Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:07 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

While I'm not saying Catboi is 100% scum, the fact that he's been the one getting people reactive isn't very pro-town. Spreading confusion and distrust is something that would only be advantageous for scum. Of course, maybe thats just how he plays and we really shouldn't be looking too deep into it, but it certainly looks shady.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:12 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Im new to this site so.. probably not?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:14 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 79, Scorpious wrote:
In post 78, Kyubey The Kid wrote:Im new to this site so.. probably not?

ok,I assume you have other mafia experience then, correct? yes or no is fine..

Oh yeah I've played tons of times IRL
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:34 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 89, Shinobi wrote:
In post 88, Scorpious wrote:Honestly, I don't share that sentiment. There has been a little banter,but I'm not desperate to make anything out of nothing..

What interests you specifically? Bounce it off me. I'll give you my opinion

I don't really see it as "making something out of nothing."
You have
nothing
you want to talk about specifically?

Well, all we've had recently is just people feeling themselves out. There's literally no basis for any accusations at this point in the game since we haven't got any hard evidence that we can interpret. If the best argument we can make uses "gut feeling" as its base, then we really should refrain from getting too serious this early in the game.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 93, JeanDarc wrote:@Kyubey, @Shinobi, and @Scorpious

The votes during RVS are never truly "random." If some people rolled a die/RNG'd for their vote, you may call it that but we will never know (and rolling a die within a forum post is not allowed, AFAIK). Whether it's pro-town or not, a vote is still a vote and the early votes in first pages of the game should never be brushed off as "well, those were just RVS votes."

On that note,
UNVOTE:

Looks like people are growing apathetic over this dull transition so let's see if we can somehow engage them back into discussions. Perhaps someone could ask a question.

I totally agree with everything you said; I just wanted to voice my concern that people were starting to fight amongst themselves instead if trying to get to know everyone and what type of personality they have. If people get worked up from the beginning, near the end of the game they'll probably be too clouded by their preconceptions to be able to make an unbiased decision. This only hurts town since the scum don't really care about anyone's identity and have the psychological leverage through their unity. The only way to even the playing field is to have everyone on the same page as soon as possible.

That being said, I just want to point out that Catboi suddenly stop talking as soon as the attention was off him.

Imma change my vote to him.

VOTE: Catboi
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:58 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 98, catboi wrote:
In post 95, Kyubey The Kid wrote:That being said, I just want to point out that Catboi suddenly stop talking as soon as the attention was off him.

Insanely enough, I'm busy during the day and hadn't gotten a chance to post tonight until now. You ought to familiarize yourself with the pace here, it's not going to move as quick as you expect.

Got sick unexpectedly, going to try to do a more comprehensive post but if I get too tired it'll have to wait until the morning

Nah I'm in no rush. I just wanted to see if you showed up if I mentioned you ;P
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:23 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 102, Spiffeh wrote:
How do you expect us to progress the game? If you have a problem with how others are doing it by all means think of something better. Don't try to stifle discussion this early on no matter how baseless it is.

I said that because I didn't want anyone getting tunnel vision early on. I don't really have a problem with how anyone's playing; I just wanted to lend some perspective in order to avoid problems that could plague us later on.

As for my suspicion of Catboi, I don't really have any clue as to whether or not he's scum, but they way he kept poking Shinobi even though he just seemed a bit confused struck me as odd. The jumping onto Catboi for his absence was a shot in the dark just to see what would happen. I really wouldn't take anything I say right now seriously, though I'm now in the odd position of being slightly suspicious of him but not being able to press further without adding plausibility to your hypothesis of me. Can I defend my new observation and let you point out any flaws in it without looking more suspicious in your eyes?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 108, Shinobi wrote:

the other shmucks in this game.

Now that's just hurtful ;_;
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:48 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 76, Kyubey The Kid wrote:While I'm not saying Catboi is 100% scum, the fact that he's been the one getting people reactive isn't very pro-town. Spreading confusion and distrust is something that would only be advantageous for scum. Of course, maybe thats just how he plays and we really shouldn't be looking too deep into it, but it certainly looks shady.

You seem misguided. Getting people to react to things is the best way to evaluate them, to try to get a genuine response. Otherwise, in the early game, you have essentially nothing to go on.

