mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:52 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Hmm... Double action might be good if we have a lot of PR in town, but is probably bad considering the fact that the mafia will get two kills
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:05 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

The dice chose, not me.
OMGUS
VOTE: ARONIS
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 187, Oversoul wrote:Beetlejuice tell is that someone says your name and then you post in the thread. Basically, you're only truly active in the game when someone calls you out on it.

This game has stalled.

VOTE: Aronis

5 pages in 24 hours...

Not a stall.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 255, Prof Fridays wrote:Also, just throwing this out there: Regarding the Geography event, (barring other factors), ideally, would it be more beneficial to lynch someone in Rooms 2-6? I feel like having a smaller room population would be ideal for validating those in that room (assuming such validation is possible). Does that make sense? Perhaps I'm not considering some things.
Since this game probably has a lot of power roles, i don't think that it would help much, if any, in validating those in that room, but without that factor, it might be more beneficial, but only slightly.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:02 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

I dislike the use of meta.

@MOD: I will be on Limited Access until one week from now[\b]

Going to keep my vote on Aronis until he posts something productive.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:11 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 410, TheIrishPope wrote:People agree with me.
And I know I'm right anyway.
I don't agree with you.

In post 412, AGar wrote:
In post 395, zMuffinMan wrote:
papa zito wrote:metaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Let's pretend that game didn't happen, and you looked solely at his play this game on its own merits. In particular, his last two votes. What do you think of his alignment now?
why would i pretend i know nothing about a player when i do? if you're asking me to discard everything i know about a player and make decisions about whether or not to lynch them on the basis of their play in an individual game, i'd probably be lynching players like PV and Aronis D1 of every game i play.
Cuz meta is bad, mmkay.

Also, you act like that would be a bad thing.
In post 404, farside22 wrote:
In post 322, AGar wrote:
In post 273, talah wrote:
In post 265, AGar wrote:We're not going to see eye to eye here so I'm just going to move forward with the game. We have an inherent disagreement on what constitutes meta.
Yeah well sorry, I've been accused of meta arguments elsewhere and I think I have a very clear-cut differentiation between META which is looking for overall patterns in a person's town and scum play over a large number of games, and my own tendency to think I have better odds of reading a person if I've played with them before. So I'd tend to take a more wait-and-see approach with folks I have played with.

..ANYway, since meta apparently irritates you, I wonder if you care to comment on TiP's use of SELF-META applying it to me to produce a scumread which he's apparently 100% confident of. Surely that's something you should have been all over given your opinion on meta?
I'm generally trying to discern whether TiP is an idiot or scum at this point. He's done some things that ping me as scummy as shit, but some that also ping me as just really dumb.
I'd lean towards scum for both trying to apply his meta to someone else
and a comment he recently made suggesting someone should read his posts because he just beat them as scum. That's the kind of cockiness that comes about when you're scum again and you think you can just cruise.
why is the bold scummy? I have seen more players since I returned to mafia use the bold then not.

Because you are not me and I am not you, for a loose example. The way I play my scumgame is not going to be the way you play your scumgame is not going to be the way that Zito plays his scumgame. Same goes for town games. Meta is generally terrible because self-awareness shits all over it as a concept. Trying to apply your own meta to someone else is worse because of a multitude of reasons, but most notably selective bias. Note how TIP gave one game where he was a cult leader (which is not scum and has a different MO when they play unless you strip down their goals to strictly "survive", but that is foolish) and said "Well Talah is doing this and I was an anti-town player when I did this so Talah must be mafia!" That is patently false because Talah may not play the same way TIP plays, and unless TIP has played multiple games with Talah to have an strong basis for pointing to that particular comparison (whether it's that this is a departure from Talah's general method of approaching the game or if this particular game matches a pattern of behavior for Talah's scumgame), it holds no water.

If I went by TIP's line of thinking, I would only ever lynch people who were strongly pushing for dead scum because that's how I play scum - I bus the ever living fuck out of my partners into oblivion and rely on my ability to create a strong day presence after the fact to ride into LYLO situations where I either control the outcome of the lynch because I've got two players suspicious of each other, OR I feel confident enough in whoever I brought to LYLO with me that I believe I can win that situation roughly 90% of the time.

