Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

^I'd like the answer to this as well. I have other stuff but my internet exploded and phoneposting is hard.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:41 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Welp. Internet down till the morning so I'll just spew everything without quotes.

Did ffery express suspicion of Varsoon in the neighborhood before the day started?

@Varsoon: While I can sort of see you thinking it was a good idea to claim in your neighborhood (even though it's almost always not a good idea) based on the way the role PM's are written and formatted, I find it unlikely you thought you had a masonry depending on the size of your neighborhood (even in a game of this size). I'm also not fond of your reactions to ffery and cephrir. You claim they pushed an honest mistake against you, but you were the one who struck first by voting for ffery and ceph seemed to vote you in defense of her. It actually seemed as though they were looking in other directions before pushing you. I'm also confused by the distinction you make between your ffery scumread and ceph townread. Ceph gets to be town for pushing his suspicions of you from the neighborhood, yet you complain earlier that ffery wasn't giving you room to show you were town earlier (despite not even voting you). You actually spitfire a bunch of reasoning of her being scum without considering she might have a valid reason to suspect you. What is your read of Orci, who's been voting you and indirectly trying to lynch you from the get go?

Regarding ffery, I find her general reaction and handling of the Varsoon wagon similar to the way she interacted with my wagon when I opened a game up with a miller claim. This is also a stronger entrance than I've seen from her in recent games and may be a result of the Varsoon interactions. I'm leaning town on her right now. While I'm not comfortable with my read on Ceph, I did like his initial reaction when he voted Varsoon. It looked like a minor town-motivated chainsaw of ffery to me.

I do like Orci's early posting even if I don't agree with his scumread. While I can see the issue with Bpc avoiding stating an opinion on Varsoon, some people tend to be more conservative and it isn't always good to tunnel on the main attraction in thread. I have a minor townread on Orci's early contribution and am hoping he doesn't disappear later. Orci also points out something about Bpc indicating a not-scumread on notty based on a comment on a flubber vote and am wondering if he meant a not-scumread on flubber instead.

I'm interested in hearing more from Ssk's concerns of Orci because I feel as though Orci's been making his Bpc concerns explicit since he startd voting for him.The Notty vote feels like a lazy distraction from things related to Varsoon. On that note, I couldn't care less about what happens to Notty's slot. It's a poor distraction from the Varsoon wagon and if he's town he needs to knock that shit off. I'd policy lynch him if I had to.

While I like Mara's opening question regarding the size of the neighborhood because I might share a similar line of thinking, I'm intetested in some of her reads on players that haven't really posted much in game (I think those are reads?). I'm also interested in what appears to be a scumread of Cabd because I think he's town. The setup spec doesn't seem scum-motivated from what I can tell and there's this aura of enthusiasm that's giving me good vibes. On that note, is Cabd voting Varsoon? If not, why aren't you when you seemed to put decent meta-related reasons in thread to suspect him?

Not a fan of STD but it's mostly a weak gutread.

VOTE: varsoon

I'll catch up again when I have internet.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:46 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 277, Ms Marangal wrote:
In post 276, purple hero wrote:Its a read list, yes. that is where my gut takes me, atm and as far as cabd goes, if hes town and wants to be read as town, he can go and earn it. set-up spec is null, coming from him

In post 278, Ms Marangal wrote:I feel like you are playing devils advocate, though Brian.

I do believe the way Cabd does set-up spec is alignment indicative. How am I playing devils advocate (and if I am, I don't see how it's different from how I normally play)?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:04 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 279, Varsoon wrote:I think it's weird that you're upholding Ffery's play as town -because- of how your miller claim was treated in a game where she was town.
Like, as if a player like Ffery would have some huge glaring difference between their town and scum interaction with an early questionable claim.
Also, my 'spitfite' of accusations is mostly me pointing out how Ffery's using typical scummy dismissive rhetoric to perpetuate her points as the valid ones and mine as inane.
Which was, in turn, scoffed at.

Why can't I compare her reactions here to that game when her approach to wagons on early super-scummy people are similar?

In post 280, Varsoon wrote:I -already- laid out why I read Cephrir and Ffery differently, man.

I may have misinterpreted the distinctions based on the rapid timing of the posts. D:
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:14 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 300, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 275, Brian Skies wrote: Orci also points out something about Bpc indicating a not-scumread on notty based on a comment on a flubber vote and am wondering if he meant a not-scumread on flubber instead.

I think you mean post 192 but that’s me saying that flubber indicated a notscumread on bpc. Not sure what you mean?
In post 275, Brian Skies wrote:
I'm intetested in some of her reads on players that haven't really posted much in game (I think those are reads?).

Not completely sure if I should be drawing attention to this but this is weird I guess?

VOTE: mara

Yeah, that's what I assumed. But you said notsci, so I was wondering if you messed up the names or had some deeper underlying argument that I wasn't getting.

I don't really think it's that weird from Mara, but notable and interesting considering Honeybee had all of one confirmation post up to that point.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 306, SMP wrote:I'm not sure why Varsoon would be so excited for his roles as town, especially so excited as to post them in a neighborhood without completely reading the roll card. For you to have any power it requires a member of your neighborhood to die, which then gains you a semi-random ability, since most people aren't going to reveal their roll in the neighbor chat.

As a sort of an add-on to this, if there's scum in his neighborhood, they'd know how his role works and what role he'd receive, affecting how valuable of a NK he is to them. So yeah, doesn't really seem like a smart play for town.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 301, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 192, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 174, Flubbernugget wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about orc's scumread yet.

actually it feels like you know exactly how you feel about my scumread

at least this
In post 156, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 151, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:VOTE: bipolarchemist

How is bipolor anything less than null right now?

seems to imply you have a read on notsci and that it isn't scum

care to explain?

Yeah you changed my opinion.

I feel like you avoided saying much of anything here by just weakly sheeping Orci. :?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 319, Cephrir wrote:
In post 247, Cabd wrote:CO notes:
Spoiler:
Once one learns the game, the "broken" commanding officers are:
Grit
Colin
Kanbei
Sami
Sensei
Hachi

Any of those are immediate pick-bans in competitive play, and even within the game for a casual player are 99.99% of the time a go to pick. They all have super broken CO powers and stats.

Large CO meters that if town we need to be funneling power to would be:

Eagle
Von Bolt
Strum
Hawke
Isabella
Caulder

I would be shocked if the former list had any bearing on the game. I think we're living in flavor land here.

I actually scoffed at that part of the setup spec based on my own impressions of the setup design. But for all intensive purposes, I'm pretending this is probably the case here.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:08 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 388, Cephrir wrote:
In post 359, purple hero wrote:yeah, fuck you to orci.

Ceph, larger hoods are more likely to have scum hidden inside of them, and would be willing to treat anything three or less as masons

That seems imprudent.

Only if you think Nati is likely to include a 4+ member masonry in his game.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 399, Cephrir wrote:P-edit: Oh of course he'd try to play me if he's scum. I would be disappointed if he didn't! He's not trying very hard if so though, since I don't feel particularly pandered to at this point. Heck, he's not even agreeing with me (re: Varsoon).

