Open 463: Black Flag Nightless (Game Over)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

::snores::
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Your time will come.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Don't worry, Thor, we're probably going to lynch your partner today so you don't have to worry about this game anymore.

~Empire.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Mehdi - I didn't even notice you asked me the question. I probably shouldn't be attempting to do anything right now. A lot of travel + site seeing + lack of sleep has left me with a slipping brain. I was interested for my own curiosity. I don't care how you do the cases. I'd say separate would be fine, but I'm not the one who asked for a case from you guys so that's not really my call.

OS - tis good. I'd like to see you posting more for my own piece of mind. I'm looking forward to the cases though, now that I know you're writing them :p
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1152, Cerulean wrote:Don't worry, Thor, we're probably going to lynch your partner today so you don't have to worry about this game anymore.

~Empire.

Are we starting with Jesse?
I'd still like to start with Jesse despite the brilliant logic of proving I'm town by lynching N because his crime is being my only possible partner.
Despite that being a great case.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:37 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Do you think a wall case on N by us is really going to be just that? I don't even know how you make a decent wall with that as the only reason for n scum.

~Mehdi
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I distill all walls to the salient points.
That does appear to be the driving core of the N wagon currently.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Would you respond to the case on him yourself then if you think it's that weak of a reason (and still seem to think he's town)?

~Mehdi
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1154, Thor665 wrote:Are we starting with Jesse?
I'd still like to start with Jesse despite the brilliant logic of proving I'm town by lynching N because his crime is being my only possible partner.
Despite that being a great case.

Why do you seem to care so much about N? We lynch him, you become basically clear by PoE if he's town, you get your Jesse lynch tomorrow.

~Empire.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:49 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

It's because they're partners duh.

Notice how aloof and uncaring Thor is attempting to appear while softly pushing against an N lynch.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 1159, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:It's because they're partners duh.

Notice how aloof and uncaring Thor is attempting to appear while softly pushing against an N lynch.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Regfan, I looked through Dirty Dealing and I think I'm seeing similar stuff here re: Mehdi talking down to his suspects, becoming frustrated, and not being afraid to call things dumb. I don't think he sounds robotic here. Only reservation I had was regarding OS's activity in the hydra but I think his excuse checks out.

~Empire.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Post by Justin Timberlake »

Thor, while I can understand the 'not partner hunting' in other games, with this being a white/black flag game where scum lose if two of them are lynched scum cannot afford to let their last partner get lynched so there's a lot more information to work with on who does and doesn't work as partners.

Soul, I don't mind if you post them together or separately, as long as they're posted sometime today. I think I understand what you're saying re; them voting together now, just don't find it to be any real tell - they can also be voting together because they have the same scum-read so it's really null.

Empire, I found Souls play in that game to be a lot more emotion-based and I do think a lot of their play here barring Oversouls rants are mechanical and robotic but I skimmed through their game last night at about 2am and want to do a proper read through of it later. Also glad to see you're right where I am re; partnerships that work. Out of all of them I'd say the one I'm the most most most confident in never ever being the case is Thor / Jesse - it's really not possible for Thor to have voted N and told Jesse to join him on N so he could push and buss on Jesse for the rest of the game, it makes zero sense whatsoever which means as long as you guys and deadpool are town, which is the case then lynching Soul and N make this game a fairly certain win. Uh, about do you guys actually have a scum-read on Thor? Because Faraday and I both think he's town.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Post by Cerulean »

It's pretty weak at the moment, but yes, we do. Can you explain your townread on him please? If you already did, just direct me to the post.

I mean, the fact that Thor evidently really doesn't want N to get lynched today is ringing alarms bells to me right now.

~Empire.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:17 pm

I'll go into the town read on him in more detail in about half an hour when I'm not half paying attention to the cricket at the same time.

I don't think Thor not wanting N lynched is that big a thing considering that he's pushing for Jesses lynch instead and has been pushing hard for Jesse for days now and given how stubborn he is that's natural from him.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:20 pm

It's one of those things that is true if they're scum together but also makes sense if Thor is town.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:21 pm

(The wanting/not wanting N lynched thing)
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:25 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Here's the first case. Having to look back and analyze n more made the read on him individually change as well to be stronger then the thor scum read. VOTE: N

N case

In post 22, N wrote:
In post 16, PiggyGal15 wrote:I understand N bandwagoning, he likes bandwagons, but Equinox didn't even put a silly sentance in there to make me feel better about being brought to L-2 on page 1 :(
VOTE: Equinox
Clearly a lazy band-wagoning scum looking for an easy lynch.