You see how that falls apart pretty quickly? I'd fail miserably if I even tried to apply that meta once to another player. Not to mention, I'm aware of that exact fact and have intentionally deviated from it as scum.
I really like Agar. However, he seems to be really good at manipulating people and playing scum. So minor town read on him for now
In post 474, ActionDan wrote:Muffinman you are pretty cool. I hope I can trust you. Because you are very good at this game. Tell me. Am I voting for scum?. If you think he's town ways a better option?
“Muffinman, please confirm that I am voting for the right person. I don’t want to seem like the scum I am if I vote for the wrong person”
In post 444, Oversoul wrote:I have one major scum read and a few other minor scum reads. I haven't mentioned any of them explicitly yet because I am still waiting for them to do scummy stuff thinking they are getting away with it.

Hint: lurking + active lurking
Got anything yet in the past 50 posts?
Or are you just hiding behind reads that will never develop?

]
In post 421, Iecerint wrote:I keep getting townreads on the people that people think are obvscum. :[
[/quote]
This, combined with the post right after it where icerint backpedals makes him seem scummy
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Jumping onto that bandwagon while it is still new qwints?
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

All right. I just read through the iso's of the top 5 contenders for lynch, and here's a short summary of each (according to Jules), because I haven't really been active in a while.

IN FIFTH PLACE: TIP
-Votes Talah in RVS
-Dislikes Talah and Qwints
-Says Talah is "manufacturing reads"
-Says muffin is town
-Wants reck to be town (but doesn't say that he is scum ?)

Most of his posts are minor pushes in one direction or another, but 400 and 643 both seem pretty town to me.
Not scum to me.

IN FOURTH PLACE: TALAH
-RVS Aronis
-Questions lots of votes on Zito
-Agrees with Zito, (buddying here in my opinion)
-Cautious about Zito's town read on AGar
-Wants Brian and GiF to show that they are town
-Reads TiP as scummy (post 260, which seemed really forced to me)
-post 273, arguing about meta, sounds slightly forced to me
-post 277 is slight town to me, where lurking is called terrible
-Wants reads form Delta
-Starts distancing from Zito with post 451
-455 is really defensive, where she claims that icerint has terrible reasoning on his scumread of her
-Votes Venmar
-Broseidon is now scummy to her
-Gives a reads list in #646
-Interesting thing from this:
-Now has a town read on AGar, with no real reason for the change

@Talah: Why is BRO scummy? I understand that he called KA scummy, but is there anything else? Why the change on AGar? How is DeathNote offering to catch a bullet town? Why is KK your fallover after BRO? you also have TIP and AD as other slight scum reads? Why is Reck a bad lynch today?

Going to wait until she answers my questions, but for now scum for Zito buddying and then distancing, and also slightly for 455.

IN THIRD PLACE: VENMAR
-RVS Aronis/KublaiKhan then Aronis then Tony (
Why jump back and forth so much Venmar?

-Sheeps reck and Juls
-Townreads Over
-Votes Qwints
-defends lurking
-finds talah scummy and votes her

Honestly, fun to read his iso, but not very much content. Argh,and every time I read his posts, I hear them in the voice of fry. But null right now.

IN SECOND PLACE: ARONIS
-Ugh. Gets angry that I rolled dice, and makes up stuff saying he is conf town
-Self votes.
-Then says that he knew that I couldn't change their outcome, and then attacks Juls about that.
-Scumreads are me, zito, tony, and oversoul
-votes oversoul
-Supports a venmar lynch

ISO irritates me, but there isn't anything inherently scummy about it, except for the fact that he is posting lots, but not doing much. Slight scum read right now.

IN FIRST PLACE: PAPA ZITO

-votes Aronis, and encourages a wagon
-feel town about his max effect on no lynch thing, doesn't seem like something scum would say
-"KA needs bullets"
-Dislikes Prof's unvote in 359
-Strongest Scumreads are KA, Talah, and aronis (agree with the first two, but not so much the second one)
-
@PZ: Why is Prof your top bullet catcher?

