Mini 1630: Edgar Allan Poe uPick GAME OVER!

Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

Hi team

Orci here. I’ve always wanted to try this style of play and now is a great time to break it out. I’ll be posting only once or twice a day, and I will only post substantially. I’ve wanted to try this for a while to reduce my dependence on realtime interactions and it’s always fun to break up playing habits.

A few things to start the game. Firstly, we are a loverizer, meaning that we get to choose two people and make them lovers. We plan on using this on the two scummiest people somewhere down the line, so keep in mind that we have this option available. It’s basically a vig shot activated by a lynch in our opinion. We saw a lot of positive benefit in claiming early because 1) since we’re loverizing two scumreads we want input on that 2) it doesn’t really matter that scum know/don’t know about it 3) we might not even end up using it because of how swingy it will make the game.

Secondly, we have an ability to send a message to town after we die. I personally suspect that all townies have this ability and I just wanted to claim it first to get that sweet sweet towncred.

Also on the topic of towncred, we totally thought we were SK and were confused for a long while.

A few general remarks about this game. We have a shitton of hydrae, meaning that keeping the thread uncluttered and easy for people to catch up is a must (part of why I’m debuting this playstyle in this game specifically). Please don’t spam this game up.

Rule 4 is interesting because of the “don’t
talk
about any mod-received PMs” and the line about flavor. Take care.
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:25 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

Aside: 1-shot loverizer. Not full.

Also, hi guys

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:38 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 13, LynxKuroneko wrote:Good evening, happy new year, etc.

Just a fellow Morbid. Nothing to see here.

I'm not fond of hydrae. This could get messy.

I see we're doing the RVS thing! Whee!

Vote: copper223

I promise its not Omgus!

VOTE: LynxKuroneko

In post 17, Bookitty wrote:I am excited about this player list :)

We're excited for you, too!

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:39 am

Post by Policy Vote »

P.S. I'm a little disappointed this isn't 10 pages yet.
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:49 am

Post by Policy Vote »

Seems like a pretty easy fix, stop being scum and I'll stop voting you.

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:04 am

Post by Policy Vote »

Isn't that literally exactly what you said last game

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:39 am

Post by Policy Vote »

I don't see it in his iso; musta been one of the games I meta'd because I'm fairly certain I distinctly remember reading that from him.

I'll look at those again later.

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:44 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 42, LynxKuroneko wrote:Just going with the flow.

In what way is this true? What was the point of this post?

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 55, LynxKuroneko wrote:Pfft. Keep calling me scummy without substance behind the words. Makes you look great.

I, on the other hand...

Dear sweet lord you are so scummy. And yet.

Is there a no jester guarantee here?

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

Eh? This resembles his posting in lucky star exactly zero amount thus far, what are you on

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

Daily posting

In post 5, Krystal Bald wrote:

Policy Lynch wrote:Also on the topic of towncred, we totally thought we were SK and were confused for a long while.

*Rolls eyes*
You can express actual opinions, I allow it.

In post 27, Bookitty wrote:
In post 9, Faster Than Light wrote:
Is there a sample VT role pm?

Why did you want this, please?
how do you read this? Do you think FTL is scum for it?
I’m snapreading Bookitty as town

In post 27, Bookitty wrote:
In post 9, Faster Than Light wrote:
Is there a sample VT role pm?

Why did you want this, please?

In post 39, copper223 wrote:I also didn't find it and Kristal likely has a post restriction involving facial expressions, eyes in particular.
So I find it suspect that you choose to express this opinion and then not elaborate on anything ie you don’t ask Kristal any questions, you don’t say whether or not you find the act alignment indicative, you don’t really seem to be doing anything with that actual act, besides tossing out the idea that Kristal is pretending to have a restriction that she doesn’t have, so that’s scummy because you’re not trying to determine alignments

I’m actually townreading lynx because this doesn’t look like Advance Wars. Then again, nothing /really/ looks like advance wars

In post 54, copper223 wrote:Only use body language?
Oh gosh it continues!

I agree with all of TTH’s votes so far

In post 65, Medea the Alien wrote: PL gets no townpoints for that opening, he literally went down the "what makes morph townread something on the first post" list and checked every box as he went. Which seems too deliberate and targeted at me?
Hey so what you’re saying is that I wrote a super townie first post and it was too townie for you to townread?