What makes you say I like bandwagonning? I mean, I do; but the only other game I've played with you is Reverse Mafia and I don't remember wagonning anyone for no particular reason in that game.

In post 24, N wrote:
In post 23, PiggyGal15 wrote:I'm a stalker N ;)
Really? Which games of mine have you stalked? They've been mostly newbies and micros, so I can't see why you'd have much interest in them.

In post 23, PiggyGal15 wrote:I brought up the v/la as a means to end my RVS while letting things stay in RVS because I know things are going to stay in RVS even when things actually get serious. It happens. It's why I don't like RVS, because even when it obviously come to an end, new players that haven't posted yet still look to RVS to join in the conversation - so it was a way to let the other 5ish people come in without feeling the need to awkwardly stay in RVS - call my logic flawed, but when you know something is inevitable, it's best just to give in and join their side - which I get a feeling will become my lynch very soon :/

Let me get this straight: you dislike RVS; in order to end RVS you (a) jokingly call someone out for being V/LA (b) want to let it continue (c) think everyone who hasn't posted yet should join in the RVS and (d) think you'll be lynched for it?

In post 241, N wrote:Sorry for disappearing; I started a new job and I'm pretty exhausted. I've tried to read though the thread, and I'm about to comment on things that grabbed my attention, but I'm sure there's stuff I've missed; please point it out. (I also noticed people saying I posted elsewhere; I made a few quick phone posts before work this morning in games I'd just been prodded in (or was about to be) and am doing the same thing now for the next wave. It's a horrible way to play and I don't like making promises about content, but I'll have more time later in the week toward the weekend.)

In post 41, PiggyGal15 wrote:Oh, and N, they're all wonderful ongoing games that you are in ;)

This is such a cop out. You're saying me wagonning in RVS is a town-tell and when I press for more info on where you got that idea from, you say ongoing games? How can something you've picked up from my ongoing games be a town-tell? You don't know my alignment in those games and if I try and press you too hard you can just avoid talking about ongoing games.

In post 43, PiggyGal15 wrote:Well, I suppose point b should actually be "I know it's going to continue, so why bother stopping it?"

You don't think there's any way you could stop RVS? How do you think RVS ever ends if everyone just sits on their hands and waits for someone else to end it?

In post 82, Cerulean wrote:I'm in agreement with my other head that N looks town based on his piggy questioning.

I know this townread is "gone" now because I disappeared, but it was a pretty shit reason for a townread anyway. I was pretty much talking to her about my own meta; that's a towntell now is it? (This isn't just for Cerulean; I saw other people say similar things.)

...Huh. I didn't multi-quote anything later in the thread (or it didn't work for some reason if I did), but I will admit I started skimming when it became walls about meta. If there's something I missed, point me to it!

All of these posts look town in my eyes and Mehdi felt the sameway, but while I was rereading everything I remembered that someone (N I am pretty sure) said he did not have any scumgames that were on the record. I felt like this would be a good time to compare this game from his other completed games. I remember my first time playing as Mafia I was nervous as hell and played a completely different game. I think the change from all town games to his first scum game would be noticeable and I think there is something there.

Reverse Mafia
Nomination Mafia
Double Day

These are the games I looked at for reference.

In each of his games, looking at N's posting style and tone he has been more... sassy for lack of a better term. One example of his sassiness would be:

N wrote:
In post 98, Om of the Nom wrote:Uhhh, it's page 4 and IceGuy has certainly managed to give great reasoning >_>
It's the same amount of pages for him as it is for you.

I imagine it's quite dark that far up IceGuy's ass.

He is playing a tongue in cheek and says it how it is type of game.

Here if you just take a cursory glance at his iso he is much more formal, much more serious. His posts are longer and they contain more content than normal the games that I have looked at. Even looking at the first three posts that I have quoted, his sassiness here is on the verge of jerk and his aggression isn't tongue in cheek. It is pure aggression.

As a first time scum this could be overcompensation for what he feels is what looks like protown behavior.