Not very scummy, got good townvibes from a few of his posts. Null-Town currently

@Jules, why is the only vote that you include from before 500 is AD's vote on me?

With all of that :up: UNVOTE: Aronis VOTE: Talah

tl;dr: TIP is town, Talah is not, Aronis angers me, but isn't really scum, Zito is Null town, I asked a bunch of questions to talah, asked one of Jules and Zito both, and I vote Talah.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

104 posts so far today. This is interesting. So in interest of getting a lynch today, I say we limit the lynching to:

Talah
Venmar
Kingdom Aces

since none of the other wagons have more than two people on them.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 751, zMuffinMan wrote:like seriously, if a multivig exists, i want you to go fucking insane on this playlist and shoot everyone in the fucking game with less than 20 posts (with the possible exception of bbmolla who just replaced in but holy fuck why is he already prod dodging?)

and while you're at it, feel free to take shots at most of the people with over 20 posts as well

when the fucking moderator is in the top 10 posters of a large game D1, something is wrong
Sorry about the not posting thing, it will pick up now that I am back from V/LA, and the weekend is coming. If you were a vig with only one shot, who would it be tonight?

In post 752, talah wrote:
In post 740, mnemonicdevice wrote:@Talah: Why is BRO scummy? I understand that he called KA scummy, but is there anything else?
I think that to use the reasoning that KA knew TIP's alignment, the normal train of though would be that they must be buddies. That's not what BRO arrived at, however.

Let me put it this way.

KA as scum reads something and presumes it's an example of them as town. BRO as town reads the same thing and presumes it's an example of them as scum. BRO wonders why KA reached a faulty conclusion.

His argument against KA at that point is that KA must have made this mistake because he knows TIP's alignment is town. But the more compelling thought when you think through it that far, would be that KA knows TIP's alignment is
scum
. Because KA as scum would be more likely to be surprised by a scumbuddy posting something where he was scum from another game, rather than a townie posting the same thing.

However BRO doesn't mention anything of the sort which leads me to thinking that BRO is necessarily presuming -something- about TIP's alignment, and in the face of extreme lack of content aside from that one push, I'm tending scum on BRO (and I've already asked him to clarify but apparently he doesn't want to post in this game).
Why the change on AGar?
I've been cautiously townreading AGar for some time now. What change are you talking about and why is this a question worth asking?
How is DeathNote offering to catch a bullet town?
Do scum offer to be vigged when they don't know whether or not there's a vig in the setup?
Um, do town offer to be vigged either?
Why is KK your fallover after BRO?
His posting looks uncomfortable with itself and a bit overly defensive. His votes have been off as well just from memory. I'm not sold on his as scum but if there's support for his lynch I'm happy to go there.
you also have TIP and AD as other slight scum reads?
Yeah that's right, and I'd also be happy enough to lynch Venmar and Deltawave today which I think I mentioned, also slightly agreeing with zMuffin above that there seems to be a fair bit of dead weight in this game which is fine for lynching.

Regarding TIP, I doubt that there's enough support for his lynch today, because generally people find him to be a character and want to keep him around if there's a chance he might be town (which is always the case Day 1). I tend to take the same attitude with people like Nacho and Mastin (and others I guess) Day 1 so I understand that kind of reasoning. I also have an incredibly bad track record of leading lynches and being correct, whereas I have an incredibly good success rate sheeping my townreads onto successful lynches.

Regarding AD - I'm waiting for more content which I doubt is going to eventuate today but I might consider lynching him. It looks pretty unlikely to happen, though.
Why is Reck a bad lynch today?
There's not really enough from him to read him one way or another and he's actually promised more content if he can effectively lurk out today. Whatever. I think there are better options and I think that pressing for his lynch will just cause him to replace so it's a waste of time with deadline only a couple of days out.
Thanks for the great responses talah. Currently you have moved from scum to Null-Scum for this town post. However, seeing as it is between you, Venmar, and KA for the lynch today, I will sheep this way if necessary, since I find you more scummy than Venmar and KA.