This isn't Survivor.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 411, fferyllt wrote:I have a more or less stock reaction to people claiming miller, all things being equal. I am having trouble seeing my reaction to Varsoon which is not even slightly how I feel toward rvs-period miller claims, reminds Brian of the On A Boat game we played where he was miller.

It has to do with the way you acknowledged my claim was scummy but didn't immediately jump on me. You acknowledged I could still be town and gave me some room to breathe. You were also the one person who changed your vote off of me at the end of that Day 1, despite not actually fighting for me in any way.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:58 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 412, Ms Marangal wrote:
In post 396, BipolarChemist wrote:You, I feel like you have been stating mostly the obvious so far. You sound madish at Cabd, but how are your feelings on him thus far?

Mad? no, but I want him, not whatevertheufuckitisheisplanningbehindthread

What could he be planning that's scum-motivated? The only thing I see so far is him taking advantage of game-specific CO rules and protecting people from outing information they shouldn't be. There's some other flavor-related stuff but that doesn't seem alignment indicative of him for me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 470, Save The Dragons wrote:Brian if you feel Cabd's setup spec can be alignment indicative, remind me: you are town reading him, yes?

Yeah. Is there more to this or are you just dropping another empty question in thread?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 476, Save The Dragons wrote:Saki and Konowa have barely posted so I don't understand putting them so high.

My impression of that list wasn't that of townreads, but of people he'd like to see being town this game ("solid town candidates").

In post 476, Save The Dragons wrote:His accusation of me trying to get people to vote Varsoon for some reason concerns me. I don't know if it's a poor attempt to attack me or if I should just get over myself but it's grossly incorrect.

:/
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 492, Cabd wrote:There's basically negative percentage points that we don't lynch varsoon today so if he's town he ought to be doing his absolute damndest to make up for this by actively getting data into the thread. But he's not.

Oh, you mean like me from Xenosaga where I almost got lynched on page 5 or something?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 531, Cephrir wrote:
In post 520, Brian Skies wrote:

Ceph, larger hoods are more likely to have scum hidden inside of them, and would be willing to treat anything three or less as masons

That seems imprudent.

You appear to have missed the point

Probably. I'm not even sure what you're saying.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 539, Save The Dragons wrote:Are my intentions with every post really that unclear?

I'm wondering if I'm having trouble reading Cabd or if I'm legitimately on the right path. I don't know if many people have blatantly expressed a town read of Cabd but as I recalled you did.

And seriously what other questions have I dropped that have been empty? Much of what I've done has been to try and determine someone's alignment.

If you're town, then yes, your intentions are very unclear. I don't see how the questions you ask help you determine anyone's alignment and I feel like you're either reading a different game than me or don't know how to proceed. Your contributions also feel more reactionary than you actually going out and looking to help sort people. I also don't like the way you seem to be playing the "let's be friends" card on Ceph.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 542, Cephrir wrote:It looked like a town list to me

The top part did.

The bottom just looked like a list of players with little to no content (and that's even with my long phone post up to that point).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 553, Cephrir wrote:
In post 548, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 531, Cephrir wrote:
In post 520, Brian Skies wrote:

That seems imprudent.

You appear to have missed the point

Probably. I'm not even sure what you're saying.

Treating small neighborhoods as masonries is still stupid

Not that this is even relevant

I agree. But I thought we were trying to delve into whether or not Varsoon thought he was a part of one?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 557, Cephrir wrote:I find it very difficult to accept that anyone thought a masonry was more than three players.

Which is still not even the thrust of it.

The key points are the ones orc is repeating. Pay attention to those, and realize the truth.

I'm confused. Do you know where my vote is?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 545, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 541, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 476, Save The Dragons wrote:His accusation of me trying to get people to vote Varsoon for some reason concerns me. I don't know if it's a poor attempt to attack me or if I should just get over myself but it's grossly incorrect.

Elaborate.

In post 437, Cabd wrote:Dragons, PSA just for you because you keep harping on people not voting varsoon:

THIS DAY IS MORE THAN JUST ABOUT SPEEDLYNCHING VARSOON THERE ARE 20 OTHER SLOTS

Hell, ABR hasn't even posted yet! And gogurts said in the signups thread that he's out of town!

He didn't say you were trying to get Varsoon lynched. He was responding to you harping about people not voting Varsoon.

While I think his accusation of Mara is a little strong, I am a little concerned with Mara's Cabd read, and I'm not surprised he'd push there. In short, I think you're misinterpreting his post(s) and/or being led astray by the confidence of an egotistical player.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 560, Cephrir wrote:Then why are we even talking about this

I dunno. You're the one talking to me as though I'm defending Varsoon (which I'm not).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

It just looks like a misinterpretation from both sides. But I don't see Cabd accusing you of trying to lynch Varsoon. And post 477 doesn't seem specifically directed at you.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1240 (isolation #24) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:48 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Your only saving grace is that it is indeed still a Hugh.

VOTE: Grapes
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1246 (isolation #25) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:58 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1234, fferyllt wrote:It is weird. I'm trying to figure out if it's scummy.

He's been town in every one of the games we've played. My recollection of his play has been that he's kind of a curmudgeony nonentity who gets run up and lynched on day 1.

As scum, he's more out there, I think.

Cabd replaced into a scum team ABR was on in a game a few months ago. I want to see what he thinks.

And there's this: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32183

Interesting article. I might read it later. However, my general impression of ABR has always been that he's more proactive. Maybe you just tend to get the shitty ABR in your games.

State Farm Mafia 2 - Town. Painful game laden with walls of text. ABR was a large contributor to both the content and the pain.
Darkness Within - Town. Large contributor.
Georgetown II- Scumfuck. Wasn't really around much myself, but ABR's contribution in this game was concerning.
Brian's Flavorless Mini - Town neighborisor. The game was pretty fast paced but I felt he made a lot of wagons and got his pushes in.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1248 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:00 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1243, SMP wrote:
In post 1240, Brian Skies wrote:Your only saving grace is that it is indeed still a Hugh.

VOTE: Grapes

Is there something I'm missing with Grapes?

I don't think so.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1249 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:00 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Why not?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1251 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:03 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I fail to see why that's an issue.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1254 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:06 am

Post by Brian Skies »

It's not wasted pressure. :/

Grapes will have to catch up eventually and the day's barely started. And other things.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1586 (isolation #30) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1278, Honey bee wrote:What are your reads.

How much detail would you like? No words, some words, or 'ermahgawd my eyes are bleeding?'
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1588 (isolation #31) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Muffin comes to mind.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1592 (isolation #32) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:11 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1444, Cephrir wrote:I hate VCA, but if someone wants to do it, who cares?

It's possible she's worried about how terrible her Varsoon vote/reasoning is.

Also, feel free to defend STD. He's been bleeding town and I dunno why I was paranoid about him earlier.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1594 (isolation #33) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1492, Honey bee wrote:I'm just going to say that mara wanting town read me is more indicative that she has unawareness of the game state in general unlike scum's knowledge, and I really really want to keep her alive as long as possible.

Uh, what?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1595 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1513, wgeurts wrote:We should all claim our CO name, knowing all names could allow flavour analysis allowing us to guess role types and alignment. This would only work if (nearly) everyone agrees to claim. I know this would also provide the scum info however the doctors in the game would get the same. It's just a thought at the moment and I'm thinking of the scenarios which could follow a mass-claim.