In post 436, N wrote:I don't even remember anything Voided has done. But then again, I haven't been paying the best attention to this game. Right now, the only things I can remember are that Piggy did some really scummy shit early game (I can't remember anything she's done since, though, so I guess that's how she's slipped others' suspicions?), Sixty has made some horrible cases (seriously, the last time I saw a case that bad was by a cop who had a guilty result but didn't want to claim their role), Mehdi/blue-avatar/Thor had a big argument with lots of walls (I skimmed most of it), and there's too many damn hydras running around (and I can't keep them straight). Oh, and Justin Timberlake replaced in and made
more
fucking walls.

So, from the small amount of information I managed to retain, let's lynch Piggy and Sixty and the third partner can do whatever they're currently doing and it doesn't matter.

While this feels like what N did in Reverse Mafia and it in my opinion displays the tonal feeling that I mentioned about his other town games. However, what is interesting is his reference to JT. In his other game he made mention about the replace out (UN) feeling that it was town tell for him. In this he only complains about JT being a nuisance for him due to his decreased activity. He's taking a past town tell he's used and not treating it like a town tell this game.

In post 513, N wrote:I don't understand the argument between Soul and Justin, so I'm going to ignore it. I don't have a scumread on either of you, so I think it might be two townies arguing while the mafia sit back and do nothing.

Absta's didn't-read-the-rules-properly towntell attempt on the last page looks way too over the top, so for the moment, he can be the third scum we've been looking for. (The other two being Piggy and Sixty, of course.) I was starting to think the third could be Thor, because he hadn't called me scummy yet (he always seems to - okay, in the two completed games we have together he did), but he just voted for me so that's all okay.

I'd hammer Sixty, but I want them to come in and make some more incriminating posts and hopefully out their buddies for real.

Two things I have to say about this post that I feel haven't been commented on with all the N hate and this post in particular is really what made me question the N read after having to go back and read him again.

The first sentence "I am just going to ignore it, you two are townies" is my biggest grievance with the post. That is perhaps one of the most glaringly obvious and lazy scumtells on this site and it has been committed by a number of other scum that I have caught, specifically in relation to me and my walls and just general posting habit. I keep it in my back pocket because so far it really has not failed me relative to nonlazy people (Faraday/Thor I am looking at you).

The second part is after I had looked at N's other games. He says that the towntell looks over the top and then goes on to qualify his read. The qualifying is again, a thing that scum do, most likely from the same psychological vein that N drew from for his over aggressive attitude. They feel the need to overcompensate and qualify for things because there isn't enough "surrounding" the comment. This is also why scum commonly feel the need to comment on everything, even their buddies, but that is getting into mafia theory.

I will go onto explain that I feel this proves my point about N posting more and having more content versus his other games because he feels the need to. What has changed from those other games?

533 I'm noting this post for the specific mention of the Thor when he says "probable-town read" on the slot but the snippiness of the post is more over the top aggression that isn't like his town meta. He isn't joking about things or pretending to joke about things.

In post 647, N wrote:Lol.

Okay, I think you're scummy. Also, what is your case on me? If you're going to call that shit in #519 a case, you're worse as scum than Sixty.

VOTE: Jesse

Please remind me where you ever voted Sixty or expressed that they were scum for you to have this amount of confidence?

In post 660, N wrote:I'm not understanding why they're making such a big deal out of nothing, or how it started. I understand you don't actually care, because two townies fighting can only ever be good for you.

This is entirely unwarranted given the context of the situation and that he only expressed that Jesse was scummy.

In post 678, N wrote:
In post 665, JesseSheffield wrote:N: I’m honestly over it.

Well, that's convenient.

Then again this is typical and what I would expect from N given the situation. Meh.

In post 783, N wrote:
In post 775, Cerulean wrote:
In post 773, N wrote:Same with Cerulean/Deadpool, actually, although I'm not as convinced these two are both town. I had a scumread on absta before, and SAD saying he understands how several people read absta as scum doesn't help that. Tammy's reluctance to out her reads doesn't seem overtly scummy to me; yeah, it's weird, but I don't see why she would be less likely to conform as scum than town.

It had nothing to do with being reluctant to out reads, and everything to do with determining Arthur's motivation.

Did you really expect him to tell you why he wanted your reads before you'd actually given them?

That isn't as unprobable as you think it is N given and I highly doubt that SAD would have not complied given how connected he is with Tammy via their offsite games together.