In post 753, talah wrote:
In post 746, TheIrishPope wrote:Let the talah votes pile.
I'll answer questions today.
List of nullreads please.
In post 778, TheIrishPope wrote:Let's see, my null reads...
AD
AGar
the lurkers
Why is AD separated from the lurkers?

In post 782, KingdomAces wrote:VOTE: Venmar

A: I don't have a townread on him.
B: He's been at least marginally more active than some of the other options.
C: Even if he's town, he's doesn't seem to want to actually help.

Unless we just want to go for a lurker lynch, I don't think anyone else in the game would be a better option right now.
Why don't you have a townread on Venmar?
In post 793, KingdomAces wrote:He's the closest thing I have to an actual scumread right now. The main thing stopping me from flat out saying he's a scumread is that I fear emotional reasons may be getting in the way of logic right now.
Lurkers have the possibility of not being lurkers later. Venmar has been active enough that it's clear that he's not planning on ever doing any more than he actually is.

Some of my vote is that it appears to be one of the bigger wagons right now and deadline, but I also really think that literally no one else in the game would make a better one.

And no, I don't have any true scumreads. That's because I find that I work far better when I get townreads and PoE from there.
What emotional reasons? And why would you not have any scumreads? Does anyone else find this scummy, or is it just me?

In post 794, talah wrote:
In post 787, zMuffinMan wrote:i'm not married to the idea talah is town, but none of the arguments for her being scum are convincing to me and i see a lot more reason to think she's town than scum (plus, i mean, the fact she seems to be one of the only players who really seems to give a shit about the game is something in her favour)

i'm also starting to get cold feet because of how many people are basically saying "i'm voting venmar because muffin said to". i understand deadline and stuff, but :/
Look I legitimately don't give a fuck who you vote right now I'll sheep it, so don't feel bound to Venmar but I'm bound to feel/read something into whoever you target so I mean it's a responsibility. I am so so tired of Day 1 in this game and I want a flip.
Aaaaand your back to scum talah. Disregard the "talah is now null-scum" thing above. Why are you tired of day one? Town should keep on thinking instead of purely sheeping like this.

In post 823, PeregrineV wrote:
Unvote.

Need to see where I want to vote today.
Well, you should place your vote soon, since we got less than 48 hours according to the countdown.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:46 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Why don't you want to lynch PV, even though you don't have a townread on him? Are there enough people already in that list, or is it something else?

Can we stop with the trying to get 13 votes on a wagon that has only one or two on it now? Lets please push a larger wagon like Talah or TIP or even Venrob (not sure how much his flip will help us though, seeing as he hasn't posted anything really).

Apparently Muffin wants to kill all of us.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Sure. I can do a qwints lynch

VOTE: QWINTS VOTE:
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:10 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Unless magic happens in the next little bit, the only lynch that will happen is Venrob.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Venrob
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:57 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Ugh. lets lynch something, so we can get info. I am fine with almost anyone, unless they are big townread of mine.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (isolation #16) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 1157, Iecerint wrote:
In post 1152, Oversoul wrote:
I agree with Juls.
In post 1153, Oversoul wrote:
Fuck.
No indication of what might be up here? Are you claiming that your blue text was a total shock to you after reading the previous speculation about what might cause it?
Looks like iec saying things to make it seem like he is active... Nvm, read on later, and he does start posting content.
In post 1176, DeathNote wrote:
I get it!
AAAAAnd... here we go again with teh useless
In post 1186, Bulbazak wrote:
Vote Papa Zito

I'm really not comfortable with that list. Something's wrong with it somewhere.
In post 1199, Iecerint wrote:I am an idiot. You being roleblocked could indeed account for it, and is probably what happened because you claimed "confirmable at night" or something yesterday.

Venmar is 1 room away from you, so you could only be blocked by someone at most 1 room away from you if I understand how the mechanics work. I think your logic that it is more likely to be someone in your room makes more sense, provided that the person in your room was capable of blocking you.

