rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by rb »

The reason I called you a dickhead, is because you're being one. It's objective _FACT_ that the activity comparison of you and Dierfire was COMPLETELY different at the time I wrote that, which means that my definition does NOT have to have you BOTH as lurkerscum. Contrary to some people, I base my reads on the actual happenings of the game. I know you might be upset that you're so easily caught as lurkerscum, or if you're town, upset that you're not getting townreads for your play. Shit happens, play better. If you want to be seen as town, this is not the way.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by rb »

Anyway it's deadlift day so I need to go warm up. Have fun :^)
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by Saru »

It makes sense because you're trying too hard to force Dierfire into a town read he shouldn't be in.

Using post count is a sure-fire way to destroy your own argument. That's superficial and I'm pretty sure you know that. Dierfire has spread out his posts when he has replied to people. I haven't done that. Imagine if I spread out all my reads on people and my responses? Yeah, guess what, I'd be at the same post count as him. This is not an argument I would use though, because it's a bunch of bullshit. Post count isn't indicative of anything. Here: let me make 200 one-liners, and then I can be town, right? Pretty please? :lol:

Also, I pointed out that I would be more active on the weekends, which is what I'm being right now, so that's a weak argument on your part.

Also,
your definition never talked about raw post count
. It talked about the quality of the posts. Dierfire and I have both made "decent, coherent, and thoughtful posts"(your definition) and you've admitted to this. So nice job trying to change it on the fly.
Currently Playing:
N/A
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by Saru »

In post 1549, rb wrote:The only overreaction is you bringing up a personal feud from another game, one which you have no contextual understand of, to try and discredit me here in this game. The only motivation for such a thing is to try and upset me or throw shade at me. There's no constructive, game-solving motivation behind such a behaviour. You're either scum or being literally shit town right now. So stop it if you are.
Nah, I know you have a bad rep for being toxic. Don't try to hide it. Go ahead, let it all out. It's who you are as a person and I guess some people just never change.

Try to be creative with your insults btw, "dickhead" is too generic for my tastes. This isn't middle school, you know?
Currently Playing:
N/A
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by rb »

There's no changing. I checked activity when I made the post but didn't explicitly state it. I rarely do state everything I'm thinking because it's not needed. It's also why I make more short posts, I think as I write, I don't really quote-respond-quote-respond in depth. It's boring.

You're trying really hard to strawman me right now but it's not working. Also me skim reading long walls is a thing I usually do. I usually don't have the patience to read long walls of mostly not important stuff.

What I want to know is whether or not you think I'm scum here because what's interesting is that all of the stuff you're saying about me being overconfident or whatever is from a game I was town.

Like you're doing a meta read except you're backwards, lmao.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by rb »

In post 1553, Saru wrote:
In post 1549, rb wrote:The only overreaction is you bringing up a personal feud from another game, one which you have no contextual understand of, to try and discredit me here in this game. The only motivation for such a thing is to try and upset me or throw shade at me. There's no constructive, game-solving motivation behind such a behaviour. You're either scum or being literally shit town right now. So stop it if you are.
Nah, I know you have a bad rep for being toxic. Don't try to hide it. Go ahead, let it all out. It's who you are as a person and I guess some people just never change.

Try to be creative with your insults btw, "dickhead" is too generic for my tastes. This isn't middle school, you know?
The only purpose this serves is to attack me as a person. Like all people I click with others and butt heads with others.

What's really frustrating though is that you take a game where I was 'toxic' and then try and paint me with the same toxicity - when you have no idea why I was actually toxic in the first place. Not to mention that I'm not doing the same toxic thing here: but you apparently want me to?

Why would a town player try and goad someone into being toxic? Makes no sense.

So yeah, you're just being scummy as fuck. There's zero town motivation in bringing up this sort of shit, let alone trying to goad me into being uncooperative. Like you aren't even doubting whether you want to cooperate with me or not, you just outright want to scumframe me.