That said, how does "getting people reactive" equate to "spreading confusion and distrust"? What does the latter even mean? I don't really know what you're trying to say by this. (I'd argue that confusion and distrust is the default state of the game, but that feels like an unnecessary tangent.[/quote]

Well yeah, but the way you went about it seemed more like you were having fun messing with Shinobi instead trying to clear up whatever confusion he had. It would be really convenient for scum to have people even more confused/distrusting than they'd already be at the start of the game. Of course, like I've been emphasizing all game, it would be stupid of me to take any assumptions I currently have and buy into them without letting the game play out more. It's not that I think that you're scum, it's that out of the banter we've all had going, yours sticked out the most to me as "slightly suspicious". Though the fact that you're calling for Shinobi to be lynched without much proof isn't helping your case. Can you explain your reasoning more deeply?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:37 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 120, Spiffeh wrote: I am satisfied by this response for now, but why would my reaction to your press deter you?

VOTE: RadiantCowbells

Because if I were trying to set up Catboi as an easy bandwagon later on, then grilling him would be the next logical progression. It would be counter productive to focus on someone only to have it make me look guilty and, by default, him innocent.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:43 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 186, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 176, catboi wrote:Actually, further than that, it's pretty silly to suggest that "promoting apathy" is a tactic used by scum, especially in this instance. He intends to make people not care...by pissing them off? This reasoning doesn't really jive at all. If you thought he was unable to explain his read because it's not real and has no reasoning, I could see someone thinking that - but this as an accusation seems pretty nonsensical to me.

He is making people not care by setting a standard that ignoring questions is fine.
If he's town, scum can follow his lead and act the same way to make it more difficult to catch them later on. That is anti-town behavior. And while I agree anti-town is not equal to scum, it is still the scummIEST thing to me so far.
As for the bolded, how am I supposed to know if he actually has a reason? How would you know if he refuses to give it? You're giving him the benefit of the doubt for no reason.

Tell me, if he was voting for you and refused to give an explanation, would you not ask why? After he refused to give an explanation, would you not press him?

Ok that convinced me. Even if he isn't scum, his attitude isn't helping anyone here. I'll vote for him until he shows up and convinces me otherwise.

VOTE: RC
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

While I can't really townread anyone at the moment, I'd lean more towards Jean being town than not. He hasn't done anything that would stand out as either alignment, but since his approach has been more investigative than accusative, my gut tells me he's town. That said, I wouldn't bet my life on it or anything. I don't agree with him voting for you though.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:08 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 193, catboi wrote:
In post 191, Kyubey The Kid wrote:While I can't really townread anyone at the moment, I'd lean more towards Jean being town than not. He hasn't done anything that would stand out as either alignment, but since his approach has been more investigative than accusative, my gut tells me he's town. That said, I wouldn't bet my life on it or anything. I don't agree with him voting for you though.

Why is being "investigative" more likely to make someone town?

Because of what drives both sides. Unlike townies, who are supposed to be motivated to find out who is who, scum's objective in the game is to mislead others into lynching the wrong person. In other words, they're not in it to find out anyone's alignment because they already possess that info. If the majority of posts someone has are at their core just accusations, then it's more likely for that person be scum than not. Of course everyone HAS to accuse at some point, and the frequency of accusations someone does is also very dependent on play style, so this isn't exactly a foolproof method of identifying scum. On average though, I've found it wiser to be more suspicious of those who just accuse and don't make it a priority to explain their reasoning over those who try to understand the other players and explain their thought process to everyone without being forced to. It's not that being investigative proves innocence (since a good scum should already knows this and will therefore try to be as investigative as possible); It's that accusing a lot makes people more suspicious of everyone and therefore makes it harder for the townies to band together, which at the very least is anti-town. This is largely based on my preference in play style and how I think so I'm not really asking people to base their suspicions on what is largely just my gut instinct.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Well while I'm new to this website and mafia forums in general, I'm no stranger to the actual game of Mafia. I've been playing it for few years now so maybe that's why it looks odd how I argue well while looking like a noob here.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Oh and I'm currently writing an analysis of what I believe to be the current gamestate, but it's getting pretty lengthy. Should I keep it to myself or are you guys ok with what is amounting to be my will and testament?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Ok after sitting down, thinking about it, constantly re-writing, thinking some more, and re-writing again, this is my analysis.