No.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1596 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1562, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Oh fuck wait

Wait

Everyone who is in a neighborhood with Cabd, under pain of death IRL do not lie about anything in this thread. Do not withhold info.

Does it count as lying if they just don't share anything from that neighborhood?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1597 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1564, Save The Dragons wrote:My concern about wgeurts is that his stream of posts is almost too zany to come from scum.

They're pretty bad and it looks like he's softing information he shouldn't be. I wonder why, after seeing Varsoon getting lynched for outting neighborhood sensitive information, he's doing it here.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1598 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1589, MafiaSSK wrote:I'll say it. The Lynx wagon is crap.

I've been burned by one too many lurkscum in recent games. I have no qualms with this wagon. If, on the other hand, you have reason to believe it could be on town or someone else is more worthy of being lynched, don't hesitate to share your concerns.

For the record, I will not listen to (or even consider) a townread on a player who spends most of their time hiding in their neighborhood instead of posting in the game thread. That's what scum do.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1600 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Maybe I haven't experienced the same torture and humiliation as the rest of you, but I have a townread on Cabd. I do find your paranoia entertaining, though.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1602 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

What're your thoughts on Boo?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1603 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Notty, why aren't you obvtown yet?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1605 (isolation #41) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Oh, that actually makes a lot of sense. Carry on.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1626 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1610, notscience wrote:I was going to carry on with or without your blessing

You have fun with that. Let me know when you feel like being helpful.

[img size=300,300]http://media.tumblr.com/1f80478abc37e8a ... qz4rgp.gif[/img]
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1627 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Fuck it. Not worth fixing.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1628 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:08 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1607, Flubbernugget wrote:Wegruts is town and I think it should be left at that unless someone can meta him.

The disintegration of your wagon is proof town is unworthy of having nice things.

This is a weird position for you to have. Care to explain?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1696 (isolation #45) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1638, Bookitty wrote:
In post 1585, SMP wrote:It tries to ride the wave of the previous votes.
I think star points are important. I don't think they trump getting the right lynch, though. Lynx's vote looked to me as if he was just doing it for the star points (I think he actually references that in his unvote post). To me, that doesn't necessarily make him scum (see STD's late vote on Varsoon, and I'm currently reading him as town) but I can easily see how others would think it merited a vote. Your quoted answer seems to touch on this tangentially, so why would you think the wagon was so inexplicable?

So you think a desire to use one's ability merits opportunism and general lack of anything that may resemble scumhunting/actual contribution to the thread?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1698 (isolation #46) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:45 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1639, Honey bee wrote:I'm just remembering how you played in that newbie game and you aren't looking spectacular in comparison.

In what way? Also, my effort/play is variable enough that I don't think holding me to some standard will help you very much.

It's pretty obvious you and Mara probably share a neighborhood. So unless it's role-related, I don't see why you can't just explain your read there.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1701 (isolation #47) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:46 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1640, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 1636, Cephrir wrote:Doesn't Nati dislike cops? Or do I just think that because I like her as a mod and am assuming my own views onto her.

Yeah, Nat hates cops, she thinks they're way too OP.

I don't know about cops, but I know he loathes hiders because they don't allow the scumteam any way to outplay the ability.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1702 (isolation #48) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:48 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1699, Bookitty wrote:Did you read what I wrote at ALL? You even quoted it.

I did read it. You acknowledged what he did but you don't think it's scummy. I outlined the difference in why I thought it was scummy.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1704 (isolation #49) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1703, Bookitty wrote:Here's what you said. It doesn't have to do with why you thought it was scummy. It has to do with misrepping a position that you actually quoted. Why did you do that?

I'm not misrepping you. I literally said he was being opportunistic and not contributing to the thread. You were the one who acknowledged as such ("looked to me as if he was just doing it for the star points") and you were the one who said it didn't look scummy.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1705 (isolation #50) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:00 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Well, didn't make him scum would be more accurate.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1709 (isolation #51) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:06 am

Post by Brian Skies »

To make it more understandable and less pointed for you, why don't you think it makes him scummy?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1710 (isolation #52) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Brian Skies »

To me, it just seems like a weak reason to justify his actions (and/or lack thereof for that matter).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1714 (isolation #53) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1674, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I read STD as town. What does everyone think about honeybee this game?

Null. I've been burned by her before and aside from hiding behind her Mara townread, she isn't actually doing that much.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1716 (isolation #54) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1711, Bookitty wrote:I didn't say that. I said it didn't make him scum. I don't think STD is scum, and he admitted to voting Varsoon for star points. I don't know if Lynx is scum or not, but he's not confirmed scum because he admits to wanting star points.

Again, what is your point with this? Why aren't you questioning SMP, who doesn't even know why anyone would vote Lynx in the first place? Or questioning Lynx or even STD directly, since you think their actions are scummy?

I'm still catching up. There's nothing to ask Lynx or STD because neither of them contribute any original thought to the game.

There is an ineffable difference between STD and Lynx because STD didn't want to lynch Varsoon. He only joined the wagon because that was the only wagon going through that day and there were enough people townreading STD that people wanted him on the wagon. Lynx just joined the wagon because "lol, I want stahr points." And Lynx did the same thing again today.

I also find it strange that a person who would make a big deal over Varsoon lying about some epiphany or whatever (he didn't because he explained his stance in 647, which no one including him pointing that out) would let this slide instead of jumping over it.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1718 (isolation #55) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:20 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Oh, sorry. I started reading my last post so I didn't see it.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1720 (isolation #56) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:22 am

Post by Brian Skies »

But that still doesn't answer my question and I never said you were justifying Lynx's actions.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1728 (isolation #57) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1721, Bookitty wrote:@Brian Skies: What did you mean by your , then, if you're not suggesting I was using a weak reason to justify his actions?

Can you clarify what you think now that you've actually read my post in context?

The context hasn't changed because your position hasn't changed. It was never a question (it was actually a pointed comment) and it's only a question now because you're responding to it.

I was expressing my distaste (there's a better word for this, but I can't think of it right now) of your post. You acknowledged what he was doing, but it didn't seem like you had any semblance of a scumread on him. Like you're fencesitting your position in the event the wagon doesn't actually take off.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1731 (isolation #58) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1681, Cheetory6 wrote:Can I get some reasoning on him being town?

In post 1613, wgeurts wrote:then a member of our hood get a mod message saying orcinus is town.

Not so much an argument for him being town. But I think this is a fair reason to at least consider looking elsewhere?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1733 (isolation #59) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:48 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1729, Bookitty wrote:Whatever, you said you didn't even read the first post which was the only reason I commented it.

Your first post is irrelevant anyways.

In post 1729, Bookitty wrote:Speaking of fence-sitting, why don't you give those reads?

Don't feel like it. And Honeybee never answered the question (and I'm not putting in more effort than I need to). The only reason I'm giving the choice to her is because I believe it actually makes a difference in her read on me based on prior experience with her. You don't even know me.

In post 1729, Bookitty wrote:while you made a pointed little comment about my vote on Varsoon, you voted him too.

Yes, I voted him because I thought he scumslipped into the wrong topic. And I thought he was full of shit with his "I think everyone in my hood is town."