Because that’s the sort of shitty excuse scum use to not townread me

And I’m not the biggest fan of you trying to look tryhard in a really coerced manner
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 34, Cabd wrote:oops i was asleep hi, this is egopost.

I'm also fairly certain this is a lie
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:13 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 61, LynxKuroneko wrote:I could easily call you scummy simply based on your baseless slandering. Try harder.

:|

Worth noting, I don't actually have a huge scumread on Lynx here. I was going to keep that to myself but I guess if orci is going to disagree with me openly then that pretty much relieves any pressure on him from our slot anyway. I think I'll be able to read Lynx eventually and am not actually that worried about it right now. Goddamn that guy is lynchbait and a half though, literally every post is prima facia scummy if I was a level zero player and all that

In post 65, Medea the Alien wrote:Well I was going to walk in here to yelll and ceph and reign orcinus back to the driver's seat but then lynx kept posting and ???

PL gets no townpoints for that opening, he literally went down the "what makes morph townread something on the first post" list and checked every box as he went. Which seems too deliberate and targeted at me?

P-edit: I expect some amusing walls in response from copper, now having played with him once and seeing his style.

I want to like this so badly

I don't know if I can though

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

Kthx, why is having a PR town? Even if it's real (it probably isn't), there is nothing preventing scum from having PRs.

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

(If you know the first thing about me you probably know that I will always and everywhere get grumpy about setup spec)
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

what the fuck is this shit.

-ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:31 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 94, copper223 wrote:
In post 64, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
In post 39, copper223 wrote:I also didn't find it and Kristal likely has a post restriction involving facial expressions, eyes in particular.

Lynx does seem pretty scummy though, did you roll Jester m'boy?

Let's talk about this for a second. Expound on the Lynx scumread.

-TTH

It's not a scumread, he seems to be trying to be scumread and I'm thinking about why he would do so.

He starts with: it's not OMGUS I promise (???), then an aTe about please stop voting me, then he hints PR with you will regret this and finally he avoids answering questions with random conments: I'm following the flow, he then went further with the PR hints.

He is either a very awkward scum player or something else is going on.

Policy lynch: you find it suspicious I'm trying to understand the setup? Lol. Why is Bookitty not suspicious as well?

I think Krystal is leaning town from her opening posts, the restriction means jack for her alignment and TTH should be the first to know it, this myth about restrictions being super powered PR's or scum is BS most of the time, so I'm judging her on what she says as you should, and meta reading lynx after what Ceph said was also my first reaction.

Above: copper not declaring that lynx is definitely a jester or scum and doing quite the reverse. Also there's a comment directed at us here but I don't recall saying something like that myself so I'll assume it's directed at orc.

In post 96, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
In post 93, copper223 wrote:
In post 59, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:copper, you drew scum again didn't you? :(

VOTE: copper

-TTH

No but I think you might have, it's just gut for now but that negative intro about giving no fucks pings me.

Drunken comments ping you now? Alright. :lol:

This looks like a lame excuse. Why not explain why what you said isn't scummy, rather than writing it off as "drunken" and apparently expecting copper to have somehow known that?
In post 97, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
In post 94, copper223 wrote:It's not a scumread, he seems to be trying to be scumread and I'm thinking about why he would do so.

From what I've heard, Jester as a role isn't really used and is mainly the stuff of lore now.

How does "I'm thinking about why he would do so" translate to "Jester 100%"?

In post 94, copper223 wrote:He starts with: it's not OMGUS I promise (???), then an aTe about please stop voting me, then he hints PR with you will regret this and finally he avoids answering questions with random conments: I'm following the flow, he then went further with the PR hints.

He is either a very awkward scum player or something else is going on.

How did you rule out him just being a a very awkward player just in general?

He didn't????

In post 94, copper223 wrote:I think Krystal is leaning town from her opening posts, the restriction means jack for her alignment and TTH should be the first to know it, this myth about restrictions being super powered PR's or scum is BS most of the time, so I'm judging her on what she says as you should, and meta reading lynx after what Ceph said was also my first reaction.

And you know the post restriction is real... how?

You say this like scum would necessarily know if a townie restriction was real or not?
In post 100, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
In post 98, copper223 wrote:I did the same in lucky star

Did I mention Lucky Star aside from the plain fact you drew scum? Ceph imposed the idea I was invoking meta for the read and I wasn't.