I am absolutely sure about the following:

Out of Shinobi and Catboi, at the very least one has to be a townie.
I say this because I find it hard to believe that both sides are convinced of the other one's scumness without at least one of them having solid proof. If they're both innocent, then they both are sure of their innocence. There's also the fact they've both been pretty passionate about their reads of the other, and thats pretty hard to fake without at least one of them actually being innocent. This is good because we can eliminate the option that they're both scum which, while statically speaking is the least likely combination of the two, is something we can't ignore either and is something can help prove both's innocence further down the line. That being said, the 3 remaining combinations (which are Townie/Townie, Scum/Townie, and Townie/Scum) point towards it being more likely for one of them to be scum than for both of them to be innocent, since a probability of 2/3 (both combinations of Townie/Scum) is higher than one of 1/3 (Townie/Townie).

The rest of this is pure speculation and assumptions on my part so don't believe anything of it blindly:

Im basing the rest of this on the above paragraph, the fact that the majority of votes is split between RC/Shinobi, and that throughout the whole game Catboi/RC and Spiffeh/Shinobi have had the same votes.
I strongly believe that RC is the bad guys here.
I can't say the same of Shinobi/Spiffeh, since both of them weren't as quick to NOT be suspicious of one another, unlike Catboi/RC who've been drawing suspicion of one another while sharing the same vote all game. Catboi explained that he wasn't suspicious of him because he thought they shared the same thought process, mostly because at that point RC was the only person who thought Shinobi was scum. Unless Catboi can give a more compelling reason than "the way he thinks led him to the same conclusion as me" for his lower level suspicion towards RC than most other people, then it's pretty damn obvious that RC's the scum. But even if he gave a good explanation for his trusting, that would just mean he trusts RC, i.e. not strong evidence of RC's innocence.

New stuff after seeing the news posts:

RC could be doing a very clutch play here by doubling down on the outrage of being accused instead of trying to defend himself with solid reason. While normally innocent people would be just as mad as him, we've known he isn't afraid of looking like a giant douche bag for a while now, which means that 1) he isn't acting on an emotional outburst right now and 2) he's entirely capable of thinking up a plan like this. What I'm trying to say here is that we shouldn't use his outrage as proof of his innocence. If he replaces then I'd be more sure of his guilt, since if he were a townnie who truly doesn't enjoy the game he's playing, he would rather be lynched as a townie to screw over town players over just replacing himself with someone who could potentially aid the town players more than himself (which admittedly wouldnt be that hard if that were the case).
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:22 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

One more thing I forgot to add because of my shitty editing. While I hope the other townies lynch RC, if he turns out to be innocent then not only would Shinobi need to get immediately lynched, but it would also clear Catboi of any scumminess (at least from my POV). That being said, since Shinobi would be cleared if RC ends up scum, then Catboi has to be the next suspect due to it being more likely for one of Shinobi/Catboi to be scum than both of theming innocent. I wouldn't auto-lynch Catboi though, since he could very well just be affected by the confirmation bias that RC gave him by agreeing with him. Oh and if I die after the first night then you guys need to be completely suspicious of everything Catboi says and lynch him as soon as he can't justify a vote with a solid argument. Something tells me he would just deflect with accusations rather than back his arguments up so that would be a pretty big tell.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:06 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 248, RadiantCowbells wrote:That assumes that I'm town.

Why would you care whether or not we're assuming you're town if you just want to get the lynching over with? If you were town and wanted to sabotage our game then you wouldn't care about other's opinion about your alignment.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:17 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 252, RadiantCowbells wrote:
If you were town and wanted to sabotage our game then you wouldn't care about other's opinion about your alignment.

Holy fuck you're a genius your analysis is SO AMAZING.

Can you at least promise me that when it turns out that every single pretentious pile of shit you've piled into this thread is wrong you'll shut the fuck up and let people who know how to play do the talking?

You didn't answer the question that you conveniently cut out of my quote.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:24 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 254, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Kyubey The Kid

I'm not even sure he's town anymore.

This is a level of stupid so profound that it might be faked scum logic.

Oh, I thought you didn't care about the game anymore. This leads me again to the main question you keep dodging: Why do your actions keep contradicting your words?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:42 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Nothing to say? I've been saying plenty. Mostly that I think you're doing a shitty bluff after you not having a solid argument against my theory. You've just been deflecting while adding nothing of substance to the conversation in hopes that I doubt myself out of some fear of looking stupid enough to back down after my scumread on you. Unfortunately for you, I've looked like an idiot so many times in my life that I've learned that it's better to look stupid and learn why I was wrong than to be silent and uninformed. Someone so unhelpful and antagonizing as you is either an idiot townie or a bad scum. Thankfully you're not an idiot; You're just scum.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:11 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 259, catboi wrote:oh somehow i missed that vote change. point still stands given two people could easily vote that

honestly think kyubey's irrationally misguided but probably town given the way he's posted

I'd actually appreciate it if I was told why I'm so obviously wrong. Seriously. If my claims are as idiotic as both you and RC claim, then it really shouldn't be so hard for you two experts to dismantle my arguments. So far all you've done is say I'm wrong 'cause I'm wrong without providing any alternatives to me. The fact that the two people that are accused by me are so unwilling to help me figure things out doesn't help your case.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:14 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Even if you agree with lynching RC, for the sake of arguing both sides, could you try and give reasons as to why I might be wrong?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:39 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Oh the covenant thing was just a comment about the player you replaced leaving so early. I don't have any inside jokes here since I don't know I anyone on this forum.