The issue I have is the way you pushed the Varsoon wagon, making an argument about how he was concocting an epiphany based on taking a stance that was provided to him from you. He didn't because he already explained his stance regarding what information scum had in 647. But you acted as though you caught lying scum instead of actually trying to figure out his thought process.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1740 (isolation #60) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:20 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I find it mildly entertaining how you try to make other people look bad in relation to you. Your summary is a blatant misrepresentation of our exchange.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1742 (isolation #61) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:27 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1741, Bookitty wrote:Please, explain how I'm misrepresenting you using direct quotes, as I did.

Where have I misrepresented you? And how does your summary in any way reflect our exchange? This is just you throwing shade.

I'm okay with my vote. I don't think Cheetory's scum but I'm posturing my vote in three different ways right now. And he's not in any danger of getting lynched so I don't care.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1744 (isolation #62) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:38 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1743, Bookitty wrote:Phrased as a question. Can't be derived from anything I said. Obviously attempting to influence others to think I somehow implied that.

Uh, yes it can. I literally got that from you because you said you didn't think it made him scum after acknowledging he only voted for stahr points, which I explained later.

In post 1743, Bookitty wrote:
In post 1704, Brian Skies wrote:you were the one who said it didn't look scummy.

I didn't say that.

You're right. I realized my mistake and fixed it here.

In post 1743, Bookitty wrote:Again, I didn't say that. I said his wagon was justified. I didn't say anything about scummy or not scummy except that I thought his wagon was JUSTIFIED. That I understood why people were voting him. That I was okay with the wagon. Wow, I must really have not thought he was scummy, right?

Read my words.

In post 1743, Bookitty wrote:Meanwhile, your vote is sitting on someone you don't think is scum. So that's awesome too.

I dare you to try and make this a scumpoint for me. I guarantee you'll lose (I have meta on my side muahahahaha).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1758 (isolation #63) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1745, LynxKuroneko wrote:And why are people insisting I joined Varsoon's wagon? Is my name on there without my knowledge or something?

I dunno. Maybe because you acted as though you were in support of the wagon even though you never actually voted for it. I thought you were on the wagon and associated you with it, but apparently that wasn't the case.

In post 1745, LynxKuroneko wrote:What do you guys think are the odds of scum in a two-person hood given a game of this size? :/

If it's not a masonry, then there could be scum.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1948 (isolation #64) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:14 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1762, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:the more i read this game the more i think i'm being snowed by someone between ceph, fery, book, STD.

and i don't know who it is.

I currently have it in descending order of towniness as STD > Ceph >>> ffery >> Boo. I'll compile my thoughts on them later when I'm not feeling as tired.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1949 (isolation #65) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:21 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1780, Bookitty wrote:
In post 1483, Ms Marangal wrote:No, something happened to you last night and why should have clickdd if you were town

There's the soft-claim. I don't know anything about tracker except from wgeurts, and I don't understand what he's talking about or why his neighbourhood is apparently doing what Varsoon did and treating it as a masonry and bleeding information in all directions. I'm scared to ask about it too because of power-role issues and my fear that wgeurts is either being deliberately misled by town OR scum or that his neighbourhood actually agrees with him that a mass flavour-claim is an awesome idea.

This is why my vote is on wgeurts and why I want answers from him before ANYTHING else.

Anyway, I'm out for the night.

What does this have to do with your read on Honeybee?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1950 (isolation #66) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:37 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1795, Bookitty wrote:
In post 676, Honey bee wrote:I don't need starpoints. I'd rather have someone with better need for them on the wagon.

We've established that all factions have daytalk. (It's in the rules.) If HB was scum, she could have said this specifically to scumbuddies in their chat to greater benefit to that faction.

I don't really understand this point. Weren't people specifically asking for Honeybee to be on the Varsoon wagon? So why would she respond to her scumbuddies instead of the people townreading her in the thread?

Also,
In post 1795, Bookitty wrote:and she wanted reads from Brian Skies (again, I do too,
and his refusal to give them makes him look scummy in my eyes
).

:roll:
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (isolation #67) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:57 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1922, wgeurts wrote:Wait what has happened?
I was going to post my old mara case and now everyone hates her skin? I'll post my old case an read what I've missed, I was rather buisy the last few days. Can anyone sum up what happened?

If Mara was looking to get lynched and you were scumreading her, why do you feel the need to get your case in (and verify that you were already scumreading her)?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1952 (isolation #68) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:59 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1935, wgeurts wrote:
In post 1917, Konowa wrote:
unvote;
Vote: Ms Marangal

This looks bad
VOTE: Konowa
Really bad.

Also, can I get some developed thoughts from you or are you just gonna attack naked votes all game?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1953 (isolation #69) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:15 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1947, Cheetory6 wrote:
People who avoided voting for her entirely would be my best guess for scum at this point TBH.
I think trying to get a vote in this last minute would put people under more scrutiny, the kind that I don't think scum would find worth it. Don't really have time to look at who might be the best example of this right now, but you get the idea.

While I agree with you that there will probably be some scum that fit the bolded, I disagree with everything else. I don't think Mara has looked that great with her interactions with Orci and regardless of her alignment, I don't think scum would find issue with joining the wagon (especially for star points, which STD is guilty of mentioning when he joined the wagon, not that I'm scumreading him or anything :P).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1954 (isolation #70) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:17 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1594, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1492, Honey bee wrote:I'm just going to say that mara wanting town read me is more indicative that she has unawareness of the game state in general unlike scum's knowledge, and I really really want to keep her alive as long as possible.

Uh, what?

I apologize for being unclear, but I did want some sort of clarification to this statement. As in what unawareness seems unlike scum's knowledge and why you want to keep her alive as long as possible.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2208 (isolation #71) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:41 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I see the Albert wagon and all my townreads sitting on it. But I think you're all being distracted by Albert's chaotic playstyle.

VOTE: SMP
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2209 (isolation #72) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Also, whether you agree with him or not, I think the things he's saying regarding Mara are coming from a townie mindset.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2210 (isolation #73) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:46 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2146, fferyllt wrote:
In post 2143, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 2140, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Hey ns albert is scum come wagon him with me

Why is ABR scum for disputing that you're cop cleared?

Why is ABR scum for reasons other than that?

because he's trying to draw out someone to claim to be the amnesiac cop.

and that is what scum-ABR does.

Ffery loses townpoints for this post because that's not what Albert was doing.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2211 (isolation #74) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:46 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Not fixing it.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2212 (isolation #75) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2013, Honey bee wrote:Well, I guess the sensation I was getting was that your town game had more effort in it. You came into that game and made a lot of stances and I didn't get that feeling here. But cop claim/ your reads are developing more in thread I don't have those scum feelings for you anymore.

I don't really need to worry about my neighborhood atm? and I already explained it there lol.

I was pretty energized when I joined that game and I like to make reads lists (and throw all my thoughts in the thread) like those in smaller games (especially if I'm replacing in and already have access to a large amount of information and strong reads). Larger games are more chaotic for me because I only hold onto a handful of reads at a time. My effort level is also pretty random across my games.