We lynch Cass or Saru today.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by Dierfire »

Spoiler: @Chuck, Not Game-Related
In post 1495, Chuck wrote:
In post 1492, Dierfire wrote:
@All @Mod

I've got some pretty bad leaking/flooding going on in my apartment right now. I'm hoping to get it cleared up by Monday, but
I'm going to have LA until it's resolved. If it's not resolved by Monday I'll request replacement.
Sorry to hear. Hope everything is well with you, and that your stuff isn't very water damaged. =\
Thanks! Things are surprisingly good given how it first looked.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by Dierfire »

I've caught up.

I'm still reading as Town: pitoli, Expedience, rb, and RyanK.

The most recent VC indicates that we've some votes for the golden009 slot; I'll be joining that wagon.

VOTE: golden009

To review: I thought that golden009 was avoiding comment on the gameplay506 wagon ( works, also note that in he indicated that he was preparing to vote there, but never really addressed why or updated that read even when prompted in ). In some interactions it looked as though golden009 was not really caring about reading other players ( indicates intent to vote gameplay506 after gameplay506 returns and responds, seemingly without regard to what that response is; RyanK is apparently doing unacceptable things in but golden009 doesn't try to sort how RyanK plays as Town or Mafia). Furthermore, golden009 promises content that is never delivered (full list of reads in , reread in ). It also doesn't help that golden009 cast votes exclusively on players I know or suspect to be Town.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by Dierfire »

I think that that's it from me tonight, but I'm promising to return with more focused reads on the remaining players within 24 hours.

Some small things that will help me with that:

@Saru

Would you like to cast a vote?

@Cass
In post 1354, Cass wrote:@pitoli: he already claimed vt, didn't you read?? FoS: Pitoli
Why did this make you so suspicious of pitoli?

@Chuck

I agreed with your thought in that the "claim duel" looked unlikely from a Mafia player given that Glitch flipped Town, so I was surprised that you reconsidered in . Why would Expedience do that as Mafia?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:54 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Golden wagon is the best wagon.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:16 pm

Post by rb »

I kinda want to wait for Golden's replace.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I'd rather not have the Mod go through the effort.

It's taking a while and I'm pretty sure Golden is scum anyway.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:13 am

Post by Expedience »

Well Saru is probably town after that, I don't agree about his perspective re: LurkerScum Status, but he feels righteous and genuine. Not the type of person who would deliberately fake that either.

Chuck is n, he is being deliberately and actively contrary by scumreading BBT. No real case behind it and I'll admit that he had a stronger case (more well-composed case is what I mean) to think I'm scum, just going all-in after he worked out being hyperconfident got people to stop voting him.

From rb I think being aggressive like that is null. rb, do you think Saru is scum? It's not clear
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:19 am

Post by Expedience »

Nevermind, I didn't read properly.

That's not believable, since when do scum deliberately goad people into being toxic? That's not a thing and I don't think you think it is. This is chuck-tier "how do u know pitoli is town xd???"

Can you not see the town resonance from his posts?

What happened to gameplay? Guess you couldn't get him either if you're town
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:36 am

Post by Accountant »

VC 2.4
golden009 (3)
: BlueBloodedToffee, Expedience, Dierfire
Saru (1)
: Cass
BlueBloodedToffee (1)
: RyanK
Cass (1)
: rb

Not Voting:
gameplay506, Saru, golden009, Chuck, pitoli

The deadline is in (expired on 2016-09-23 14:00:30)

Congratulations about resolving your flooding problem, Dierfire!

Still
searching for a replacement for golden009. Sigh.[/color]
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:27 am

Post by Cass »

In post 1558, Dierfire wrote:
@Cass
In post 1354, Cass wrote:@pitoli: he already claimed vt, didn't you read?? FoS: Pitoli
Why did this make you so suspicious of pitoli?
Because he said this:
[quote = Pitoli]INTENT TO HAMMER. Claim, Glitch?[/quote] without even bothering to read up and check if there had been a claim or a hammer already. (He replied with 'lol forgot to refresh'. This is hard to believe, because the post right above his was Martha repeatedly using the word VT and asking him for reads before he's get lynched.) Made him sound like scum eager and happy to hammer a townie.