Room 5
xReckonerX
Prof Fridays
farside22
Kublai Khan

Room 4 <--- most likely because a block from outside would fail if she targeted a roommate, and talah would rationally target a roommate for that reason
BROseidon
Bulbazak
talah
Agar

Room 3
Venmar
Oversoul
GuyInFreezer
Papa Zito

I should mention that I clarified with the Mod D1 that geography could not cause my action to fail, so it's not the case that my lack of proximity to talah accounts for a null result.
Town reasoning here.
In post 1209, talah wrote:XD

I love that you're town.

My main problem with Venmar atm is that aside from the track no-result, his claim protecting Oversoul seems weak, and he's not dying for what - three nights now? And hey cool for town it seems. I don't get Oversoul as a protect.

He didn't mention why he didn't protect me, and his talking about it seems like he understands the best moves, but just didn't take it?

Why did BB die then? I mean he was partially suspecting me, he said let's not lynch Venmar *today*, and that's about it apart from saying KA was town. KA had a lot to say and frankly was not scumread by a huge amount of folks, so he must have been saying things of value. Unless you think Molla was somehow going to lynch scum? Or you think he wifommed vig hard enough? Egh...

To me it just seems like Molla was the vig target, especially considering the goo, which I think Pere raised as a possibility too. Roughly half the player list has wifommed vig at this point I reckon.

ed: stop ruining moments zMuffin
Why is he town?
In post 1235, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1189, TheIrishPope wrote:VOTE: AGar
Pretty convinced that he's hard tunneling low hanging fruit to look town.
It's your opinion that you are "low hanging fruit"?

Who are the low hanging fruits of this playerlist? You can present them in order of "ease of picking" if you like.
:)

Anyways, because of above post, and others like it, Bulb is strong town for me.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (isolation #17) » Fri May 02, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 1352, TheIrishPope wrote:Prof Fridays is probably scum now that I think about it.
Getting less negative vibes from P5.
I can get on the Iec wagon.
VOTE: Iece

Low hanging fruit comment, uh... not much to say about it, pretty obvious that i'm not the best around and I'm not too bad that the lynch would be obviously coming from scum but not too good that it's impossible to lynch me
hmm.
In post 1377, ZZZX wrote:
In post 1350, Oversoul wrote:
In post 1332, zoraster wrote:ZZZX replaces XReckonerX
this fucker

:/

Have we even played with each others?

Well I need alot of catch up, Can someone give me an idea of what is going on so far?
Yes ZZZX, you me, and TIP all played together in a game before. From what I remember it was abandoned by teh mod. (I can talk about abandoned games right? If not please tell me)

Lets see....
Here is generally what has happened in the last 50+ pages.
(In order hopefully)
1. I rolled a dice to pick a card. There was then lots of discussion about whether or not i could influence this. Mainly by aronis.
2. There was then lots of voting on aronis, for above reason. The questioning of the dice roll continues until ~page 6
3. Aronis doesn't really care about the wagon on himself, but votes eventually start coming off.
4. Votes start coming onto Tony PF
5. Oversoul made an offensive comment to farside, and votes started piling up on Oversoul
6. People start reading talah as scum, and also PZ, TIP, Venmar, and KA
7. Wagons start on PZ and Venmar
8.People make lists of bulletcatchers and scum reads
9. The game explodes with content every friday (watch out, last week there were 115 posts in 24 hours.)
10. Molla replaces in
11. Wagon on talah gets going
12. Muffin wants to kill everyone with this post (865)http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p5849451
13. Talah and Venmar are at 7 and 8 votes respectively
14. the qwints wagon gets started
15. With only a few hours left, qwints is pushed to lynch
16. Qwints flips a vanilla townie
17. Molla was killed by mafia (we think) and KA by a vig
18. Day 3's event is dia de los muertos
19. Blue goo discussion
20. Lots of debate about geography mechanic
21. Many claims, especially tracker ones
22. Papa Zito starts out with an early wagon on him
23. ZZZX joins the game
24. Iec is under speculation due to tracker claims
25. This post

There, in 25 points, that is most of the game.
Have fun catching up :) Its a Friday.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1408 (isolation #18) » Fri May 02, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 1396, Iecerint wrote:I

Basically I am having a hard time understanding anyone thinking that I am anything but obvtown, but at least 2 people seem to think that.
My interpretation: "Basically, I am having a hard time understanding why i am not obvtown. I did everything it says to do in this manual for scumz. I am starting to get worried that town is starting to catch on though."