I meant I don't see why you can't share your read on Mara ('there' as in Mara) in this thread, even if it's related to interactions in your neighborhood (except for role-related stuff, I'm not interested in that right now).

In post 2013, Honey bee wrote:Do I really have to explain? I just don't want my neighborhood to be reduced unless it has to all things considering.

When you make a weird claim like this that I can't track in thread, I'm going to ask you about it. And I'm going to bug you about it as long as I think it's important. You and Mara have been townreading each other for most of this game and I want to know about it (especially with the Mara suspicions that are still floating around).

In post 2013, Honey bee wrote:I agree, but I can tell you her role name doesn't match her claimed ability.

Nati's been a little creative with his setup design. Some of the stuff makes sense just based on the original theme. Other stuff seems to have been derived from a deeper understanding of story, gameplay, or wordplay (such as Varsoon's abilities).

It's possible she real-claimed her ability (especially if she was so certain Orci would be able to verify the star thing), but it doesn't make the role or usage town-motivated. Her logic of "Orci's scum because he shouldn't be scumreading me for using my ability on him even though he has no idea what I'm softing" was pretty bad and I still can't see it making any sense from a town mindset.

In post 2015, Honey bee wrote:the thing counts as a living player but is unvotable, which bothers the fuck out of me. and I think we should be considering avoiding putting people at l-1 on the chance that the tank will hammer it.

That's a pretty good strategy. It's also good to be wary of wagons Albert isn't already on because I've had experience with him quickhammering wagons (as town no less). The neotank being unvoteable is pretty much expected for me because Cabd included a similar mechanic in his Gerrymander game where the Social Media vote was unvoteable (and I think the mechanic here is similar to that).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2213 (isolation #76) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2024, Cabd wrote:
In post 2018, fferyllt wrote:my paranoia right now mostly centers on Cabd.

I can think of exactly 169 reasons not to be paranoid of me.

I can only think of one two. But hey, feel free to flaunt that confidence.

Also, why do you make it sound like I'm hard to read or something?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (isolation #77) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2213, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2024, Cabd wrote:
In post 2018, fferyllt wrote:my paranoia right now mostly centers on Cabd.

I can think of exactly 169 reasons not to be paranoid of me.

I can only think of
one
two. But hey, feel free to flaunt that confidence.

Also, why do you make it sound like I'm hard to read or something?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2215 (isolation #78) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:42 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2121, BipolarChemist wrote:In between these two posts, there was like no mention of Varsoon. You went from expected Varsoon to flip scum to hard defending him for the rest of the day. Where did this come from?

Mara didn't flip on Varsoon. In 736, she was talking about her scumread on Orci based on her 'replacement summary' tell.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2263 (isolation #79) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:20 am

Post by Brian Skies »

@ffery: Albert was arguing with Orci over his conftown status. He wasn't trying to draw out anything. I agree with him because the Orci resupt isn't verified and seems a little sketchy. Regardless, I still think Orci is town.

I read the discussion thread you provided earlier. I still think Alberts town. Why are you scumreading him?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2273 (isolation #80) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Result.

Did you look at the games I linked? He's generally proactive and he likes to bandwagon his scumreads.

I think you're way off with your Albert rolefishing concerns. You even admit the amnesiac cop is two layers removed and I think it's because you're making more out of it than what's actually there.

What are your other scumreads? You're not getting Albert and I'll whiteknight and chainsaw the hell out of him if I have to.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2279 (isolation #81) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Boo. I have townreads on both Albert and STD. Your propensity to scumread those who suspect you is mildly amusing.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2281 (isolation #82) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:48 am

Post by Brian Skies »

What are people's thoughts on SMP? I have a scumread on him and I feel like he's getting lost/forgotten in all this.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2285 (isolation #83) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2275, Bookitty wrote:I don't like that neither STD nor ABR have responded to my earlier questions. ABR obviously has an excuse given his real-life situation (-hugs- to ABR) but STD still needs to answer.

I'm pretty subject to OMGUS. But I'm pretty self aware and have gotten strong and accurate townreads on players that have suspected me.

So? The last time I checked I'm pretty close to being conftown. And you're just selectively griping over my refusal to give a reads list even though I don't see you bugging some other players about it.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2286 (isolation #84) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:56 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Ignore the quote.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2288 (isolation #85) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Brian Skies »

While I'm in support of the Lynx wagon, I frown on wagoning slots that can't claim or defend themselves. SMP has been lurking, summarizing the game, folowing popular consensus, and not offering any contributions to the thread in the form of opinions. Can I get more votes here please?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2290 (isolation #86) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:00 am

Post by Brian Skies »

For just people suspecting me? Who's suspecting me?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2292 (isolation #87) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:01 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Pretty sure I was acting like a smug jerk before the confton status. I think derailing the Albert wagon onto one of my scumreads counts as me helping town.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2299 (isolation #88) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2295, fferyllt wrote:Yes, it is two layers removed. So as scum, how do you dig for that? I think you do it by what ABR has done with orci. But, his behavior fits the narrative you're seeing and relating as well. I'm tempted to just bow to your meta experience, though what you've seen from town-ABR doesn't sound at all like what I've seen in the games he and I played.

I'm not scum, so I wouldn't know.

I'm not asking you to bow to me. But I do feel strongly against this wagon and I don't see any indication of Albert looking to rolefish in those interactions.

In post 2295, fferyllt wrote:Cheerstory inherited a horrible looking slot, and I'm reading along on the links orci is digging up.

Nonexistent, maybe. But nothing about that slot looks horrible to me. We're talking about a slot that managed to generate two completely non-alignment indicative posts in the short timespan it was in the game. And not everyone can handle the workload of playing with this playerlist.

I've generally liked (although not necessarily agreed with) most of the thoughts and observations Chewtoy has made since replacing in. I'm not confident in that read, but I do think he's town.

In post 2295, fferyllt wrote:Lynx looked terrible as well, but I'm going to sit on that and watch how her replacement develops.

Yes, I have that slot about in line with my SMP scumread. Although I'm not really interested in wagoning someone that isn't in this game anymore. Regarding SMP, I've seen people suspect SMP, but I'm curious as to why the wagon has never taken off. Nothing he's done looks town-indicative for me and if he's scum, I'm wondering if his buddies are just holding onto that read to make themselves look better down the line.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2303 (isolation #89) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:37 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2301, fferyllt wrote:Maybe so. It may be that there's just always something shinier happening in the thread. I feel like sometimes that's what happens with my also-ran scumreads that never quite bubble to the top of my concerns list.

I'm not going to put my vote back down until I've had some time to review.

Re the not wanting me to follow your read, meh. You're the one who threatened to whiteknight and chainsaw over it.

Shiny things are a thing and they do tend to pop up everywhere.

Yes, I feel strongly against this wagon. But that doesn't mean you have to bow down to me or my reasoning.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2305 (isolation #90) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:38 am

Post by Brian Skies »

One post complaining about the pace of the game.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2309 (isolation #91) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2306, Cheetory6 wrote:
Brian Skies wrote:Yes, I feel strongly against this wagon.

Is it just the meta reasoning that you feel strongly against in terms of the reasoning for it?

