Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:46 am

Post by vijay2vasandani »

In post 86, Scorpious wrote:
In post 84, Shinobi wrote:
In post 75, Scorpious wrote:UNVOTE: Catboi

What warranted this, exactly?
Where else would you vote at this point in time?

it was a joke vote, I think its safe to say RVS is over..

I'm still waiting for more content to decide where to go.. More than enough time

I get that RVS is over, but do you really think your vote is better off not being used? RVS might be over for everybody else, but every second you spend not using your vote, you end up wasting town's resources. Not necessarily scummy but for sure anti-town.

VOTE: Scorpious

more analysis later tonight, been really bogged down.
coming back after a 3 year break.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:58 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 98, catboi wrote:
In post 95, Kyubey The Kid wrote:That being said, I just want to point out that Catboi suddenly stop talking as soon as the attention was off him.

Insanely enough, I'm busy during the day and hadn't gotten a chance to post tonight until now. You ought to familiarize yourself with the pace here, it's not going to move as quick as you expect.

Got sick unexpectedly, going to try to do a more comprehensive post but if I get too tired it'll have to wait until the morning

Nah I'm in no rush. I just wanted to see if you showed up if I mentioned you ;P
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:26 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 76, Kyubey The Kid wrote:While I'm not saying Catboi is 100% scum, the fact that he's been the one getting people reactive isn't very pro-town.
Spreading confusion and distrust
is something that would only be advantageous for scum. Of course, maybe thats just how he plays and we really shouldn't be looking too deep into it, but it certainly looks shady.

This seems like scum posturing to vote for catboi down the line. The bolded is just a blanket statement so he has a "reason" for suspecting him and his hop on the wagon later isn't out of the blue. Please give examples of the bolded that made you feel that way.
In post 90, Kyubey The Kid wrote:Well, all we've had recently is just people feeling themselves out. There's literally no basis for any accusations at this point in the game since we haven't got any hard evidence that we can interpret. If the best argument we can make uses "gut feeling" as its base, then we really should refrain from getting too serious this early in the game.

How do you expect us to progress the game? If you have a problem with how others are doing it by all means think of something better. Don't try to stifle discussion this early on no matter how baseless it is.
In post 95, Kyubey The Kid wrote:That being said, I just want to point out that Catboi suddenly stop talking as soon as the attention was off him.

And now he jumps to catboi because he stopped talking???
VOTE: Kyubey The Kid
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:32 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Not a fan of RadiantCowbells' ISO either; He is still on his RVS vote. Unless it is now a serious vote, and if that's the case he needs to explain why.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Shinobi »

I'm quite tempted to call both vijay and Spiffeh town.
I think I will.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:00 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Shinobi give reasons please. You ask other people to.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:30 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Uh, my vote isn't RVS at all thanks.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:33 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 103, Spiffeh wrote:Not a fan of RadiantCowbells' ISO either; He is still on his RVS vote.
Unless it is now a serious vote, and if that's the case he needs to explain why.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 105, Spiffeh wrote:Shinobi give reasons please. You ask other people to.

Sure.
I like the way both of you are thinking about this game, plus both of you seem more interested in moving things forward/scumhunting than sitting around and doing nothing.

It sounds a bit generic but I trust both of you more than the other shmucks in this game.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:12 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 106, RadiantCowbells wrote:Uh, my vote isn't RVS at all thanks.

Are you going to explain it or are we going to have to lynch you instead?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:23 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 102, Spiffeh wrote:
How do you expect us to progress the game? If you have a problem with how others are doing it by all means think of something better. Don't try to stifle discussion this early on no matter how baseless it is.

I said that because I didn't want anyone getting tunnel vision early on. I don't really have a problem with how anyone's playing; I just wanted to lend some perspective in order to avoid problems that could plague us later on.

As for my suspicion of Catboi, I don't really have any clue as to whether or not he's scum, but they way he kept poking Shinobi even though he just seemed a bit confused struck me as odd. The jumping onto Catboi for his absence was a shot in the dark just to see what would happen. I really wouldn't take anything I say right now seriously, though I'm now in the odd position of being slightly suspicious of him but not being able to press further without adding plausibility to your hypothesis of me. Can I defend my new observation and let you point out any flaws in it without looking more suspicious in your eyes?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 108, Shinobi wrote:

the other shmucks in this game.