I was bringing up meta myself as a reason I didn't especially think he was scum, and also expressing surprise you didn't feel the same.
In post 101, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
In post 98, copper223 wrote:Your vote on me because I said the player I started the RVS on seemed scummy

Right, and the reasons you give for that range from him being scum to him being Jester (?) but don't include him just being awkward. There's a closed-mindedness about that which is scummy.

I'm gonna take issue with this. By your logic, I guess we should never suggest that anyone is scummy, because that would involve not considering the alternative? And I thought copper was leaving options pretty much open so it's also just bullshit?

In post 103, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
In post 5, Krystal Bald wrote:*Waves*

This was the first thing she posted. It clearly wasn't facial expressions, copper.

Is it completely ridiculous that he could have forgotten about that/not cared? Why are you being so condescending?

In post 110, copper223 wrote:On why it seems likely a true restriction to me; I had that tell (which if your interpretation of post consistency is correct is weaker than I believed), the setup which is about being stuck in a mad world and fake's idea about the silence poem which I interpreted as she may have chosen something from the silence poem to submit when asked for the three Poe connections.

If it's real, my thought is they had to make up their own restriction or something. I don't see ffery inventing this one. But eh, I don't know. Krystal, does your restriction go away at any point?

In post 112, LynxKuroneko wrote:I meant I was insane as part of general game flavor, and because I normally wouldn't want to be offed. I feel like my ability is mostly anti-town, therefore I'd be the best lynch D1 (and don't want to risk getting night killed, which ignores the better part of my ability). If you read my other games you'll see that I normally try to stay alive regardless.

Arguing whether we think a post restriction is real isn't going to solve problems right now. I'd rather we scrutinize whether that player is providing town support or not, pr or no.

If we have an investigative around its up to them to sort that out.

Okay, so... if you anted to be lynched, why didn't you just ask to be lynched, and claim your negative utility? And why aren't you claiming it now?

I'm very hesitant to intentionally lynch town D1 of a mini. We don't have that much room. I feel like it's probably not as bad as you think it is.

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:51 am

Post by Policy Vote »

You have stated that it exists.

Since you want to be lynched anyway, why not tell us exactly what it is?

Don't claim your postmortem whatever, I guess, but why do you want to be lynched, *exactly*?
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:24 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 137, LynxKuroneko wrote:How helpful is ability self-watch really? :\ I see that I was doctored, and then I wonder who it was. Then again I could use it to beat false claims, but that requires I be alive for some time and establish town cred.I say this route is better.

No matter how good your post lynch ability is, it's almost certainly not as good as having a warm town body. Which incidentally, is obviously something you are. Lynx is obvtown in case anyone hadn't realized that. At this point, I would rather you still around and try to help us out.

I have yet to see how you are possibly negative utility in any way.

Boo: I have no idea what you're talking about.

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #19) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:29 am

Post by Policy Vote »

Krystal, your more complex attempts at expression have me looking like an idiot as I try to imitate them and figure out what you're trying to say, but I still can't.

Lynx, just claim it if it's so great?

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:30 am

Post by Policy Vote »

Orci here again

Lynx has left a mass of random softclaims in this thread and I need him to be clearer about things. I did say to cephrir the other day that I’m townreading him though. I also believe krystal’s posting restriction and I think everyone trying to throw mud at it is stupid. Purloinedletter’s ghost thing is interesting. We can actually loverize them tonight if we end up scumreading them, which is an interesting and probably planned interaction.

In post 83, Medea the Alien wrote:
Missed this one. Tell me all about my sleepy nap habits, orci. I'm sure you know them better than I do! I definitely never wake up, post once or twice, then roll back over because I'm a lazy fucker! (Also my main didn't get a daystart PM I feel tier's pains)
wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

In post 97, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
From what I've heard, Jester as a role isn't really used and is mainly the stuff of lore now.

No, don’t rule it out

In post 113, LynxKuroneko wrote:Pretty much, and getting lynched lets me be helpful.
stuff like this makes me think lynx is a semi-jester with post-death abilities that can help town

Actually lynx, don’t claim for now, but answer these questions:
Do you recommend us lynching you day 1, or can we do it later?
Does your power only activate when you die by lynch?
How do you feel about being loverized with a scumread and dying that way later on?

A lynx policy/power-activate lynch today is silly and I’m not considering it

Hey bookitty you’re like not talking to me can we talk about things?