The meta is a contributing factor. But I think Albert's actions and thoughts are coming from a town mindset.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2311 (isolation #92) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:47 am

Post by Brian Skies »

When have I called myself conftown?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2315 (isolation #93) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:52 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2312, SMP wrote:
In post 2311, Brian Skies wrote:When have I called myself conftown?

I literally quoted 2 posts.

The first one I said I was close to conftown status, not conftown. The second one was me referring to the conftown treatment I got from the cop result.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2317 (isolation #94) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:54 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Not why I'm scumreading you, but sure.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2319 (isolation #95) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:58 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2318, SMP wrote:Ok. You aren't trying to put into everyone's mind that you're conftown?

Do I need to?

In post 2318, SMP wrote:I'd love to hear your reasons.

In post 2288, Brian Skies wrote:SMP has been lurking, summarizing the game, folowing popular consensus, and not offering any contributions to the thread in the form of opinions.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2326 (isolation #96) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:16 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2322, SMP wrote:You're certainly doing a good job at getting "conftown" and "Brian Skies" associated with each other.

I have a cop result claimed on me. Other people are treating it like it matters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ What's your point?

In post 2322, SMP wrote:Call it lurking all you want, but I don't have time to make a ton of posts. I'm just happy to get some time right now at work to get to post. I was summarizing and clarifying last nights actions because I think they're very important to how things roll out today and the rest of the game. Making sure I know exactly what was claimed and who actions were taken on only makes my reads better.

What popular consensus have I followed other than Varsoon? I haven't even placed a vote today. You're right though, I haven't posted too many opinions. I did just post my opinion that I don't trust Cabd's 1 shot cop though.

The lurking part is just a small piece of a bigger picture. The only opinions I've seen of you were from early Day 1 where you slid onto the Varsoon wagon. Everything else is weak summary and lack of scumhunting.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2772 (isolation #97) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2675, fferyllt wrote:
In post 2667, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I don't care about living until the end. My win condition is something different :)

So then you won't care if you're lynched today.

@Brian
, you owe me.

Probably. I still have no idea what's going on this game and my head hurts trying to figure out the scumteam when only half the players do anything outside of their neighborhoods.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2778 (isolation #98) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Oh hey. I might be confirmed town too.

Cabd and I aren't masons. Although, we've been acting like masons in effect because I suspect he has a mirrored informed town ability to mine (as in he's confirmed town to me and I reaction tested him at game start to see if he had the same ability).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2782 (isolation #99) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Vote: ABR

In case Nati decides not to count those earlier lynx votes since lynx doesn't exist in this game anymore.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2783 (isolation #100) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

It's fine. Wgeurts outted your role name earlier anyways.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2785 (isolation #101) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Don't out the last one. He's very important to us and I plan on using him later.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2787 (isolation #102) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Am I x?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2790 (isolation #103) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2780, Cabd wrote:and you crumbed the name of the ability as "trust fund"

You almost didn't even catch this. :lol:
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2792 (isolation #104) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Out of curiosity, is there a restriction to your bear or are you just a bear vendor of some sort?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2801 (isolation #105) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Is our townblock big enough to win yet?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2808 (isolation #106) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2805, notscience wrote:I really shouldn't be protected over Cabd and brian tbh

But if you survive to 30 stars, we win.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2826 (isolation #107) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I wonder how many 3p there are in this game.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2830 (isolation #108) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:16 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I never played the games, but is this how the storyline played out?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2850 (isolation #109) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:26 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Oh, Ffery lives in the same region as me. Now I don't feel lonely.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2989 (isolation #110) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:42 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2902, Natirasha wrote:I don't remember what it looked like!

Spoiler:
wgeurts(1): BipolarChemist
DedicatedScribe(11): Honey bee, Konowa, Cheetory6, orcinus_theoriginal, Cephrir, Hostile Intent, Bookitty, fferyllt, SMP, ABR x2
Flubbernugget(0):
Cephrir(0):
Save the Dragons(0):
BipolarChemist(0):
fferyllt(0):
MafiaSSK(0):
honey bee(0):
Cabd(0):
Hostile Intent(0):
Albert B. Rampage(2): notscience, Cabd
SMP(2): Brian Skies, MafiaSSK
Brian Skies(0):
Cheetory6(1): Save The Dragons
Bookitty(0):
orcinus_theoriginal(0):
Saki(0):
Konowa(0):
notscience(0):
Neotank Mk2(1): wgeurts
No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(5): Saki, Neotank Mk2, Flubbernugget, LynxKuroneko

With twenty-one alive, it takes eleven to lynch.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2990 (isolation #111) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:45 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2919, notscience wrote:Lynch ABR or flubber

I'm down for the latter. I wouldn't be surprised to see an Albert wagon, but the events at the end of Day 2 are weird enough that I'm extremely uncertain in my read there.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2992 (isolation #112) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:54 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2952, Cabd wrote:IMO if we're massclaiming, notsci, myself, skies pick the order, and we go by hood.

I think it'll be beneficial to massclaim if people have already been massclaiming in their hoods. Scum might have access to that information anyways.

Otherwise, just claiming membership is fine.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2993 (isolation #113) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:01 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Scum probably already know who [x] is. :roll:
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2994 (isolation #114) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:22 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Still extremely interested in the going-ons of the Honeybee neighborhood. I still suspect Mara-slot and the only thing that gives me pause is HI opening the game voting Lynx pretty hard.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3001 (isolation #115) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:25 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Paraphrase.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3002 (isolation #116) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:29 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2997, fferyllt wrote:
In post 2990, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2919, notscience wrote:Lynch ABR or flubber

I'm down for the latter. I wouldn't be surprised to see an Albert wagon, but the events at the end of Day 2 are weird enough that I'm extremely uncertain in my read there.

You think he lied about being 3rd party?

I wouldnt put it past him to lie about things as either alignment. I was convinced he was town yesterday but I find his claimed wincon suspect, especially in the face of Honeybees claim.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3003 (isolation #117) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:30 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I also have a light townread on konowas but I'd like to know why he's townreading Wgeurts.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3014 (isolation #118) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:22 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3004, fferyllt wrote:And your opinons of his post-hammer rolefishing?

As opposed to whom? I remember a few claims, and only one of them was in response to Albert (after we'd already expressed a desire to lynch him). It could have just been him looking for a good target to 'vig' (or whatever you want to call it).

Like I said, the thing that bothers me the most is him claiming his wincon unprompted (which makes little sense to me regardless of whatever alignment he might have) and his claimed wincon resembling (but not matching) Honeybee's. It's like Honeybee-lite.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3015 (isolation #119) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:23 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3009, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:i don't think i called it a bad lynch, if i did it was my mistake. i meant to say it was boring

You called it boring.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3018 (isolation #120) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:25 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Vote: MafiaSSK

As I waffle on what I want to do with Albert. The BPC (mostly related to his neighborhood relationship with Lynx) and Honeybee quotes look town to me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3020 (isolation #121) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:32 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2996, Honey bee wrote:
In post 2994, Brian Skies wrote:Still extremely interested in the going-ons of the Honeybee neighborhood. I still suspect Mara-slot and the only thing that gives me pause is HI opening the game voting Lynx pretty hard.