This is the most scummy post I've seen in a while.

Not certain enough to jump on the bandwagon though, don't want a rapid lynch to happen.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1547 (isolation #19) » Mon May 05, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Huh.. this is interesting. Caught up, nothing good to say right now, except that I am leaning towards the all three trackers are town
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1858 (isolation #20) » Fri May 09, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Ugh. 250 posts of catchup. Expect a post from me in a little bit.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1875 (isolation #21) » Sat May 10, 2014 7:06 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 1694, AGar wrote:Somebody let me know when we pull our heads out of our collective asses and decide "Hey let's actually lynch the fucking scumbag."
In post 1703, Aronis wrote:
Throw cards at: Venmar

Rot in hell.
In post 1761, Venmar wrote:FYI, theory alert, I believe one of Zito and Oversoul are scum, guaranteed, if not both.

Why?

Molla was in their room and Molla died. I was also in said room. If Molla was shot in the same room as a claimed bodyguard, it would have to be someone close to Molla or someone close enough to me to block me, so a kill on Molla could be carried out in confidence.

My mind works in mysterious ways, piss off if you think i'm barking mad.
In post 1762, Venmar wrote:This theory of course makes it likely that I was the one blocked, not Talah, which makes Talah the lying tracker if Iece got a null on her when she claimed to have visit me.

Unless in the brief period I was inactive I missed intricate details about the actual night actions of Iece and AD.
Hmm... will post content soon, caught up though, and don't really see a good reason to vote either bulba or TIP
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2444 (isolation #22) » Wed May 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Reading through, will finish in the morning and try to get a post done then. You all left me with about 400 posts in 48 hours... so it may take a while
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2838 (isolation #23) » Fri May 30, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Wow, sorry everyone, am back now. Finals week is stressful, but now that it is the weekend i can focus on this game and make contributions.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2839 (isolation #24) » Fri May 30, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Going through the pages that were posted since site crash.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2842 (isolation #25) » Fri May 30, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

K, first of all, sorry for the wall of text. Also, language on my computer is set to spanish, so I am unable to find spelling mistakes.

As for the role claim, I would prefer not to do that, but will claim if pressured later on when my lynch is more immanent.

This is the nom pile right:
AD, magus, tip, agar, me, and cherry dog.
In post 2715, Oversoul wrote:md for scums
Why?

In post 2716, Magua wrote:
In post 2684, talah wrote:Two full-role trackers isn't a thing. Iec is town. I'm have a little re-read of today's events too.

Unrelatedly, I fully and completely believe talah's adjusting investigator claim because holy shit zoraster is proud of that role and has used it before.
Good to know.
(To Cheery)

show how you expect any Cry Wolf investigation result to be useful especially given scum will lie about what they received.

Black Light doing something with the goo is a very good guess (eg, identify everyone who has goo?) However, I'm not sure of the usefulness of this, given that we know(?) there's two types of goo and that Nacho didn't have any goo when he died. So I'm going for Always On, because holy shit I think that's powerful mojo, but I understand that
recluses
hermits
Oversoul
disagree. Still, Cry_Wolf is just objectively terrible.
[/quote]

Hopefully this quote isn't messed up. I think that AO is pretty null. Town can confide their roles in others that they trust, but if one of our town reads is scum, then they have a huge advantage with this.

In post 2732, farside22 wrote:I'm back! Ms is back! Yah!!!!
I'm looking mostly at nemomic or tip for today's lynch.
Why?
Nevermind. just why tip?

In post 2747, Iecerint wrote:Oh, I forgot about the nomination mechanic today. That makes AD a pretty OK lynch, though I don't remember all the other options offhand
(i.e., he beats the ones I can remember, which are just Magua without looking back tbh).

Uh, I know Dan couldn't come to MoS's meet due to "finals or something." So that may be an excuse AD might give.
How is bold town speaking? He gives a reason, but then backs out of it by saying that he didn't remember any of the other canidates.