In post 94, copper223 wrote:Policy lynch: you find it suspicious I'm trying to understand the setup? Lol. Why is Bookitty not suspicious as well?
No, I find it suspicious that you’re throwing out shallow observations and not expounding on them to give reads. In fact, I said that right here:
In post 68, Policy Vote wrote:So I find it suspect that you choose to express this opinion and then not elaborate on anything ie you don’t ask Kristal any questions, you don’t say whether or not you find the act alignment indicative, you don’t really seem to be doing anything with that actual act, besides tossing out the idea that Kristal is pretending to have a restriction that she doesn’t have, so that’s scummy because you’re not trying to determine alignments

So if you want to explain why throwing out a disbelief of krystal's posting restriction is “understanding the setup” you can like do so? Because to me that's you accusing krystal of lying and giving an opinion, not any effort to "understand the setup" because that would also include receiving information, which I haven't seen you try to do. And before you accuse me of giving you preferential treatment I’m not liking anyone who’s doubting krystal’s post restriction right now. I don’t think krystal are scum, but I think the whole “oh yeah I don’t think they have a post restriction” is stupid because a) you’re accusing someone of lying which means a logical step in that progression is that they are scum but nobody as I’ve seen is actually scumreading krystal b) I have no idea why this doubt exists in the first place and nobody seems to be giving a reason why

We asked the mod about our alignment. I thought we were SK.

In post 136, Bookitty wrote:
In post 132, Faster Than Light wrote:Why nobody comment on purloined letter ghost status??

I don't know what you mean by this.
Then you’re not nearly as perceptive as I’d expect you to be

In post 153, Policy Vote wrote:Krystal, your more complex attempts at expression have me looking like an idiot as I try to imitate them and figure out what you're trying to say, but I still can't.

-ceph
I know exactly what you mean
but I also think it’s hilarious

Krystal, what do you think about tiershift?
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:58 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 168, Catastrophe wrote:@Policy: Why is Lynx obvtown again?

Have you read his posts?

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:07 am

Post by Policy Vote »

Am I the only one who keeps looking at Varsoon's vote as RVS?

Because it sounds like RVS to me

But at the same time 168 makes a catastrophe/ftl scumteam unlikely

pity
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (isolation #23) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Policy Vote »

VOTE: catastrophe

choo choo
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:15 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 170, Policy Vote wrote:Am I the only one who keeps looking at Varsoon's vote as RVS?

Because it sounds like RVS to me

But at the same time 168 makes a catastrophe/ftl scumteam unlikely

pity

In post 171, Policy Vote wrote:VOTE: catastrophe

choo choo

to those who can't tell this was the head that hasn't posted until now
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:20 am

Post by Policy Vote »

^I agree with that

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

Still refusing to believe it can possibly be good enough for this to be worth it.

Please just fullclaim so we can decide as a group.

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (isolation #27) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:15 am

Post by Policy Vote »

Popping in to say there may be a solution here that gets the best of both worlds.

Also, I mostly agree with the read lists that have been posted. I think Cask is my top scumread at the moment, but I would want to review before making a definitive statement.

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:16 am

Post by Policy Vote »

Ah, actually, my plan doesn't work. Never mind.

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (isolation #29) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:07 am

Post by Policy Vote »

I haven't been busy with real life. I'm just being a lazy asshole.

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #30) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:39 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 241, Faster Than Light wrote:Dunno how to feel about Cask testing the waters on a lynch on me.

-V

In post 248, Faster Than Light wrote:
In post 246, Ghatokaca wrote:I'm trying to run an experiment with this game.

A theory I've been thinking about and in fact discussing it with people at another site:

Long D1's are actually detrimental to town because of the mass of analysis that is poured into the game D1 with low information and flips creates long and boring back and forths.

Later on, when the information is available through flips, people are likelier to be burnt out, not analyze and read as thoroughly, and "wing it." Personally I've winged decisions more closer to endgame if I've been burnt out from stress (Tales of You) than if I've held back on that energy. Think long distance race with burst of energy at the end which you would only have if you are preserving it.

Extrapolating it to games in general, my theory is that town have better win rates when D1 and potentially D2 have been low volume days. This leads to more active future days. Analysis late-game will always be higher quality than early game analysis because of more information. By limiting the size of D1 and early days, we increase the potential for town winning.

My first thoughts upon seeing this playerlist with the multitude of hydras was that it would be a spam D1. I'm pleasantly surprised that we are halfway to deadline with only ten pages so keep up the good work.