[quote = Chuck]rb and Cass, what's your opinion of BBT's naked vote on me after Expedience tried to build a wagon on me?[/quote] Naked votes (and unvotes) are a thing he does, and he had you in his scumlist before that, doesn't look scummy to me.
And return question @Chuck: How has rb shown you he is town? And related @BBT: How are you so sure that rb is scum?

My current reads (in no particular order):
Town, I think: Ryan, Expedience, Saru, BBT
Possible scum: rb, Chuck, Dierfire, Gameplay, pitoli, golden,

Golden isn't a terrible lynch. Saru vs. rb looks like yet another TvT - but I'm becoming more hesitant, there also have to be three scum hidden somewhere. It makes me feel that Golden (the deadly quiet) may be one of them. Or that Chuck is scum after all. Or one of rb and pitoli, who both have those suspicious voting patterns day 1. Ack, I just don't know.

But since I don't see this getting any clearer - how about we just lynch the Golden slot (looks like a majority scumreads him) and work with more information - and probably 1 less scum - next day?
UNVOTE: Saru
VOTE: Golden (Yes, yes, feel free to start voting me for 'joining a majority'... a wagon on me could be quite interesting in fact.)
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:01 am

Post by pitoli »

In post 1565, Cass wrote: VOTE: Golden (Yes, yes, feel free to start voting me for 'joining a majority'... a wagon on me could be quite interesting in fact.)
Gonna get to this in more detail later, including questions that were asked of me, but this looks really awful. Preemptively throwing shade. Making me sad because I had a slight townread on her as D1 was ending.

VOTE: Cass
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:06 am

Post by pitoli »

Also this website makes a point of including pronouns, please fucking use mine Cass mmk
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:07 am

Post by Saru »

In post 1554, rb wrote:There's no changing. I checked activity when I made the post but didn't explicitly state it. I rarely do state everything I'm thinking because it's not needed. It's also why I make more short posts, I think as I write, I don't really quote-respond-quote-respond in depth. It's boring.

You're trying really hard to strawman me right now but it's not working. Also me skim reading long walls is a thing I usually do. I usually don't have the patience to read long walls of mostly not important stuff.
No, I wasn't straw-manning. I'm assuming you're referring to the point about 200 one-liners? That was not a comment about your posting style, although I can see why you took it that way. I was talking about how I could also just spread out my posts and up my post count if I really wanted to. That's all.
rb wrote:What I want to know is whether or not you think I'm scum here because what's interesting is that all of the stuff you're saying about me being overconfident or whatever is from a game I was town.
In regards to your inconsistency, we're going to have to agree to disagree. If you think Dierfire doesn't fit that profile, fine. I'm not going to argue the point into oblivion, but you need to understand why I am confused about it and not treat me like I'm a "dickhead" because I don't agree or understand something. That is not the way to have a fruitful(nor civil) discussion about something. You turn people off that way. I've told you that I question things that I am confused about to get a better understanding. Not a hard concept to understand.

As for if I think your scum, refer to the bottom of my post.
In post 1555, rb wrote:The only purpose this serves is to attack me as a person. Like all people I click with others and butt heads with others.

What's really frustrating though is that you take a game where I was 'toxic' and then try and paint me with the same toxicity - when you have no idea why I was actually toxic in the first place. Not to mention that I'm not doing the same toxic thing here: but you apparently want me to?
Oh, so the way you "butt heads" with others is by using personal insults against them when they disagree? Because, if so, you need to learn how to speak to people. Mutual respect. If you're going to cross a line, don't expect me to sit back and just let you go further. I'm not that kind of person.