In post 809, N wrote:you think Mehdi's meta points towards him being scum, I think it actually matches his town games more appropriately;

Weren't you searching for other opinions on Mehdi's meta?

Personally reading the Jesse v. N argument I am leaning more towards Jesse's point of view because I may have an unspoken admiration of him. However, the nitpicky argument just goes to show the general seriousness of N's play more so than the other games that I referenced earlier in the post.

I really am trying not to make this redundant, but between the brutish comments and the general scumtells that N is making I don't know how else to explain it.

In post 1054, N wrote:I can understand a Cerulean town-read, but I would like you to explain how Deadpool is confirmed town.

Clutching at straws so that N as scum would have more to work with in terms of getting people lynched if Deadpool is town.

In post 1054, N wrote:But you should also check how much other people mentioned me? I was pretty bust with rl stuff for most of day 1, so I think most people barely mentioned me. Searching for " N " in absta's iso comes up with 0 matches, for instance, as does Equinox, and Voided only mentions me in one post. (I chose to search them because they were also only here for day 1. I can't be bothered figuring out where day 1 stops for other people.)

I find this particularly misleading since while they weren't in the game alive the whole time like sixty, sixty also said more compared to equinox and absta while voided was occupied with defending himself day 1 more.

In post 1117, N wrote:
In post 1083, N wrote:
In post 1080, Justin Timberlake wrote:Ns town read on Thor for 'voting him' is extremely odd, not something I'd ever consider a town-tell especially since it's based of just two games - did just go hunting for them to see if Thor was actually town in both games and he was - it's Reserve Rudex and Political Corruption if anyone's interested.

Now that we're both dead in it, I can point out that he thought I was scummy in Newbie 1288 too. So there was actually a little bit more to my read than two games we'd been in together.

Actually, that game has not completely ended. (another damn loss for me...)

And if we're talking about possible pairings, have a look at Jesse and Deadpool/absta. Jesse spent a lot of time early in the game soft-defending Absta, until Absta came in and said "Wtf is your problem? Stop defaming me." Even after that, the only thing Jesse actually addressed Absta with was a generic "Can you explain a lot more in depth your reads?"
After Deadpool replaced in, Jesse has only addressed him is in general futile chatter. First thing Deadpool says about Jesse is "Jesse reads as somewhat scum." and makes a small case against him, before suddenly (with no mentions of him in between) "Jesse reads genuine :/" and telling him "I already said you read town" and then that last bit of chain-sawing on me and Thor (I hope I'm using the right buzzword here).
I know Sixty listed them both in the never lynch list, but thinking about Sixty's play, I think she'd either list both of their buddies, or neither.

I don't think this is par for the course with N and it looks like a desperate attempt to get any wagon other than himself at this point. His town reasoning for Thor is a loose meta reason based on a recently finished game which in my opinion points even more to Thor as scum if N is scum.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Interesting.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

So thor is the only important point still the fact n is your only likely partner?

~Mehdi (last post was Mehdi, but most of the case was OS)
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Interesting.

(Fuck off Ned)
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:32 pm

436 looks bad.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1157, Soul2277 wrote:Would you respond to the case on him yourself then if you think it's that weak of a reason (and still seem to think he's town)?

~Mehdi

I kind of think I already did - the rest of your case is meaningless to my mind.

In post 1158, Cerulean wrote:Why do you seem to care so much about N? We lynch him, you become basically clear by PoE if he's town, you get your Jesse lynch tomorrow.

~Empire.

I don't know why the instant I suggest not lynching someone nowadays it immediately becomes a buddy conversation.
I also don't think you should be lynched, and was generally more vocal about that - buddies 4 life?
Bad relationals are bad - and that's what all this conversation today has been, people talking about relationals as though they know what they're saying.

In post 1163, Cerulean wrote:I mean, the fact that Thor evidently really doesn't want N to get lynched today is ringing alarms bells to me right now.

Face.
Palm.

In post 1167, Soul2277 wrote:Here's the first case. Having to look back and analyze n more made the read on him individually change as well to be stronger then the thor scum read.

Naturally.

But Thor not buying into the original case, that now you've changed - totally buddy attitude.
:neutral:

I didn't read your case - feel free to add that to the case.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Thor who's your second scum read at least then? And why?

~M
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

You.
Gut.

Return to “Completed Open Games”