In my analysis I said that RC's guilt is strong evidence for Catboi's guilt, but you seem to think otherwise. He's been behaving like RC, except that he actually tries to discuss the game sometimes. He's been defending RC to an extreme that a townie shouldn't be able to do without just being very trusting of him, unlike Spiffeh who pressed RC before deciding he's town. I think it's more likely that Catboi and RC are working together than RC being guilty and Catboi just naively believing in him without question.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:41 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Forgot to ask: Why would you not be at least leaning towards Catboi being scum over just a null read?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:05 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 268, Scorpious wrote:
In post 267, Kyubey The Kid wrote:Forgot to ask: Why would you not be at least leaning towards Catboi being scum over just a null read?

That I can't say.. Sorry,not trying to be difficult..

Nah it's cool. I'm just trying to find any oversight on my part by bouncing my reasoning off you. What's the biggest thing holding you back from giving a scum read on Carboi?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:35 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

If you had to blindly guess which is more likely, what would you chose between the conflicting theories of them working together and Catboi defending RC because he just KNOWS that RC is town? Really just use your gut to chose even if you think it's most likely wrong. At least a choice between option A and B helps me understand what could be wrong in my approach to this problem.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:48 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Thanks, so do you believe my reasoning is retarded/irrational or do you can your understand why I would think this way?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:11 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 276, Scorpious wrote:
In post 275, Shinobi wrote:
In post 273, Scorpious wrote:gun to my head. I would lean scum on Cat..

So, gun to your head, you would call both cat/me scum?

I don't need a gun to my head for you. I'm leaning scum on you..

Naw he's been on the "fuck RC" camp for most of the game. If you think RC's scum, then don't you think it's more likely that he's town? There's the possibility that he's just throwing RC under the bus, but that would make more sense if he did it later in the game, instead of near the beginning.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:57 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Ahh fair enough. That approach actually seems like an optimal way to play that I hadn't considered. The more linking done early, the more probabilities you're adding to the current hypothesis, which makes it less likely overall to be accurate.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #32) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:00 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

I just want to say that I might have actually bought RC's current argument had he said it before he started getting obnoxiously unhelpful and calling arguments shit instead of providing insight of his own, like he's doing now. The strange thing here is that this seems like a lot of effort for proof of innocence coming from someone that had previously expressed his apathy about winning as town. THE GUY WANTED TO LYNCH HIMSELF FFS!!! Am I the only one who finds it weird that all of a sudden, when the pressure is on, he's suddenly being cooperative? From my POV, it would make more sense for him to just keep his previous attitude if he really didn't care about this game.

Either way, even if my prediction of him being scum ends up being false, then not only do we clear Catboi's innocence, but we got rid of the most rude/unhelpful player and we can all be pretty certain of Shinobi being scum depending on who gets killed at night. Lynching RC is a sure fire win/win no matter how you look at it.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:03 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 302, RadiantCowbells wrote:But how can my reasoning be not as good as you've seen it in the past if you haven't seen it?

You're jumping through all these hoops trying to justify your scumread on me and you're ignoring the fact that you contradict yourself.

You're twisting Shinobi's words. Your reasoning would obviously not be as good as he says if you never bothered to explain your reasoning beyond the superficial.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:26 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

RC, now that you're obviously town and willing to cooperate with us, why don't you give us your side of the story here. Can you explain why you and Catboi are so sure of each other's innocence even though it's not obvious to a noob like me? It would certainly be very helpful to me if you did, and since you claim that I'm just a bad townie (which is in your opinion even more dangerous than a scum) then this should be a great opportunity to unify town side before night happens! I mean, shouldn't the optimal move at this stage be to get the noob to agree with you due to your experience? If you do this one thing then I'll fully retract any accusation I've made about you and will gladly be your bitch for the rest of the game. i.e. I'll vote for whatever you tell me to vote.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #35) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:13 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

He did.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #36) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:38 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 274, Kyubey The Kid wrote:Thanks, so do you believe my reasoning is retarded/irrational or do you can your understand why I would think this way?