My neighborhood isn't particularly interesting, I've only used it to confirm my reads in thread. Mara was fairly convinced that our neighborhood wouldn't have scum in it with only 3 people in it, and orc and ffery also questioned that there was any neighborhood without scum in it (or that other neighborhoods were just as large as theirs). Our hood is the only other hood that can have larger than 4 though, so these posts would strike me as odd for scum. It would now too with lynx being in a neighborhood of 2. It doesn't strike me as something faked either, because it's a particularly obscure thing for scum to think of to fake. Idk if it sounds stupid to anyone but I'm fairly convinced I'm right.

I think lynx was meant to be an easy bus target with his ability to pass on his role partially. So the message I think was meant for just wifom purposes post flip. I really doubt that there's an amnesiac cop but I don't have a clue what the rest of the setup looks like. My vote right now is spiritually on abr for obvious reasons.

A lot of this doesn't make sense to me as to why you don't think her logic could have been faked. Was there a particular reason for her to townread all of you or did she just make the assumption based on the neighborhood size? Because overall, it just feels like an easy cop-out: "oh, I'm gonna avoid developing reads on my neighbors by pretending I think they're all town." I dunno. People treating neighborhoods as a masonry is one of the biggest problems I have with neighborhoods as a whole.

I agree with you that Lynx was probably a pretty good bus target. He wasn't playing exceptionally well either.

The amnesiac cop was probably just scum using his messenger ability (which is one of the roles Cabd and I were expecting it to be).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3021 (isolation #122) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:33 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3019, fferyllt wrote:
In post 3014, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 3004, fferyllt wrote:And your opinons of his post-hammer rolefishing?

As opposed to whom? I remember a few claims, and only one of them was in response to Albert (after we'd already expressed a desire to lynch him). It could have just been him looking for a good target to 'vig' (or whatever you want to call it).

Like I said, the thing that bothers me the most is him claiming his wincon unprompted (which makes little sense to me regardless of whatever alignment he might have) and his claimed wincon resembling (but not matching) Honeybee's. It's like Honeybee-lite.

No, I think he was rolefishing.

Brian, I don't know what prior experience with ABR has you interpreting his play the way you are, but it's making very little sense to me.

Well, maybe if you actually take a glance at the games I linked you a long time ago, it might make some sense to you. But from what I can tell, my experience with Albert greatly differs from other people's.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3022 (isolation #123) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:46 am

Post by Brian Skies »

State Farm Mafia 2: Don't remember much from him except giant walls of text. Don't remember him doing anything blatantly scummy in this game, but he did drive a lot of wagons.

Darkness Within: Albert rolefishing (much more blatantly) as town. He was pretty active in this game. I went on a week long V/LA or something and he tried to get a wagon going without me being there (although this might have been his response to the general activity in the game). He seemed pretty impatient at times as well. He also scumhunted predominantly by using bandwagons and reaction tests.

My Mini Normal: He was a town neighborizor who found the town tracker N1. He somehow turned my setup into a follow the tracker scenario while managing to withhold the tracker's identity from most of the playerlist (so much that he sacrificed one of his townreads to protect the tracker).

Georgetown II: Lurked as scum Day 1 (which went to deadline) and grudgevoted Slandaar. Didn't read much of the game after I replaced out.

I dunno. My general experience with Albert is that he's pretty active and he does unconventional things. I'd be more likely to lynch him if he were an inactive lurkfuck than whatever activity issue that has you concerned.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3024 (isolation #124) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I should probably reread Georgetown because that game did not play out the way I remember it.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3025 (isolation #125) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:52 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3023, Honey bee wrote:
In post 2354, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I haven't followed the last few pages but Bookitty wants to vote me now so I'll claim. My CO power at 4 stars is that I can vig.

In post 2821, Albert B. Rampage wrote:My wincon is to accumulate 12 stars.

This is what abr claimed. He's claiming a co power that goes against his wincon, and claiming an actual third party wincon rather than his co power is a second wincon like mine. It reads like a clumsy mirroring of my claim.

The clumsy mirror is what makes me most suspicious. And it makes me wonder if he had knowledge of what your ability was so he could. Did you ever claim your wincon in your hood prior to him claiming his?

But yeah, the vig ability seems contradictive.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3027 (isolation #126) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:04 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I forgot about that. :/ Doesn't look as damning as it did before.

Doesn't Albert ask what people are thinking of certain people this game? It kinda feels like a vig looking for direction to me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3028 (isolation #127) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:06 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Or maybe he just asked about Honeybee?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3032 (isolation #128) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:13 am

Post by Brian Skies »

My image is similar in that I picture him doing whatever he thinks will lead to his wincon, and the other players in the game are just in his way.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3034 (isolation #129) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:15 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Also, apparently, your Star Limit is your CO power requirement. So holding onto your stars for multiple actions in a night is a no-go.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3037 (isolation #130) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:18 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Albert does scummy things as town to support his scumgame.

@Orci: Yeah I know. But questions were asked because of 'reasons.'
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3041 (isolation #131) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:21 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I believe the main topic of my discussion with Nati was star hoarding.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3043 (isolation #132) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:25 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Lol. Albert benign.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3061 (isolation #133) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:49 am

Post by Brian Skies »

What do people think about the coexistence of a dayvig and nightvig?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3067 (isolation #134) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:56 am

Post by Brian Skies »

He declared a scumread on him.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3070 (isolation #135) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:01 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Albert had a declared scumread on chewtoy for most of day 2.

I think the ceph nk is really weird.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3074 (isolation #136) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:05 am

Post by Brian Skies »

You think Albert was trying to redirect town power?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3078 (isolation #137) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I would just like to point out that wgeurts has been very rolefishy this game. I personally would not care if he died but cabd might have qualms about it.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3083 (isolation #138) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:11 am

Post by Brian Skies »

That doesnt seem right. I thought he claimed dayvig day 1.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3086 (isolation #139) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:14 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Ceph likes to crumb his guns.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3088 (isolation #140) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Wgeurts, what are your reads?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3090 (isolation #141) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:46 am

Post by Brian Skies »

We claim last.

Why is it so important for everyone to claim?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3106 (isolation #142) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:40 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Bpc is likely town.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3113 (isolation #143) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Alternatively, bpc scum could just not use his ability except to rescue a homie from another hood. But yeah, I'm thinking along similar lines to you regarding bpc.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3119 (isolation #144) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:00 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Hes prod dodging because finals or something. But i would also like to see more from him.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3122 (isolation #145) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Im giving him some benefit of the doubt because flavor spec. But rolefishing is a thing for wgeurts scum.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3124 (isolation #146) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:12 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3122, Brian Skies wrote:Im giving him some benefit of the doubt because flavor spec. But rolefishing is a thing for wgeurts scum.

To clarify, im referring to him possibly trying to flavor spec, not me townreading him on flavor.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3132 (isolation #147) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

The Day should last 10 days. I agree that the massclaim shouldn't be a distraction, but as long as people aren't jerking around, it shouldn't take that long. And it's not like we can't do other things while we wait for it to happen.

@SMP: Cabd is confirmed town to me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3133 (isolation #148) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3125, Bookitty wrote:To role claim?

Why should you guys go first anyway? I mean, we have three more or less conftown and some strong townreads, why does he think you need to go first? (You=Brian/Cabd)?