Now that's just hurtful ;_;
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:43 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 94, JeanDarc wrote:@everyone
Random/Optional question to answer:
What is your overall experience with Mafia games (in/out of this site)? What is your favourite thing about Mafia (and why)?

I have like 4 or 5 done offsite and 1 completed here, I also have a few going here as well.

quick Saturday afternoon skim, I see votes on me. Will delve a little deeper tonight.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:54 am

Post by catboi »

In post 70, RadiantCowbells wrote:I've seen such comments from scum before, especially given that we are likely pressuring his buddy if he's scum.

Not saying he's scum, just saying that it's pretty possible to go either way.
Thought about this (in reference to ) and it's the "until" that makes me read it as town. Without that word, you'd be right, it'd be null or even leaning scum, but the way it's phrased he's just trying to push you for content and it seems town to me.

In post 76, Kyubey The Kid wrote:While I'm not saying Catboi is 100% scum, the fact that he's been the one getting people reactive isn't very pro-town. Spreading confusion and distrust is something that would only be advantageous for scum. Of course, maybe thats just how he plays and we really shouldn't be looking too deep into it, but it certainly looks shady.
You seem misguided. Getting people to react to things is the best way to evaluate them, to try to get a genuine response. Otherwise, in the early game, you have essentially nothing to go on.

That said, how does "getting people reactive" equate to "spreading confusion and distrust"? What does the latter even mean? I don't really know what you're trying to say by this. (I'd argue that confusion and distrust is the default state of the game, but that feels like an unnecessary tangent.

In post 82, Shinobi wrote:
In post 68, catboi wrote:
In post 57, catboi wrote:
Not really doing anything on page 2 is a scumtell?
Great argument, that.
Please try to explain how this applies to me, and not every single player in the game.
As for not explaining my vote,
when do scum actually vote someone without explanation?
Again, what's the actual scumtell here?
Lol. You've named off some things, but none of that poses an actual connection to, you know, scum motivation.

You're ducking these. Hard.

And talking about scum motivation is everything given you can't seem to come up with a decent explanation for
why anything I've done makes me scum
despite seemingly having a strong conviction. I'm looking for a clue as to whether you actually believe anything you're saying.

Where's the scum motivation in being useless?
Seriously?

Stop harping on semantics and tell me who is mafia.
You are, given that you continue avoiding giving answers to some very straightforward questions and respond with ridicule instead. It shouldn't be that hard at all to explain why the reason you're voting someone is an actual tell but you seem unwilling to do so, which is giving me a strong sense you don't actually believe any of the crap you're peddling. Instead you're just pushing on packaged "scumtells" in the hope people will follow them.

In post 83, Shinobi wrote:If you really want an explanation as to why I picked you over everyone else, it's because you were around and posting but not moving the game forward.
It's really simple.

Nyaa, not buying whatsoever that you're some master puppeteer and your vote on me was le epic reaction test, given the circumstances and around it and the way you pushed it it looked like a sincere attempt to lynch me using extremely crappy reasoning that you're now trying to back your way out of.

In post 83, Shinobi wrote:Why, to either of these reads?

Already explained Jean, scorp read is primarily a meta one, from games of his i've seen as scum he's much more stiff and awkward in his posts where here he's much more genuine.

In post 96, LexTrew wrote:Shinobi strikes me as town. His frustation seems genuine and I can certainly understand it.

Lol, how? If anything, the fact that he got frustrated with an unerexplained page 1 vote makes him more likely to be scum.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:01 am

Post by catboi »

In post 100, vijay2vasandani wrote:I get that RVS is over, but do you really think your vote is better off not being used? RVS might be over for everybody else, but every second you spend not using your vote, you end up wasting town's resources. Not necessarily scummy but for sure anti-town.

VOTE: Scorpious

more analysis later tonight, been really bogged down.

Nah

In post 108, Shinobi wrote:
In post 105, Spiffeh wrote:Shinobi give reasons please. You ask other people to.

Sure.
I like the way both of you are thinking about this game, plus both of you seem more interested in moving things forward/scumhunting than sitting around and doing nothing.

It sounds a bit generic but I trust both of you more than the other shmucks in this game.

