Newbie 1765 | URW | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:03 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 322, LicketyQuickety wrote:More precise or difference of opinion? There is not a clear cut answer here. It will be left to intuition. BTW, why do you keep defending the guy?
I think more precise unless you have reasoning behind not liking him repeating the same reasoning that I haven't addressed.

I keep defending him because I think your approach (especially in regards to him) is flawed.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:06 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 142, ConnorJC wrote:What, is it normal for newbies to not even try to figure out what they're doing?
What were you referring to here?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.10

N
o
f
i
s
h
i
n
e
i
t
h
e
r
n
e
t
!
O
h
w
e
l
l
I
'
l
l
r
e
c
a
s
t
t
h
e
m
a
n
d
l
o
o
k
i
n
t
o
b
u
i
l
d
i
n
g
a
t
r
a
p
f
e
n
c
e
W
e
a
r
e
c
o
m
p
e
t
e
n
t
t
r
a
p
p
e
r
s

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Superhans
(L-4): TheDominator37
Rautherdir
(L-4): LicketyQuickety
:!:
TheDominator37
(L-3): Nachomamma8, ConnorJC
LicketyQuickety
(L-4): Rautherdir

Not voting
(4): Lovesick, toblerone187, FancyPants, Superhans

M
o
d
n
o
t
e
s
:
K
e
e
p
i
t
f
u
n
!

D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
:
(expired on 2016-12-30 14:00:00)
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:11 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 326, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 142, ConnorJC wrote:What, is it normal for newbies to not even try to figure out what they're doing?
Man, you really like dragging up old posts.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:12 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 152, Rautherdir wrote:There are two scum. They could conceivably quickhammer. It would be a stupid move, but it's still a move that could happen.
This shouldn't be a significant concern of yours; trading one townie for the scumteam (which is typically what happens in those situations) is a trade that the Town is perfectly comfortable in making.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:12 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 328, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 326, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Man, you really like dragging up old posts.
Should I just be ignoring them instead?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:20 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 159, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 155, Superhans wrote:LicketyQuickety, you've voted for Rautherdir. Would you want to convince others to do the same and why?
I don't want to "force" anything. I am not Rampage.
Aiming to convince doesn't mean that you're forcing things through.

Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:20 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 329, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 152, Rautherdir wrote:There are two scum. They could conceivably quickhammer. It would be a stupid move, but it's still a move that could happen.
This shouldn't be a significant concern of yours; trading one townie for the scumteam (which is typically what happens in those situations) is a trade that the Town is perfectly comfortable in making.
I think I've said this before, but this is my first game. I don't exactly know what to prioritize.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:21 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 331, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 159, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 155, Superhans wrote:LicketyQuickety, you've voted for Rautherdir. Would you want to convince others to do the same and why?
I don't want to "force" anything. I am not Rampage.
Aiming to convince doesn't mean that you're forcing things through.
Yes... (I'm working on it)
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:23 am

In post 332, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 329, Nachomamma8 wrote:
I think I've said this before, but this is my first game. I don't exactly know what to prioritize.
Then how did you know how to Link the posts with:

Code: Select all

[post][/post]

?

toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:25 am

Post by toblerone187 »

I have to be honest, you guys (and gal) are losing me with all these arguments and hypothesis

What is interesting to me is that at least 3 people asked for my views, but when I gave them, no-one was interested in them - maybe because they were not analytical enough?
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:29 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 335, toblerone187 wrote:I have to be honest, you guys (and gal) are losing me with all these arguments and hypothesis

What is interesting to me is that at least 3 people asked for my views, but when I gave them, no-one was interested in them - maybe because they were not analytical enough?
You've given very little in the way of reads/views. As a matter of fact, I'd now like to ask for some more firm reads.
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:30 am

Post by toblerone187 »

In post 334, LicketyQuickety wrote:Then how did you know how to Link the posts with:

CODE: SELECT ALL

?de: Select all?
Well it is my first game too but I can read! When you post a reply there are instructions above

Not defending Rautherdir - just pointing out it is pretty obvious. If you can
bold
and
underline
you

(I hope I have got that right or I am gonna look like a bit of a dick!)
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:31 am

Post by toblerone187 »

I meant to say "..you
can
(post tag)"
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Because there's a button that says post on it. I assumed it would allow me to link to posts. I tried it and used the preview button and found out that's how it worked.
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:31 am

Post by ConnorJC »

Ok, so I'm going to be V/LA for 4-5 hours. Expect very little content from me.