Scorpious you never answered me this question, which I think might help get my point across. Am I an idiot for believing the reasoning that I've given? Anyone else care to tell me why I shouldn't believe what I believe? I don't think the way I went about my thought process has any glaring holes. I'm obviously not saying it's perfect, but I'd really like it if someone could give me an explanation as to why it would seem wrong, because so far all I've been told is that I'm a newb for thinking the way I do. It's not very helpful to not try to set me on the right track.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #37) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:07 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Yaaaaay!
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #38) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:11 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 325, catboi wrote:
In post 266, Kyubey The Kid wrote:Oh the covenant thing was just a comment about the player you replaced leaving so early. I don't have any inside jokes here since I don't know I anyone on this forum.

In my analysis I said that RC's guilt is strong evidence for Catboi's guilt, but you seem to think otherwise. He's been behaving like RC, except that he actually tries to discuss the game sometimes. He's been defending RC to an extreme that a townie shouldn't be able to do without just being very trusting of him, unlike Spiffeh who pressed RC before deciding he's town. I think it's more likely that Catboi and RC are working together than RC being guilty and Catboi just naively believing in him without question.

One day you'll realize people are capable of recognizing when someone's town and strongly defending them. Already fairly outlined why it's clear I've read him as town and to assume no town player could ever do so is obnoxious/arrogant

This is the same condescending non-answer bs I've been hearing all game. Theres no way to just "know" that someone's town so much that'd you'd go out of your way to strongly defend them this early in the game, without doubting them first , even for a little bit. You've been basically saying "RC's good because there's literally no way he could deceive me and I know that I'm good, and anyone who doesn't see that is dumb.", or at least that's what I'm understanding as of the moment. All I want to know is the "why?" behind this reasoning, and you've given me nothing but empty responses that don't even contemplate for one second the possibility that I might not be 100% wrong. I just want to know WHY I'm wrong.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #39) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 330, LexTrew wrote:I think he is newbscum, I mean I understand why you think he is town, im just leaning the other way.

Care to back up your read with an explanation, or is that also a noob question?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #40) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 334, LexTrew wrote:
In post 332, Kyubey The Kid wrote:
In post 330, LexTrew wrote:I think he is newbscum, I mean I understand why you think he is town, im just leaning the other way.

Care to back up your read with an explanation, or is that also a noob question?

Its harder for new scum to make sense than for new town. Well in my experience anyway.

If you want me to make sense, tell me why Im not making sense to you. All Im asking is for people allow me to explain whatever specific things they don't agree with in my reasoning, so that if I see something that's actually flawed on my part I can correct it quickly. I'm entirely willing to change my opinion but people just seem to discredit my arguments instead of allowing me to explain it through whatever parts you dont agree with. This way we would all be working together towards figuring out this whole mess, which is the strongest move that town could do early on. All I want is communication between all players.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #41) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 333, catboi wrote:
In post 331, Kyubey The Kid wrote:This is the same condescending non-answer bs I've been hearing all game. Theres no way to just "know" that someone's town so much that'd you'd go out of your way to strongly defend them this early in the game, without doubting them first , even for a little bit. You've been basically saying "RC's good because there's literally no way he could deceive me and I know that I'm good, and anyone who doesn't see that is dumb.", or at least that's what I'm understanding as of the moment. All I want to know is the "why?" behind this reasoning, and you've given me nothing but empty responses that don't even contemplate for one second the possibility that I might not be 100% wrong. I just want to know WHY I'm wrong.

I believe I've repeatedly answered multiple times as to why I think he's town, and your summary resembles nothing of what I've said.

I'll restate it simply, in bullet point form:

- The way he played initially seemed very much in line with my own thoughts.

- The way he expressed doubt over me handing out townreads showed an active though process, he wasn't just blindly kissing up to me but actively considering what was being posted

- The way he's responded to pressure has been with a strong emotional outburst that read very much as genuine frustration to me and that sort of thing is far more likely to come from town than scum. It's not that easy to fake the sort of rage and frustration he was showing.