Lol this is absolutely terrible

In post 110, Kyubey The Kid wrote:As for my suspicion of Catboi, I don't really have any clue as to whether or not he's scum, but they way he kept poking Shinobi even though he just seemed a bit confused struck me as odd.
I kept pushing him because at the time, I wasn't sure if he was scum or town who was hung up on some silly ideas. My plan was to keep pushing until I got some sort of reaction from him that would be telling, one way or the other. His last few posts have really solidified the scumread in my mind.

Also, scorp's last post is bad. He should make less bad posts like that one.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 70, RadiantCowbells wrote:I've seen such comments from scum before, especially given that we are likely pressuring his buddy if he's scum.

Not saying he's scum, just saying that
it's pretty possible to go either way

Just like everyone else in the game...
Seriously though the bolded portion is playing it too safe to my liking. What's the point of including that phrase?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:03 am

Post by catboi »

Given that it was in response to me calling a player town, I didn't have a problem with it. He was just saying he thinks it's a nulltell rather than a towntell.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:06 am

Post by Shinobi »

Rofl. 'Kay.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:06 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Shinobi why aren't you obvtowniing for me? :(
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:07 am

Post by Shinobi »

UNVOTE:
I've completely lost interest in this conversation. When you feel like being useful, let me know.

VOTE: RC
I'm happier with my vote here atm.

Pedit: This game isn't really fun so I'm not really putting my back into solving it.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:15 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 110, Kyubey The Kid wrote:I said that because I didn't want anyone getting tunnel vision early on. I don't really have a problem with how anyone's playing; I just wanted to lend some perspective in order to avoid problems that could plague us later on.

As for my suspicion of Catboi, I don't really have any clue as to whether or not he's scum, but they way he kept poking Shinobi even though he just seemed a bit confused struck me as odd. The jumping onto Catboi for his absence was a shot in the dark just to see what would happen. I really wouldn't take anything I say right now seriously, though I'm now in the odd position of being slightly suspicious of him but not being able to press further without adding plausibility to your hypothesis of me. Can I defend my new observation and let you point out any flaws in it without looking more suspicious in your eyes?

I am satisfied by this response for now, but why would my reaction to your press deter you?

VOTE: RadiantCowbells

In post 113, catboi wrote:Getting people to react to things is the best way to evaluate them, to try to get a genuine response. Otherwise, in the early game, you have essentially nothing to go on.

How is this any different from what Shinobi did to you when asking about the "scum line"?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:19 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 116, catboi wrote:Given that it was in response to me calling a player town, I didn't have a problem with it. He was just saying he thinks it's a nulltell rather than a towntell.

Oh ok I missed the context because I'm lazy and only looked at his ISO.
Still keeping my vote there though.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Votecount 1.5

Shinobi:
catboi, RadiantCowbells

Scorpious:
Lextrew, vijay2vasandani

Spiffeh
JeanDarc
LexTrew
vijay2vasandani
Kyubey The Kid
RadiantCowbells:
Shinobi, Spiffeh

catboi:
Kyubey The Kid

Not Voting
:
Scorpious, Jean Darc

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/la

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline for Day 1 is Tuesday, September 8th, 11:59 PM EST.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:33 am

Post by catboi »

In post 119, Shinobi wrote:UNVOTE:
I've completely lost interest in this conversation. When you feel like being useful, let me know.

VOTE: RC
I'm happier with my vote here atm.

Pedit: This game isn't really fun so I'm not really putting my back into solving it.

Garbage. Lynch this scumbag now. He's completely avoiding trying to give a rational explanation for anything he's said/done, and is copping out now to vote a target he feels might have more momentum. If I need to re-iterate my case to get people to pay attention, I'll do it, but there is absolutely no way I'm letting him get away with a total cop-out like this. This is the furthest thing in the world from genuine scumhunting.

In post 120, Spiffeh wrote:How is this any different from what Shinobi did to you when asking about the "scum line"?

uhhh...what? They're completely different things. RC simply told me he thought a townread I stated was null. Shinobi flipped out on me because I refused to explain a vote made on page 1. I don't see how the two are equivalent at all?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:37 am

Post by Shinobi »

I tried to get an opinion out of you that was anything other than "you're scum because 'reasons.'"
Interacting with you on pretty much any level aside from having you fling scum in my face for every little thing is clearly a waste of time.

If you have any actual questions that aren't meaningless/based on semantics, let me know.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”