Please if TheDom shows up don't let it get away with another 1-2 prod dodgy posts. It's currently contributed less than 1% of the discussion for this game, and we need more content to be able to make a read.
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:34 am

Post by toblerone187 »

In post 339, Rautherdir wrote:Because there's a button that says post on it. I assumed it would allow me to link to posts. I tried it and used the preview button and found out that's how it worked.
My point exactly
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Rautherdir »

LQ, I've (I admit somewhat badly) given reasons for my vote on you, what are your current reasons for your vote on me?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:47 am

In post 300, Superhans wrote:
In post 297, LicketyQuickety wrote: I'm not hiding them, they are just too hard to say.
Scum read.

Kinda think my English teacher actually described the English language as being limited by the imagination, not limited by how "outside-of-the-box" your methods are.
Explain, also explain clearly (because you also have a habit of confusing everyone with even the simplest comments).

I don't care how long your explanation is, as long as it is sincere, and makes some sense.

F
i
x
e
d
b
r
o
k
e
n
q
u
o
t
e
t
a
g
-
-
P
OK, so story time (yay!) When I first started playing the game, I got Scum read... a lot. I was lynched Day 1 8 times out of my first 16 games. People never understood my logic, barring few, and the ones who understood, really understood - they knew exactly where I was coming from and how to interpret my posts. Fast forward ~8ish months. I start seeing myself get Town read, not dying so early so often and generally having decent reads. Made it to late game a few times in my career and I am rarely wrong in Lylo as Town (never made it to Lylo as Scum). IDK when this was, but at some point when I was playing a Mafia game that was not really a Mafia game and I was 3p, I found that I am not too bad at breaking the system. My win con for that game is seen here:
Welcome to DragonCon, TheQuickOne!

You are the Indestructible 3p. That's right, YOU CANNOT DIE. (Unless you are modkilled. Don't make me!) Wincon is to be hit by a kill, investigated, and successfully target someone to protect them from Con Crud. You may choose one target to protect each cycle.

You are now a part of the Third Party team. You can hang out with them during the day here: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/svsEDj2CzWC

You are sharing a room here: Room E - http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/HRnquyjjFCXXS

Your Roommates:
StaceofBass
hawkataine
Earthious
Tsubaki

You must choose a daytime destination in here no later than two hours before phase change. Violators will be fined and locked in the basement with the unwashed carriers of con funk. Or worse.

You have $100 to spend. You may borrow and lend, or buy, sell, and trade with other players.

All actions, day or night, must be in bold so I can find them easily, thank you very much.
I only had an inclination to it looking back, but this was really the game that I learned just how crazy I could play and not get Lynched/NKed. At the very start of the game I claimed that I was a treestump who got a passive guilty on someone N0. That person was lynched, while I was not. I ended up actually investigating myself and NKing my partner fulfilling my win con IDK when I did the curd thing but I think it was N1 or N2.

I was then stuck in no man's land for a long time, not really knowing how to use my weird style to my advantage. Suffice to say, I now play in a way where I know people are either going to get what I am saying, or they are not. The ones that don't I am going to try and learn how to use subliminal messaging to get them to understand what I am saying.

Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Superhans »

@Nachomamma8, in answer to your questions on why isn't it fruitful to talk about the Lovesick Wagon and my reads on Lovesick.