Thank you Cabboi this is all I wanted. No condescending remark, no unnecessary comments, and you actually explained your reasoning to me. I think we're both disagreeing in some of the facts because we're interpreting one very important thing differently. While you believe that RC had an emotional outburst; I believe that his actions were calculated. Why? Well:

1) He'd been nothing but unhelpful and rude well before his "emotional outburst". Everyone, even you if I remember correctly, agreed that at the very least his actions were anti-town. I know everyone likes to parrot "anti-town does not = scum", but actions that are anti-town should be seen as at least a very reasonable cause of suspicion. Your defending of him right after I started suspecting him is what triggered my alarms, but now that I think about, I can see that drawing a connection between you two was probably hasty on my part and I apologize for that.

2) When he had his "emotional outburst" none of his comments or the way he treated us were out of line with what he had said earlier. He was a douchebag all game. So when I saw his meltdown, I didn't think I should take it at face value without some evidence to back it up. Since he kept being unhelpful to me, and you quickly took his actions as proof of innocence, your defending of him was something that I took as proof of guilt.

I actually think all of this mess can be settled if we discuss and agree on the following:

Is it not wise to keep in perspective that that RC could be entirely capable of planning his outrage in advance considering the fact that there wasn't any real change in his behavior until it looked like the only way to get some heat off him? I mean he was disrespectful and claimed to not care about this game (long before his "outburst"), but then quickly tried to be helpful just before his douchey attitude was about to get him lynched.

Can you blame me for believing any of this? I don't have a problem not believing any of this, since if Im proven wrong then I would move on to be suspicious of someone like Shinobi who would look pretty bad if RC turned out to be innocent.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #42) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:08 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

I'm not. The guy's a jerk.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #43) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:43 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 359, JeanDarc wrote:You might want to explain your reads especially given that you are being replaced @RC

@Scorpius what do you find in particular scummy/alarming about Kyubey? He did post quite a lot of fluffy/filler post.
He likes to add unnecessary verbiage to his post that makes his posts appear way longer than they could have been.
That's the overall impression I got from him so far. I would say a null-read for now

This isn't really relevant to the discussion but I'm also not a native English speaker. I'm afraid of not being understood completely, which why I have a bad habit of overexplaining. It's something I'm always looking to correct so thanks for reminding me.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #44) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:37 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 363, Scorpious wrote:
In post 344, RadiantCowbells wrote:Town: Catboi, Scorpious, RC
Leaning town: KTK, Shinobi
Prob scum: Lextrew

Null on everyone else.

Cheers, GL with my replacement, etc.

In post 357, RadiantCowbells wrote:Until I'm officially replaced out I'm going to keep reminding you than Jeandarcarthage needs to be utterly destroyed.

Scorpious might be scum because I called him dumb town and he said "nice".

not digging this inconsistency. just seems like it's just throwing whatever out there. putting my vote back down. This slot is causing a lot of contention. might be best to just get rid of it anyway. One because I think it's scum..2. to get us out of this limbo stage..

His next post cleared up he meant Jean
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #45) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 376, catboi wrote:
In post 363, Scorpious wrote:not digging this inconsistency. just seems like it's just throwing whatever out there. putting my vote back down. This slot is causing a lot of contention. might be best to just get rid of it anyway. One because I think it's scum..2. to get us out of this limbo stage..

This is a very poor justification.

I can see him questioning his read on you given the posts in between, hardly think it's a scum tell. The idea of lynching a player simply because their slot is controversial is lazy, just an excuse for following popular sentiment.

Sad thing is I can see this being a justification from town that doesn't want to think critically but scorp has made a lot of posts that bug me

In post 371, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm not going to risk getting repunished by offering a sig bet, but I'm pretty damn sure it's Jeandarc and Scorpious at this point.

Have you looked at Jean's play as scum in his completed newbie game at all? The way he's acting now doesn't seem similar to that at all.

Still absolutely think shinobi should be the vote, getting ignored on that front is becoming frustrating, going to argue more for it tonight

Yup, I agree with RC here, Scorpious has flip-flopped on RC a few times now. It's certainly starting to look suspicious...

@Catboi Why are you so intent on lynching Shinobi? I don't think he's done anything so out of the ordinary for you to be this adamant about it.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #46) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 404, catboi wrote:
In post 403, Scorpious wrote:Lets see how Shinobi handles significant pressure.
VOTE: Shinobi

jesus christ

yeah okay i'm done reading you as town

UNVOTE:

Dude, you've been railroading Shinobi really freaking hard all game long. Why did you switch to Scorpious all of a sudden when he backed what you've been asking for all game? Just trying to understand your reasoning here.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #47) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 402, RadiantCowbells wrote:Most people don't think my reads are that great.