I'll tell you what's really frustrating: the fact that you would try to justify using a personal insult against me by using game reasons. You apparently called me a "dickhead" because you thought I didn't understand your lurker scum definition. If this is true, then again, you need to learn how to speak to people in a proper manner. No matter how dumb or scummy you think I might be, there are other words you can use to express this feeling that don't try to hit below the belt. If you don't have these words in your repertoire, then go pick up a dictionary and find them, because I can assure you that no one will want to play with you if you keep spouting personal expletives at people.

And it's rich that you would accuse me of trying to goad you into being uncooperative, when I was trying to have a cooperative conversation with you. You decided that no, you'd rather veer off that and force my hand. If anything, it would be you who would be goading me into being toxic. What do you expect for someone to do when they're being called personal insults? Sit back and take it? No. Obviously they're going to get upset and talk back in some kind of way. I'm pretty sure you'd know this, seeing as you do the same thing with others. To paint me as the one goading you is just counter-punching.
In post 1557, Dierfire wrote:I've caught up.

I'm still reading as Town: pitoli, Expedience, rb, and RyanK.

The most recent VC indicates that we've some votes for the golden009 slot; I'll be joining that wagon.

VOTE: golden009
This is an extremely scummy post. A big argument happened involving your name, and you choose not to comment on it? Really?

Let's see: you have the same exact town reads list as rb(the most active player in the game). Then, you vote the biggest wagon in the game(who doesn't even have a player behind it) with rehashed reasoning from D1. And finally, in your next post, you throw shade at me for not voting.

The fact that you chose to avoid a huge argument involving you gives me all kinds of bad feelings. Throwing shade at me and putting rb in your town reads without even addressing our argument makes me feel like you know you have his favor, and that you're trying to keep it. It wouldn't do coasting scum any good to get into direct confrontation with one of the more aggressive players in the game who also happens to be the player who's universally TR.

Dierfire/rb as part of a scum team feels like the obvious answer, and so that's why I feel it's unlikely. I doubt scum!rb would plainly admit that he town reads Dierfire for having points similar to his own.
In post 1558, Dierfire wrote:
@Saru

Would you like to cast a vote?
Sure.
VOTE: Dierfire
Currently Playing:
N/A
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Cass »

In post 1567, pitoli wrote:Also this website makes a point of including pronouns, please fucking use mine Cass mmk
Sorry Pitoli - I mean no offense and will try to pay more attention.

(I get called 'he' about 50% of the time here and it has lead to me ignoring / randomizing pronouns in general. Maybe I should just default to she? To balance things out? :cool: )
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:40 am

Post by rb »

@Saru, get off the high horse dickhead, it's nauseating.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:42 am

Post by rb »

@Expedience, Saru is playing victim just like scum always do. His reaction to being called a dickhead is hugely overblown. He's scum pretending to be upset for townpoints.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:44 am

Post by rb »

Oh and scum pretty much always take the opportunity to goad someone into frustration if they can so you're definitely wrong there.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Saru »

In post 1571, rb wrote: Saru is playing victim just like scum always do. His reaction to being called a dickhead is hugely overblown. He's scum pretending to be upset for townpoints.
You mean just like how you got "upset" out of nowhere from me asking you simple questions? Funny how you use the same argument against me that I used against you. You keep throwing counter-punch after counter-punch.
rb wrote:Oh and scum pretty much always take the opportunity to goad someone into frustration if they can so you're definitely wrong there.
Then I guess your scum. Again: you know as well as anyone that insulting people will cause them to get frustrated and upset. So I guess your objective with insulting me was for me to get frustrated so you can paint me as scum. Funny how you do that right after I start questioning your inconsistency.
Currently Playing:
N/A
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:54 am

Post by Saru »

Your argument against me is the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "I know you are, but what am I!?"

All because you couldn't argue your way out of your shitty inconsistent reads.
Currently Playing:
N/A

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”