I'll be posting a list of my early reads and substantial contribution by the next few days.

this guy is town

I did not like these posts very much. Despite the fact that COA is my best scumread right now, I would be open to listening to them discuss why I should lynch this instead.

I have nothing to comment on wrt Lynx until he claims, really. I guess I could do a quick no-to-minimal reasons read list

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (isolation #31) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 251, Bookitty wrote:Faster than Light. I was SO suspicious about the VT sample role PM, but the explanation fit my own experience and I buy it.

Couldn't they have manufactured this pretty easily after getting the sample PM?

Also, unrelated, people policy town reading tiershift for role related reasons are silly
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (isolation #32) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Policy Vote »

-Still Ceph, obviously
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (isolation #33) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Policy Vote »

copper voters, are you still voting him for a reason? Hell, were you ever voting him for a reason?

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (isolation #34) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Policy Vote »

Town
LynxKuroneko
Bookitty?: I find myself nodding my head whenever Boo posts anything
copper?: town thought processes, I know he can fake those, but also a vague meta-gut-townread

Big goopy middle section
Krystal: I basically don't read your posts, sorry, but it looks like you're kind of trying
Catastrophe: I was scumreading this in places but orc has convinced me I had little basis
Brantz: No clue why posting a readlist everyone agrees with is particularly town
Medea the Alien: down here as essentially a penalty for being cabd
Kthxbye: I forget why

Untown (I honestly don't really remember why I was scumreading anyone right now)
Faster Than Light
CaskOfAmontillado

Off the top of my head, haven't really stood out to me at all (essentially "sirs not appearing in this readslist")
Ghatokaca
TierShift

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

Hi guys, this is orci. I completely forgot about this game. I will try to get to it as soon as possible.
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (isolation #36) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 283, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
And
even with the stated conclusion that we should lynch Lynx, the vote's nowhere in sight even though there's really nothing to wait for, which looks more like scum not wanting to look overeager than anything. She pays a lot of lip service to more discussion while not attempting to make much progress in developing more refined reads. They remain fairly skeletal.

-TTH

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

In post 298, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
In post 258, Policy Vote wrote:
I did not like these posts very much. Despite the fact that COA is my best scumread right now, I would be open to listening to them discuss why I should lynch this instead.

-Ceph

If you weren't getting a free pass today for being essentially a claimed vig, this would be scummy af.

I just said I wanted to policy lynch varsoon, so whatever case you get out of me is gonna have a healthy dose of 'irrational' and 'non-game related.' IME he's a liability to town and there's a decent chance he'll just quit under pressure leaving us with sonic, who is much easier to read.

Excuse me for not gathering that your desire to lynch FTL is policy based. Obviously, I must be scum for having missed this slight detail, and it is crazy that I would expect you to have actual reasons, which... you then go on to give... okay then?

In post 308, copper223 wrote:@Boo
Lynx also has the other ability (which he considered negative...), which sthar8 calls self watcher, that tells him who targeted him during the night, assuming it works with faction kills, if scum targets him he can tell us.

I think it's a self-voyeur, and therefore not particularly helpful.

In post 309, copper223 wrote:Gatho's also seems pretty town but the vote ability on purloined was already tested (there's a votecount with a vote on him but 0 sctually counted).

Gato really isn't that town to me just because they posted a couple walls. I think it's simplistic of you to give them a quick pass. Also, both players in that hydra are extremely good, to the point that I am planning to excuse myself from reading them and make orci do it if we're not dead soon :)

In post 323, Ghatokaca wrote:Also, Ceph, if it helps, I'm about 95% sure I know what Lynx is claiming and he's absolutely 100% playing his role correctly.

Assuming it's what copper says in a few pages, I suspected that, simply because nothing else could explain his behavior. I wish I knew the precise details, but probably, I guess.

In post 324, Ghatokaca wrote:
In post 322, LynxKuroneko wrote:My power would still happen if Neighborized. Neighborize me only if you feel I'm worth being a neighbor, obviously. :P

As for loverizer guy, you can either loverize two D1 non-voting players or wait one more day to find scummier targets.

Neighborizing you means that message + my neighborize guarantees the information from your Great Journey to Heaven comes to town, unless it's public and we have no need for that worry, in which case I'll find out when you cross over.