Lovesick's first comment was:
In post 13, Lovesick wrote:ICs can be any alignment I believe, they're here to help the new, troubled players with the ways things work and etc however no more than that - correct me if I'm wrong though. Hopefully we have a spike of activity at one point otherwise this game may get difficult.
Calling for more activity, yet offering nothing herself to help initiate the activity. After the Lovesick wagon, she certainly provides content, but it the kind of content that clogs up your drains and makes sewege spill out of your toilet when you try and flush:

Game theory & Defensive talk.
Game theory.
<-- After this I remove my vote on her for her scum readings on you (or so I thought)
Buuut her next post actually takes back what I thought was a scum reading on you :(
Post 157 also contains this nice little passage which I have already commented on in
Actually a scum read on me, which would be good, but I don't think contributes that much, as there is no examples, or further evidence.
Game theory.
Game theory.
Game theory.
Game theory.
Game theory.
Scum read on me, but also not very in depth. & Defensive
Scum read on Nacho, but honestly its really not very deep.
n/a
Game theory.
Game theory.
Game theory.
Defensive
Game theory.
Game theory.
Game theory / Defensive (?)
Good questions.
n/a
n/a
n/a
Scum read on me for being too jumpy, doesn't expand upon this. Has reads on Nacho, Connor and Rauth.
Game theory.
Defensive.

I whipped this list up quickly, and Game theory is a really really loose term, basically I used it to label her posts that didn't analyse other peoples comments, didn't ask other people questions or offer reads. If Lovesick implicitly mentioned someone as being scummy/towny/suspicious etc I put the scum read next to it.
You can see that most of the posts are on game theory.

Common Lovesick Game Theory Themes

By game theory I just mean discussions that are often imho not very constructive and look into the best way we should be playing the game.
Lovesick emphasises:

* Playing it slowly on other servers.
* Whether you should target multiple suspicious players at once
* Whether it is productive to target lurking players.

I basically disagree with most of what Lovesick believes. I think that early game lurk wagons are a good idea, Lovesick doesn't;
Lovesick is playing it far too safe for my liking, and even though she does make scum reads, they are all 'on the fence' scum reads, like Superhans you're suspious for x reason, but I need more evidence.
If Lovesick thinks I'm suspicious she should interrogate me, or provide quotes as evidence or offer examples of my "jumpy behaviour".

tldr

I think that Lovesick is town, but is offering virtually nothing of value to the conversation. I think she is town just because of how defensive she became when we were on the Lovesick-is-a-lurker wagon.

I thought that she had made a scum read on you in post 132, but when then takes it back, saying it wasn't a serious suspicion.

F
i
x
e
d
b
r
o
k
e
n
p
o
s
t
t
a
g
s
Y
o
u
w
a
n
t
[
p
o
s
t
]
[
/
p
o
s
t
]
n
o
t
[
p
o
s
t
]
#
[
/
p
o
s
t
]
t
h
e
#
m
e
a
n
s
"
o
n
t
h
e
e
n
t
i
r
e
s
i
t
e
t
h
e
v
e
r
y
f
i
r
s
t
p
o
s
t
"
a
n
d
t
h
e
m
e
a
n
s
"
i
n
t
h
i
s
t
h
r
e
a
d
t
h
e
f
i
r
s
t
p
o
s
t
"

-
-
P
Last edited by Plotinus on Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by Superhans »

^ Daaamnn

Just tried one of these links, I saw that green code with [post= ] [/post] and thought it was referring to posts in this thread *facepalm*

Well I didn't want to play the noobcard, but I guess I can't help myself.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

It's just the number of the post you want inside the post tags. I think. It worked for me.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Superhans »

Please please please no one bother to fix my hideous mistake. Basically you can get the same information from viewing Lovesick with 'ISO'. The key point of the huge list of analysing her posts was that she doesn't say anything helpful, so don't drag up the Lovesick wagon again.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Superhans »

Or do drag up the wagon, but insist that Lovesick doesn't just spam her (imho terrible) Game theory on how we should only focus on one player at a time.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

Or we could switch to me v LQ. I'm not backing down until I hear LQ's current reasons to vote me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”