In post 2757, Metal Sonic wrote:VOTE: tip

How many of you have played with tip before
I have.
In post 2777, talah wrote:mnem.
Talah.
In post 2794, talah wrote:Yah. Mnemonic.
Yeah Talah? Why me?
In post 2797, Juls wrote:Well, the sticker giver is a "special action" so....he better have a good claim
In post 2804, Brian Skies wrote:I support this wagon.

Vote: MnemonicDevice
What is this sticker-giver person? Is it basically a vig blocker?

Also, the flash wagon on me is interesting.

Secondly, here are my feelings about the noms in general:
AD: Not really sure how I feel here. Still kind of feeling like all three tracker claims are town, especially if talah isn't actually a tracker.
magus: In town pile.
tip: I dunno, will reread in a moment.
agar: I don't really like him. Most scummy of the three that i remember in my opinion.
cherry dog: Need to re-read him too
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2845 (isolation #26) » Fri May 30, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Also, I submitted black light and two split universe cards.

Submitted black light for two reasons. One, to find out whether or not it has anything to do with my role, and two, it says that it is generally town positive, which is good.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2846 (isolation #27) » Fri May 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

1. Rhetorical question
2. ok, i just don't see why town wouldn't go back and check
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2847 (isolation #28) » Fri May 30, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 2843, talah wrote:Because I got a result on you which is "special action" and you haven't posted since day start till just now. Juls mentioned the sticker giver role prior to me outing who I got the result on (although if you'd been reading along since Day start and just choosing not to post, as you seem to imply by saying you only have to catch up on events "since the crash", you'd know this).

So now it's out that I have a result on you, and you need to claim your action.
Whoops, missed Juls's post. I guess I can give my action, although I don't know how much help it gives town. I am avoiding posting it until we know better what goo does, or I am pushed nearer to lynch, so that way it doesn't give an advantage to scum if they know what the goo does.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2940 (isolation #29) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:19 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Okay... since it looks like this wagon is continuing... My role is a cop with Goo Gone. Anyone who visits me, or who I visit has a 50% chance of having their goo removed, in addition to my investigation. However if I visit an original goo, my goo gone no longer works, and I have that color goo on me.
I would have really prefered to wait until black light day to reveal the goo gone, and a little bit longer before I revealed the cop, so that way I would have more information, if it deals with goo at all. In this way if the goo was something helpful to the mafia, then I would remove as much of an advantage to their side as possible.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3034 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:57 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Sorry. Last day of finals. Will fix everyone's problems tonight.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3094 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 3048, Aronis wrote:VOTE: mnemonic device

He is obviously avoiding answering questions. He should be killed immediately. He's just going to prod dodge until deadline otherwise.
Nope.
In post 3065, Aronis wrote:
In post 3034, mnemonicdevice wrote:Sorry. Last day of finals. Will fix everyone's problems tonight.
And he still hasn't shown up. Just wait. His next excuse will be that he lives in Australia.
#StillNope
I live in the US. My excuses are over unless i start dying. In which case, I will replace out.

My targets last night were Aronis and Oversoul. Aronis because I want a reason to get him killed besides him being irritating, but (unfortunately) turned up town, and Oversoul, because he was a random last-minute pick because I forgot to submit two when I first submitted my action. He too turned up town.

Any other questions?
I should be online for the next hour or so and can respond in real-time.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3095 (isolation #32) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

EBWOP: wow a lot of people just posted.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3102 (isolation #33) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

[quote="In post 3099, Magua"]
Followup question: Upon entering the game, with no information other than that there is someone at L-2, why did you vote them? Srs question, would like actual answer. You say "You want to make the most of this
because
before
the day ends," but that would seem to be actually the exact opposite of your action.
[quote]
Also, this
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3103 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

K. N1 I targeted talah. She was in no danger of lynch day 2, I didn't feel like revealing myself yet.
Whoops, other post is missformated and meant to happen after this one
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3105 (isolation #35) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 3094, mnemonicdevice wrote:I live in the US. My excuses are over unless i start dying. In which case, I will replace out.
Dying in the meat world.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”