Then the game ends and it's oh look RC was right about everything again as usual.

Considering how hard I tunneled in on you earlier in the game, I think my agreeing with you might be the most unbiased opinion we can get right now. Scorpious' justifications for his suspicions looks strange to me, but I can't put my finger on what it is exactly.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #48) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:27 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Ok really does no one really find Catboi's behavior leaning on scum? He's either an arrogant town that can't possibly conceive he could be wrong about his reads or a scum playing all of us. Is there really enough proof to justify lynching Shinobi? Cause all I see are justifications that only indicate we can't be sure of Shonobi's alignment (which I agree with). If Catboi's true motive were to find the truth, then you'd think he would be at least willing to give himself some room for error. At the very least I see this as anti-town behavior, since if he keeps tunneling in on whoever he thinks is scum with only circumstantial evidence, we run the very real risk of him leading everyone to make a wrong choice, even if he didn't actually intend for it to happen.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #49) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:06 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

I'm saying that you're acting like it's guaranteed that Shinobi is scum which, while certainly plausible, is not as black & white as you're making it out be. You do realize that you're trying to lynch him on day 1 without anything to go in except assumptions, right? If he turns out to be town, then not only would we be at a disadvantage, but your credibility will plummet for the rest of the game. We're you really willing to risk that if he got lynched a while ago, or where you not aware of that detail?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #50) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:37 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 450, vijay2vasandani wrote:
In post 428, RadiantCowbells wrote:And I guarantee you, that if the fact that you've gone through my games and seen my success rate hasn't already convinced you then the Shinobi town flip, with or without my death tonight, will not convince you either.

Lol.

Scorpius catboi lynch is go

Scorpious and Catboi are currently the people I'm leaning on as scum at the moment, but I don't think we should lynch anyone right now. In my opinion, this game won't go anywhere unless we see what the mafia players decide to do at night, because if we keep going at this rate, all we're doing is pointing fingers and risk lynching a townie.

VOTE: No Lynch
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #51) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:38 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 457, catboi wrote:It's also 100% obvious who will die if we no lynch. How do you not realize that?

Well it's not obvious to me. Are you just gonna keep talking like you know everything or can you enlighten an idiot like me?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #52) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

I agree, Catboi. Jean looks the most suspicious right now by process of elimination. Him and Lex have the least activity of all players and, with all the fighting among the active players, his posts look like what scum would do to keep us in the dark while keeping attention off him. I'm actually ok with the risk of lynching him so...

VOTE: Jean
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (isolation #53) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:51 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 468, catboi wrote:I tried to find an article for you on the wiki that explains why it's almost always better to lynch but I can't find one but you'll have to trust me that it's 100% correct theory to do so, I'll try to explain it if you really want me to do so

psyche/scorp need to do something with their votes, this close to the deadline there's really no reason to be wasting them

Nah it's ok! You explained it well enough in your post already. Thanks though.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #54) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:58 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 470, catboi wrote:
In post 454, Kyubey The Kid wrote:Scorpious and Catboi are currently the people I'm leaning on as scum at the moment, but I don't think we should lynch anyone right now. In my opinion, this game won't go anywhere unless we see what the mafia players decide to do at night, because if we keep going at this rate, all we're doing is pointing fingers and risk lynching a townie.

In post 467, Kyubey The Kid wrote:I agree, Catboi. Jean looks the most suspicious right now by process of elimination. Him and Lex have the least activity of all players and, with all the fighting among the active players, his posts look like what scum would do to keep us in the dark while keeping attention off him. I'm actually ok with the risk of lynching him so...

VOTE: Jean

The combination of these quotes is worrisome.

Why...?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #55) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:22 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Well, you gave me insight into why the no vote wasn't a good idea and asked me to vote for you. You'd rather risk me pressuring you as scum than not voting; Which is about the most pro-town thing I've seen you do. Granted, this obviously doesn't guarantee you're a townie, but even then, it's more town than what most other players have done and is enough to satisfy my curiosity on you. When I read your reasoning here:

In post 463, catboi wrote:I absolutely wouldn't protect him as a scumbuddy, and only a dribbling moron would think otherwise. I'm very confident he's town for reasons I've explained that you're too lazy/selfish to care about. RC and psyche are also very likely town in my estimation, as I've said. At that point process of elimination leaves me to go after low content posters, Jean and Lex both fit that bill. Had thought maybe jean wasn't playing like he did as scum in his first game, but on an individual basis he hasn't said anything this game that comes across as town.

it looked solid enough for me to consider the lynch. Then, siince both you and Shinobi (the two people I'd least expect agreeing on something) were on the same page here, I thought the odds of you guys being onto something were pretty high.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #56) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:23 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

I'm still suspicious of Scorpious though.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #57) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:56 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 481, Shinobi wrote:
In post 480, Scorpious wrote:
In post 434, Shinobi wrote:I'm a mason you fucking dumb cunt.

leaving my vote on Shinobi because of this.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: scorpious

How does this help us at this point in the game? If you suspect of both Scorpious and Jean, changing your vote seems unintuitive to me. Does this mean you think Jean isn't suspicious anymore?

