoaner wrote:
If you don't want CE lynched how do you propose he dies? At the hands of an SK maybe? It's not like he's going to be NK'd is he, he is on their team according to you.

I'd like an answer please.
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:13 am

Post by mykonian »

votecount

maenara (6): hiraki, NJAC, theomoaner, smashbard, buldermar, combinatorialEnigma
combinatorialEnigma (2): jun, eleison
jun (2): 10506670, dividizzle
dividizzle (1): maenara

not voting (1): Thebuttonmen

With 12 players it is 7 to lynch (6 to no lynch)

deadline is on the 27th of oktober

Is cult allowed in a "large normal" setup?

it is not.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:23 am

Post by Hiraki »

NJAC wrote:@Hiraki: what do you think about the Masons and Jun? I'd also like to hear your read on me.
They're town. You're null. Leaning town. You were scum for inactivity and just lurking but I'm going to assume that this was a personal issue rather than something that should be taken in terms of alignment.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:11 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1239, Maenara wrote:
In post 1238, buldermar wrote:Quote the site rules that forbids the video. Site rules have logical priority over individual game rules - if you can find a rule that explicitly forbids it, I shall reconsider my stance and vote on you.

I felt that it felt within this:

In any case, what matters is not whether or not you agree that this should be forbidden - The mod has already made a ruling, and that's final. What matters is that you're trying to get me lynched, apparently based solely upon my stance on this issue, which has no relation to my in-game alignment.[/quote]The ruling is not final if it is against the site rules. I'm not voting you based on your stance, I'm voting you because you're absurdly preoccupied with trying to get Enigma banned over a seemingly innocent movie
despite
getting a clear answer from the mod.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:15 am

Post by buldermar »

I messed up the quote - sorry.
Jun
Jun
Goon
Jun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:08 am

Post by Jun »

Since cult has been ruled out, I still feel like we should lynch CE. Like someone said, he's trying to make a joke and make light of a very serious scumslip he had earlier. I would suspect that buldermar is scum with CE due to defending him in #1225 by emphasizing how CE's behavior was just a joke. So antitown to have scum knowledge about what I would flip and joke about it like CE did. Why are we not lynching him!!!!? What does a maenara lynch tell us?

A CE lynch hits the most probable scum AND tells us if buldermar is also likely to be scum or not.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:20 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1246, Jun wrote:Since cult has been ruled out, I still feel like we should lynch CE. Like someone said, he's trying to make a joke and make light of a very serious scumslip he had earlier. I would suspect that buldermar is scum with CE due to defending him in #1225 by emphasizing how CE's behavior was just a joke. So antitown to have scum knowledge about what I would flip and joke about it like CE did. Why are we not lynching him!!!!? What does a maenara lynch tell us?

A CE lynch hits the most probable scum AND tells us if buldermar is also likely to be scum or not.

In post 1225, buldermar wrote:Jun, please start thinking before you post.
dividizzle
dividizzle
Goon
dividizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:33 am

Post by dividizzle »

@Maenara: In #1218 you mention the advantage of being able to demonstrate body language and similar. This part made you angry and you said it was as close to cheating as possible. What could you gain from reading his body language and how does that tie in to your theory of him as scum?

You then go on to say that the video came and got you all confused, presumably about your read. My question then is why you reacted angrily to more information.

ALSO, As should be obvious by mykonian posting, Maeanara is at L-1 even though it wasn’t pointed out. I have found maenara scummy for quite some time but I want to give her a chance to defend further why she wasn’t trying to get enigma modkilled for an easy kill. And also to answer my question from above.
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 am

Post by Maenara »

I am angry about it because it's a kind of information that I feel has no place in a game of forum mafia. Body language influences your perception of people massively, and if you want to dispute that, I think there are a few psychologists, neurologists, anthropologists and so on that would like a word with you. It doesn't "tie into" any theory; it's just a shitty thing to do.

Seeing as y'all apparently want to lynch me, I'd like you to do me a favour: Agree on why, so I can actually defend myself. I see one hell of a lot people jumping on me, apparently each for their own reason. This should tell you a bit about how solid the case on me is - If you cannae even agree on what I've done wrong, why are you stringing me up?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”