FWIW I think postmortem neighborizing us would be a pretty good thing. However, I will admit, I'm actually a little worried that you could be scum and might use us as legitimacy. However, our postmortem posting ability might be able to resolve this issue.

Sorry if any of this is no longer relevant but I gotta catch up my way.

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:26 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 329, Bookitty wrote:Oh. In other news, I think Ghato is town now. I don't see scum proposing this strategy UNLESS Lynx is scum too and I'm convinced that is not the case.

I don't buy this as easily as you do

In post 341, TierShift wrote:No offence, but lynx isn't one of the stronger players here imo. I wouldn't see why scumghato would not rather neighbourise weak town and leave strong town to die.

This

In post 350, Kthxbye wrote:Let's just get this out of the way before we waste any time on trying to figure kthx out, shall we.

I'm The Conqueror Worm. I am of the Morbid (as if I'd claim anything else). I enable full card flips. Upon my death, only character's and their alignment will be flipped. Not much better than VT and if ya'll think keeping town PR's from scum is worth it, lynch me.

Just know, copper is scum and you'll all feel silly the longer you wait to lynch him.

P.edit: hey TS, did you miss the part where I give less than no shits on D1...like ever?

Why in the sweet everloving fuck would you claim this under almost no pressure?

In post 370, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 263, Policy Vote wrote:Medea the Alien: down here as essentially a penalty for being cabd

Implying you'd have me at town otherwise for a single post?

No, your null would be even deader than it was

In post 371, Medea the Alien wrote:Townreads on copper, ghato, tier. The start thing too. Not nearly as townreading of bookitty as I expected to be? More reads once I've had a deeper re-read, penguin's promised me to read and give her input as well.

The amount of claiming here is giving me hives because knowing ffery there's definitely ways to punish claimed abilities.

Agreed, the setup we're seeing here virtually guarantees at least one roleblocker and probably something else too because we should not get away with this

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 375, BRantz wrote:No, what I am saying, and I need to work on being more clear is I feel like scum would have said, "We'll be voteless for 3 days (or realistically since it is variable for X days)." That is all they would have said. Tier instead said. "We are voteless for X days, which is a variable number, and we have powers attached to that variable number." They gave us information that they didn't have to, without being prodded for it. This feels town to me.

This gets its own post for sheer unadulterated no. What if they're scum and X actually is variable. They aren't going to make up a number. You lose, go home.
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (isolation #39) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:39 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 395, LynxKuroneko wrote:Im not voting myself. Sorry, unexpected life stuff happened. I'm assuming my ability activates on lynch, and neighborizing me would be up to that player. I wouldn't be against it.

I'd like bookitty, copper, ghato, brantz, krystal, ftl and maybe tiershift to vote for me. If anyone here has a heavy scumread on any of those players, state so (I had to skim the last few pages).

Tiershift trying to speak of me in a negative light during my absence bothers me considering i have been one of few players participating.

A simple read list with the vote on me would be great for easy reference d2.

I am not comfortable with FTL being on this wagon :|

Also, pedit @tier: if it works exactly the way I think it does, your vote may be counterproductive actually.
-Ceph is moving on to page 17
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (isolation #40) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:45 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 417, LynxKuroneko wrote:Kthx can replace copper.

No
In post 419, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 415, copper223 wrote:Also, I think your claim is genuine because it's the kind of play to be expected from a VI.

Oh man, hurt my feelers with this one....

No wait, it's you calling me town and then completely trying to make sure nobody reads my posts by discrediting me....something I've seen many-a-scum do. Continue.

414 completely rebuts 413. Are you really going to try to tell me otherwise?

In post 429, copper223 wrote:Fine guys, Lynx is not getting the necessary support and after all the hints he has dropped this must be the play for today as far as I'm concerned so here's how I'm reading it.

Lynx is hinting at being a self watcher at night and
a self sensor if lynched

This means, he can tell us how many scumplayers were on his lynch today, realistically this means we have a pretty good shot at narrowing down most of the scumteam in the 4 remaning slots by chosing only the players we think are town to go on the wagon.

This is what I think is going on here.

In post 430, Bookitty wrote:
In post 422, Catastrophe wrote:Can somebody who believes this claim please explain why? Because claiming a role that punishes town if you die seems like an awfully convenient claim. It also seems like something town would want to keep hidden as long as possible, because revealing the role means scum have an easy way to prevent town from getting information if they kill you.