I think it has to do with everyone at least partially claiming in our hood except me, which we did yesterday and I chose not to.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3150 (isolation #149) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Brian Skies »

If we're just claiming memberships and names, I don't think order matters. It would be nice if this process was expedited a bit.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3164 (isolation #150) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:23 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Green Earth

BPC - Drake
Lynx - Eagle

Yellow Comet

Konowa - Grimm
Bookitty - Sonja

ISD?

Notty - Penny
SMP? -
Flubber? -

????

Chewtoy - Greyfield

Black Hole

Albert - Sturm
SSK - Hawke
Varsoon - Jugger

Bolt Guard

Orci - Von Bolt
Ffery - Lash
Ceph - Flak

Blue Moon

Cabd - Colin
Brian - Sasha
STD - Olaf
Gogurts - Grit

Unclaimed (probably all one group?)

Honeybee
Hostile Intent
Saki

We should still more or less follow the proposed claiming order (or a variation of it) if/when we claim abilities because ability claims are still a thing.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3167 (isolation #151) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Shhhh.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3168 (isolation #152) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:28 am

Post by Brian Skies »

What connections between SMP and Lynx?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3170 (isolation #153) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Or a scum qt? >.>
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3172 (isolation #154) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Based on what? The affiliation is just your affiliation. Check Eagle's role PM. Unless you think Nati thought it'd be great to condemn a whole neighborhood to die based on a single flip.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3173 (isolation #155) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:37 am

Post by Brian Skies »

It just looks like "you're affiliated with this neighborhood [comma] and this faction."
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3177 (isolation #156) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Brian Skies »

SMP, who's in your neighborhood?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3178 (isolation #157) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3175, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:why would an all scum neighborhood die on a single flip?

The only all scum neighborhood I'm thinking of is a scum QT unless you think BPC's scummy, which I don't. Because I don't see any other indication of an all-scum neighborhood except for Eagle's role PM, which is just stating all affiliations a person has (i.e. neighborhood and alignment).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3180 (isolation #158) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:44 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Names?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3183 (isolation #159) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:47 am

Post by Brian Skies »

It's less 'just because he's in a neighborhood with lynx' than what he's been doing with his role. I don't see why scum would need to pretend to be townish in their neighborhood and risk recruiting another person into their neighborhood. I think it'd just be a lot easier to not recruit anyone and let their neighborhood fester. The only other option I see coming from scum BPC is recruiting his teammate out of another neighborhood, which then begs the question of your read on STD.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3185 (isolation #160) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Unless you think BPC is independently scummy or you have something more solid to backup your suspicion of an all-scum neighborhood, I don't understand why you're going down this route.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3187 (isolation #161) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:53 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3186, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:brian i don't see what BPC has to do with my read on STD

>.>

BPC attempted to recruit STD into his neighborhood twice. Scum probably already know this, which is why I'm making it obvious to you now.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3189 (isolation #162) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:56 am

Post by Brian Skies »

The part where he explains that he told Lynx who he recruited the first night and that he recruited the same person both times. If lynx wasn't completely useless and communicated with his teammates, they could probably put 2 and 2 together to figure out it's STD.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3191 (isolation #163) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:58 am

Post by Brian Skies »

The only other angle I can see from scum BPC is to consistently use their action on someone they know won't accept his invite. Using it on a scumbuddy would fit this scenario.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3215 (isolation #164) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Updated list:

Green Earth

BPC - Drake
:dead:
Lynx - Eagle

Yellow Comet

Konowa - Grimm
Bookitty - Sonja

Rejects
Otherworlders

Notty - Penny

SMP - Brenner
Flubber - Isabella
Chewtoy - Greyfield

Black Hole

Albert - Sturm
SSK - Hawke
Varsoon - Jugger

Orange Star

Honeybee - Hachi
Hostile Intent - Sami
Saki - Jake

Bolt Guard

Orci - Von Bolt
Ffery - Lash
Ceph - Flak

Blue Moon

Cabd - Colin
Brian - Sasha

STD - Olaf
Gogurts - Grit
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3216 (isolation #165) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I actually had three Days of Ruin characters on my submitted upick list and none of them made it into this game. :/
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3217 (isolation #166) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3202, notscience wrote:I'm still questioning why scum doublevoter would hammer his buddy like that

For stars, obviously. :roll:
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3218 (isolation #167) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3203, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:i don't wanna lynch abr right now can we do flubber/ssk

You're voting Albert and I was under the impression you thought the SSK votes were boring.

Going back to the neighborhood thing, I'm not discounting the possibility of an all-scum neighborhood. Do you think anyone here might fit that profile?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3222 (isolation #168) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I think a lot of maf tend to be boring lynches. I don't mind going Flubber's way either.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3254 (isolation #169) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Brian Skies »

<<<<<<<<<<<< Conftown.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3256 (isolation #170) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:44 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Only one on this wagon.

Also, being town /= being right.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3259 (isolation #171) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I'm not saying to disregard their words. But sheeping someone just because they're confirmed is silly.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3267 (isolation #172) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:11 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I don't think anyone can do Boo in 3 minutes.

1362 is a little interesting in relation to Flubber because I still have no idea what Flubber was going on about.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3280 (isolation #173) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:48 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Brian/Cabd/Notty conftown

You've got a lot of catching up to do. But I don't think you're that boned in comparison to some other players.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3283 (isolation #174) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:50 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Orci isn't very lynchable. Him and Ffery have some pseudo-mason status going on.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3289 (isolation #175) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:55 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Cabd and I are masons.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3294 (isolation #176) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:09 am

Post by Brian Skies »

My townreads on STD and Chewtoy both stem from their reactions to this post.

I don't have strong townreads. Just tolerating the existence of many of the players in this game.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3296 (isolation #177) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I think Wgeurts is more likely to be scum. But for specific reasons, he's currently not on the table today.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3331 (isolation #178) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:18 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I find it difficult to empathize with a person who isn't even in danger of being lynched.

I also don't know how people can just assume their neighborhood is all town. The lack of paranoia just baffles me.

I would consider it an achievement if I managed to get more posts than Ceph this game.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3446 (isolation #179) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:39 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Thank god for my Mason roll. I probably would have cried without it.

Sorry for my abrasive attitude earlier. I was just being smug about not getting mislynched this game.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3447 (isolation #180) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:40 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3443, Natirasha wrote:I distinctly skewed it towards the non-Days of Ruin COs(I apologize to Konowa and Brian Skies, in particular, that I had to stretch hard to get)

Also, I absolutely loved my character PM. I don't really know much about Advance Wars, I just thought the characters I picked would be fun to play.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3490 (isolation #181) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3461, fferyllt wrote:p-edit I don't think I got to pick a specific role?

Really? I thought Lash would have been a character you'd pick.

@Varsoon: Sorry I lynched you. But I'd like you to know I did use your wagon and interactions to help sort my reads. :(
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3494 (isolation #182) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:01 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In retrospect, you played pretty well under pressure. You just got unnecessary flak in the 48-72 hours it took to lynch you, especially considering how incriminating your mistake was. You still did scumhunting and I was pretty sure one of BPC, SMP, and Lynx was scum off your wagon (although the vast majority of us were town). I hope to play with you again in the future.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”