In post 485, Shinobi wrote:Duh?
There's literally 0 reason to doubt my claim.

Could you explain why?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #58) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:39 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 496, Psyche wrote:dear jean
if you're gonna claim
do it

He hasn't posted in 5 days. Don't think we're gonna get an answer from him.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (isolation #59) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:45 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

No clue
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (isolation #60) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:48 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Honestly vjay, lex, and jean need to post more. Psyche hasn't been in this game for much and he already has more posts than them.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #61) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:11 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Longest. Day. Ever.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #62) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:10 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Yup, lynch Scorpious.

VOTE: Scorpious
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #63) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:29 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Welp from Jean's flip there's a couple of things I think we can assume (for now):

1) Shinobi is town - Jean was giving it his best to get him lynched.

2) RC's town - He's the one that started the Jean bandwagon

3) Scorpious is scum - him and Jean were agreeing with each other a lot. With the hindsight of Jean being scum, their interactions make them look like scumbudies.

In post 519, Scorpious wrote:RC is town btw..

I'll tell you guys straight up. I visited catboi.. But didnt kill him..

Either claim or get lynched. You've basically just said you are a PR which, if you're telling the truth, means you've already made yourself a target.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #64) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:55 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 265, Scorpious wrote:
JeanDarc
- I really like the questioning.There is some follow-up to,which I like. This is how I would expect a newb town to be on this site. Town

In post 183, JeanDarc wrote:
In post 181, Shinobi wrote:And what did you get out of your question?
Who else is scum and why?

I have townreads on catboi and kyubei for now. Not certain on everyone else. Scorp is town lean for me at the moment

and obviously, you are my scum read

They never questioned each other and were always on the Shinobi bandwagon. They looked like they were avoiding being associated while at the same time townreading each other. When the general consensus was that Shinobi was town (even Catboi who opposed Shinobi almost all day 1), he still stayed on his bandwagon. Sure he was the one that hammered Jean, but at that point even scum would've had to vote against Jean.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (isolation #65) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

But people aren't doooooooooooing anything
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (isolation #66) » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

WOULDNT YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME... THAT HAS EVERYTHING!?!
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #67) » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:41 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

It's got trollposts and lurkers a plenty,
It's got replacing and flaming galooooore.
Want a scumread? I've got twenty!
But who cares... No big deal... I want mooooooooore!

I wanna see... All the mafia die;
I wanna see... Wanna see them haaaaaanging!
Grasping for air till they... What's that word...? Oh, choke!
Being just vanilla you don't get too far,
a PowerRole's required for lynching and mobbing!
There's only one thing, that I can do and...
What was it again? Oh right vote! Well then,

I'LL JUST TALK SHIT
TILL BADDIES CONFESS
AND WE TURN THIS INTO A TOWN WIIIIIIIIIIN

WE NEED A LYNCH;
I SAY VOTE: LexTew!
NOW CAN WE PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY?
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #68) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:36 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

In post 551, Shinobi wrote:
In post 550, LexTrew wrote:
In post 529, Shinobi wrote:What is it with people asking for my partner?
"What is the dumbest, most anti town thing I could ask about
right now
?"
And then you all say it.

Come on, there is only one scum left. There is already 3 conf town, with your partner there would be 4, and that would leave 2 people that are possible scum.

Just make the game easier.

And damn scorpious that was actually pretty good.

Shut up.
Scumhunt.

You don't have to be so blunt, Shinobi. If you were a bit less rough people wouldn't antagonize you (like with Catboi). I agree that Lex hasn't done much this game, though. And it's why I'm keeping my vote on him till he starts contributing.
Kyubey The Kid
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Kyubey The Kid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (isolation #69) » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:57 am

Post by Kyubey The Kid »

Jesus F'ing Christ Vedith you're in every game I'm playing right now! (Not that I'm complaining or anything)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”