I had the same passive town-power in Advance Wars, a game that fferyllt also played and that kthxbye did not. This alone makes me kinda believe it. It would be an awfully big coincidence that kthxbye would claim that particular not-very-common power in this game if it weren't true.

I'll take Mod-Provided Fakeclaims for 800 please, Alex.

In post 433, Faster Than Light wrote:
In post 429, copper223 wrote:Fine guys, Lynx is not getting the necessary support and after all the hints he has dropped this must be the play for today as far as I'm concerned so here's how I'm reading it.

Lynx is hinting at being a self watcher at night and
a self sensor if lynched

:(

In post 434, Faster Than Light wrote:VOTE: lynx

...????????

-Ceph is caught up!
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (isolation #41) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:48 am

Post by Policy Vote »

Personally, I think the best possible Lynx wagon is as follows:
Us
Boo
copper
Cata
Krystal
Ghato, I guess
Lynx selfvote because I have no more townreads

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (isolation #42) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:48 am

Post by Policy Vote »

Eh, maybe having Tier is fine.
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (isolation #43) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Policy Vote »

If Lynx won't selfvote I would honestly suggest Medea for being null.

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #499 (isolation #44) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 497, copper223 wrote:If you are not sure if it gets counted better leave him out rather than corrupt the results, clearing people based on their claimed roles is a bad idea.

I was checking the literature about the conquering worm from Kthxbye but I don't find anything particularly alignment indicative, poe experts?

It's a Upick. You can't do that.

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #500 (isolation #45) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:51 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 498, LynxKuroneko wrote:Considering inactives...

Policy, Bookitty, copper, Krystal, Ghato, BRantz and FTL.

Did you forget Cata on purpose, or?
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #501 (isolation #46) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by Policy Vote »

VOTE: LynxKuroneko
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #519 (isolation #47) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:50 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 518, copper223 wrote:It seems outlandish to me to fakeclaim as Kthxbye did there, it's probably his real role.

As I said I'm not a fan of clearing people based on roles, but for their motives it's a different story and Kthx seems like the kind of player that would use his perceived immunity to try and get a scumread of his lynched.

Boo can you link me the OMGUS game with him you mentioned?

:|

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #521 (isolation #48) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:55 am

Post by Policy Vote »

The top 3 posters in this game aren't hydras. I signed up for a spamfest! D:
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #600 (isolation #49) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:53 am

Post by Policy Vote »

In post 559, CaskOfAmontillado wrote:
In post 304, Ghatokaca wrote:And CoA, why is BRantz's play somehow not as safe as kitty's?

I kinda have only two townreads, so it's not like he's in the safe pile. But she hit more of the big red flags than he did, like the 'oh i was totally confused about the faction too lol' and 'we should totally trust lynx about his ability'
after
he told us that self-watcher is negative utility. Basically Brantz could be just in over his head whereas kitty looks like she's actively advancing a scum plan. Also, the only other time I played with her she didn't seem to be the type of player to miss things like which abilities Lynx can use while he's alive, or whether the neighborize hits live or dead players. Something's really off there.

How is any of this "actively advancing" anything? The examples you gave are passive as fuck.

Missing setup things isn't scum motivated. It's just missing setup things.

In post 348, TierShift wrote:I do not understand the stick sthar has up his butt here.
Wanna crawl up in there and get it for me?
I said 'I want to policy lynch FTL' Ceph said 'you are a scumread of mine yet I want to hear your case on FTL.' If I remotely thought that he might be scum, I'd vote him for trying to set up a wagon without accountability.

Your logic is beyond my understanding. Wanting to hear someone out is now setting up a wagon? Am I supposed to put on my hardhat and say "I think you're scum therefore I'm not going to even remotely consider hearing you out because I can't possibly be wrong"? o.o

In post 485, copper223 wrote:I can see TTH being especially paranoid about me as town as well and that's why I'm not scumreading her more heavily
Incidentally, my chat with TTH is a lot of screaming about losing to you. It's why I'm letting her needle you to get a read: she's much more motivated and theoretically practiced at it than I am.

Tell me more about this

In post 595, Bookitty wrote:Town for sure:

Policy Lynch
LynxKuroneko
Ghatokaca

Could we please, please, please stop doing this?

-Ceph
Policy Vote
Policy Vote
Townie
Policy Vote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #601 (isolation #50) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:54 am

Post by Policy Vote »

Copper speaks to my soul.

-Ceph

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”